Obligatory: We need to talk about that “Walking Dead” episode last night

posted at 10:17 pm on March 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

I didn’t think they’d have the guts to do it. Unloading Deadweight Dale is one thing but where does the show go now that its one and only interesting character is gone? We never even got to see a real Shane rampage. I thought the last five or six episodes were simply a prelude to him snapping, grabbing a shotgun, and taking out Lori, Glenn, T-Dog, Herschel, and ideally every other dull/annoying character on the show. Instead he got a knife in the gut from Mr. Rogers. Take it from a beta male, my friends: Ain’t no way Sheriff Rick could out-alpha-male Shane. That’s less likely than the zombie apocalypse.

EW has a nice interview with actor Jon Bernthal about having to leave a show (and cast) he grew to love. Three points to ponder as the “Walking Dead” fan base mourns and regroups. One: If Rick ‘n the crew are so paranoid about being discovered by Randall’s gang, why on earth are they driving around the farm unnecessarily? Engine noise is probably the surest way that they’d be detected. Two: Where’d all the zombies in the woods come from at the very end of last night’s episode? You’re lucky to see one “walker” around the farm in each show this season and yet suddenly, at the precise moment Shane is liquidated, they’re streaming into the field? I’ve got nothing against a convenient plot device but work for it a little. Three: How exactly is the zombie “virus” transmitted? I’ve always assumed that it takes a bite or scratch from a zombie, but obviously I’m wrong. Neither Shane nor Randall was bitten or scratched; in fact, a few episodes ago, Shane noted that the two zombie cops he and Rick killed appeared to have no bites on them. Clearly it’s airborne and everyone’s infected, with the “virus” lying latent until the moment of death. But in that case … what’s up with the bites and scratches? It’s part of zombie lore that no one recovers from one of those; if the undead draw blood, you’re finished. Bites are always fatal — and yet, evidently, they’re not the means through which the virus is passed on. That’s odd, no? I can suspend my disbelief enough to accept the possibility of a global zombie armageddon, but dammit, I want the science to add up.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I always know that the overzealous ones are the least trustworthy. Goodbye Shane, kid has a good aim but for a second I wondered why the dad didn’t hear Shane’s footsteps behind him.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

The virus mutated.

Blake on March 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Still waiting for Carl to die…..

Coolidge on March 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I don’t understand why AllahPundit keeps posting about a show he clearly loathes. I personally love it and loved the episode last night.

Jack_Burton on March 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Rick didn’t kill Shane. His wife did.

Mark1971 on March 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I always wondered why you wouldn’t get it if you got zombie juice on an open wound or mucous membrane. So, it’s either that or the virus mutate and it’s airborn or sometin’.

Blake on March 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Rick’s wife is psycho.

Mark1971 on March 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Engine noise is probably the surest way that they’d be detected.

Do you spend much time in the country?

The gunshots would carry farther but wouldn’t give direction.

Just like the Indians knew, fire with its accompanying smoke, is how to get noticed. And lights at night in the middle of nowhere is a powerful invitation. The smart survivors at the farm would stake out the high ground and look for smoke.

It was time for Shane to go and bring in new antagonists.

cozmo on March 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM

It’d would be a good show if it got rid of the stupid and/or sentimental scenes.

Blake on March 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I’m still scratching my head over the episode, last night. At the end, I kept waiting for it to be shown to be in Rick’s head that his son was there and that Shane became a walker and that the walkers were coming out of the woods. It just kind of looked like the writers were running out of time for the episode and said; “Let’s just throw everything against the wall and see what sticks!”

Star20 on March 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Shane, oh Shane, I will miss you so much. You were truly a manly man, an almost extinct breed. If only that whining Lori could have been taken out.

TeleL on March 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Kid should have told his dad to move or duck before shooting over his dad’s shoulder.

philoquin on March 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Which of those zombies is Romney? Aren’t we supposed to unite behind that one?

besser tot als rot on March 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Three: How exactly is the zombie “virus” transmitted?
======================================================

Oh this is a cake walk….,from looking at Nancy Pelosi’s
Rapid Mesmerizing Eye Movements,in which,PELOSIUM is releas
ed somehow and is transmitted…..and BAM,

your infected!!!!!!!!!
(snark)

canopfor on March 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Blake on March 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Just like all modern zombie movies, it depends on how important the character is to the plot.

cozmo on March 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Lori needs to go next…along with the rest of the cast. This is the first show I can remember where I’ve disliked everyone on it. Instead of identifying with them and their predicament, you end up rooting for their demise.

changer1701 on March 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I think Rick shot the two guys in the bar in the head as well. My theory is the guy at the CDC whispered to Rick that everybody is infected so you have to shot people in the head to kill them.

Wagthatdog on March 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Gunshot!

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM

This doesn’t explain how Randall turned, but… at the school, Shane stabbed a walker in the head with a knife (per Rick’s explanation of ‘saving ammo’.) Later, when he was trapped on the bus, he used a knife to cut his hand for blood to draw the walkers in to stab again.

Same knife? Maybe transmitted the virus that way?? Just a thought.

Also… from last season, the CDC doctor whispered something into Rick’s ear that we weren’t privy too, if memory serves. I’m betting that whatever he said had to do with how the virus is transmitted.

chaddyt on March 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Rick’s wife is psycho.

Mark1971 on March 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM

War On Wimmen!

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Three: How exactly is the zombie “virus” transmitted?
======================================================

Or,you can pick it up,from drinking the KOOL_AID!!!!
(sarc)

canopfor on March 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Love this show. So many subtleties

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Did Shane die and become a zombie? Does a shot to the head “kill” a zombie? I don’t watch the show but I love reading AP’s posts on it!

ellifint on March 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Three: How exactly is the zombie “virus” transmitted?
======================================================

Oh this is a cake walk….,from looking at Nancy Pelosi’s
Rapid Mesmerizing Eye Movements,in which,PELOSIUM is releas
ed somehow and is transmitted…..and BAM,

your infected!!!!!!!!!
(snark)

canopfor on March 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM

lol
wow, the hilarity, you should look into standup if you ever have a need for another career.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I was just happy to see that they let Carl kill Shane… not exactly like the comic, cuz Carl shoots non-zombie Shane, but still good.

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Shane had to go.

He turned into an obsessive hot head.

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I blame Bush.

Also, would zombie infection be covered under Obamacare?

I just watched the last four episodes of Season 1. Man, I’m dying to know what the CDC guy told Rick in that final whisper.

RedNewEnglander on March 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Still waiting for Carl to die…..

Coolidge on March 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Carl doesn’t die in the comics yet, but he does get shot again.

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM

My mind is racing – Rick and Carl are the 2 characters who have nearly died during the outbreak, but made it. Question: do they have an immunity to it? Will the baby be born with it? The question right now is, does the virus help cause death or does it merely take over after death? Because if it’s the former, I have to think there’s some sort of immunity angle that focuses on these 2, soon to be 3.

matd on March 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I am with you Blake. Episode after episode I kept wondering why they let Zombie juice in their eyes and mouths.

I am glad Shane is gone, maybe now the soap is over.

And Glenn, your an idiot. GET BUSY! Please don’t turn Maggie down again.

barnone on March 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Read the comic

Dante on March 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM

In the movie 28 Days Later, didn’t the virus spread through any contact with the blood of someone infected??? So maybe that’s the angle they are going for here, not airborne but if zombie bloods gets on a open cut or in your mouth, ect. you become infected.

opustx on March 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM

And Glenn, your an idiot. GET BUSY! Please don’t turn Maggie down again.

barnone on March 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I’d LOOOOVE to hit dat

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM

chaddyt on March 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Everyone is infected. Zombie bite causes them to turn quicker, but anyone that dies will go zombie.

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Last weeks episode had Shane fighting off zombies in the bus. He cut his hand to distract a zombie then stabbed it in the head. Then he did it again using his now infected knife he cut his hand again before stabbing another zombie.

Two other scenes come to mind though. Remember the Walker they found hanging in the woods? Also the Doctor at the CDC whispering something to Rick? There is speculation that everyone is infected.

jpmn on March 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Shane was the best “Fart Actor” ever.

tomas on March 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM

My wife is watching the episode as I’m typing this. I gave up on it by the end of last season but I’ve ended up at least hearing most episodes in the background when she watches it. As she turned on the episode tonight and they recapped, I commented that if I was there in that situation I would have killed Shane a long time ago as he is quite unstable and dangerous to everyone in the group in the long run. Glad to read that I am soon going to see him die. I’m actually going to watch the rest of it just to enjoy that scene. If only he and Rick had killed each other. ..

deepdiver on March 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Look who’s talking.

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM

On the heels of his fictional death on AMC’s zombie drama, the actor joins TNT’s “L.A. Noir” 1940-50′s set cop drama pilot.

Blake on March 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM

For the love of God AP go to the bookstore in the graphic novel section and read the comic book. They have them in huge omnibus form. Just grab one, find a chair, sit down and read. Maybe you’ll “get” the show.

*spoilers*

Everyone is a carrier.

rollthedice on March 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Carl doesn’t die in the comics yet, but he does get shot again.

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Dude! Why would you want to throw potential spoilers like that around?

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM

What a scene with Shane and Rick..I admit, i cried when Shane died the first time..As much of a jerk he was a lot of the time, i thought he had a good side and thought he would eventually overcome his dark side but I was wrong..He did a great job as the villain on the show..he will be missed

I’m not sure when Shane got infected and why that kid turned so quickly into a zombie..that was a bit of a mess at the end there

sadsushi on March 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I read these a long time ago — isn’t it right after this that they go to the penitentiary?

cynccook on March 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I can’t believe you are all missing it! At the place with all the school buses and the zombie cops with no bites. There was a pile of dead burnt zombies. Rick, Shane and the kid were all there inhaling burnt zombie. The kid went zombie then Shane went zombie. When Rick dies he will go zombie as well.

When burning zombies, use the Bill Clinton method, Don’t inhale!

OMG! – They burned some of the zombies in the barn. They are all infected.

QUESTION: Will Rick’s wife’s baby die inside of her and start eating its way out?

mr. b on March 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I’d LOOOOVE to hit dat

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Yeah, she’s pretty hot. Glenn…is not worthy of that. In an ideal world, Glenn would be taking coffee orders for the real man who wins Maggie’s heart.

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Dude! Why would you want to throw potential spoilers like that around?

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Show won’t get that far and they wouldn’t do it on tv anyways.

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Sorry though…. basically though, everyone is screwed.

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM

mr. b on March 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Good lord! They better pray she doesn’t miscarry!

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Every one is a carrier of the virus just like everyone has some form of HPV.

The twist with the bites and scratches is that people who get bit die of blood loss and then zombifiaction or they die of mass infection from dead tissue that is the zombie and what/who they just eat like how a komodo dragon kills prey. All it takes is a death of higher brain function and then the instinctive primitive brain of a zombie takes over and then the body slowly decomposes.
If they get a simple cold, no medicine or any good food you die. You die of dehydration you become a zombie.

What one hopes they get to is how long do zombies last before the body is decomposed to not be able to move. If they eat something does that allow them to last longer as they still have a working digestive system with circulation. Do zombies have a heart beat so they are not really dead, just psychotic monster with no mind just animistic instinct to eat.

Lets hope it last long enough and digs deep enough to hash out a whole new canon on zombies that has never been done before.

In the comic Shane does not even last long enough to get to the farm before Carl kills him to protect Rick.

tjexcite on March 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM

cynccook on March 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Yeah. Probably season 3. I just hope that they have the Governor and that they do it well.

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Show won’t get that far and they wouldn’t do it on tv anyways.

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

By killing Sophia, I think the show proved it’s willing to go to very dark places.

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Obligatory: We need to talk about that “Walking Dead” episode last night

Actually, no we don’t.

Bitter Clinger on March 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I blame Republicans for Shane’s death– if they didn’t hate women, Rick’s wife would’ve had free birth control for life, even in an apocalpse. Then she never would have gotten knocked up and caused all that tension between Rick and Shane and made Shane go nutso…

As for the virus, you missed the whole point of the ending– the virus has mutated

The hostage kid died from a broken neck from Shane, then turned into a zombie. Then Shane gets stabbed and reanimates

They would have stayed dead before. The virus has mutated.

Now apparently all these dead corpses that weren’t burned before are waking up everywhere and mobbing them

Don’t worry about not having a villain– the Gov’nor will make you forget Shane soon enough next season…

thurman on March 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM

lol

0bamaderangementsyndrom on March 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Hey, how’s it going?

Thought I’d ask before telling you to go f**k yourself.

Dack Thrombosis on March 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM

This may be the case that everyone is infected, but did ya notice that the multitude of corpses (not dead walkers) on the highway had head injuries that didn’t look like the result of being some walker’s midnight snack?

More to come, and soon…

john1schn on March 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Oh he’s worthy. He’s a brave kid. Remember the first episodes when he was running around Atlanta with Rick?

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Michonne needs to make an appearance. She and Maggie are the best characters in TWD comics.

Rode Werk on March 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Rick’s wife is psycho.

Mark1971 on March 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM

What just because she is trying to convince Rick to kill Shane and then within apparently a few days she tries to be all nicey-nice with him?

///

CW on March 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Sophia’s death was tame compared to the stuff in the comics…. but she doesn’t die in the comics, and Dale dies way later and differently, so show is different enough from comics that I’m sure what I said won’t be a spoiler.

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Since the Guvmint busted Megavideo I don’t watch anymore.

(anyone have decent link advice,?)

Bruno Strozek on March 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Ewwww….I forgot about the Governor. I remember the ‘trophies’ he keeps on display in his room…

cynccook on March 12, 2012 at 10:50 PM

mr. b on March 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Good lord! They better pray she doesn’t miscarry!

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM

A good plot twist is that they find the adults are all carries but any babies born after are immune and when they die they stay dead. This will allow mankind to continue after a 20 years of fighting zombies until they are all extinct.

tjexcite on March 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM

*** COMIC SPOILERS ***

In the comic, everyone is infected and zombifies on death. Zombie bites just happen to be fatal, and the leading cause of death.

Shane is killed very early on in the comic (actually by Carl (having Carl walk around with a gun all episode was a big tease for comic fans)) and Rick is a more complex character, spending the rest of the series pulled between his light and dark side. Rick’s been a dull good guy for two seasons now, so hopefully that changes with Shane gone.

What we saw at the end of the episode was a herd, which are explained at great length in the comic. Zombies mimic each other, meaning if left alone long enough, giant clumps of them will form and wander randomly, each following the other for no real reason until they hear a loud noise or spot prey. It was a little contrived, but presumably a herd wandered into the forest within the last day or so and happened to hear Rick’s gunshot.

After half a season of soap opera, the show is finally showing echoes of what makes the comic so damned good. I’m optimistic.

redfate on March 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I can not believe that Shane died, since Shane is the only source of conflict on the show. Everyone else is in some kind of Rick-worship mode even though he showed up weeks after they had a functional survival group and needed to be saved because he stupidly thought itd be smart to go in the opposite direction OF AN ENTIRE HIGHWAY OF STALLED CARS.

But whatever, Shane is the (super hot) bad guy or whatever. And Dale, UGH,

libfreeordie on March 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Forgive my ignorance…I’ve only seen one episode so clearly I don’t know much about the show. I hear from all fans of the show that Lori is really annoying…can anyone fill me in on why they think she’s annoying? The one episode that I did see didn’t show much of her so I wasn’t able to find out too much about the character.

GOPRanknFile on March 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM

That Glenn never made it out of the pilot. He was replaced by some doppelganger named Glenn who looks just like him, only the doppelganger Glenn is essentially a pussy.

Glenn is Dale minus 80 years.

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM

That Glenn never made it out of the pilot. He was replaced by some doppelganger named Glenn who looks just like him, only the doppelganger Glenn is essentially a wuss.

Glenn is Dale minus 80 years.

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM

GOPRanknFile on March 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Andrea is worse. She’s a grumpy, crotchety biatch.

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Herschel will die of a heart attack some night and start looking for a midnight snack.

mr. b on March 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM

libfreeordie on March 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM

They’re introducing a new character next season that will be a pretty ferocious antagonist, at least if he’s presented the way he is in the comics.

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I still can’t believe they killed Shane off in the second season. The tension between Rick, Shane and Lori has been part of the glue holding the show together so far. I can’t imagine the direction it’s going to take now. New character(s) introduced?

jan3 on March 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

mr. b on March 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM

You know, that never occurred to me, but any wise survivor would have to take that possibility under advisement.

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

And he’s going to make Shane look like Mr. Rogers…

cynccook on March 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM

They need to do flashbacks to how things went down, and give more insight into the previous lives of characters.

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Everyone is a carrier, the bites just happen to cause death. An uninfected human carriers a number of nasty germs in their bites, can you imagine what a rotting corpse that’s been chewing on flesh is carrying? The bites cause septic shock.

Jenner told Rick that the virus is airborne, Rick didn’t want to let the news out because he didn’t want to panic everyone (Kirkman has already confirmed this) . We should see Rick reveal that in the next episode.

ShadowsPawn on March 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Just saving time by not going on with my usual boilerplate about the crap that passes for TV entertainment these days. Carry on.

whatcat on March 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Andrea is worse. She’s a grumpy, crotchety biatch.

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Dude. Andrea is smoking hot. She’s gorgeous.

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM

jan3 on March 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Trust me, once they find their next location and meet the governor, you’ll forget all about Shane.

ShadowsPawn on March 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM

And he’s going to make Shane look like Mr. Rogers…

cynccook on March 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM

And my guess is that we’ll learn that he’s the leader of Randall’s group.

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM

jan3 on March 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

If they stick to the comics, the next couple seasons are going to be really good. In the comics, Shane is killed off quickly.

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I’m wondering when the one-handed redneck is going to come back and try to kill T-Dog.

Mark1971 on March 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Dude. Andrea is smoking hot. She’s gorgeous.

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I will counter with:

1) yes, but
2) not as hot as maggie
3) still a cranky broad

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM

ShadowsPawn on March 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM

El_Terrible on March 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM

“YOU WANT THE SCIENCE TO ADD UP!” ITS A ZOMBIE SHOW !!!!!!!! LOL

Rook on March 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Mark1971 on March 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM

My bet is he is the leader of that other group.

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM

ShadowsPawn on March 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Thanks, I feel better now.

jan3 on March 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM

The virus mutated. Even the nastiest viruses in history (AIDS, Ebola, bubonic plague et al.) have to keep their hosts alive as long as possible. No host = dead virus. In a world where living humans are becoming scarce, it’s the only thing I can think of.

Ryan Anthony on March 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Great, nerve wracking episode. Shane had to go. The guy was way to unstable.

The deal with the virus is pretty depressing. Talk about no hope at all.

And Allah, I think most of your concerns about car noise and zombie demographics are a little too picky, imo. Although, a pet peeve of mine in night light. Notice they went way out of their way to show a full moon to justify the fake light going on at night. Still, the big arc light in every scene was ridiculous. Every TV show and movie does that though. The worst example I’ve seen of that is Black Death with Sean Bean. You’re wondering, “The moon must be the freakin’ size of Jupiter!”

Dongemaharu on March 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM

It was established early on that the dead re-animate without neccesiarily being bitten, and the only way to kill them is with a blow to the brainstem. Remember the guy Darrell and Andrea found last fall who gave up and hanged himself WITHOUT HAVING been bit, and he just reanimated as a walker in the noose hanging above the ground.

Teacher in Tejas on March 12, 2012 at 11:14 PM

There is no virus.
Why do you people think there is a virus?
There is no virus.
The dead walk.
There is no virus.

JohnBrown on March 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Glenn is Dale minus 80 years.

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Yeah, the cocky, wily guy from that first episode seems to be gone.

Dongemaharu on March 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Answer: The seasonal swamp has started to dry up freeing a lot of the stuck walkers that have been feasting on the stray wandering livestock from Herschel’s farm thanks to a break in the fence. Herschel’s family has stopped collecting the stuck walkers from the swamp since Otis’s death and the barn incident. Loud noises like gunfire and stray livestock/humans attract walkers. Walkers sometimes travel in groups or swarms (like in the highway scene earlier this season).

eigafan on March 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Actually Shane lasted longer then he did in the comic,Mao get over it.

Second Dale was suppose to be eaten by cannibals that never happened as they changed the story.

Wait till you get a load of the Governor

Conservative4ev on March 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I have an idea for a future episode: They can bring in the people Dr. Jenner was networked with at the CDC. The ones he was sending status updates.

Yeah, I know it’s weird to bring it up right now, but it’s as good a possibility as any that they’d inhabit a closed-circuit ecosystem. Something like the Cheyenne Mountain complex or what-not.

Ryan Anthony on March 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM

There is no virus.
Why do you people think there is a virus?
There is no virus.
The dead walk.
There is no virus.

JohnBrown on March 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Remember the science twist whispered in Rick’s ear. Rick knows that’s why he stayed waiting for Shane to come back

Conservative4ev on March 12, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Don’t forget Mahoney she is one bad ass :)

Conservative4ev on March 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Allahpundit has it all wrong, Shane was an inferior alpha dog. Just look at Rick’s tactics in the bar with those two men, he was reasonable until he shot them dead. Look at the way he lulled Shane into thinking about what he was doing, making Shane think he was two weak to kill his best friend until he gutted him.

People think Rick is making stupid decisions, but I dare say most of the people in this show are pretty dumb. Rick is king of the stupids. That boy is wondering around a farm at night with flesh eating hordes of zombies running around the place. Why isn’t his mom concerned. There had to be body armor and better weapons lying around yet no one in the group picked any up??? There is a big open farm and no one built any fortifications, why?

Heck if they had the A-Team on that farm the survivors would have had an unassailable fortress by now. Usually takes them what an hour in TV time!

Africanus on March 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Bruno Strozek on March 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Blake on March 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Dude. Andrea is smoking hot. She’s gorgeous.

Kensington on March 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM
I will counter with:

1) yes, but
2) not as hot as maggie
3) still a cranky broad

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I am digging both of them to be honest– Andrea lost a few points by doing Shane in the car though, so edge to Maggie

thurman on March 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM

thurman on March 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Bet she’s grateful to dale for keeping her ass alive, ungrateful lil thang

blatantblue on March 12, 2012 at 11:39 PM