Quotes of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on March 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

“President Obama’s re-election campaign is beginning an intensified effort this week to build support among women, using the debate over the new health care law to amplify an appeal that already appears to be benefiting from partisan clashes over birth control and abortion.

“On Monday, mailings will go out to one million women in more than a dozen battleground states in three separate versions for mothers, young women and older women, campaign and party officials said.

“An effort called ‘Nurses for Obama’ will begin on Wednesday, with nurses nationwide enlisted to be advocates for the health care law in their communities…

“Through the month, ending with what the campaign’s headquarters has designated a ‘Women’s Week of Action,’ campaign field offices will organize phone banks, campus activities, house parties and media events featuring local residents helped by the law, officials say.”

***

“You’ve got to hand it to Democratic strategists. Who would have thought six months ago that in the lead up to perhaps the most important presidential election of our time, the hottest political topic in the country would not be the weak economy, high unemployment, the huge national debt, record gas prices, or turmoil in the Middle East. Instead it’s Women’s Rights, or at least that’s what the Democratic party is calling it while miraculously managing to keep a straight face.

“A term that was once used in conjunction with women’s suffrage and the right to vote is suddenly synonymous in the modern day with free contraceptives at the expense of others. Gone are the likes of true icons like Susan B. Anthony. Now we have Sandra Fluke and her heroic crusade to mandate that her sexual lifestyle choices be subsidized. How proud the Democratic party must feel right now to have successfully revitalized the civil rights movement in the 21st century by equating it with luxury entitlement. The media must feel pretty good too. They’ve actually been able to substantiate this ridiculous narrative to the American public… or at least a targeted voting block within the American public.

“The Republicans’ War on Women – that’s the poll-tested talking point coming out of Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the DNC these days. Despite the absurdity and insulting nature of the claim, the mantra sure is getting a lot of attention. It’s also proving to be an effective weapon – one of several weapons from a year-long arsenal of distractions designed to keep the Republican party off step, off topic, and constantly on the defensive at a time when President Obama is wrapping up what is surely the most dismal presidential term of my lifetime.”

***

“One woman in the Iditarod crowd yelled at the senator. Another was more civil, but made the same point: Murkowski ticked off a lot of women with that vote.

“‘With her vote, Murkowski showed her true colors and put her party’s anti-female agenda ahead of the Alaska women she is supposed to represent,’ Fairbanks resident Michelle Cason wrote to the editor of the city’s Daily News-Miner.

“Before the weekend was out, Murkowski told the Anchorage Daily News that she regretted her vote.

“‘I knew going into it that there was conflict there,’ Murkowski said in a telephone interview this past week. When she got home to Alaska, she knew. ‘I think I made a mistake.’”

***

“When a Wall Street Journal-NBC News survey asked in the summer which party should control Congress, 46 percent of women favored Democrats and 42 percent preferred Republican control.

“But in a survey released Monday, compiling data since the beginning of the year, that figure had widened considerably to a 15-point advantage for the Democrats, according to polling by the team of Democratic pollster Peter Hart and Republican Bill McInturff. Fifty-one percent favored Democratic control; only 36 percent wanted to see the Republicans in charge…

“GOP pollster Kellyanne Conway, an adviser to presidential candidate Newt Gingrich’s campaign, said Republicans need to return to pocketbook and fiscal issues. ‘We know what works,’ she said, ‘and we need to get back to it.’…

“A GOP strategist, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the party’s situation frankly, said: ‘It’s devastating. I don’t think it’s going to go away. I think it’s going to be a significant challenge the Republican nominee is going to inherit.’”

***

“Now, the contraception controversy ‘has really closed the intensity gap with unmarried (Democratic-leaning) women in particular, who weren’t as likely to turn out,’ said Democratic pollster Celinda Lake. ‘Republicans have done what, honestly, we couldn’t have done better if we’d designed a strategy ourselves.’…

“Meanwhile, many conservatives have come to believe the entire controversy was ginned up by Obama.

“‘It’s straight from the Saul Alinsky radical playbook – stage a fake war on women to divert attention from devastating economic policies that are hurting men and women,’ said Jennifer Stefano, a tea party leader from Bucks County, Pa., who is now state director of Americans for Prosperity.

“‘It’s sexist to cast women as victims who need big government to be their big daddy.’”

***

“In Iowa, one of the crucial battlegrounds in the coming presidential election, and in other states, dozens of interviews in recent weeks have found that moderate Republican and independent women — one of the most important electoral swing groups — are disenchanted by the Republican focus on social issues like contraception and abortion in an election that, until recently, had been mostly dominated by the economy…

“‘Everybody is so busy telling us how we should act in the bedroom, they’re letting the country fall through the cracks,’ said Fran Kelley, a retired public school worker in Seattle who voted for Senator John McCain over Mr. Obama in the 2008 election. Of the Republican candidates this year, she added, ‘They’re nothing but hatemongers trying to control everyone, saying, ‘Live as I live.’…

“Last week Joyce Kimball, a retired secretary in Greenville, Ill., who voted for Mr. McCain in 2008, said she had recently become ‘fed up,’ adding that it was not out of the question for her to vote for a Democrat in November. ‘I’m looking to hear how the candidates propose to put people back to work, not what they think about contraception,’ she said. ‘I hope to God they stop talking about this.’”

***

“Of course, Democrats started the conversation, but it was a good conversation to start if the goal was to get some Republicans to say some things that could be used against them. Fortunately, Mitt Romney, the Republican candidate who is going to be the nominee, had the sense not to say much. He was “tepid.” Good! We don’t want the government in our bedroom, so we don’t need a passionate President. Let him stay in his office and coolly and calmly do his job, which shouldn’t have anything to do with sex. He’s not our boyfriend.

Man, I loathe this pandering to women! Don’t treat us like we’re stupid. Don’t act like we need your special protection. Don’t buy us things.”

***

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

Scorpions upbeat version of Dust in the Wind

Dr. Tesla on March 12, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Thanks again for the clip of Arnold hanging out with the Basset hound. I watched a couple on that page. Arnold took over a paper route to buy a color TV. Poor fkr would be working long time to get a color TV back then. My dad paid $450 for one in the 60′s. A lot of money at the time.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2012 at 2:40 AM

This one sounds better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-bfcjpZ5vM The other one has the lyrics.

Bmore on March 12, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Why don’t we spin this one..It puts me in a happy place..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Haven’t heard that for a while.

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 2:40 AM

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I am a Gordon Lightfoot fan..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM

This is why it cannot be Santorum.

John the Libertarian on March 11, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I hope your alternative is Ron Paul right? Because the idea of women voting for a Mormon or a serial adulterer doesn’t strike me as a logical.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Awesome acoustic version of Rock You Like You a Hurricane by the Scorpions, doesn’t get better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5CXTIYwlFE Hurricane 2001

Dr. Tesla on March 12, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Good song, but I have never really liked live music. I know, I know, but there it is.

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I am a Gordon Lightfoot fan..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Me too. I liked the Summertime Dream album the best. Not sure why.

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 2:45 AM

November, 2012…

Gohawgs on March 12, 2012 at 2:28 AM

For you.

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Santorum’s wife used to be married to an abortion doctor, so women can change from being idiots.
Mormontheman on March 12, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I’m pretty sure that’s just false.

MeatHeadinCA on March 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Because the idea of women voting for a Mormon

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM

The least of Mitt’s offenses. I’m on board a Romney train, but it’s been a long strange trip, indeed.

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 2:48 AM

This is why it cannot be Santorum.
John the Libertarian on March 11, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Bill Clinton. Harry Reid. It’s not about logic.

MeatHeadinCA on March 12, 2012 at 2:48 AM

I’m pretty sure that’s just false.

MeatHeadinCA on March 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I don’t know about married to one, but she was working at an abortion mill. She also sued her chiropractor for getting her fat, she settled on $350K.

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 2:49 AM

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 2:45 AM

That is a good one..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 2:53 AM

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I prefer studio too, but not sure if there is a studio version of that acoustic version of Hurricane. Not on YouTube anyway.

Dr. Tesla on March 12, 2012 at 2:54 AM

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 2:48 AM

The Buckley rule is definitely in play..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I’m pretty sure that’s just false.
MeatHeadinCA on March 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM
John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 2:49 AM

What I heard is she lived with a weirdo when she was young. People do change, but let’s check our rumors at the door. Btw, did you know Newt’s ex is still alive!!!

MeatHeadinCA on March 12, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Dr. Tesla on March 12, 2012 at 2:54 AM

How does the acoustic version differ from the standard version?

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I like this one too, Scorpions, Life is Too Short

Dr. Tesla on March 12, 2012 at 2:56 AM

For you.

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM

You calling the Possum old?…

Gohawgs on March 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM

How does the acoustic version differ from the standard version?

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Standard is electric guitar, and no female singers, I think.

Dr. Tesla on March 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM

The Buckley rule is definitely in play..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Exactly.

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM

You calling the Possum old?…

Gohawgs on March 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM

And in the way.

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Here, John. By no means gossip free, and yet somehow less extravagant than the HA stories being told.

MeatHeadinCA on March 12, 2012 at 2:59 AM

That is a good one..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 2:53 AM

One of the first albums (actually cassette) that I ever owned. The other was ABBA Voulez-Vous. My brother gave them to me cause I wanted to listen to ‘cool’ music. Not sure if he was having me on or not.

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 3:00 AM

The current woman I’d like to know more about is the Derrick Bell disciple Michelle O.

MeatHeadinCA on March 12, 2012 at 3:02 AM

If the Democrats tell a massive lie and the voters believe them with whom lies the real problem?

The electorate.

Kataklysmic on March 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 3:00 AM

ABBA..wow that brings back memories..I thought the ladies in that band were so sexy..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Here, John.

MeatHeadinCA on March 12, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Thanks for the link. Pretty benign. I don’t begrudge her hooking up with an older dude, or even if he was an abortion doctor. But Ru Paul had a pretty devastating charge on her suing her chiropractor and settling for $350K at the same time Rick was trying to get the limit on tort litigation at $250K. Who sues a chiropractor for… anything?

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 3:05 AM

The electorate.

Kataklysmic on March 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Yeah, same here at age thirteen.

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Blondie and the lead singer of Berlin were the others I fell for.

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 3:09 AM

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 3:05 AM

THAT is a different matter. I don’t doubt the sincerity of the Santorum’s personal life, but I don’t trust Rick Santorum the legislature one bit. I see no evidence that he really “learned his lesson.”

Whatever. Romney will eventually win this thing and each of us will either have to jump ship or suck up some crap. Obama must be giddy.

MeatHeadinCA on March 12, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Kataklysmic on March 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Wow!..What are you doing up this late??!!??..:)

PS..Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 3:13 AM

sharrukin on March 12, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Debra Harry was really sexy..:)

PS..I liked a lot of Blondie music also..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Wow!..What are you doing up this late??!!??..:)

PS..Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Good to see you too, Buddy. I’m in AZ and we don’t change with daylight savings time, so it’s just after midnight for me.

I’ve just been looking at these polls that show the swing in women voters for Barry since this manufactured “war on women” began and it’s making me wonder if the electorate is too stupid to do the right thing this Nov. The midterms gave me a glimmer of hope that the country was waking up but I’m starting to wonder if there might not be 50.1% of voters willing to believe the media instead of their own two eyes.

Anyway, I don’t want to be the buzzkill in the middle of reminiscing about hot chicks of yesteryear so I’m going to force myself to think about something else.

Kataklysmic on March 12, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Whatever.

MeatHeadinCA on March 12, 2012 at 3:13 AM

He’s not my first choice. But I don’t think he’ll be that bad. We don’t know what he’s capable of with a Republican Senate and House. He’s had to survive in the libbest of libby states. I know I live in liberal Hollywood, but anecdotal evidence points to a lot of former Obama voters thinking Mitt is the only one that can defeat him.

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Kataklysmic on March 12, 2012 at 3:28 AM

I have faith in the USA that we will not buy into this latest BS by Team Obie..Not too many will be suckered into the “Flea Circus” they are creating..:)

PS..It is good too see you posting with the “zoo crew”..Please feel free to join us at anytime..Your comments will be welcomed..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 3:37 AM

We’ll remember, kinda like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor…

Gohawgs on March 12, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Anyone know if the patch works?
JPeterman on March 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

My experience is that everyone has their own method that works best. I tried gum, patch, lozenges…all with mild success.

What has me “clean” since last September was weaning myself off. Had 20 cigs on day 1…19 on day 2…18 on day 3…etc.

Every once in a while, i’d get stuck. Couldn’t go from 12 to 11 so easy…or from 8 to 7. So i’d hang out at 8 smokes a day for 5 or 6 days before finally pushing thru to 7.

About a month later…I was done with it.

Had a cig 3 months later…took 3 drags and threw it out. It was disgusting.

I still walk thru the smokers section outside at work though. It smells glorious.

And I still have mental cravings. And everyone I talk to says you always will.

But, clean for 6+ months now. Feels good.

CycloneCDB on March 12, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Thanks Buddy

Kataklysmic on March 12, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Gohawgs on March 12, 2012 at 3:43 AM

I understand your point.But I just want to point out that she does an excellent job covering this song IMHO..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Art Bell plays Dancing Queen.

SparkPlug on March 12, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Kataklysmic on March 12, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Morning/evening, Kat…

Gohawgs on March 12, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been watching different vids of her her for the last 1/2 hour…That link of yours wouldn’t let me OUT. I had to goto my Favs and click on HA…

Gohawgs on March 12, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Morning/evening, Kat…

Gohawgs on March 12, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Morning ‘Hawgs. I’m actually off to bed. Hold down the fort.

Kataklysmic on March 12, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Atheling used to say cupid stunts.

Lanceman on March 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Wow..I remember that epic meltdown when she got banned..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Heh..so do I..epic mud fight…

lovingmyUSA on March 12, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Is LCV in da house?…

Gohawgs on March 12, 2012 at 5:00 AM

This is what Mitt, Newt, Rick and Ron need to say when the dems and their minions trot out their emotion filled diversionary tactics aka the Flukes of the world…

Gohawgs on March 12, 2012 at 5:13 AM

She also sued her chiropractor for getting her fat, she settled on $350K.

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2012 at 2:49 AM

lol. 350K? How fat was she?

imasoulman on March 12, 2012 at 5:16 AM

One more thing, I’ve read on another site that some are speculating that Obama will dump Biden and put Hillary on the ticket. If this Republican war on women narrative is successful, he just might do it.

Gladtobehere on March 11, 2012 at 10:07 PM

^ THIS ^

Race Card/Misogyny Card

On an endless SRM loop.

soundingboard on March 12, 2012 at 5:25 AM

With special thanks to el rushbo for the assist. Way to go, dum@$$!

Laura in Maryland on March 12, 2012 at 6:37 AM

You can’t make me believe that women are that stupid and gullible.

swinia sutki on March 12, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Good Morning
Time change has arrived…

so I turn on morning joe and steve schmidt says everything in that game change movie was true…and the cuda bashing continues….

bleh

need to get some coffee…

cmsinaz on March 12, 2012 at 6:48 AM

swinia sutki on March 12, 2012 at 6:47 AM

if they drink the kool-aid, yepper and I am woman…

cmsinaz on March 12, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Looks like the War on Women™ strategery is a fail. ABC News/WAPO poll has Barack under 50% approval and running even with Romney. That’s ABC News/The Washington Post — so you know the actual numbers are much, much worse for Barry. So guess what he’s offering today? Free college tuition for…everybody! (Well, “free” unless you’re a taxpayer).

Rational Thought on March 12, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Because the idea of women voting for a Mormon

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM

This is what all non~First Amendment believers think. If this was an ethnic comment, you’d be a racist. No one but a Leftinista liberal like this or Obama could rationalize someone’s religion as an issue, yet the choice of supporting a couple of racist professors and a Reverend is somehow “different” and acceptable because we wouldn’t want to offend anyone

It probably has never occurred to you that there are probably several millon Mormons who ARE women.But then, I doubt much in the way of thought ever has with you.

DevilsPrinciple on March 12, 2012 at 6:53 AM

With special thanks to el rushbo for the assist. Way to go, dum@$$!

Laura in Maryland on March 12, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Ginned up ? LOL. Oh, that’s right, Obama used the straw man argument regarding “free” contraceptives as a right and you fell for that cheap buy~out.

I bet you think that Sandra Fluke isn’t a slut an incompetent bimbo who’s the poster girl for Nancy Pelosi’s Kaffe Klatsch.

DevilsPrinciple on March 12, 2012 at 6:58 AM

The birth control thing just reminds women that the Republicans have been systematically anti-woman for many years. This is a party that opposed the right of a woman who had been systematically discriminated against — as her employer admitted — for 30 years, to sue for back wages. A party that vilified Hillary before Sarah Palin, the party that opposed the equal rights amendment (I know, ancient history), the party that opposed the health care program, CHIPS, that disproportionately helps single moms raising kids, the party that reaches out to conservative religious groups (and presidential candidates)that believe women should obey their husbands an not work outside the home…

urban elitist on March 12, 2012 at 6:58 AM

cmsinaz on March 12, 2012 at 6:48 AM

ye, blubbery-lipped schmidt on all fours on msnbc, getting a few crumbs for his treachery. wants people to feel sorry for him cause he didn’t deal properly with a “distressed” Palin.
stupid mika isn’t asking him about mccains statement that schmidt lied.

the takeaway point is that for some reason the left still fear her. why? she’s not running, she’s irrelevant…….right?????

or may not. let the vetting continue. Tampa here we come.

renalin on March 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM

if they drink the kool-aid, yepper and I am woman…

cmsinaz on March 12, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Of course the same can be said of kool-aid drinking liberal men. I’m talking about women, in general, having better discernment than that.

swinia sutki on March 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM

You can’t make me believe that women are that stupid and gullible.

swinia sutki on March 12, 2012 at 6:47 AM

You’re right, not all women are that stupid and gullible. Laura in Maryland has proven that she is,however.

DevilsPrinciple on March 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM

so mika must have gotten her daily memo from valerie jarret…

the war on women meme continues strong on morning joe

cmsinaz on March 12, 2012 at 7:08 AM

renalin on March 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM

continues to talk about vetting, nevermind the libs did not vet dear leader AT ALL…
schmidts 15 minutes are definitely over, but msdnc will milk the last few seconds out today…

cmsinaz on March 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM

swinia sutki on March 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM

gotcha

cmsinaz on March 12, 2012 at 7:11 AM

urban elitist on March 12, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Where do you get this fantasy drivel from ? You must be staying up all night dreaming up these fantasy scenarios. If I recall correctly, the GOP had the FIRST woman VP to run in Mrs. Palin and Condaleeza Rice was the FIRST AFRICAN~AMERICAN WOMAN AND SECRETARY OF STATE.

It must really frost your little liberal buttons that the GOP took that away from the “tolerant” left.

And if the best Obama can do is to try to manufacture an issue ( free contraceptives for Law School students) so transparent as to attempt to divide the vote? He needs to keep trying.I doubt many smart women will buy it. But he can always fall back on Thelma (Kathy Sebelius) and Louise (Nancy Pelosi)for more new ideas.
Comedy matters.

DevilsPrinciple on March 12, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Comedy matters.

DevilsPrinciple on March 12, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Your credibility is nil, given that you don’t seem to know that the first woman Vice Presidential candidate was Geraldine Ferraro, and the first woman Secretary of State was Madeline Albright.

urban elitist on March 12, 2012 at 7:24 AM

urban elitist on March 12, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Given that the Democrat Party has embraced the culture of death by supporting abortion, it really surprises me that there is such a thing as female Democrats. Who can have any respect for a woman that would kill her own child?

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Condaleeza Rice was the FIRST AFRICAN~AMERICAN WOMAN AND SECRETARY OF STATE.

DevilsPrinciple on March 12, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Your credibility is nil, given that the first woman Secretary of State was Madeline Albright.

urban elitist on March 12, 2012 at 7:24 AM

And your reading comprehension skills are nil. Unless you think NotSoBright was also black?

angryed on March 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM

So not paying for women’s every wish is now ANTI-WOMAN.

I’m a man. I want a new Ferrari paid for by the govt. What? I can’t have one? Why, oh why does Mr. Obama hate men? For shame sir, for shame!

angryed on March 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Quote of the day:

“Jane, you ignorant slut!”

mountainaires on March 12, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Even if the left succeeds with this anti-woman nonsense, the choice still comes down to this:

1. Obama will give me $10/month free birth control but I will pay $100 a week to fill up my car

2. Evil Republicans will make me pay $10/month for my pills but it will cost me $50/week to fill up my car.

I think I know which option most women will choose.

angryed on March 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM

angryed on March 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I think you are on to something here. Now you only need to arrange a sham Congressional hearing to whine that you and your co-workers don’t have Ferraris which makes you all feel unempowered or something. You could even relate a story about a co-worker who went to the Ferrari dealership but had to walk away in shame when he realized that the government wasn’t going to be paying the bill.

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2012 at 8:06 AM

urban elitist on March 12, 2012 at 7:24 AM

angryed on March 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM

We’re talking women here.

Of course, the fact that, as National Security Adviser, Condi was famously elbowed aside by the white make trio of Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld in the rush to war is relevant to the Republican attitude towards women.

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Women like be trusted to make their own decisions, apparently. Who would have suspected?

urban elitist on March 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM

The Republican War on Women. Is that the same War on Women being led by that “stupid c***” Sarah Palin?

People who are so insufferably stupid and wilfully ignorant they fall for that kind of mindless War on Women crap have no damned business voting. If I was running for a political office, I would be ashamed to be getting votes from brainless jackasses like that.

fadetogray on March 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Who can have any respect for a woman that would kill her own child?

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2012 at 7:52 AM

urban elitist on March 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Susan Smith was just a simple misunderstanding.

There is stupid… and then there is elitist stupid.

viking01 on March 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

FYI, the above is not true; the death of Manadel al Jamadi at Abu Ghraib was ruled a homicide by the US military. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manadel_al-Jamadi

zarathustra on March 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I stand corrected….and thanks for making my point for me. To be consistent, Democrats should file Articles of Impeachment against Barack Obama, right?

Resist We Much on March 12, 2012 at 10:23 AM

The founder of The People’s Cube originally came from the USSR and happily left it. He is a gem.

Somewhere in my files, I saved a speech of his where he describes the Orwellian language and “reasoning” of the communists he left behind. He could school the Leftists in our country over how they are tools so easily manipulated by shallow slogans and double-think.

onlineanalyst on March 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM

If you find it, let me know. I’ll put it up on my blog.

Resist We Much on March 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I’m 34 years old, I have had cancer, arthritis in both knees, I have had epilepsy since I was 13, I recently fracture the ball of my arm bone and dislocated my shoulder, I’ve been laid off twice, and women hate me b/c I have a certain core conviction.

Does God hate me or what?

Dr. Tesla on March 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Oh, and my cholesterol is sky high despite being a former track star and I have stones in my gall bladder and they may have to remove it.

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Dr. Tesla on March 12, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Didn’t your helmet weigh you down on the track, Tes?

Resist We Much on March 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Sorry, but if this is the most important issue of the upcoming election, then we are finished, done, stick a fork in us!!!

mel23059 on March 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

urban elitist on March 12, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Pay attention one more time, Clueless. Rice was an African American Secretary of State. A small detail but nevertheless IMPORTANT ONE THAT YOU MISSED ! Strike ONE. I don’t re-call that either of the ladies you mentioned were African~American. I bet you’re not sure about that either. All of your other comments or retorts were littered with mistakes in fact or otherwise.

Palin was a Vice Presidential candidate, was she not ? Yes, is the correct answer. Your comprehension AND reading skills ARE NON existent with regard to that statement, also. Strike TWO.

Urban elitist

A war to which the Democrat party at the time was TOTALLY complicit.The rest of the country seemed fairly well prepared for that given the blood lust, post 911.But aside from the fact that you attempted, and failed, to marginalize the discussion with innsignificant points, like the one on your head, you STILL have not accomplished anything but making yourself look like a misogynist. It doesn’t make much sense to deny the facts through alternate realities. But then,that seems to be your stock-in-trade.

urban elitist on March 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Well, you for openers. Surely women “making their own decisions” is why women have to depend on the government for permission to abort and ask permission for free contraception ? Yes? Yes. So in reality, women really DON’T make their own decisions. If women really trusted themselves to make the right decision they would have considered the price of their responsibilities before hand and not to be determined OR paid for by others. There is often the complaint that men make decisions for women and lo and behold we find that the vast majority of legal decision are made for women through legislation. Often by men.

Apparently, women depend on men to make the legislation up that they require to make the ” so-called” independent decisions you claim that they do.

If you have any other spectacularly banal or inane statements, I’ll entertain shooting them down as well.

In the meantime. You are dismissed.

DevilsPrinciple on March 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Like most people, I want good health care, and good health care insurance. I guess a lot of women want the sae things. My problem is that they don’t want to pay for it; at least the Dem. women.

dahni on March 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM

dahni on March 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM

And this would be a reasonable desire, too. Affordability is a also a key issue. But, that’s not the governments stated intention with Obamacare.

DevilsPrinciple on March 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM