You might be a redneck if … you back Mitt Romney

posted at 3:05 pm on March 9, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Surely it can’t hurt Mitt Romney’s heretofore nonexistent blue collar appeal to have a member of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour endorse him.

Grammy-award-winning comedian Jeff Foxworthy, known for his popular “You might be a redneck if … ” series, tweeted his support for Romney yesterday.

“Time for Republicans to unite behind Gov. Romney, a great leader who can win the White House and rebuild our economy for all Americans,” the funnyman, known for telling “redneck” jokes, tweeted on Thursday.

Romney’s son Tagg called the nod “very cool” on Twitter, writing, “I am a huge Blue Collar Comedy fan.”

Lately, Romney — who has never exactly been known for his ability to connect with voters — has added to the perception of distance between “the average American” and himself with remarks that betray his blindness to the needs and desires of middle class workers. Michael Gerson calls it Romney’s “Thurston Howell” problem and writes that, unlike Romney’s other problems, it could be hard to correct before or during the general election:

Yet one awkward fit — related to class — becomes more damaging in November. In Ohio, as in Michigan, Romney lost voters making less than $100,000 a year, as well as voters without a college degree. In Oklahoma and Tennessee, Romney’s support was below 25 percent among voters earning less than $50,000 a year.

It is true that Obama also has a serious problem with the white working class. He lost that group by 18 points in the 2008 election. But, since his State of the Union address earlier this year, Obama has been brushing up on his blue-collar populism. And he needs to only marginally improve his performance with these voters to seriously increase his reelection chances.

Romney is stuck in a stereotype. During occasional gaffes, he sounds not just like your boss but like your boss’s boss. The main problem, however, is the message. In addition to talking about reducing taxes and cutting government, Romney needs to present a vision of social mobility and set out the egalitarian appeal of opportunity. He needs to emphasize policies — on education, job skills and wealth accumulation — that encourage aspiration. But this appeal is postponed as long as the contest for conservatives in the Republican primaries continues.

Unlike his other challenges, Romney’s class problem does not fade: It must be fixed. And it is difficult to even begin until the Republican race ends.

When it comes to disarming voters, humor never hurts. Romney might want to think seriously about leveraging Foxworthy’s talent. So Newt Gingrich has Chuck Norris … Romney has the nation’s favorite redneck.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Yeah, I can see as a conservative how you could NOT like those conservative ideas above all while in a state that has a 85% DEMOCRAT Legislature.

g2825m on March 9, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Take you appeal to authority and stuff it so far up your ass that your eyes explode out of your skull on twin fountains of blood. I don’t care is Reagan’s godd*mned zombie wrote Romneycare in the blood of Thomas Jefferson on a scroll hewn from the dried skin off Samual Adam’s backside, on a quill made from Lincolin’s finger-bone.

It was Statist crap then, and it’s Statist crap now, and even worse, it prevents Willard Fillmoure Romneycare from atacking Obama’s chief weakness.

And beyond your list of talking points, I tend to look at judicial appointments, overall spending, and his HORRIBLE HORRIBLE RECORD OF STRIPPING THE GOD-GRANTED GUN RIGHTS FROM THE CITIZENS OF HIS STATE.

The 2nd amendment is the teeth behind the entire rest of the document. The performance of this “big game” gopher hunter in that area is worse than Obama.

And this is not evne touching Willard’s throaty support of global warming, a scam that you are either stupid or evil to be involved with.

Note, that the above are not mutually exclusive categories.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM

maineconservative on March 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Thank You for that. a real LOL !
That would even cheer up any angry man.

FlaMurph on March 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Someone needs to tell Jerry Lewis to stop wasting his time with the telethon every year. Ann Romney has discovered the cure. You just need $300M in the bank and a few horses and BAM, MS is history.

angryed on March 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Geez, you’re a putz.

1. Married into money
2. Popped out 5 kids
3. ?????

angryed on March 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM

How many kids have you “popped out”? You’d cry like a baby…

Lightswitch on March 9, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Silverdeth is a Marxist Obama Loving Troll. Conservative my foot.
He and angryed might be one and the same.

Buttercup on March 9, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Conservative.

Drone?

Never.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Reagan would be considered a moderate at best if he were to run today. angryed and silverdeth would be railing against him with irrational hate to give Jimmah Carter a second term under the guise of true conservatism. They’re liberals, call them out for what they are. Anybody who justifies giving the Marxist in Chief a second term is no Conservative.

Buttercup on March 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I am assuming Angryed and SilverDeath are writing what their definition of an average Republican means to them. If they are not, they are the biggest trolls I have ever met in my life. Personal attacks on Romney’s wife and spouting crap about anyone disagree with them are RINOs. I know I am going to win this argument is there is no such thing an average Republican. The Republican party is a coalition party with a set of issues that everyone mostly agrees on. They should be banned for trolling and personal attacks on candidate’s wife. They are talking crazy talk, because at the end of the day they will not vote for the Republican candidate. That is no member of the Republican base that I know. Someone quoted Breitbart earlier and that was probably the best response. Should have just left it at that, but I am tired of seeing all their crappy logic all over these post. They do not add anything to the conversation and ignore facts when presented.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM

mark81150 on March 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM

You know we were going through the same thing at almost the same time? Wow. Thanks for that. Mine passed at 58. God sent me Mr. PPF-I mean what are the chances that a new grad flies over to PR to start a career where he could’ve gone to any other state?

ProudPalinFan on March 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM

g2825m on March 9, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I’m so sorry.. my mother died in 95 three days short of her 60th birthday, without ever seeing her grandchildren be born.

I’m truly sorry.

ProudPalinFan on March 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Breast cancer took my mother too,.. it’s one of the worst ways to die I could imagine. Her last hours still haunt my dreams, she screamed, screamed for over 8 hours on a morphine drip, because of the pain, before she lapsed into a coma that she never awoke from..

Family should never be the thing we beat each other with..

The one thing we all share, who ever we vote for, can we at least agree not to be that callous and uncaring…

I’m so sorry..

mark81150 on March 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Mark, thanks my friend! Yeah, I had to get the old Red Cross message in Iraq and come home on Emergency Leave in 2008…now my sister has it as well at the age of 30ish…

Angryed is just a wingnut that does not deserve any more of my responses.

Sorry to hear about your mom as well…it is not “enjoyable” to watch those we love suffer but I guess angryed has no issues with it.

He**, I am here in Afghanistan and even killing TB and seeing them suffer and “enjoying” it (I do not) is not a healthy behavior to have…

g2825m on March 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Mandatory.
maineconservative on March 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Judging from their attire, Tagg might have been in that audience. Blue collar humor is indeed popular among white collar folks.

Buy Danish on March 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I know I am going to win this argument that is why I am hounding you fringe voters. Tell me what your definition of a regular republican is! I am tired of your blatantly mindless post that are absent of logic. You are a fringe voter. Reagan did not win, because of people like you. He won, because he was a big tent guy. Quit deflecting and answer the dang question.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM

You didn’t ask me that question toolshed. And I never used the term “regular republican.”

Jerk.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Drone?

Never.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Of course not, Drone would be an upgrade from TOOL.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM

You are a wingnut as well! Romney was PRAISED by the NRA in MA as he EASED gun rights in the state of MA!!! The SPIN that he somehow made them more difficult is a lie and even the NRA Group G.O.A.L. stated it was as well a victory for the state of MA.

Romney never made any type of “throaty” endorsement of GW. He surmised whether or not man contributed to it BUT he stated he was not going to spend trillions of dollars trying to figure it out.

If you are talking Gingrich then you are on to something there…

g2825m on March 9, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Sobering thought for trucons: over 3 million republicans have voted for Romney, more than all other candidates. Guess the base of the party is a bunch of evil, progressive RINOs intent on undermining “God’s will” By not nominating sweater vest. Factor in operation chaos dems and union votes and his vote total is even less.

1984 in real life on March 9, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Jerk.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Still no answer. You won’t admit that Reagan won, because of his open tent philosophy. Anyone who does not vote Republican against a liberal like Obama is not part of the base. I just want to clear that up. No point in denying it. I am being aggressive with you, because your arguments have ignored reality and have been absent of facts.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I’m guessing angryed is just a koz kid trolling. I don’t like Obamneycare any more than he claims not to, but attacking the candidate’s family is a straight up liberal tactic (see Wasilla, Alaska).

sauldalinsky on March 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Same goes for supporting a guy that defends vigourously the idea that an individual mandate is A-OK as long as a state does it and not the Feds. It’s a bad idea period.

Bitter Clinger on March 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM

It turns out Willard the Lying Filthbag begged Oliar for a FedGov mandate in 2009, so the whole “Federalist” argument was a sub-Goebbelsian lie calculated to insult the Tea Party and limited government supporters.

ebrown2 on March 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Actually Romney is carrying the urban areas, the ones sure to be won by Obama in November.

munseym on March 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I refuse to argue a position that I am not taking. Again, I never used the term “average republican” and I draw a clear distinction between conservative and “republican party apparatchik.”

I do like how you rombots – in a sort of parady of your candidate – prefer to assail your opponents rather than extoll the virtues of your candidate.

Given the lack of substantive support for the candidate, why you’d think Romney was a Gun-Grabbing, Socialized Healthcare promoting, Big Spender, who appointed scores of leftist judges and was a full throated supporter of the Global Warming fraud…

The real question… why is this guy is not trying to primary Obama?

Demanding unthinking support from drones, taking a liberal view in all positions of merit, Willard Fillmoure Romneycare and the democrat party are made for one another.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM

No, he won because Carter was such a loser. Moderate filth-bags voted for Anderson that year. Did you forget that in your little lie-loving apologia for gutless moral cowardice?

ebrown2 on March 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Romney has voted against everything I hold dearest

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I’m curious how he’s been able to do that when he hasn’t been in a political position that would allow him to “vote”. You’re also setting up a perception where Romney unequivocally ruled Massachusetts like a king. Surprisingly, there were two other arms of the government and the will of the people he had to consider while governing.

You don’t get a pass on leading a useless life just because you get sick.

angryed on March 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM

“Useless life” is a bit inaccurate considering she’s been involved in various charities and has raised 5 successful sons. Is being a stay at home mom now anti-conservative too? Heh, your hatred is palpable and your willingness to continually set up irrelevant strawmen to try to take down Romney is mildly pathetic, it’s quite hilarious.

Kriggly on March 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I’m not attacking Willard’s kids for their wealth. I’m stating that it is inconceivable that his kids would be fans of Foxworthy. It’s as likely as an inner city black kid being a fan of Tim McGraw.

Come on, let’s be real here.

angryed on March 9, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Yep. Inconceivable.

JJBean on March 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Add another to the trucon, but not Republican list.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 3:58 PM

This trucon lived in USSR in its peak days, refused to sign up for Komsomol at age of 13 (look it up, you are the “educated average American”) even when “prompted” sternly and repeatedly and refused to accept communist party doctrine, from the very young age.

I have absolutely no respect, NONE, for any spineless, non-principled a-hole trying to teach me about freedom and what it takes to attain it. You. And Romney. And Rove/Coulter/Rubio cabal. All RINOs, by any definition. I’ve had more than enough of you idiots and your “choice” in 2008, no more. No reason to replace one progressive liberal with another.

There is no way in hell I will ever vote for a liberal and this covers Romney and his fake “conservatism”. Only an out and out MORONS believe Romney is a conservative.

riddick on March 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

g2825m on March 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM

(grin)……

Thanks for that response, whatever the outcome in the next few weeks, Romney will win, I understand that, even if I wish it were someone else. But a combination of facters is playing in,.. making the good, rather than the perfect our only viable option..

Reagan was my president, I elisted in Carter’s last months, and saw the change up front and felt the shift to Americans feeling proud again..

I don’t know if Romney will have that effect,.. but reading your response,. I can’t find it in me to be angry about politics when you are where I wish I was young enough to be, Iran was my enemy then too.. that hasn’t changed, even if the Soviets went buh bye because of my generations ground work..

You’re doing better, and I’m proud of you, all of you working for us, our safety,..

When we all vote in the fall, I’ll stand with my friends, and I hope you let me think of you that way too…

Stay safe,.. and come home to us when you’re through, we need you.

mark81150 on March 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Of course not, Drone would be an upgrade from TOOL.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM

…they call me Stanley… you know… as in “the power drill…”

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Bitter Clinger on March 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM

ebrown2 on March 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Uhhhh….the bill was passed when Romney was a Governor before he left in 2007. The TP was not even around. Also the MA Healthcare law was NOT even an issue last POTUS election for the majority of us 10th Amendment believers.

Let me ask all you Romney haters? How has MA Healthcare law affected you personally the last 4 and 1/2 years it has been implemented? It has not. Even people in MA who carry THEIR OWN Insurance have said on here that it has not affected THEIR plans one iota. Why? Because it is for 8% of the population and they can choose from NINE PRIVATE plans.

g2825m on March 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM

…they call me Stanley… you know… as in “the power drill…”

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM

More like “Broken Bit”

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I just disputed what you REPEATED again…that is why when people are presented with facts and yet CONTINUE to argue those same points it is time to move on.

g2825m on March 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM

And yet, apparently, there have been plenty of “average Americans” who have already voted for him in the primaries so far. And plenty more just waiting for their primary to occur so that they can vote for him, too. How do you explain that? Pretending that “average Americans” don’t support Romney is insulting to “average Americans.”

cicerone on March 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM

g2825m on March 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM

You don’t pay ANY attention, do you?

ebrown2 on March 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Please don’t ask me to support Romney in 2012, I don’t participate in NWO propaganda

apocalypse on March 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Your entire f*&^#d up diatribe is based on an argument I never made. Are you brain damaged, or do you simply suffer from down syndrome?

Some clown above said a bunch of sh*^ about what they “think” I thought of Reagan, and you have rolled that into your demands that I define what a “regular republican” is, which is not a phrase I uttered.

So you are wanting me to defend a two things I never said? F*&^ you. So which is it – reading comprehension problems, or are you just a disingenuous jackhole that throws around so many strawmen that he can’t even keep it strait who he’s arguing with?

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Please don’t ask me to support Romney in 2012, I don’t participate in

NWO propaganda

apocalypse on March 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Ron Paul Supporter….

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Stay safe,.. and come home to us when you’re through, we need you.

mark81150 on March 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Thanks, Mark. I recall that you had served as well. I am an “older” sailor as well and voted during Reagan’s years as well.

Thanks for your support and let’s hope that 99% of ALL the posters here are supporting the “R” candidate come November.

Good nite all it is late here in the Hindu Kush!

g2825m on March 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Tell me what your definition of a regular republican is!

Um, the three-legged stool of conservatism ring a bell?? Since you seem to be unfamiliar with conservatism, everything the opposite of Governor Romney (and closer to Candidate Romney). Someone who supports liberty, free markets, small government, lower taxes, outlawing abortion.

Not someone who’s main accomplishments are socialized medicine and begging the federal govt. for handouts.

sauldalinsky on March 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM

…begging the federal govt. for handouts.

sauldalinsky on March 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Funny, I thought that was part of the job of a governor, get the money to the state…. Sure worked for the Forthy Papist.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 9, 2012 at 5:06 PM

mark81150 on March 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM

ProudPalinFan on March 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I started my family late, and the year after my mother died, my developmentally handicapped brothers were safely moved into a group home. I met my wife, the one I had waited my life to meet, she was 21, I was 37,.. first and only marriage, 16 years in June. I love her as much now, as the day I bended knee and offered her my ring, my name.

Love finds it’s way,..

and I sometimes see my mother in my daughter’s eye’s, my son’s..

They are why we carry on, when it’s hard, and giving up would be so easy, but for the ones you care about and who depend on you.

Thanks,.. I needed good news right now, I had an epideral this morning, and it.. it’s uncomfortable,.. and I needed to smile.. it’s better now the kids are home from school..

mark81150 on March 9, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Find common ground with pro-gun & anti-gun groups
Q: You signed the nation’s first ban on assault weapons in Massachusetts and steeply increased fees on gun owners by 400%. How can you convince gun owners that you will be an advocate for them?

ROMNEY: We had a piece of legislation that was crafted both by the pro-gun lobby and the anti-gun lobby. The pro-gun lobby said “this legislation allows us to cross roads with weapons when we’re hunting that had not been previously allowed.” And the day when we announced our signing, we had both the pro-gun owners and anti-gun folks all together on the stage because it worked. We worked together. We found common ground. My view is that we have the second amendment right to bear arms and my view is also that we should not add new legislation. I know that there are people that think we need new laws. I disagree with that. I believe we have in place all the laws we need. We should enforce those laws. I do not believe in new laws restricting gun ownership and gun use.
Source: Fox News debate on MLK Day in Myrtle Beach, SC , Jan 16, 2012

2008: “Lifelong” devotion to hunting meant “small varmints”
Romney’s efforts to get right with the right landed him in trouble. Running against Ted Kennedy for the Senate in 1994, he declared, “I don’t line up with the NRA” on gun control. By 2008, Romney had reversed himself on his [and other issues], which quickly gave rise to charges of hypocrisy and opportunism. A YouTube video began making the rounds that captured him firmly stating his liberalish social views, comically juxtaposing them with his newly adopted arch-conservative stances. From then on, th flip-flopper label was firmly affixed to Mitt’s forehead.

Oh, and also the one about this “lifelong” devotion to hunting, which turned out to mean he’d done it twice. “I’m not a big-game hunter,” Romney said, then explained that his preferred prey were rodents, rabbits, and such–”small varmints, if you will.”

He couldn’t fathom why the caricature of him was sticking. When Romney’s staff showed him the devastating YouTube video, his first reaction was ,”Boy, look how young I was back then.”
Source: Game Change, by Heilemann & Halpern, p.293-295 , Jan 11, 2010

2002: My positions won’t make me the hero of the NRA
Mitt Romney. When he ran for the Senate and for governor, he supported a ban on assault rifles and the Brady Bill’s five-day waiting period for gun purchases. He proudly said those positions wouldn’t make him “the hero of the NRA.” As governor, he made Massachusetts the first state to permanently ban assault weapons. He has even flip-flopped about whether he owns any guns. In New Hampshire, he was asked his view on the Second Amendment. He responded that he had been a hunter “pretty much all my life.” Later, red-faced aides of Romney had to admit that Romney had never had a hunting license, and under further questioning, Romney acknowledged that his “lifetime of hunting” was having shot at some birds during a Republican governors meeting during a fund-raising event and maybe shooting at “small varmints” when he was seventeen with his cousin.
Source: Do The Right Thing, by Mike Huckabee, p. 17-18 , Nov 18, 2008

GovWatch: 1994: did not “line up with the NRA”
Top Romney Flip Flops: #3. Gun Control:

Campaigning for the Senate in 1994, Romney said he favored strong gun laws and did not “line up with the NRA.” He signed up for “lifetime membership” of the NRA in August 2006 while pondering a presidential run, praising the group for “doing good things” and “supporting the right to bear arms.”
Source: GovWatch on 2008 campaign: “Top Ten Flip-Flops” , Feb 5, 2008

Support the 2nd Amendment AND the assault weapon ban
I do support the Second Amendment. I would have signed the assault weapon ban that came to his desk. I said I would have supported that and signed a similar bill in our state. It was a bill worked out, by the way, between pro-gun lobby and anti-gun lobby individuals. Both sides of the issue came together and found a way to provide relaxation in licensing requirements and allow more people to–to have guns for their own legal purposes. So we signed that in Massachusetts, and I’d support that at the federal level. It did not pass at the federal level. I do not believe we need new legislation. I do not support any new legislation of an assault weapon ban nature, including that against semiautomatic weapons. We have laws in place that, if they’re implemented & enforced, will provide the protection and the safety of the American people. I do support the right of individuals to bear arms, whether for hunting purposes or for protection purposes or any other reasons. That’s the right that people have
Source: 2008 GOP debate in Boca Raton Florida , Jan 24, 2008

I support the work of the NRA, but disagree sometimes
We should check on the backgrounds of people who are trying to purchase guns. We also should keep weapons of unusual lethality from being on the street. And finally, we should go after people who use guns in the commission of crimes or illegally, but we should not interfere with the right of law-abiding citizens to own guns, for their own personal protection or hunting or any other lawful purpose. I support the work of the NRA. I’m a member of the NRA. But do we line up on every issue? No, we don’t.
Source: Meet the Press: 2007 “Meet the Candidates” series , Dec 16, 2007

Ok to ban lethal weapons that threaten police
Q: Are you still for the Brady Bill?

A: The Brady Bill has changed over time, and, of course, technology has changed over time. I would have supported the original assault weapon ban. I signed an assault weapon ban as Massachusetts governor because it provided for a relaxation of licensing requirements for gun owners in Massachusetts, which was a big plus. And so both the pro-gun and the anti-gun lobby came together with a bill, and I signed that. And if there is determined to be, from time to time, a weapon of such lethality that it poses a grave risk to our law enforcement personnel, that’s something I would consider signing. There’s nothing of that nature that’s being proposed today in Washington. But I would look at weapons that pose extraordinary lethality.
Source: Meet the Press: 2007 “Meet the Candidates” series , Dec 16, 2007

Compromise MA gun bills were net gain for gun owner
During Romney’s term he signed several pieces of firearms regulation. A look at that regulation does not reveal an anti-gun Romney. Those bills are characterized as “net gains” for gun owners in a state where opinioned is weighed against them.

During his tenure, Gov. Romney was credited with several improvements to state laws, including protections for shooting clubs, restoration of the Inland Fish and Game Fund, and requirements that all new hunters pass a hunter safety course. He is also credited with relaxing manufacturing testing for some models of pistols.

In 2004, Gov. Romney signed a firearms reform bill that made permanent the ban on assault weapons as well as clarified and insured other rights and responsibilities for gun owners. It was a hard-fought compromise between interest groups on both sides of the issue. The NRA Gun Owners’ Action League, law enforcement, and Massachusetts gun owners endorsed the bill.
Source: The Man, His Values, & His Vision, p. 72-73 , Aug 31, 2007

Supports Second Amendment rights but also assault weapon ban
Q: As governor you signed into law one of the toughest restrictions on assault weapons in the country.

A: Let’s get the record straight. First of all, there’s no question that I support 2nd Amendment rights, but I also support an assault weapon ban. Look, I’ve been governor in a pretty tough state. You’ve heard of blue states. In the toughest of blue states, I made the toughest decisions and did what was right for America. I have conservative values.
Source: 2007 Republican Debate in South Carolina , May 15, 2007

Will support assault weapons bill and Brady Bill
The candidate reiterated his support for an assault weapons ban contained in Congress’ crime bill, and the Brady law which imposes a five-day waiting period on handgun purchases. ‘I don’t think (the waiting period) will have a massive effect on crime but I think it will have a positive effect,’ Romney said.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM

There is no way in hell I will ever vote for a liberal and this covers Romney and his fake “conservatism”. Only an out and out MORON believe Romney is a conservative.

Yes, and there barely enough morons in the GOP to fund Willard’s sublimely expensive campaign where he outspends his rivals by orders of magnitude only to become the first frontrunner ever with no clear path to victory: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/07/no-clear-path-to-victory-for-romney.html

I’m not saying that Romney is a idiot. I’m just saying that all the data support that conclusion. If he had any genuine business sense he’d cut his massive losses and slouch quietly for the exit.

casuist on March 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM

You disputed s*&^

His gun bans were disastrous.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Ann turned to riding horses to alleviate the pain, and friends say it has helped tremendously. Today, she displays no symptoms of the disease that she was once nearly crippled by.Because of this, after the 2008 campaign, whenever close aides were asked whether Romney would run for president again, the answer was usually the same: “If Ann is healthy.”

Brat on March 9, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Wait, the article claims that MS can treated by horse riding. And you buy that? And Whitman as well? HP is in deep shyte now.

I’d love to see another MS victim climb on a horse and ride.

riddick on March 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM

riddick on March 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I have a favorite saying that I can’t post on HotAir.

But I will prove you wrong really, really quickly. A vote against Romney in the general is a vote for Obama. You just voted for the most liberal president we ever have had with the possible exception of Carter. Congratulations on your support of Obama. I for one do not care for Obama. I prefer Pawlenty until he dropped out. Supported Perry until her couldn’t talk. Hell I even gave Cain the benefit of the doubt. I am backing Romney, because he will win the general election and his positions are closest to mine. Me and Newt don’t share as much as me and Romney. Me and Santorum don’t share anything considering he is not a fiscal conservative other than maybe our Pro-Life stance, but he can’t even argue that correctly.

Not voting for the Republican nominee in November is a vote for Obama. It is a vote for making the Supreme Court more liberal than it is now. If it is Romney, you will support him or Obama. Quit lying to yourself. You can’t not vote and then say you didn’t vote for Obama. You have two choices Obama or Romney, if you don’t pick then you are voting for Obama.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM

casuist on March 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Don’t point out delegate numbers to me and refrence some crap article. If you want to talk numbers, lets talk numbers.
Read the article and get back to me. Don’t post some crap analysis from some blogger. Post a real analysis that is numbers driven.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM

A vote against Romney in the general is a vote for Obama.

No, its called standing up for your principles. A person who does not stand up for the beliefs is a coward. Once upon a time, in better days, better men would die before surrendering their beliefs, or compromising them.

Those men where just the founders of the nation of course. Extremists all.

And God Bless them.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM

casuist on March 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM

yeah, the guy LEADING the Republican primaries that the MAJORITY of people have voted FOR should get out.

Whatever “data” you are looking at I suggest getting off of DailyKos or HuffPo ASAP.

Where does this “logic” come from? Are these truly Republicans making these comments?

Okay, good nite again.

g2825m on March 9, 2012 at 5:14 PM

casuist on March 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Name Whitman ring a bell for anyone? RINOs have really short memories, not only of McCain disaster (yep, that same RINO establishment made the choice for us back in 2008), but a more recent disaster in 2010. She burned through more than $100Mil of her own cash on top of donations. As my wife pointed out, she should have created a nice business with that much cash and created LONG TERM JOBS somewhere. But hey, Rove and Co. and his f***en white board ensured Herr Braun’s victory in CA, same way they are now ensuring Hussein’s.

Pathetic how brainwashed “educated average American” truly is.

riddick on March 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 9, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Oh so you’re against earmarks?

PS. Using disgusting liberal talking points, that’s sure to change everyone’s mind…

sauldalinsky on March 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Nice… calling other people’s data “crap articles” and countering with New York Times links.

Pretty nicely summarizes you.

Establishment w*nker.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:16 PM

angryed on March 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM

WOW! JUST WOW!!! I have read a lot of disgusting things on this site, but you have really overdone it on this thread.

Barred on March 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Those men where just the founders of the nation of course. Extremists all.

And God Bless them.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM

You are wrong. It is either Romney or Obama. Your statement is completely irrelevant. How are you going to fight? I would suggest fighting at the local level to get more conservatives elected. Meanwhile, when you are building up your base of support right now, I would suggest voting for Romney. Ann Coulter realizes changes is not immediate and that is why she is backing Romney. Want conservatism, advocate at the local level and at the Presidential level vote for the more conservative of the party candidates in the general or you will lose any progress you had.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:19 PM

You Might be a MORON, if you support RINO Romney!?!

Colatteral Damage on March 9, 2012 at 5:20 PM

When Romney wins alabama and mississippi next week I guess we can say to Gingrich and Santorum… Here’s your sign… IT’S OVER!

BobScuba on March 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Pretty much applies to the entire nation. Romney gets the nomination?

IT’S OVER.

LegendHasIt on March 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM

…and no one is thinking, Legend, no one.

Schadenfreude on March 9, 2012 at 5:20 PM

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM

You are more brain washed than I suspected. Care to point us to Romney’s judge selections in MA? How many CONSERVATIVES?

Why would anyone with even half a brain want an orange when we already have an orange? Its still an orange last time I checked. And I want an apple.

riddick on March 9, 2012 at 5:20 PM

You are wrong. It is either Romney or Obama.

Only small children and simpletons believe in a black and white universe…

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Same Coulter that SHAGGED Bill Maher? That Coulter? Do I even have to explain this to you?

riddick on March 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Pretty nicely summarizes you.

Establishment w*nker.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I linked to an actual pollster. You linked to some crap opinions with no data backing them up. Read the article and you will see how hopeless Santorum’s chances are. Now that we are past that. Who do you choose Obama or Romney? Those are the only choices that you get and they mean a great deal to deciding whether the court stay conservative or turns liberal.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM

You might be a RINO if you:

-Forswear the “Era of Reagan/Bush”
-Claim not to want to restrict the relentless pursuit of abortions
-Pen the first draft of a punitive government-mandated health plan
-Believe in upping the minimum wage
-Scheme to rape the people via a cap and trade plan.
-Jack up fines and fees and claim they’re not tax increases
-Hid the fact that your name is Willard with an even dumber name.

Western_Civ on March 9, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Only small children and simpletons believe in a black and white universe…

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Lolololol hahahahaha. That is too funny. Calling me a child when you only have two options on the ballot in the general. The democrat candidate or the republican candidate. The republican candidate in all likely hood will be Romney. Now what hole do you punch in? Because I bet you a million gazillion dollars that come November, the winner will be Romney or Obama.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Has Mitt given his

“I’m in no ways tirrred” speech yet??

“I’ve come to faaarr”

ToddPA on March 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Okay, THAT was funny.

Just Sayin on March 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Same Coulter that SHAGGED Bill Maher? That Coulter?
riddick on March 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Given the latency period, this could explain the recently syphillitic reasoning of dame Coulter.

Western_Civ on March 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Western_Civ on March 9, 2012 at 5:24 PM

What RINO stopped the healthcare mandate? Scott Brown.
What conservative made MA a little less liberal? Mitt Romney.
What republican made PA a little more liberal? Santorum.

Please just keep spouting facts. You get two choices Romney or Obama. Who do you choose? Read:http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/09/how-daunting-is-santorums-delegate-math/
Then talk to me about Santorum pulling the upset in California and Illinois when he is barely tying Romney in Alabama and Mississippi.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM

BobScuba on March 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Mitt doesn’t even have to win it, just rack up more delegates to add to his undefeatable lead in delegates and popular vote…..that’s the beauty of Mitt’s lead right now.

And the larger his lead gets watch for heads to explode and more pure vile Romney-hatred to erupt on Hot Air. That’s all this site has become…..an anger & indignant Romney hating site.

sheryl on March 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM

-Hid the fact that your name is Willard with an even dumber name.

Western_Civ on March 9, 2012 at 5:24 PM

And your Ok with Newt- ? and isn’t Rick’s real name Richard ?
Mitt has personally saved peoples lives. He is a real life hero.

FlaMurph on March 9, 2012 at 5:31 PM

…Read the article and you will see how hopeless Santorum’s chances are. Now that we are past that. Who do you choose Obama or Romney? Those are the only choices that you get and they mean a great deal to deciding whether the court stay conservative or turns liberal.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I am not carrying Lil’Rick’s water. Anybody but Romney does not mean “Sweatervest is t3h b3$+!11.”

I don’t see a significant difference between King Barry and Willard. They are both horrible on guns, judges, the environment, and spending. And I honestly believe Willard is a f*&^%$g liar on repealing Obamacare.

So he [Romney] better for conservative businesses – but hey, ObaMao has been pretty good to his Luddite green industry… just see General Electric… I call that a wash…

And telling me there are only 2 choices? This may be a fictional metal box that you have roped yourself into. I have placed no such made up restrictions on myself. In fact, the only “restriction” I have, is that I won’t vote for Rue Paul and Willard Fillmoure Romneycare.

I could vote for someone not on the ballot – there is a place to write that in you know. I could vote for some of the tertiary people that always manage to find their way onto the ballots. I could leave it blank. I could draw my own little circle, and write “Lizardman” next to it. I even have the freedom to leave the box entirely blank.

I MUST pick between Obama and Romney?

Hardly.

I have all the options in the world.

I “must” do jack s*&^.

My allegiance is earned. And I firmly believe that there are enough people of that same mindset to ip the election.

But hey, don’t worry about people like me, we are “irrelevant, extremist outliers” – right?? We don’t matter and can’t sway anyone to our way of thinking, so just happily ignore us irrelevant conservatives, and go about your whitewashing of Willard’s horrific record. Pay no attention.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Mitt has personally saved peoples lives. He is a real life hero.

FlaMurph on March 9, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Juan McAmnesty is a genuine hero, made a lousy Presidential candidate.

Didn’t Mitt also personally kill someone in a car accident and use his family connections to escape any consequences just like Ted Kennedy?

sauldalinsky on March 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Again, you have boxed yourself into this narrow position. I do not subscribe to your false dichotomy of me only 2 choices.

I can vote for nobody.
I can vote for Woody Woodpecker.
I can vote for both.
I can write in a candidate on that little line across the bottom.

My only “little fictional rule” is that I will never vote for Willard Fillmoure Romneycare. Beyond that my options are limited only by my imagination.

You brought the troll to the dance, not me, so you can be the one to square dance with the 230lb zit covered yeti.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:40 PM

What conservative made MA a little less liberal? Mitt Romney.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM

If this is conservatism no one sane would want anything to do with it.

Romney favored “Assault” Weapons Ban
Romney Favors Waiting Periods to Buy Handguns
Romney raised taxes on business by a total of $309 million
Romney increased taxes on business property
Romney joined a coalition lobbying congress to tax internet activity
Romney refused to support the Bush tax cuts while governor
Romney refused to sign the No New Taxes pledge when campaigning for Governor
Romney Balanced Budget with $500 Million in New Fees
Romney imposed “socialized” health care on Massachusetts
Romney supported abortion in general, and believes in sustaining Roe v. Wade.
Romney campaigned for Governor of Massachusetts as a pro-choice candidate, and was endorsed by a pro-abortion political group
Romney Approves of the Abortion Pill and Supports the Legalization of RU-486
Romney has a long history of promoting and furthering the homosexual agenda, and working closely with leading gay activists
Romney barred Boy Scouts from public participation in 2002 Olympics because of their Ban on Homosexual Scoutmasters
Romney unnecessarily (and unconstitutionally) implemented homosexual marriages in Massachusetts
Romney supported Racial preferences
Romney believes in the hoax of anthropogenic global warming
Romney supported the unconstitutional and wasteful “porkulus” spending
Romney supported the unconstitutional bailouts of bad business
Romney supported the assault weapons ban and Brady Bill
Romney believes illegal aliens should be rewarded with citizenship after violating our borders and breaking our laws

Romney said, “I support” (present tense) “the subsidy of ethanol.”

By Romney’s last year in office, Massachusetts was ranked by the Public Policy Institute of New York on its Cost of Doing Business Index, as the 4th most expensive state in which to do business in.

Manufacturing employment fell 7 percent nationwide those years, but sank 14 percent under Romney, placing Massachusetts 48th among the states.

“During the four years Mitt Romney was governor of Massachusetts, it had the second worst jobs record of any state in America…it wasn’t a regional issue. The rest of New England created nearly 200,000 jobs.”

Look, I was an Independent during the time of Reagan/Bush. I am not trying to return to Reagan/Bush.

Hillary Clinton Is Very Much Right, It Does Take A Village, And We Are A Village And We Need To Work Together In A Non-Skeptical, Non-Finger-Pointing Way…”

Senator Kennedy, together we pitched the secretary, on our vision to insure all our citizens. And on the need for federal support, to make the vision real. His work in Washington, and behind the scenes on Beacon Hill, was absolutely essential.”

It is now my pleasure to introduce my collaborator and friend Senator Edward Kennedy.”

“I’m not convinced that a state would be better off with all Republicans. As a matter of fact, I’ve been in a state like that for the last three years. It’s not a good thing.”

sharrukin on March 9, 2012 at 5:40 PM

sheryl on March 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM

The rombots give as good as they get.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Forgot to add I won’t vote for Crazy “Iranians-r-ur-friend” guy.

Bu that’s a given.

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:44 PM

casuist on March 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM

you ABRs are going off the freaking deep end here. You NEED to make the case for why your guy is a BETTER candidate than the Rominator and let the votes fall where they may.

Stop acting like whiny liberals who think life isn’t fair.
THIS IS AN ELECTION- not a persecution.

FlaMurph on March 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 9, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Nothing like bigotry to convince undecided voters.

Lightswitch on March 9, 2012 at 5:51 PM

THIS IS AN ELECTION- not a persecution.

FlaMurph on March 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Funny that wasn’t the impression I got listening to Mitt Romney’s 12 to 1 attack ads on radio and television over the past several months…

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM

angryed on March 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Hey jerkoff, Ann Romney has MS an abbreviation for Multiple Sclerosis a chronic incurable painful disease that slowly robs you of life.

Jerry Lewis has an annual telethon for MDA that’s the Muscular Dystrophy Association that fights Muscular Dystrophy a degenerative muscle disease several strains of which are commonly found in children. Again it is chronic and painful and slowly kills the patient by (eventually) causing the lungs and heart to cease all function.

I would think that mocking either of them would be above most commenters but obviously I was wrong.

SgtSVJones on March 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Ann Romney also had Breast Cancer. Keep it classy, angryed…

Buy Danish on March 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Juan McAmnesty is a genuine hero, made a lousy Presidential candidate.

sauldalinsky on March 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Ahh… another ABR OWS Alinskyite…..
For your information…

A 21yr old Mitt Romney survived a head on crash from a probable drunk driver that was NOT his fault – and the reason he is alive today was probably a result of divine intervention. That incident is probably the source of his desire to save people from peril, when he can.
You remind me of the trash that also went after smearing a young Laura Bush. Your worse than a Libtard. (A nod to Breitbart)

FlaMurph on March 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

SilverDeth on March 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM

STOP your whining ! Obama will be 20 to 1 against the R in November– and if you think Mittens is tough now… whoa – you aint seen nothing yet.

FlaMurph on March 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Here’s the thing………if I had my way Gingrich would be our nominee, but it looks like he isn’t going to be.

The reason I prefaced with that is this simple request will you STOP with the personal attacks on Romney and his family.

-His faith
-His wife and her ailments
-His near fatal car accident
-His children

etc etc.

You want to attack his RECORD fine by me (I’ll even pile on) but stay the devil away from his personal life.

For the record
Romney’s car accident:

Romney’s time at Bain Capital helping locate missing teen:

Romney’s lifesaving on a summer lake:

SgtSVJones on March 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Lord,…

I’m done being angry,… there’s no room left in me for that. I was reminded a short while back in this thread, that people who voted for Romney love this country just as much as any of us do.. just a brief exchange, a new friend, two new friends.. all with differing opinions, but all passionately in love with this country, in one case, currently fighting for it.

The process is what it is, but we need to dial it back and stop being vicious to each other and walking away to fracture the party even more. I wish there were somebody else, but there isn’t, and taking your ball and going home, is not an adult response.

I was reminded, there are very good folks on all these sides, and we will have to come together in the fall, so making blood enemies seems pretty foolish. I will vote for the nominee, because frankly, party;s do not learn lessons, people do. And saying your vote will teach the Rino’s… come on,… please , you know better,..

factions vie for control, but we’re all decent Americans here, and I refuse to insult another one of them.

We have to pull together,..

There is no other viable option, but to rally.. and it’s not as hard to do, when you see they’re the same as us, desperately trying to save our country from those who would destroy the America we all know and love.

we aren’t enemies here.. and Romney voters are as worthy as any of us to voice their views.. I remembered that, I hope I never forget it again… we can do this, but we need to let go the team insanity and remember the bigger picture.

mark81150 on March 9, 2012 at 6:16 PM

It is over and you will vote for Romney when he picks a conservative VP. Same thing you did in 2008.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I wouldn’t bet too much on that, buddy. There’s a bunch of us out here who will not pull the lever for a flip-flopping, Romneycare mandate loving, lying, dirty politician like Romney. I can’t stand to even listen too him, just like I can’t stand to hear Obama. I am a conservative, and will not vote for a liberal like Romney. Period. Conservative VP don’t mean crap. How much power does the VP candidate have? None. They have to conform to the presidential candidate’s views.

silvernana on March 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Or I could just refuse to ever support or to ever vote for Willard Romney, the unremarkable single-term governor whose only policy achievement was a program of policy functionally identical to ObamaCare with all its new rules, new taxes, its exchanges, its mandates, and its assumptions about the use of the coercive power of the state to supervise private economic activity in support of progressive goals like universal coverage.

Hey, why is this loser–and by loser I mean Romney, but I repeat myself–failing to inspire anyone to invest in his campaign, I wonder? Does it bode well for the general when Willard is already begging the GOP establishment to bail him out just as he used federal money to bail out the Olympics in 2002? http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/08/us/politics/romney-lags-in-gop-grass-roots-fund-raising.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

casuist on March 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Yes, and the formula of throwing a sacrificial conservative on the funeral pyre of a GOP establishment non-entity was sublimely effective in 2008. Just as President McCain … oh, wait.

casuist on March 9, 2012 at 6:28 PM

There is no other viable option, but to rally..

I am with you right up until you ask me to rally around the very single-term governor whose only accomplishment was a program of policy functional identical to ObamaCare, i.e. Romney. At that point I have to ask “What’s the point?” Why would I want to replace one progressive with another?

casuist on March 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I’m sorry but your pious puffery means nothing to me. After Bloody Thursday it’s anything goes for Willard as far as I’m concerned.

casuist on March 9, 2012 at 6:35 PM

You are wrong. It is either Romney or Obama.

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 5:19 PM

No, YOU are wrong. It’s either the status quo or true, meaningful direction change for our nation. A vote for Romney or Obama is a vote for the status quo, ACCEPT IT!

Dunedainn on March 9, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Foxworthy endorsement a good thing. He has a rep for being a decent guy. Now I see he’s a smart guy too.

jeanie on March 9, 2012 at 7:06 PM

ArkyDore on March 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Typical delusional RINO, you ever think before typing? Or those fingers of yours are way too fast for your great mind?

Have you even paid attention to 2008 election, can you remind us about that “Same thing you did in 2008″ idiocy? I refused to vote for either liberal in 2008 and will not vote for either of the 2 liberals in 2012 as well. Done voting for liberals eons ago after I left USSR. They are parasites on the face of humanity.

Good on you and the rest of the RINOs to settle for second worst. Always. Boehner and McConnell are proud of your support and help. Send in your check today, don’t delay…

riddick on March 9, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Hey ArkyDore and the rest of Romney Sheeple,

Ever thought about what kind of place USA would be today, or rather if it even BE today, had our founders “settled” on whatever Brits proposed during the Revolution? “Settling” has worked great for us ever since Newt left the House, “settling” has been working great for us with Boehner and McConnell, “settling” has done great for us with the national debt compromise last summer…

I can go on and on and on… Settling NEVER settles anything when only one side “settles”. See how “settling” has worked in such great places as Russia, China, Cuba and North Korea, all dream lands of “settlement”. And how it has worked for us in Congress in recent times.

Instead of arguing factual, historical PROOF just grab a few books and try to learn for once in your life. Not just read, but LEARN from mistakes others have done.

Smart man is one who learns from his mistakes.
Wise man is one who learns from mistakes of others.

And then there are stupid men and women. Ones that either can’t or refuse to learn from their own mistakes or those of others. aka RINOs.

riddick on March 9, 2012 at 7:53 PM

g2825m on March 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I was asking whether you are posting from abroad several days ago because you signed off at 5 pm saying good night. So you are in Afghanistan. Thanks for your service. Godspeed and be safe.

galtani on March 9, 2012 at 9:10 PM

apocalypse on March 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Ron Paul Supporter….

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

You’re a bad shot “Sniper One”. I endorsed Michele Bachmann in the Republican primary and Ron Paul is a lying, cowardly, weasel

apocalypse on March 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

casuist on March 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM

That’s your right, if you truly believe that. I have a higher opinion of the people envolved. I disagree with almost every position, or part of every position Romney held as governor. However,.. you have to consider a few other things..

One of these men is going to win, none of the above isn’t rushing in to save us from the choices we have now, he just isn’t.

I pray it’s Romney over Obama, because I truly do think he’s infinitely a better option… and, if the man is the consensus choice of the party’s rank and file, (you can’t dispute that when he wins more delegates, he wins enough, clearly we haven’t won the argument in the party.) if Romney is the nominee, I would really really like him to have a feeling of owing the conservatives a favor, in finally endorsing him. The worst case in a Romney win, is that the social conservatives, the fiscal, the defense in a fit of anger allows him to win despite our withholding support..

then, would does he owe us?… anymore than the opposition democrats?

He’ll be president of us all, and I would much rather he listen to us, even if he doesn’t adopt our whole position, at least we get a fair and even chance to be heard. If we take our ball and go home, and he wins without us, it makes us look petty and small minded to the greater good. Worse… if he looses, and very well could, easily, then who do we have to blame but ourselves.. which is no consolation at all. He wins, and we could be part of his coalition..

The idea, only one voters particular view is valid, with all the millions of voters.. come on here..

I won’t be so full of myself to say that my wisdom is infinitely better, so there for, everyone else in the party must bow to that wisdom. That is what it appears some voters are doing when they say… candidate A… or… absolutely NOT candidate B.. or I’ll go home.

Your right yes,.. but it’s not the wisest one, or even justifiable under these circumstances. Making no vote, is voting,.. because you are enfluencing the outcome, don’t say that an Obama win isn’t on you, if you go there..

Because no one can say, we didn’t get a chance to have our vote counted, they were, we just failed to win the argument with enough people. So we have to decide,..

stand with our natural friends,..

or stand alone, in an empty room….

Reagan was a conservative, but he understood when it was better to work with the larger group, than be the lonely phrophet on the hilltop. He’s already remembered as one of the two best presidents in the 20th century, it’s time to act as he would have, and save the ideas we can, rather than leave them all to drown.

mark81150 on March 10, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Why is it that each and every defense of Romney starts with “Yes, BUT…” Enough with BUTs already, there is no defensible position ANYONE should nor could offer in Romney’s defense. There are well documented public records of not only his failed governorship and his cowardly way not to seek re-election, but a good number of his publicly made statements, ALL of which clearly paint him as a progressive liberal, he even said that himself on camera. How much more proof one needs? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice…

No more compromises. Not with liberals in Congress, state and county levels nor Romney and Republican Establishment. NO MORE COMPROMISES!

Conservatives, UNCOMPROMISING CONSERVATIVES, founded and built this great country with nary a BUT offered in the process. We will rebuild the place one more time. All the RINOs should register with the party they really belong to. A good number of us didn’t escape USSR hell so that we can vote for a liberal “Yes, BUT…” lying sack of shyte. Ask yourself why is it refugees from brutal regimes vote against liberals in USA 99% of time? That 1% is the brainwashed beyond repair members of Soviet Communist Party, I know a few, sadly. And they sound and act exactly like all the RINOs here and elsewhere who defend Romney.

Win with a CONSERVATIVE or go home!

riddick on March 10, 2012 at 2:41 PM