Video: Are you ready for the official Obama campaign documentary?

posted at 4:50 pm on March 8, 2012 by Allahpundit

I think you are.

Not mentioned in the clip: We ran a $229 billion deficit last month alone, the highest in American history and the 41st consecutive month in which the feds have been in the red. In time, his first term will be seen through the prism of how little leadership he showed in averting the fiscal crisis that everyone but everyone knew was coming. That’s the ironic counterpoint to all their “Bold Action” hype here about the Bin Laden killing. In meeting America’s biggest challenges, the hallmark of O’s presidency to date is paralysis and procrastination.

They did land the perfect narrator for the job, though. Likable, glamorous, overrated. And lately capable of producing pure dreck.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Nope, it’s spending . . . and spending . . . and spending . . . and spending . . . and spending . . . and spending . . . .

AZCoyote on March 8, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I love the main-page pic and AP’s quote “iconic”. The Ears could be from a Ramirez political cartoon!

Who is John Galt on March 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM

rihar on March 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Go for it. The second joke often gets the bigger laugh.

Christien on March 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM

“How do we understand this president and his time in office?” he [narrartor Hanks] says. “Do we look at the day’s headlines, or do we remember what we, as a country, have been through?”

Yes and yes. Both condemn Obummer as a utter failure.

KS Rex on March 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Release date? The Ides of March. How fitting.

Christien on March 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM

More like a Barackumentary. I can see the marquee:

PUPPET SHOW

&

BARACK OBAMA

Christien on March 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Who is John Galt on March 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM

He doesn’t have to pedal his bicycle if the wind is in the right direction.

slickwillie2001 on March 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Somehow I doubt those HISTORIC Records will be included in this documentary and if so, only as Bush’s or the R-words fault.

jukin3 on March 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM

If you compile the links for this, you have a Best Seller.

Like Ed will with his compendium of Obamateurisms. I hope both books come out in early-mid October!

Who is John Galt on March 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Was Leni Riefenstahl involed in this one?

iurockhead on March 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Oh, PS- HotAir, have you considered updating the comment format? Perhaps more along the lines of the facebook style?

mfrantom on March 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Obvious liberal…seeks to change something that doesn’t need changing to its own preference.

BobMbx on March 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I just wish we had true threaded comments (i.e. the replies to a comment are under/indented to the original comment) and a +/- rank on each comment. It would be very enlightening to see high + comments vs. very – comments. This would highlight trolls very quickly, to their shame, and maybe help improve the quality of trolling.

Waaaaay easier to follow the thread of conversation. HA “threads” are just stream-of-consciousness.

Who is John Galt on March 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Christien on March 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Alternate Name for the Doc: Shark Sandwich

BakerAllie on March 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Who is John Galt on March 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I was thinking Mad magazine and Alfred E. Newman.

jdkchem on March 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I was thinking Mad magazine and Alfred E. Newman.

jdkchem on March 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

There’s a difference? What, Me Worry?

Who is John Galt on March 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Sheryl Crowe is a big Obama supporter and I heard a song of hers the other day I think would be fabulous for the sound track. Its called Gonna Soak up the Sun or something like that. And it goes something like this:

My friend the communist
Holds meetings in his office
I can’t afford his gas
So I’m stuck here watching TV…

magicbeans on March 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Icon.

Scumbag.
Liar.
Marxist.
Communist.
Radical Leftist Progressive.
Anti-American.
Anti-Israeli.
Pro-Islamist.

The list goes on, in no particular order because if you’re any of these you are definitely sucking up too much of my oxygen so GET OFF MY PLANET.

Wolfmoon on March 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Triumph of the will anyone?

Conservative4ev on March 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

In a word: Barf

Robin888 on March 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I’m not going to watch that “dreck”…I may faint.

scalleywag on March 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I’d rather have a root canal. And what the heck is Tom Hanks thinking? It always amazes me that entertainers, in the business of selling themselves, willfully alienate half their audience over hacks like Obama. Think I’ll be paying for a Tom Hanks movie anytime soon? He can wish in one hand and spit in the other.

Murf76 on March 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

So 44% of this country think that Obama is doing a good job? Crikey, I’m not sure there’s much worth saving.

Physics Geek on March 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

In the photo, Obama is looking out the White House window, wishing he were outside. We need to give him his wish–permanently.

Steve Z on March 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I hope it’s subtitled in Austrian.

Christien on March 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Who is John Galt on March 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM

No way. Leave HA just the way it is.
Even Brickbat screwed up with the new format. Now I have to TYPE instapundit in instead of clicking the link.

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 7:58 PM

CA Congressional Office: ““The environment is much more important than jobs”.Congresswoman Karen Bass seems more interested in re-electing Obama and promoting “Critical Race Theory” that either job creation or environmental protection. Details, with video and graphic, at link.

Mutnodjmet on March 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Isn’t it the same as watching the organ grinder and his monkey?

rjulio on March 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM