Quotes of the day

posted at 10:56 pm on March 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Mitt Romney’s campaign gathered the national press corps in their campaign war room this morning to deliver a simple message: It would take an ‘act of God’ for any candidate not named Mitt Romney to win the Republican nomination…

“Looking ahead to a primary calendar where the only remaining true winner-take-all states appear to favor Romney — Delaware, Utah, New Jersey and the District of Columbia (where Rick Santorum is not on the ballot) — the advisers tried to slowly close the door on Santorum and Newt Gingrich, who they said had little to no opportunity left to close the delegate gap…

“Taken together, the campaign hopes math, if not ideology, will help their candidate consolidate a Republican base still resistant to his nomination in some quarters.”

***

“If Romney were to stumble and win only a third of the delegates in the remaining states, Santorum would have to win more than half of all the delegates in order to pull ahead, meaning that Gingrich and Paul together would have to be held below 16 percent. To date, not even counting Romney’s blowout in Massachusetts, Romney has won nearly half of the delegates while Santorum has won about one-fourth. That means the only path to Romney losing requires Santorum to double his past haul, while Romney drops by about 70 percent. That’s not likely.

“Barring some disaster, Romney’s worst-case scenario is that he finishes first, but a bit short of the 1,144-delegate absolute majority, thus needing to pick up a handful of Santorum, Paul or Gingrich delegates. That would not be a pretty way to win, but it would be a win.”

***

“Consider this: if Mitt wins every remaining all-or-nothing state but one, and half of the remaining proportional delegates, he would likely still fall short of the magic nomination number of 1,144—which would force him to rely on unpledged delegates, the Republican version of the infamous Democratic super-delegates in 2008, to claim his party’s mantle…

“[T]he delegate math shows that the earliest this contest could be over is May — and the latest, Utah in late June or even August in Tampa.

“Unless Santorum, Gingrich, or Paul can be prematurely pressured out, this contest will go on. Momentum drives the story line, but math drives the delegate count, and that may be all that matters in this year’s proportional fight for the Republican nomination.”

***

“Mitt Romney’s five-year-long hostile takeover bid for the Republican Party — and the presidency — enters its next grinding phase Wednesday with a spin session for reporters in Boston designed to convince them that his nomination is inevitable…

“If he doesn’t complete the LBO by June, Romney will appeal to what’s left of the party establishment to help him. He can cut deals in lots of directions, a process similar to bringing other investors into a difficult transaction that takes more cash than originally envisioned.

“Consider the calculations for one rival. It’s easier to see Gingrich doing a deal with Romney than with Santorum. What does Santorum have to offer, psychic and philosophical gratification? Mitt can offer Newt stock and a seat on the board.”

***

“‘I don’t see these guys getting out,’ admitted Kerry Healey, Romney’s former lieutenant governor, when asked what the obvious inflection point would be for the race to come to a close.

“‘We will turn slogging into an art form,’ cracked another adviser.

“‘Maybe May?’ ventured a senior Romney official about when the race may end.

“If Super Tuesday had produced a more convincing result, the hope among some in Romney’s orbit was to nail down the nomination by winning the Illinois primary later this month.

“That scenario seems unlikely now.”

***

“Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney ‘clearly’ had a triumphant night on Super Tuesday, but his six wins were ‘maybe not enough’ for someone who wants to win the presidency, GOP Sen. John McCain told ‘Face the Nation’ anchor Bob Schieffer on ‘Face to Face.’

“‘The longer this goes out, the worse our chances are,’ McCain said of the Republican primary. ‘I have to tell you, it makes me very worried about our chances to win in November.’”

***

“‘We’re never going to call on anybody to get out, but what we are calling is on Tea Party supporters and conservatives is to rally behind the only candidate that has demonstrated over and over again that he’s the one who can compete against Mitt Romney,’ [Santorum strategist John] Brabender said.

“‘The real key right now is, can we get an opportunity to get a one-on-one shot with Mitt Romney,’ he said. ‘What we found is, Gingrich did a nice job in his home state, but I don’t even think he had a second place anywhere else … It’s time for conservatives to say ‘Look, we’re going to rally behind one candidate, Rick Santorum.’”

***

“One thing I can tell you for sure, there’s not going to be a brokered convention, where some new person comes in and becomes the nominee. It’s going to be one of the four people that are still running.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I also kinda like Ron Paul on the fiscal side of things. Its when he starts talking about foreign affairs and military matters that things go off the rails.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:02 AM
There seem to be only two views about Ron Paul: the one you expressed and “he is the only hope for America, a true onstitutionalist who will save us from certain destruction!”. And of course everyone knows he is batsh*t crazy, but that’s no big deal these day.

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:06 AM

You see, this is why I log on so late at night. Pearls of wisdom. Batsh*t crazy is only the beginning.

HornetSting on March 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Gingivitis. I blame Romney for it.

HornetSting on March 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM
You know, he doesn’t really care about the gum disease people. They are already being taken care of.

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM

He’s even worse on cavities, always flip flopping, but at least we have obama to give us free toothbrushes and toothpaste.

HornetSting on March 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

What’s Newt hoping for? That Santorum and Romney elope?

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Dick Morris on Hannity said no way Obama gets a second term. My heart sank. Wish he’d shut up.

Marcus on March 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Why does anyone give Dick Morris airtime? you can make good money betting AGAINST his prognostications…

SilverDeth on March 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

When it comes to techy things I am like a Jedi on Starwars. I have determined that HA has a glitch in one of its modules or a bug in one of its hardware circuit boards which runs either a router or computer or some other electrical thing.

Or it could be a wire or a typo in the code somewhere. Or else a virus or something like that which is messing up the works. Anyhow I am glad I was able to clear this up for you non-tech types.

SparkPlug on March 8, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Wow. That was really impressive. I’m glad it was left in such capable hands. Of course, I know nothing about such technical matters but I have a feeling that you’re right about it being “either a router or computer or some other electrical thing.” Thanks again.

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Barney Frank should have been a dentist or a TSA agent. He likes to hunt for cavities.

SparkPlug on March 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM

angrymike on March 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM

angrymike, looks like they got the place fixed since 7:30 when I was last on. Its weird. I had sorta gotten used to it the other way a bit. Kinda like wearing those glasses that turn everything upside down for a week, when you take them off everything is upside down.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM

So hopefully, rubio, jindal, walker will be able to club bushes candidacy to death in 2016. I dont want another bush

Flapjackmaka on March 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

HornetSting on March 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

LOL Well, not for us, of course, but we’ll have to buy them for the poors.

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

It all makes sense now doesn’t it?

You just know its going to happen and then you will be told to troop off to the voting booth for king and country. /

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I aim to misbehave…

SilverDeth on March 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM

SparkPlug on March 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM

My face when I read that: (:-0

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM

SilverDeth on March 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

FOX is following their slogan, “fair and balanced”. Loons like Colmes represent the left, Morris represents the toe sucker contingent…

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM

HornetSting on March 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Yes, Herr Bay Doc Paul cannot be fully understood by mere mortals. Admire him, despise him, but…wait, what was I gonna say?

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM

You are most welcome. I am often called in to explain these glitches and goofups as we call them to people who are not as savvy as I with all these twittery and bloggy chat-rooms and databanks.

SparkPlug on March 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM

That’s “baby doc”.

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Sharrukin, you’re not still listening to that Walter Brennan thing, are you?

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I aim to misbehave…

SilverDeth on March 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I’ll join you wearing a Brown Coat.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Colmes is the only one I actively use the mute button on.

And then there’s that misshapen liberal head of his.

Gimme Andrea Tarantula!

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Revulsion is how I would describe my reaction to a Romney/BushAnyone ticket and I suspect I wouldn’t be alone.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Fixed.

SilverDeth on March 8, 2012 at 1:14 AM

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I could never hate you cyn, but I do love cake. It was good. My keyboard is sticky now though.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Sharrukin, you’re not still listening to that Walter Brennan thing, are you?

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I was. Its kinda neat. Can’t say that Ron Paul strikes me that way. I think I would go with the crazy old uncle image.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I could never hate you cyn, but I do love cake. It was good.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

SparkPlug on March 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I know that was English, but I didn’t understand a word of it. Now I’ll know who to call on for help when the part you can read on my typey thing won’t light up!

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Careful, Skeletor will search you out…

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Fixed.

SilverDeth on March 8, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Heh.

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Gimme Andrea Tarantula!

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:14 AM

She is a happy girl!

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

HornetSting on March 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I’m not sure which is worse, the Herr Baby Doc Paul or the Herr Baby Doc Paul’s diciples of dum dum.

HornetSting on March 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I miss Dire.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Morris predicted a obama loss this fall?

Good luck mittbots

Flapjackmaka on March 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

You people really need to make up your mind. Is Allah in the tank for Romney or Santorum..??//

Allah knows how to stir ant-hills with a stick. He’s pro-lulz.

SilverDeth on March 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Bmore
enjoy the cake, but don’t let mooshell hear about it.
ya this site really got me mad last night, then when I was putting down what I thought of it, the preview error came on. I was smokin, so I just took my ball and went home.
hehe

angrymike on March 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I haven’t seen the Obsessor lately. You think his Grammy turned off the power to the basement?…

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Kate Upton will never betray you.

SparkPlug on March 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:06 AM

That is something that bothers me. The idea that so many invest their hopes in a guy like Ron Paul when it is so obviously pointless. He isn’t what they believe and he isn’t capable of delivering what they want. Not healthy and a sign of the alienation of too many people from the political process.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

*Smiling weakly* Well, if only one of us could enjoy a delicious piece of chocolate cake, I’m glad it was you. No more cake for me for a long time!

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Careful, Skeletor will search you out…

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Bill Press?

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Nothing Palin in days.

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Morris predicted a obama loss this fall?

Good luck mittbots

Flapjackmaka on March 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Probably the most salient thing I’ve seen posted in the last half a year on this website.

SilverDeth on March 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I miss Dire.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Hw’s thsi?

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Hw’s thsi?

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Seriously? Try again:

Hw’s thsi? :)

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Lanceman,

Skeletor = Colmes…

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Palinoia will destroy ya.

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Kate Upton will never betray you.

SparkPlug on March 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM

No, but her airbrush artist will.

RickB on March 8, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Skeletor = Colmes…

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Oh. Never saw him stand up.

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

One of the servers insisted on living two minutes and fifty-two seconds in the future. It has been fired from its job as a Hot Air server until it can learn to join the rest of us in the present.

Mark Jaquith on March 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM

John the Libertarian on March 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

LOL You’re so funny. I didn’t mean because of what he says, but the way RPaul speaks reminds me of Walter Brennan.

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Hw’s thsi?

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Hw’s thsi?..:)

fixed

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Well my critters are telling me its bed time, so,
goodnight all
and I thank the computer gods for looking down on this great site and blessing it once again.
or to whoever fixed it, thanks!

angrymike on March 8, 2012 at 1:26 AM

HornetSting on March 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

The disciples are always worse. Obama is the symptom, those who elected him are the disease. Similarly, any Ron Paul “true believer” sounds like a true cultist when he or she really gets going.

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Dire Straits, QOTD song.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM

He also plays into the whole fearmongering thing, which is not to say that there isn’t a lot of truth in some of the things he says; that’s actually what makes it so appealing to so many people.

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

The voice? Yeah its close. I just don’t get a warm and fuzzy feeling from Ron Paul.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Night angrymike.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

You jokers missed it – every troll in existence at HA was on that Breitbart/Hannity thread tonight.

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I miss predator too.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Well my critters are telling me its bed time, so,
goodnight all
or to whoever fixed it, thanks!

angrymike on March 8, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Buenas noches!

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Crap, really? I couldn’t make it. Did you have fun?

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM

You can’t beat something with nothing. Unfortunately no conservative messiah has emerged so Crazy Uncle Ron gets to preach his half-crazy/half-profound gospel to the crazy choir.

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I miss predator too.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

See? What’s happened here is that now that the sugar rush has worn off you’re left feeling sad and out of sorts!

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Yeah I get that as well. I even sympathize because to be honest things cannot go on the way they are. Something has to change through the political system or it will change without it and that is dangerous. Unfortunately the politicians on both sides are too gutless and too greedy to even consider the possibility.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Crap, really? I couldn’t make it. Did you have fun?

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Every troll currently in existence. Some I never saw before.
So terrified of a nothingburger was libtard4life that it degenerated into a myriad of spelling/grammatical errors. Just like her twitter feed header.

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I miss predator too.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Dire Straits, QOTD song.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Yowza, what a dollface! Check out the peepers on that dame! Not a bad set of pipes, either, hubba hubba!

That’s the extent of my 1940s slang, I’m afraid. Hey the lyrics of this song are kind of risque, aren’t they?

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

That is exactly the problem. The Republicans and Democrats are bereft of ideas and principles and political correctness has put them in a straight jacket where they dare not speak the truth about what the problem is even if they could identify it.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I miss Jailbreak too.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Crap, really? I couldn’t make it. Did you have fun?

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Every troll currently in existence. Some I never saw before.

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I’m sorry I missed that. Was trying to figure out twitter. It’s for the birds.
Anyway, goodnight all! Good to see you guys! I’m going to take that bubblebath I’ve been promising myself all day. Night!

HornetSting on March 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I miss predator too.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I miss Loxodonta. Oh, and Knucklehead.

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I poked my head in the door and heard a ricochet whizz past my head, so I just thought I’d stay here.

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I’m going to take that bubblebath I’ve been promising myself all day. Night!

HornetSting on March 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I’m gonna find MeggyMac and take that blubberbath I’ve been promising myself for the last three years!

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Man I wished I could have been there. Fish in a barrel.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

HornetSting on March 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

‘Night, Stinger!

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I miss Horace too.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I miss Jailbreak too.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Okay, have you been drinking?

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Night HornetSting.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Man I wished I could have been there. Fish in a barrel.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Kenin was full of glee. Poor homosexual. Really thinks he’s gonna be part of the power structure in the NWO.

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Bmore, are you still travelling?

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I don’t think the R’s in DC are out of ideas, just out of testosterone. The dems are acting on their ideas as evidenced by the obamanation and his (mis)administration…

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Okay, have you been drinking?

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Only a little. My Mom and my Wife made up some Cubalibras, Mom said she used to drink them when she was in sub chaser training in Miami in WWII. She doesn’t drink. So it was fun.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Bmore, are you still travelling?

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Yep, roll out sometime in the a.m. for the next stop.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

LOL What’s in a Cubalibra?

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

The system has organized itself into a stable configuration that efficiently resists major changes. It’s also suffocating itself, and on that point Uncle Ron is correct.

Good night!

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Yep, roll out sometime in the a.m. for the next stop.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I think you’re homesick. How much longer til you get to go home?

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

So tell me what their vision is? What does Boehner want, or McConnel? What is Romney’s vision for the country, or Jeb Bush’s or Mitch Daniel’s? They are bureaucrats and administrator’s, not leaders.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Lanceman on March 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I miss KeninCT too. Nah not really, I just like poking him with sharp sticks. I really hate to say this about anyone, but that dude is a total loser. I almost feel sorry for him.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Good night!

Igor R. on March 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Night.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I think you’re homesick. How much longer til you get to go home?

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I don’t know yet. I’m not as much homesick as I am tired.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Night Igor.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I miss Horace too.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Where did he go? He was funny.

SparkPlug on March 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

They just reflect the cluelessness of the electorate. I think that the days of a representative democracy in this country are dwindling. I suppose in our lifetimes we’ll see the rise of that one strongman (or woman) who will become the first dictator.

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I don’t know yet. I’m not as much homesick as I am tired.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Silly! Go cuddle up next to Mrs. Bmore and go to sleep! I have to go too. I’ve got to start training for a race in May. :-(

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

LOL What’s in a Cubalibra?

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Its basically rum and coke with lime. Last time she was craving beer, so I bought her those little tiny miller ponies, an 8 pack. Took her about a year to drink them. Matter of fact I think I had two of em. She’s 92 and starting to slip on me a bit. I have a feeling I may be in for a sad year.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

What race?

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:50 AM

SparkPlug on March 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I don’t know SparkPlug. I have been wanting to ask Ed or Allah if they banned him, just havn’t had a chance. Maybe he just quit. I hope he is okay.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I suspect you may be correct and that may include a national breakup or a sivil war. Who knows at this point. I don’t think we can reverse the socialist effect that has been enacted through the education system. Those people won’t suddenly become good citizens.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM

So was the Obama college video released? Does it tell us what we know or will it actually affect the election?

Flapjackmaka on March 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

The Spelunker of the House is only interested in caving — in between tears — and Mr. Chao wants to go home for the Christmas break rather than stay and fight obamacare…

The lack of testicular fortitude has turned them into drones, not interested in “ideas” or the anything outside their normal routine. When someone, say a Cantor, trots out an idea to reform a gov’t program, the Boehners and McConnells do their best to assimulate the “trouble maker”. In effect turning the idea guy into a drone and those who think like him are cowered into behaving like drones as well.

The inability of a non group think person to make much headway doesn’t bode well for our Country…

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Any one no who has had the hammer swing on them lately. How about that Dr.Telsla guy? Someone once told me he couldn’t get it because he had family in management.

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM

no=know

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM

ROMNEY-JINDAL 2012!

joncoltonis on March 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Gohawgs on March 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Its like the Royalist French or Imperial Russian courts where courtiers granted access to the king and whisper campaigns and influence could freeze an upstart out of the circles of power. Its done a little differently in Washington DC but I imagine a Cardinal Richelieu would recognize most of the human factors involved.

sharrukin on March 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM

What race?

Bmore on March 8, 2012 at 1:50 AM

It makes me feel kind of sick to think about it, but I’m thinking of running the Half Marathon in the Cleveland Marathon. I’ve done 10ks but never a half marathon before. I may die.

cynccook on March 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM