Quotes of the day

posted at 10:56 pm on March 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Mitt Romney’s campaign gathered the national press corps in their campaign war room this morning to deliver a simple message: It would take an ‘act of God’ for any candidate not named Mitt Romney to win the Republican nomination…

“Looking ahead to a primary calendar where the only remaining true winner-take-all states appear to favor Romney — Delaware, Utah, New Jersey and the District of Columbia (where Rick Santorum is not on the ballot) — the advisers tried to slowly close the door on Santorum and Newt Gingrich, who they said had little to no opportunity left to close the delegate gap…

“Taken together, the campaign hopes math, if not ideology, will help their candidate consolidate a Republican base still resistant to his nomination in some quarters.”

***

“If Romney were to stumble and win only a third of the delegates in the remaining states, Santorum would have to win more than half of all the delegates in order to pull ahead, meaning that Gingrich and Paul together would have to be held below 16 percent. To date, not even counting Romney’s blowout in Massachusetts, Romney has won nearly half of the delegates while Santorum has won about one-fourth. That means the only path to Romney losing requires Santorum to double his past haul, while Romney drops by about 70 percent. That’s not likely.

“Barring some disaster, Romney’s worst-case scenario is that he finishes first, but a bit short of the 1,144-delegate absolute majority, thus needing to pick up a handful of Santorum, Paul or Gingrich delegates. That would not be a pretty way to win, but it would be a win.”

***

“Consider this: if Mitt wins every remaining all-or-nothing state but one, and half of the remaining proportional delegates, he would likely still fall short of the magic nomination number of 1,144—which would force him to rely on unpledged delegates, the Republican version of the infamous Democratic super-delegates in 2008, to claim his party’s mantle…

“[T]he delegate math shows that the earliest this contest could be over is May — and the latest, Utah in late June or even August in Tampa.

“Unless Santorum, Gingrich, or Paul can be prematurely pressured out, this contest will go on. Momentum drives the story line, but math drives the delegate count, and that may be all that matters in this year’s proportional fight for the Republican nomination.”

***

“Mitt Romney’s five-year-long hostile takeover bid for the Republican Party — and the presidency — enters its next grinding phase Wednesday with a spin session for reporters in Boston designed to convince them that his nomination is inevitable…

“If he doesn’t complete the LBO by June, Romney will appeal to what’s left of the party establishment to help him. He can cut deals in lots of directions, a process similar to bringing other investors into a difficult transaction that takes more cash than originally envisioned.

“Consider the calculations for one rival. It’s easier to see Gingrich doing a deal with Romney than with Santorum. What does Santorum have to offer, psychic and philosophical gratification? Mitt can offer Newt stock and a seat on the board.”

***

“‘I don’t see these guys getting out,’ admitted Kerry Healey, Romney’s former lieutenant governor, when asked what the obvious inflection point would be for the race to come to a close.

“‘We will turn slogging into an art form,’ cracked another adviser.

“‘Maybe May?’ ventured a senior Romney official about when the race may end.

“If Super Tuesday had produced a more convincing result, the hope among some in Romney’s orbit was to nail down the nomination by winning the Illinois primary later this month.

“That scenario seems unlikely now.”

***

“Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney ‘clearly’ had a triumphant night on Super Tuesday, but his six wins were ‘maybe not enough’ for someone who wants to win the presidency, GOP Sen. John McCain told ‘Face the Nation’ anchor Bob Schieffer on ‘Face to Face.’

“‘The longer this goes out, the worse our chances are,’ McCain said of the Republican primary. ‘I have to tell you, it makes me very worried about our chances to win in November.’”

***

“‘We’re never going to call on anybody to get out, but what we are calling is on Tea Party supporters and conservatives is to rally behind the only candidate that has demonstrated over and over again that he’s the one who can compete against Mitt Romney,’ [Santorum strategist John] Brabender said.

“‘The real key right now is, can we get an opportunity to get a one-on-one shot with Mitt Romney,’ he said. ‘What we found is, Gingrich did a nice job in his home state, but I don’t even think he had a second place anywhere else … It’s time for conservatives to say ‘Look, we’re going to rally behind one candidate, Rick Santorum.’”

***

“One thing I can tell you for sure, there’s not going to be a brokered convention, where some new person comes in and becomes the nominee. It’s going to be one of the four people that are still running.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

We’re screwed.

B Man on March 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Bishop?

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

This post will likely move around.

1st
3rd
5th

All with this post.

P.S. Just move your PC clock 3 minutes fast and you will see AP’s post before he posts it.
Amazing.

Electrongod on March 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

6th!

Lanceman on March 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Morris said it’ll be over June 6.

John the Libertarian on March 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM

3rd or 4th now. First in an hour!

4Grace on March 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Any of you people try using the time-warp to take my spot and you will get a visit from the purple shirts.

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Amazing.

Electrongod on March 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

If I set it to November maybe I can get some early election results.

BakerAllie on March 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

How can he say that with such certainty?

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

The MSM and the Santorum bloggers have the same message on Romney. Big guv trillion dollar ricky is the true conservative. Until Romney wins than Romney will be the evil conservative.

Mormontheman on March 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

If I set it to November maybe I can get some early election results.

BakerAllie on March 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

But it will be somewhat biased, coming from AP :)

Electrongod on March 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Bishop?

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Hey! No fair! Allah, your stupid website has stolen my rightful Bishop! I demand satisfaction!

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

My quote of the day:

They’d (the ABMitt crowd) prefer Ronald Reagan. But here’s a bulletin: Reagan is not coming back, and as the old Washington Redskins coach George Allen used to say, “The future is now.” So Republicans, if they want to win, had better get over the past and start thinking about tomorrow. Get behind Romney … and push!

Dark Star on March 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Mitt can offer Newt stock and a seat on the board.”

Not in a million years!

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Will they be bringing cake with them?

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Dick Morris on Hannity said no way Obama gets a second term. My heart sank. Wish he’d shut up.

Marcus on March 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

If I post on the QOTD, will I be able to post on the OOTD in the am? I just want to make sure that WordPress can keep up with my rate of posting…..

ted c on March 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM

“The president can’t precisely set prices at the gas pump”.
“… not going to make any outrageous statements about the president”

We’ve seen this movie before:
“I want people to know there is nothing to fear in an Obama presidency”
“I’m not going to have anyone calling my opponent by his full name”

Yeah, that’s a real winning candidate we have there.

Once again, the base is going to have to try our best to drag his sorry @$$ across the finish line. The stakes for our freedom have never been higher and the best we’ve got is somebody who doesn’t want to vigorously engage and who is giving the opposition a pass on skyrocketing energy prices. Sure Obama can’t set the precise prices at the pump, but his policies are certainly responsible for the prices we are paying. I don’t care what the rest of the context around that lame “precise prices” quote is, that sentence is the sentence of a wimp, not a person vying for president of the US.

AZfederalist on March 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Maybe keninCT should set his pc clock ahead 10 years to see if he managed to get a date during the last decade.

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Marcus on March 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

He’s always wrong.

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

my malevolent 8-ball recommends “try a million years”….

chances.

ted c on March 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM

It’d be interesting to watch Utah. The tea party is big there. Would they go with the mormon or would they hew to their professed ideals?

promachus on March 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Romney will be the nominee. But he’ll have to soldier on and earn the remaining delegates he needs.

Doughboy on March 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Will they be bringing cake with them?

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Sara Lee french cheesecake>

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Until I hear Rossanne Barr singing…it ain’t over!

KOOLAID2 on March 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

If things get any worse, I may vote for Roseanne Barr/

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Sara Lee french cheesecake>

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Then in that case, I may let them in, Bishop.

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

promachus on March 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Since when did Santorum or Gingrich re0present TEA Party ideas? I didn’t see them leading the charge in ’10.

Tater Salad on March 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

my malevolent 8-ball recommends “try a million years”….

chances.

ted c on March 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Not with a fist full of fifties in a Saigon whorehouse.

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Until I hear Rossanne Barr singing…it ain’t over!

KOOLAID2 on March 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

my malevolent 8-ball recommends “try a million years”….

chances.

ted c on March 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM

He’s got those blow-up dolls you guys!
(I haven’t seen him on here as much lately since Sandra testified…I think he has been busy trying to get in contact with Fluke!)

KOOLAID2 on March 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

You fool. Union thugs are like vampires, if you invite them in they can’t be stopped.

Well ok maybe vampires aren’t as violent as union thugs, but you get my drift.

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

The deafest attitudes only proves what a weak party we have. I can’t tolerate the whining.

We’ve got this guy embracing a racist radical professor at Harvard telling us to open our minds and hearts to him. Another fact of who he is, but what the media doesn’t sell. All you whiners want to do is have a big pity party. I would take 10,000 Romney’s over Obama.

rubberneck on March 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Since when did the non-Romney’s become the base? If more registered Republicans vote for him over any other candidate, I would say he IS representing the base.

I’m annoyed by the sore losers in our party who think THEY are the base, when I have never voted for a Dem in over 30 years as a voter.

Tater Salad on March 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Tater Salad on March 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Who is closer to Tea Party ideals, the guy who led the Contract for America or the author of a state mandated health program?

AZfederalist on March 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Tater Salad on March 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

It’s basically a conservative crack-up.

I voted my conscience in the Ohio primary yesterday. I’ll likely vote the practical way in the general election (even though there’s a high probability that Mitt will suck eggs as President)…

Myron Falwell on March 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I still want a do-over. With HA’s fancy time warp machine, a great candidate could enter today but their entry would show up on ballots last fall.

4Grace on March 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Well ok maybe vampires aren’t as violent as union thugs, but you get my drift.

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

But…but the cake?

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I think McCain is worried about winning the presidency about 3 1/3 years too late.

profitsbeard on March 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Preston Manning! Just saying.

Emperor Norton on March 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Until I hear Rossanne Barr singing…it ain’t over!

KOOLAID2 on March 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

What about these folks.

RickB on March 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

If someone here knows Newt Gingrich personally, perhaps now might be the time for a tactful word about Happy Happy Pretend Time being over and the importance of getting out of this race before it’s too late.

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

What about these folks.

RickB on March 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I’d rather prefer this Riff-Raff over that Riff-Raff.

But that’s just me.

Myron Falwell on March 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Who is closer to Tea Party ideals, the guy who led the Contract for America advocated a federally mandated health program and then cheerlead a state mandated health program, or the author of a state mandated health program?

AZfederalist on March 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

FIFY

alchemist19 on March 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM

profitsbeard on March 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Thread winner right there.

Heaven knows McCain didn’t put any effort into actually winning. If he had, we might not be having to worry right now about trying to repeal Obamacare, MACT, the permitorium, …. it just goes on and on

AZfederalist on March 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

It’s past too late but his Super PAC has cash so there’s no harm in seeing if he can get anything out of Mississippi or Alabama next week.

alchemist19 on March 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Marcus on March 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

He’s always wrong.

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Exactly.

Marcus on March 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Until I hear Rossanne Barr singing…it ain’t over!

KOOLAID2 on March 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

If things get any worse, I may vote for Roseanne Barr/

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM

….no more ice tea for me!

KOOLAID2 on March 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

It’s basically a conservative crack-up.

Myron Falwell on March 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Your first sentence is exactly the point I’m trying to make, under no circumstance is Santorum’s record more conservative than Romney’s, in fact on the social issues I would classify him as liberal. He wants to liberally apply government into social and religious issues.

PS, Abortion should be fought as a human rights issue, not a social/religious issue.

Tater Salad on March 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

….no more ice tea for me!

KOOLAID2 on March 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Not even some delicious “Two if By Tea” accompanied by some “Sherri’s Berries”?

I like Rush, but the ad breaks crack me up.

BakerAllie on March 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I’ve read where people have speculated that Mitt Romney is the GOP’s John Kerry. I’m thinking he’s more like the GOP’s Michael Dukakis….

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

But…but the cake?

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM

YOU are the cake.

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Mathematically Romney for the most part got over the top, And Yet Ed. Jazz etc. claimed there were no winners last night. Sure guys keep thinking that. I am not a Romney fan but the spin here today is actually sad to see from people whose opinions I used to value.

Minnfidel on March 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Marcus on March 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

He’s always wrong.

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Exactly.

Marcus on March 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

He tried to draft Condoleeza Rice for the GOP nod in 2008 to go up against Hillary, and even wrote an actual book about it.

All you need to know.

Myron Falwell on March 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Romney wins. No way can Santorum or Newt so drastically outperform to that extent, especially when money is running short. When Mitt made up the deficit in Michigan and Ohio in short order that was the turning point. Those are rust belt states who also have good numbers of evangelicals, one of which borders Santorum’s home state. Those should have been good for him but he lost nevertheless.

The narrative that Mitt’s ads are turning the tide is nonsense too. Supposedly Republican regulars hate the ads and the entire Conservative media universe AND the Democrats have been trashing Mitt from the start. That onslaught eliminates Mitt’s supposed media advantage. I would argue Mitt is OVER-PERFORMING given the amount of vitriol being hurled at him. Rush, Levin, Palin, Krauthammer, most of NR (despite supporting Mitt for a day or 2 in the beginning), Weekly Standard, et al have all come out against Romney but regular voters are sticking with him for the most part.

Mitt is not the choice of political junkies, keyboard warriors and pundits but he is winning “normal” people over.

echosyst on March 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

YOU are the cake.

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Gulp. But I don’ wannna be the caaaaake!!!

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Who are we kidding? Its over. Romney the big government health care guy in the red jersey on one side against Obama the big government health care guy in the blue jersey on the other. Place your bets while you still have some meager savings left and lets just see who’s going to win the 2012 suckers lottery.

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Minnfidel on March 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I’ll second that, and Allahpundit added.

Tater Salad on March 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

promachus on March 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Yes..both is the same guy.

Jailbreak on March 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Gulp. But I don’ wannna be the caaaaake!!!

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Sorry, you wanted first and you got it.

The only other option is being the candle. Believe me, you don’t want to be the candle.

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:24 PM

What about these folks.

RickB on March 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I think that’s what this website has been doing for the past week or so

AZfederalist on March 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM

YOU are the cake.

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Oh, I had to: Tom Petty- Don’t Come Around Here No More

BakerAllie on March 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM

AZfederalist on March 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

FIFY

alchemist19 on March 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM

You fixed nothing mittbot. I didn’t say Gingrich was perfect, I asked the question, who was closer to Tea Party ideals, the person behind the Contract with America, or the person who authored Romneycare?

I note that you were only able to sling mud against Gingrich, you were unable to put forth a Tea Party ideal action that Mitt accomplished. If there is one, please name it because nobody else has been able to find anything.

AZfederalist on March 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Well then it’s really no contest. There aren’t enough Bain Capital bucks in the world to compete against the 24/7 free MSM cheerleading that Obama will enjoy. Did you say you could get me job working in the kitchen?

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Tater Salad on March 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Do you really expect anyone to believe this nonsense?

Couldn’t you at least TRY not to insult people with something this silly?

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Oh, I had to: Tom Petty- Don’t Come Around Here No More

BakerAllie on March 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM

LOL If that’s supposed to make me feel better….

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM

rubberneck on March 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I thought you were a liberal?

Lanceman on March 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Sorry, you wanted first and you got it.

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:24 PM

A ha! Look again, I’m not first — that B man person is first! He’s the one you want, not me! I was only joking about being first!

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM

O/T….Woo Hoo Shovel Ready here we come,or not!(sarc)

Senate leaders say they’ve reached a deal on a $109 billion bill to overhaul highway and transit programs

Submitted 1 min ago from http://www.google.com
============================

Congress is facing a March 31 deadline. That’s when the government’s authority to dispense highway aid and collect about $110 million a day in gasoline taxes expires.
(More…)
=========

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Yep that sums up the election in a nutshell.

melle1228 on March 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM

See you in the FEMA camps, kids.

I hear Jailbreak will be hired to serve as Camp Social Director no matter who wins.

victor82 on March 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Do you really expect anyone to believe this nonsense?

Couldn’t you at least TRY not to insult people with something this silly?

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I’m not sure how many times we have to go through this, but do I need to remind you of how many bills Santorum sponsored to cut government – zero, how many dollars he supported in earmarks – billions, and when he had his Romneycare moment – right to work, he voted against it. That doesn’t even include a comment Specter.

Tater Salad on March 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM

i watched a little of O’reilly..Stephy was on…he lit up like a light when he said that Romney will have to have Santorum as VP.

These guys are saying…Santo..go Santo! Romney the Mormon (racist) and Santo the anti-women primitive religionist.

r keller on March 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM

AZfederalist on March 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Judging by the exit polling, Tea Party supporters went for Romney over Gingrich by a wide margin in every state except SC and GA.

Gingrich, btw, endorsed the individual mandate part of Romney’s MA plan.

Maybe you believe in the tooth fairy, too? Gingrich supporters seem to believe all sorts of things which aren’t true.

Adjoran on March 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Its going to be like Custer at Little Big Horn and the ‘moderates’ will blame conservatives for that too. They have no idea what’s coming even with John McCain as a mild example.

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

They already are blaming us. Look at some of the posts. It would be funny if it weren’t so depressing.

BakerAllie on March 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

And like 2008, most of us icky Conservatives will get drunk and vote for Politician Barbie…And STILL get blamed for his defeat.

melle1228 on March 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

ROTF. Too funny.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Gingrich, btw, endorsed the individual mandate part of Romney’s MA plan.

Adjoran on March 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Also more than Santorum

Tater Salad on March 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM

nth !!!! (occurrence of a first comment not actually being observed as a first comment by the system software)

ExpressoBold on March 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Maybe we’ll be wrong and maybe there will be a brokered convention after all. Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio will ride in on glorious white (and brown) steeds to save the day!

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

BakerAllie on March 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Well they got what they wanted and I don’t see why the conservatives they are so contemptuous of should bother helping them win.

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Kathleen Parkers Mittens piece!
===============================

Dear Mitt:Ignore the man in the bow tie
March 6 2012
************

Dear Mitt:
**********

Consider me a neighbor leaning over the picket fence. You have a picket fence, don’t you? An ivy-covered wall? Fine, I’ll get a ladder.

This is what I want to say: Pay no attention to that man in the bow tie. Just because George Will says something doesn’t make it so. Just because he has written you off as unable to defeat President Obama, don’t believe it. This isn’t over.

Also, not in any way to compare these two: Do not fear Rush Limbaugh. When he utters something repugnant, say so. When he calls a young woman a “slut” on the public airwaves, do not say you would not have chosen those words. Be offended! Be outraged! Do you need Limbaugh’s base to win? Are those really your people? You had an opportunity to establish yourself as a leader and missed it. Though not irreparable, this is a shame and is symptomatic of what ails your campaign. Too eager not to offend, you are reluctant to say what is true.

You have my sympathies. At this point in the campaign, your autopilot has been recharged to within an inch of its life. You’ve said the same things so many times, you’re not sure you believe them anymore. You don’t remember what it’s like to kick back and enjoy a quiet cup of cocoa by the fire. You’re winning, but it feels like you’re losing. (Thanks, George.)
(More…………)
===================

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 7:12 AM

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM

r keller on March 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Romney or Santorum would be idiotic to choose the other. Idiotic. Even Conservative Santorum supporters have to realize that. There are strategic alternatives that scream to be chosen. Marco Rubio. Col. West. Suzanna Martinez.

Marcus on March 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Lets have a pity party.

RickB on March 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM

NYT and SPLC doing their part…

d1carter on March 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Obama 12 is not Obama 08.

Go RBNY on March 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Bishop on March 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Bishop:Oh I’m shaking in my Eskimo,er,Igloo Bootys,haha!!:)

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Obama 12 is not Obama 08.

Go RBNY on March 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I think it is sweet how Republicans STILL underestimate Obama..

melle1228 on March 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Obama 12 is not Obama 08.

Go RBNY on March 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM

And the GOP is running the loser who lost to the loser from 2008 who couldn’t beat a man as detested as John McCain.

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Adjoran on March 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM

You jump to too many conclusions, I didn’t vote for Gingrich I was merely pointing out a flawed earlier comment.

The fact that a lot of Tea Party people voted for Romney at this point has more to do with people having bought into the electability fairy tale and are so concerned about Obama getting a second term, they are going for the establishment candidate. Even when they know it’s not the right thing to do

AZfederalist on March 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM

melle1228 on March 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Become a wino, vote for RINO.

steebo77 on March 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Marcus on March 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM

None of them are running. But conservatives do have an alternative at the brokered convention.

promachus on March 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM

OMG that is a depressing thought!

melle1228 on March 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM

“There’s probably not a need to raise the minimum wage,”

Kerry Romney 2004 2012

The only good thing this year is that Romney will be gone for good

Flapjackmaka on March 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM

piece out

ExpressoBold on March 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I wish that I could believe in that stuff…but I don’t. I like Santorum and Newt but the world is what it is. I am leaning towards Jack Daniels or that Cthulhu guy.

sharrukin on March 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM

What does McCain want out of this?

Igor R. on March 7, 2012 at 11:42 PM

ExpressoBold on March 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM

You weren’t joking about those pills, were you? ;-)

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I may be posting comments too quickly. Maybe I should consider slowing down. GRRRR

cynccook on March 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM