Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on March 7, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

When someone tells you they have your back, what does that mean to you? Does it mean they will defend you against attack and fight by your side — or just that they appreciate the history of the friendship? Last week at AIPAC, Barack Obama told Israel that “when the chips are down, I have Israel’s back”:

Four years ago, I stood before you and said that, “Israel’s security is sacrosanct.  It is non-negotiable.”  That belief has guided my actions as President.  The fact is, my administration’s commitment to Israel’s security has been unprecedented.  Our military and intelligence cooperation has never been closer.  (Applause.)  Our joint exercises and training have never been more robust.  Despite a tough budget environment, our security assistance has increased every single year.  (Applause.)  We are investing in new capabilities.  We’re providing Israel with more advanced technology — the types of products and systems that only go to our closest friends and allies.  And make no mistake: We will do what it takes to preserve Israel’s qualitative military edge — because Israel must always have the ability to defend itself, by itself, against any threat.  (Applause.)

This isn’t just about numbers on a balance sheet.  As a senator, I spoke to Israeli troops on the Lebanese border.  I visited with families who’ve known the terror of rocket fire in Sderot.  And that’s why, as President, I have provided critical funding to deploy the Iron Dome system that has intercepted rockets that might have hit homes and hospitals and schools in that town and in others.  (Applause.)  Now our assistance is expanding Israel’s defensive capabilities, so that more Israelis can live free from the fear of rockets and ballistic missiles.  Because no family, no citizen, should live in fear.

And just as we’ve been there with our security assistance, we’ve been there through our diplomacy.  When the Goldstone report unfairly singled out Israel for criticism, we challenged it.  (Applause.)  When Israel was isolated in the aftermath of the flotilla incident, we supported them.  (Applause.)  When the Durban conference was commemorated, we boycotted it, and we will always reject the notion that Zionism is racism.  (Applause.)

When one-sided resolutions are brought up at the Human Rights Council, we oppose them.  When Israeli diplomats feared for their lives in Cairo, we intervened to save them.  (Applause.)  When there are efforts to boycott or divest from Israel, we will stand against them.  (Applause.)  And whenever an effort is made to de-legitimize the state of Israel, my administration has opposed them.  (Applause.)  So there should not be a shred of doubt by now — when the chips are down, I have Israel’s back.  (Applause.)

That was then, this is now.  When ABC’s Jake Tapper asked Obama what specifically that meant in the context of the threat from Iran in yesterday’s press conference, suddenly Obama backtracked and insisted it wasn’t a “military doctrine”:

Q You might not be beating the drums of war, but you did very publicly say, we’ve got Israel’s back. What does that mean?

THE PRESIDENT: What it means is, is that, historically, we have always cooperated with Israel with respect to the defense of Israel, just like we do with a whole range of other allies — just like we do with Great Britain, just like we do with Japan. And that broad statement I think is confirmed when you look at what we’ve done over the last three years on things like Iron Dome that prevents missiles from raining down on their small towns along border regions of Israel, that potentially land on schools or children or families. And we’re going to continue that unprecedented security — security commitment.

It was not a military doctrine that we were laying out for any particular military action. It was a restatement of our consistent position that the security of Israel is something I deeply care about, and that the deeds of my administration over the last three years confirms how deeply we care about it. That’s a commitment we’ve made.

Well, until recently, the US did have at least an unofficial military doctrine of “having Israel’s back,” making it clear that the US would intervene in any major-scale attack on Israel.  Obama specifically offered the “I have Israel’s back” to claim that he was ready to defend Israel in every way, not just diplomatically, which is clear from the context of his remarks to AIPAC — and a political claim intended to push back against the argument that Obama has damaged the US-Israeli partnership.  It took only two short days to go from having Israel’s back to merely “caring deeply” about Israel’s security.

Rick Klein originally noted the, er, backslide on Twitter, to which I replied, “If “I have your back” is not a military doctrine, what is it? A sunscreen-lotion policy?”  Sounds more like a splash of misdirection.

Comments

He said “I” have Israel’s back? He did not use “we’ or “the US”?

It is all about the O.

esr1951 on March 7, 2012 at 8:05 AM

FIRST!

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Sorry!

esr1951 on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM

FIRST!

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM

What a weasel

Night Owl on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM

And Israel knows that with that plus $3.60 they can get a cup of Starbucks.

Dee2008 on March 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Of course with this guy and his Chicago style politics “I have your back” means “I’m sizing up where to stick the knife if it turns out you are worth more to me on the ground then in front of me.”

Betenoire on March 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM

When someone tells you they have your back, what does that mean to you?
====

Me thinks,a second pair of eyes,keeping watch,
of the Situational Awareness thingy!!

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Watch out Bibi

cmsinaz on March 7, 2012 at 8:09 AM

FIRST!

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM
————————————–
Sorry!

esr1951 on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM

esr1951:Curses!:)

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM

When Barack Obama says “ I have Israel’s back”, he means he has a knife in Israel’s back.

petefrt on March 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM

“I have your back” is a phrase that should never be used unless the soldier whose back needs protection actually has some trust in the party providing it. A phrase like that used flippantly in this context is obviously misunderstood by Mr. Obama, a man who has never stood a watch, guarded anything, provided protection (that is, unless its latex protection and provided on the front), nor understands anything pertaining to the profession of arms.

Insulting.

BTW, “We have your back” is a phrase used by the press, to the president, just about every day of this term.

ted c on March 7, 2012 at 8:12 AM

‘I have your back.’ Translation: Your cannon fodder and I’m not.

meci on March 7, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I’m sick of this doofus.

AH_C on March 7, 2012 at 8:13 AM

“when the chips are down, I have Israel’s back”:

Coming from this piece of work I’d be very worried about that, Israel.

CorporatePiggy on March 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM

When Obama says he has Israel’s back what he really means is that he wants a convenient position in which to twist the knife in harder.

This is the bastard who changed US Policy to advocate for a return to the 1967 borders- totally indefensible for Israel.

This is the bastard who got bored meeting with the Israeli Prime Minister and went off to dinner with the moose.

This is the bastard who bows and scrapes to Muslims who want to drive the Jews of Israel into the sea.

Why anybody who cares about Israel should not be supporting Obama yet, inexplicably, Jews still love Obama even though he openly detests them and the Jewish homeland.

Happy Nomad on March 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM

If any of you have not seen the documentary called “Daylight: The story of Obama and Israel” I suggest watching it.

Once you see all of Obama’s actions and words concerning Israel in chronological order and condensed into 30 minutes you will understand why they are right to be very nervous. It also puts this particular Obamaturism into proper perspective.

Mord on March 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM

petefrt on March 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM

You beat me to saying that.

When someone tells you they have your back, what does that mean to you? Does it mean they will defend you against attack and fight by your side — or just that they appreciate the history of the friendship will attack you behind your back? Last week at AIPAC, Barack Obama told Israel that

“when the chips are down, I have [a knife at] Israel’s back”

ITguy on March 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM

It’s easy to “have some one’s back” when you’re leading from behind, right Mr. Obama?

Rovin on March 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM

When the chips really are down, where will Obama really stand?

Actual quote from “The Audacity of Hope” [pg. 261]:

Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

That is highly “nuanced”, as Obama can claim that he was merely describing the needs of the Arab and Pakistani Americans with whom he met…but he doesn’t deny that he would indeed “stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction”.

So, should the political winds shift in an ugly direction and the chips are down, will Obama stand with Israel, or with Arab and Pakistani Americans?

ITguy on March 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I have Israel’s back

Rick Klein originally noted the, er, backslide on Twitter

Obama had Bibi’s back–as in backbiting–when he was chatting with Sarkozy.

itsnotaboutme on March 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Talk is cheap.

TimBuk3 on March 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Did the Jewish people in this country hear that?

docflash on March 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Any true “soldier” like Bibi Netanyahu knows who to trust and when–because Bibi has the experience and instincts to know when he has a strong defense, and when he doesn’t. Watch Bibi’s actions in the future and ask yourself if he is acting as a soldier who is relying upon someone “watching his back.” If he doesn’t, then you will know that he doesn’t trust Obama.

ted c on March 7, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Barack Obama told Israel that “when the chips are down, I have Israel’s back”:
===============

Piff,Hopey/Changey is all WE WEEDED UP on KOOL_AID,
trust him not!!

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I betcha he also “had someone’s back” when he was “looking for an a$$ to kick” after the BP oil spill.

Posterior.

ted c on March 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

FIRST!

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Sorry!

esr1951 on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Trying to ignore the childishness of the “First!” commenters, I’m wondering why comments sometimes don’t appear in chronological order. Obviously you, esr1951, wrote this after canopfor’s post, yet here it’s posted above his.
Last night a comment of mine appeared above one that I had just finished reading.
Why & how does that happen?

itsnotaboutme on March 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Wait a tic,Hopey had Polands(Missile Shield),and
Georgia’s back as well!!!

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Obama had Bibi’s back–as in backbiting–when he was chatting with Sarkozy.

itsnotaboutme on March 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM

True Dat.

ITguy on March 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Happy Nomad on March 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM

I agree with you!

ExpressoBold on March 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Speaking of Israel!!

Hamas denies it will attack Israel in any war with Iran

Submitted 7 mins ago from http://www.bbc.co.uk
======================================================

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Rovin

cmsinaz on March 7, 2012 at 8:23 AM

O/T..hmmmm
===========

US private sector jobs increased by 216,000 in February, according to ADP; 25th consecutive monthly gain in private employment

Submitted 4 mins ago by editor
==============================

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:25 AM

How do you know he says he has their back that he is not looking for just the right spot to stick the knife in?

pilamaye on March 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I predict this one will be the winner this week, but the scary thing is that I’m probably wrong.

22044 on March 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Of course with this guy and his Chicago style politics “I have your back” means “I’m sizing up where to stick the knife if it turns out you are worth more to me on the ground than in front of me.”

Betenoire on March 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM

In this case, it’s when the Islamists feel they’re ready to wipe out Israel.

Steve Eggleston on March 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM

“I’ve got your back”

Shirley Sherrod could not be reached for comment

The Department of Agriculture employee who resigned after a controversy erupted over recent remarks she made is now saying that the White House forced her resignation.

“They called me twice,” Sherrod told the AP, noting that she was driving when she received the calls. “The last time they asked me to pull over the side of the road and submit my resignation on my Blackberry, and that’s what I did.”

Do we bank on the premise that Obama won’t act “stupidly” this time around when protecting Israel? Should Israel rely, (with their existence in the balance), on Obama’s insistence to continue with these failing diplomacy tactics?

(Disclaimer: the two paragraphs are taken out of context)

Rovin on March 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM

… obviously misunderstood by Mr. Obama, a man who has never stood a watch, guarded anything, provided protection…

Insulting.

ted c on March 7, 2012 at 8:12 AM

+1. The man will never know the true meaning of the word ‘ally’. Look at where the man was raised and the ideology he learned at a young age. He probably got ill just mouthing those words yesterday.

VietVet_Dave on March 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM

FIRST!

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Why & how does that happen?

itsnotaboutme on March 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

itsnotaboutme:I think there is a technical spook,causing Kaos,
in the posting time stamp!(sarc)

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM

There is a mound of people under the bus who trusted Obama when he claimed he “had their back.” The wheels go round and round.

tommyboy on March 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Mord on March 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Agree. Watched the entire thing a few days ago, and got the heebie jeebies.
I realized that I had forgotten so much, and hope it can be a focus in the general, somehow, somewhere.

pambi on March 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM

When the chips are down, the cow is empty.

The Rogue Tomato on March 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Notice how he said ‘when the chips are down .. ‘

Why start then ??

I literally despise this man.

pambi on March 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM

pambi on March 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM

It is freaky isn’t it?

Mord on March 7, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Thanks Obama voters…you elected a true moron.

St Gaudens on March 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

all I see is that Obama kissed the butt of the israeli right wing like most presidents before him. The petty argument of this OOTD is that he did not kissed the israeli right wing butt hard or strong enough.
can we have OOTD about 5$ gas or the loobyists that are bankrolling obama campaing?

nathor on March 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Notice how he said ‘when the chips are down .. ‘

Why start then ??

pambi on March 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Because up until then, American Jews remain silent and send in checks to Obama’s re-election campaign.

Barak Hussein Obama clearly is more interested in supporting Muslims including those calling for the destruction of Israel- reversing American policy dating back to the 1940s and reneging on promises made by every American President before the bastard with the Muslim name. The Cairo speech was a warning shot that America under Obama has a policy of detesting Jews and Israel. The endorsement of a return to the 1967 borders and “right of return” by Barak Hussein Obama is exactly what the Palestinian terrorists have long been demanding.

I have no doubt that if American intelligence gets a hint that Israel will be attacking Iran Obama will immediately be warning Tehran. I really have no confidence that Barak Hussein Obama has any interest in defending the only democracy in the region and our long-term ally.

Happy Nomad on March 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Bibi: When it comes to Obama’s “words, just words,” in the famous philosophy of Ronald Reagan, “Trust but verify.” Obama’s word is not his honor. He tosses his phony rhetoric freely in order to impress the sycophants.

onlineanalyst on March 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Obama’s policy is leading from behind, so when he says “*I have Israel’s back”, what he means is you go first, if you fail you are on your own, if you succeed I will stand with you and take the credit.

philly_PA on March 7, 2012 at 8:47 AM

petefrt on March 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM

In Austrian it also means ‘screw you Israel’

Sticky Wicket on March 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Like the French, the last place you want Zero is at your back.

The Hindmost, leading from behind once again.

NeighborhoodCatLady on March 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM

“security of Israel is something I deeply care about”

Well buy the man a blue Care Bear… Netanyahu should have a little talk with Cardinal Dolan about how 0 sincerity.

“Yup, I have the ability to lie to your face and behind your back.”

elm on March 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM

The same liberal Jewish fools in NYC and Hollywood who donate millions to Israel’s charities will also massively contribute to Obama’s campaign. Famous Jewish brains are so overrated.

Archivarix on March 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM

He “has Israel’s back” as far as promising to send a stern note to Iran, should they drop a few nuclear weapons on Tel Aviv.

Speak stupidly and carry a limp stick, Barack Obama always says.

NoDonkey on March 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM

“I have your back”…and a fistful of dollars for the Muslim Brotherhood.

ctmom on March 7, 2012 at 8:56 AM

So Obama has Israel’s back until the shooting starts? Then it’s, “good luck, you’re on your own.”

WordsMatter on March 7, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Four years ago, I stood before you and said that, “Israel’s security is sacrosanct. It is non-negotiable.” That belief has guided my actions as President.

Yeah yeah yeah. And four years ago you stood at AIPAC and called Jerusalem the undivided capital of Israel. We’ve seen how that has guided your actions as president.

Someone please tell me that Democrats who support Israel aren’t stupid enough to realize that he’s in campaign mode again, that nothing he says now about Israel can be taken any more seriously than what he said 4 years ago could.

ProfessorMiao on March 7, 2012 at 9:01 AM

ted c on March 7, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Bibi is not a stupid man. He has already been subjected to 3 and half years of backstabbing and backbiting from Obama. You can be sure that Bibi does not trust Obama. This is embodied in his statement that Israel can and must defend itself. In other words, Israel will never hand over her security to ANY third party.

ProfessorMiao on March 7, 2012 at 9:06 AM

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Hamas has broken with Iran. Makes sense. It’s the Palestinian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood, which is now in power in Egypt.

ProfessorMiao on March 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Notice how he said ‘when the chips are down .. ‘

Why start then ??

I literally despise this man.

pambi on March 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM

And what does it mean, exactly? After the first Iranian nuke has hit Tel Aviv?

ProfessorMiao on March 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I have your back, and that’s where I’ll be attacking you from when the enemy attacks you from the front.

mr.blacksheep on March 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Everything this guy says has an expiration date.

Milk has a longer shelf life than some of Obama’s proclamations.

novaculus on March 7, 2012 at 9:13 AM

And Israel knows that with that plus $3.60 they can get a cup of Starbucks.

Dee2008 on March 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM

But that won’t even by a gallon gas these days…

chai on March 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM

“We’re providing Israel with more advanced technology-the types of products and systems that only go to our closest friend and allies.”

How did Iran get that DRONE again, that looked like it had just come out of the box?

KOOLAID2 on March 7, 2012 at 9:16 AM

What he meant to say was, “Baby got back”…because he fancies himself a butt man.

Wyznowski on March 7, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I hope Bibi harbors no trust in this president. What a sorry excuse of a commander in chief. Expresses a military policy one day and backs down the next. Don’t call his bluff, you’ve got to be kidding.

Kissmygrits on March 7, 2012 at 9:33 AM

The Stash on Obama having Israel’s back

He has Israel’s back – that’s why within 48 hours of giving this assurance to potential voters he agreed to enter into ‘negotiations’ yet one more time, to allow Iran to run down the clock.

ProfessorMiao on March 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM

If you listen to Bibi Netanyahu’s speech at AIPAC, he astutely acknowledged what the president has said to him regarding the president’s ‘commitment’ to Israel. That acknowledgement, while veiled in a slightly sarcastic but genuinely respectful tone, was meant as a way to shackle Obama to what he has said regarding American-Israeli relations so that, once the shizzat hits the fan, the world knows what has transpired in the past. Bibi knows that there will be efforts to rewrite the history, particularly from the Orwellian White House, and he maneuvered to staunch that rewrite.

ted c on March 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Kissmygrits on March 7, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I think Bibi trusts Obama as much as he trusted Yasser Arafat. Neither Obama, nor Arafat, has offered much in the way of trustworthiness beyond rhetoric. Bibi knows that talk is cheap.

ted c on March 7, 2012 at 9:56 AM

At least your enemies stab you in the front.

Akzed on March 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Yet how many Jews will still line up to vote for this clown?

Odysseus on March 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Odysseus on March 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Sergeant Debbie Wasserman Schultz?

IlikedAUH2O on March 7, 2012 at 10:09 AM

“when the chips are down, I have Israel’s back”

Translation: “when the chips are down, I will turn my back to Isreal”

“Israel’s security is sacrosanct. It is non-negotiable.” That belief has guided my actions as President. The fact is, my administration’s commitment to Israel’s security has been unprecedented. Our military and intelligence cooperation has never been closer. (Applause.) Our joint exercises and training have never been more robust.

Translation: >“Israel’s security is sacrosanct. It is non-negotiable in US dollars. Just slide it into my re-election campaign, in an untraceable gift card.”
That belief has guided my re-election actions for President.
The facts are intentionally made fuzzy, as my administration’s commitment insults to Israel’s security has been unprecedented. Our military and intelligence cooperation has never been as closely scrutinized. (Canned Applause.)
Our joints we smoke on the Whitehouse roof, exercises and training have never been robust stronger. They make me want to eat lox & bagels all the time. Hey, I want to light the next joint with the Menorah. Hey, lets light them all!!.
Hey, BeBe, you can let yourself out the back door this time.”
- The SCKOAMF

askwhatif on March 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM

“when the chips are down”:

“We’ll switch to Dorito’s. Can’t have a Beer Summit without munchies.”

askwhatif on March 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I’m beginning to think that there is some genetic flaw in the Jewish linage that makes them vote and trust for men that do not lie too well about not killing them.

jukin3 on March 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Yeah, just ask Great Britain, Poland and Czechoslovakia about that “having your back” thing.

GarandFan on March 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM

In Austrian it also means ‘screw you Israel’

Sticky Wicket on March 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Heh.

Tim_CA on March 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM

nathor on March 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM

And can you at least post your BS in coherent sentences? You know, hit the preview button before you submit your comment?

GeorgiaBuckeye on March 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM

ProfessorMiao on March 7, 2012 at 9:06 AM

If you think we’re on the edge-of-our-seat awaiting November, imagine Bibi.

Tsar of Earth on March 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Archivarix on March 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I am Jewish and I truly do not understand the progressive liberalism of the Jewish community. My dad was a conservative Republican as I am, and he was very heavily involved with the Jewish community in Los Angeles in the 60′s-80′s. I wish I had asked him this question while he was still alive.

NOMOBO on March 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM

When someone tells you they have your back, what does that mean to you?
====

Me thinks,a second pair of eyes,keeping watch,
of the Situational Awareness thingy!!

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Exactly. It means, very specifically, that you can feel free to press on and watch the forward arc as you do, not having to turn and look over your shoulder, because I’m watching the flanks, and ready to respond in your defense against ANYTHING inbound.

For the Resident to use the first-person singular in this sense just screams narcissist to the skies. This man has never in his life “had someone’s back” in a tactical sense, and wouldn’t know what the phrase was supposed to mean, unless it is in purely political terms. He definitely had ACORN’s back, SEIU’s back, and Holder’s back. But then, being a Chicagoland pol, he ducked when ACORN got busted by Breitbart/O’Keefe, and he’s sure to jettison Holder the moment the heat drifts his own way. That’s how a gangster has your back.

Bibi knows this. He’s hoping for change come November.

Freelancer on March 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM

“If “I have your back” is not a military doctrine, what is it?

Um… whoring for votes? I thought that should be pretty obvious to everybody, given this President’s history so far.

RebeccaH on March 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Fact it, when the chips are down Obama will stab Israel in the back.

Wait a tic,Hopey had Polands(Missile Shield),and
Georgia’s back as well!!!

canopfor on March 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Obama is already planning to give Russia the Missile Shield technology. There is no lengths to what that anti-American will go to in order to weaken this country and our allies.

jqc1970 on March 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM

So there should not be a shred of doubt by now — when the chips are down, I have (stabbed) Israel’s back. (Applause) (boos)

There ya go, Obama. I fixed it fer ya!

CatchAll on March 7, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Every promise of Obama’s has an expiration date.

AnotherOpinion on March 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Fighter pilots would phrase it as “being a good wingman”. I am not sure how President Obama is using it in this instance

tank_killer69 on March 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM

U.S. allies, take note: “I’ve got your back” only means “I care.” (Unless you’re Hosni Mubarak, in which case it means neither.)

Colony14 on March 7, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I am certain that Obama’s, “got Israel’s back,” is no where near equivalent to his latest gross give away of my tax money to the Palestinian Authority. which will be used almost exclusively to stab Israelis in the back.

When will someone put a stop to this narcissist’s scams?

dockywocky on April 29, 2012 at 3:05 PM