Karl Rove: Palin’s support for Gingrich proves that endorsements “don’t mean snot”

posted at 7:10 pm on March 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

I understand why BuzzFeed’s trying to turn this into a Rove/Palin war — the RINO/true conservative conflict is irresistible traffic bait — but I don’t see this as a shot aimed specifically at her so much as a statement of simple fact. Simple fact: Most endorsements don’t mean snot. Ask Romney fan Nikki Haley about that.

Karl Rove mockingly dismissed the value of Sarah and Todd Palin’s endorsements on a private conference call today, noting that their backing of Newt Gingrich in Alaska “demonstrated that endorsements don’t mean snot.”

BuzzFeed obtained the dial-in information for the conference call with Barclays Capital clients and employees, in which Rove outlined the state of the Republican race for the presidency and the path forward for the candidates…

Rove also said on the call that he expects Democrats to hold the Senate, and that Newt Gingrich is on the brink of becoming “irrelevant” to the presidential race.

Hard to judge without an exact quote but he’s probably citing her because she does, in fact, have more influence with grassroots righties than most big-name conservatives. I.e. if even Palin’s stamp of approval can’t rescue Gingrich in her home state then endorsements simply don’t matter much. Seriously, how many over the entire span of this deathless campaign have made a difference? Haley and Pawlenty, a current and former governor, respectively, couldn’t save their home states for Romney. Mike DeWine, a former senator from Ohio, flipped from Romney to Santorum but that wasn’t enough to hand the state to Team Sweater Vest. Mitt did win Arizona after McCain backed him, but according to a PPP poll taken a week before the vote, twice as many voters cited that as a negative than as a positive. (Jan Brewer’s support may have been more significant.) The only endorsement I can think of that likely did tilt an election was Rob Portman’s, partly because he campaigned hard for Romney in Ohio over the last month and a half and partly because he happens to have influence in a specific part of the state that ended up being crucial to Mitt’s win. Apart from him, who else?

Via Mediaite, here’s Steve Doocy wondering on Fox this morning why, if Palin was willing to admit that she voted for Newt in Alaska, she didn’t go ahead and formally endorse him a week ago. The answer, I think, is because she’s savvy enough to know that Rove is right. Newt’s in too deep of a hole up north and nationally for anyone to dig him out, so why should she spend valuable political capital to try? (In fact, Gingrich finished fourth in Alaska’s “presidential preference poll,” 10 points behind third-place Ron Paul.) The last time she endorsed in a major Alaska race, it didn’t end well. Go figure that she didn’t want to make the Haley/Pawlenty/DeWine mistake this time.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I dislike Rove more and more the more he opens his big fat RINO mouth. GO AWAY ALREADY!!

Sporty1946 on March 7, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Ditto!

That phone call may have been private, but it is now out there, having a very negative effect.

My state’s primary is fairly late. I would hope that my vote would have some meaning, but apparently Rove thinks that primaries are simply a going-through-the-motions exercise.

Rove used a lot of the conservatives in order to assure W’s election. He may think out himself as a pragmatic strategist, but I see him as a cynical manipulator.

I think that it is mighty short-sighted for him to forecast our losing the Senate, given how many Dem seats are up for grabs. If our presidential candidate is weak (Romney?) because he doesn’t generate enthusiasm enough to garner lower ticket contenders, then the fault may lie with the RNC bigwigs who failed to understand the disgust of the voters with the DC swamp.

Is Rove setting up a loss in order for Jeb to sweep in in 2016? We won’t have a recognizable country by then. I thought that I read that his American Crossroads PAC is folding up shop. Are my facts correct?

onlineanalyst on March 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I think the endorsements of Cain, Todd Palin and Rick Perry before the South Carolina primary in fact made a significant difference. I also think Fred Thompson’s work helped Gingrich last minute rise in Tennessee polls. We will see if Perry’s support in Texas raises his vote total over the national averages; but I suspect it will.

As for the Dems holding the Senate–Pretty early to make that bet. Has King said he would caucus with Democrats if elected in Maine or something?

KW64 on March 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

promachus on March 7, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I haven’t gone back to check, but I think I remember AP defending Palin in regard to the Gibson interview. Several times. Over a period of days.

Would you mind going back and collecting some evidence for your claim so we can clear this up?

jaime on March 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Saraha take Newt hunting and both be gone!

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Did you write that post in crayon?

ariel on March 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I agree with others– vote ≠ endorsement. I mean, I voted for Ron Paul yesterday! I stood with the Re v o L u ti on for one day and one day only.

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

jaime on March 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

He most certainly did not. He was piling on.

promachus on March 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Come on now — we owe Karl an eternal debt for keeping John Kerry away from the oval office.

B.A. Moderate on March 7, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Saraha take Newt hunting and both be gone!

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Really? Is this acceptable at Hot Air? A lot of stuff is written here, but wishing death on people with whom you disagree crosses the line.

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

promachus on March 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I notice that there is no link in your comment.

jaime on March 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I want this question answered: How can Palin describe the vindictive Newt Gingrich as “cheerful”?

Buy Danish on March 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM

onlineanalyst on March 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

If you think Rove is bad, you should listen to today’s Hugh Hewitt show. His theme was to ask all the “influential” pundits and commentators whether they thought that Mittens was the inevitable nominee. It was such blatant propogandizing that I turned it off and switched to Shep Smith on pirate streaming.

I do not “get” how these idiots can call themselves conservatives. But I suspect that they know in their hearts that Romney cannot win in the general and for some insane reason they just don’t care.

If the talk radio push had been for Sarah, I doubt that Mittens would still be in the race.

platypus on March 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

The funny part is, no one knew who Palin voted for until she was asked, an hour after the polls closed…LOL

idesign on March 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM

KW64 on March 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I’m suspecting that disorganization is holding the Gingrich campaign back. He’s got JC Watts, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry, Todd Palin, Herman Cain, Art Laffer, Thomas Sowell, now maybe even Sarah Palin. I haven’t seen them anywhere and our caucuses are over the next couple of weeks. He’s got the talent and the backing, but the lack of an effective organization is holding it all back.

alwaysfiredup on March 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM

LOL Newt finished last in Palin’s home state of AK…LAST

Her endorsement is poison.

Redford on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Her endorsement is poison.

Redford on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Which is what I said on C4P the day after she said no. I immediately got banned. Some of the Palinistas are as bad as the Ronulans.

platypus on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Her endorsement is poison.

Redford on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I think she has some strategy behind this but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

B.A. Moderate on March 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM

LOL Newt finished last in Palin’s home state of AK…LAST

Her endorsement is poison.

Redford on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

You do of course realize at some point she will endorse the Republican nominee, right?

Bmore on March 7, 2012 at 8:09 PM

LOL Newt finished last in Palin’s home state of AK…LAST

Her endorsement is poison.

Redford on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

She didn’t announce who she voted for until an hour after the polls closed, moron..:)

idesign on March 7, 2012 at 8:09 PM

ariel on March 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

yep looks like crayon to me…..

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM

idesign on March 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Best not be confusing them with facts, not when they have a meme to push. Sarah Palin is irrelevant. That is the story line they have been pushing since 2008, even after she rallied the conservatives for that amazing 2010 mid term rout. Nothing to see here folks…just move along.

ariel on March 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM

- The statement by Karl Rove underscores that he and Romney’s people are determined to marginalize Sarah Palin and tea partiers.

john.frank on March 7, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Rove and his merry band of Establishment GOPers have been out to discredit Sarah Palin and the Tea Party groups since she and they first arrived on the political scene. He and they are just keeping their time-honored (?) viewpoint alive that says the Establishment GOP knows best and you (us) ignorant, outside-the-beltway rubes just shut the h*ll up and vote for who we tell you to vote for.

One of these days, I’d like to see a Breitbart-like confrontation between someone and Karl Rove — very similar to when Andrew confronted Max Blumenthal at CPAC in 2010 — and basically take him down several notches. It might not do any good, but it will in essence serve him notice that we are absolutely done with his BS.

PatriotGal2257 on March 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Really, do you comprehend english? Since when is the literal go hunting and implication of wishing someone dead, you are damaged!

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

idesign on March 7, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Hey moron, her husband endorsed Newt weeks ago and Sarah has been stating that she would vote for him if she lived in SC.

Newt came in last in Alaska so I guess that means that Todd’s endorsement is poison.

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Where is a death threat?

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Sporty1946 on March 7, 2012 at 7:10 PM

How can he go away when he’s given a voice on Fox and in the Wall Street Journal? He’s deplorable, for sure.

rickv404 on March 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM

“Disrespect Karl Rove, Charles Krauthammer, Coulter and Chris Christie too”

apocalypse on March 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Bmore on March 7, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Are you sure about that? She isn’t in the GOP any more, or so I’ve heard on these threads. Heck, RP claims to be in the GOP and he’s already said his vote isn’t guaranteed.

platypus on March 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Palin didn’t endorse Newt until after the AK polls close. Unless she is supposed to have some psychic ability, she could not have affected the AK result.

What is perplexing is why she didn’t endorse him earlier, if he was good enough to get her vote.

alwaysfiredup on March 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Yeah, he’s (Romney’s) really bad. I can’t believe there’s a single reader of the site who doesn’t realize that I think that.

Allahpundit on March 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Reading between the lines, I have always sensed that that was your take.

If Romney is the candidate, he is going to need a conservative with charisma and solid credentials to drag him over the winning line.

The party powers-that-be have no clue about the temperament of the voters this go round.

onlineanalyst on March 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM

*Palin is through as a national POLITICAL figure.

*if Romney doesn’t throw the election to Obama like it looks like he’s going to to do.

She talked up how she couldn’t run because of her family and what it would do to them (back in October)…….but now…….

……she’s saying she’d do VEEP again or run in 2016?

How is it okay now (or later this Summer to be VEEP again) to put the pressure on her family but it was a deal-breaker just 6 months ago?

……HELLLLLLOOOOOO?

PappyD61 on March 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I feel sorry for you, try not to hurt yourself.

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Where is a death threat?

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Here:

Saraha take Newt hunting and both be gone!

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Buy Danish on March 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Vindictive is more tolerable than a carpet bomber that spends millions to destroy another candidate and the sad thing he wasted millions in 2008 and lost and did not learn a lesson, what a business genius.

evergreenland on March 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Bmore on March 7, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Thinking ahead is not a mittbot characteristic.

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Her endorsement is poison.

Redford on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

platypus on March 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

C4P is just for Palinbots still fantasizing that the Convention will be brokered and the gop delegates will break out into “DRILL BABY DRILL” and “SAR-AH, SAR-AH”. And she’ll be nominated by acclamation.

C4P………..not for those that have any logical abilities.

PappyD61 on March 7, 2012 at 8:18 PM

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I didn’t know Todd was a politician? LOL

And that doesn’t change the fact that Palin didn’t endorse anyone in Alaska.

Deal with it Sparky..:)

idesign on March 7, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I have a feeling Palin did not endorse Gingrich and hasn’t been out there campaigning for him probably to avoid being tied to a Gingrich endorsement forever (like 4 years from now if she runs for President) and also on the outside chance she gets into the race this year somehowsomeway

apocalypse on March 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM

How can Palin describe the vindictive Newt Gingrich as “cheerful”?

Buy Danish on March 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM

LOL. Because he is cheerful, when he’s not pi$$ed off at some douche for drowning the airwaves in negative smear commercials and pretending he’s doing no such thing.

alwaysfiredup on March 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Saraha take Newt hunting and both be gone!

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM
conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM

People tak me hunting alll the time. Im still here.
Again where do you see a death threat?

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Buzzfeed is a member of Journolist 2.0…

d1carter on March 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM

And that is the issue everyone should be focusing on.

Smith is going on a full-court press to save Barry.

budfox on March 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM

BuzzFeed is indeed trying to help Barry any way they can. They released an edited video — a preemptive strike on the Breitbart video to be aired tonight — to MSNBC, who presented a charming little bit of Barry worship.

Syzygy on March 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Allah, answer me this.

How can Karl even make such a statement, since Palin was only asked who she voted for…

an hour after the polls closed?

idesign on March 7, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Anybody not under a rock realizes that Palin has been in the bag (or moonbase) for Newt for months now.

Swerve22 on March 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Ah, when Rove was talking about Palin, he meant Todd, did he? Todd Palin is not an office holder, just an oilman in Alaska and you expect his endorsement to carry weight and snigger that it doesn’t? All the excuse for Rombots being smart is just gone.

promachus on March 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Saraha take Newt hunting and both be gone!

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Chill out.

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Allahpundit on March 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Really? IS that why you filibustered every challenger to Romney and subtly carry water for him at every turn? Or wait a minute, has Romney finally become enough toxic that even his shills in the media are backing away from him?

promachus on March 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

get a clue …….

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Swerve22 on March 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Mabe, maybe not….

It doesn’t change the fact that Rove claimed Palin endorsed Newt in Alaska, when she clearly did not. She was asked who she voted for, an hour after the polls closed. Unless you believe in time travel, Rove is full of sh@t..:)

idesign on March 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Didn’t Karl Rove endorse the geriatric RINO Mike Castle in his failed primary contest against Christine O’Donnell?

Does Rove think snot means something in Delaware?

Emperor Norton on March 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM

promachus on March 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I’m still waiting for polling data from you that shows Palins endorsement was the reason that Newt won SC that you stated on the first page or do you just throw out crap without proof?

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM

get a clue …….

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I was telling the conservative pilgrim to chill out.

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I feel sorry for you, try not to hurt yourself.

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Aw, so thoughtful of you. You should know that “be gone” can be interpreted as a euphemism for “die.” That’s how I read it.

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Chill out.

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Chilling. Thanks for the reminder.

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Occam’s Razor tells us that Palin is just stupid. Like most other issues, her knowledge of political science is less than most bloggers which is saying alot as most of them are idiots too.

echosyst on March 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

The best point is made in the Fox video ….WHY THE HELL ISN’T SHE OUT THERE CAMPAIGNING FOR NEWT?

me says one of 2 things:
It would amplify how irrelevant she has become in this election yr
or
She’s just a big mouth

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM

So if I invite you to go duck hunting, I’ll have the cops at my door?

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

alwaysfiredup on March 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I read he underperforms his polls by 2.3% which is a sign of a poor ground game. That could have made a difference over this campaign season.

KW64 on March 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

WALL-E > Mitt Romatron

apocalypse on March 7, 2012 at 8:33 PM

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

get a clue …….

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

What is it with you? Your posts continue to devolve. I suspect soon they’ll be nothing more than mono-syllabic grunts. Whatever it is your smoking, maybe you’d better lay off…just sayin’.

ariel on March 7, 2012 at 8:33 PM

You are welcome to be obtuse on the matter. I explain myself at 8:29 and will heed JPeterman’s advice.

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

You are looking to have people banned. I’m obtuse?

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

So if I invite you to go duck hunting, I’ll have the cops at my door?

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

alwaysfiredup on March 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Yep. He was running such a postive campaign when this all started. He was articulating conservative beliefs and attacking President Obama where he was weakest. It was awesome….then the smears began and he screwed up and bought into it.

Hang in there Newt!!!

29Victor on March 7, 2012 at 8:36 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM

interpreted…….has nothing to do with english grammer or meaning does it. I wish no personal harm to Newt or Sarah, I just hope they would go away for awhile and remove themselves from this election, nothing good will come from their egos.

JP…sorry!

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

JP…sorry!

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Thanks for clarifying and sorry for jumping on you without an explanation from you.

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:38 PM

KW64 on March 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Heads really ought to roll.

alwaysfiredup on March 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM

cool

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I

Buy Danish on March 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Sigh. It was Newt’s answer at the Arizona debate for a one word self-description. Santorum went with ‘courage’.

Btw, the gov said she wasn’t endorsing in the interview.

wolfsDad on March 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Tokyo Rove = double agent

Rove is so desperate for his Sunset Boulevard cameo by any, any means that the architect of the 2006 elections defeats has forgotten that Mr. deMille has forgotten who faded star Rove is.

I’ve pretty much written Rove off as a smug spoiler. If I want oily political predictions then I’m more likely to consider Dick Morris.

viking01 on March 7, 2012 at 8:42 PM

echosyst on March 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

It is obvious you know nothing of the principle of Ockham’s razor, otherwise you would not be making this remarkably stupid comment. My guess is you heard the term and thought it sounded real cool, so you decided to use it in a sentence. Good for you, using complex principles in sentences, even if you don’t comprehend the meaning.

ariel on March 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I’d only comment that I think Coburn’s Romney endorsement in Oklahoma moved the needle from a blowout for Santorum to a relatively close win…and gained Romney delegates.
I do agree that most endorsements don’t do much…but I do find the LACK of endorsements from those who have worked with him a very telling “NEGATIVE BUMP” for Gingrich.

camaraderie on March 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Okay, we’ve established (whew!) that Sarah never came out and endorsed Newt, and that she merely announced an hour after the polls closed (lest we forget) that she’d voted for him.

So, the question is, will Sarah’s announcement influence anyone in any way going forward? I suspect not.

Syzygy on March 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM

……she’s saying she’d do VEEP again or run in 2016?

We don’t have to worry about her doing VEEP again. Not one of the candidates would be foolish enough to make that choice.

platypus

Mitt most likely IS going to be the eventual nominee. How does that make me or anyone else recognizing this not a conservative? I don’t have to approve of something for it to be true.

xblade on March 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM

You know I use to like Rove- he is just p. o’d that she didn’t endorse his boy Romney!

Bullhead on March 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Rove, Colmes and Obama…the three stooges that make me turn the channel.

mindthegap on March 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Does Rove expect us to forget that he almost went to jail, because he was being ‘too clever by half’ with White House reporters, that
he was sidelined almost as effectively as Sarah from his White House
post, that his ‘compassionate conservatism’ gambit backfired, yet he has consistently dinged her, for the ways of trying to get the message out, and we’ll leave out his protege ‘Dr. Evil’ out of this discussion for once.

narciso on March 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Karl WHO?

microfiction on March 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

So true AP. It’s why Romney will lose. He is there to kick start Bush 2016. Mitt cant connect or pretend to. All presidents in the past have been able to fake empathy. Romney cant do that. He wont even win his home state in the general, presidents should not be so electorally weak at their home

Flapjackmaka on March 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Yeah, he’s really bad. I can’t believe there’s a single reader of the site who doesn’t realize that I think that.

Allahpundit on March 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM

You are an awakened person….now we need to wake everyone else up !!

apocalypse on March 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Palin better watch out. She has a target on her back now that she has come out against the anointed establishment candidate Willard.

Establishment Republicans will not rest till Willard wins the nomination

liberal4life on March 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Wow! Your insight…is mind numbing!
(did you hear Karl say snot?…did you wash your hands?)

KOOLAID2 on March 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Karl Rove will betray you.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM

conservative pilgrim on March 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Where is a death threat?

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

It’s only a death threat if Dick Cheney comes along. :P

TMOverbeck on March 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

JP…sorry!

dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

No problem. Posting with this time warp crap is getting old!

JPeterman on March 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Buy Danish on March 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM

its more truthful than willard claiming to be conservative…

chasdal on March 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Tokyo Rove = double agent

viking01 on March 7, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Yep.

Just because Palin isn’t member of the North American Mitt Bot Love Association (NAMBLA) Rove has his panties in a bunch.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Syzygy on March 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM

sarah and todd both endorsed newt a couple months back. i havent read enough of this thread to see what the ‘nista spin is but im sure it involves a long detailed analysis parsing every word she said to show in a very technical semantic sense she actually didnt endorse newt but when you encourage people to vote for someone thats an endorsement.

chasdal on March 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I want this question answered: How can Romney claim to be a conservative? Severe or otherwise?

SparkPlug on March 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM

chasdal on March 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM

You’ve got link of Sarah endorsing Newt?

idesign on March 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Palin is a tool. Rove is spot on.

Cordell on March 7, 2012 at 7:31 PM

The beltwayasshole speaks…LOL

idesign on March 7, 2012 at 7:38 PM

fixed !!

cableguy615 on March 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Yeah, that Rove endorsement of Kay Bailey Hutchison in 2010 meant snot, didn’t it?

lonestar1 on March 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I think that in Alaska a high percentage of voters are
Independents.

I also that that Independents cannot vote in a republican primary.

If these statements are true, then draw your own conclusions.
However, I request that you use your brains.

Amjean on March 7, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Go Away RINO Rove and don’t let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you !!!!!!

hamradio on March 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Palin’s endorsement is so worthless, Mitt Romney would tell her “no thanks” if she endorsed him in the general, I’m sure./

Buckshot Bill on March 7, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I’ve been wondering ever since this came out about Palin’s vote if that would in any way bring Gingrich up in vote count down the road or not; or, even if it does, if it’s “too little too late”. I’ve been thinking myself that of the remaining 4 Gingrich was the most solid as a conservative. Palin’s vote for him is confirmation of my personal “gut feeling” about him. Keep your eyes on the next primaries coming up; be interesting to see if he wins more now….

PackerFan4Life on March 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM

ariel on March 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM
yep looks like crayon to me…..
dmann on March 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Finger paints

Sonosam on March 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM

she voted for him, thats an endorsement.

Swerve22 on March 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM

swerve 22

just because you vote for someone to keep the process going is not an endorsement. she has endorsed no one and probably won’t

buck taylor on March 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Rove is in the tank for Romney. He is no longer even trying to hide it.

joecollins on March 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

There are times when I believe Rove is a moron, and this is one of those times. In order to make a political point, he points to Palin and says endorsements don’t mean squat. The problem, Palin never, ever, gave Newt an endorsement. In fact, she only answered a question about who she voted for and that was put out too late to be considered an endorsement that would accomplish anything. Now,that she’s said she voted for Newt, it will be interesting to see if she’s willing to come down here and campaign for him and put her abilities on the line, so to speak. My guess is that the millions Romney has spent putting Newt down, have done their job and whatever Sarah Palin could do wouldn’t accomplish much.

One more point. If Newt were to get out, Romney would be free to spend all his millions on doing the same thing to Santorum. I, for one, don’t want to see that happen and would much rather see Romney not getting all the votes and let the chips fall where they may. Personally, I don’t trust Romney to do the right thing, once he’s elected. We’ve just had a President who had no respect for the promises he made when running, do we really want to elect another one.

bflat879 on March 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Since when did the non-Romney’s become the base? If more registered Republicans vote for him over any other candidate, I would say he IS representing the base.

I’m annoyed by the sore losers in our party who think they are the base, when I have never voted for a Dem in over 30 years as a voter.

For all of you who think Romney supporters are RINO’s, you can kiss my …..

Tater Salad on March 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Why was Karl Rove on a conference call with Lehman Brothers, Barclay’s?

steebo77 on March 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Nobody has ever lost money betting against Rove and Dick Morris.

owlpellets on March 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM

……HELLLLLLOOOOOO?

PappyD61 on March 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Hellooooo? That’s a good eight months of not hitting the road campaigning every day and putting up with abuse from both libtards and people within the party. Campaigning as VP is just a couple of months work. Then there’s Trig at four now, maybe he doesn’t handle mom being gone and/or dealing with unfamiliar surroundings. In 2016, he’ll be a bit older and take it as a big adventure. Who knows and who cares? Her priorities seem to be God, family and country, in that order and so be it. Is it her faiult that we have lousy candidates?

Worry about yourself and make sure your vote counts. With Mittness as the nominee, I plan to vote for a conservative and deny my one vote to both Oboobi and Mittness. May not win, but I will be heard, when they tally the votes and wonder why I and many others didn’t support their ‘annoited’.

AH_C on March 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Between Karl Rove and Sarah Palin the one who is a RINO isn’t Rove because he doesn’t work in favor of the Obama team.

Falz on March 8, 2012 at 8:47 AM