Poll: 56% of U.S. adults support Obama’s apology for the Koran-burning

posted at 5:57 pm on March 6, 2012 by Allahpundit

Good news for O, with even a sizable minority of Republicans — 37 percent — backing him.

Is this good news too?

While the spasm of violence that erupted following the incident on a NATO base in Afghanistan does not appear to have significantly altered Americans’ perspective on the war, 66 percent of those polled also said Washington should bring its troops home immediately

Some 76 percent of Democrats said U.S. troops should be withdrawn immediately, compared with 53 percent of Republicans. Seventy percent of independents favored an immediate withdrawal.

I wrote last week that I was eager to see how Republican opinion on withdrawal might tilt after Koran-apalooza. There you go — a clear majority, and the overall number who support immediate withdrawal also seems to be several points higher than it was last summer. But never mind that. If you really want a sense of how strong the wind is blowing here, read this. The Senate’s hawk of hawks, thisclose to washing his hands of the whole project in exasperation?

[Lindsey] Graham, who has been one of the strongest congressional supporters for continuing the U.S. military mission in Afghanistan beyond 2014, said today that unless Karzai relents on his demands that the United States immediately hand over control of Afghan prisoners and end night raids against insurgents, there is no way the U.S. can achieve its objectives in Afghanistan and therefore should just end its involvement there.

“If the president of the country can’t understand how irrational it is to expect us to turn over prisoners and if he doesn’t understand that the night raids have been the biggest blow to the Taliban … then there is no hope of winning. None,” Graham said in the hallways of the Capitol Building just before entering the GOP caucus lunch.

“So if he insists that all the prisoners have to be turned over by March 9 and that we have to stop night raids, that means we will fail in Afghanistan and that means Lindsey Graham pulls the plug. It means that I no longer believe we can win and we might as well get out of there sooner rather than later.”

Remember, the Ulema Council in Afghanistan has tried to use the Koran riots as leverage to get the U.S. to hand over Bagram prison to the government. At last check this morning, they might be on track: An Afghan government source claims the two sides are discussing a six-month timeline to transfer control of the country’s prisons, with some possibly being transferred immediately. If NATO follows through on that, and if the White House follows through on plans to free certain Gitmo detainees as a goodwill gesture to the Taliban, you may see McCain, Graham, and the last remaining hawkish stalwarts in Congress finally shift towards pulling out. Exit question: Are polls like this helpful or unhelpful to Obama? On the one hand, he now has all the political cover he could need to withdraw. On the other hand, it probably doesn’t strengthen our negotiating position with Karzai, Pakistan, and the Taliban if everyone knows that Americans are more anxious than ever to pull the plug, huh?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Interesting.

I’ve always wondered what neoconservatives have against apologies.

I’m not that BIG ON them, but I also don’t see what’s so bad about them.

I would rather advocate for POLICY CHANGES, rather than apologies.

fatlibertarianinokc on March 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM

This poll was commissioned by the lame street media- HA commenters.

Uppereastside on March 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM

56% of U.S. adults support Obama’s apology for the Koran-burning

A nation of cowards unwilling to stand up to 7th century thugs.

sharrukin on March 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM

“There you go — a clear majority, and the overall number who support immediate withdrawal also seems to be several points higher than it was last summer.”

Too bad the ‘Rules of Engagement’ never allowed for Victory…

Seven Percent Solution on March 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Danged either way now.

Withdraw and watch everything go to pot.
Stay and watch everything continue to go to pot.

Logus on March 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Heartache.

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I don’t have any problem with the apology in and of itself.

But what is he doing about the Americans that were murdered by alleged allies?

I guess Obama’s message is that if I hear about someone burning a U.S. flag, it’s okay for me to go out and execute someone for that. And then he’ll apologize to me.

malclave on March 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Um… where is the link to the poll “supporting” Obama’s apology? This article was about pulling out of Afghanistan, and I kind of agree that our position there now is untenable, thanks to that dance known as the Washington Waffle. Most people don’t think anymore that Afghanistan is worth the trouble and treasure and precious lives we wasted on it.

As for that poll, I certainly DO NOT think Obama was right to apologize for the Koran burning. Instead, we should have instituted a big PR push to publicize the reason for the burning (detainees had already defaced the Korans by writing secret war messages in them). Not, I think, that that would make any difference to the Religion of the Perpetually Outraged. Obama’s latest apology, as usual, made us look weak.

RebeccaH on March 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Speak softly and carry a limp stick

Oil Can on March 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Poll: 56% of U.S. adults support Obama’s apology for the Koran-burning

If true, it’s time to buy Al Qaeda War Bonds!

MaiDee on March 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Is Graham going Bob Dole here?

joey24007 on March 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Reuters, huh? Okay, I’d definitely want to see the poll breakdown and the question(s) before buying any of this.

Remember, folks. Always check out the poll breakdown, who they asked and what the question(s) where before buying any of it.

It’s not like they’ve lied/been dishonest to us before, right?

kim roy on March 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Well the bright side is that 44% think that dog don’t hunt.

Limerick on March 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Get the hell out of there. Watch them like hawks and if there is any type of terrorist training camp or similar activity, go in and squash it like a bug. No pussy ROE, break things and kill people,,eventually these cultural throwbacks will get the message. And if they do not,,,read above.

retiredeagle on March 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM

One apology, fine..multiple apologies not so fine..maybe they should reword that poll and ask how the american people feel about the multiple apologies and the outcome from it

sadsushi on March 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM

100% of Islamasist fundamentalist jihadis believe that those 56% of Americans who kinda liked that Koran apology thingie are going to be the first to be eliminated once the New Caliphate crosses our borders.

And probably 100% of worldwide Moslems believe this is perfectly OK.

When the once stout and proud horse shows signs of general weakness…

coldwarrior on March 6, 2012 at 6:08 PM

While the idea of apologizing to these scumbags leaves a sour taste in my mouth, at the end of the day the apology was a zero-cost political maneuver, as far diplomatic relations with Afghanistan is concerned. Might as well just go through the motion to say you did it at least. However, as we see it hasn’t done crap.

I think this highlights a bigger issue with the Afganistan war. I understand the desire for the administration (bush and obama) of wanting to rebuild the nation and making the country into a nation where we won’t end up in the same situation before 9/11 of having the Taliban allowing terrorists to setup camp in the region. However, I think that boat has long sailed and due to this incident is permanently down the crapper. While I think getting so upset about an f’ing book is insane, at the end of day this is the belief system of these people and now they will forever think that the US is a country that burns a book they hold sacred (yet don’t care prisoners were writing in it, figure that). I think the idea of Afganis as whole ever viewing the US in a favorable light in the near future is gone.

So, at this point, just bring our boys home and next time they decide to get out of line, bomb them until they straighten up.

Realclearblue on March 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM

…it probably doesn’t strengthen our negotiating position with Karzai, Pakistan, and the Taliban if everyone knows that Americans are more anxious than ever to pull the plug, huh?

Like ObaMao cares…

cicerone on March 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Personally, I find it more criminal that the facts aren’t being reported accurately than the apology itself. The lame stream media hasn’t bothered to report that there were only four Koran burned, that they had been desecrated by Muslims by writing extremist messages to each other in them, and, according to Islam, the very method to purify a descecrated Koran is to burn it.

ladyingray on March 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Did they ask respondents if they were aware the Afghans were still killing our soldiers after he apologized? Nevermind, I guess that’s not relevant.

Erich66 on March 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Why do you believe those numbers?

Usually there’s an analysis of the cross-tabs. Where is it?

This is just another phony MSM propaganda poll. I’ll bet they had to work hard to get the numbers above 50%.

What was the question? What was the setup? I can rig a poll to come out anyway the client wants, and I’m not an expert.

CrazyGene on March 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

ladyingray on March 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Phffttt…mere details, my dear, mere trifling details.

:-)

It is the MSM, you expect actual facts being given to the masses?

coldwarrior on March 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM

how was the question worded?

sbvft contributor on March 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Obama should apologize for aggressively pushing for our enemy in Egypt. And Tunisia. And Libya. Iraq and Afganistan over the long term can be expected also to fall to our enemies, as this is consistent with the current president’s goal of running our country down, and preaching about some other way of living.

anotherJoe on March 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Actually I’m against Koran burning! So the next time a Koran is set on fire, report it immediately and I’ll run over and piss on it!

MaiDee on March 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM

So,we’re surrending then.

docflash on March 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I’m with Newt on this. Let those miserable people live their own miserable lives in their own miserable country. We don’t need to rescue them from their misery when all they want to do is be miserable.

10 days of round the clock carpet bombing, then get the hell out!

NOMOBO on March 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I keep a Qur’an next to the john in case I run out of Charmin…sorry.

DHChron on March 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM

And probably 100% of worldwide Moslems believe this is perfectly OK.
When the once stout and proud horse shows signs of general weakness…
coldwarrior on March 6, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Example 1, of what Mitt Romney is talking about when he talks about “outrageous” type statements.

Look man, I get that there are Muslim fundamentalists who want to kill us because they view us as devoid of morals and lacking in faith in the one true god to them. But you cannot possibly actually believe in the real veracity of your statement here.

Boomer_Sooner on March 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I don’t think the soldiers who were killed after the apology would agree with that poll.

chewmeister on March 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Bring our troops home and out of harm’s way and let the Muslims kill each other if they want to. “Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear” still holds true. And, let this be the last damn time we win a war, and then turn around and be the lackeys of the occupied country.

scgas on March 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Poll: 56% of U.S. adults support Obama’s apology for the Koran-burning

Allahpundit on March 6, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Barack Hussein Obama > American Zombies

apocalypse on March 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

This will make it really hard to argue against the “just make the other country a parking lot and leave” crowd the next time we get attacked. I for one remember people saying things like that after 9/11.

txmomof6 on March 6, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I don’t believe it.

JellyToast on March 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Nobody asked me. I don’t support obama’s idiotic apology or anything else he does. Just sayin’.

Pork-Chop on March 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Good , maybe they will only cut 56% of my head off !

Lucano on March 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Oh, and btw, when is Obama going to apologize to this country for all the damage and misery he has caused?

chewmeister on March 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM

ladyingray – But you see, we’re infidels, and they’re not.

Besides, they’d probably come up with some loophole excuse – if they were pressed on it besides ignoring it. Likely the messages were written on the borders of the page, not within the lines of text. But, we’ll never know.

I have a Quran that’s in English. Some of the writing is in Arabic, but mostly in the front and introductory pages.

On one of the initial pages as well as the very first surah, there is clearly white out and Arabic written over it with a pen.

In one case it was evident that there was a misspelling. In the other case, it was clear that the seller/publisher/distributor didn’t want to offend an English reader.

When I confronted some Muslims about this, they made various excuses, one or two did say the book needed to be destroyed or taken from me, but others tried to downplay it. Either way, the copy was seen as not a “real” copy of the Quran since it was in English, and I shouldn’t have it since I’m not a Muslim nor interested in becoming one.

The copy in question is quite interesting. It’s a piece of dawah as it’s full of commentary, with lots of lovely things to say about Jews and Christians. /

I make it a habit to keep it on the floor – or at least below my Bibles on the bookshelf – and to read it while in the bathroom.

Logus on March 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I doubt that even 10% of these people polled have a clue what they gave their “opinions” on.

JannyMae on March 6, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Boy, he’s really looks like Alfred E. Newman.

Blake on March 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

It’s not like they’ve lied/been dishonest to us before, right?

kim roy on March 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Call me a cynic…

It would not surprise me in the least that this is a conclusion with a contrived poll designed to support it.

If the MSM tells you that you are on fire DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. They are liars, bold faced liars who are so very impressed with the false notion of their superiority and of the power they think they hold over you.

Screw ‘em. Don’t watch their broadcasts, don’t read their newspapers, don’t visit their websites.

They are not worthy of your time or attention.

turfmann on March 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Like I said earlier, the Obamamedia push polls are hittin’ hard today. Something must be cratering in their actual, for-democrat-operative-eyes-only Obama polls. He’s in deep trouble.

Rational Thought on March 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Oh crap . Cut 54 % of my head off !

Lucano on March 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM

A poll from Reuters? Really?

jawkneemusic on March 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM

can someone answer this question for me:

were most people in this country raised by p_ssies???

i’m serious.

i guess i was lucky. my mother was raised on a farm and took after her father, who was a hard working MAN. a MAN who knew right from wrong and would never take any B.S. from anyone.

and when i say MAN, i mean someone opposite of obama.

GhoulAid on March 6, 2012 at 6:30 PM

MaiDee on March 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM

The human urinary system is a marvel of nature. That nature has devised such intricate organs that can so efficiently and completely rid the blood system of toxins, store them and excrete them (in a sterile form mind you) is nothing short of miraculous. Without this system, you would perish post haste.

Therefore, I suggest that you have a little more respect for your urine than to desecrate it by spilling it upon a Koran. The Koran is not worthy of it.

turfmann on March 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Sorry-ass bunch of “adults”. It also speaks badly for the state of this poor sick Republic.

rplat on March 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM

chewmeister on March 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM

You’re right. After the apology there was little to no reporting on the continued violence so the morons think that Obama stopped the violence with his apology.

batterup on March 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I STRONGLY doubt the accuracy of this “poll”.

KMC1 on March 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM

BOHICA

kirkill on March 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Boomer_Sooner on March 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Having lived and worked in the Moslem world…I stand by my statement.

Weakness is never something that the Arab Street, the Moslem world, respects. And if it is not worthy of respect, then it is to be treated like vermin.

coldwarrior on March 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM

chewmeister on March 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM

No, but the one’s that were saved or created do.

BigWyo on March 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM

We are the 44%

infidel4life on March 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Just shows that 56% is ignorant of the facts. Next.

Sporty1946 on March 6, 2012 at 6:41 PM

It is the MSM, you expect actual facts being given to the masses?

coldwarrior on March 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I know. I am so naive.

ladyingray on March 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM

A Reuters poll? Slightly left-leaning, don’t you think?

RMCS_USN on March 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM

That picture of The One winking caused a distinct ripple of angry, violent thoughts to surge through my body……. crap…..Sorry, me too Rush.

Spider79 on March 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

MaiDee on March 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I’ll bring the bacon before you get there. So don’t hurry.

Sporty1946 on March 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I don’t know about the topic, but that’s the smarmiest photo of Obama, smirking at the world.

Paul-Cincy on March 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM

So 56% approve of our solders getting killed.

Kini on March 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM

May they all be done in, bowing.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM

what is the % of people that enjoy burning Korans? I bet it’s a smaller % that the % of Muslims that enjoy killing infidels.

kirkill on March 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM

“Polls are for strippers and cross country skiers.”

- Sarah Palin.

What Obama did was not appropriate.

By the way, when will Karzai apologize for the 76 coalition troops murdered by our Afghanistan “allies?”

No Apologies from Karzai for 76 Murdered Coalition Troops

Islamic [Insert Pretext Here] Rage

john.frank on March 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM

If only Obama was as concerned about religious sensitivities in the US….

Ahem…

Resist We Much on March 6, 2012 at 7:19 PM

That’s because so few know WHY they were burned. The LSM strikes again!

UnderstandingisPower on March 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM

It was the wrong thing to do. People in that culture see an apology as nothing more than an admission of guilt and a sign of weakness. The word forgiveness is not even in their vocabulary. By apologizing we egged them on and got more of our people killed. I’m so disgusted.

Tomolena1 on March 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM

..as with everything Obama does…this will help him politically.
But the bigger picture and History will show this as nothing more than surrender.
So yea…..if losing a war is what you want your legacy to be…Obama is doing a damn good job of it.

Baxter Greene on March 6, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Heartache.

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Yea…Obama promised to win the “good war” and instead is running out with the Taliban celebrating defeating “the great satan”.

Obama got Osama but lost the War!!!!

Baxter Greene on March 6, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Poll: 56% of U.S. adults support Obama’s apology for the Koran-burning

When are we going to see the poll for how many think Obama should demand an apology and accountability for our Soldiers being killed.

Baxter Greene on March 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Poll: 56% of U.S. adults support Obama’s apology for the Koran-burning

When are we going to see a poll for how “effective” Obama’s apologies are?

The riots and killings go on….so what was the point of apologizing.

It calmed no one down and the Taliban have stated repeatedly that the apologies mean nothing.

So why risk showing any weakness if their is no strategic gain from it????

These polls mean nothing because they don’t address the real issues.
You can have a leader apologize for a mistake….it is not surprising that many people don’t have a problem with it…..but groveling like we do now has done nothing more than show us to be weak and has not “calmed” anything down at all.

Baxter Greene on March 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Got a link to the planks of the negotiating position?

America went straight from ignorance of Islam to fear/respect for Islam and skipped over knowing Islam.

Life is tough, tougher when you don’t know your enemy. This unpleasantness with noble Islam will never cease while you maintain your ignorance. Compound that with a thousand well ensconced Muslim Wormtongues in the halls of power and the odds are you never will in time to avoid major trouble.

BL@KBIRD on March 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM

JannyMae on March 6, 2012 at 6:25 PM

…it was probably like those man on the street interviews Leno and Letterman do!

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I wonder how many of these 56% support apologizing just because they “support the troops” and our generals have been falling all over themselves to apologize and apologize and apologize to muslims and islam and the koran and mohammad. I would guess a fair number, and if so this is just yet another example of how, under it’s current traitorous generals, the military is now more an enemy of America than a friend.

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM

A nation of cowards unwilling to stand up to 7th century thugs.

sharrukin on March 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM

At least most Americans, unlike our fallen military, are not serving Islam.

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM

If Patton were still alive, he would have all army generals and most Marine generals shot.

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 7:59 PM

…it was probably like those man on the street interviews Leno and Letterman do!

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Pretty much.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Still waiting for an apology from the so-called moderate Moslem community here in the US for the atrocious murder spree of Major Hassan…among others who have murdered Americans ( and quite a few of their own) in the name of the religion of peace.

coldwarrior on March 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Don’t forget Reuters’ behavior during the Lebanon War. They are as Islamist-friendly as Al Jazeera.

Connie on March 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM

coldwarrior on March 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM

How about an apology for apologizing to vermin from our military?

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM

And speaking of Army Major Hassan, how about our army ever getting around to prosecuting him and then shooting him? Or at least can they get around to stop paying him tens of thousands a year anyway?

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM

And Karzai and company want to try the Americans involved, to include those in the chain of command, in Afghan court for this heinous act against Islam….

Four effin books…paper and ink…which had already been defaced by jihadis…the Afghans get to murder our foks with impunity….and we cower?

If Obama says to remand any Americans over to Afghan authorities…

coldwarrior on March 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM

coldwarrior on March 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Well when our generals drop their pants and back up to them and bend over what else would one expect?

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Read a Koran. It is sickening. It is madness. Mein Kampf does not even come close.

We ought to apologize to the people of Afghanistan for not burning them all after 9/11.

fadetogray on March 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM

All of this is the logical outcome of that SOB Petraeus, a big hero to many of you, and his Book of COIN, aka wining muslim hearts-and-minds.

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 8:15 PM

fadetogray on March 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM

David Petraeus calls it “The Holy Qur’an” and says it must be shown great respect. Of course he is a no good son of a bitch.

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM

fadetogray on March 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Oh but David Petraeus calls it “The Holy Qur’an” and says it must be shown great respect. Of course he is a traitorous bastard who puts even muslim “sensitivities” above America, Western Civilization, humanity and the lives and limbs of American troops.

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Connie on March 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM

And Al Jazeera is almost half as islam friendly as the U.S. Army, so that’s a lot.

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM

As the MSM continues to wither on the vine, while moderate and conservative outlets grow, these kind of dumbass polls will dwindle away, and America will be a far safer and better nation for it.

As for the poll iteself: What was the wording of the question? What are the internals of the sample? How, EXACTLY, was the poll conducted (i.e. what was the methodology)?

I wonder what the results of this poll would have been if this were mid-September, 2001?

minnesoter on March 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Yahweh, David Petraeus
Would never okay the way you do your thing
Ding ding ding, ding ding ding
And you’ll get yours, David Petraeus
Coddlin’ and sidin’ with that Islam stuff like you do
Boo hoo hoo, boo hoo hoo

Where have you gone, George S. Patton?
America turns its longing eyes to you
What’s that you say, David Petraeus?
You have banished ‘ol Blood and Guts far far away
Hey hey hey, hey hey hey

Coo coo ca-choo, Mr. Pentagon
Mohammad appreciates you more than you will know
Woo woo woo, woo woo woo
You think Allah blesses you, yes, Mr. Pentagon
And that he may grant mercy to those who America betray
Hey hey hey, hey hey hey

Cheshire Cat on March 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Dhimmi Nation

Disturb the Universe on March 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Do the other 44% support looser Rules of Engagement and making grease stains of most of those rioting?

LoganSix on March 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM

How about just ending Operation Enduring Insanity. I think that over 10 years of this cluster frack is more than enough. Good God, we have got the stupidest generals of any army on the face of the planet. They aren’t even capable of learning.

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Reuters???? You are citing a Reuters poll?? Has Reuters ever said anything negative about Obama? They are part of the MFM.Keep this stuff to yourself Allahpundit.

Ken James on March 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM

This is what happens when all you superstitious lemmings buy into super-naturalism (religion)and give it a hall pass from common sense.

Bandit13 on March 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM

But what is he doing about the Americans that were murdered by alleged allies?

That’s workplace violence. Different department.

wolfsDad on March 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

D!ckhead

DevilsPrinciple on March 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM

This poll was commissioned by the lame street media- HA commenters.

Uppereastside on March 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Lame street media? That’s a new one.

You’re not very good at this whole ridicule thing, are you?

Bishop on March 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM

The Afghans had a nation. It was a nation where women were brutalized, and no 10 year old boy was safe from his uncles, but it was their nation.

I suggest that we withdraw. But after that…nothing. None of this “Pottery Barn” rule crap. Afghanistan has always been broken, no one is going to fix it.

But when we leave, we leave. No humanitarian missions, no foreign aid, nothing. Not one damn dime.

The only money we should spend as far as Afghanistan goes is for the production of Napalm to use to burn the opium crop every year. As well as HE for flattening any place that is suspected of being used to help al-Queda or any other terrorists.

We can do that…we have the technology.

If the Afghans starve….well, that’s too bad. Their government ought to do something about that…but not ours.

schmuck281 on March 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Let’s just level the place when we leave and let that be a warning to Syria and Iran.

DevilsPrinciple on March 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Poll: 56% of U.S. adults support Obama’s apology for the Koran-burning

I don’t buy the leftist media propaganda.

Happy Nomad on March 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM