Don Imus found to be Don Imus

posted at 8:45 am on March 6, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Your Super Tuesday War on Women update finds the battlefield shifting to an area that doesn’t involve any actual women. Wading into the fray this time is a well known, sober, principled, even toned observer of the human condition… Don Imus. The aging shock jock decided to add his two cents to the current kerfuffle embroiling Rush Limbaugh, doing so in his usual, measured, analytical style.

During Monday’s news updates on Fox Business Network’s Imus In The Morning, host Don Imus went off on Rush Limbaugh‘s weekend apology to Sandra Fluke, calling Limbaugh a “fat, gutless, pill-popping loser.”

Imus expressed anger over Limbaugh’s apology, pointing out that it was done on his website and not in person.

“A lame apology on his website, in which he says he didn’t mean to personally attack her,” Imus said, “is gutless.” Imus took issue with Limbaugh’s “sustained, vile, personal attack” on Fluke over three days, and said that if he’s going to apologize, you have to “go sit down with her” and apologize.

As Andrew McCarthy reminds us, this is the same guy who saw a lot of conservatives go to bat for him after he lost his own advertisers – and his job – for referring to the Rutgers women’s basketball team as a group of “nappy headed hos.” Having clearly learned his lesson from that sorry episode, he seems to have decided to correct Rush’s use of insulting language by… (OK, now I have a headache.)

For his next trick, Don will probably jump on the bandwagon with Steny Hoyer and suggest that Rush be sued. And then Rush can sue Imus. And Imus can sue Fluke. Pretty soon all of the available courts will be so tied up with this nonsense that there won’t be any judges left over to determine who wins Ohio next November.

A final thought on the absurdity of all this from McCarthy:

So naturally, Imus — a recovering alcoholic and drug addict — ripped Rush Limbaugh this morning as a “fat, gutless, pill-popping loser.” Perfect. Of course, as Rush eloquently explained today in publicly apologizing, yet again, to Sandra Fluke, his error in judgment was to succumb to a temptation at odds with the personality fans have come to know, and the person friends have come to know, over the past 25 years: the temptation to resort to the base language of unfounded personal insult — the language that is the Left’s stock-in-trade and that Imus often seems unable to complete a sentence without. The post-Rutgers Imus, much like the pre-Rutgers Imus, is a well-trained house pet. He’s got down perfectly when you need to grovel, when you can afford to be sanctimonious, and which targets are safe for his bile-laced tirades.

It is, as Andrew points out with more than a little venom on his tongue, a true “profile in courage.” The only good news out of all this – at least for the time being – is found in the economy. Champagne companies should shortly be recording record profits on the back of all the parties that the Democrats are throwing this week.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

liberal4life on March 6, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Good Lord! Obama spent his last years of high school in a drug induced daze!

There is a huge difference between using drugs recreationally and getting addicted to pain meds. It happens to liberals too.

ctmom on March 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM

And Imus is, WHAT EXACTLY?

Delsa on March 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Rush has owned the news cycle for nearly a week with this. Everyone in radio would like to have Rush Limbaugh to build a network around. Imus is a weasel trying to get a free ride. He’d be better off getting a new embalmer.

SurferDoc on March 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Ok. We are talking about Imus, right? The Don Rickles of political talkers who insults the crap out of everyone like its his job? This outrageous outrage over outrage is ridiculous. Rush probably dared him to say it.

BrideOfRove on March 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Rush lives for this stuff. Lives.for.it. The longer he keeps it going the better.

BrideOfRove on March 6, 2012 at 1:06 PM

bandutski on March 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Fairness

Level playing field

Choice

Access

Tolerance

Civility

Equality

As with “Joy” Behar, all have the opposite meaning with Liberals than what you would think.

Resist We Much on March 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Imus always has been a raging, liberal queen. To this day, I don’t know how the douche ended up with Fox.

joe btfsplk on March 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM

probably has plaques in his arteries

nparga23 on March 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Don’t tell me! He has statues in his intestines, too!

Allah, what a joke you are!

Resist We Much on March 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Imus is a typical idiot liberal…. with total selective memory.

ultracon on March 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Resist We Much

Good point. I guess that means we need to add the word “outraged” to the list as well. Their “outraged” at anything a conservative has to say, but never seem to be bothered by anything a liberal says.

bandutski on March 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Sounds like a takes one to know situation?

krome on March 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

And Imus is, WHAT EXACTLY?

Delsa on March 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Great question. I was on a business trip to NY area last year, actually spent a few months there, and was listening to talk radio on my commute to/fro. Not sure how and why would anyone even contemplate considering Imus to be a Republican/conservative/whatever, he is an out and out liberal in his views and guests he invites. Makes no sense with most of his views on any subject and spews nothing but liberal demagoguery all the time. Saw his wife on Hannety last week, same moronic liberal views. Sadly, could not stand listening to Smerkonish, either. Another RINO.

Who cares what Imus has to say on the subject.

riddick on March 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM

And Imus is, WHAT EXACTLY?

Delsa on March 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM

He is the exact guy that called basketball team of black women “Nappy Headed Hos”……that what.

oldroy on March 6, 2012 at 1:30 PM

His photo reminds me of Hillary Clinton.

Fuquay Steve on March 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Don Imus: A scrotum in a comboy hat!

Art on March 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM

That’s a face?
“He chose…poorly.”

Coronagold on March 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM

“He chose…poorly.”

Coronagold on March 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Hey man, the 80′s called, they want you to send the movie reference back to when it was relevant.

Machismo on March 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM

A little of topic, but I have a question that none of my liberal friends can answer so I thought maybe someone on here could provide some insight. In sex ed in school, they won’t teach abstinence because they say it is unrealistic to expect these children to be able to control their hormones. To that end they teach them everything there is to know about sex, as well as provide free contraception, so that they can have safe sex. They also teach the boys that when a girl says no, she means NO. Wait a minute, I have to have sex because my hormones are so out of control that I just can’t help myself, but when she says no, I have to stop. Talk about a conundrum.

bandutski on March 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I meant to say “off topic”

bandutski on March 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM

bandutski on March 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Yes I see your point SEE “Rape Free Tents” I know what you are thinking, why not just go the Burka route, it would allow women more freedom of movement……Don’t trouble yourself over progressives inconsistencies toward women’s sexual equality….anyway according to Whoopi Goldberg, It’s not rape -rape.

Dr Evil on March 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Silence from Carbonite as its Stock Price Tanks (Updated)

That doesn’t look so good LOL!

Rush Limbaugh has an audience of 20 million some folks just can’t do the math.

Dr Evil on March 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Meanwhile, Carbonite’s stock price has reportedly fallen to near a 52-week low.

Heh

Dr Evil on March 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM

A pathetic attempt to gain publicity. Nothing more.

Russ in OR on March 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Meanwhile, Carbonite’s stock price has reportedly fallen to near a 52-week low.
Heh
Dr Evil

That’s a real knee slapper alright. Their stocks drop, they have to downsize and put more people out of work. Families can’t pay their bills, they lose their homes. That’s hysterical (not).

bandutski on March 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM

bandutski on March 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I hope they all remember it was their democrat boss who made the decision to pull the advertising next November when they go to vote. It is funny another Obama supporter just added to the high unemployment numbers.

Dr Evil on March 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Poor Don’s entire career has been built on his spitting out the first things that comes to mind. Recall the nappy head thing? Guess the only cowboy figures if he had to grovel and kiss butt, so should Rush. Don has done some good, and after all, he is just selling time. It’s a shame, he used to be more entertaining, now he just doesn’t much matter.

StevC on March 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM

They do what they do best.

bandutski on March 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Rush Limbaugh has an audience of 20 million some folks just can’t do the math.

Dr Evil on March 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM

You’re not kidding. The Progs are screaming with joy about the two stations that have dropped Rush. I wonder how those stations audience share and ad revenues look after Rush’s audience doesn’t stick around for “Gardening with Glenda.”

It’s not like the Left is going to support them. The Left only uses and doesn’t stick around for the long haul. Ask Cindy Sheehan. :-)

Resist We Much on March 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Imus likes to set his hair afire frequently. I wish no one would put out fire next time.

Fuquay Steve on March 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Meanwhile, the college coed has been given celebrity status and the liberal media can’t get enough of her playing the poor victim, while at the same time, encouraging folks to head on over to Media Matters. What a farce this whole thing has become, and how grossly immature the young lady is who saw fit to take what should be intimate details about her sex life to Capital Hill in her quest for free condoms. This country has become an Onion parody.

scalleywag on March 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM

– Don Imus

Does anybody remember if Imus personally apologized to the basketball team or did Imus apologize on the air?

I don’t remember Imus personally apologizing but I may be wrong.

Kingfisher on March 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM

both Rush and Imus are scum if you go by their drug use and multiple marriages
3 marriages, drug user,fat

nparga23

Wow, six marriages total. That’s small compared to the “revolving door” marriages that routinely occur in Hollywood.

Get back to us when you libs finally clean up Hollywood in this matter.

Kingfisher on March 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM

both Rush and Imus are scum if you go by their drug use and multiple marriages
3 marriages, drug user,fat

nparga23

Well, if he hadn’t gotten drunk and killed himself in a drunk driving accident, I’m sure that your President’s father would have beat both Rush and Imus…COMBINED.

He was married four times…that we know of.

Of course, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr, was noteworthy anyway. Unlike Rush and Imus, he was a bigamist. On the day that Baby Barack was born, Daddy had two wives.

Hey! There’s a book he can write!

Heather Has Two Mommies!

Barack Has Two Wives!

Resist We Much on March 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM

He was married four times…that we know of….and he was still a young man.

Fixed.

Resist We Much on March 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Huh, I thought Don Imus was dead.

Wallythedog on March 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM

If you get an outfit, you can be a horse’s ass too.

esblowfeld on March 6, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Imus is a slut.

flataffect on March 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Silence from Carbonite as its Stock Price Tanks (Updated)

That doesn’t look so good LOL!

Rush Limbaugh has an audience of 20 million some folks just can’t do the math.

Dr Evil on March 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Sad but true. Funny thing is, I was finally ready to subscribe to Carbonite (and yes I’m a rush 24/7 listener & subscriber) the day after the “incident”, before it really took off in the press.

I honestly didn’t hear about the Carbonite pullout, but read about it on HA!

Nevertheless, I quickly pulled my order from Carbonite: I will buy a few more hard drives and use those for local storage.

Since i was listening to the show that day I did kinda wince at his choice of words because that was unusual for him. However, I understand the context of where he’s going with it…he just wasn’t the right market to try it.

BlaxPac on March 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Really Don?? Are YOU really going to say something about Rush?
Don, you really aren’t that bright, I remember you saying something like “nappy hair girls”. Really?!!

mmcnamer1 on March 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Imus is just jealous he didn’t call her a slut first

phreshone on March 6, 2012 at 4:54 PM

At first I thought the headline was Don Imus found dead. To which I though “he’s not dead already?” Just looks like he is I guess.

Write Wing on March 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

LOL

magone on March 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM

BrideOfRove on March 6, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Right answer.

MJBrutus on March 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM

LOL, I thought Imus passed away a couple years ago.
He looks like he has been mummified.

p51d007 on March 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM

And Rush Limbaugh is supposed to care about what a washed-up, worn-out, racist, alcoholic cokehead has to say? Hey, isn’t this the same Imus that calls himself a “minister”, ordained by some stupid, fly-by-night, fake “Christian” church? Yeah, real ministerial. I’ll bet he’s drinking buddies with Wright and Farrakhan (and probably calls them ni**ers, behind their backs). Something tells me this skid mark wouldn’t say what he said to Rush’s face.

Virus-X on March 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Don Imus died a couple of years ago and nobody told him I guess.

joey24007 on March 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM

both Rush and Imus are scum if you go by their drug use and multiple marriages
3 marriages, drug user,fat

nparga23

Hey, Hillary, I am thinking of adopting this girl, Monica.
Bill, I told you before, we don’t need another mouth in the family.

One happy marriage. Per liberal standards.

riddick on March 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Lest we forget. After he got in hot water for the “nappy headed ho’s” comment, Imus went on Al Sharpton’s ridiculous MSNBC program and got down on his knees and gave him the hummer of all time, figuratively speaking.

Sharpton just laughed at him and said he should be off the television anyway.

Imus is long past his “sell by” date and at best is irrelevant.

Spots the Dog on March 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM

This story just jumped the shark.</a.

Mr. Joe on March 6, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Did somebody shite in Imus’ hat?

potvin on March 6, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Imus needs a new mortician.

chewmeister on March 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Don Imus died a couple of years ago and nobody told him I guess.

joey24007 on March 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Maybe Imus is part of the cast for The Walking Dead.

He certainly wouldn’t need makeup.

Hmm, maybe he’s Keith Richards’ secret twin brother.

Kingfisher on March 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Don Imus? I thought he died a few years ago after Jerry Nachman.

Ah well, after this he can go back to the obscurity of people’s has-been/never-was deadpools.

I don’t believe that most betting people would have ranked David Carradine ahead of Imus. I know I didn’t.

Jones Zemkophill on March 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM

And a nappy-headed ho

TexasJew on March 7, 2012 at 1:23 AM

This is sublime.Conservatives arguing over which right wing commentator is the biger scumbag.

plewis on March 7, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Skinny assed coke snorting drunken vacuous loser! See I can do it too. Nothing special about you Don. Imus has permanently lost me as a morning drive time listener. No big deal for him, I’m sure. But I’ll betcha I’m not the only one.

Tomolena1 on March 7, 2012 at 10:45 AM

In attacking Rush Limbaugh the way he did, in using the words he chose to use, Imus showed he is no better than Limbaugh. He did not have to call him ‘fat’ or make any reference to his past personal battle with pain medication. What Rush Limbaugh did was WRONG. Finally, though, the hypocrisy here, remembering how Imus was actually booted off the air for similar comments in the past, is deafening.

easyt65 on March 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Skinny assed coke snorting drunken vacuous loser!

Tomolena1 on March 7, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I’m pretty sure the I-Man has called himself that (or something close to it) before. If not, send that to Degan McDowell! I think she might just use it.

EconomicNeocon on March 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM