Allen West on VP chatter: I’m willing and ready to serve in whatever capacity

posted at 10:30 am on March 6, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Sarah Palin suggested it and, now, Allen West says he’d consider it. On Starting Point with Soledad O’Brien this morning, the Florida Republican Congressman recounted his unexpected and relatively quick journey to his present position of prominence and said he’d be equally willing to take on a vice presidential run.

“As far as the Vice President thing, you know, who knows,” he said. “Because it wasn’t too long ago I was sitting in the desert of Kandahar, Afghanistan, and now I’m here talking with you. … I am always willing and ready to serve my country in whatever capacity that the American people would desire.”

Sarah Palin was far from the first person to think that Allen West would be a compelling choice for the No. 2 spot on the ticket. Our own Patrick Ishmael has included Allen West as a potential VP candidate in Hot Air readership polls for months — and Hot Air readers have frequently vaulted him to the top of their preferred list. Still, Palin, as a former particularly energizing VP candidate herself, put West on the national vice presidential radar.

He’d make a better counterbalance to Mitt Romney than to Rick Santorum, though. The DNC and Debbie Wasserman Schultz will already hammer Santorum on “women’s issues.” Can you imagine the vengeance if West — who has directly called out DWS for her unladylike behavior — were on the ticket, too?

Regardless of whether he catapults to the national stage after a single term as a freshman congressman, though, West’s keen sense of patriotism and fresh tell-it-like-it-is approach to politics will ensure his popularity for years to come.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

KeninCT The consequence for your behavior is blindness.

Bmore on March 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

The post I’ve tried 4 times now still isn’t showing. But these comments in between seem to get in. WTF?

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I understand what you’re saying. But you must admit, if you get caught doing these kind of things there will be consequences.

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Saving people’s lives is a horrible thing to have on your conscience. Check it out… its near courage and conviction. Some people are capable of making that choice – its an element of leadership.

VietVet_Dave on March 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

You don’t draft West to get the black vote, it’s already going to Obummer. West would get the votes of those white folks who feel guilty for not voting for a black man, and so they can avoid being called a racist . Prepare for West to be called all sorts of names, though. A black conservative is especially hated by the spittle spewing left.

mgt on March 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I hate identity politics, but the left exploits it to their advantage so we must as well.

I like West, but I don’t see him really helping Romney like Rubio would. West would get the base excited, but Rubio would too and would bring more Latinos into the fold than West would blacks – by a wide margin.

90% of blacks have been programmed since birth that it is their racial obligation to vote for democrats. And, since I would say that 65% (conservatively) could not even tell you who the current Speaker of the House is, you’re not going to win any of them over with a ticket with a black Republican. The best you can hope for is that they won’t turn out.

West is kind of a bomb-thrower who will turnoff some independents, but Rubio hits about as hard without hitting below the belt. He’s probably 2nd to maybe only Newt in the way he can dismantle liberal constructs, without all of his baggage.

The Count on March 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Yes to Allen West! He is an outspoken patriot who has put his life on the line in service to his country and sacrificed his career to save the lives of his men. He loves America and values liberty. He recognizes the threat of radical Islam and can speak knowledgeably about it, and he knows a stealth Marxist when he sees one. He’s a fighter and an excellent speaker, and overall is the most inspiring politician I’ve seen in a long time.

Cara C on March 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Well, whoever it will be(Romney, Gingrich, Santorum) they will be hammered for being white.. That will be their meme all day long.

I would love West, Rubio, Palin, needs to be someone young, vibrant, outspoken….

reshas1 on March 6, 2012 at 12:30 PM

VietVet_Dave on March 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I appreciate you trying to educate BarbieinCT about courage and conviction, however I’m afraid that it is a losing battle. Reading it’s post over the last few weeks leads one to the conclusion that he/she/it is never going to learn.

D-fusit on March 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Allen West would be a fantastic pick as VP, honestly i wanted him to run for the presidency because i havn’t yet meet a politician like West who can articulate conservative principles in such a concise and forthright manner. He is dead clear when he makes his statements and i can’t think of anyone else that conservatives can get fired up about in this current field, West is a lock for VP, if Romney gets the nomination he’ll need West to even have one iota of a chance to fire up the conservative sector of America due to his limp wristed policy positions, flip-flopping, and evasion whilst sporting his shit eating grin

golembythehudson on March 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

You may be using a word that the filters block or a link.

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Attempt #7

blockquote>Colonel Angrypants went a little crazy, terrorized a defenseless detainee and had to be restrained by his own troops. He’s a nut.
KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

You really should try to refrain from commenting in areas where you prove yourself to be clueless.
Go read something other than dailykos to get the true story.

D-fusit on March 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM

D-fusit got it right. An Article 15 is not the same as a Court Martial and does not directly lead to getting kicked out of the military – it’s the military equivalent of getting a traffic ticket. I know fighter pilots who made full-bird Colonel with multiple Articles 15 on their record. What he did saved lives – he did not go crazy, he was not restrained by his soldiers, and we need more people like him leading our military. But given his years in service and his chances of getting promoted further with the Article 15 in the current PC environment, he made the decision himself to go ahead and retire – as many officers do at or beyond 20 years.

Get a clue.

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Well I think Huntsman would make a fine VP. I also think Perry would be a good choice. I like West, but there’s too much liberal hate towards him to carry him through. Same with Palin, although both of them would be good VP there’s too much vitriol out there against them.

scalleywag on March 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I love Allen West but I’m in love with Marco Rubio. NTTAWWT.

slug on March 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

slug on March 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Jindal is a governor. Go with Jindal!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

slug on March 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

i don’t know about Rubio, to me he seems like to much of a politician, i support him and think he would do a great job as a senator in Florida, but i think a lot of the hype around him is due to his ethnicity, and i’m uncomfortable with this whole ethnic pandering gambit, we should attract latinos due to common beliefs, not because there is a candidate on the ticket with a similar name or skin color

golembythehudson on March 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Newt/West 2012…!!!

Seven Percent Solution on March 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Lovely…

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride……

dddave on March 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

@Esoteric … good points, well other than the experience thing that didn’t matter in ’08. However, I’m not so sure that this country doesn’t need a kick in the “John Brown hind parts” coming from the right, and if I am right, then Col. West would be just the man to administer that kick! Oh, and being VP would certainly help position him in, um, future elections.
@that individual in CT – Col. West may be a lot of things, but “coward” certainly isn’t one of them. Why don’t you try to make your arguments without the name calling, huh?

mel23059 on March 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM

You may be using a word that the filters block or a link.

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I guess – attempt #7 showed up after I deleted the link to a CNN article.

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

D-fusit on March 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

He/She/It –> masochist that can’t offer a valid counterpoint. Comes to HA to get a daily dose, I guess.

VietVet_Dave on March 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM

He wants to be VP because he will not be able to hold his current job.

lexhamfox on March 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

A controversial, loudmouthed/outspoken, freshman congressman? What could go wrong?

This is flat out crazy. Anyone who thinks West is an acceptable choice as a VP nominee simply has no clue whatsoever.

joana on March 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Give us your suggestion, o great moby!

katy the mean old lady on March 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

scalleywag on March 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Congressman Jim Moran summed up the left’s position on West. They hate him because he is a black conservative. In the mind of a commie like Moran, West is a traitor to his race because he has “left the Dem plantation.”

Happy Nomad on March 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Given the current batch of candidates, I would prefer to see a ticket with any combination of any 2 of West, Rubio, Jindal, Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, Inhoffe, and maybe even Christie (although I don’t like his AGW stand).

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

LTC West has my vote anytime he wants it. What he did to save his troopers lives earned him my loyalty and undying respect.

That he regularly makes Debbie Waaserman Schultz look like the tool that she is, is a bonus.

Roy Rogers on March 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

HERE WE GO……………on the verge (in the eyes of the media and republicanocracy in D.C.) MITT shows he’s going to pull a McCain.

……and going to go all nicey nice on Obama?

Hello gop voters?………..WANT TO LOSE ANOTHER ONE?

PappyD61 on March 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM

lexhamfox on March 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

In your hope and change koolaid dreams

Roy Rogers on March 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I like LTC West, but he is too politically inexperienced to be in a VP slot at this point in time. Also, he won’t add any black votes and won’t help with any specific state that Mitt wouldn’t already have in the electoral bank on a winning night (i.e. if the GOP needs VP slot help to flip Florida, the election’s already been lost).

If you’re going to go with someone who doesn’t help in an electoral sense, you’ve got to go the most non-controversial route, and that’s why I would support the very competent and conservative John Thune.

On the other hand, if the objective is to play electoral math, Tom Corbett, governor of Pennsylvania is the way to go. Obama’s approval rating is in the tank in PA and unlike every GOP candidate since Bush 41, Romney won’t turn off the suburban voters in the Philadelphia collar counties off. Flip PA and Obummer is toast.

ak90049 on March 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Romney wouldn’t pick West at all.

It’s Romney / Rubio or maybe even Romney / Bush.

We’re on the verge of nominating another gop that will throw the election like McCain.

PappyD61 on March 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM

lexhamfox on March 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

In your hope and change koolaid dreams

Roy Rogers on March 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Redistricting. Not because of the Dems.

lexhamfox on March 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM

PappyD61 on March 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Could you type louder please? You aren’t making any sense.

Roy Rogers on March 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM

He’s perfect for the VP slot. Glad that’s settled. Now can we nominate the top of the ticket please? I no longer care who it is.

#IamAndrewBreitbart

Tomolena1 on March 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM

ak90049 on March 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM

And what has Obummer or BiteMeBiden’s political experience done for their abilities to do the job?

I think there are more conservative blacks out there than people believe who would be happy to vote for a ticket with West on it.

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM

The cowardly crackpot accepted his $5K fine and hit the bricks. They were kind enough to let him keep his pension.

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM

It’s obvious that you know nothing about the military in general nor this situation in particular.

Did you know that LtC West turned himself in after his actions? Had he not, his superiors would have known nothing about it. He owned up on his own to violating the written rules knowing full well what the worst-case-scenario outcome might be. Doesn’t sound like a coward to me.

His superiors decided was his punishment would be, not him. Do you know what a non-judicial punishment is (aka Article 15)? That was what his superiors decided that his punishment would be. An Article 15 almost always involves a fine and his superiors basically slapped him on the wrist; they, apparently knew more about honor and having only bad choices with respect to tactical options than you do.

However, a commissioned officer who has an Article 15 on his/her record can kiss promotion goodbye. So LtC West had a choice: he could have stayed in the Army and been a lieutenant colonel for the rest of his career or, since he had served enough time to retire, he could do that. Obviously, he chose the latter.

Saying that he was “kicked out of the Army” is a lie. Whether you’re saying it from ignorance or malevolence is really irrelevant.

baldilocks on March 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Redistricting. Not because of the Dems.

lexhamfox on March 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Yep.

a capella on March 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

The comments on NJP vs Court Martial are on target. Al West accepted NJP and once that was on his record his chances of being promoted again in today’s military were miniscule. He could have remained in the Army until mandatory retirement (28 years) for his grade but instead chose to retire. He quickly reinserted himself back into the action as a contractor in Afghanistan.

I also agree with the comment on him not being able to bring in any appreciable amount of the black vote in a race against Obama. He won’t. But the reason to support Al West is not because he’s black. It’s because he is a man of character, courage, intelligence and has an incredible work ethic.

It would be preferable if he had civilian executive experience. He doesn’t. Use that as a factor in comparing him to other potential VP candidates. It may be a deciding factor or it may not.

SoonerMarine on March 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

We could do a lot worse than Allen West.

We probably will.

HeatSeeker2011 on March 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

baldilocks on March 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM

An Article 15 is ‘Office Hours’-right?
I spent all of two whole months in the USMC and even I know that ‘office hours’ is a nothing punishment.
LTC. West is a hero and a patriot.
*Snark is directed @ Ken-not you, Baldi*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Yep. Don’t the squids call it ‘Captain’s Mast?’

baldilocks on March 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM

baldilocks on March 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM

One of my bro-in-laws is a former squid officer. I’ll call him this evening and ask.
*Husband is former USMC. When they get on the subject of USMC v NAVY it’s like listening to the ‘Bickersons’. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on March 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Ha ha! Love among the brother-/sisterhood

baldilocks on March 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I will vote ANY ticket with West on it. I will vote Ron Paul if he has West as a running mate to reel him in on foriegn policy.

@ntif@n on March 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

If I were in a fox hole, and could pick one person on this earth who would be in it with me, it would be Allen West.

When the issuse is raised about his violation of the military code in order to save his troops’ lives (without physically harming anyone), DO NOT LET ANYONE FORGET THAT he reported the violation to his commanding officer. No cover up, no excuses. He sacrificed his own career to save the lives of those under his command.

Strike Twice on March 6, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Huh? West simply answered the question, like a responsible citizen?

You mean he didn’t say: “..*giggle*…I’m not sayin’ I’m not, not ready to “help out”….*teehee*…*wink*…”?

nottakingsides on March 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I guess – attempt #7 showed up after I deleted the link to a CNN article.

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

It was the CNN link. For some reason, they won’t be accepted.
Glad you got thru:-)

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Hello gop voters?………..WANT TO LOSE ANOTHER ONE?

PappyD61 on March 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Frankly, I don’t give a d***; I’m voting for Newt today:-)

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Just received my first error from WordPress. I’m posting too fast.

Maybe the problems we’ve been having on HA is WordPress has an update? I’ve seen this happen before(not on HA tho)

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I would back a Romney/West ticket if Romney promised to resign on the day of his inauguration.

The Rogue Tomato on March 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM

ProudPalinFan on March 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM

From your lips to God’s ear!!!

RedLizard64 on March 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Hello gop voters?………..WANT TO LOSE ANOTHER ONE?

PappyD61 on March 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Oh Good grief! Here is part of what Romney said:

Gov. ROMNEY: Well, my message is I’m not going to say outrageous things about the president or about my opponents. It gets headlines and a lot of excitement, and it gets you, by the way, a number of days in the polls to get a nice little bump. But I’m going to talk about the real issues Americans face and talk with respect about people who have differing views. I’m not going to attack them personally. I mean, I know that’s fun, but it’s just not productive.

ROFL I can’t believe he actually said that. After all of his negative, lying and distorting ads that he and his PAC has run against Perry and Newt. This man is delusional. What a crock!!

Go Newt/West!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAVE US FROM ROMNEY!!

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM

O/T This proves that Romney will never choose West, no way, no how!

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 1:45 PM

baldilocks on March 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Given that pretty much the whole general office ranks of the army are now filled with nitwits and scoundrels “kicked out of the army” could be seen as a plus.

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Do u think the Democrats will attack West for the incident in Iraq that resulted in his knowing he would not be promoted so he retired from the military?

gracie on March 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I guess – attempt #7 showed up after I deleted the link to a CNN article.

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

It was the CNN link. For some reason, they won’t be accepted.
Glad you got thru:-)

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Someone that you’ll never measure up to.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM

#IamAndrewBreitbart

Tomolena1 on March 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Who’s that?

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Colonel West tis brillig with his slithy toves
They do gyre and gimble in the wabe
All mimsy are his borogoves
And his mome raths do outgrabe

Beware the Wasserwock, my valiant one!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Obgolf bird, and shun
The frumious alinskysnatch!

Colonel West took his vorpal sword in hand
Long time the destructxome foe he sought
So rested he by an old palm tree
And stood awhile in thought

And as in thought he stood
The Wasserwock seeking an election and the country to put to flame
Came whiffling through the slimy swamp
And burbled lying smears as it came!

One, two! Red, White and Blue!
The Colonel’s vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left the Wasserwock political dead, and with its head
He went gallantphing back

Cheshire Cat on March 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM

#IamAndrewBreitbart

Tomolena1 on March 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Who’s that?

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM

The enemy to you:-) Unless you repent and become converted. You must be one of the 21%. We are the 79%.

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

VorDaj on March 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM

This is true. But, providentially, they were still some honorable men and women left back when LtC West retired–in his chain of command above him, at least. Many of those have since retired as well, no doubt.

If I weren’t retired already, I would do so rather than served in the hollowed-out military that Barack Obama and his Leftist masters are creating.

baldilocks on March 6, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Cheshire Cat on March 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM

So very AWESOME!! I love to see your talents on display!!

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Later….

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM

“He sacrificed his own career to save the lives of those under his command.

Strike Twice on March 6, 2012 at 1:27 PM”

I know several soldiers who have retired recently from combat and whenever I mention the guy, their eyes light up. They love the man and would serve under his command without reservation.

He is an inspirational, intelligent and dedicated individual. As Romney’s VP he could draw conservatives to the ticket and bring unity to the party.

Africanus on March 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM

The Count on March 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

My memory is probably too vague at this point since this took, oh, about a month ago, but you’re talking about same Rubio who disliked Newt’s ads in FL while not mentioning Romney’s despicable and full of lies ads? That Rubio? The “hard hitting” Rubio in your post above? Same Rubio who used, uhm, shall we say “selective family history memory ala Romney”, in his election campaign that later was discovered to be all made up? That same Rubio, right?

GOP Dream ticket 2012: Romney/Rubio The Pinnocchio Twins!

riddick on March 6, 2012 at 2:06 PM

gracie on March 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Of course, they will. I don’t get why anyone expects any differently. I do, however, think that there are enough Americans who have served or are family members of servicemen/women who understand what LtC West did.

BTW, it’s interesting that some folks (not you) consider a man who tells the truth forcefully, fearlessly and articulately to be a “loose cannon.”

Is everyone tired of the mealy-mouthed, go-along, get-along types who were and are afraid to speak out against 1) the Religion of “Peace,” 2) Obama’s radical past, 3) Obama’s oft-stated radical intentions for this country, 4) Obama’s repeated violations of the US Constitution, just to give four examples?

I know I am. (I’m looking at you, John McCain.)

baldilocks on March 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM

With the choices we have now? Hell YES to Allen West! Here’s to a successful campaign and the RINO dropping dead on January 21st!

Browncoatone on March 6, 2012 at 2:10 PM

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM

A friendly, charming, intelligent, driven, courageous individual…in other words, the photo negative of your putrid self.

MadisonConservative on March 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM

What he should do is run for Senate against Bill Nelson. He could win that seat. You think liberals hate seeing him as a Representative? It is with great glee that I consider how it would chew them up to see Alan West as a Senator.

dczombie on March 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM

dczombie on March 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM

As much as I would love to see this happen, don’t forget West is probably one of the biggest thorns in Republican Establishment’s hides, I am not sure he would get any help in FL in a senate bid, they’d much rather have another RINO flunkie in there.

riddick on March 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Romney wouldn’t pick West at all.

It’s Romney / Rubio or maybe even Romney / Bush.

PappyD61 on March 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM

It does not matter who Willard might pick as running mate, he’s dead meat. The VP candidate will have to look down the road and see if going down with Romney is a good career move.

Annar on March 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Allen West on VP chatter: I’m willing and ready to serve in whatever capacity

nah, we’ll find someone else, but thanks for the offer.

sesquipedalian on March 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM

The libs are terrified of LTC West. That’s why they’re rolling out the lies in a preemtory attack. They’re terrified of him, but especially KeninCT. To Ken, LTC West represents not just a political threat, but a threat to Ken’s own meaning and significance. While Ken’s in his basement trollimng for girlfriends on dating sites, LTC West is a real man, a husband, a father, a man who’s been in the arena, survived combat and led other men in combat. Ken feels weak, insignificant, and decidedly un-manly around men like LTC West.

Trafalgar on March 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM

er…preemptory

Trafalgar on March 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM

KeninCT has obviously never had, under his charge, men and women whose very lives depend on his day to day decisions. Never had to send those people into harms way knowing they may never come back and that families would never see those loved ones again due to his decisions.

KeninCT has never had actionable intelligence presented to him that would prevent those lives and his very own from being lost.

KeninCT would not have the courage or intelligence to act in that situation and would probably write some piss poor form letter to the families explaining how they did their duty blah blah blah and would leave his dereliction of duty out of it and live in blissfull cowardly ignorance for the rest of his days.

KeninCT will attend many a funeral in his day but will never once know what courage and sacrifice truly is.

A man that takes it upon himself to ACT when his men are in danger should be commended not ridiculed by a coward such as KeninCT.

LtCol West proves that it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

KeninCT proves that it is better to be thought a fool and a cowering wimp than to speak and remove all doubt.

StompUDead on March 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Annar on March 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM

+1000

riddick on March 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM

StompUDead on March 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You’re like a walking slogan factory.

Let’s roll!

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM

StompUDead on March 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You’re like a walking slogan factory.

Let’s roll!

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM

And you can refute none of it.

baldilocks on March 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM

StompUDead on March 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You’re like a walking slogan factory.

Let’s roll!

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Not a single rebuttal from the coward.

You’re like a booger eating 14 year old fapping to a screen cap of Pelosi.

I don’t partake of the wacky tobacky, roll it yerself d-bag.

StompUDead on March 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Another miltary veteran who wasn’t afraid to do what needed to be done even though her career would suffer. She’s now running for Congress.

A-10 hotshot Colonel Martha McSally

darwin on March 6, 2012 at 3:10 PM

GOP Dream ticket 2012: Romney/Rubio The Pinnocchio Twins!

riddick on March 6, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Were those the occupy wall street ads that Newt was running, or did you already expunge that from your hazy memory? Which were the Romney ads full of lies? What about Rubio’s history was he lying about? What are you referring to that compost hit piece that was discredited before it even hit the newsstand?

The Count on March 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM

The media had better start digging through West’s Kindergarten report cards now.

portlandon on March 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM

If he called someone a doodyhead he’s not qualified.

Wagthatdog on March 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Please, pick this idiot. I double dare you.

Uppereastside on March 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Biden thinks JOBS is a 3 letter word and gives 300 bucks to charity….

Wagthatdog on March 6, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Roy Rogers on March 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

1000+

DDay on March 6, 2012 at 3:45 PM

The Count on March 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM

What was discredited? That his family left Cuba before Castro revolution and not “escaped Castro’s regime” as he claimed? When and how was this discredited? Can you tell me what year his family left Cuba and when Castro came to power? My family escaped USSR in ’73, main reason his “beneficial memory recollection” seriously irks me as it was used to get him elected. Claiming “…well, that was our family lore and this is how I recollect it…” is pure BS that only works for people who like to invest in bridges. Do you really think a statement like that would stand legal ground in court? “Well, judge, I REALLY never knew a gun could kill when I pulled the trigger. I thought its harmless…” “Oh, OK, defendant, no problem. Not guilty!” Anyone who doesn’t know his/her family history going back mere 50-60 years has no business in any business, especially politics.

As for ads, obviously, again, you have no idea. Newt’s ads on immigration, which Rubio disliked for their intent/content while not saying a word about Romney’s LYING, OBVIOUSLY LYING, ads about Newt and Congressional Inquisition, which even IRS confirmed were nothing but a witch hunt. Even after Newt confronted Romney and asked for the ads to stop, Romney’s PAC still ran them and Rubio, the so called “conservative” Rubio didn’t even whisper about that.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck…

Let Romney pick Rubio and take him down in the process, one less RINO in Senate. Works for me.

Anything else that should be explained to your RINO mind? Just ask, I’ll type slowly so even you could understand…

riddick on March 6, 2012 at 3:50 PM

You’re like a walking slogan factory.

Let’s roll!

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Dude!! You just got pucking ROLLED!!!!! And PWNED!!!

The entire internets is embarassed for you!!

HumpBot Salvation on March 6, 2012 at 3:54 PM

The good thing about Romney/Rubio is that Marco gets to make up new and even more interesting stories about how his parents got away from that mean ole commie Castro.

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Newt/West 2012…!!!

Seven Percent Solution on March 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

At this point, that would be my dream ticket!

silvernana on March 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Yeah, and he can tell how his uncle liberated Auschwitz!

Oh wait.

HumpBot Salvation on March 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Pigford.

platypus on March 6, 2012 at 4:08 PM

KeninCT on March 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Hey, I’ll pay for your air fare and moving expense there if you renounce your citizenship. Just think … utopia is within your grasp.

Let me know …

darwin on March 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I don’t partake of the wacky tobacky, roll it yerself d-bag.

StompUDead on March 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM

please don’t slander marijuana just cause Kenin’s a douche nozzle

DHChron on March 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM

riddick on March 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Point well taken. But don’t forget that the GOP establishment was in the tank for Captain Orange (aka Charlie Crist) until it became clear that he was going to be trounced by Marco Rubio. The same scenario could play out again with an Alan West bid for Senate.

dczombie on March 6, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Posting before reading thread but I would love to see this man on the ticket for the GOP.

I am a bit miffed at those who said they would support the ticket if only a Latino like Rubio was on it. That is just the same type of politics that the other party plays.

jazzuscounty on March 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM

riddick on March 6, 2012 at 3:50 PM

From my searches on this story I would say there are some discrepancies, but I have not seen any indications of outright lies. All of the allegations revolve around very vague wording where he makes speeches about all Cuban immigrants to the US. And we’re also talking about events that took place before Marco was even born. I personally could not accurately detail everything about my family history before I was born either, so I’m willing to give him some slack.

Even though Castro didn’t assume control until 1959, the Castro revolution against Batista technically started in 1953, so it’s really not much of a stretch for his parents to have wanted to escape the “war zone” in 1956 and equate that to some degree to escaping the Castro regime. I don’t see too much trouble with his faulty memory at times of his mother’s return in 1960 or 61 either – again given that it was before he was born. I’ve seen plenty of family and personal history embellishment from many other politicians on both sides, so I don’t see a deal-breaker yet.

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2012 at 5:03 PM

The true sign of patriotism is Resistance. Resistance is the common thread running through the core of all patriots and soldiers ever since our founding.

It is a sign of weakness for Tea Party Patriots (West, Rubio, Rand Paul) to pledge service as a VP to a liberal from Ma., Romney. This is no different than Huntsmann pledging service to Obama.

Tripwhipper on March 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Also, an important point, at least in some circles: as a former Army officer, we can be sure his pants will have a knife-edge crease.

PersonFromPorlock on March 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

dczombie on March 6, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Provided West has enough money to gain that same momentum. Rubio had his tear-jerker “my family escaped communist Castro regime” lie, West does not and actually WOULD NOT use a lie to gain anything. Different people. As much as I’d love to see West in Senate, not sure RINOs will give him any up front support where Rubio’s up front money came from Cuban refugees in FL to gain momentum.

Rubio has been angling for a spot with Romney (in whatever capacity) since the day he attacked Newt and somehow neglected to demand same from Romney. It was obvious on that day he has sold out, same as others in Republican Party, or rather RINOs, in Congress and in news media.

riddick on March 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I would vote for Colonel West wherever he is on the ticket!!! ARE YOU LISTENING RepublilcRAT establishment????

Colatteral Damage on March 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Tripwhipper on March 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Excellent point. Reminds me of Thomas Paine and the “sunshine Patriots”

bluefox on March 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

If Allen West has the thick hide to take all the abuse the left and unenlightened black Americans would ladle out, I’d love to see him run as VP. And I figure he’s got the hide, because he’s an old warrior.

Can I say “unenlightened” and “black Americans” in the same sentence, or is that racist?

RebeccaH on March 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM