Breitbart.com relaunches with Alinsky broadside on Obama

posted at 12:10 pm on March 5, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Our friends at Breitbart.com have relaunched the portals to their media empire, integrating into one “big” site today.  This project has been in the works for weeks, and the late Andrew Breitbart (how odd it still is to say that!) had worked tirelessly to bring it to fruition.  All of the components of the Breitbart empire now come together under one unified banner — Big Hollywood, Big Peace, Big Government, Big Journalism, and Breitbart.tv.  The editors reassert Andrew’s mission:

Prior to his passing, Andrew Breitbart said that the mission of the Breitbart empire was to exemplify the free and fearless press that our Constitution protects–but which, increasingly, the mainstream media denies us.

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?” – “Who guards the guardians?” Andrew saw himself in that role—as a guardian protecting Americans from the left’s “objective” loyal scribes.

Andrew wanted to do what the mainstream media would not. First and foremost: Andrew pledged to vet President Barack H. Obama.

Andrew did not want to re-litigate the 2008 election. Nor did he want to let Republicans off the hook. Instead, he wanted to show that the media had failed in its most basic duty: to uncover the truth, and hold those in power accountable, regardless of party.

From today through Election Day, November 6, 2012, we will vet this president–and his rivals.

That effort includes Andrew’s last blast at Barack Obama and his Saul Alinsky roots, which conservative writers like David Freddoso and Stanley Kurtz pointed out in 2007-8, but which the mainstream media roundly ignored:

In 1998, a small Chicago theater company staged a play titled The Love Song of Saul Alinsky, dedicated to the life and politics of the radical community organizer whose methods Obama had practiced and taught on Chicago’s South Side.

Obama was not only in the audience, but also took the stage after one performance, participating in a panel discussion that was advertised in the poster for the play. …

So, what’s in the play? It truly is a love song to Alinsky. In the first few minutes of the play, Alinsky plays Moses – yes, the Biblical Moses – talking to God. The play glorifies Alinsky stealing food from restaurants and organizing others to do the same, explaining, “I saw it as a practical use of social ecology: you had members of the intellectual community, the hope of the future, eating regularly for six months, staying alive till they could make their contributions to society.”

In an introspective moment, Alinsky rips America: “My country … ‘tis of whatthehell / And justice up a tree … How much can you sell / What’s in it for me.” He grins about manipulating the Christian community to back his programs. He talks in glowing terms about engaging in Chicago politics with former Mayor Kelly. He rips the McCarthy committee, mocking, “Everyone was there, when you think back – Cotton Mather, Hester Prynn, Anne Hutchinson, Tom Paine, Tom Jefferson … Brandeis, Holmes … Gene Debs and the socialists … Huey Long … Imperial Wizards of all stripes … Father Coughlin and his money machine … Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd … and a kicking chorus of sterilized reactionaries singing O Come, All Ye Faithful …”

And Alinsky talks about being the first occupier – shutting down the O’Hare Airport by occupying all the toilet stalls, using chewing gum to “tie up the city, stop all traffic, and the shopping, in the Loop, and let everyone at City Hall know attention must be paid, and maybe we should talk about it.” As Alinsky says, “Students of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your juicy fruit.”

The play finishes with Alinsky announcing he’d rather go to Hell than Heaven. Why? “More comfortable there. You see, all my life I’ve been with the Have-Nots: here you’re a Have-Not if you’re short of money, there you’re a Have-Not if you’re short of virtue. I’d be asking more questions, organizing them. They’re my kind of people – Hell would be Heaven for me.”

At this late date, I’m not sure how much this will impact the election.  It helps to explain why Obama pushed for shell legislation like ObamaCare and Dodd-Frank that shifts legislative power from Congress to the executive branch, and how we can expect that to turn out.  Otherwise, Republicans will have plenty on the record over the last three-plus years to use in a campaign against Obama.  He has to run on a record now, and that record has produced chronic unemployment, economic stagnation, and serious incursions on liberty, as we have seen in the application of ObamaCare mandates.  Still, Breitbart.com isn’t a candidate in the race, and it’s not unhelpful to have at least one media outfit doing the kind of vetting on Obama that the mainstream media will perform on the Republican nominee.

Last Friday, I interviewed Big Hollywood contributor and Breitbart friend Adam Baldwin, a gracious friend of mine as well, who spent twenty minutes talking about Andrew and his legacy.  If you missed it last Friday, be sure to catch it today.

Adam Baldwin discusses Andrew Breitbart on The… by cptned

Update: I misspelled Alinsky in the headline; it’s fixed now.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The Big Lie has already been told and the american public will not believe that they have been so obviously misled. I’m sorry to say it, but some households believe what the TV says because the TV says it, and they know no other truth.

AnotherOpinion on March 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Be Breitbart.

balkanmom on March 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

This was an excellent opening salvo in vetting the Mirage, which is exactly what his fawning supporters see. I also recognize some of the names on that panel with “Baraka” Obama and a few are eye-opening. On a related note, please read Jack Cashill’s post today at American Thinker and if you haven’t yet, also his book Deconstructing Obama. It’s time to dredge the pond in honor of the pond scum Prezuhdunce.

stukinIL4now on March 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM

“Like father like son…”
And wasn’t his mom involved in some radical/socialist group in Hawaii–the same group as the present governor of Hawaii who “remembers Barack as a child.”?

G. Charles on March 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

“Otherwise, Republicans will have plenty on the record over the last three-plus years to use in a campaign against Obama.”

… but if Mittens wins, airing an attack ad on the night before the election isn’t going to help much.

Seven Percent Solution on March 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

None of this will make a dimes worth of difference. It will never hit the MSM, it is only preaching to the choir. We need help, this information needs a larger audience. The President has the largest bully puppet in the world.

DDay on March 5, 2012 at 1:07 PM

This is it baby. Game Change. Not only did Obama go to the play. HE PARTICIPATED IN A DISCUSSION AFTERWARD – WITH SOCIALISTS. Socialist discussion of socialist ideas by socialists. Watching socialists + talking with socialist = being socialist. God everybody, wake up and smell the socialists.

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I keep coming back to this: The man lost his first Congressional race in 2000, and was then elected President in 2008.

Gobsmacked.

juanito on March 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

My latest about Barack at Occidental:

No Niks on March 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Actually by Islamic Law sex is considered natural and there is no breaking of Islamic Law to have sex with a lower class woman or another man. It is common for Islamic men to have sex with each other all the time when younger. One of the many reasons Islam is so evil.

Steveangell on March 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

AnotherOpinion on March 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Pretty much this.

Unless the MSM finds something so juicy, ratings wise, in the forthcoming Breibart stuff, it will never see the light of day beyond the rightosphere where it, frankly, does no good since we already knew all about Dear Reader before the election.

RedNewEnglander on March 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

So, by your logic Obama is like his father and should be judged by that as well. Gotcha.

ProfShadow on March 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Yes, the Messiah sprang forth from a virginal conception and Allah is his father.

/libtard4life

sauldalinsky on March 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Crud.

I thought Hot Air used to monitor its trackbacks and pings. Instead, it looks like it’ll automatically post it up there.

I didn’t mean for my site to be trackbacked to this article because it’s not directly relevant, only a comment within it.

Sorry.

Logus on March 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

This is just the tiniest of teases. Breitbart knew how to stage things.

Baraka is what you should focus on. I’m trying to give you a clue.

Schadenfreude on March 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Agree.

Like I said last night…google “Baraka” and you get virtually nothing. I think AB used something other than google to look up ole Baraka. A president with multiple aliases. WTF was American thinking?

CycloneCDB on March 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM

All hail St. Breitbart.

Logus on March 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Continue striving to be Christ-like.

shick on March 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Putin won by cheating.

Obama will win by same method.
Multiple voting by using buses and absentee ballots.

This is why Poloski is so confident.

Steveangell on March 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM

All hail St. Breitbart.

Logus on March 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Continue striving to be Christ-like.

shick on March 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Daily.

Doesn’t mean I can’t be a bit tongue in cheek.

Doesn’t mean I succeed all the time either.

Logus on March 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I once saw the play “Angels in America”. I later talked about it with friends. Does this make me gay?

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

By the time the liberal media is through, Saul Alinsky will be an American folk hero. Bet on it!

Rovin on March 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Gobsmacked.

juanito on March 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Just don’t think about where we’d be today if Mr. 7 of 9 didn’t feel the need to share.

MNHawk on March 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM

rockmom on March 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Just an experiment.

MNHawk on March 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM

breitbart knows, i’m terrified what else might be revealed. obama once read a book by someone who knows alinsky’s uncle? obama’s kids’ school once educated a person who farted while singing the national anthem?

the suspense is killing me.

sesquipedalian on March 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM

How about Obama talking about how much he hates Jews and Israel.

Hide and watch.

rockmom on March 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

When is the last time any of this derailed a Democrat incumbent?

I’m thinking never.

NoDonkey on March 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM

We’ve never had a Dem incumbent with a past like Obama’s. And the internet has changed and grown mightily since the last time a Dem ran for a second term.

Missy on March 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

How about Obama talking about how much he hates Jews and Israel.

Hide and watch.

rockmom on March 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

You’re thinking of Richard Nixon – cold warrior

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Sigh.

I could smack myself right now. I’m such a noob.

Logus on March 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

rockmom on March 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Just an experiment.

MNHawk on March 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Um, staff. Notice anything?

MNHawk on March 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM

My latest about Barack at Occidental:

No Niks on March 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Steveangell on March 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Fascinating /s, but as I know Barack wasn’t a muslim so he the obvious conclusion is that he was gay.

No Niks on March 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Was it an invite only panel discussion on your sexuality, or just a passing conversation?

NotCoach on March 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I think it’s a good idea to move all of Breitbart’s “Big” sites under one banner. I never saw the logic of keeping them separate in the first place and it makes sense to speak with a single voice.

On the other hand, I wonder if it wasn’t a mistake to call the new combined site “breitbart.com.” If the purpose of the consolidation was to increase traffic and spread conservative ideas to new readers, I doubt that can be achieved by naming the site after a guy who:
1) is dead now, and can’t participate in hyping the product, which was Breibart’s particular talent, and
2) was never that well-known outside our political-junkie circuit in the first place. While the Breitbart-beatification process is in full swing on the right, he’s already dropping off the radar on the left. The vast majority of the public had no idea who Andrew Breitbart was, and that doesn’t bode well for him ever becoming an effective symbol, or his name on a website being an eyeball-magnet for the centrist/independent political reader.

I guess we’ll see.

Drew Lowell on March 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Willard needs to come clean about what he knows about Saul Alinsky

liberal4life on March 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Drew Lowell on March 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

On seeing the restructuring of his websites, I wondered where his newsfeed fit into all of it.

It seems to have been shelved or done away with.

Logus on March 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Um, staff. Notice anything?

MNHawk on March 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Old news. Part of HA’s faster then light neutrino modeling experiment. A social experiment to determine what it must be like for FTL neutrinos.

NotCoach on March 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

When is the last time any of this derailed a Democrat incumbent?

I’m thinking never.

NoDonkey on March 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Missy on March 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

This kind of stuff didn’t work last election and now he’s been in office for four years it has even less chance.

It’s like the left incessantly bringing up Skull and Bones with W. This will be lumped with the birther stuff, the Ayers stuff, the Jerimiah Wright stuff, etc.

People tune it out after awhile.

NoDonkey on March 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

People tune it out after awhile.

NoDonkey on March 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

You may be right. But I still don’t think “it’s never worked before” necessarily means “therefore it can’t work this time.”

Missy on March 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

NotCoach on March 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Just as I assume Obama discussed the play everyone had just viewed I discussed the play I had just viewed. Discussion does not imply agreement or approval.

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Either he is an evil genius trying to destroy the country or he is a bumbling idiot who can’t get anything done. But he can’t be both.

sob0728 on March 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

President Obama doesn’t have to be either. He is the front man for the American far-Left, the Ivy League suit behind which hide the hardcore ideologues who plotted his (and their) ascension to power–people such as Bill Ayers and Bernadette Dorn. The President doesn’t strike me as the committed fanatic type. He likes weekends at Martha’s Vinyard, golf, pro basketball, sunsets, and Marx.

Evil? No bad guy ever thinks of himself as the bad guy. Based on some recent remarks he’s made, the President sees himself as another Gandhi or Mandela–which makes us, those who oppose his agenda, the equivalent of the colonialist British or the Apartheid-loving Boers. To him, we’re the bad guys, we’re the evil ones, would-be oppressors and enemies of the people.

Ask yourself: what do hardcore, old-school socialists in power typically do to would-be oppressors and enemies of the people?

troyriser_gopftw on March 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

So you participated in a panel discussion on your sexuality on stage after watching the movie you referenced?

NotCoach on March 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

No Niks on March 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

He was in Indonesia. Is he now?
Well he claims to be christian. But his pastor of twenty years got his degree at an Islamic college. He taught James Cones Liberation Theology. If Christ was white he should be killed. Only blacks are good all whites are evil. Moses and Christ were black of course.

By Islamic Law he is Muslim as you can not leave. But by American tradition he is christian because he claims to be that.

By the way they execute gays in Muslim countries but define gay as being in love with another man. Sex is fine but love is death. Thus Obama is not gay by Islamic law probably but he is by American tradition. Although is is quite possible Obama was in love with a Pakistani Muslim man while in college.

Steveangell on March 5, 2012 at 1:33 PM

B… But… RUUUUUSHHHHH!!!!!! He called a poor innocent college student who only wants to get her contraceptives for free so she can have sex without consequences a ho!! That’s what this election is all about!!! Not TEH GENIUS‘s failures!!!

/lib

crazy_legs on March 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

The Big Lie has already been told and the american public my 82 year old Mom will not believe that they have she has been so obviously misled. I’m sorry to say it, but some households my 82 year old Mom believes what the TV says because the TV says it, and they she knows no other truth.

AnotherOpinion on March 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Sadly, I fixed it for me. And unfortunately she never misses an election.

TugboatPhil on March 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

People tune it out after awhile.

NoDonkey on March 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Missy on March 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Well, my Pittsburgh Pirates may win the World Series this year.

I give this about the same chance of working, unfortunately. Would love it if it did, but I just don’t see it.

NoDonkey on March 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Steveangell on March 5, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Man, you guys are swimmin’ in it today.

verbaluce on March 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

NotCoach on March 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Guess you did not really read the entire article or view the PDF.

Yes Obama was invited to the pre-announced panel because of his pro Saul Alinsky views and actions as a Community Organizer just like Saul Alinsky.

Steveangell on March 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Steveangell on March 5, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Wow.

sob0728 on March 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM

LOVED AB and his work, love the Bigs, love what they do.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling this kind of line of attack isn’t going to be very effective. If you have to go into family or social gatherings and talk politics, screaming that Obama is a communist/socialist/Marxist/Alinsky disciple just isn’t going to move the needle. The left thinks all that nonsense is fine and dandy anyway, so you’re not convincing them it’s a bad thing, and moderates or people who pay little attention don’t know or care who Alinsky is or who Bill Ayers is.

I fear that carrying on about Obama’s past associations and collusion with radical leftwing political activists and thugs, and yelling about Saul Alinsky, isn’t going to resonate across the electorate in the way that most here hope it will.

None of what’s in that post so far is really news to any of us (just confirmatory), and I feel like most of the electorate who isn’t already sympathetic to the message just tunes this stuff out.

I don’t know. Here’s hoping.

Good Lt on March 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Wow, just wow.

Schadenfreude on March 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Clue to all, the key word, for now, is Baraka.

Much more to come.

Schadenfreude on March 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Clue to all, the key word, for now, is Baraka.

Much more to come.

Schadenfreude on March 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Yup.

rockmom on March 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM

How about Obama talking about how much he hates Jews and Israel.

Hide and watch.

rockmom on March 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Heh, I figger that’s about as likely as the sun rising tomorrow in the east.

petefrt on March 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Is anyone else having a problem with Disqus in the comments area there? I think that was a bad move for the relaunch.

TugboatPhil on March 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

How about Obama talking about how much he hates Jews and Israel.

Hide and watch.

rockmom on March 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Heh, I figger that’s about as likely as the sun rising tomorrow in the east.

petefrt on March 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

If they’ve gotten a copy of the video the LA Ties has been hiding, then it may be part of what was promised.

TugboatPhil on March 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM

How about Obama talking about how much he hates Jews and Israel.

Hide and watch.

rockmom on March 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Heh, I figger that’s about as likely as the sun rising tomorrow in the east.

petefrt on March 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Yes, um…right.

verbaluce on March 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Some examples from before the 2008 election of the mainstream media: NYT, Chicago Tribune, National Review, Rush,and that radical rag, the Canton Ohio Repository, highlighting the so-called Obama Alinsky connection. Nothing there then. Nothing there now. Please keep on it though, as independent voters who will decide the 2012 elections can’t seem to get enough of this story.

blogs.suntimes.com/…/2008/10/gop_targets_obama_with_alinsky.ht…

Video “Rush Limbaugh – Obama, Alinsky, and Lucifer” – Technoratitechnorati.com/…/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_wPvOyWgnS8Cached
You +1′d this publicly. Undo
Description: 2008-09-15 Rush Limbaugh gives more insight into Obama’s mentor Saul Alinsky. Dedicating his book, Rules For Radicals, to Lucifer …

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Actually read it all and saw nothing indicating why he was invited. I assume he didn’t oppose Alinsky in total however that is not the same as accepting all of his tactics

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I don’t know. Here’s hoping.

Good Lt on March 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Unfortunately probably true.

But identity theft people can understand. If it gets well known that Obama is using many SSN’s and multiple names this could damage him. Why Birthers are made out to be kooks. Obama and his supporters know how damaging it will be if it becomes known he is an illegal alien. Why they are fighting tooth and nail to keep his real birth certificate hidden. It could well have anotations about his Indonesian citizenship. We really do not know as Hawaii has done everything possible to hide it. They even changed State Law to give all Certificate of Live Births in stead of Birth Certificates. This is most likely a losing issue as most likely all information has already been destroyed and replaced with fraudulent electronic records. However Obamas use of many SSN’s and names is well documented.

Steveangell on March 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

However Obamas use of many SSN’s and names is well documented.

Steveangell on March 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

And it hasn’t hurt him a bit. We aren’t going to get rid of him with this stuff.

NoDonkey on March 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Ron Paul 2012!!!

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I would rather be torn apart by rabid opossums after having been scaled with acid than vote for Herr Doktor Paul.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Unfortunately probably true.

Steveangell on March 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Let. The. Birther. Stuff. Go.

It’s beyond stupid.

Good Lt on March 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Clue to all, the key word, for now, is Baraka.

Much more to come.

Schadenfreude on March 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Yup.

rockmom on March 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Now you have me on the edge of my chair. Curiosity’s killin’ me.

petefrt on March 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Look at the PDF of the poster. His name is listed last. Read the referenced article for more information.

Steveangell on March 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Let. The. Birther. Stuff. Go.

It’s beyond stupid.

Good Lt on March 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

+infinity.
I will campaign against ANY GOP candidate in my area that goes birther.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM

troyriser_gopftw on March 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

They do this.

Kungfoochimp on March 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Please lord….let me have balls as big as Andrew Breitbart when I grow up!:)

JustJP on March 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

It does imply more than a passing knowledge of the subject and perhaps the participants. Why bother otherwise?

Or was he well known enough to put butts in seats, so much so that he was listed on the poster? Like bringing in a “star” to add cache to the evening.

Isn’t politics optics? Hanging around with fringe, radical groups should (note the word should here) be bad optics. At least with thinking amongst us.

kim roy on March 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM

“Like father like son…”

G. Charles on March 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

You are correct. It was the former Governor, a Republican, who personally viewed Obama’s live birth certificate.

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Clue to all, the key word, for now, is Baraka.

Much more to come.

Schadenfreude on March 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Yes, indeed, that was great. Definitely best seen on the big screen.

Drew Lowell on March 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM

kim roy on March 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Of course, no one denies Obama admired Alinsky’s organizing abilities. Obama was and is far left where the phrase “community organizer” is not generally viewed as a perjorative, certainly not in big cities, no matter how it is mocked in conservative blogs.Obama wanted to organize poor people and would admit that to this day.He admired Alinsky’s unabashed eagerness to organize people who don’t have much power. He admitted this in the New York times in the Summer of 2008 with these distinctions:

“The small organization Mr. Obama worked for, the Developing Communities Project, was influenced by the thinking of Saul Alinsky, a Chicago native regarded as the father of community organizing. Mr. Alinsky viewed self-interest as the main motivation for political participation

Mr. Obama shunned Mr. Alinsky’s strategy of using confrontation tactics like pressuring public officials and business leaders by picketing their homes.

I think it was strategic that he would not have fallouts with people he disagreed with because he realized that he had to work with them not just on one particular issue, but on other issues down the road,” Mr. Kellman said.”

This argument was raised before the 2008 election in such outlets as the Times, Chicago Tribune, National Review and Rush Limbaugh. Independents, who will decide the 2012 election, didn’t buy it then and they won’t buy it now.

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

My mother voted for Carter and Obama and would/will gladly do it again. Obviously since she voted for Carter I am an antisemite, although I wouldn’t call my mother one. Just misguided. But in retard4life’s microscopic thinking machine the sins of the father are the sins of the sons as well.

Obama is a Marxist despite his father being one. Although since he seems to have so many daddy issues his father’s political leanings may have had an undo influence upon him.

Retard4life must view Ron Reagan as some sort of fire and brimstone conservative…

NotCoach on March 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I don’t believe his father had much influence on him, but little Bammie’s nutty grandparents turned young Barry over to Frank Marshall Davis, a child molester and hardcore communist. Davis was Bammie’s principal mentor for many years.

slickwillie2001 on March 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM

We need something new, and something flashier, or someone with BB’s ability to get a circus going, or this stuff isn’t going to resonate beyond those of us who already know it.

The other concern should be anticipating Obama trying to repeat his “race speech” with his “radical politics” speech. Remember, they need to mainstream radicalism in time for that Occupy Spring insanity.

As for the spelling of his name, the difference is an Arabic transliteration (Baraka or Baraqa), to a Hebrew one (Barak, Barack). Remember, Amiri Baraka is a famous 60′s poet so it wouldn’t be uncommon for people within that circle to mistake the names in the 90′s. He would have wanted to distance his identity from Israel’s Ehud Barak.

contrarytopopularbelief on March 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Send this to Michael Medved. Maybe he can be convinced that, HORROR, Obama actually is a socialist.

Nutstuyu on March 5, 2012 at 3:44 PM

That was a pretty negative post. Now I won’t bother reading the thread.

disa on March 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?” – “Who guards the guardians?”

Small quibble: in this saying of Juvenal’s, custodiet is in the future: “Who will guard the guards?” “Who will watch the watchers?”

Tzetzes on March 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM

plewis on March 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

No … just really, really stupid.

Now if the gay author of a gay hagiography to a leading historical advocate of radical gayness had invited you to watch his hagiography live, and then participate in a live panel discussion for a uniformly gay audience? Then you would have an analogy worth blathering about.

But since not, STFU.

Jaibones on March 5, 2012 at 8:44 PM

TugboatPhil on March 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I have a BIG problem with the concept of a central database of blog commenters along with their email addresses, ID’s, and passwords!!!

The existence of a central database of this type (Disqus) opens the door for massive on-line identity theft and defamation/discrediting of one’e enemies. Does anyone think this won’t happen (and if so, did you sleep through the entire Clinton administration?)??

Does this sound like a good idea to anyone else??? If so, read this and ask yourself the question again!!!

landlines on March 6, 2012 at 12:34 AM