WaPo: Gosh, aren’t Breitbart’s foes being awfully kind to him after his death?

posted at 11:35 am on March 2, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

You see, these are the moments when we’ll miss Andrew the most.  The Washington Post offers a longish obituary on Breitbart after his passing, but includes this rather laughable assertion about halfway through:

Mr. Breitbart’s political adversaries are speaking kindly about a man they often vilified.

“There’s no point in engaging in political debate today,” said Ari Rabin-Havt, executive vice president of Media Matters for America, a liberal media-criticism group that once branded Mr. Breitbart “an ideological liar.” “My sympathy is with his wife and children.”

Arianna Huffington, founder of the liberal-leaning Huffington Post, said in a statement: “I was asked many times this morning for my thoughts on what Andrew meant to the political world, but all I can think of at the moment is what Andrew meant to me as a friend, starting from when we worked together — his passion, his exuberance, his fearlessness.” Mr. Breit­bart helped Huffington start her Web site in 2005.

Later in the piece, though, the Post admitted that the response they got was less than “kind”:

News of Mr. Breitbart’s death sparked such hostile responses from some readers that The Washington Post had to pre-moderate the comments section on its Web site.

WaPo blogger Jennifer Rubin howls at this assertion:

Charlie Spiering and others have gone to the trouble of collecting the hate-filled tweets that celebrated his death. It’s not simply stray wackos but the supposed cream of the liberal crop that could not contain itself. Suggesting a protest by the Westboro Baptist Church in his honor?Sure. Rolling Stone obscenity? You betcha.

Even the Daily Beast’s David Frum (a largely fallen conservative who often tangled with Breitbart) opined: “Public figures are inescapably judged by their public actions. When those public actions are poisonous, the obituary cannot be pleasant reading.” (To be clear, Frum did not rheotorically dance on Breitbart’s grave.)

For a newspaper that supposedly wanted to report on the subject — their article certainly opined on it — the Post couldn’t even muster the curiosity to Google the reaction.  Twitter is a reliably volatile forum and collecting reactions there wouldn’t be a fair representation of the reaction among Breitbart opponents, but Slate’s Matt Yglesias isn’t just some guy on Twitter, either, and he tweeted that “The world outlook is slightly improved with @AndrewBrietbart dead.”  Some of his opponents did handle the news in a professional and classy manner, including Media Matters for America, which gave a surprisingly humane response, much to their credit.  However, that was hardly the norm yesterday, as the Post would have its readers believe — and the fact that they had to premoderate comments gave them a big clue as to what the actual reaction was.

Jen notes the irony of her newspaper’s spin:

The irony here is that “Breitbart’s enemies are being civil!” is preceisely the sort of cant that Breitbart raged against. He (recall the left’s reaction to the Arizona massacre) decried and debunked the pretense that the left was so much more genteel and dignified than the right. He delighted in re-tweeting the vicious tweets about him so that the veneer of civility would be stripped away. And it is largely to Breitbart’s pioneering spirit that there are a flock of New Media outlets to, in his absence, immediately take up the task of balancing, prodding and debunking what used to be a mainstream media monopoly.

Indeed.  That just makes it even more incumbent upon us to take up where Andrew left off.

Meanwhile, Mickey Kaus replies to Frum’s article:

David Frum could not have known Breitbart. At least that’s the most charitable reason I can think of for why he picked the occasion of Breitbart’s sudden death to promote the cheap, bogus meme that Andrew had a “giddy disdain for truth and fairness” as long as a story helped his side.  ”Just as all is fair in a shooting war, so manipulation and deception are legitimate tools in a culture war,” writes Frum.

I’ve known right-wingers who were like that (‘See, we attack Kerry with this, and by the time he answers we’ve moved on to the next charge!’) Breitbart wasn’t one of them. Yes, he had a jaundiced view of the left, and a pugilistic–I might say, Frum-esque–view of the Middle East. But he said what he though was true, even when that hurt his side or put his own career at risk.

Exhibit A: At the height of “Weinergate,” the moment of Breitbart’s greatest triumph, he began to have doubts about the key source, one “Dan Wolfe,” who had caught Rep. Anthony Weiner’s off-color tweet.  Instead of burying these doubts, Breitbart went public with them, something that threatened to badly complicate his side’s narrative. (“Is there a real ‘Dan Wolfe’ … or has someone for months elaborately pretended to be?”) He got a lot of grief from some conservatives for this.**

Exhibit B: Breitbart was a powerful speaker, and in the early days of the Tea Party he opened for Glenn Beck at rallies. But in his view the Tea Party was a success because it was a big tent focusing on cutting the size of government, not on social issues (where Breitbart, as pretty much of a ‘South Park Republican,’ often agreed with the left). Beck’s turn to vague religiosity annoyed him, and he said it. He knew this wasn’t going to get him in good with Beck, and it didn’t.

I would go so far as to say that Breitbart had an instinctive honesty–pretty much the opposite of what Frum charges. I don’t know the ins and outs of the Shirley Sherrod mess, in which Breitbart posted a video the end of which had been lopped off before he saw it. But I guarantee you  Breitbart posted it because he felt it truthfully made a legit point (and he wasn’t aware what the rest of it would show).  I also know that there were plenty of stories presented by the “cohort of young conservative journalists” that he refused to publish because he wasn’t certain they’d hold up. He didn’t pretend to have the institutional standards of, say, CBS and Dan Rather. But he had a commitment to truth, independent of ideology, that (as Frum notes) many on left and right lack.

Be sure to read it all.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

This one is a real gem. Freakin’ Hilarious.

SparkPlug on March 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Ditto.

ghostwriter on March 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Second, how did you post your comment before I posted my comment?

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Divine power.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Good. Now you can stop acting like a model anti-theist and pick up your cross soldier and join us in the good fight

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM

First, all you had to do is read the Bible verse I provided to see that I am not kidding. Second, how did you post your comment before I posted my comment? Look at the date and times on our posts above. Furthermore, scroll back up to our actual posts and yours is before mine.

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Obviously, the inescapable conclusion is that Madisonconservative is a faster than light neutrino.

ghostwriter on March 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Or something is going on behind the scenes they aren’t telling you

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I was trying to make a joke…

ghostwriter on March 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM

For my part, I’m not wild about what Breitbart said following Kennedy’s death. Those kinds of attacks at that point in time are churlish, and they diminish the speaker as much as the target. Nevertheless, Kennedy did have it coming. Kennedy was a truly awful guy, and much to my chagrin, he left his lasting imprint on the American culture, political and otherwise. Still, it’s better to remain silent when a man like Kennedy dies, rather than making yourself a liar by saying something nice, or being a boor by speaking the truth.

ghostwriter on March 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Somewhat agree. I’d prefer a “no comment” if one cannot say anything nice, but if that’s not possible and a “no comment” was never possible with Breitbart, then kudos for being honest.

There’s a difference between being a pain in the butt rabble rouser like Breitbart and a murdering degenerate like Kennedy. Perhaps if we weren’t so delicate with these people it might be harder for them to flourish.

kim roy on March 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM

1. It was a joke.

2. I’m not an anti-theist(or atheist). I’m agnostic.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Or something is going on behind the scenes they aren’t telling you

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

The conspiracy grows.

WordsMatter on March 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Where is Teddy Kennedy’s the people’s seat that Teddy occupied for so long now?

unclesmrgol on March 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM

…FIFM, with all due respect.

freedomfirst on March 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I am an atheist. I imagine with all of your holy rollering that you could care less about my help.

This isn’t a religion thread or a religious site. If you get your knickers in a twist over “Gosh,” then you probably should move on to a more spiritual, but less spirited, website.

Resist We Much on March 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Or something is going on behind the scenes they aren’t telling you

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

This is a known issue that is being investigated by technical staff at HA. There is nothing nefarious going on here.

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Is there a bigger piece of crap on the right than David Frum? Guy gives me the chills. Creepy dude.

therightwinger on March 2, 2012 at 2:27 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM

1. It was a joke.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM

You might wanna drop that drop one that from your repertoire… it really hurts me (and other Christians) when someone blasphemes God or the name of Jesus. You would react the same way if someone called your wife a whore or used your Mom’s name in vain.

2. I’m not an anti-theist(or atheist). I’m agnostic.

You’re making ground. I have prayed for you before.

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM

ghostwriter on March 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I would generally agree, but Breitbart’s actions still do not compare to the actions of unhinged leftists after Breitbart’s death. He wasn’t dancing on Kennedy’s grave.

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Andrew Breitbart is an American hero. His work will continue through the people he has inspired and the people he continues to inspire. He will forever be remembered as a man who made truths visible to the blinded. The work must go on and will go on, unrelenting, and never ending. RIP Andrew Breitbart.

SD Tom on March 2, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Or something is going on behind the scenes they aren’t telling you

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I was trying to make a joke… I suspect that the server clock got reset in between the time of of your post and MC’s post. It’s just a fluke.

ghostwriter on March 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Could be… but he was abnormally quick on the draw…. he responded to me less than 60 seconds after I clicked send

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Or something is going on behind the scenes they aren’t telling you

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

The conspiracy grows.

WordsMatter on March 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Inside job

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM

You don’t know that. You only know his post appeared before yours. Again, there are technical issues. Please look at my post time stamped 1:31 in this thread and read the posts following it.

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Inside job

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Tinfoil hat.

Resist We Much on March 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Fool. It’s clear that Ed, Allah and Tina have harnessed the power of time manipulation, and history is at their mercy.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM

ghostwriter on March 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I wouldn’t have said it either, but it’s to me, not the real point..

He didn’t cause Kennedy any harm, as he was dead, so the only people harmed, were his family and folks who loved him… a good reason not to do that kind of thing..

But in responding in an even more horrific fashion, the left isn’t paying Andrew back.. he’s in God’s hands now, so they can stuff the payback angle..

because the only ones affected by the left’s epic beclowing is the man’s family, and his millions of admirers. What the F, did his children do you boobs, to deserve this? You are lashing out at people who didn’t do anything to you.. Then you all have the gall to say Andrew deserves it?.. unless you have a hotline to Heavan, you aren’t doing it to him..

You are doing it to his loving wife, and four minor children,.. millions who loved and admired him, and are now.. evaluating just how much of a El Degüello you deserve for this..

I vote no quarter.. they grant us none, never have, the MSM has given up even pretending to be fair and has joined the Obama campaign team. ABC and CNN leading the pack.

mark81150 on March 2, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Or something is going on behind the scenes they aren’t telling you

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

That makes me feel better because I just had a pop-up that said:

“We think that last post of yours required a bit more thought, so we have referred it to our rewrite department.

The HA Staff.

Oh, by the way, you have a spot of soup on your jammies top.”

Yoop on March 2, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Or something is going on behind the scenes they aren’t telling you

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Or maybe he’s just disinformation agent and he’s working for HA LOL

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:45 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Dammit, you’ve caught me.

I’m actually your other self.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 2:46 PM

You can say that, but I know Christians, I blaspheme, and they don’t care. They’re secure enough in their beliefs that they can tell the difference between blasphemy, and someone who doesn’t share their beliefs using common vernacular.

You’re making ground. I have prayed for you before.

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Well, thanks, but I don’t know how I’m making ground. I was a Catholic by default, having gone through Catholic school, but lost my faith during the period between Columbine and 9/11. Never atheistic, never claiming there was no god…just that I don’t see, know, or feel any.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM

whoooa….

I can’t decide wether to laugh or just gape wide eyed at the surreal nature this whole conversation has taken on.. this is the same planet I woke up on, isn’t it.?

a clock can’t glitch?

mark81150 on March 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Is there a reason this KeninCt person even comments. From what I’ve seen he’s never added anything substantive to any post ever. All he ever posts are stupid one liners that make no sense like “Go back to cheering for higher gas prices” I guess he must have missed the story from 2 days ago where Obama’s energy secretary basically said they don’t care about rising gas prices. So who is cheering for higher gas prices? It sounds to me like Democrats are. I know this was off topic but I was getting a little annoyed reading the drivel that comes from this joker.

Erockk on March 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM

If someone says it doesn’t bother them when you use your lips to dishonor God, then it’s doubtful they are real Christians

You’re making ground. I have prayed for you before.

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Well, thanks, but I don’t know how I’m making ground. I was a Catholic by default, having gone through Catholic school, but lost my faith during the period between Columbine and 9/11. Never atheistic, never claiming there was no god… just that I don’t see, know, or feel any.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM

You can’t be saved and then unsaved. I know you well enough (from here) to say you had a false conversion and we can go on all day on that topic. You were never converted by the Holy Spirit. Thankfully, Jesus came into the world to save sinners and there is still time for you because of God’s patience

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM

When you have the gall and audacity to question the faith of my friends and family, none of whom you know, I lose all interest in talking to you.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Jesus f**king Christ, you have GOT to be kidding me.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Work that edge, patriot! Well done.

KeninCT on March 2, 2012 at 3:16 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM

eyeroll

eyeroll

eyeroll

eyeroll

eyeroll

eyeroll

Resist We Much on March 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Work that edge, patriot! Well done.

KeninCT on March 2, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Few people here have shown the pettiness to address me over profanity. I guess you felt left out. Grow up.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM

You have it all wrong. I like your approach. Gotta differentiate yourself from the bible-bangers.

KeninCT on March 2, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Italian bread and slices of cacciatore on deck

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:22 PM

What’s the frequency, apocalypse?

Resist We Much on March 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Breitbart made clear in those comments that he made a distinction between political foes, whose passing he would respect, and the vile piece of human filth that was Ted Kennedy. Would anyone say that you can’t speak ill of the dead if the dead had killed someone and calously left them to rot, refusing to call for help? And, lied continuously about what happened? And, decades later was reported to have enjoyed making Chappaquiddick jokes? Of course not. Kennedy was a dispicable human being completely aside from his politics.

kit9 on March 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

You have it all wrong. I like your approach.

KeninCT on March 2, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Sweet! All my love to my fans!

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I’m just showing from the Bible what God says about blasphemy and you just proved my point that it really hurts me when someone blasphemes God or the name of Jesus the same way it hurts you wheh you feel someone has dishonoured your friends and family.

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Sweet! All my love to my fans!

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

You better be careful because he will likely misinterpret your response as a request for a date.

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Destroying you 666′ers since 2007

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM

You are not a god. You do not know the hearts of my friends and family. For you to do so is pride. Then cometh shame.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM

He’s dead, and they still can’t beat him.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM

That says it all about Andrew.

Solaratov on March 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

MadisonConservative + NotCoach + Resist We Much = devil worshipping scum

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

For you to dopresume so is pride.

Corrected.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM

MadisonConservative + NotCoach + Resist We Much = devil worshipping scum

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Oh oh…looks like once you’re exposed for your mortal sin, you go apes**t.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM

MadisonConservative + NotCoach + Resist We Much = devil worshipping scum

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

God gave us free will and if I arrived at the wrong place I am sure He will let me know about it. Until then, practicing my free will, I will judge for myself the correct path.

I wonder though if you wouldn’t be more comfortable as a Muslim.

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM

The Hot Air Website The Official Blog Of The Illuminati

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Amidst all the “sturm und drang,” a poignant yet illuminating flash from the not-to-distant past:

Fascinating.

RIP, Andrew. Or at least for as long as you can stand to do so, that is.

cinnabar on March 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I wonder though if you wouldn’t be more comfortable as a Muslim.

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Well, they haven’t threatened to kill us over blasphemy yet. However, they did call us devil worshipers in the blink of an eye. I dunno.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM

The Hot Air Website The Official Blog Of The Illuminati

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM

LOL troll is LOL.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM

MadisonConservative + NotCoach + Resist We Much = devil worshipping scum

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Ahhahahaha…Well! Ring around the rosy a pocket full of — spears. Thought you’d be pretty foxy, didn’t ya? The garlic! The silver bullet! The stake through the heart!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! You cursed brat!

Look what you’ve done!! I’m melting, meeeelllllltttttting.

Ohhhhh, what a world, what a world.

Who would have thought that some little twerp like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness with your wholly (sic) H20 and mean, mean, meanie words.

OHHHHHHH!!! NO!!! I’m going…ohhhhhhh..ohhhhhhhhhhhhh….

Resist We Much on March 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM

“They”? I see one poster going off the deep end. Most devote Christians use sugar and want people to find the truth in their own hearts because they understand the Christian doctrine of free will. Don’t lump apocalypse in with all Christians.

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM

MadisonConservative + NotCoach + Resist We Much = devil worshipping scum

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM

You don’t have to wait to know where you’re going when you die

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM

You don’t have to wait to know where you’re going when you die

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM

We know. The oh so erudite, elegant, and edjumucated Maxine Waters already told us.

Resist We Much on March 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM

hint: it wasn’t moulitsas who wrote that.

sesquipedalian on March 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM

from wiki

In April 2004, Moulitsas and Daily Kos became the focus of controversy over a statement that he posted in the comments section of a blog post about Blackwater USA employees who were killed and mutilated in Fallujah:

“Let the people see what war is like. This isn’t an Xbox game. There are real repercussions to Bush’s folly. That said, I feel nothing over the death of merceneries [sic]. They aren’t in Iraq because of orders, or because they are there trying to help the people make Iraq a better place. They are there to wage war for profit. Screw them.”

G-

Del Dolemonte on March 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM

NotCoach on March 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Not sure if the Rapture Fan over there is man or woman, so I wanted to be gender neutral.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM

You don’t have to wait to know where you’re going when you die

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I love you.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 4:23 PM

you don’t really understand how the great orange satan’s diary system works, right, pops? hint: it wasn’t moulitsas who wrote that.

sesquipedalian on March 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM

There is, however, this; which says you are wrong (or lying)…………….

Don’t forget what Kos said after four Americans were killed by Iraqi terrorist in Fallujah in 2004.

“Every death should be on the front page. Let the people see what war is like. This isn’t an Xbox game. There are real repercussions to Bush’s folly. That said, I feel nothing over the death of merceneries [sic]. They aren’t in Iraq because of orders, or because they are there trying to help the people make Iraq a better place. They are there to wage war for profit. Screw them.”

Perhaps it’s you who doesn’t understand.

Solaratov on March 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Resist We Much on March 2, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Lil Kenin sure is starting to swing wildly. Taking whatever shots he can think of to try to provoke people.
Perhaps he’d be better off to update that desperatefordates.com resume. (There’s bound to be someone who wants to meet an IT geek who’s so in touch with his feminine side.)

Solaratov on March 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I am a male diva.

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

You don’t have to wait to know where you’re going when you die

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I love you.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I love you more but I’m turning down your invitation to play spin the bottle with all guys

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

You can’t hide your true desires, sexy.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 4:50 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

You can’t hide your true desires, sexy.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Madison aka Bruno Conservative

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 5:01 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Ugh. I loathe Cohen. This is better.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I am a male diva.

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Kewl, so’s Ken in CT. Maybe, you two should get a room.

Resist We Much on March 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I am a woman, but I still pass.

Resist We Much on March 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM

A South Park Republican. Classic. I like it.

Anil Petra on March 2, 2012 at 5:15 PM

You guy’s are making me feel very uncomfortable… shouldn’t you be at Bohemian Grove worshipping some big Owl or something?

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I am an underground icon in the political blogosphere

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Whats the point in talking about the comments from another site when your own site says

“Note from Hot Air management: This section is for comments from Hot Air’s community of registered readers. Please don’t assume that Hot Air management agrees with or otherwise endorses any particular comment just because we let it stand. A reminder: Anyone who fails to comply with our terms of use may lose their posting privilege.”

Obviously no site should be held liable for the comments of their readers.

Politricks on March 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Obviously no site should be held liable for the comments of their readers.

Politricks on March 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Just a little legal mumbo-jumbo. Something to keep the legal department from getting all antsy.
Think nothing of it.

Solaratov on March 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Posting this for you to clear my conscience. If you seek after God, God will see to him, that you find Him. There are people who don’t want God because they don’t like the rules that go along with an Authority and that’s why this evolution philosophy caught on in the 1800′s. Peace.

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Next we’ll hear he “committed suicide” in a National Park.

Who is John Galt on March 2, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Whatever you think of him generally, you have to acknowledge that Breitbart was a no-hold-barred street brawler (whose response to Ted Kennedy’s death was hardly generous or polite). Why you think he should be accorded a kid gloves treatment that he neither expected nor offered his adversaries is beyond me.

urban elitist on March 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM

1. Do you have a link substantiating the supposed un-generous, impolite response to Ted Kennedy’s death?

2. No one’s suggesting kid gloves for Breitbart; rather, don’t speak ill of the dead; and, give his family and friends time to grieve his death, and celebrate his life, without rude responses.

3. You know who withheld all comment on the passing of Senator Kennedy? Mary Jo Kopechne. So, yeah, just like Breitbart.

massrighty on March 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I thought I was devil worshiping scum, though. (I totally am.)

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I am an underground icon in the political blogosphere

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I remember when I had my first beer.

kingsjester on March 2, 2012 at 10:37 PM

…FIFM, with all due respect.

freedomfirst on March 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Almost. The correct answer is: Teddy Kennedy’s seat is burning in Hell now.

unclesmrgol on March 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Isn’t anyone noting how strange it is that Media Matters had a decent response to Andrew’s death?

Anyone think this was pre-arranged so the media could point to Media Matters, a sworn enemy, to characterize the left’s response?

MaggiePoo on March 3, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Napoleon Hill or Clement Stone stated

…that from every negative event comes the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit.

I strongly believe in this. Andrew’s death is a loss to us all, but there is a lesson we can learn about cardiovascular disease. Many death to heart attacks are preventable, so during my weekly letter to my niece, who is in New Zealand, I wrote about cardiovascular issues as presented to a young woman. I present it here to save someone, it could just be you. Key to remember is aspirin is a lifesaver.
Written the week of Feb 17th, 2012
42 percent of woman have cardiovascular issues and don’t even know it. Risk factors for heart issues are: overweight or obese, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, high blood pressure, high total cholesterol, diabetes, using birth control pills. I am a little overweight; smoked for 30 years, have high blood pressure, stopped by satins, and a family history of diabetes, but I never took birth control pills, so I am safe. Good thing too. But the real issue is that more women die of cardiovascular issues than men because most researches and physicians are males, and focus only on their selfish side of the male sex. Symptoms for men are much more different, atypical, e.g., pain radiating from chest to left arm. The main symptom for both is chest pain resulting from heart artery blockage or some internal heart damage. Angina, is a partial heart artery blockage, caused my some stress, e.g., exercise, eating, labor, or just a worry, however, after resting or meds, the pain goes away. It does not cause major damage to the heart, but only restrict blood flow causing pain, it will come back again. The big one is called myocardial infarction (MI). Here major heart artery is blocked causing heart tissue to lose function and die. Only one in four live through a MI. Men and women have different symptom, but here are the common ones for both men and women. Pain, pressure, burning or squeezing in the chest, jaw, shoulders, back, or arms, that lasts more than 5 to 10 minutes; unexplained shortness of breath lasting more than 5 to 10 minutes; sudden severe nausea, vomiting or indigestion; sudden sweating for no reason; sudden unexplained extreme fatigue; loss of consciousness or fainting; sudden, unexplained, panicky feeling of doom. Yep, it’s the big one. What is so bad is that it is preventable, that a cardiologist can identify and correct many a heart issue. Those women die more often than necessary because they think or believe that it is not a heart issue, but only indigestion or they’re tired. Just try and remember three of these. Other tell tales are they sit in a tripod position, sitting partial bent being supported on one or two arms which result is a better flow of blood to the heart, hence less pain, don’t force them to lay down, or statement that it feels like an elephant on their chest. What’s a girl to do? Yo call 911, if able give oxygen e.g., fresh air, but the best cure you can give them is aspirin. Yep even if they are allergic, have them chew one aspirin. Aspirin makes the blood slippery and it then can move past the blocked artery. If your symptoms go away after chewing an aspirin then better see a doctor right away. Make sure you tell the emergency or MD that you gave them an aspirin. 99.9% have no adverse effect to aspirin. I always keep aspirin on me, you should too. On a minor note, I have chest pains sometimes; I think it is angina, when this occurs, I run to find that aspirin and it does work. Go fine two aspirin tablets, wrap them in plastic, and store on you. Death is always close, make everyday worth living, choose life, love life, love today as your last.
Love ya, SgtPete RN

SgtPete on March 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I thought I was devil worshiping scum, though. (I totally am.)

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM

“…choose you this day whom ye will serve;” Joshua 24:15

apocalypse on March 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I am an underground icon in the political blogosphere

apocalypse on March 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I remember when I had my first beer.

kingsjester on March 2, 2012 at 10:37 PM

You may want to check my previous debates at Hotair before you drink any more beer. I’ve had over a hundred debates now, and have won them easily every time and it’s not because I’m smarter than anyone… it is because I’m right and they are wrong. It’s real easy to win a debate when you have the truth… PAY HOMAGE

apocalypse on March 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM

apocalypse on March 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM

And to think you are the best they have.

ROFLMAO!!!

Roy Rogers on March 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

And to think you are the best they have. ROFLMAO!!!

Roy Rogers on March 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Don’t debate creation/evolution with me… I will destroy you and get you to the point where you wish me dead like this guy does

apocalypse on March 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Breitbart Is Here Movement — Let’s Finish What He Started

conservativeBC on March 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM

apocalypse on March 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM

You didn’t ‘destroy’ anybody you personified Jackass Chick tract. You made a PITA of yourself to the point I posted a snarky turn of phrase to one of your posts.

MelonCollie on March 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM