Video: Bill Whittle on Breitbart’s work ethic and health troubles

posted at 9:20 pm on March 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

The AP mentioned yesterday that AB had suffered heart problems about a year ago, but as you’ll hear, it was far more serious than most people knew. The fact that he endured that and then bounced back quickly enough to emerge at the center of the media storm over Weinergate a few months later is astounding. I never would have guessed anything had been wrong.

Two clips for you, first Whittle and then last night’s enjoyable, affectionate wake on “Red Eye.” Watch for Andy Levy and Gutfeld reminiscing about the experience of a phone call from Breitbart.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The Bill Whittle video is great. Thanks, AP, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have seen in otherwise.

No time to watch Red Eye b/c I’m taking Bill’s advice and turning off the laptop to hang out with my husband and kids.

Missy on March 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I’ve never felt such a sense of loss over someone I never met. May his fire burn forever in our hearts so that we carry on his happy war from hell against our enemies.

TXUS on March 2, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Many have expressed a bewilderment of their own very strong reaction to this loss. I, like most, never had the good fortune to have met this man. But my heart knows this “stranger” gave me gifts nonetheless. His passion, gave me inspiration, …his boldness, gave me courage… his megaphone, gave me one…and when he landed those political punches, it gave me total satisfaction. I could go on, but perhaps AB touched many of us in the same way. I just think sometimes our heart knows this before our head does.

lynncgb on March 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Mr. Whittle’s video is great. The media is the enemy. No one should care that much that strangers dislike them. Especially when they have so many people who love them.

Cindy Munford on March 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I had always wondered if there is any connection with continual Blackberry use and heart problems.

RIP Mr. Breitbart. I’m still reeling from this loss.

Urban Infidel on March 3, 2012 at 10:45 AM

We must get to the point that we can stand up for what is right and for our principle. Conservatives seem to want to “get along” and we dont want to make our liberal friends mad. I have been to dinner with liberal friends and just change the subject so I wont make them mad when political items come up. That is how they have brought this country to where we find it. They have controlled the discourse. They have called us racist and mean and uncaring and we have allowed ourselves to feel GUILTY from their confrontations! Breitbart brought that to a stop in his arena. We need to do the same so his courage will not have failed.

AnnaS on March 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM

AnnaS on March 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Don’t let Andrew’s death be in vain. We must all be fearless & speak up & out, especially to friends & family.

redridinghood on March 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Damn, I’m gonna miss that man. And I never even met him.

RebeccaH on March 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM

For a man I only knew through the media, his death hurts like a close family member. This old, retired LEO, of which seeing death as common.

Since the passing of Andrew Breitbart I have used the Kleenex box more than I’ve used it in the past year. Breitbart will be missed by millions.

If only I could thank him for the education I have received from him over the years.

Conservative4Ever on March 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Excellent advice from Whittle.

Bullhead on March 3, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Mr. Whittle has good advice… look after yourself, and your loved ones..

get the tests,..

Listen to your doctors,..

My condition, though hard for me, isn’t life threatening. Arthritis hasn’t killed anyone I know of, or ruined discs,.. just I have lost family to cancer.. there’s no heart disease in my family I’m aware of.. cancer is our killer..

Take some time to enjoy your life,.. ease up on the stress..

I lost a casual friend in 79, he was walking across the parking lot on his way in to work, and dropped there from a blood clot in an artory in his brain, he went into a coma, and passed away two days later.. he was 39. My sister died from bone cancer at 23..

People die young,.. too young.. but these days medicine is better than it was, and alot of times if they catch something early, they can extend your life by years.. years with your loved ones you don’t want to loose.

Listen to your doctor.. k..

mark81150 on March 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Go Rest High on that Mountain, AB.

JPeterman on March 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Thank you for that link. One of the most beautiful songs written and sung by one of the most beautiful voices. I am deeply mourning the passing of Breitbart because no one can fill his shoes. He was such a warrior for our side. I loved the RedEye tribute and learning more about him from those who knew him well.

silvernana on March 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM

THE ENEMY IS THE MEDIA.

They will be extraordinarily difficult to defeat. Palin understands this well.

talkingpoints on March 3, 2012 at 6:03 PM