Quotes of the day

posted at 10:14 pm on March 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

“‘We want a conservative nominee because that’s our best chance of winning. Look at the races in the last 30 years, we nominated a moderate: [John] McCain, [Bob] Dole, Gerald Ford. When George [H.W.] Bush ran for re-election back in 1992, after raising taxes and increasing spending. They all ran as moderates. We all lost,’ Santorum said.

“‘Every time we’ve run as a conservative, we’ve won,’ the candidate continued. ‘Why? Because Americans want a choice. If it’s a difference between somebody, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, you know what, this country is going to probably going to stick with the person they know. We need to have a sharp contrast. Someone who paints a very different vision for America.’”

***

“‘I have the perfect candidate — Jeb Bush. But he’s not running,’ former George W. Bush chief of staff Andy Card told Charlie Rose on CBS on Wednesday, echoing the sentiments of many in his party.

“‘What Democrat would not worry about a popular leader from a critical state who sounds pretty moderate and can rescue the GOP from its anti-Latino death grip?’ asked former Bill Clinton press secretary Mike McCurry, who said he’s yet to find a Democratic elder who thinks the GOP is truly ‘unhinged’ enough to consider ditching Romney for Bush…

“‘Don’t buy the bulls—- about us not being worried about Jeb,’ added a veteran Democratic operative. ‘He’s a tough matchup even if his last name is Bush.’”

***

“But beyond being one of Poppy’s boys, the actual Jeb Bush would have another problem as a candidate. The party has marched inexorably to the right in a way that leaves him decidedly out of step

“When a Republican says he ‘used to be a conservative,’ he means he doesn’t much like the party’s rightward lurch. Are angry primary voters who have given Rick Santorum a series of victories (and a near-miss in Mitt Romney’s home state of Michigan) going to flock to a candidate who talks like that?

“Then there is Bush’s somewhat moderate approach to immigration. Jeb is fluent in Spanish and married to a Mexican-born woman; that would seem an ideal profile for a party that badly needs to attract Hispanics. But Jeb opposed Arizona’s harsh law cracking down on those here illegally and similar efforts in other states.”

***

“Let’s be honest, the marriage between the Republican Party and the tea party has always been a marriage of convenience — and an uncomfortable marriage of convenience at best. Unfortunately, this marriage is no longer working and it is time for both sides to move on. Call it irreconcilable differences…

“Moderate talking heads like David Brooks and David Frum, along with their ideological soul mates on the Hill, attacked the tea party as ‘radical’ and ridiculed tea party activists as politically naïve.

“Both the moderate and the conservative establishment types feared that the dirty, unwashed masses of the tea party might actually change how things are done in Washington — leaving them and their K Street buddies out of power and out of work…

“Now, unfortunately, the tea party is seen as just another Republican Party interest group. Another interest group to be used for fundraising and to turn out votes on Election Day, and then to be ignored when the politicians get back to doing the work of Washington.”

***

“‘We spend a lot of time talking about other countries, particularly the Middle East and places where there’s a lot of religious excessive demand,’ Mr. Kerry said. ‘But here in our own country, we have our own fundamentalists and we have our own excesses of demand today, and expectation with respect to towing the line.’…

“‘Why are we stuck? Why is this the way it is? Why does Olympia Snowe leave? Why are we gridlocked?’ he asked rhetorically. ‘Well, I’ll tell you in very simple terms; certain people in the leadership of the United States Congress have made a decision that their primary objective is not fixing the economy, it is defeating this president. And they have decided to do everything possible to gridlock everything in order that we all look bad and then people throw everybody out and they’ll come into power.’…

“‘It’s the most depressingly small minded, venal unpatriotic thing I’ve ever seen in my life,’ he said.”

***

“In a politically diverse nation, only by finding that common ground can we achieve results for the common good. That is not happening today and, frankly, I do not see it happening in the near future.

“For change to occur, our leaders must understand that there is not only strength in compromise, courage in conciliation and honor in consensus-building — but also a political reward for following these tenets. That reward will be real only if the people demonstrate their desire for politicians to come together after the planks in their respective party platforms do not prevail.

“I certainly don’t have all the answers, and reversing the corrosive trend of winner-take-all politics will take time. But as I enter a new chapter in my life, I see a critical need to engender public support for the political center, for our democracy to flourish and to find solutions that unite rather than divide us.

“I do not believe that, in the near term, the Senate can correct itself from within. It is by nature a political entity and, therefore, there must be a benefit to working across the aisle.”

***

“Among the biases of the mainstream political media, the most absurd is the adoration of the ‘moderate.’ When Maine’s Olympia Snowe, the most liberal Senate Republican, announced her retirement Tuesday, it sparked an avalanche of lamentation and praise of this ‘dying breed’ of moderate…

“New York Times columnist David Brooks blames the Tea Partiers and other grassroots conservatives (‘wingers,’ he calls them) for making the GOP “more and more insular, more and more rigid” and being too intolerant of compromise. Someone should show Brooks the GOP presidential field. The ever-changing policy views of front-runner Mitt Romney can be derided in many ways, but never as ‘rigid.’ Nor can the mercurial Newt Gingrich be pinned down as unbending…

“Moderates are as guilty as anyone of being intolerant when faced with conflicts within the GOP. Frum blasted as ‘Unpatriotic’ those conservatives who failed to support George W. Bush’s ill-considered invasion of Iraq, and urged all conservatives to “turn [their] backs” on these heretics. Brooks himself draws some pretty rigid boundaries of permissible dissent, excoriating as ‘nihilists’ those who opposed the unprecedented and unfair Troubled Asset Relief Program in 2008…

“Frum’s attempted purges, Specter’s naked self-preservation, and Tauzin’s and Bayh’s self-enrichment show moderates are no more tolerant or altruistic than the ‘wingers’ Brooks fears. Moderates in both parties may be a dying breed, but maybe not one worth saving.”

***

“In the real world, Republican members of Congress who scoffed at ideology spent decades cutting corrupt deals, buying votes with pork barrel spending, and expanding government to unsustainable levels while sweeping our nation’s long-term problems under the rug.

“Traditionally, Republicans would complain about big government while collaborating with Democrats to augment its size and scope. Yet last year, the House of Representatives passed the first serious plan to reform entitlements and balance the long-term budget, with all but four Republicans voting for Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan’s proposal…

“If it were up to Obama and ‘responsible’ moderates, the debt ceiling would have been raised without much fanfare, like business as usual. But the Tea Party protesters forced the issue, and that’s the only reason Obama has budget savings to tout.

“Despite how the fairy tale goes, in reality the backslapping Republican moderates are the ones who helped bring this nation to the brink of financial ruin. And only bold and principled conservative leadership can save us.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Danzig – Thirteen

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I like it. Very much.

Reminded me of a young Robbie Robertson.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:25 AM

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:16 AM

You are right about the album Days of our Future Passed it is consummate..Way ahead of its time..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I was but a wee boy when I turned on to Tuesday Afternoon. I must’ve listened to that album a million times. You had to wait patiently for Knights In White Satin.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Hitler vs. Vader

this one’s hilarious

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Hang in there Error 404…!!!

(good night all…)

Seven Percent Solution on March 3, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Reminded me of a young Robbie Robertson.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Love that one.

I also have Showdown at Big Sky. Not as big a fan of some of his others unless you know any and might recommend some?

Another one that I like. My niece listened to this one and I liked it.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:30 AM

you know any and might recommend some?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Remember that Robbie was part of The Band.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Zevon was a master wordsmith. Lines like “Where’s the woman that was my friend?” and “Grandpa pissed his pants again”. OK I kid about the second one but that line was in “Play it all night long”.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Was it you that suggested I give him a listen? I listened to Mr Bad Example and that was a fun tune but some of the others were good as well.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Someone recommended this guy and he has some good ones. Carmelita by the Cowboy Junkies is another one I like.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:00 AM

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 2:32 AM

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Yes it was me. I heard about him on HA when someone was talking about “Send lawyers, guns and money.” I have listened to a whole bunch of Mr. Zevon while cooking dinner and drinking wine over the last six months.
John Prine is another artist you might like. Definitely some off the wall stuff.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Remember that Robbie was part of The Band.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I didn’t know that. I definitely have some others of his then.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Godsmack sorta sucks…so does Nirvana. I know no one linked Nirvana but I like saying they suck cause they did.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:36 AM

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I will look into him as well. Thanks for the tip!

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:38 AM

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:28 AM

When you can combine orchestra and Rock & Roll you have a classic winning combo..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I know no one linked Nirvana but I like saying they suck cause they did.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:36 AM

And the Beatles sucked, and so did the Rolling Stones.

Are you out of your flipping mind?

Nirvana broke pop music into a thousand pieces. And I’m sorry you can’t see the artistry, because Cobain was a profound songwriter. You have to be willing to dive into heroin pain to understand it.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:42 AM

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Here is Nirvana’s Lithium. There is no better realization of the Jekyll-Hyde of Ego-Id in a song. The ego is telling him how to be good, but he keeps losing himself to pure impulse.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:49 AM

symphony and rock and roll

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:49 AM

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Yeah…not a big Nirvana fan myself (although In Bloom is one of my favorite tunes ever…don’t know why, but it always grabs me)…but to insinuate they weren’t one of the most influential bands of all time is just ignoring history.

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 2:51 AM

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Thumbs up..John Prine is awesome..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:51 AM

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:42 AM

+ 1000..I am with you..Nirvana rocks..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:53 AM

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Thumbs up.. The S&M CD is a must have for Metallica fans..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:53 AM

You have to be willing to dive into heroin pain to understand it.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:42 AM

haha…I know you couldn’t possibly know this but I was a heroin addict for five years. Nirvana sucked. Show me a song that wasn’t a three chord progression with Kurt butchering the melody…you can’t.

The Beatles were awesome, and yes – the Stones sucked too :)

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Lithium was a great tune too.

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 2:57 AM

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I’m grateful you made it out. That’s the one drug I haven’t touched because of the intense propaganda in my “health” classes as a kid, I stuck with the psychedelics.

Maybe it’s just down to saying I “get” Nirvana. Cobain was searching for God. Hope he found Him.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Karthago – Requiem

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:58 AM

John – you wanna talk Opium fueled genius, check out Marcy Playground.

This is what I call profound metaphor. life in a nutshell

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:59 AM

This is what I call profound metaphor.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:59 AM

That was a GREAT flippin’ song.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:05 AM

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Cobain could write, I’ll give him that. I’m not a fan of his vocals. I don’t think he was a skilled musician. Now their drummer – liberal puke though he be – is a great musician.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Show me a song that wasn’t a three chord progression

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:54 AM

The only criticism you can make from a musician’s standpoint is that Nirvana buried the major third frequently, but the “butchering” of melody was intentional angst.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:10 AM

That was a GREAT flippin’ song.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:05 AM

yeah, they’re a great band. Never broke out except for Sex and Candy, but all of their albums are superb.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:11 AM

You really think the Stones sucked?

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Nirvana sucked…The DID have an impact on music, though…Grohl rocks…

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM

I get the intentional angst argument, but I just can’t stand bad singing. You can yell and still be good. That guy’s angsty :)

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Now their drummer – liberal puke though he be – is a great musician.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Yeah yeah, Foo Fighters just won a bunch of grammys. They’ve got a few tunes, but have never roped me in.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:17 AM

You really think the Stones sucked?

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Nice.

Care for some vocals from Keith?

(I am convinced that he is already embalmed with all of the chemicals in his body…)

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:19 AM

You really think the Stones sucked?

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:12 AM

hehe – sometimes I say stuff for sh!ts and giggles. You Can’t Always Get What You Want is one of my favorites – freakin’ genius with the choir in the background.

I’ll throw up if I ever hear Satisfaction again though. I have to tread carefully cause it’s still on the radio constantly.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:22 AM

You can yell and still be good. That guy’s angsty :)

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM

That was another big winner. But it’s not hard adding testosterone to Tears for Queers.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Nirvana sucked…The DID have an impact on music, though…Grohl rocks…

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Leave it to my Arkansas friend to blatantly contradict himself in the same sentence…

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:19 AM

good one.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM

hahahahahaha

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Overlooked, what a shame.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:32 AM

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM

They sit around yelling “soooooo-weeeeee” on Saturdays…

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM

A little Breitbart remembrance – he said once that Nirvana was the worst thing that ever happened to America :) He was a big 80′s/New Romance/Duran Duran fan. That guy cracked me up.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Watching RedEye. Did you guys see the Cain ad?

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Meat Puppets! hell yeah

I’m waiting for the DVR to record the whole thing Cyclone…can’t stand commercials.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Cain Solutions ad…
Okay – the first time I watch it I say WTF?!?!?!

The second time – I think I like it. It’s like the ad with the smoker. It is so stupid it’s awesome.

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:39 AM

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM

They did suck…They did have an impact in that they helped popularize the grunge music scene…Grohl does rock…

It shouldn’t be hard for even you to understand the above, wordsmith…Are you working on anything that will soon be in theaters near and far?

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 3:42 AM

That guy cracked me up.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Breitbart forgot what opened the 80s was PUNK

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:42 AM

They sit around yelling “soooooo-weeeeee” on Saturdays…

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM

I’ll have you know that there is standing involved AND arm movements…

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Are you working on anything that will soon be in theaters near and far?

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 3:42 AM

I’m getting paid, that’s all I can say. Sucks to have to remain anonymous, but if anyone knew I was a libertarian freak, well…

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:44 AM

I’ll have you know that there is standing involved AND arm movements…

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Ha!

I gotta get up there for a game. Just to hear it in person. It can’t be any worse than Starkville and the cow bells.

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:45 AM

hahahahahahaha…that’s hilarious! Cain’s standing on a cliff staring off to the horizon – perfect!

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:45 AM

PETA will probably be on his @ss for that poor goldyfish

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM

PETA will probably be on his @ss for that poor goldyfish

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Yeah – they’re kinda predictable that way, huh?

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Yep, I understand…

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Gotta love a place where the SEC doesn’t even try to enforce their rules against noise makers…

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 3:50 AM

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM

already huh? losers.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 3:50 AM

It’s hard to separate the inappropriate noise makers from the appropriate cowbells being worn around the coed’s necks.

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:53 AM

I’m outta here, gonna catch Red Eye and sleep it off.

later John, cyclone, gohawgs

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM

already huh? losers.

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Yeah – that story pi$$ed me off. I knew they were CSers at PETA but I thought they at least respected animals.

Fact is they care for animals the way the left cares for blacks. It’s a means to a political end…that’s all.

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Yeah – they’re kinda predictable that way, huh?

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Good Lord. I would have swallowed the fish like the worm from a Mescal bottle. What a nation of pussies we’ve become.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM

I’m outta here, gonna catch Red Eye and sleep it off.

later John, cyclone, gohawgs

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Later. Enjoy.

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Thanks for the candidness and thanks for the GREAT tunes.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 3:59 AM

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Yep…

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Yep…

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 4:06 AM

My wife has a close friend that is a black single mother conservative.

Her perspective is amazing – as she sees the left for what they truly are. She told me a story the other night about how when her pastor was critical of Obama one Sunday, half the congregation got up and walked out.

Very telling of just who it is people are worshiping these days.

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 4:10 AM

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Group Lemming think…

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 4:12 AM

Alright – I am off to feed a baby and go to bed. Enjoy the weekend.

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Alright – I am off to feed a baby and go to bed. Enjoy the weekend.

CycloneCDB on March 3, 2012 at 4:17 AM

You have a Pac-10 fan there?

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 4:18 AM

Forbidden Planet is on TCM. Id, id, id…I’m off to watch Robby…

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 4:28 AM

Pink Floyd

SparkPlug on March 3, 2012 at 4:37 AM

Hey, this thread is pointless.
The primary season is as good as over.
Now that Mitt has the endorsements of Ted Nugent & Kid Rock, he can forget about Rick, Newt, & Ron.

itsnotaboutme on March 3, 2012 at 5:56 AM

…..we have our own Fundamentalists……

Yes, served in Vietnam Senator Kerry you are right. There are wacky religious nuts in the country. I’m guessing he’s referring to the PROGRESSIVES and their religion and their GOD, the Government? I mean they have all the trappings of the cult that is.

They have a Revolving high Priest (right now it’s Obama, next up Cuomo or Emmanuel). They also have the blood covered altar of Abortion………and on and on.

Is that the excess that Senator Kerry is talking about?

I agree Senator Kerry we need to keep you religious fanatics away from imposing your “religious” beliefs on our society.

No more PROGRESSIVES controlling the state!!!

Though the revolving High Priest (President) wear a Red Republican robe or the Blue cloth of a Democrat.

PappyD61 on March 3, 2012 at 7:35 AM

……and the Progressive religion

….also has Pastors in their flocks to guard the sheep and keep them in the pen. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and Vann Jones are just a few. Where Priests and Pastors in Christian religious circles talk about how worshippers of truth (and the Christian God can receive healing or wisdom or other benefits from attendance……the PROGRESSIVE Pastors like Jackson and Sharpton focus on their God, GOVERNMENT and what it can do for its worshippers. The God of Government that Progressives worship can provide you with Food stamps, medical care, train you for a job and now we learn can even mandate your sex be paid for by non believers (taxpayers).

Progressivism is a religion NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

PappyD61 on March 3, 2012 at 7:43 AM

ddrintn on March 3, 2012 at 7:52 AM

In the interest of political reconciliation, I propose that we double the bounty on dirty RINOs! Surely that is something that the left and right can agree on. Here’s another:
No MOre Bushes

james23 on March 3, 2012 at 8:30 AM

But seriously folks, the center is disappearing because there is no longer agreement on the basics. There are two Americas: Socialist America and Free America, and those two strains agree on nothing. They are mortal enemies.

The Constitution is largely ignored by the left, viewed as a relic from a long gone era. For Free Americans, it is the touchstone. Without agreement across the political spectrum on the Constitution as written, there is no Union, only a naked political power struggle. Just look around the globe, naked power struggles invariably turn destructive and violent. Of course that is to be avoided. But there is no center course, no possibility for reaching across the aisle, when there is no agreement on basics.

Its a bad political marriage. Both sides would be far better off to go their separate ways peaceably. Split the silver, wish each other luck and build two new unions to replace the one that has cracked.

james23 on March 3, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I guess we’re not haggling over the price anymore.

SlaveDog on March 2, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Section 1068 of Affordable Health Care…
Obama gets to set the price….
There is a label for him….
Hmmmm.

Electrongod on March 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Glad you didn’t mention the label -Rush just got in big trouble for doing that.

You guys are too good….

Don L on March 3, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Where are the good guys going….I’ll move out of Godless Connecticut….where are the good guys going?

Don L on March 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM

james23 on March 3, 2012 at 8:43

You know who could probably come up with a plan for that? Newt.
You could have the Basic American plan, which chips in 10% for defense and highways and basic government; and the Diapers to Depends plan, where you pay 100% of your earnings to the government and they dole out what they can afford to pay you to live on.

Night Owl on March 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Those quotes and opinions from the usual suspects are nauseating.

Ahem …
Jeb Bush is an anti-capitalist, left-of-center squish like his daddy.
He’ll become POTUS only in his dreams.

And this gem:

“‘It’s the most depressingly small minded, venal unpatriotic thing I’ve ever seen in my life,’ he [Jean Kerée] said.”

I agree. Sen. Kerry’s behavior in Vietnam (and Cambodia if you believe that idiot) was atrocious. Self-inflicted wounds used to be punishable under the UCMJ. The Democrats in the Senate have absolutely hijacked the Congress and they seem perfectly okay with that. WHO is the “obstructionist”?

Repeal the 17th Amendment and the silver-spoon, stolen valor types like Kerée will be history in very short order.

Oh, did I mention that Jean Kerée couldn’t even beat that “stupid hick” from Texas?
Go away, poseur … follow Olympia Snowe’s example.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on March 3, 2012 at 9:02 AM

How come the calls for “moderation” are always — always — aimed at conservatives? How come no one ever demands that liberals become moderates? How come no one looks at Barack Obama or Nancy Pelosi, and notes how far out of the mainstream they are? This is exactly like the “civility” debate – a false narrative aimed away from the very people to whom it should be applied.

Rational Thought on March 3, 2012 at 9:11 AM

We don’t need no more Stinking Compassionate Conservatism!

vietvet68 on March 3, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I was big fan of GW but after his people on McCain staff and Romney people set out to destroy Palin they can all go to He!!

KBird on March 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I’m sure he was talking about Obozo’s many policy gaffes, and his wonton destruction of our country and it’s economy. In fact, I would say that it is “depressingly samll-minded, venal and unpatriotic” to not want to get this Obimbo the hell out of the White House.

NOMOBO on March 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Rational Thought on March 3, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Exactly. Ignore this stuff. Flak, target etc.

Missy on March 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM

This is such an Orwellian lie. It is the Democrats who are trying to gridlock congress in order for the Presdient to run against a do nothing congress. It is the Democrats who won’t do a budget so they can actually have to answer what their priorities are to the people. It is the Democrats who have made no attempt to save our country from its future fiscal ruin. Ugh.

I’m lsing my faith in the Republican Party. I’m not sure they ever wanted to win this thing. Its disgusting. We have a B string of candidates who are fighting eachother to the death and we have a peanut gallery getting off their own shots just to make sure we don’t stand a chance in hell. Maybe we do need a third party. We need a new dynamic to take power away from these fools on both sides of the aisle. I’m so fed up with this.

magicbeans on March 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

How do the Tea Partiers get the blame, all they was is fiscal responsibility? If that’s too much to ask, we are so screwed.

Cindy Munford on March 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM

You mean these guys:

“Our Country faces the most predictable economic crisis in history, yet our leaders in Washington continue to play politics and avoid making the tough decision needed to solve these problems.”

From the preface of the Simpson-Bowles Commission findings.

jb34461 on March 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Hows the server this afternoon? Just checkin back in to see if I got banned for anything last night, I take back everything I said about Allahs cat and Meghan Mc.

Did we find out who the cyber attackers were maybe OBlahBlahs goons squad?

Any word on how many contraceptives Fluck used last night? If we’re gonna pay for we should be able to have a reciept or something don’t ya think?

Ccr6 on March 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 1:11 PM

“I come to you with huge humility… I don’t come here to be partisan, but I’m going to tell you facts.”

Oh. Shucks. I thought he was dragging his tail between his legs with great humility in preparation to make an Official Non-Partisan Apology for his small minded venal act of throwing someone else’s Vietnam War medals over the White House fence while claiming they were his own. Which, of course, his own medals are actually nicely framed and hanging high on the wall of his office directly behind his chair.

Or, perhaps, he was going to apologize for hating America before he allegedly loved it? Dumping his millionaire wife for a billionaire wife? Stuffing his own buttocks with rice kernels to claim a purple heart? I dunno… there is so very much he should personally apologize for but heck, apologizing for America being America is just so exhausting.

Senator John Kerry has clearly demonstrated that he certainly knows a lot about depressingly small minded, venal unpatriotic things over the last few decades — so I will defer to his demonstrable expertise in that regard. Although, coming from Senator Kerry, an American career politician who never met a communist dictator he didn’t like and even went so far as to secretly travel to foreign dictatorships (as opposed to our own domestic dictatorship) to illegally negotiate with them resulting in absolutely nothing but perpetuating the America Apology Tour, well, I’m not so certain that he is actually being completely honest with his ‘facts’ at any time.

Maybe his good ol’ buddy Wade Sanders can weigh in on this.

‘Unfit for Command’ — indeed.

SD Tom on March 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM

SD Tom on March 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Wrong thread?

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Andy Card, a MA GOP first generation RINO, longtime Bush butt boy,who makes Scott Brown look like General Curtis LeMay.

wraithby on March 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM

N A S C A R

R O C K S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you let Plouffe and OJugears get away with their cheap diversion, then you are playing their game. STOP IT.

’tis bullspittle to be generous about the matter. It is pure unadulterated bullshit on the other side of the equation. Facts aren’t cogent when you’re debating one of these pant-loads.

The benefit of the doubt automatically attunes to our side; they have broken their allowance of logic and reason quite some time ago.

E F F

T H E M.

_________________________________________________________________________

Especially the Know-it-all shxt for brains self-appointed geniuses.

You know who you are.

Kenny, my pet. Will you marry me?

hillbillyjim on March 4, 2012 at 6:48 AM