Quotes of the day

posted at 10:14 pm on March 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

“‘We want a conservative nominee because that’s our best chance of winning. Look at the races in the last 30 years, we nominated a moderate: [John] McCain, [Bob] Dole, Gerald Ford. When George [H.W.] Bush ran for re-election back in 1992, after raising taxes and increasing spending. They all ran as moderates. We all lost,’ Santorum said.

“‘Every time we’ve run as a conservative, we’ve won,’ the candidate continued. ‘Why? Because Americans want a choice. If it’s a difference between somebody, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, you know what, this country is going to probably going to stick with the person they know. We need to have a sharp contrast. Someone who paints a very different vision for America.’”

***

“‘I have the perfect candidate — Jeb Bush. But he’s not running,’ former George W. Bush chief of staff Andy Card told Charlie Rose on CBS on Wednesday, echoing the sentiments of many in his party.

“‘What Democrat would not worry about a popular leader from a critical state who sounds pretty moderate and can rescue the GOP from its anti-Latino death grip?’ asked former Bill Clinton press secretary Mike McCurry, who said he’s yet to find a Democratic elder who thinks the GOP is truly ‘unhinged’ enough to consider ditching Romney for Bush…

“‘Don’t buy the bulls—- about us not being worried about Jeb,’ added a veteran Democratic operative. ‘He’s a tough matchup even if his last name is Bush.’”

***

“But beyond being one of Poppy’s boys, the actual Jeb Bush would have another problem as a candidate. The party has marched inexorably to the right in a way that leaves him decidedly out of step

“When a Republican says he ‘used to be a conservative,’ he means he doesn’t much like the party’s rightward lurch. Are angry primary voters who have given Rick Santorum a series of victories (and a near-miss in Mitt Romney’s home state of Michigan) going to flock to a candidate who talks like that?

“Then there is Bush’s somewhat moderate approach to immigration. Jeb is fluent in Spanish and married to a Mexican-born woman; that would seem an ideal profile for a party that badly needs to attract Hispanics. But Jeb opposed Arizona’s harsh law cracking down on those here illegally and similar efforts in other states.”

***

“Let’s be honest, the marriage between the Republican Party and the tea party has always been a marriage of convenience — and an uncomfortable marriage of convenience at best. Unfortunately, this marriage is no longer working and it is time for both sides to move on. Call it irreconcilable differences…

“Moderate talking heads like David Brooks and David Frum, along with their ideological soul mates on the Hill, attacked the tea party as ‘radical’ and ridiculed tea party activists as politically naïve.

“Both the moderate and the conservative establishment types feared that the dirty, unwashed masses of the tea party might actually change how things are done in Washington — leaving them and their K Street buddies out of power and out of work…

“Now, unfortunately, the tea party is seen as just another Republican Party interest group. Another interest group to be used for fundraising and to turn out votes on Election Day, and then to be ignored when the politicians get back to doing the work of Washington.”

***

“‘We spend a lot of time talking about other countries, particularly the Middle East and places where there’s a lot of religious excessive demand,’ Mr. Kerry said. ‘But here in our own country, we have our own fundamentalists and we have our own excesses of demand today, and expectation with respect to towing the line.’…

“‘Why are we stuck? Why is this the way it is? Why does Olympia Snowe leave? Why are we gridlocked?’ he asked rhetorically. ‘Well, I’ll tell you in very simple terms; certain people in the leadership of the United States Congress have made a decision that their primary objective is not fixing the economy, it is defeating this president. And they have decided to do everything possible to gridlock everything in order that we all look bad and then people throw everybody out and they’ll come into power.’…

“‘It’s the most depressingly small minded, venal unpatriotic thing I’ve ever seen in my life,’ he said.”

***

“In a politically diverse nation, only by finding that common ground can we achieve results for the common good. That is not happening today and, frankly, I do not see it happening in the near future.

“For change to occur, our leaders must understand that there is not only strength in compromise, courage in conciliation and honor in consensus-building — but also a political reward for following these tenets. That reward will be real only if the people demonstrate their desire for politicians to come together after the planks in their respective party platforms do not prevail.

“I certainly don’t have all the answers, and reversing the corrosive trend of winner-take-all politics will take time. But as I enter a new chapter in my life, I see a critical need to engender public support for the political center, for our democracy to flourish and to find solutions that unite rather than divide us.

“I do not believe that, in the near term, the Senate can correct itself from within. It is by nature a political entity and, therefore, there must be a benefit to working across the aisle.”

***

“Among the biases of the mainstream political media, the most absurd is the adoration of the ‘moderate.’ When Maine’s Olympia Snowe, the most liberal Senate Republican, announced her retirement Tuesday, it sparked an avalanche of lamentation and praise of this ‘dying breed’ of moderate…

“New York Times columnist David Brooks blames the Tea Partiers and other grassroots conservatives (‘wingers,’ he calls them) for making the GOP “more and more insular, more and more rigid” and being too intolerant of compromise. Someone should show Brooks the GOP presidential field. The ever-changing policy views of front-runner Mitt Romney can be derided in many ways, but never as ‘rigid.’ Nor can the mercurial Newt Gingrich be pinned down as unbending…

“Moderates are as guilty as anyone of being intolerant when faced with conflicts within the GOP. Frum blasted as ‘Unpatriotic’ those conservatives who failed to support George W. Bush’s ill-considered invasion of Iraq, and urged all conservatives to “turn [their] backs” on these heretics. Brooks himself draws some pretty rigid boundaries of permissible dissent, excoriating as ‘nihilists’ those who opposed the unprecedented and unfair Troubled Asset Relief Program in 2008…

“Frum’s attempted purges, Specter’s naked self-preservation, and Tauzin’s and Bayh’s self-enrichment show moderates are no more tolerant or altruistic than the ‘wingers’ Brooks fears. Moderates in both parties may be a dying breed, but maybe not one worth saving.”

***

“In the real world, Republican members of Congress who scoffed at ideology spent decades cutting corrupt deals, buying votes with pork barrel spending, and expanding government to unsustainable levels while sweeping our nation’s long-term problems under the rug.

“Traditionally, Republicans would complain about big government while collaborating with Democrats to augment its size and scope. Yet last year, the House of Representatives passed the first serious plan to reform entitlements and balance the long-term budget, with all but four Republicans voting for Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan’s proposal…

“If it were up to Obama and ‘responsible’ moderates, the debt ceiling would have been raised without much fanfare, like business as usual. But the Tea Party protesters forced the issue, and that’s the only reason Obama has budget savings to tout.

“Despite how the fairy tale goes, in reality the backslapping Republican moderates are the ones who helped bring this nation to the brink of financial ruin. And only bold and principled conservative leadership can save us.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Santorum and Newt are the one’s we made fun of at the start of this slow-mo disaster and yet they are the best we have left.

I see no real point to a Romney candidacy. Why not stick with Obama for the last deathride?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:46 AM

So, which one?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Seriously, who’s fluking with the posts!?!
MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM
janet napolitano.
SparkPlug on March 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Did she hook her treadmill up to the interwebs???

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I guess I will have to become a Mittbot.

Mitt is horrible but not as horrible as the others who are horribler.

Its kind of a Fluke we are stuck with him.

SparkPlug on March 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Error 404–one of my favorite bands.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

SparkPlug on March 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Like I said, they all suck! Mitt was a fore-gone conclusion. We have no say. We will vote for him and like it! Just ask the gilled one. She’ll school ya!

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Seriously, who’s fluking with the posts!?!

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM

janet napolitano.

SparkPlug on March 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

This one seems appropriate.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

What number were you?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I was number five. My sister was number six. The baby and favored one.

So, which one?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Santorum. Newt is OK, but he loses his cool too easily.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Thanks guys its been a fun end to a upside down week Now Im goin to bed with visions of Flucks in my head rollin around with some greasy pimply prospective lawyer kid in a bed full of my money, Fluck the Lyin kING

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

California Dreaming is on the side bar at that clip. Also good.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Classic tune!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

press any key to continue.

SparkPlug on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

This thread demonstrates the importance of properly quoting someone

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I was number five. My sister was number six. The baby and favored one.

Middle children are the best, though. We grow up learning to facilitate things. :-)

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Santorum. Newt is OK, but he loses his cool too easily.
sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Problem is, Rick doesn’t have any cool…

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I want Newt and Mitt to weigh in. I think the more people *not political junkies* think about what’s going on here the more they will come to the right conclusion. This is all truly a fundamental change. This debate about BC pills couldn’t have happened 10 years ago and that was good. The idea of funding BC pills and store bought condoms to college kids from good homes all free of charge whenever they wanted its…

And Flukes testimony was unbelievable. Shame is not a useless emotion. We should feel a little bit of it at least. I feel embarrassed if I just meet someone and they start going on about their very personal details. I mean , she gave us the business about her self and a friend of hers. Some friend. Couldn’t she keep it in the abstract?

Well, I’m happy about this. Let’s get this stuff out in the open. I’m happy when leftists are leftists and they let it all hang out. They usually are lying about what they really believe.

BoxHead1 on March 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Good night, pleasant dreams. Backward but pleasant. : )

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Well I grew up with older brothers being mean to me, a spoiled younger sister and the bitter, bitter knowledge that there really is no justice in the world. A rather useful lesson if I do say so myself.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Error 404–one of my favorite bands.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rePcHxFJIuU Try this one!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM

predator on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Love Alice, he hung out with one of my favorite painters. While I tried for the sixth time to post this, I thought I would take the time to right this.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM

press any key to continue.

SparkPlug on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

With illustration.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Nope. Polygamy is illegal. ;)

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Got it I think..Did you just recently get married??..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Nope. Polygamy is illegal. ;)
MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Got it I think..Did you just recently get married??..:)
Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

In a way, yes in that it’s not a secret; but actually since last fall. I finally tracked down that Flukin’ AnninCA!!!

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

This thread demonstrates the importance of properly quoting someone

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Yet another hunting tool taken away. Ed?

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

This thread demonstrates the importance of properly quoting someone

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Amen to that..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Problem is, Rick doesn’t have any cool…

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I got my fill of ‘cool’ with Obama.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:07 AM

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM

But who’s the best boy now? (Hint: say to yourself, Me! I’m the best boy!)

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:07 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

You truly have won the grand prize, my boy! Congrats!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I think this blog has herpes. They should rename it Hot Fluke.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Problem is, Rick doesn’t have any cool…
MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM
I got my fill of ‘cool’ with Obama.
sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I see a similarity … But that’s me, and I just want Obama out…

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM
You truly have won the grand prize, my boy! Congrats!
cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Between her and Ratty …

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:09 AM

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Justice has nothing to do with it. I like the effect it had on you. I hope you do.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Very nice but the poor guy looks like KeninCT. At least he is talented, has a personality, and can probably get chicks.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 1:11 AM

LOL!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rePcHxFJIuU Try this one!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Thread song!

predator on March 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Great, delusions of grandeur. No wonder effective compromise has become impossible. It may be hard for the self-righteous disciples to face “the real world”, but the budget was balanced only 10 years ago under Clinton and a moderate GOP House.

Question- how can legislation be “serious” when it has no chance of being passed into law? I suppose that it’s the same kind of serious you find in Newt’s plans for lunar conquest.
bayam on March 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I guess bayam endorses Newt…

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Yes this country will balance its budget by selling moon rocks to the rest of the world.

bayam on March 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Enjoy him while you can. KeninCT that is.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM

But who’s the best boy now? (Hint: say to yourself, Me! I’m the best boy!)

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:07 AM

LOL

It was sort of a mixed bag. I think I turned out to be decent person which is about all we can hope for.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I agree. I think its important that kids learn they are not the most important thing in the world. If they grow up thinking they are the center of the universe they don’t usually turn out well.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I will always owe you a debt of gratitude.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:16 AM

What for?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:15 AM

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I will always owe you a debt of gratitude.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Enjoy him while you can. KeninCT that is.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Somewhere a bridge is lonely.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 1:16 AM

predator on March 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

True, how true, its confusing.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Well I missed it so let me take the time to say this..I hope you have got as good a person as your bride did..I wish you much happiness and a blessed life together..Congrats!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM

LOL

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Aim low and you’ll seldom be disappointed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I&feature=branded

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 1:16 AM

That’s what I’m talkin bout. ; ) This post took 7 trys. HotGas is running out of gas.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM

bayam on March 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Nope. Obama tried that and no one likes the Volt. -1300 jobs…

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Error 404–one of my favorite bands.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

What’s the old joke line? “She did poorly, but you did great.”

Congrats.

And with that I have to hit the rack. I’ve been up since 4:00 this morn.

I’ll see y’all tomorrow. Or yesterday, depending on the situation with the servers.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Good one..Excellent band!..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM

That’s a decent song.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Thanks, Dire and predator.

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:24 AM

What for?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:15 AM

My first day, my first Bishop, take a look just a bit down the page. You’ll see why. I was really nervous and a bit upset. You saved it for me.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM

This is my choice tonight..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

“Moderate talking heads like David Brooks and David Frum”

I don’t consider those guys “moderates” at all. I consider them Democrats.

They might call themselves Republicans, but their politics is Democrat.

crosspatch on March 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Again..I wish you much happiness..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:29 AM

This is my choice tonight..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Nice! Way too long since I’ve heard that. Great band. : )

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Well we got a flood of buttheads that day but you weren’t one of them. I like the new opinions, but I don’t care for the rabid attack dogs that the Romney and Obama campaign have poised.

I didn’t see why it was OK for long time posters to do a Bishop and not for new guys. I never liked it when people talk about ‘noobs’ and garbage like that. If their post is idiotic then make that point, the length of time they have been posting doesn’t make them clever. There are a lot of us who are proof of that!

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:31 AM

This is my choice tonight..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I love that song.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Awwwwww….sharrukin, you’re so nice!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

KeninCT is crying because BarbieinCT’s head just popped off and rolled under the sofa.

SparkPlug on March 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM

This is my choice tonight..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Tomorrow while I’m cooking breakfast before I abuse my wife I’m listening to my moody Blues CD. Already on the counter.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM

sharrukin on December 8, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Yep. That was the best thing that ever happened that day. Put wind in my sails. Even now when I look back at that I can tell how disagreeable I am. : )

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:36 AM

SparkPlug on March 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM

What makes me laugh is the trolls get heir asses handed to them in spades and don’t even realize it. I’ve skimmed other web sites and libs slamming conservatives might want to see how it is properly done when the roles are reversed. Conservatives tend to have much more refined cut-lows.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 1:36 AM

SparkPlug on March 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM

As long as he has burned that stained a$$ sofa. LOL!

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Awwwwww….sharrukin, you’re so nice!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Not at all!

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Awwwwww….sharrukin, you’re so nice!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Don’t forget I was kinda scared. You know, being so new and all. You see why I think the world of sharrukin? It made a big difference. First one to welcome in to the family.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Yeah, well you’re stuck with me now, at least for now, anyway.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Do you think REM will get back together??..Some clasic music..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:36 AM

He was just being a dork which Chasdal excels at.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Yeah, well you’re stuck with me now, at least for now, anyway.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:40 AM

And Jailbreak as well, unfortunately.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Not at all!

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Cobb isn’t all bad!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Cobb isn’t all bad!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I really miss that show!

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Yes, well, for a long time I thought he was one of the smartest ladies on HotAir.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:46 AM

I really miss that show!

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Yes, but I like to think that the Reavers live on here in the Mittbot community.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:46 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Now that you mention it…there is a disturbing resemblance. /

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I finally tracked down that Flukin’ AnninCA!!!

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

A fluke meeting, I presume…

Gohawgs on March 3, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Do you think REM will get back together??..Some clasic music..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Those guys are so talented. The song “Man in the moon”–I think that’s the one, the guys are talking like Andy Kaufman did. Just a little thing but as a person listens they catch things like that. I have had music in my collection for years, listened often, and one day hear something different or realize the point they were trying to make.
Now REM is out there. Love them but generally don’t have a clue on what point they are trying to make.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Night all!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:53 AM

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Thumbs up..Excellent band..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:53 AM

And Jailbreak as well, unfortunately.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:44 AM

He won’t last if he doesn’t straighten up. He knows this. He is very afraid of being banned again. It will probably happen. I am laying off him for now.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:53 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Good night, pleasant dreams : )

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:54 AM

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 1:49 AM

You are correct they are a very talented group..:)

PS..You are correct the title of the Andy Kaufmann song is Man on the Moon..:)

PSS..I miss the TV show Taxi..I miss it bad..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Night all!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Night!

Thumbs up..Excellent band..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Long Distance Voyager was their best IMO.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Do you think REM will get back together??..Some clasic music..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I don’t know. They are from down my way. Scuttlebutt is no. Of course you should never trust scuttlebutt. They are a good bit older. Maybe a reunion tour at some point? They say not, but so have many others.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 1:53 AM

This is good as well. Someone recommended this guy and he has some good ones. Carmelita by the Cowboy Junkies is another one I like.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Long Distance Voyager was their best IMO.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I would agree..Although I think this one was their best single release IMHO..Truly a classic..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Well guys, I’m back from my date with that Sandra chick from Georgetown. Ugh. She made me do it 5.7 times while she just laid there, and I went through 5.7 condoms. Talk about lousy. It’s like she had an agenda or something.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Jeb should focus more on his weight than politics

it looks he hasn’t missed a meal

Jeb and George Will, please shut up

nparga23 on March 3, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Well I guess we can hope..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:07 AM

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:05 AM

roflmao..Good one..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Good night all. Another big production day starting very soon. One last tune.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:01 AM

A great single, but Days Of Future Passed was a consummate concept album that you can’t really extract one song from.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I have it. Excellent and even better than I’m Just a Singer which I also have.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Good night all. Another big production day starting very soon. One last tune.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 2:09 AM

You might like this?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Dawn is a feeling.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:16 AM

You might like this?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Error 404

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:17 AM

the flukes up in here ya’ll?

DHChron on March 3, 2012 at 2:18 AM

You might like this?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Error 404

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Danzig – Thirteen

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 2:19 AM

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2012 at 2:11 AM

You have an excellent point..I agree with you..:)

PS..Very good Albumn I might add..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 2:21 AM