Quotes of the day

posted at 10:14 pm on March 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

“‘We want a conservative nominee because that’s our best chance of winning. Look at the races in the last 30 years, we nominated a moderate: [John] McCain, [Bob] Dole, Gerald Ford. When George [H.W.] Bush ran for re-election back in 1992, after raising taxes and increasing spending. They all ran as moderates. We all lost,’ Santorum said.

“‘Every time we’ve run as a conservative, we’ve won,’ the candidate continued. ‘Why? Because Americans want a choice. If it’s a difference between somebody, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, you know what, this country is going to probably going to stick with the person they know. We need to have a sharp contrast. Someone who paints a very different vision for America.’”

***

“‘I have the perfect candidate — Jeb Bush. But he’s not running,’ former George W. Bush chief of staff Andy Card told Charlie Rose on CBS on Wednesday, echoing the sentiments of many in his party.

“‘What Democrat would not worry about a popular leader from a critical state who sounds pretty moderate and can rescue the GOP from its anti-Latino death grip?’ asked former Bill Clinton press secretary Mike McCurry, who said he’s yet to find a Democratic elder who thinks the GOP is truly ‘unhinged’ enough to consider ditching Romney for Bush…

“‘Don’t buy the bulls—- about us not being worried about Jeb,’ added a veteran Democratic operative. ‘He’s a tough matchup even if his last name is Bush.’”

***

“But beyond being one of Poppy’s boys, the actual Jeb Bush would have another problem as a candidate. The party has marched inexorably to the right in a way that leaves him decidedly out of step

“When a Republican says he ‘used to be a conservative,’ he means he doesn’t much like the party’s rightward lurch. Are angry primary voters who have given Rick Santorum a series of victories (and a near-miss in Mitt Romney’s home state of Michigan) going to flock to a candidate who talks like that?

“Then there is Bush’s somewhat moderate approach to immigration. Jeb is fluent in Spanish and married to a Mexican-born woman; that would seem an ideal profile for a party that badly needs to attract Hispanics. But Jeb opposed Arizona’s harsh law cracking down on those here illegally and similar efforts in other states.”

***

“Let’s be honest, the marriage between the Republican Party and the tea party has always been a marriage of convenience — and an uncomfortable marriage of convenience at best. Unfortunately, this marriage is no longer working and it is time for both sides to move on. Call it irreconcilable differences…

“Moderate talking heads like David Brooks and David Frum, along with their ideological soul mates on the Hill, attacked the tea party as ‘radical’ and ridiculed tea party activists as politically naïve.

“Both the moderate and the conservative establishment types feared that the dirty, unwashed masses of the tea party might actually change how things are done in Washington — leaving them and their K Street buddies out of power and out of work…

“Now, unfortunately, the tea party is seen as just another Republican Party interest group. Another interest group to be used for fundraising and to turn out votes on Election Day, and then to be ignored when the politicians get back to doing the work of Washington.”

***

“‘We spend a lot of time talking about other countries, particularly the Middle East and places where there’s a lot of religious excessive demand,’ Mr. Kerry said. ‘But here in our own country, we have our own fundamentalists and we have our own excesses of demand today, and expectation with respect to towing the line.’…

“‘Why are we stuck? Why is this the way it is? Why does Olympia Snowe leave? Why are we gridlocked?’ he asked rhetorically. ‘Well, I’ll tell you in very simple terms; certain people in the leadership of the United States Congress have made a decision that their primary objective is not fixing the economy, it is defeating this president. And they have decided to do everything possible to gridlock everything in order that we all look bad and then people throw everybody out and they’ll come into power.’…

“‘It’s the most depressingly small minded, venal unpatriotic thing I’ve ever seen in my life,’ he said.”

***

“In a politically diverse nation, only by finding that common ground can we achieve results for the common good. That is not happening today and, frankly, I do not see it happening in the near future.

“For change to occur, our leaders must understand that there is not only strength in compromise, courage in conciliation and honor in consensus-building — but also a political reward for following these tenets. That reward will be real only if the people demonstrate their desire for politicians to come together after the planks in their respective party platforms do not prevail.

“I certainly don’t have all the answers, and reversing the corrosive trend of winner-take-all politics will take time. But as I enter a new chapter in my life, I see a critical need to engender public support for the political center, for our democracy to flourish and to find solutions that unite rather than divide us.

“I do not believe that, in the near term, the Senate can correct itself from within. It is by nature a political entity and, therefore, there must be a benefit to working across the aisle.”

***

“Among the biases of the mainstream political media, the most absurd is the adoration of the ‘moderate.’ When Maine’s Olympia Snowe, the most liberal Senate Republican, announced her retirement Tuesday, it sparked an avalanche of lamentation and praise of this ‘dying breed’ of moderate…

“New York Times columnist David Brooks blames the Tea Partiers and other grassroots conservatives (‘wingers,’ he calls them) for making the GOP “more and more insular, more and more rigid” and being too intolerant of compromise. Someone should show Brooks the GOP presidential field. The ever-changing policy views of front-runner Mitt Romney can be derided in many ways, but never as ‘rigid.’ Nor can the mercurial Newt Gingrich be pinned down as unbending…

“Moderates are as guilty as anyone of being intolerant when faced with conflicts within the GOP. Frum blasted as ‘Unpatriotic’ those conservatives who failed to support George W. Bush’s ill-considered invasion of Iraq, and urged all conservatives to “turn [their] backs” on these heretics. Brooks himself draws some pretty rigid boundaries of permissible dissent, excoriating as ‘nihilists’ those who opposed the unprecedented and unfair Troubled Asset Relief Program in 2008…

“Frum’s attempted purges, Specter’s naked self-preservation, and Tauzin’s and Bayh’s self-enrichment show moderates are no more tolerant or altruistic than the ‘wingers’ Brooks fears. Moderates in both parties may be a dying breed, but maybe not one worth saving.”

***

“In the real world, Republican members of Congress who scoffed at ideology spent decades cutting corrupt deals, buying votes with pork barrel spending, and expanding government to unsustainable levels while sweeping our nation’s long-term problems under the rug.

“Traditionally, Republicans would complain about big government while collaborating with Democrats to augment its size and scope. Yet last year, the House of Representatives passed the first serious plan to reform entitlements and balance the long-term budget, with all but four Republicans voting for Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan’s proposal…

“If it were up to Obama and ‘responsible’ moderates, the debt ceiling would have been raised without much fanfare, like business as usual. But the Tea Party protesters forced the issue, and that’s the only reason Obama has budget savings to tout.

“Despite how the fairy tale goes, in reality the backslapping Republican moderates are the ones who helped bring this nation to the brink of financial ruin. And only bold and principled conservative leadership can save us.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Please explain how Paul’s foreign policy equals “To hell with the Jews”.

Try this.

If you Google “Ron Paul hates Jews” (in quotes) you get 5,410 results.

If you Google “Rick Santorum hates Jews” you get 2 results.
If you Google “Newt Gingrich hates Jews” you get 1 result.
If you Google “Mitt Romney hates Jews” you get 7 results.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Emperor Norton on March 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Not sure if it shows up in your reality?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I think I had already read that before I typed my question to you or something? This site is making me dizzy.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM

What smiley face are people talking about?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I don’t see it either….

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM

The won at the bottom of the page,,, smilin like Fluck.

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I think WordPress is broken…

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Scroll to bottom of page and look to the left..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Got to sign off.
My wife turned on the projector….movie night..
Come to think about it…..
Movie night is every night…
Mental note….
Appear before Congress and demand that men have a right to blog…

Oh Wait….

My wife blogs??????

I am scum….err
Fuel.

Electrongod on March 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Why is that dam smiley face smiling at me?

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM

What smiley face are people talking about?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM

What smiley face are people talking about?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM

This one.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM

See how I does that? Answers your question before you asks it

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Scroll to bottom of page and look to the left..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM

OK, now I see it. It’s very tiny in the far left corner.

What the hell?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Electrongod on March 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM

:-) Goodnight!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I think WordPress is broken…

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Capt Ed said it was server problems and they were working on it..That was earlier today..Could this be like the movie War Games??..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Wouldn’t want you to plead ignorance

dom89031 on March 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM

A simple link would do.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM

How’s your weather? I saw that you were in Lexington today. Beautiful isn’t it?

JPeterman on March 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM

dom89031 on March 2, 2012 at 11:00 PM

A simple link would do.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM

:-) Goodnight!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Huh??

You read my mind.

Of course..
Take care

Electrongod on March 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM

If this thing was workin i would recommend to Allahs cat that u be banded for that!

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I know. I’m evil. And so ashamed.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:20 AM

OK, now I see it. It’s very tiny in the far left corner.

What the hell?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I suppose HA has been hacked or something.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Nut Sundae

FloatingRock on March 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Am I late or did the slut thread carryover to here? I can’t believe how much attention Ms Fluke got.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Go ahead; ask Mr. Smiley if he wants to play a game.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Cyber warfare from Team OBlahBlah!
anyone seen the docudump yet?
I think the dump for tonight is that fluck took the test and the bunny bit the dust, we’re bein scammed, contraception not needed

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM

JPeterman!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I should slow down; I may be posting too fast.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Or at least too quickly.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Notice I have quoted the two of you in reverse order time line wise. You know to reflect the issue with the threads today. Allah the site is in need of an upgrade.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Please look up there at my last post to you ^^^^^^^

JPeterman on March 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM

What the hell?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM

So you weren’t?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I should slow down; I may be posting too fast.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM

And I missed Bmore again!

JPeterman on March 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Nice.

sharrukin on March 2, 2012 at 11:10 PM

predator on March 2, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Welcome aboard mattey, hang on to yer hat its a funky flucky ride here tonight I’s answerin questions before theys asked

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM

LOL That post made me think you were canopfor at first!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM

SparkPlug on March 2, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Sorry…
All deals are final..
You will need to take it out in trade with Fluck…

The best we can do.

Electrongod on March 2, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Ahhh..never mind. Its all good.

*girds loins and walks away*

SparkPlug on March 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM

So you weren’t?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM

It was there… just hidin’.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I mean, so you weren’t offended?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I suppose HA has been hacked or something.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Not sure? It’s lookin’ at me.

So you weren’t?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM

It was there… just hidin’.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Hot Air is the blog version of the Volt. It’s burning!

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I think he wants to play chess with Ms Fluke!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:28 AM

It was there… just hidin’.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM

If you click on it, it frowns. Honest. Try it.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:28 AM

We won’t get banned if this thing breaks while we’re postin will we?

ccr6 on march 3, 2012 at 12:31

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Emperor Norton on March 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Haaaa…So your proof is basically google hits; the number of links from morons like you who fear Ron Paul and try to discredit him with out of context quotes, misinformation and straight up lies . He’s been in public office for almost 30 years and is on thousands of youtube videos, surely you can find me something…In the meantime keep listening to Mark Levin.

dom89031 on March 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM

If you click on it, it frowns. Honest. Try it.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Not for me it doesn’t.

Reminds me of that movie ‘The Net‘ with Sandra Bullock.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Serious question..Is eveyone starting to get ready to warm up to voting for someone??..The Fat Lady is warming up backstage..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM

If you click on it, it frowns. Honest. Try it.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:28 AM

It doesn’t frown at me; it must like me!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I hates cats and wants to pay for more lawyers sexual escapades!

Ccr6 on March 3, 2012 at 12:31

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM

JPeterman on March 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Lexington is a nice small city. I like it here and the folks have been almost Southern in their hospitality. The ill weather just past a bit to the North , spend some extra time on the knees for those good folk. They are hurting. We did have to hit the safety storm bunker for about an hour.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I’m in Ohio — SuperTuesday ™ is coming. I really don’t know who to vote for.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Great, delusions of grandeur. No wonder effective compromise has become impossible. It may be hard for the self-righteous disciples to face “the real world”, but the budget was balanced only 10 years ago under Clinton and a moderate GOP House.

Question- how can legislation be “serious” when it has no chance of being passed into law? I suppose that it’s the same kind of serious you find in Newt’s plans for lunar conquest.

bayam on March 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I think he wants to play chess with Ms Fluke!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Ohhhhh…. Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM

So is her mom’s name mother Fluck? Cause I don’t think in the long run the family will relish this kind of attention.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I mean, so you weren’t offended?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:26 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Already did. He didn’t win.

bazil9 on March 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I hope i don’t get banned cause I broke this thing tonight!

bayam on March 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:30 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM

*well crap, I didn’t think you’d really try it*

As Oil Can Harry used to say, “Curses, foiled again.”

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Are you kidding? They’re probably diehard libs who are bursting with pride that their little girl has grown up to be a ‘reproductive rights activist’ who is not ashamed to loudly demand free contraceptives from the Catholic law school that is so generously underwriting her legal education. I mean, what’s a little religious freedom when $3000 in birth control is on the line?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Cthulhu. I considered SMOD but Cthulhu has Dagon running as his VP and that decided it for me.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM

As Oil Can Harry used to say, “Curses, foiled again.”

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM

LOL You got me!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Like it wasn’t hard enough to hold a conversation before. Man o man this is weird. I hope they upgrade to a better system. And a real time software.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Did you move there, or are you just visiting?

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Thread repair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZhfFXEMMI4

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Seriously, though, I really don’t know who to vote for? Should I just accept the inevitable and vote for Romney? Is he still inevitable? Or should I vote for one of the other guys in the hope of dragging this out further and possibly getting to a brokered convention where Paul Ryan dramatically swings down onto the stage from the wings and announces that he is here to save the day?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

rofl..Good one..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Dire Straits

QOTD song. If you play it sideways or backwards it will resemble this thread.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Vote for Newt!

Ccr6 on March 3, 2012 at 12:43 AM

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:41 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I’m voting for these guys

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM

LoLz..You should have been a the Fluke thread earlier when it was going full blast..:)

PS..A Debate or election thread would be really crazy..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Did you move there, or are you just visiting?

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Work, just a few days, then I get to visit my Mom for a few days and then back home.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I mean, so you weren’t offended?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:26 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Are you talking to yourself through the space-time continuum or…?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Are you talking to yourself through the space-time continuum or…?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

You made hot tea come out of my nose. Ow. Seriously. No, I hope YOU weren’t offended that I thought it was odd that you are aware of the existence of RHPS!

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

LOL! : ) I was busy, busy today but when I did peek in a couple of times it was extra funny to watch.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I’m in Ohio — SuperTuesday ™ is coming. I really don’t know who to vote for.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:32 AM

It doesn’t matter. Just have a nice dinner and a couple of drinks and realize that we can only try. If we are overwhelmed by zombie num nutz’ than I guesss we will just deal with that when the time comes.
When I was younger I used to worry about things and my worst fears never materialized. Unfortunately, the last few years when I thought something bad was coming it did.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I love it down there. I go in April for the races at Keeneland. Beautiful place.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

If you Google “Rick Santorum hates Jews” you get 2 results.
If you Google “Newt Gingrich hates Jews” you get 1 result.
If you Google “Mitt Romney hates Jews” you get 7 results.

If you google Santorum… Ewww

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Choices Larry Curly Mo or the Crazy Uncle
Go for Mo Newt!

Ccr6 on March 3, 2012 at 12:46 AM

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM

None of them are great but I honestly do not see any significant difference between Romney as he governed and Obama as he governed. I ignore their rhetoric as I don’t trust anything either man says. Romney came from private life just like Jimmy Carter and Obama was a government leach. Romney talks tough for the Republican base but didn’t govern that way and Obama talks tough for the radical left but they didn’t get their bag of candy either.

Santorum and Newt are the one’s we made fun of at the start of this slow-mo disaster and yet they are the best we have left.

I see no real point to a Romney candidacy. Why not stick with Obama for the last deathride?

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:46 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM

May I ask you a question??..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I’m voting for these guys

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Unfortunately they didn’t make it onto the ballot here. The election commission said that some of their signatories were incompetent — “looney tunes” is the expression they used, I believe.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I just want to be serious for just one moment. I love you folks that show up here every night. You are a great group. I am glad to have you as friends. You make my life better, and I just wanted you all to know how much I appreciate you. Thanks for having me. : ) Alright enough of that, tunes, who’s got tunes?

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

bayam on March 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I guess bayam endorses Newt…

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM
May I ask you a question??..:)
Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Sure

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Its very pretty, I’ve been down town for the most part, but before the storm hit work to me out to the country side. Lovely.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Nope. Takes a lot more than that to offend me. I had four brothers and a very annoying sister.

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Excellente. California Dreaming is on the side bar at that clip. Also good.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

For Fluck:

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I’ve also heard it said that the Keeneland ladies sing this song: Oh, de doo-da day. Have you found that to be true?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Two of my all time fav’s. I sometimes think its where snark got started.

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I can’t believe they would actually question the signatures of 15,000 dead signatories. Don’t they realize that we are now playing by Chicago rules? Rubes.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Are you fixing to get married??..:)
Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Nope. Polygamy is illegal. ;)

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Da time warp!!! Someone tell 7% Newt really does have a shot!!!

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Are you fixing to get married??..:)

Dire Straits on March 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I very much agree and look forward to seeing who and whats up. Sometimes I pay for it in the morning though.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Seriously, who’s fluking with the posts!?!

MeatHeadinCA on March 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM

; ) Perfect!

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:54 AM

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Hows my favorite little pig doing? You been alright?

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

If Newt can’t take off (and I hope he can), then I’m all for Jeb Bush. Sure, he’s not as conservative as I’d like. But he doesn’t have Romneycare, or pro-abortion anti-Reagan quotes hanging over his head. I’ll take a ham sandwich over Romney at this point.

I think Jeb could win, and if we push him and get the Senate, we can be okay. I don’t think Romney can be pushed to be conservative in any way, shape or form. His instincts are all about government solutions to problems, and he balks and caves over any contention with the left. It’s true Romney isn’t a communist, that’s probably why he seems conservative compared to Mass. But Romney just isn’t going to fly as the Republican nominee. I don’t see it.

Galadriel on March 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Watch out, B. Next thing you know someone will be telling us to get a room….Here’s a pretty one. Sad, but pretty.

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Last one I was with, I couldn’t hear a thing.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Error 404 – Not Found

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Did I just do this backwards, I can’t tell anymore. ; )

Bmore on March 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

ConcealedKerry on March 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Nope. Right now it’s “Call me anytime” by Blondie. Pretty quick it will be “Eleanor Rigby”.

arnold ziffel on March 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

sharrukin on March 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM

What number were you?

cynccook on March 3, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Error 404–one of my favorite bands.

predator on March 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM