Arpaio: Obama birth certificate is a fraud

posted at 9:15 am on March 2, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio held a news conference yesterday to release the results of a “deep dive” into the question of whether Barack Obama’s birth certificate was genuine or a fraud. Surprisingly, after having teamed up with WND, Arpaio declared that the birth certificate and Obama’s Selective Service registration are fraudulent.  The local NBC affiliate and the Arizona Republic covered the event:

Arpaio and his team answered questions about jurisdiction by claiming that a fraud taking place in Maricopa County means that local law enforcement would have to investigate it. However, if the fraud originated in someplace outside of Arizona, that technically would be the jurisdiction of the FBI, not Arizona.  At some point Obama would have to submit an affadavit of eligibility to the state of Arizona for his 2012 re-election bid, and if that was fraudulent, then it would be a state matter.

However, in the massive effort to investigate the birth certificate, Arpaio and his “cold case posse” overlooked one detail:

The investigation relied on volunteers working with an electronic copy of the president’s birth certificate, which is available online, and pointing out inconsistencies with the electronic document. A representative with the Hawaii Attorney General’s Office said no one from the Sheriff’s Office ever requested to inspect or collect documents related to the authenticity of Obama’s birth certificate.

I’m no Columbo, but wouldn’t the first step in investigating a potentially fraudulent birth certificate be to check with the issuing authority to see if it matches their records?  The state in Hawaii has twice validated Obama’s published birth records, and the Honolulu Advertiser published a notice of Obama’s birth the week these records say it happened, a rather significant piece of contemporaneous evidence that investigators would normally find interesting.  Seems to me that an “investigation” might have would-be detectives talking with these officials to see what they know, or at least asking the state to recheck their records.

Sadly, this won’t stop the flow of e-mails we’ve been receiving since yesterday afternoon by people convinced that a President who can’t figure out supply and demand in gas prices can put together such a vast conspiracy to hoodwink the American people that it involves elected officials in the state of Hawaii and time travel to put a birth notice in the local paper in 1961.  Have fun storming the castle, but the rest of us would rather work on reality-based issues.

Update: A good reminder from commenter Tom Servo: “[I]f you remember Rathergate, you will remember that all document certification professionals agree that a copy of an original can *never* be certified as an original or a fake, since too many uncertainties are created by the duplication process. Only the original can be certified; the failure to ask to see the original is pretty good proof that this commission was a joke right from the get-go.” Indeed. One would think professional “investigators” would know this.

Update II: The state director of health in Hawaii attested to the authenticity of the long-form birth certificate when certified copies were provided to the White House, too:

Correspondence released by the White House shows that Obama wrote a letter on White House stationary on April 22, 2011, authorizing the release of the original birth certificate.

It said, “I am writing to request two certified copies of my original certificate of live birth. With this letter, I hereby authorize my personal counsel, Ms. Judith Corley of Perkins Coie in Washington, D.C. to act on my behalf in providing any additional information or paying any fees required by the Department of Health to fulfill my request. Ms. Corley is also authorized to make any necessary arrangements for delivery of the certified copies from your office.”

That same day, Corley asked the state health director in Hawaii to waive its usual rules and release the original “long form” birth certificate.

“Waiver of the Department’s policy in this instance would allow my client to make a certified copy of his original birth certificate publicly available and would also relieve the burden currently pbeing placed on the Department of Health by the numerous inquiries it receives from the media and others relating to my client’s birth record,” wrote Judith Corley, an attorney at the firm.

Corley, who is based in Washington, apparently traveled to Hawaii. She said in the letter that she would “be coming to your offices to pick up the copies of the certificates.”

On April 25, Loretta Fuddy, the director of health in Hawaii, replied to Obama that she had the authority to approve the release of birth records. “Through that authority, in recognition of our status as President of the United States, I am making an exception to current departmental policy which is to issue a computer-generated certified copy.

“We hope that issuing you these copies of your original Certificate of Live Birth will end the numerous inquiries received by the Hawaii Department of Health to produce this documents. Such inquiries have been disruptive to staff operations and have strained State resources,” Fuddy wrote.

She enclosed the copies Obama requested and said, “I have witnessed the copying of the certificate and attest to the authenticity of these copies.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Still, it’s fun to imagine PBHO wearing those pink prisoner outfits, sleeping in an old army tent, and chowing on stale cheese sandwiches.

Bishop on March 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM

The Conspiracy Theory Industry must be getting ready to issue its IPO. Sheriff Joe plays the “Birther” card to try to get reelected. Sad.

Glenn Beck: “Ya. It’s a fraud that Obama threw out there to get the Birthers to humiliate themselves and help him get reelected.” Amen!!

NickDeringer on March 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Go get him Joltin’ Joe!

50sGuy on March 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Romney will never say something like this. That’s why the base lothes him.
He is actually smart

liberal4life on March 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Haven’t we seen this movie before?/

ted c on March 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I think the story will eventually come out that when candidate Obama detoured to Hawaii for two weeks during his campaign because of his “sick grandmother” that something was up. Meanwhile, there’s enough to toss him from office even if he was born in Williamsburg on the 4th of July waving a firework sprinkler and singing “I’m a Yankee Doodle Dandy”.

Marcus on March 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I saw all the “evidence” on the Drudge Report. I am not a computer nerd, but what I saw was quite compelling. I am not a “birther” but now I kind of question whether or not barack is fit to be president legal to be president.

(I fixed it before anyone else had to).

DuctTapeMyBrain on March 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Gosh. I’m so surprised.

JellyToast on March 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM

ITguy, Ed came through for you.

Fallon on March 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM

WASTE OF MONEY.

As I wrote in the other thread, they could unearth pictures of his mom with a Mao t-shirt giving birth in the Kenyan capital as the nurses sing The Internationale and nobody would care.

Obama voters don’t give a rip about Constitutional requirements for the office… they just want “free” stuff.

mankai on March 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Wouldn’t it be fun to see on AB’s college tapes …
Obama: but, I’m not even a legal citizen, Bill.
Bill Ayers : oh, pooh! Leave that to us.

One can dream.

pambi on March 2, 2012 at 9:20 AM

It is indeed hard to believe that such an incompetent idiot could pull something like this off. Barak Obama and those who he has surrounded himself with are just not that bright even if they did get an assist by an Obama-friendly governor in Hawaii.

That being said, Obama did himself no favors by so long refusing to do anything about the issue.

Happy Nomad on March 2, 2012 at 9:20 AM

that a President who can’t figure out supply and demand in gas prices

I’d say he knows exactly how this works.

aquaviva on March 2, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Thank you, Ed, for covering this!

BPinNC on March 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Apropos on Arpaio

…just one more thing…

ted c on March 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

What a pathetic little man, Joe is. I assume he was bullied by his father and so has spent his adult life showing how “tough” he is.

urban elitist on March 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

mankai on March 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Let’s say they have enough evidence… let’s say the SCOTUS removes him from office… there will be riots in the streets. No way he leaves office that easily… and Biden will come in with a wave of goodwill.

mankai on March 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I am the base and I do not loathe Mitt.

ANYBODY BUT OBAMA!

losarkos on March 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM

urban elitist on March 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Why do you hate Italians?

mankai on March 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Romney will never say something like this. That’s why the base lothes him.
He is actually smart

liberal4life on March 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM

False.

fossten on March 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM

We have a president with failed economic and energy policies who is deeply unpopular yet we spend our time on conspiracy theories. Good Luck guys.

Sheriff Arpaio is way over his head.

celticdefender on March 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Ugh.

Sheriff Joe, I love ya, but this is ridiculous.

All this is going to do is give reason for the media to ignore high gas prices, Obama’s failed economic policies, etc.

I do not want our nominee Mitt Romney to be linked with this birth certificate circus in any way, shape or form.

The only people to whom this stuff is going to seem believable are people who are already strongly opposed to Obama.

This is going to be used to tar and smear and ridicule the Tea Party and Republicans in general.

Birth certificate issue = Where Obama would like the focus to be, rather than on jobs, the debt, etc.

bluegill on March 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Cripe

cmsinaz on March 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s fake, let’s put it that way.

SouthernGent on March 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Marcus on March 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Comment of the Day™

Steve Eggleston on March 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Sigh. All this is just to cover up the lizard people’s takeover of America.

lester on March 2, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Darn it Ed, you threw me a delicious ribeye steak and then turned it into a Big Mac.

fogw on March 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Yeah me either. I’m no birther but I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s lying about this.

Then you are a Birther.

Can’t this issue just please go away?!

YYZ on March 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM

urban elitist on March 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Why do you hate Italians?

mankai on March 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Hey, some of my closets paisans are….

urban elitist on March 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Ed, I believe that you are distorting the issue at hand, and I have a nagging feeling that you do it on purpose. Sheriff Arpaio stated that the document posted voluntarily by Obama as a copy of his birth certificate is a forgery. The investigation did not address the issue of whether Obama’s real birth certificate exists, or Obama’s eligibility to run for office.

Archivarix on March 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s fake, let’s put it that way.

SouthernGent on March 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Heck he’s lied about everything else pretty much.

gophergirl on March 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM

urban elitist on March 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Wow..project much?

HumpBot Salvation on March 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Another gift to the Obama “administration”.

First rubbers, now birth certificates.

Certainly wouldn’t want to talk more about how he’s destroying the economy, let’s run down more rabbit holes.

NoDonkey on March 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I can’t believe this dumb issue is rearing it’s ugly head again. Arpaio has lost credibility in my eyes. He’s now defined himself as being on the extreme. He says he’s not questioning that Obama was born in Hawaii, just that the documents are fraudulent. I am certainly not an Obama apologist, but seriously, what’s the difference in those 2 statements? Marcus is right, we have enough other stuff to justify voting Obama out of office in November anyway!

GeorgiaBuckeye on March 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Y’know, this is an interesting juxtaposition. On the one hand, we have a president unaware or unwilling to operate within his Constitutional powers (on matters aside from this BC red herring), and, on the other hand, we have an AZ county sheriff unaware of how to operate within his state/county jurisdiction.

ted c on March 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I was minding my own business last night, and stumbled across the story at ABCnews.com. Someone in the comments mentioned something about WND carrying the story. I rolled my eyes, reminded myself of how awesomely kooky worldnetdaily is, but decided to endulge my curiosity, just to see what they put together.

What has been seen cannot be unseen. They have a series of 5 videos breaking down the LFBC that put a chill up my spine. All I can say is, I really need to see how these anomalies are explained. I need to see them replicated from a legit LFBC.

Until then, umm… wow. I hate you WND.

Fish on March 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM

These Birther whackjobs don’t even care how embarrassing they are to most conservatives. When they start turning their fire on Rubio, I start getting strong suspicions their obsession with this has more to do with race/ethnicity than the Constitution.

Even IF Obama were born overseas, what do these Birthers expect to happen? Do they seriously think the courts would overturn a national election result? If so, they even deeper into the world of rainbows and unicorn farts than Obama himself.

DRayRaven on March 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM

There is so much to go after Dear Liar on, why in hell are we wasting our time on birth certificates and being mislead on contraceptives?

rbj on March 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM

If you wanted to stick with reality-based issues you wouldn’t keep repeating this drek

plewis on March 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Sheriff Joe; thank you very much…!
/President Obama.

ted c on March 2, 2012 at 9:29 AM

What we actually know about Barack H. Obama could fill a thimble. The guy is a treasure trove for investigative journalists, but the MSM wanted to put him in office, so here we are.

Urban Infidel on March 2, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Ed sure is predictable, that’s for sure!

Dale in Atlanta on March 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

“We hereby announce that the document we have never requested to see is fraudulent.”

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha f off

Dave Rywall on March 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Removing Zero from the office in November due to his failed will be good, but it will not undo the damages that he caused; in fact, most of it will linger even if the second coming of Reagan takes his place. Removing Zero from his office in handcuffs will void everything he signed, including dreaded Obamacare. That’s why I believe that BC is a direction worth looking at.

Archivarix on March 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

US Constitution, Article IV, Section 1: Full Faith and Credit clause.

if Hawaii says the birth certificate is authentic, than Arizona *HAS* to accept it as authentic whether they like it or not. It doesn’t matter if it’s written in crayon on a piece of cardboard; if Hawaii certifies it, then no other state (and no officials of other states) has the jurisdictional right to challenge it.

Joe Arpaio – a sad old man desperately trying to get back some of his notoriety and hide the way his department horribly botched Maricopa County’s sexual assualt investigations for years.

In Joe Arpaio’s world, political “crimes” are #1. Child molestation? Rape? Who cares! Not Joe.

and btw – if you remember Rathergate, you will remember that all document certification professionals agree that a copy of an original can *never* be certified as an original or a fake, since too many uncertainties are created by the duplication process. Only the original can be certified; the failure to ask to see the original is pretty good proof that this commission was a joke right from the get-go.

Tom Servo on March 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Grandpa needs a nap.

KeninCT on March 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I think this would have satisfied me as a headline to your piece:

Arpaio: Obama birth certificate is a fraud

sdbatboy on March 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Oh, let Joe go at it. I watched the videos as well. The only real problem I had was the Forrest Gump dude narrating it. Really? You want people to take this seriously and you have narration that sounds like the…guy…ain’t…that… swift?
Hey, we all know B.O. wasn’t born here, but its too late for that now. Just vote the socialist out.

Sugar Land on March 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I hate obama. but this birther stuff is whack-a -doodle

gerrym51 on March 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM

The only way that this is a valid issue is if unemployment were sitting at 1%, GDP growth is 25% and if Barack Obama himself kicked the stool out from underneath Dinner Jacket, the 13th Imam, Saddam Hussein and UBL after a noose had been placed around their necks.

ted c on March 2, 2012 at 9:32 AM

We know this is simply a false flag operation to cover up the discovery of ancient aliens in South America and the fact the indians had flying machines!!! Illuminati!!1 eleventy

antisense on March 2, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Apparently the story on BO’s birth certificate is ‘only mostly dead’.

jimp.smith on March 2, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Joe is rummaging through the clothes to find loose change.

ted c on March 2, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Ed — You obviously didn’t watch the entire press conference, as I did, otherwise you would have heard an answer to the Honolulu Advertiser question. You also would have seen the six videos which showed how the investigators dissected the documents and compared them to control documents. Those videos are available to the media, so why don’t you go get them? You would have heard that affidavits are also available to the media. Dittos. You might have been surprised to learn about the investigators’ findings regarding flight manifestos. Finally, you might know that Arpaio and his posse have a suspect.

Your readers would be better served if you went to primary sources rather than relying on secondary reports, especially any that come out of NBC.

ETpaws on March 2, 2012 at 9:33 AM

The best thing about this article was the ‘Princess Bride’ reference. (‘Have fun storming the castle’) Apparently the story on BO’s birth certificate is ‘only mostly dead’.

jimp.smith on March 2, 2012 at 9:33 AM

its no wonder at all that the MSM picked up on this story. they’re loving it, I’m sure.

ted c on March 2, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Bank when I was in the Marines we had a class that told us not to torture the enemy or violate the rules of war. One guy said why not if they are doing that to us. The instructor said “Because we are the good guys.”

Same here, we don’t care if they cheat, we’ll win fair and square, whether its right or not we will win because we are the good guys..

ArthurMachado on March 2, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Ed,
I may not agree with your perspective on this issue, but I respect you for at least acknowledging the press conference and the conclusions of Sheriff Arpaio’s Cold Case Posse.

ITguy on March 2, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, take the time to thank this moron for single-handedly injecting this paint-sniffing conspiracy stupidity back into the news cycle. FOR GOD AND COUNTRY.

Good Lt on March 2, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Yeah… kind of like the people insisting that the EEEEEEEEEEVIL genius George W. Bush plotted and carried out 9/11 as a pretext to going to war with Iraq can’t plant a nuke or two in some bunker to prove that Iraq was a threat.

crazy_legs on March 2, 2012 at 9:34 AM

urban elitist on March 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I note though, that you don’t claim he is wrong on this issue; just that you don’t like him personally.

For whatever reason, Sheriff Arpaio is a pretty tough guy. I can see how that might bother folks that don’t like tough guys because they are reminded of their own tendencies to be chicken shit. Sorry you are reminded of that yourself.

MikeA on March 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Exactly, the Chicago slime machine would love to put the BC issue on the front page to distract from their failed policies. Any serious conservative running a national election should stay away from this.

celticdefender on March 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Ever since I read a story on WND about how eating soy will supposedly make your sons turn super femmy, I never felt the need to go back to that kooky site.

Although I don’t agree with the candidate choices of some HotAir bloggers, I can say categorically that the material on HotAir is of WAY higher quality than what you’ll find at WND.

bluegill on March 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Yeah, impossible to believe that a dude who would actively talk about and then act upon his desire to skip the Constitutional process would ever lie about something like this.

Not a birther but PBHO is one of the last people I would trust to tell the truth about anything.

Bishop on March 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Tom Servo on March 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Pull your head out of your rear entry. Sheriff Arpaio does NOT plan to attack your beloved Obama’s eligibility. He wants to nail him for fraud, forgery, and identity theft, which falls squarely into his domain of responsibility.

Archivarix on March 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM

MikeA on March 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM

The “wedgie” crowd will always hate the fact that they refused to defend themselves, which is why they spend the rest of their lives hating tough guys.

Bishop on March 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM

No one cares what the government of Hawaii says. The question: “Is the document posted at the white house site genuine”. It looks to be fraudulent to me. The Governor of Hawaii tried for several months to find the birth certificate and was unable to find it; then, the white house finds the document somewhere and posts it. If it wan’t for Donald Trump the document fake or not would still be lost.

edsjim on March 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM

This is officially Joe Arpaio jumping the shark.

Red Cloud on March 2, 2012 at 9:37 AM

If you’re going to go tit-for-tat because of their investigation, just arrest Holder the next time he comes into the state.

Zaggs on March 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM

If Hawaii has such documents why haven’t they released them?

tommyboy on March 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM

That newspaper announcement proves nothing There are innocent explanations requiring no conspiracy. As Sheriff Joe indicated they have found several foreign born children with Hawaii birth announcements from that time period. The newspaper announcement is actually simple to understand or explain. I do not believe Obama was born in Kenya, but the newspaper annoucement is not the trump card some like Ed believe it is.

I hope we find out the degree of involvement from Breitbart. I have read that he was actively working and meeting with Sheriff Joe. I have also read that he met with Sheriff Joe the day before he died. Was it a simple conversation about the investigation or was there more to his involvement?

Stayright on March 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I met a guy at a kid’s birthday party once–really nice guy, smart, successful and such. He started to tell me this story about some news organization, its influence, number of readers, years in business, etc etc. He laid out some really impressive statistics. The news junkie in me was thinking “have I heard of this outfit?” About the same time he said, “The name of the organization is World Net Daily.” He lost all color in his face when I burst out with laughter. I think Joe Farah is a whackjob and I don’t trust him one bit.

ted c on March 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Tom Servo on March 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Boom went the dynamite, and Arpaio was still holding it.

Steve Eggleston on March 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM

“Based on all of the evidence presented and investigated, I cannot in good faith report to you that these documents are authentic. My investigators believe that the long-form birth certificate was manufactured electronically and that it did not originate in paper format as claimed by the White House.”

ITguy on March 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Hawaii: Arpaio is a fraud

how is this clown still a sheriff?

and, how is this “let’s turn blowhard sheriffs into conservative icons” going for ya?

sesquipedalian on March 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I’m remembering in Rocky II where Apollo’s trainer says to him, “He’s all wrong for us baby. Let’s go find some new meat.”

I feel the same way abou this. I understand the Sheriff but this is the wrong fight at the wrong time.

itsspideyman on March 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Birthers and birth control

A formula for winning in November.

Pablo Honey on March 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I am the base and I do not loathe Mitt.

ANYBODY BUT OBAMA!

losarkos on March 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Romney is on the record opposing the appeal of Obamacare – and you are ok with that?

firegnome on March 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM

That’s why the base lothes him.
He is actually smart

liberal4life on March 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM

As opposed to people who don’t know how to spell “loathes”.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I don’t care about the birth certificate.. I want to see Barrys college transcripts and passport.

thedevilinside on March 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha f off

Dave Rywall on March 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Thanks for stopping by. Back to Canada now, eh?

fossten on March 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Hey, some of my closets paisans are….

urban elitist on March 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Please let them out of the closets. Thanks.

katy the mean old lady on March 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Arpaio is off the rails.

fleiter on March 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Sheriff Joe, thanks for reminding us what a wonderful place Fountain Hills is!

/s (I’m actually marrying a Fountain Hillian, though they aren’t all proud of their sheriff)

ernesto on March 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

This is very much a “reality-based” issue.

Your president publically released a document rife with anomalies and document-manipulation artifacts as authentic.

Where or when he was born is irrelevant in this issue. It’s the document itself and how it was put together that’s being questioned.

“Oh, so someone went back in a time-machine and placed that ad in the paper, blah blah blah…”

I’m getting tired of hearing that bullshit line of reasoning as a defense for forgery and fraud. It just doesn’t fly.

NorthernEx on March 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

firegnome on March 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM

appeal?? should be repeal!! oops!

firegnome on March 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

The Nirthers have really gone off their nut now.

Ward Cleaver on March 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

bluegill on March 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Ditto. I can’t support “Brithers” at all. So until he drops this nonsense, I will drop my support for Sheriff Arpaio.

Also, shouldn’t he be focused on those illegals within his county? Just saying.

BigGator5 on March 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

urban elitist on March 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

MikeA on March 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I do indeed assert that he is wrong.

I don’t mind tough guys, I just think that guys who have to call press conferences and pull media stunts to prove to everyone how tough they are, are a little pathetic.

urban elitist on March 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Can’t this issue just please go away?!

YYZ on March 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM

You oughta have some nice bread and cheese to go with that whine…

ExpressoBold on March 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Columbo gets shot down too! classic

ted c on March 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Just great, more fodder for the Liberals its not like we don’t give them enough. Words can not describe the happiness that will be felt in the deepest regions of my soul, when the present occupant is gone.

DDay on March 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

An interesting thought here. In ten days, we’ll get to see the college videos of Obama that might have cost Andrew Breitbart his life. If they turn out to show Obama claiming that he is born elsewhere or is foreign student, the folks enthusiastically bashing “birthers” will feel really, really stupid. How many of them will apologize, I wonder?

Archivarix on March 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

He is actually smart
liberal4life on March 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Even the Marine Corpse thinks so. In all 57 States.

tommyboy on March 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

The local NBC affiliate and the Arizona Republic covered the event

What is not included there are the 6 videos that were shown at the press conference. I think more than three links in a comment sends the comment to moderation, so I’ll break the 6 into two groups of three.

First group:

1. Introduction – Regular Scan

2. Layers, Stamp & Noise

3. OCR Theory

ITguy on March 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

As opposed to people who don’t know how to spell “loathes”.

MadisonConservative on March 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM

FTW!

ted c on March 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Second group:

4. Optimization

5. Conclusion

6. Selective Service

ITguy on March 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Sheriff Joe never said evidence indicates Barry was not born in Hawaii. He said there is probable cause the the LFBC posted last year is a forgery. That’s all.

bbhack on March 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM

It doesn’t matter where he was born, it matters that he’s not a natural-born citizen.

Dante on March 2, 2012 at 9:45 AM

If the certificate is shown to be false, this is going to be fun to watch.

It seems that many Americans don’t want to believe that they were conned so hard.

Sams88 on March 2, 2012 at 9:45 AM