Video: House Republicans remember Breitbart; Update: How Breitbart spent his last few hours

posted at 6:01 pm on March 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Breitbart TV, which is posting eulogies of him as they become available. He’s one of the few people in media whom I regret not having met, partly because experiencing Hurricane Breitbart firsthand must have been a trip and partly because the blog friends we have in common obviously adored him. His public persona was of a guy who enjoyed a good bar brawl so much that he might throw a chair to start one; the private portraits are of someone who’d buy everyone rounds afterward and entertain them for hours. My impression of Hitchens, another famous media warrior-raconteur, was similar even though their respective styles were different. Both had a larger-than-life Falstaffian charm and so their deaths carry an unusual sting. It’s not just the shock of being gone too soon, it’s the palpable sense of life force being lost. It’s like a power outage.

More than that, I regret missing a chance to meet a new-media pioneer in person. Amid all the Weinergate and ACORN stuff of the last few years, I think Breitbart’s importance as a Drudge/HuffPo/Big ‘Net visionary has been obscured. Nick Gillespie does too:

His legacy has nothing to do with whether the Republican party picked up Anthony Weiner’s congressional seat or whether ACORN has been able to renew its funding. It has to do with the ways in which he created new places and spaces to talk about whatever any of us want to talk about. He told Reason in 2004 that after feeling ignored by existing outlets, “We decided to go out and create our media.”

It doesn’t matter who we is, kemo sabe. It’s the conservatives at Drudge, the liberals at HuffPo, the leftists at DailyKos, the libertarians at Reason. It’s all of us and Breitbart helped create and grow a series of do-it-yourself demonstration projects through which we can all speak more loudly and more fully.

Breitbart is dead, but the conversation pits he built will live on for a long, long time. A lot of people theorize about democratizing the public square and bringing new voices and sources into conversations about politics and culture. Breitbart actually did it.

He did. Without him and Drudge, who knows where blogs and the rest of the online media multiverse would be right now? Thanks for making it possible, AB. Rest in peace.

Update: The Hollywood Reporter talks to someone who found himself sitting next to Breitbart at a bar in Brentwood hours before his death.

“He was friendly and engaging,” Sando recalls. “I said, ‘You can’t be very happy with the slate of Republican candidates’ and he said, ‘Why would you say that?’ I said, ‘Well, they’re talking about contraception,’ and he said, ‘The conversation is being framed by the liberal media.’ I said, ‘Well, the media isn’t writing Rick Santorum’s speeches for him.’ We had a back-and-forth for awhile until we said we weren’t going to agree on some things.”

The friendly debate continued in the bar as Breitbart sipped red wine, says Sando. “We just hit it off, he was delightful. There were other people who sat down and joined the conversation.”…

“There were no signs that anything was wrong,” says Sando. “It’s very sad.”

Sando says they parted at around 11:30 p.m.; Breitbart was pronounced dead 49 minutes later.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Drew Lowell on March 1, 2012 at 6:46 PM

There’s no reason for all the secrecy – is there?

FlaMurph on March 1, 2012 at 6:59 PM

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 6:35 PM
————————————–

Good question..I don’t know if it is streamed or not..we need to look into that..Hope you get to do QOTD thread if you can..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Dire Straits:I’ll try,grandson duty!:)

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I wouldn’t put it past the rabid Leftists that we are facing these days to have one of them slip something into his food or drink.
There definitely should be some medical test done on him to exclude any possibility.

FactsofLife on March 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Don’t piss on my back and tell me it’s raining. You jumped right on your drug overdose theory without hesitation and you know it!

Dunedainn on March 1, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Oh yea, thats why I waited all day today to comment on it at all. Without hesitation. And its not because today on the radio a person who was known and verified to have partied with Ann Coulter and Andrew Breitbart after Redeye one night and who later had him on his radio show where Breitbart showed them the Anthony Weiner pictures hinted HEAVILY that Breitbart liked to indulge. And we know he had a weak heart. And we know he was up LATE wandering his neighborhood on a wednesday night. And no one seems to be objecting to saying he was murdered. Its not like I am making up facts or wishing up some assassination conspiracy. He was known to use a substance which ABSOLUTELY could be the cause of death. Or maybe it was just a freak accident.

thphilli on March 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Well put, Allah. I especially liked the “Power outage” line. God bless Andrew and his family. I’m so sad; I just can’t believe it.

texanpride on March 1, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Dire Straits:I’ll try,grandson duty!:)

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I understand fully..Have fun and enjoy the time with your grandson..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Mara Liasson on the Fox News panel repeated the nonsense that “Breitbart’s videos were often highly edited”. I expected better from her.

slickwillie2001 on March 1, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I’d forgotten that Breitbart had just gone public about his meeting with Ayers and Dohrn. Today is also the day that Arpaio, who himself is currently under siege from this White House, held a press conference announcing the results of his investigation into Obama’s eligibility.

I’m perfectly willing to accept Breitbart’s death as natural causes. But only a fool would not suspect the worst right now.

Google Kam Kuwata:

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Remember CPAC. Bretibart said he had videos of Obama in college.

Ronnie on March 1, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Also, he did an interview with Sherrif Arpaio, before today’s presser about Obama’s BC thing.
After the typical white woman dying suddenly in HI in 2008,
I feel that anyone who can expose Obama ,
somehow ends up the same way :(

burrata on March 1, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Dana loesh on 97.1 tm talk here in st Louis spent most of her show talking about Andrew today. They were pretty close. I’m amazed she made it thru the broadcast without breaking down. You can catch the podcast at 971talk.com

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 7:08 PM

If this is found to have been a murder by someone who handled the drinks or something else at that bar, it is going to be interesting to watch the video when it if discovered; ’cause you gotta KNOW that Andrew probably had a recorder running somewhere there.

MikeA on March 1, 2012 at 7:09 PM

He was in a bar having political debates with a bunch of leftists, then he dies walking home?

Somethings not right.

p0s3r on March 1, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Maybe….

thphilli on March 1, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Just stop. As I said, I was wrong in my initial reaction. You should think about his children before you start speculating. Moreover, according to his friends, he often walked late at night. It was the only time that he had allotted himself an opportunity to get any exercise at all.

Should he have taken better care of himself? Probably.

Should you just wait until his body is cold and buried before speculating about drug use for the sake of his 4 children? Yes.

Just stop digging. You don’t want to be lumped in with the haters, do you? At this moment on my blog, these are the top Keyword Searches of from some of the traffic:

andrew breitbart cocaine

andrew breitbart dead happy feet

andrew breitbart f.ck (revised for HA)

andrew breitbart ods

andrew breitbart past drug use

andrew breitbart was a bast.rd (revised for HA)

breitbart auto erotic death

breitbart death or died karma

breitbart dies good riddance

andrew breitbart cocaine overdose

Read some of the tweets that have gone out by people and ask yourself if you want to be like them.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Like everyone i am totally depressed about this.

But he did have heart problems…and was in some LA hospital this past year…I just think he was the type (a warrior) not to go quietly into the night

And from over at Ace’s I guess Frum jumped the shark today. Can HA stop linking to him? Small man.

I’ve been reading the Corner, et al. Hard to read.

RIP

r keller on March 1, 2012 at 7:10 PM

And if the police don’t already have someone watching to see who comes to try to retrieve that recorder, they are not paying attention.

MikeA on March 1, 2012 at 7:10 PM

His life and legacy are amazing. But his death might just be the catalyst we all needed to “get off our own couches, and put our marching shoes on” in the words of our Great Leader. Speak up, speak out people, we cannot let this mans’ life work have been in vain.

waterytart on March 1, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I have been trying to understand why Breitbart dying affected me more than all the other people that have died recently. It could have been the fact that he was young and a life cut short too soon. The more I think about it, the more I think there was something else and I think I can finally put it in words.

Breitbart dying was like killing off Batman. Breitbart had no superpowers, but was a superhero who fought corruption in our political system at every level.

I know it is kind of cheesy, but that’s how I view it, because he would not only comment on things, but uncover stories and act as a work around the traditional media.

His death was too soon, may he rest in peace, but may someone else follow in his footsteps and continue his worthy cause.

ArkyDore on March 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Rolling Stone also remembered Breitbart in its usual fashion, proving that liberalism really is all about the hate.

jdawg on March 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Sigh :(

Richard Romano on March 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM

A must read here via Drudge…

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM

thphilli on March 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM

No one????

Reading (comprehension) is fun! Try it. Go back and read my own post where I objected to my own initial reaction.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM

thphilli on March 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Right, because people who take late constitutionals (as I do) are all total junkies. Man, are you in possession of anything even remotely resembling a brain stem?

Dunedainn on March 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM

MikeA on March 1, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown…

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Great

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2012 at 7:19 PM

ArkyDore on March 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM

After CPAC I wanted to post his speech on facebook and say, “If you want to know who I am and what I think and what’s in my heart, watch this”. It took a lot of restraint not to do it. I linked to it today but just called it “epic”.

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 7:19 PM

ArkyDore on March 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM

It’s not cheesy at all; I felt the same way.

Dunedainn on March 1, 2012 at 7:20 PM

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Thank you. I posted it on the 1st thread and have posted the interviews in the past here.

Ulsterman and AB are very similar.

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM

bluefox on March 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM
The Freedom Riders.

Dunedainn on March 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Thank you.

bluefox on March 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Nah. Nobody killed Breitbart.

Andrew worked himself to death. He was a one man army, and a damn good one. That’s why the Left hated him. He understood the Left’s fascist project, which is why Obamist stooges like Taibbi are so vile in his passing.

Breitbart, like Palin and other Movement people, understood that the Left’s project is to slowly suspend the Constitution and change the country into something resembling East Germany, Poland, or Brezhnev’s Soviet Union. The Left wants elections as a formality, the economy to be planned, to have State Capitalism, not anything resembling free enterprise. They want gun confiscation and the muzzling of free speech that opposes their aims.

They hated Breitbart because he understood that Progressivism is a fascist racket, and they depised him for calling them out on their criminality and authoritarianism.

The Progressives will fail. Breitbart was too much of a doom and gloomer who couldn’t see the forest for the trees the way a Thatcher or a Reagan could. The Left digs its own grave every time they print fiat money to finance their march to the Radiant Future; at some point, it will all collapse of its own weight.

Unfortunately, there will be a terrible price to be paid by all.

victor82 on March 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM

thphilli on March 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM

It won’t make any difference to me what killed him, I just want him to be alive. That isn’t going to happen is it? But I hope you feel better.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM

And we know he was up LATE wandering his neighborhood on a wednesday night. -thphilli

Hey Dum-Dum. He was relaxing at a neighborhood bar. I know that neighborhood(Brentwood) well. It’s perfect for walking, and actually makes sense to walk if you’re going local due to the density and lack of parking. He had been chatting in the bar for about two hours from an account by a guy who was sitting with him and noticed nothing out of ordianry with his behaviour. Which is entirely consistent with…

NOT BEING COKED OUT OF YOUR HEAD ENOUGH TO DROP DEAD FROM AN OVERDOSE JUST A FEW MINUTES AFTER LEAVING.

Dum-Dum.

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Mara liaison or whatever her name is was disgraceful on Fox. I was literally screaming at the TV and found it shameful that CK or Stephen Hayes didn’t correct her erroneous statement. I would never think that Brett would.

I am almost done with Fox.

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM

jdawg on March 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM

All fascist movements have hatred towards The Other at their very core. Taibbi just poses as a muckraker going after the banks, when in fact he has never once tried to uncover the connections between the Banksters and Obama. The man is a propagandist.

RS itself is owned by Jann Wenner, who in these later years has become a big time Obama bundler. Do the math. Don’t expect any kind of journalistic integrity from the Democratic Party’s youth version of Der Sturmer.

victor82 on March 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM

bluefox on March 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Patriot Guard..They do very god and noble work..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I had seen them on TV before, but didn’t remember their name.
Also, this was posted too: The Freedom Riders.
Thanks.
Dunedainn on March 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM

If there are more than one group, then that’s great!!!

bluefox on March 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

FLcon-

Keep it up with the links to Ulsterman. Things have been getting very interesting over there. Surprised his work doesn’t get more of a spotlight on the Right-o-sphere. With Andrew Lord Breitbart now gone, it means each of us must take a bit more time from our day to connect the dots and spread the word.

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I’m still taken aback by this…totally unexpected. And as usual the leftists at the usual liberal blogs out there put on their cheerleading outfits at the news.

JetBoy on March 1, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Are you sure ?? Cause that seems so hard to believe, you know the good big-hearted compassionate liberals pissing on the grave of someone they disagree with before his body has gone cold.

/like i need this

cableguy615 on March 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Andrew Breitbart is the Steve Jobs of Journalism,
giving the undeserving Repunks a voice and a weapon to be heard and read above the din of the Presstitutes!

Rest However You Damn Well Please Andrew You Will Be Sorely Missed!

ConcealedKerry on March 1, 2012 at 6:22 PM

And both were adopted and not aborted or contracepted…

kringeesmom on March 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM

was he poisoned at the bar?

reliapundit on March 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM

RIP to him and may his children find happiness and Joy after all this mourning.

liberal4life on March 1, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Well said !

cableguy615 on March 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

bluefox on March 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Patriot Guard..They do very god and noble work..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I had seen them on TV before, but didn’t remember their name.
Also, this was posted too: The Freedom Riders.
Thanks.
Dunedainn on March 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM

If there are more than one group, then that’s great!!!

bluefox on March 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

There maybe more than one group..I gree it would be great if there were..:

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

BTW, Buy Danish and others, if you want a Clear Get on why we Palin people are so relentless in our defense of the Governor, today is Exhibit A.

If Sarah Palin were to pass suddenly, for some reason, or to have an accident, or to be stricken with inoperable cancer, or Newt, or Mittens, or Santorum or anyone who is a conceivable threat to the Left retaining power, THIS IS HOW THE LEFT WOULD REACT.

With jubilation and venom.

I don’t think a lot of people on our side, especially in the Beltway Establishment and among Romney’s supporters, get this at all about the Left. Today’s reaction should be a sound reminder as to what the toxicity of the Will to Power does to the soul.

Modern Progressivism is becoming more and more authoritarian and fascist as time goes by and as its failures, in California, Illionois, and elsewhere, become more and more apparent over time. They are becoming less tolerant and willing to actually debate issues as the need to wage a war of annihilation against perceived enemies, such as Palin or Breitbart, becomes more acute.

Matt Taibbi’s vicious screed of today isn’t a bug. It’s a feature. Breitbart got this in his bones. That’s why they hated him. His unwillingness to be destroyed made them go mad.

victor82 on March 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Patriot Guard..They do very good and noble work..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Conspiracy.

Swerve22 on March 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM

There maybe more than one group..I agree it would be great if there were..:

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Sorry..Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Police, Bomb Squad At Rush Limbaugh’s House

Nature Of Emergency Not Known

POSTED: 5:58 pm EST March 1, 2012
UPDATED: 7:34 pm EST March 1, 2012

Email Print
27 comments

Ari Hait/WPBF
PALM BEACH, Fla. — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad is at Rush Limbaugh’s home to assist the Palm Beach Police Department, WPBF 25 News has learned.
The nature of the emergency at 1495 N. Ocean Blvd. is not known at this time.
This information came in to the WPBF newsroom shortly before 6 p.m.
WPBF’s Ari Hait reported from the scene that numerous emergency vehicles are at the scene, adding that reporters were being kept far away from Limbaugh’s home.
Hait also reported a police spokesperson said at 6:30 p.m. that an official statement was forthcoming, but as of 7:30 p.m. that statement had not yet come.
It’s not known if Limbaugh is inside the home.

IN OTHER NEWS:

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Wait, what? Eulogy? Hold up, Brietbart’s dead?! What the?!

Trov on March 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM

ArkyDore on March 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Feeling as bad as I did the morning I woke up in December and heard the news that Vaclav Havel, the man who gave me my freedom, had died?

JPeterman on March 1, 2012 at 7:47 PM

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I have to admit…I’m an Ulsterman addict.

kakypat on March 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

For God’s sake, no one killed Breitbart.

He had a bad ticker and purposely barely slept. This is what keeps almost killing Clinton. It’s that goofy Da Vinci theory about how geniuses need no more than four or five hours. The problem is they’re supposed to take power naps throughout the day.

Basic fact is, forget the marching powder, what’s a guy with a bad ticker, who had unquestionably put on weight over the past year, doing out at a bar for 2+ hours on a weekday late night, blabbing on his ‘Berry…and then goes for a midnight walk? These are the actions of a man running on fumes for quite some time.

I love the guy. I honestly idolize him and he was truly one of the indispensables….but he was in need of an intervention.

Rest, my man.

budfox on March 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I have to admit…I’m an Ulsterman addict.

kakypat on March 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I usually find myself reading the WH and WS Insider articles several times. Informative commenters with very good memories.

Breitbart, Arpaio and now Rush. Interesting day.

kakypat on March 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM

kakypat on March 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Only to get worse.

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM

For those of us who didn’t know Lord Breitbart, but felt we did and love him like a brother, I think this song says it:

It’s He Was a Friend of Mine, the Byrds version- the best one.

God I love that guy. I’ve known and do know people like him with prodigious talent and zest for life. You know God exists when you’re around people like this. You can see His blessings made manifest in the flesh.

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Andrew Breitbart was murdered by the left.

moochy on March 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Wow. That quickly. Don’t take anything for granted folks. Tomorrow is not promised.

terryannonline on March 1, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Boruch Dayan Ha’emes

moonbatattack on March 1, 2012 at 8:14 PM

JPeterman on March 1, 2012 at 7:47 PM

It has been a doubly sad time for you, I’m really sorry.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM

After the typical white woman dying suddenly in HI in 2008,
I feel that anyone who can expose Obama ,
somehow ends up the same way :(

burrata on March 1, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I agree…Obama said his grandmother wouldn’t live until his election and she died the day before….what grandmother would die the day before his mother was elected President of the USA…none..every one who can expose him dies…I hope Brietbart has those videos about Obama in a safe place with a safe person. His father-in-law, Orson Bean,said as far as he knew, Breitbart had no heart problems and had not been to a doctor in over a year.

Puma for Life on March 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM

That’s a beautiful thing that you wrote, Allah.

Mr. Arkadin on March 1, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Maybe Ayers poisoned him with his cooking, ahead of the CPAC speech, at which he looked terrible.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I also noticed how tired and haggard he looked as I watched his CPAC speech video.

PatriotGal2257 on March 1, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Two fine tributes to our fallen warrior.

AshleyTKing on March 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM

ArkyDore on March 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I know what you mean. They say deaths come in 3s. Two days ago it was Davy Jones, an idol from childhood. I had all their albums and when I heard of his death, it took me back to my 10 yr old self in 1966.

And this morning with Breitbart, it was everything I could do to not cry at work. I saw him at a tea party rally in 2010 and he embodied everything I fight for and believe in today.

So a huge part of my past and present died this week. Death’s wake up call is a lot louder when it hits so close to home and heart.

TxAnn56 on March 1, 2012 at 9:24 PM

JPeterman on March 1, 2012 at 7:47 PM
It has been a doubly sad time for you, I’m really sorry.
Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Indeed.

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Nick Gillespie nailed it. He’s such a smart guy. It kills me that he’s so anti-military.

DanaLynn on March 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM

On Hannity tonight, one of AB’s fellow filmmakers said they will reveal the Obama vids ON HANNITY, on perhaps 10 days !!

pambi on March 1, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I wonder if Sheila Jackson-Lee will introduce a resolution honouring him like she did for Michael Jackson.

/s

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Or maybe Christie will fly the flag at half mast….ya know, like Whitney Houston

tencole on March 1, 2012 at 11:11 PM

When good men and women die we weep.

When great men and women die we ask God why take such important people from us?

When great and courageous men and woman die we grieve at their passing, but in honoring them, we carry on.

Mr. Breitbart was a man on a mission. We must carry that mission on. Forever.

Raquel Pinkbullet on March 1, 2012 at 11:13 PM

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I didn’t hear this, but they say that Tammy Bruce broke down and they had to play a taped interview of AB.

I feel like I’ve lost a good friend. I’ll never forget him at the Wisconsin rally…..he had me at “Go to Hell!!”

tencole on March 1, 2012 at 11:18 PM

This is so sad.
May he and his family feel Gods arms around them and feel his peace.
We will pick up, where he “left” off.
This is so sad.

mmcnamer1 on March 2, 2012 at 6:24 AM

He sounds like he was a truly happy warrior. A man who didn’t need to agree with you to call you his friend. His world wasn’t filled with saints and demons, it was full of people with opinions and disagreement was a challenge to debate, not to brawl.

MJBrutus on March 2, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Breitbart posted a selectively edited video to his blog that made her look like a racist.”

Breitbart posted the video that he was given. He was not given the full tape. It was shot by a television station cameraman for the local chapter of the NAACP. The NAACP had a copy. Perhaps, the cameraman kept one, too, but Breitbart was given the clips from someone either from the NAACP, the cameraman, or someone who knew the cameraman.

“Sherrod resigned in July 2010, and a year later, sued Breitbart for defamation, a suit that has yet to be settled. It remains to be seen if she’ll continue to pursue damages”

She is going to lose, if it goes to trial. It is a frivolous lawsuit. Shirley Sherrod was a public official and under the New York Times v. Sullivan standard, she has to prove 1) Breitbart KNEW that Sherrod did not say what she said on the tape (yes, you read that correctly); AND, 2) Breitbart then published same with actual malice.

Sadly, due to the Magnificent Bastard’s death, we probably will not learn more about Mr & Mrs Sherrod’s nefarious shenanigans in the Pigford case. Discovery is such a bytch and I doubt his estate will be as ferocious as he was.

By the way, the only reason that Breitbart ever posted the Sherrod video was because the NAACP called the entire Tea Party racist. The point of the Sherrod tape wasn’t Shirley. It was the audience’s reaction, which was a remarkable display of racism in and of itself.

Resist We Much on March 2, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Tragic news about Andrew. What a great guy. He will be sorely missed.

Apologies in advance, as I haven’t been following the HA commenting about Andrew….

I am seldom one to pay any mind to c0nspiracy theories, but in this case… ARE THE P0LICE GOING TO INVESTIGATE THIS? Better yet, the FB1? Will their be an autopsy?

I ask, because Andrew spoke openly about how the rabid L3ftards were AFTER HIM. As a matter of fact, the day he died, he was on the Hugh Hewitt radio show discussing how a laundry list of L3ftards were plotting against him!!! I was FLOORED after I read of Andrew’s death, then listened to Hugh Hewitt’s interview of him on Hugh’s Hughniverse site.

Is his untimely death shortly after discussing how he has enemies really just a coincidence?

FlatlanderByTheLake on March 2, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Again, I feel this is from Andrew to us. Love this song.

We won’t forget you.

ProudPalinFan on March 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I’ll wait for the autopsy.

BobMbx on March 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM

If it’s not Michael Baden or Dr. G, I don’t trust it.

ProudPalinFan on March 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM

From people who partied with Breitbart, they say he loved to “stay awake” if you get my meaning. “Staying awake” is for the young. When you try “staying awake” at 40, your heart explodes. The coroner report should be interesting.

thphilli on March 1, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I guess it didn’t help either the AADD.

ProudPalinFan on March 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM

thphilli on March 1, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Though I’m not sure that your comment didn’t have a seamy undertone, I would be very interested to know whether he was a Red Bull fan, specifically a fan of “Jager Bombs.”

For those not in the know, that’s a shot glass of 80-some-odd-proof Jagermeister liqueur dropped into a glass of caffeine-saturated Red Bull energy drink.

When that fad came out, a bartender friend who was basically a hidden genius savant told me that that combination was one of the worst things you could do to your body, and could kill you.

It’s very popular… keeps you awake…. while giving you a buzz.

I like them myself once in a blue moon, but one is the limit. Try two and your heart starts doing some surreptitious loop-de-loops.

cane_loader on March 2, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Bottom line: if you have any heart issues at all, caffeine is a big risk.

cane_loader on March 2, 2012 at 8:06 PM