Santorum, Romney respond to the news of Andrew Breitbart’s death Update: Newt’s response added

posted at 1:20 pm on March 1, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Days like today remind me that “the conservative movement” is, in fact, a movement. Together, we move toward a culture that is ever freer, fuller and more alive than the one we inherited, a culture that has as its touchstones timeless ideas that need no improvement but that has as its target human flourishing today.

The movement has its contradictions, but it’s unified by an irrepressible energy and optimism that trusts men to take care of themselves and each other and that embraces constitutional republicanism as the best system yet tried for the ordering of the affairs of men. Intuitively, conservatives understand that men, freed from chaos and freed for excellence, can create a culture that affirms truth, beauty and life.

Free, full, alive, irrepressible, excellent … Andrew Breitbart personified much of the best of conservative culture, and his loss is a forcible reminder of the worth of our cause. Who of those who ever met Breitbart — even just once or twice, as I did — would say he wasn’t flourishing? Who doesn’t think the world would be better if more of us were alive with that kind of passion and purpose?

His death demands mourning — from little bloggers like me to giants of the conservative movement like Sarah Palin to GOP leaders like Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney. So, we mourn as a movement.

Rick Santorum said he was “crestfallen.”

“Obviously, prayers go to him and his family and, wow, it’s a big shock,” the former Pennsylvania senator [said]. “What a powerful force. It’s almost — you think of anybody out there who’s more energy, and just, out there constantly, driving and pushing. What a huge loss, in my opinion for our country, and certainly for the conservative movement. My prayers go out to his family. I’m really sorry to hear it.”

Mitt Romney said he was “deeply saddened.”

“Ann and I are deeply saddened by the passing of @AndrewBreitbart: brilliant entrepreneur, fearless conservative, loving husband and father,” he tweeted.

Today, I feel as though both of these men — with whom I never quite agree enough to be able to support either for the GOP nomination without reservations — do actually speak for me. Like them, I’m crestfallen and deeply saddened. My prayers go out to Mr. Breitbart’s wife and children — and to the many journalists, writers and bloggers who will carry his banner forward as a part of the media empire he created.

Update: Newt Gingrich also tweeted in memory of Breitbart.

“Andrew Breitbart was the most innovative pioneer in conservative activist social media in America. He had great courage and creativity,” Gingrich wrote.

What I wrote of Romney and Santorum, I mean of Gingrich, too.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Despicable. Your low-life hero is using this occasion as an opportunity to market her piece of crap movie about herself.

Seriously, who the HELL makes a statement like “This guy is be missed. Now let me tell you about the time in Iowa when I unveiled by big cinema vanity project.”

Sarah Palin is self-promoting soulless TRASH.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

getalife.

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM

All is well except for the horrible news we have been presented with today. I’m hoping that that there is another person with Mr. Brietbart’s courage, audacity and intelligence out there that I am ignorant of that can’t wait to try to fill the void. I know that is selfish of me but I feel that our best general has fallen.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Superb farewell to Breitbart here by Michael Walsh…

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Ah, reading for comprehension but I think what set the PDSers off was someone copying it in it’s entirety. As we know people like to b!tch, sometimes even me.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM

You think so?

Of all the remarks included by Tina, only quitter’s was manifestly unpresidential.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

LOL

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 4:30 PM

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

At 58 I buy it in 55 gallon drums.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Sarah was the most eloquent and sincere…the only one …presidential.

meci on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Look, I’m as big a Palin supporter as anyone, but this is just
lame. They all were eloquent and sincere.

ToddPA on March 1, 2012 at 4:31 PM

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 4:30 PM

They are just trying to give us something to smile about on this sad day.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Mama told me not to say bad things about dead people. I would respect that and say RIP.

But anyone remembers what Breitbart said after the death of Ted Kennedy?

liberal4life on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

We’ve already Outed this as the Left’s carefully coordinated and desperate Meme du Jour to try and deflect attention away from the many vile things being said today about AB on their many blogs.

F-

PS, if you can find examples of Breitbart going after Kennedy while he was still alive (like your side did with Tony Snow) or even of him going after anyone else like this after they died, we’ll stop laughing at you.

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I feel that our best general has fallen.
Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM

You’ll love this, where he is described as Achilles. The final paragraph:

He did not live to make General, which is the Left’s gain and our loss. But his example lives on. Those of us who were his friends, colleagues, and allies remain standing, in the fight to the end. It is the very least we can do for him.

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM

It is truly sad..I agree he will be impossible to replace..Hopefully someone will take the tourch and carry on..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 4:34 PM

ToddPA on March 1, 2012 at 4:31 PM

+ 100..Very well said..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM

In honor of Andrew who liked 80′s music. I present Take on Me!
(funny it’s produced by Rhino records)….skip the advert. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

I’m out for the day/eve, later Cindy.
Dire, tell Bmore I posted my music for the night. :)

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 4:37 PM

And it was then necessary for so many Palinoids to go on and on about it that if you responded to each one I would criticize you for it and not mention the ‘noids?

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

yeah, pretty much.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

getalife.

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Hard as it may be to imagine, I think our old friend getalife actually had more class than Dai-Kookoo.

Not that that’s saying a lot.

UltimateBob on March 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM

SPOT ON.

ToddPA on March 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 4:37

I will do it..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM

They are just trying to give us something to smile about on this sad day.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Thanks!

That brightened my mood..:)

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 4:41 PM

This is great too, from Jason Mattera. Remember this?:

I saw his contempt for the liberal press firsthand. After a 2010 speech I gave to the Conservative Political Action Conference critical of Barack Obama, New York Times reporter Kate Zernike maliciously claimed that I had used “racial overtones.” It was her first dispatch from CPAC. Her “evidence” was so embarrassingly threadbare that she retreated to arguing that I employed a “Chris Rock voice” to mock Obama.

Andrew was also at CPAC, and, shortly after the smear-piece went live, I told him about it. He was just as outraged.

Vintage Breitbart was about to go on display.

“I’m just going to show you what I had to deal with today,” Andrew began to tell the crowd gathered to watch him accept an award.

“Kate Zernike of the New York Times, are you in the room?”

She was in the room indeed.

“You’re despicable. You’re a despicable human being…You came to CPAC to get your prey and here’s your prey: Jason Mattera from HotAir.”

“[You’re] the one that correlated his voice to Chris Rock. He happens to be from Brooklyn. He’s using his voice.”

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 4:42 PM

yeah, pretty much.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Hey whiner, find that “attack” post yet?
Didn’t think so.

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM

+ 100..Very well said..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Yep. That was the one that started this mess.

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

OMG, how did this become a Palin thread?

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Palinoids came piling in claiming that only what Palin said was presidential. Yeah, they said something that stupid about her facebook post.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM

lol, no, something like 3 people posted in the first 6 minutes of the thread, all basically saying the same thing-that she put out a decent statement.

Then you came piling in at the 1:30 PM mark and started to throw PDS bombs.

Thanks for showing us who you Fear.

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

In all seriousness, I made the first ever practical suggestion about how the Palinoids could stop annoying the hell out of everyone else on our side who is not a groupie and cult member — and still say nice things about quitter every day! — for the sake of unity on our side. Not that they will do it. But it is very simple. You should check it out.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Sarah Palin is self-promoting soulless TRASH.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Another escapee from the Sanitarium who slipped in with the
Open Registration?

ToddPA on March 1, 2012 at 4:46 PM

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

True this..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 4:46 PM

It was advice he could not heed. It was not in his DNA ever to leave the field. He was the kind of leader the Right needs more of — not a go-along, get-along time-serving functionary but a tactical commander on the battlefield, ever ready to take the bridge, fire the village, and move on to the next objective. If he had a flaw, it lay in not distinguishing between tactics and strategy, and in fighting with targets (Media Matters and a host of other blogosphere hacks and nonentities) who were beneath him.

None such men are running for president, and no such, by far, is in the WH. What a bunch of eunuchs!

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Sorry, here’s the link.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Yep. That was the one that started this mess.

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

It would have happened eventually….

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Another escapee from the Sanitarium who slipped in with the
Open Registration?

ToddPA on March 1, 2012 at 4:46 PM

He’s a KosKid reject and on the dim side.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Thx, you are so right. I’m thinking lavender bubbles with a glass of wine a toast – “To Brrriiiieeeetbaaart”.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Perfect.

DevilsPrinciple on March 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Andrew Breitbart’s death is terrible loss to everyone — to his family, his friends, his colleagues, conservatives, and lovers of liberty everywhere.

(And as for you, Daikookoo — ESAD. Hope you got off on all the responses your inappropriate trollery evoked.)

Scriptor on March 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM

(a) you are correct that that is the Palinoid remark that began the back and forth.

(b) it was modified in this late repetition or parody so as to say the opposite of the original Palinoid claim — before anyone had said anything negative about the cult goddess.

(c) We two now agree how the Palinoids inappropriately interjected controversy and unreasonable statements into this thread.

(d) You just haven’t gone back to the beginning to see that it was a Palincult remark that is the culprit and you only remarked upon the late parody.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Y’know, If you would refrain from deliberately using inflammatory descriptors, instead of Governor Palin’s name, some of your points, which may have some validity, might not be received the way they are. Of course, that isn’t nearly as much fun.

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Andrew left there and went on to hugely exciting things. He founded Big Hollywood and Big Government and BreitbartTV and I’ve lost track of what else. He picked fights for fun and profit, but most of all for patriotism and an honorable sense of indignation at the hubris and hypocrisy of the mainstream media and the Left. We didn’t agree on everything and we differed on style. Hell, everyone differed with Andrew when it came to style.

Smile Andrew. Their hatred and their ways will make them combust.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Beautiful, I just can’t imagine the devastation of those who actually know him.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Hence, while I will stop calling Mitt by his name and start calling him “Obamacare’s Godfather.” I will also stop calling Newt by his proper name and start calling him “Couch Sitter.” Great to think of how many ways a person can play this childish bullshit game, isn’t it?

gryphon202 on March 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Okay, I will try that and we will see if it works.

My points are helpful, most of all to Gov. Palin’s admirers for they explain how they might praise her without alienating everyone else on our team.

I came here to see what had been written about the AB and the first thing out of the box: here come the Palinoids not saying that the former Governor spoke well, but rather that everyone else failed to say something presidential.

I still see no evidence that they understand what I am referring to.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Absolutely shocked to hear the news of Andrew Breitbart’s passing. My heart is heavy and my sincere condolences go out to his wife and children. We have lost a giant in the conservative movement and his will be an impossible void to fill. I pray that God comforts the family in a real way and that they are able to feel the prayers and support of those who loved who Andrew was and what he stood for even though we did not personally know him. America has lost a man of undeniable courage, wit, doggedness, and most of all a genuine hero. God grant him peace and a legacy of many happy warriors who have been inspired by him to carry on the fight for right and conservative ideas.

JannyMc on March 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM

yep. Our best general has fallen.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 4:42 PM

LOL! I remember that!!

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I have a couple of posts up on my blog about AB. I just looked at the current stats. At this moment, these are the top “Search Keywords” that are showing up from people who are currently reading my blog:

andrew breitbart cocaine

burn in hell andrew breitbart

andrew breitbart atheist

andrew breitbart and cocaine

andrew breitbart happy reactions

andrew breitbart piece of shyt (my change for sensors)

andrew breitbart ruined people’s lives good riddance

andrew breitbart wife

andrew breitbart, cocaine overdose

breitbart enemies

Pretty sick. The guy had a wife and 4 children under the age of 12.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM

They apparently do not know how to praise her without slamming everyone else in the party at the same time. Or they are unwilling to.

It’s not so good. I know a lot of people who wish that the Governor would go away simply because her supporters are so insufferable.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM

gryphon202 on March 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM

It gets old. I hate seeing someone who may have a legitimate argument, crap all over himself because he can’t resist namecalling, just to tweak the opposition.

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 5:07 PM

10 out of 10 people die because the wages of sin is death. We all have to face death one day. There’s no getting away from it and you will be dead a lot longer than you will be alive. You need to understand that. Please be ready friend. Be ready for the Lord.

apocalypse on March 1, 2012 at 5:07 PM

gryphon202 on March 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Ditto that. I will never be ashamed of my support for Governor Palin. But I will probably be irritated in perpetuity at the way some of her detractors fling around straw men and ad hominems supposedly in the service of some ill-defined greater good.

gryphon202 on March 1, 2012 at 5:08 PM

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Well, on second thought, maybe that would take away too much from their enthusiasm. That is one thing they have going for them.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I take great offense at people trying to profit from somebody else’s death. Even moreso when they are claiming they were that person’s “friend”.

This explains my views in this thread.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Your point about trying to profit in a time of tragedy or mourning is well taken. That would be unsavory. However, I don’t believe that is what SP was doing.

When friends or family spoke to me at funerals of my closest family members, one of the most comforting things they could do was to recall a time they shared with my loved one and tell me all about it and how they felt, etc. It is part of what is customary when extending sympathy.

bntafraid on March 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM

They aren’t all that way. All the candidates have their share of obnoxious HA supporters. Why not just avoid them? Or, you could have very nicely handled that initial post about Palin without the gratuitous insult about quitter. Your point was valid.

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Naturally, they are already dancing on his grave, with the manic joy of being suddenly and miraculously delivered from one of their most potent enemies.

— Michael Walsh

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM

+100

Thanks Del.

itsspideyman on March 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM

You’re an interesting one.

The only people that have hell bent Palin irrationality today are you and Daikokuco. It’s also amazing that your first post (and it was about Palin) on the thread was 7 minutes after Daikokuco’s last post at 1:56 and we haven’t heard from it since.

What time is the next Muckraker shift change?

CTSherman on March 1, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Rush Limbaugh remembers Andrew Breitbart 3.1.2012
Mar 1, 2012
************

Rush Limbaugh pays tribute to Andrew Breitbart. RIP Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012.
(Video 14:03)
=============

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 5:21 PM

-that she put out a decent statement.

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at

4:45 PM

That wasn’t the claim that was made.

Your summation not bad.

Thanks for showing us who you Fear.

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

It is boring and, incidentally, not even true, when you and other enthusiastic advocates on behalf of the former Governor repeat that phrase as if it were an incantation.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Thanks for showing us who you Fear.

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Wow, the posts write themselves.

Said it before and will say it again.

Thanks for showing us who you Fear.

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM

…that she put out a decent statement.

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at

4:45 PM

That wasn’t the claim that was made. Very far from it.

Your summation of her post is not bad.

Thanks for showing us who you Fear.

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Again, Governor Palin perfectly captures the mood of the conservative movement in our hour of sadness and says what needs to be said, like no other.
WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Yep. Great comment from Palin. Breitbart really backed her in lots of situations. And I remember him having fun at that Iowa event.

Anyway, nice to hear the candidates say a good word about him, even if they weren’t to close to him. It’s still nice to give condolences.

Dongemaharu on March 1, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Do you mean “fear” lest O win reelection were your hero nominated?

Or “fear” because she is somewhat conservative, if not the best vessel?

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM

The country needs 1000 more Breitbarts” — Limbaugh

Alas, there isn’t even one, for utter shame.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation:

I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies.

Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I’ve lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I’ve gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night.

Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us.

May the Complex spontaneously combust, for dereliction of duty.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM

How in the world did a sad occurrence such as Breitbart’s passing become about Sarah Palin? This obsession is why she is not liked by any but a few lonely souls.

Breitbart offered good stuff… I hope they are sure his death is natural… and I hope those videos he talked about are in friendly hands.

I offer my sincere condolences to his poor wife and children. And I hope his children know that their father served a good and noble cause, which may be in it’s last throes or begining a new awakening, depending on the turn of this election.

petunia on March 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM

O/T a tad,
=========

At Atlanta-area rally, Santorum predicts 1st or 2nd place in every Super Tuesday state

Submitted 9 mins ago from firstread.msnbc.msn.com
=============================

Santorum predicts first or second in every Super Tuesday state
26 Mins.ago
************

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM

“The country needs 1000 more Breitbarts” — Limbaugh

Alas, there isn’t even one, for utter shame.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Schadenfruede:Sadly True!:)

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 5:47 PM

If you can stay up or record, Red Eye will be dedicated to Andrew Brietbart. I am sure it will be the best.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 5:58 PM

petunia on March 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Rent free!

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 6:00 PM

This site is disgusting. Some people here should not be allowed on Hotair if the moderators at Hotair were normal and caring human beings but I guess they think it is fun to see everybody insulting each other even on such a day. The one I am talking about are really filthy and repulsive human beings. I hope they will rot in hell. I am sure they will.

After such a tragedy, whatever your opinion – if you are a libtard hater shut the he.l up – pray for Andrew’s family. That’s all we should be doing right now – and yes so sad for us conservatives who lost such a hero of the conservative movement. What a loss. Rest In Peace Andrew.

Screen all blurry..

American Dream 246 on March 1, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I think what set the PDSers off was someone copying it in it’s entirety.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM

No, it was the claim posted by an enthusiast of the former Governor that the remarks of everyone else were un-presidential.

In other words, a ‘nista wanted to use the occasion to sling mud. After that, Palinoids came out of the woodwork acting as if the response to the original ‘nista provocation had come out-of-the-blue.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:19 PM

American Dream 246 on March 1, 2012 at 6:05 PM

It’s tough but we have to know who and what we are facing. It reflects poorly on them, not Hot Air.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Okay while you are so busy analyzing everyone else, you might want to take a look in the mirror. That said, everyone’s remarks stand on their own and if you are proud of yours’ that’s swell.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I don’t think they like it when she is called “quitter,” either. Just something that I noticed. So I’m trying to give up the moniker for Lent or something.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:28 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I’m sure they don’t like any of the negative things she is called. I like Gov. Palin a lot but what you think of her is of supreme indifference to me. I wish her fellow supporters would join me in that feeling.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Well, over the course of the thread I talked myself into thinking that at least they are enthusiastic! We need that. So that was my peace offering.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Since we are mourning Andrew Breitbart’s passing…

Is that what he would do?

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:28 PM

When you use the “Q Word” in just about every single post (as you have done on this thread) you give your critics plenty of ammo.

That repeated use of the “Q Word”, by the way, would indicate that you have nothing better to attack Palin with. If you did, you would not have to keep screeching “Quitter” in almost every post.

Just curious, why all the anger over her “quitting” to begin with? Was it the fact that she was the subject of numerous bogus nuisance lawsuits brought by Democrat Rent-A-Lawyers that kept her from doing her job as Governor?

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM

So that was my peace offering.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I can only speak for myself but peace among like minded people is a good thins. With the death of Andrew Breitbart, I don’t think we need to discourage any messengers. Except Frum and Brookes.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM

No. It was that it rendered the inexperience charge true and permanent.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Except Frum and Brookes.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM

lmao.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:49 PM

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I don’t feel comfortable saying what Mr. Breitbart would do, I like freedom of speech. Have you read AP’s post on Andrew? The update on his last hours would indicate that he welcomed disagreement. I’m sure he left the conversation knowing he was correct. The Left has been telling us to shut up through intimidation, I don’t like those tactics. I think they aren’t what America is about. But that’s just me. Or at least I hope it’s not just me.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM

a good thins? Obviously having a Ricky Ricardo moment.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 6:50 PM

+ 1000..Hear!..Hear!..I am with you!..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 6:57 PM

No. It was that it rendered the inexperience charge true and permanent.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Your dislike for Sarah Palin is now well documented. And your 5 hour rant suggests you are deeply deranged regarding anything to do with her or her family. For your mental health I would suggest staying away from Palin threads, and when Palin comes up in a thread you should probably ignore it.

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM

No, “q” really doesn’t give them ammo. It reminds of the governorship and also of the feint involving a 2012 run and that makes them angry. I am being so nice now. Don’t overstate your case maybe. Since I am giving up the moniker for 40 days and nights. ;-)

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

YOu have given in to your hate DARTH!

RedLizard64 on March 1, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Lots of great comments here. I cannot understand why people can’t otherwise take a timeout from political differences and just say I’m sorry and RIP.

hawkdriver on March 1, 2012 at 7:04 PM

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 6:58 PM

That sounds exactly like you and what you need to do. Why you want to say such ugly things?

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 7:04 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Funny how inexperience and the fallout of it in the form of Obama doesn’t gin up as much outrage in the public arena.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 7:05 PM

+ 1000..Hear!..Hear!..I am with you!..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Amen. A last vestige of decency in thought on Hot Air. Cindy, you’re a gem.

hawkdriver on March 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Especially on Conservative blogs….

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 7:10 PM

hawkdriver on March 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 6:57 PM

You guys are the best.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM

“Stand upright, speak thy thoughts, declare The truth thou hast, that all may share; Be bold, proclaim it everywhere: They only live who dare. ” – voltaire

mittens on March 1, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Yes. That, his church, his record of voting “present,” all the papers from his Illinois statehouse days disappearing, no school records, every gaffe unreported, complete lack of media interest in his fund raising and his becoming the first Prez since Nixon to opt out of federal campaign finance restrictions (to say nothing of the credit card issues), … one could easily go on. The alphabets and newspapers to the Americans are a major problem.

She was MUCH more experienced. And that is saying something.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Nope.

You are.

hawkdriver on March 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM

She was MUCH more experienced.

Better to say, she had executive experience which he lacked entirely and a case could be made that she was at least as experienced, given the relative importance of executive experience. I shouldn’t overstate the case.

The loser McCain bears much blame, actually. It wasn’t time.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM

hawkdriver on March 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I agree..You and Cindy are both great Americans..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Especially on Conservative blogs….

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 7:10 PM

In 2008 everyone here realized it. The difficulty with continuing the argument at present is that he who would be her opponent does now have experience. That is a regrettable fact but a fact all the same.

I probably should not have answered Del Dolemonte’s question, actually. I just tire of the assumption that one is some kind of moonbat freak if one begs to differ.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM

The sad thing is that their “vetting” of Gov. Palin has probably killed her political career. A good honest public servant made a polarizing figure for no good reason. I think this is the very thing that Andrew Breitbart was championing against. He wanted to support those willing to serve the American cause. People who have unabashed love for our history and what we are suppose to be will always hold my heart.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Not a single one of us agree on everything here at Hot Air. When I accepted that it opened my eyes to the awesomeness of the people here.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I do.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 1, 2012 at 9:25 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Stay yourself and keep posting..You will do fine:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Stay yourself and keep posting..You will do fine:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Thanks.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 10:28 PM

. . . Sarah Palin is self-promoting soulless TRASH.
Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

You keep gnashing your teeth like that, you’ll soon need dentures.

listens2glenn on March 2, 2012 at 12:53 AM