Santorum, Romney respond to the news of Andrew Breitbart’s death Update: Newt’s response added

posted at 1:20 pm on March 1, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Days like today remind me that “the conservative movement” is, in fact, a movement. Together, we move toward a culture that is ever freer, fuller and more alive than the one we inherited, a culture that has as its touchstones timeless ideas that need no improvement but that has as its target human flourishing today.

The movement has its contradictions, but it’s unified by an irrepressible energy and optimism that trusts men to take care of themselves and each other and that embraces constitutional republicanism as the best system yet tried for the ordering of the affairs of men. Intuitively, conservatives understand that men, freed from chaos and freed for excellence, can create a culture that affirms truth, beauty and life.

Free, full, alive, irrepressible, excellent … Andrew Breitbart personified much of the best of conservative culture, and his loss is a forcible reminder of the worth of our cause. Who of those who ever met Breitbart — even just once or twice, as I did — would say he wasn’t flourishing? Who doesn’t think the world would be better if more of us were alive with that kind of passion and purpose?

Rick Santorum said he was “crestfallen.”

“Obviously, prayers go to him and his family and, wow, it’s a big shock,” the former Pennsylvania senator [said]. “What a powerful force. It’s almost — you think of anybody out there who’s more energy, and just, out there constantly, driving and pushing. What a huge loss, in my opinion for our country, and certainly for the conservative movement. My prayers go out to his family. I’m really sorry to hear it.”

Mitt Romney said he was “deeply saddened.”

“Ann and I are deeply saddened by the passing of @AndrewBreitbart: brilliant entrepreneur, fearless conservative, loving husband and father,” he tweeted.

Today, I feel as though both of these men — with whom I never quite agree enough to be able to support either for the GOP nomination without reservations — do actually speak for me. Like them, I’m crestfallen and deeply saddened. My prayers go out to Mr. Breitbart’s wife and children — and to the many journalists, writers and bloggers who will carry his banner forward as a part of the media empire he created.

Update: Newt Gingrich also tweeted in memory of Breitbart.

“Andrew Breitbart was the most innovative pioneer in conservative activist social media in America. He had great courage and creativity,” Gingrich wrote.

What I wrote of Romney and Santorum, I mean of Gingrich, too.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Sarah was the most eloquent and sincere…the only one …presidential.

meci on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

O what horse shit.

It is tiresome the way people drag this talk into every conversation. It drives people away. You point is false. Facebook is adolescent.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM

There’s something wrong with your brain.
I just have a gut feeling about it…so it must be true.

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM

It wasn’t Sarah’s movie, she didn’t profit from it. She mentioned it to identify the date and place, and I suspect to poke a little self-deprecating humor at herself. No one’s going to buy the movie because of her facebook post, and if they did, she gets no money or anything else from it.

Doesn’t it bother you that you come across as a huge jerk, and people will remember that, and so discount what you write here in the future? People will mentally kill-file your posts, as they should.

Paul-Cincy on March 1, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Quitter is not a candidate. The thread concerns candidates.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I’m crestfallen by Andrew’s death, and that conservatives have a problem with the word “crestfallen”. Oh well.

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I’m not sure that the 1 or 2 people who have difficulty with that word are what I would call conservatives.

UltimateBob on March 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM

And because I respect Breitbart and his way of doing things, I have no problem calling her out for exactly what she is.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Obviously you are emotionally distraught over the loss of Andrew. You need some time alone to consul yourself. Log off the computer and come back later when you have regained your senses.

Egfrow on March 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I take great offense at people trying to profit from somebody else’s death. Even moreso when they are claiming they were that person’s “friend”.

This explains my views in this thread.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Palin definitively is a friend of Breitbart.

That’s why he was present on the day of the showing of The Undefeated and in the movie.

And Palin doesnt make any money from it. It’s possible Breitbart family does since he’s in the movie.

It’s your type of constant liberal hate like this against Palin , Breitbart fought against.

the_nile on March 1, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Quitter is not a candidate. The thread concerns candidates.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM

You should read before you post skippy….

Sarah Palin was part for article posted here.

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Having to drag that talk into every conversation makes one wonder if your obsessed with something.
Its kinda adolescent.

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM

UltimateBob on March 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM is a fine conservative, I think the word is too seldom heard to sound normal to ear. I hope my teasing of him wasn’t taken as criticism.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 2:10 PM

2012 Win one for Andrew.

birdhurd on March 1, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I wonder what Glenn Beck, whom Breitbart despised, is saying about him.

VorDaj on March 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Facebook is adolescent.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Leaving Palin out of it for the moment, I find calling any effective new media tool ‘adolescent’ on a thread that is ostensibly about Andrew Breitbart really quite ironic.

ElectricPhase on March 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM

This will be very heart wrenching to watch….”War”

tencole on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Added to my “Favorites”…

… Thanks!

Seven Percent Solution on March 1, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM

This one gives pause to wonder. How small and twisted a life must one have to spend time spouting hatefulness for the purpose of provoking anger in return?

novaculus on March 1, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I wonder what Glenn Beck, whom Breitbart despised, is saying about him.

VorDaj on March 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I don’t care, this a day for thinking of Andrew and praying for his family and our country.
I

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Then do that rather than being so ill tempered and bossy.

VorDaj on March 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I wonder what Glenn Beck, whom Breitbart despised, is saying about him.

VorDaj on March 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I happened to hear a small part of Beck’s radio show today, and in the part I heard he was very decent. Said he had no issue with Breitbart, even if Breitbart had issues with him, and recounted some of his accomplishments. Can’t say what else he might have said.

novaculus on March 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM

novaculus on March 1, 2012 at 2:18 PM

And it has been on a roll, from the contraception thread.

Turnabout is fair play. Republicans never support the idea of “religious exemptions” for drug laws, for example. Bathe in your own statism, hypocrite pukes.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM

ElectricPhase on March 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Thank you.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Nobody else is using his death to remind people of a crappy product that they are trying to profit from. If you don’t see anything wrong with that there’s something wrong with you.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM

And you are using Andrew Breitbart’s death to spout your hate. It’s really disrespectful to Breitbart.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Quitter is not a candidate. The thread concerns candidates.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM

The thread concerns the conservative movement.

magicbeans on March 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

ElectricPhase on March 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM

BaZINGa! Her message reached me first. I’m a relatively old person, over the half century mark. I saw Sarah Palin’s facebook eulogy before hearing from any of the actual candidates. She was followed by a posting by Newt and then I saw Mitt and Santy’s remarks here.

Fallon on March 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

And, she was his friend.

Fallon on March 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Thanks for the link canopfor-watched them on Red Eye together- friends.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I am hardly Palin’s bff, but your ugly comments are nothing short of unhinged. She was reminiscing about her personal relationship/experiences with Breitbart. For you to suggest she should edit her memories because for some bizarre reason you find the content crass, is, well, ironic – because it seems to me the last thing he would suggest would be for someone to censor their thoughts. I appreciate that you, like us, loved the man, but please find a better way express your grief. This is hardly how anyone, least of all Breitbart, would choose to be defended.

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM

ElectricPhase on March 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Thank you.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:26 PM

LMAO

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Typical. I don’t see any point in feeding the derangement.

novaculus on March 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM

BTW, Breitbart’s website is adding moving tributes by the minute here.

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Okay, we have to all get along for the common cause. But couldn’t you tone down the quitter-idolatry just a notch or two?

It is manifestly false to say that whatever she or someone on her behalf happened to type up was the only presidential utterance. It makes HA, the GOP, the United States, and conservatism look retarded.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM

We’ve had our disagreements, but thank you for your post.

I salute you..:)

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Just based on what Tina wrote above, it seems that Santorum’s sentiments are more sincere than Romney’s.

Romney’s tweet looks & sounds like typical boilerplate politician-speak.

UltimateBob on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

How about a moment of unity?

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Do you think we can observe Breitbart’s death without parsing other people’s condolences for political advantage in the primaries?

Some “conservatives” are no better than the lefties hooting, hollering, and celebrating on Twitter.

I, for one, and glad Romney and Santorum took the time to note Breitbart’s passing, and I’m sure Newt will do the same. And even if he doesn’t, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t care.

DRayRaven on March 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Well said. This isn’t some competition. Let’s not forget that this is about Andrew Breitbart…not the people that send their condolences. Let’s leave politics out of this for once.

GOPRanknFile on March 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Sarah was the most eloquent and sincere…the only one …presidential.
meci on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

O what horse shit.
kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Your reply to meci was as adolescent as anything (and a lot more than some) I’ve seen on Facebook.

listens2glenn on March 1, 2012 at 2:37 PM

novaculus on March 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM

To true, I couldn’t help myself, no excuse. That said it would appear that it may have gone off to spread cheer and happiness elsewhere, that is some consolation,

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I wonder what Glenn Beck, whom Breitbart despised, is saying about him.

VorDaj on March 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I heard most of it. He had nothing but good things to say about him and hoped that other would be inspired and be as brave as Breitbart was in living their beliefs.

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Not particularly buying into the notion that either of these guys even knew who Breitbart was…

Jeddite on March 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Thread winner !!

tencole on March 1, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Yeah, let’s use Breitbart’s death to bash other conservatives.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:40 PM

listens2glenn on March 1, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Thank you. I had need of being understood.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I wonder what Glenn Beck, whom Breitbart despised, is saying about him.
VorDaj on March 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Um, you may want to watch this vid.

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM

VorDaj on March 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Sorry, VorDaj, I didn’t mean to make it sound like I was bossing you, I just don’t care what Beck thinks today.

If I sounded ill tempered, I didn’t mean to. I’m very sad today.
I apologize.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 2:43 PM

. But couldn’t you tone down the quitter-idolatry just a notch or two?

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

You’re just making things up to fit your belief system.
I wasn’t speaking in defense of Palin..I was pointing out your obsession with her.

This:

Is your false premise/strawman.

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 2:47 PM

How about Palin idolizers restrict themselves to a claim that we can take their word for, such as “I was most moved by what quitter said because…”, instead of declaring ex cathedra that nothing anyone else said or ever could say would be “presidential” ?

The restricted claim would be plausible.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not above taking a whack if I think I have something pithy for the entertainment of bystanders. But generally speaking I think these kinds of people are desperate to provoke some kind of response, and any response just encourages the crazy.

Fish aren’t bitin’ today, so I’m going to go on safari to Cabela’s.

Have a good afternoon.

novaculus on March 1, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Breitbart remembered…A collection of his greatest hits.

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 2:57 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Palin seems to be living in your miserable little head, rent free…

I wonder what causes such derangement?

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 2:57 PM

…I resent Palin trying to use his death for her own gain…
Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM

wow.

Tsar of Earth on March 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

You see, the Palin idolater M.O. is to begin by attacking everyone in the world and in passing except for the reality show diva/quitter and then to act surprised and martyred when someone responds.

True, it’s not likely that Palinoids understand that to say, e.g., “no one else is x” and so forth ad nauseum is precisely to begin by insulting in the party or movement. And that is sort of precious in a Special Olympics sort of way. But it gets tiresome.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Coincidence, The Closer is showing the episode with Orson Bean today on TNT.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Frum reaching for a new low. Ace scoopes up the turd.

the_nile on March 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Thanks for idolater stock phrase #345.

I was asking for some moderation from the nutcases for the purpose of maintaining some harmony within the movement. People get tired of Palinoids continually assaulting everyone else and then playing the martyr when they are called out afterward. You do have brain enough to understand that to say “only quitter said something president” is to attack everyone else as not having done so?

But if you want to turn ever more people against your goddess, you go girl. There are lot of former quitter fans who simply cannot suffer the blather of the worshipers. Don’t you know that? Seriously. You do know that you run people off, don’t you?

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:08 PM

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Teach your Palin co-religionists to say, “I most admire what Sarah said because…” Instead of, “only quitter ever says anything right.”

You could help your sect by means of this simple modification.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Ace scoopes up the turd.

the_nile on March 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Thanks for the link. From Ace:

David Frum will die as he lived, gray, timid, small, spiteful, cramped in thought and bent in spirit, slender of talent and obese in self-regard, unloved, unnoticed, unremembered and unread.

Better to live outrageously for only a short spell than to hiss from the shadows, content to live within the niggling license of Master’s Leash.

John the Libertarian on March 1, 2012 at 3:11 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I struck a nerve…LOL

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Serious question:
You actually don’t see your obsession with her?

The thread is about the death of a great motivator who showed how to confront the cowardice that is liberalism………and you can find a way to bend it into a Palin bash.
Doesn’t that seem odd to you?

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 3:19 PM

But anyone remembers what Breitbart said after the death of Ted Kennedy?

liberal4life on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

While ill timed perhaps, it was nevertheless true. I would have at least allowed the corpse of Kennedy to cool completely. Kennedy was a prick and a bastard. Two words I’m sure Teddy was intimately familiar with being called.

Breitbart said :

“Look, this man was granted absolution for nothing. Class, life station played a part but PARTY was everything. GOP couldnt get away with it,” complained Breitbart in one tweet. “IF a GOP possesses 1/100 of human failings of T. Kennedy he/she is TOAST,” he claimed in another. “In this moment I cant but recognize absolute backwardness of media & society. Bush=EVIL. Ted Kennedy=SAINT. Im gonna keep fighin’, folks,” Breitbart said in another tweet.

Breitbart was right up there with the great William F. Buckley.

DevilsPrinciple on March 1, 2012 at 3:20 PM

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Plenty there to strike.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 3:19 PM

That’s precious. First, you or one of your co-religionists make an attacking remark and then if someone responds, you say, “You have an obsession!” It is the most frequent play in the quitterfan playbook. The threads are littered with it.

The person who said, “quitter and only quitter said or ever could possibly say anything presidential” made an explicit attack on everyone in the party. I was curious as to whether your sect to notice how you operate. I guess not.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM

? Do you think, I should stop posting here.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 3:26 PM

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Holy Cow, absolutely not, why would you think such a thing?

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM

…I resent Palin trying to use his death for her own gain…
Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM

You are a nutcase. Seek help. Fast.

BabyGrace on March 1, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Quitter is not a candidate. The thread concerns candidates.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM

And obvious morons should not have access to computers.

riddick on March 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Of all the remarks included by Tina, only quitter’s was manifestly unpresidential. It was too long. And it couldn’t resist the opportunity to use a death to self promote.

But I expect that from quitter. As long as your co-religionists restrict yourselves to applauded whatever she happened to say, I wouldn’t even mention that. Just stop attacking everyone else in the party in order to make quitter look good or what you call looking good. Deal?

Say (unreasonably) that it was presidential. Do don’t expect to not encounter resistance if you say, no one else but quitter … blahblahblah. Deal?

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Or just keep alienating people. If that is how you want to roll. It’s tiresome to have to explain things this simple.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:36 PM

What a great loss. He was one of a kind that’s for sure.
I wonder who will now pick up the torch.

If one is a conservative and are looking for a candidate, look
no further than the three responses above.

Can you pick out the one that is sincere and speaks to conservative
activism via video, blogging, etc.? The one that speaks to who
Andrew Breitbart was?

Amjean on March 1, 2012 at 3:36 PM

OMG, how did this become a Palin thread?

I appreciate the statements of the candidates, who I think are speaking for just about all of us. What a huge loss in Andrew Breitbart. The left hated him so much because he used “their” tool — the media — to effectively skewer their ideas (and often, their actions). It’s the same reason they hate Rush Limbaugh. And like Rush, Breitbart was a happy, positive, constructive guy, with a pointed sense of humor (and perhaps, like Scaramouche, a bit of a sense that the world was mad).

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I seem to tick off the people I don’t necessarily mean too, I don’t try to offend just try to sort out my thoughts with others in the conservative sphere. I value your writing skills and seems I have much work to do. I’ve been called out by Danish and as above VorDaj for being snotty, anyway it shouldn’t be about me.
I’m just thinking that maybe I should just go back to lurking.
My heart hurts today,…was a close follower AB.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM

And obvious morons should not have access to computers.

riddick on March 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Don’t be so hard on yourself. The internet is the demotic writ large: You cannot not be “worthy.” But we appreciate your moment of self-doubt…

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:43 PM

OMG, how did this become a Palin thread?

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Palinoids came piling in claiming that only what Palin said was presidential. Yeah, they said something that stupid about her facebook post.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Just heard the tragic news over the radio. This is terrible. Breitbart realized more than anyone out there the damage and foreboding power of the Liberal media in politics. It drove him with fire. We really needed him this coming election. This death is more than untimely. It’s like a sick joke. I hope he has a talented protege to take over his media empire, someone as equally charismatic and with such a strong, commanding personality we can get behind and support.

RepubChica on March 1, 2012 at 3:47 PM

My heart hurts today,…was a close follower AB.
MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Andrew loved to tick people off too. It’s no reason to stop posting your thoughts. I was annoyed but politics tends to do that. If making people angry was the barometer I’d have been gone from here years ago.

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM</blockquote

Well, I think it is illuminating that anyone can distinguish "snotty" from text, good to know that some of my remarks are appreciated for how they were intended. Do you really give a flying flip what anyone says here? Outside of Hot Air (and barely here) they have zero impact on your life. My only advice is to clarify if you think you have been misunderstood and if you have misunderstood someone else they will do the same. Speaking only for myself, you have been a welcome addition to Hot Air and I would be sorry if you stopped commenting.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I’m just thinking that maybe I should just go back to lurking.
My heart hurts today,…was a close follower AB.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I’ve read your posts. I can’t say that you are/were controversial or snotty necessarily, but I will say that anything you’ve ever said, that I’ve read, has been sincere and consistent and heartfelt.

It’s been an emotionally charged day. Perhaps a brief respite and decompression is in order.

Your opinions are valued here. I’m sure many others feel the same.

DevilsPrinciple on March 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM

So what? At the most, that comment deserved a “whatever”. This is not the time or place…

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Me too!!!

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I don’t know how Sarah got into this, but it’s long past time to give up on her, at least for this round.

flataffect on March 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I always enjoyed listening to Andrew sit in for Dennis Miller on his radio show. With Andrew’s death, there are big shoes to fill now.

Ward Cleaver on March 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Tina’s a Palinoid….

Who knew? LOL

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Thanks, I’ll strive to put more careful thought into my posts.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Oh, go get an exorcism. Sarah Palin shows up at the eulogy and you have to try and ruin the occasion for everybody else.

Aitch748 on March 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:25 PM

You’re just making a fool out of yourself imo.

You just made a claim.

The claim was that I or someone else made an “attacking remark”.

Can you scroll back and c/p the remark that, in you mind, was an “attack” that made you defend yourself?
Thanks.

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

UltimateBob on March 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I merely said “who talks like that”?. I have never heard that word used by normal people in normal conversation.

Hate to break it to you, that has nothing to do with my conservative values, which remain in tact.

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

flataffect on March 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Somebody praised her for her Facebook post and a couple of posters here blew their stacks over it.

“Give up on her”? What are you talking about? She eulogized Andrew Breitbart.

Aitch748 on March 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Thanks Cindy, I guess I do give to much care to what others think, I do know that about myself – too sensitive, need to get a thicker skin.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Can I just say, I loved Andrew Breitbart. I am so sad he is gone. So sad. He was so unique, so creative, and so effective.

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I must be blind as a bat because I see Gov. Palin’s response in the comments but not in the post. Not that I object to reading her response to this tragedy but it seems it have set some folks off.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM

And it was then necessary to go on and on about it?

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

The only place I appreciate R(H)INO, my skin. Figuratively speaking obviously.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

There you go:)

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

“His death demands mourning — from little bloggers like me to giants of the conservative movement like Sarah Palin to GOP leaders like Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney. So, we mourn as a movement.”

I think this is what set it off…

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Your opinions are valued here. I’m sure many others feel the same.

DevilsPrinciple on March 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Thx, you are so right. I’m thinking lavender bubbles with a glass of wine a toast – “To Brrriiiieeeetbaaart”.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

You are not blind it is not in the post..:)

PS..Good to see you..Hope all is well..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM

He was so unique, so creative, and so effective.

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Indeed. And I don’t want to sound crass, but I hope he left the video he previewed at CPAC under lock and key with a trusted source. Breaking the story is not gonna be the same without his showmanship, though. The guy knew how to captivate a sympathetic audience and scorn the political opposition and their supporters. Who’s gonna scorn them now?

RepubChica on March 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM

The only place I appreciate R(H)INO, my skin. Figuratively speaking obviously.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

no lubriderm for you. lol

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

See…the problem is that the reasonings that you expressed in the above post only exist in your mind you’re making it up and claiming that it is real. This is the same way that bigots “reason” things.

You’re kind of delusional and obsessed as far as Palin goes imo.

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 4:21 PM

The good die young.

The land is so much poorer today. The world is too, as AB was one of a kind, a man with steel in every fiber.

Hardly any such are left, for utter shame.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM

+ 100..Excellent post..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Ah, reading for comprehension but I think what set the PDSers off was someone copying it in it’s entirety. As we know people like to b!tch, sometimes even me.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Facebook is adolescent.

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Hey jackass, AB’s favored social medium was Twitter. Know what’s trending on there right now? “WhitePeopleYoutubeSearches”, “1000GhettoWaystoDie”, and “Watching Ellen”. Twitter is downright juvenile, but Breitbart knew how to use it. Palin knows how to use Facebook in the same way. If you’ve got a problem with her, you need a new line of attack, because this one sucks, particularly in the context of Breitbart’s death.

MadisonConservative on March 1, 2012 at 4:27 PM

That’s some very beautiful and eloquent writing there, Tina.

Alana on March 1, 2012 at 4:28 PM

But anyone remembers what Breitbart said after the death of Ted Kennedy?

liberal4life on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Anyone remember when Kennedy let that woman drown because of him?

Anyone remember when Breitbart was responsible for anyone’s death?

Then cork it, dips**t.