Santorum, Romney respond to the news of Andrew Breitbart’s death Update: Newt’s response added

posted at 1:20 pm on March 1, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Days like today remind me that “the conservative movement” is, in fact, a movement. Together, we move toward a culture that is ever freer, fuller and more alive than the one we inherited, a culture that has as its touchstones timeless ideas that need no improvement but that has as its target human flourishing today.

The movement has its contradictions, but it’s unified by an irrepressible energy and optimism that trusts men to take care of themselves and each other and that embraces constitutional republicanism as the best system yet tried for the ordering of the affairs of men. Intuitively, conservatives understand that men, freed from chaos and freed for excellence, can create a culture that affirms truth, beauty and life.

Free, full, alive, irrepressible, excellent … Andrew Breitbart personified much of the best of conservative culture, and his loss is a forcible reminder of the worth of our cause. Who of those who ever met Breitbart — even just once or twice, as I did — would say he wasn’t flourishing? Who doesn’t think the world would be better if more of us were alive with that kind of passion and purpose?

His death demands mourning — from little bloggers like me to giants of the conservative movement like Sarah Palin to GOP leaders like Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney. So, we mourn as a movement.

Rick Santorum said he was “crestfallen.”

“Obviously, prayers go to him and his family and, wow, it’s a big shock,” the former Pennsylvania senator [said]. “What a powerful force. It’s almost — you think of anybody out there who’s more energy, and just, out there constantly, driving and pushing. What a huge loss, in my opinion for our country, and certainly for the conservative movement. My prayers go out to his family. I’m really sorry to hear it.”

Mitt Romney said he was “deeply saddened.”

“Ann and I are deeply saddened by the passing of @AndrewBreitbart: brilliant entrepreneur, fearless conservative, loving husband and father,” he tweeted.

Today, I feel as though both of these men — with whom I never quite agree enough to be able to support either for the GOP nomination without reservations — do actually speak for me. Like them, I’m crestfallen and deeply saddened. My prayers go out to Mr. Breitbart’s wife and children — and to the many journalists, writers and bloggers who will carry his banner forward as a part of the media empire he created.

Update: Newt Gingrich also tweeted in memory of Breitbart.

“Andrew Breitbart was the most innovative pioneer in conservative activist social media in America. He had great courage and creativity,” Gingrich wrote.

What I wrote of Romney and Santorum, I mean of Gingrich, too.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

“Crestfallen” ??? Who talks like that?

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Nice job, Tina.

iwasbornwithit on March 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

By the way, Newt responded too.

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

“Crestfallen” ??? Who talks like that?

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

How DARE he use words in offering condolences that do not conform to your vocabulary!

Get a friggin’ life.

portlandon on March 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Newt, I guess, had nothing to say about the death of Andrew? That’s just too bad.

kerrhome on March 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Not particularly buying into the notion that either of these guys even knew who Breitbart was…

Jeddite on March 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I wonder why she didn’t mention Newt?

Rose on March 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Occasionally me when it seems like every adjective has been taken.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 1:25 PM

“Crestfallen” ??? Who talks like that?

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I’m pulling for Romney, but that is the perfect word to describe how I am feeling.

thebrokenrattle on March 1, 2012 at 1:25 PM

By the way, Newt responded too.

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

From Gingrich’s Twitter feed:

Andrew Breitbart’s sudden death is a tragedy for his family and for conservatism. Callista and I send our prayers and our condolences.

Steve Eggleston on March 1, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Tina is waxing poetic. Eulogizing will do that. Brings up the feelings.

Paul-Cincy on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Sarah was the most eloquent and sincere in her tribute to Andrew. Dare I say the only one so far that is presidential.

We are all stunned and saddened by the news of Andrew Breitbart’s passing. Andrew was a warrior who stood on the side of what was right. He defended what was right. He defended the defenseless.

It is so sad to consider his four young children who have lost their dad. All our prayers are with his family now. May God comfort his wife and children.

Many of us will have life-long memories of our work or encounters with Andrew. May we draw on those to help forward the cause of fighting for what is right. For me, just one of those memories was in Pella, Iowa, last year after the premiere of “The Undefeated.” Andrew held court in the restaurant at the local hotel talking about his favorite topic: how “culture is upstream of politics” and how conservatives must be unafraid to fight the leftwing media, cultural, and political establishments. The loss of his voice in this fight will be deeply felt, but thankfully his work lives on at his “Bigs,” and thank God for his inspiration and leadership.

God bless you, Andrew. Rest in peace, friend. We will continue the fight.

– Sarah Palin

meci on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

RIP Andrew. I feel we need to do a better job of living up to and defending conservatism like he did. I almost feel as if I lost a family member.

Swerve22 on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Steve Eggleston on March 1, 2012 at 1:25PM

Thank you.

Rose on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Anybody know what is going to happen to the information Andrew had that he was going to release on Obama this fall?

Swerve22 on March 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Very sad day. Interesting to go over th pjmedia, they’re collecting the left sides tweets on this news. Let’s just say the civility is less than what one would wish.

rbj on March 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I’d like to hear Newt’s response and Palin’s also. Too bad I have to go to another website for the info….

tinkerthinker on March 1, 2012 at 1:29 PM

…and Ron Paul?

KOOLAID2 on March 1, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Jeddite on March 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Seriously? They may not have known him personally, but they certainly knew who he was.

changer1701 on March 1, 2012 at 1:29 PM

“Crestfallen” ??? Who talks like that?

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Uh, people with an education?

Ward Cleaver on March 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Again, Governor Palin perfectly captures the mood of the conservative movement in our hour of sadness and says what needs to be said, like no other.

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Newt Gingrich ‏ @newtgingrich
Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details

2h Newt Gingrich ‏ @newtgingrich
Reply RetweetedRetweet
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Andrew Breitbart’s sudden death is a tragedy for his family and for conservatism. Callista and I send our prayers and our condolences

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Jeddite on March 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I’m with you there. Santorum and Flopney’s statements could be made about ANYONE they are “supposed” to feel bad about dying. Format letters. “Insert name here”.

At least Newt Gingrich is aware of what Breitbart did to some extent:

“Andrew Breitbart was the most innovative pioneer in conservative activist social media in America. He had great courage and creativity.”

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM

..does anyone realize how incredibly hard it is to type with tears welling up in your eyes?

The War Planner on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Like a Robin that’s soaring on the wind, falling from the sky.
Too short.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM

AB was just getting started…think what 20-30 years of his work could do in fixing what has gone wrong in our country.

KOOLAID2 on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Swerve22 on March 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Mysteriously vanished?

rhombus on March 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Has Herr Doktor blamed the Mossad yet? Seriously though, we lost one of our best champions just before taking to the field of the last battle. RIP Mr. Breitbart, you will be sorely missed!

Rogue on March 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

“Crestfallen” is a perfect description of how I feel.

TheLastBrainLeft on March 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

meci on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

You beat me to it….

Sarah and Andrew were walking the same path, and he defended her when many were silent.

I pray for him and his family.

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Do you think we can observe Breitbart’s death without parsing other people’s condolences for political advantage in the primaries?

Some “conservatives” are no better than the lefties hooting, hollering, and celebrating on Twitter.

I, for one, and glad Romney and Santorum took the time to note Breitbart’s passing, and I’m sure Newt will do the same. And even if he doesn’t, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t care.

DRayRaven on March 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Palin also has a very touching facebook post about AB.

Dana Loesch (who worked for AB) had a sad tweet.

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

meci on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Sarah has extraordinary rhetorical gifts, speaking clearly and plainly, from the heart, to our hearts, always speaking the truth, in her own original way.

Paul-Cincy on March 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Tammy Bruce was crying and had to stop – went to a taped interview with AB.

It’s just so sad.

#BIGHEAVEN

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Perry tweeted as well

Rick Perry
‏ @GovernorPerry RIP ‘O Mighty Warrior!

gophergirl on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Despicable. Your low-life hero is using this occasion as an opportunity to market her piece of crap movie about herself.

Seriously, who the HELL makes a statement like “This guy is be missed. Now let me tell you about the time in Iowa when I unveiled by big cinema vanity project.”

Sarah Palin is self-promoting soulless TRASH.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

“God bless you, Andrew. Rest in peace, friend. We will continue the fight.” Amen

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I was a severe Breitbart fan and a severe fan of all of his websites.

-Mitt Romney

CycloneCDB on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

===============================================================

Yes,Tina,so true:)

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 1:36 PM

The War Planner on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I’m at work trying to hide behind the screen. I’ve got my excuse ready if someone asks me what’s wrong. Gut wrenching loss.

TxAnn56 on March 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Sarah Palin is self-promoting soulless TRASH.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Speaking of trash… Ed, isn’t it time we took out some trash, aka, Daikokuco?

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM

The War Planner on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Yef I doo.

Doughboy on March 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Really? How do her word of condolences differ from anyone else other than your deluded hatred? How bad do you feel about his death? Now consider that she actually knew him.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

F off moron….

Sarah Palin was a friend of Andrew, you’re just some despicable idiot, trolling on a blog.

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM

meci on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

That’s probably because Sarah was the only one out of all of them that had the most contact with Brietbart…..he was a staunch Palin supporter, and a staunch supporter of conservatism…..not so much a supporter of Newt, Santorum or let alone Mitt.
Palin was able to speak from experience and from the heart….the others not so much.

tencole on March 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Sarah Palin is self-promoting soulless TRASH.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Can you link to what post you read…..
I can’t find your interpretation in what I read.

Electrongod on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

meci on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I didn’t realize it was a competition.

a capella on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Speaking of trash… Ed, isn’t it time we took out some trash, aka, Daikokuco?

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM

2nd that

Norwegian on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Now Brietbart, in the untimely end to his story, belongs to the ages.

His legend will grow, and be a source of inspiration for future reporters in search of the truth.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

DRayRaven on March 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Well articulated, I had the same thoughts. & I’m a Steelers fan.

22044 on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Speaking of trash… Ed, isn’t it time we took out some trash, aka, Daikokuco?

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM

One of, if not THE greatest advocate of democratized media dies, and you use the opportunity to call for banning people who call out your self-promoting personality cult leader. Who is herself using his death to try and promote her worthless self-serving movie, yet again.

Rich. And incredibly disgusting.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

The guy was certainly a giant in terms of ideas, content, methods and innovation. I am glad he was on our side.

ted c on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

TxAnn56 on March 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I’ve been avoiding co-workers all day. I just can’t stop thinking about it.

tdpwells on March 1, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Sarah Palin is self-promoting soulless TRASH.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

This is not the time or place.

Take your hat off and show some respect.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Rep. McCotter on the House Floor:
**********************************

Mourning the Loss of Andrew BreitbartStory

Submitted 32 mins ago from http://www.youtube.com
============================

Rep. McCotter on the House Floor:
Mourning the Loss of Andrew Breitbart

Uploaded by RepMcCotter on Mar 1, 2012
***************************************

“There was no stopping Andrew Breitbart from fighting the good fight with every fiber of his soul. Good bye and God bless, Brother Andrew. You are loved and mourned and ever remembered.”
===============================================================

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Nobody else is using his death to remind people of a crappy product that they are trying to profit from. If you don’t see anything wrong with that there’s something wrong with you.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Rich. And incredibly disgusting.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Ed, a little help here? The trash is overflowing.

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Troll alert

22044 on March 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Rich. And incredibly disgusting.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Never mind answering my previous question to you.

I think I know where the problem is with your statement…

Electrongod on March 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Andrew said he would get in the trenches with our nominee, no matter who he is. At CPAC he said you are either with our nominee or you are with the OCCUPY movement.

Too bad our side does not have more like him. Too bad THIS place does not have more like him.

Elizabetty on March 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Sarah Palin is self-promoting soulless TRASH.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Daikokuco:Your on da wrong thread!

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Meanwhile:

Liberals celebrate death of Andrew Breitbart

Chip on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I wonder what Ron Paul’s reaction was. Strangely, he seems to be the most aligned with Breitbart politically – both are freedom-loving, non-religious, pro-life, take-no-prisoners straightforward speakers. On the other, Ron Paul being Ron Paul, there is little love lost between him and the conservative media.

PS: To all of you Ron Paul haters, lay it off. The guy is NOT running for Presidency, that much is clear. Keep f**king that chicken and a significant, politically active group – who are open to the fiscal part of the conservatism and will likely embrace the rest as decades go by – will turn to nihilism, a natural conductor to the left side of the political spectrum. Is this the price we have to pay for your ideological purity?

Archivarix on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

This will be very heart wrenching to watch….”War”

tencole on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

The great AB is gone, Romney’s up at Rasmussen, Rove is crowing, the Senate continues to destroy freedom, I just finished paying bills, and am getting ready to finish my taxes. Will this day get any worse?

kringeesmom on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Rich. And incredibly disgusting.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Just go away scum….

You degrade the memory of Andrew Breitbart.

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I think crestfallen is a perfect word to describe how I feel right now. Shocked and aghast is how I felt 4 hours ago.

Sad is also how I feel because most of the people I will interact with today won’t understand the loss.

HawaiiLwyr on March 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Seek to be offended and you will find a reason. She mentioned his websites also, how very commercial of her, maybe we shouldn’t click on them so we don’t look crass. Please continue, you are your own worst enemy.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Mama told me not to say bad things about dead people. I would respect that and say RIP.

But anyone remembers what Breitbart said after the death of Ted Kennedy?

liberal4life on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Daikokuco:Your on da wrong thread forum planet!

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Fixed it for ya, bro.

Archivarix on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Sarah Palin is self-promoting soulless TRASH.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Daikokuco:Your on da wrong thread!

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Daikokuco needs to go over to Yahoo! News where more than a few folks have commented that they wish Breitbart had taken the Palins with him. Daikokuco would fit right in with that bunch.

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Just based on what Tina wrote above, it seems that Santorum’s sentiments are more sincere than Romney’s.

Romney’s tweet looks & sounds like typical boilerplate politician-speak.

UltimateBob on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

“Crestfallen” ??? Who talks like that?

stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I do. Is there a problem?

CurtZHP on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Fixed it for ya, bro.

Archivarix on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Thanks for the chuckle. I needed it right about now.

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:46 PM

“Crestfallen” ??? Who talks like that?
stenwin77 on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Literate people?

whatcat on March 1, 2012 at 1:46 PM

A couple of hours after hearing this and it still feels like a kick in the groin.

Red Cloud on March 1, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Jeddite on March 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Thread winner !!

tencole on March 1, 2012 at 1:46 PM

You can see how I feel about Breitbart’s death on the main thread about him. Needless to say, a great loss.

This thread is about politicians (who look to me) like they are trying to politically profit from the guy’s death. I deifnately see something wrong with that. Some have been gracious (Gingrich). Some, as Jeddite pointed out, seem like they are only saying anything because one of their advisors told them they should. And some are using it to market themselves.

I take great offense at people trying to profit from somebody else’s death. Even moreso when they are claiming they were that person’s “friend”.

This explains my views in this thread.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Mama told me not to say bad things about dead people [but I will tell you something bad about Breitbart on my next thread post]. I would respect that and say RIP [except I don't really mean it].

But anyone remembers what Breitbart said after the death of Ted Kennedy [Because it doesn't matter. I am going to post it in my next comment on this thread]?

liberal4life on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

The lefties have their marching orders. And they’ve fanned out over the blogs posting the same thing.

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

This explains my views in this thread.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Keep digging idiot!

idesign on March 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Maybe Andrew’s death will cause some of the Romney and Santorum extremists here – and it’s just a handful of idiots – to tone down their rhetoric and realise that you’re ultimately all on the same side.

EnglishMike on March 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

This explains my views in this thread.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Sorry, no backpedaling allowed to save your skin. Only someone with a severe case of PDS takes what she said and turns into a screed about her evil intentions. It’s okay, we know what you’re thinking, you don’t have to hide it.

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

This will be very heart wrenching to watch….”War”

tencole on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Breitbart, telling it like it is, in a calm and dignified way. Well, except for the “F” word at the very end. LOL. :) It’s OK. It’s 2 minutes of thoughtfulness, punctuated by 1 second of anger. That’s forgivable.

Paul-Cincy on March 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Dude, get a grip. Seriously.

UltimateBob on March 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

You have zero knowledge of either of their day to day live, have you considered that maybe that was the last time she saw him? Even if it wasn’t, your “righteous” indignation is based on your views and yours’ alone. We are touched that you shared them with us.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM

What I liked the most about Breitbart is that he was from the Left. He and others like him (Tammy Bruce comes to mind) knew firsthand how despicable the Left is and always has been. Having awakened from the Matrix-like trance of Liberal thought to the clean air of freedom was, at first, astonishing. Then it became maddening because so many others were still entranced by the empty promises of the Left.

Thus the passion that Breitbart brought to his work. I’m sure he realized that once he passed that the lefties would gleefully dance on his grave (as many of them are right now). But his great legacy is that he has made it so much more difficult to be a Lefty these days. The uncritical acceptance of Liberal “wisdom” is harder because of the New Media. And there are legions of young people who will probably be spared the misery of Liberal thought thanks to the great work of Breitbart and others like him.

Breitbart: A warrior who inspires.

EMD on March 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM

“fearless”

That word seems to be coming up a lot and is the first thing that came to my mind, as well. We should heed his example not to allow ourselves to be intimidated.

AB indeed spoke truth to power.

crosspatch on March 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM

This explains my views in this thread.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Your views are so darkly cynical that you should consider seeking help. Breitbart championed Palin at every turn. You’re not making any sense.

John the Libertarian on March 1, 2012 at 1:54 PM

kringeesmom on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Yep…..take a look…

“Two more American soldiers were killed Thursday in a shooting by an Afghan soldier and a literacy teacher at a joint base in southern Afghanistan, officials said, the latest in a series of deaths as anti-Americanism rises following the burning of Korans by U.S. soldiers.”

“…Thursday’s killings raised to six the number of Americans killed in less than two weeks amid heightened tensions over the Feb. 20 burning of Korans and other Islamic texts that had been dumped in a garbage pit at Bagram Air Field near Kabul. More than 30 Afghans also were killed in six days of violent riots that broke out after the incident.”

tencole on March 1, 2012 at 1:55 PM

WordsMatter on March 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Where did I backpedal? I still contend that Sarah Palin is a rude, self-serving opportunistic political hack that “never lets a tragedy go to waste”. Has anybody quoted her facebook post in this thread yet? Go ahead and do so, so we can all see how she spends the majority of her “condolences” talking about herself.

I resepect Andrew Breitbart. That man was never afraid to call out corruption, opportunism, and cynical lying when he saw it. Because I respect Andrew Breitbart, I resent Palin trying to use his death for her own gain. And because I respect Breitbart and his way of doing things, I have no problem calling her out for exactly what she is.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Sometimes a big stinking pile of turd is simply a big stinking pile of turd, but carry on with your projections of motive

gatorboy on March 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM

EMD on March 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM

That’s very true. He had a unique insight into the liberal mindset…that’s probably why they hated him so much. Well that, and the fact he was so wildly successful at exposing them.

changer1701 on March 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM

foad, dirtbag

james23 on March 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM

And we are sure that she is suitably chastened. Thank you.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM

crest·fall·en   [krest-faw-luhn]
adjective
1. dejected; dispirited; discouraged.

How True!

Egfrow on March 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I’m crestfallen by Andrew’s death, and that conservatives have a problem with the word “crestfallen”. Oh well.

I fell in love with Breitbart during this interview with Hannity in March 2009, where, with his usual great humor, he talked about how his children weren’t permitted to talk about St. Patrick’s Day at their Brentwood school. Yep, thanks to what he correctly described as Cultural-Marxism, it was renamed “Potato Day”. Unfortunately I can’t get the video to load properly – a real shame as it was classic Breitbart. The quote used for the vid was:

“While everybody’s worried about the banks and the economy, I’m worried about what’s happening to people out there who dissent from Barack Obama.”

The transcript too is no longer available:(

I also distinctly recall him talking about how he began to emerge from the liberal group think cocoon while attending Loyola in New Orleans. He’d been told all his life that Southerners were hicks and morons, but he saw them with his own eyes, and saw great and brilliant people. I have a special place in my heart for conservatives who began their lives as liberals (David Horowitz, former Communist is another).

Buy Danish on March 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM

But anyone remembers what Breitbart said after the death of Ted Kennedy?

liberal4life on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Andrew Breitbart is not the one who killed a woman and then was praised by the liberal media what a great humanitarian he was

utebell on March 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Jeddite on March 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

How odd. Why not? Are you basing your doubt in something, or just winging it based on a “gut feeling”?

Mimzey on March 1, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM

You don’t know sh@t…

Andrew Breitbart was a friend and a consistent defender of Sarah Palin!

You’re just some deranged PDS sufferer, making a fool of yourself on a blog.

Seek help!!!!!!!