Report: Breitbart was in talks with CNN for a show — with Anthony Weiner

posted at 7:52 pm on March 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

I can’t bring myself to believe that it would have happened, only because this is a brilliant idea and brilliant ideas from CNN don’t happen often. They would have blown it somehow. They always do.

But I don’t know. Maybe this one was foolproof.

Last weekend, Breitbart told friends he was in early talks with CNN about a Crossfire-style show in which he would argue from the Right alongside former US House representative Anthony Weiner taking him on from the Left.

Such a show could have been a blockbuster. In what was perhaps his finest hour, Breitbart was the man who ended the political career of Weiner by revealing that the married congressman he had sent lewd photographs sent to young women via Twitter…

Confidants of Breitbart say he had some reservations about a CNN show but would probably have signed up for it. He was intrigued by the notion of a show with Weiner, believing it could be a vehicle for real discussion of ideas.

Edie Emery, spokeswoman for CNN, said that CNN had no comment.

Weiner would have gone for it, I bet. It would have been the perfect path back into politics for him — an instant ratings hit because of the bipartisan fascination in watching him spar with his accuser plus symbolic remorse/forgiveness for his scandal insofar as he’d be partnering with the guy who exposed it. Think “Parker/Spitzer” but with an irresistible backstory and atomically combustible personalities. It would have been dynamite. The two of them were naturals.

Follow the link up top and read all of Toby Harnden’s post, as it contains a few details I hadn’t seen before foreshadowing this morning’s horrible news. Over at Ricochet, Lileks reflects on the heavy toll, emotionally and physically, that being a one-man media wrecking crew must have taken on Breitbart:

He was at my house last summer for a party, and it was a great raucous event – everyone was his friend by the end, if they wanted to be. Andrew stayed late. Everyone else was gone. We were having a last drink in the kitchen, waiting for his cab. He was leaning up against the counter, expressing frustrations about how he was regarded by the establishment right, the difficulty of getting the message through the thick stone walls of the mainstream media, the damned toll of it all sometimes, the discouraging moments when rewards seemed scant.

He could tire, and did; perhaps he had his moments of self-doubt that may have stabbed as deep as any conviction he was on the right path. I remember that conversation, because it was the opposite of everything else he always was – and it made who he was all the more remarkable.

Institutional discouragements, conflagrations with the left, blogs to manage, projects to launch, media appearances to make, endless travel, and of course a family to take care of. Even for someone who crackled with energy and determination, that’s a heavy lift.

In case you haven’t seen it elsewhere today, a memory involving his would-be co-host.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I thought the attacking of Breitbart was supposed to be off the table until he was at least buried. I have some less than nice things I would like to remind people about him, but I think we wait a few days…

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM

This sounds right up Andrew’s alley, turning conventional wisdom on its head.

And he didn’t really hold grudges, he had a soft spot for flawed human beings like himself.

commodore on March 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Big Weiner now on CNN.

Flange on March 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM

The original Crossfire was my first introduction to political back and forth. So would have loved to see Andrew do something similar.

AndrewsDad on March 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I think I’d rather juggle running chainsaws, coated with grease, than have to be in the same room with Anthony Weiner for an hour.

RBMN on March 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Ratings blockbuster if they did it right.

aunursa on March 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM

If it’s not the kind of thing you’d feel comfortable saying to his widow’s face along with their four adopted children, I’d give serious consideration to shelving the sentiment indefinitely.

gryphon202 on March 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Sounds like a disinformation campaign.

Breitbart isn’t around to rebut these stories.

faraway on March 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Breitbart and Weener on the same TV show ?
Now that would have been so confusing for me.
I would be sitting in front of the TV, trying to forget the nakedness of one man ,
while trying to imagine the other one naked !!
RIP Andrew
You were the best
:-(

burrata on March 1, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Kathleen Parker hardest hit.

SouthernGent on March 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Two men enter…
I’m sure there would’ve been a lot of d*ck measuring on that show!
:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

One of Andrew Breitbart’s final interviews (if not THE final interview of his career) was of…

Sheriff Joe Arpaio last night.

Andrew Breitbart was interested in the information that sheriff Joe Arpaio shared today. And I think that Andrew would want that information broadcast as far and wide as possible.

ITguy on March 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

heh. Weiner is nothing without Andrew.

he’s still a putz. Did his wife ever have her baby?

ted c on March 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Breitbart is dead.

I fight back tears in my eyes.

For so many reasons.

petefrt on March 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Here’s Bretibart’s interview last night with Hugh Hewitt.

Go to the end, about 5:50 where he talks about the James O’Keefe lawsuit. He alleges some felonious conduct on behalf of Media Matters, MSNBC, Crooks & Liars, etc. Involving false 911 calls, prank-murder harassment of his associates , etc. It’s very strange.

aquaviva on March 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Kathleen Parker hardest hit.

SouthernGent on March 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

kunegetikos on March 1, 2012 at 8:04 PM

A Breitbart-Weiner show would have caused CNN to have its best ratings since the OJ trial. Even I would have tuned into watch CNN and I can’t stand Don Lemon and crew.

Breitbart-Weiner = +1,000

Spitzer-Parker = Not so much

BTW: Is that complete embarrassment DL Hughley still on the air over there? I know that Roland Martin’s wife is still trying to get the tyre marks out of his suit, but, dude, Hughley made Martin look like a sane person.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I guess I’m too much of a “Firing Line” kind of guy to take this particular high concept seriously.

Seth Halpern on March 1, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Over at Ace of Spades there’s a fantastic tribute video put together by Ben Howe. I’ve never felt a personal loss by a “celebrity” death ever. But I do with this.

Weight of Glory on March 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM

That would have been an entertaining show. And you know Weiner would be up for it because that guy loves to fight.

SoulGlo on March 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM

He gloried in his battles, re-tweeting the vilest things said about him to shame and expose their authors. But he told me that he had wondered about the effect of his public persona when his son had been upset relating how a school friend had said to him: “My father says that your father is evil”.

I wondered earlier how much of the invective thrown his way reached his family.

It’s going to be weird when the next big political story breaks and Breitbart won’t be out there, offering his opinion. RIP.

changer1701 on March 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM

i woulda watched

DBear on March 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM

AB ate dinner at Bill Ayers house 2 wks ago.

ted c on March 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM

who’s “we” ?…have a turd in your pocket?…don’t knock yourself out…just stay on the toilet, for the next month or few!

KOOLAID2 on March 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM

aquaviva on March 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM

It looks suspicious. For now I will not speculate. But I for one will be watching. Let there be not one stone left unturned.

petefrt on March 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I never tend to check or even contemplate liberal blogs. Huffpo(which ironically auto-corrects to “buffoon” on my iPhone),dkos, and such. But after a number of references in the comment threads on these Breitbart stories talking about how abhorrent their posts are about this incident, I figured theres no way it can really be that bad.

So I went and looked…

And… And… I just… I’m rarely speechless. But it makes me ashamed of people. In general.

Humans are irrevocably flawed. All around. I’m ashamed.

Boomer_Sooner on March 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM

“everyone says ‘breitbart lies, breitbart lies,” well journalists, give me one example of a proveable lie. one. put your reputation on the line.”

he was awesome…

Sachiko on March 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM

petefrt on March 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM

For the record, I’m not alleging anything suspicious. Only that, given the tragic event of his death today, one of his last interviews involved a subject that involves outright felonious conduct on behalf of his political and ideological opponents.

Check it out, it’s very weird.

aquaviva on March 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Bomb squad to Rushs house. Developing. I understand he is ok.

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Rest in peace but this man was no saint..

AndrewBreitbart ‏ @AndrewBreitbart

I’ll shut my mouth for Carter. That’s just politics. Kennedy was a special pile of human excrement.

AndrewBreitbart ‏ @AndrewBreitbart

he was a f@#$er. a big ass motherf@#$er. this aint a 24-hour zone, baby. he was a bad, bad dude. & if mary jo were your kin youd be dancin’.

Uppereastside on March 1, 2012 at 8:14 PM

For me, he was, unquestionably, the leader of the modern Conservative movement, precisely because he was a Liberal convert who saw the light. So unlike life long Conservatives, such as Rush Limbaugh, he was not content to accept the status quo, and merely critique and dissect it, with the hope of gaining new followers one at a time. He understood that it’s inadequate for Conservatives to merely react to Liberals, and that it was important to initiate events that would cause Liberals to react to us.

As a self confessed pot smoking, long haired Conservative, whom everyone assumes is a Liberal, Andrew Breitbart is not only the guy that I identified with the most, he gave me hope that we could turn this country around. He was someone who could appeal to middle aged GenXr’s and Baby Boomers who have done their fair share of partying, but who think we’ve become too permissive, too decadent, too cynical and self loathing, and we need to push the pendulum back in the other direction.

He was the William F. Buckley of the Tea Party movement. I don’t know if he can be replaced.

ardenenoch on March 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Yes he and his wife are fine. Apparently some guy in Pennsylvania sent Rush a pkg. that contained an “electronic commemorative plaque” which celebrated the a$$assination of Lincoln. He sent it to Rush as a business opportunity of some sort. Maybe this freak thought electronic a$$assination plaques are going to be all the rage and needed Rush to fund it. When Rush’s security team x-rayed the pkg., they saw the wires and called the police who then called the bomb squad. That’s all I know so far.

Weight of Glory on March 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I see what you did there. Scum. He’s not even buried and you invoke the moral authority of others to dump on a dead man while claiming you’re not? Pathetic.

ctwelve on March 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Would it have been a show like Top Shot?

multiuseless on March 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Brilliant? Try stupid. What a horrible idea. Breitbart was (past-tense, so sad) way too important to have wasted his time on garbage like this. What sane person could stand more than a few seconds of Anthony Weiner (does anyone actually watch CNN anyway)? Gross.

We miss you, Andrew – Rest in Peace.

Pork-Chop on March 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Weight of Glory on March 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Good thing he has that Life Lock huh? (nervous laugh). Just way too much for one day. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Man, who would have thought that Mr. Weiner would have a personal reason to mourn the loss of a protagonist.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Weight of Glory on March 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM

That was very good..considering the time frame…

There’s gonna be some a whole lot better.

This whole thing really sucks…

BigWyo on March 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM

They could have called it Big Weiner.

southsideironworks on March 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I think Obama had Breitbart killed. There’s a hundred ways to kill someone and have it come up as “natural causes”. It just so happened that during the general campaign leading to the election Breitbart said he was going to publish a truckload of video and audio of Obama practicing his marxist ways in college, among much, much worse things I imagine.

I wouldn’t put it past Obama. Not for a minute.

Wolfmoon on March 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 8:21 PM

It really has been one of those days.

Weight of Glory on March 1, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Andrew’s body died, but his spirit lives on. He’s still alive. It was magic while he was here among us in the flesh.

Christien on March 1, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I won’t pretend do know what Breitbart would have decided, but I don’t think he would have ended up doing the show despite the new platform it would have given him. He is his own boss right now, setting his own agenda, and working with CNN means he will have to answer to them and split time with Weiner. He would have increased his publicity and his wealth, but considering how he already drove headlines it would seem like a step back.

For CNN though it would have been ratings Gold, at least initially. still, look how low cable news and news in general has sunk by looking for a tabloid element to sell a show. The days of Firing Line will never return.

Daemonocracy on March 1, 2012 at 8:25 PM

gryphon202 on March 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM

ctwelve on March 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM

KOOLAID2 on March 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Yeah, like we do for everyone we disagree with right? I do not recall the same respect from people here for other people who were opposed to our ideals. I am not the one saying that Breitbart was perfectly ok lending credibility to a person like Weiner with a front page bolded headline. I am just curious why the same indignation you are showing for me for not saying anything other than the fact that Breitbart was not perfect is not given for the people who are trying to profit from slime headlines like this one.

So save your worthless opinions about me if you are not willing to call out the people that run this website for doing something you imagine I did.

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 8:25 PM

So sad. I still can’t believe it.

terryannonline on March 1, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I don’t know if he can be replaced.

ardenenoch on March 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Neither do I. He was truly one of a kind. RIP Breitbart.

Priscilla on March 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM

According to Kennedy’s FBI file, he was more than a “special pile of human excrement.” He met with the Soviets in an attempt to undermine both the Carter and Reagan administrations. Oh, and there was clear and convincing evidence of it.

I sought a second opinion, but Mary Jo Kopechne was unavailable for comment.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM

They could have called it Big Weiner.

southsideironworks on March 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Weiner Roast

Disturb the Universe on March 1, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Hey Allah, Ed, you’ve got to put up a Sheriff Joe/Obama BC thread.

Drudge has got it in RED LETTERS, and if not for Brietbart, it would be leading with a siren.

This is news.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Do it for Breitbart!

Disturb the Universe on March 1, 2012 at 8:29 PM

This whole thing really sucks…

BigWyo on March 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM

It really does.

Weight of Glory on March 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM

All in an 18-hour span:

1. Breitbart off the table.
2. Arpaio says that criminal acts occured w/the 0bama birth certificate.
3. Bomb squad to Limbaugh’s house.

Interesting confluence of events.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Hey, AP, take care of yourself…

d1carter on March 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM

ITguy on March 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I’m with you but we’ll both have to keep dreaming on this one. Pundits, Talkers and bloggers on the Right have been covering for this White House since day one. By ridiculing and blacklisting those who saw Obama’s eligibility as a legitimate issue they are complicit in the fraud that’s been perpetrated. And they’re all too invested in the position they’ve taken to give this issue the airing it deserves.

Lord Breitbart was a Lion. He was fearless when hunting his prey wherever it lead him. What we’re left with is nothing but camp dogs.

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM

aquaviva on March 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Got it. I’m with you.

petefrt on March 1, 2012 at 8:31 PM

How is this a brilliant idea anyway? Isn’t it just recycled disgraced Democrat with a conservative but this time they were going to use a real conservative (Parker & Spitzer).

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 8:31 PM

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 8:21 PM

It really has been one of those days.

Weight of Glory on March 1, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Bad things happen in 3′s. Just extreme sadness. Levin just reiterated what you told me. Still.

FLconservative on March 1, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Hardest hit by the loss of Breitbart…
Wiener…
He is out of a prospective job.
What is Wiener up to???
Pun intended.

Electrongod on March 1, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Did I mix up the vowels?

Electrongod on March 1, 2012 at 8:33 PM

please excuse me, I should have referred to him in the past tense. Still hard to process the news of his death

Daemonocracy on March 1, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I do wonder what Andrew Breitbart would have had to say about the very serious allegations leveled at Sheriff Joe’s news conference today.

Does Sheriff Joe = Jom Garrison?

And why… follow me here… does each major event in the history of the birth certificate get preempted by a force majeure?

1. Corsi book about to be released, to debut at #1.
2. Trump pressures 0bama to release the certificate.
3. He releases it, then bin Laden gets greased as soon as folks start crying foul, that it’s forged.
4. Down the memory hole.
5. Arpaio schedules news conference to release explosive allegations that 0bama’s certificate is forged.
6. Breitbart taken off the table, by unknown cause.
7. Conference oversadowed by Breitbart death.
8. Bomb squad at Rush Limbaugh’s house.
9. Arpaio concludes that ????
10.Memory hole.

I see a pattern here.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM

you missed that 2 more American soldiers were murdered by Afghan troops.

Daemonocracy on March 1, 2012 at 8:36 PM

AB ate dinner at Bill Ayers house 2 wks ago.

ted c on March 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I thought of that too. Hope they do a tox report on him.

wi farmgirl on March 1, 2012 at 8:36 PM

but this man was no saint..

Neither was St Ted of Chappaquiddick, but one is still idealised and the other is demonised. Yet, the former killed a woman and the latter didn’t. Yet, the former met secretly with our avowed enemies in contravention of the express policies of both a Democrat and a Republican president and the latter didn’t.

Certainly, Mary Jo Kopechne deserved better than to be left in a submerged car to die so that a drunk Senator Ted Kennedy could salvage his political career. She surely didn’t deserve to be written off, dismissed, excused, etc., as you guys did for decades. I wonder how her parents felt every time they heard the sanctimonious pontifications emanating from the Lyin of the Senate. You?

That reminds me of a wonderful example of your honourable Left:

From the Huffington Post’s Melissa Lafsky, The Footnote Speaks: What Would Mary Jo Kopechne Have Thought of Ted’s Career?:

Mary Jo wasn’t a right-wing talking point or a negative campaign slogan. She was a dedicated civil rights activist and political talent with a bright future — granted, whenever someone dies young, people sermonize about how he had a “bright future” ahead of him — but she actually did. She wasn’t afraid to defy convention (28 and unmarried, oh the horror!) or create her own career path based on her talents. She lived in Georgetown (where I grew up) and loved the Red Sox (we’ll forgive her for that). Then she got in a car driven by a 36-year-old senator with an alcohol problem and a cauldron full of demons, and wound up a controversial footnote in a dynasty.

We don’t know how much Kennedy was affected by her death, or what she’d have thought about arguably being a catalyst for the most successful Senate career in history. What we don’t know, as always, could fill a Metrodome.

Still, ignorance doesn’t preclude a right to wonder. So it doesn’t automatically make someone (aka, me) a Limbaugh-loving, aerial-wolf-hunting NRA troll for asking what Mary Jo Kopechne would have had to say about Ted’s death, and what she’d have thought of the life and career that are being (rightfully) heralded.

Who knows — maybe she’d feel it was worth it.

Feminism = Taking one for the men’s team

When you turn up a dead, promising, young woman with a “bright future” associated with Breitbart and then have someone else positing that she might have thought that being drowned by Andrew in a car so that he could go on to have an illustrative career was worth it, then I’ll consider the two equivalent.

Teddy Kennedy was a POS and for a Feminist on the Left to call Mary Jo Kopechne “The Footnote” while praising the bast.rd right after he died still makes me want to puke.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Why?

“supposed to”

Who made this rule? There are no supposed tos! People just do whatever they want! And then you can retaliate if you want. Andrew showed this if nothing else.

F— “supposed to”.

Random on March 1, 2012 at 8:40 PM

IF ONLY THE gop HAD 1/2 THE GUTS BREITBART DID.

The Republic would be a lot safer tonight.

PappyD61 on March 1, 2012 at 8:41 PM

The Weiner stuff is not new. Ho hum.

The Bill Ayers stuff needs a thorough investigation.

petefrt on March 1, 2012 at 8:41 PM

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Read your original post. You did, in fact, invoke the “too soon” argument against libel while implying you have plenty to libel with. At best, you simply chose an exceedingly poor turn of phrase, but that doesn’t eliminate the implied intent to libel. Look at your original post, and read again. Nobody here is off-base in accusing you of dishonorable behavior, because your original post is dishonorable.

ctwelve on March 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM

you missed that 2 more American soldiers were murdered by Afghan troops.

Daemonocracy on March 1, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Hey I’m just saying, man.

I’ve noticed that at critical times in the BC story, something unexpected always swoops up and pre-empts.

Even the fact that just before he was due to testify, the fellow who had the evidence on the breaking into the passport files was found dead in his car, supposedly a suicide. A young guy.

People do die when big deceptions are involved.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM

AB ate dinner at Bill Ayers house 2 wks ago.

ted c on March 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I thought of that too. Hope they do a tox report on him.

wi farmgirl on March 1, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Yeah, well, Arpaio says he’s got affidavits that people at Ayers’ house were introduced to Obama as a foreign student.

So Ayers keeps coming up.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I remember thinking what brass ones Breitbart had, to eat with Ayers and Dorhn. Like right in the center of the belly of the beast.

The dude didn’t just have stones… he was stoneHENGE.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:45 PM

1. Corsi book about to be released, to debut at #1.
2. Trump pressures 0bama to release the certificate.
4. Down the memory hole.
6. Breitbart taken off the table, by unknown cause.
7. Conference oversadowed by Breitbart death.
8. Bomb squad at Rush Limbaugh’s house.
9. Arpaio concludes that ????
10.Memory hole.
I see a pattern here.
cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM

You are a lunatic crank. I mean this. You are for real insane. You actually started with “Corsi” and somehow managed to get crazier.

Nut.

Random on March 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I think Obama had Breitbart killed.
Wolfmoon on March 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM
People do die when big deceptions are involved.
cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Really, folks? Do you have any idea how insane you sound?

cam2 on March 1, 2012 at 8:48 PM

ctwelve on March 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Never said libel. I guess you just want to make it look worse than it is, that is pretty dishonorable. Plenty, I said some, are you a little irrational?

Attacks are not libel, unless they are lies. Do you see any statement about lies there? No? I guess you are libeling me by saying there is something there that is not there. You are a dishonorable peice of human excrement.

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Less than nice things… Nope, not lies.
Remind people about him… all already part of the public record and known to be true… nope, not lies.
Wait a few days… let things cool down before attacking him… The reason I said anything is because this “News” could have waited a few days before airing.

So human excrement ctwelve, want to explain where you got all those things you are saying about my comment from? They are not in my comment, are you not just excrement but insane as well?

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Nut.

Random on March 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Ease up there, I’m just putting facts out there. Draw whatever conclusions you want. I’m just pointing out coincidences. I did not say that 0bama killed Breitbart. I like data points, and was just pointing some.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:50 PM

So Ayers keeps coming up.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM

There are many substances that could cause cardiac issues. Those people bombed public buildings. They have no souls.

wi farmgirl on March 1, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Nut.

Random on March 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM

LOL. Reminds me of this song that I came across when I was writing this piece on Paul Pot.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Those aren’t “coincidences”. You’re just a literal psychotic.

Random on March 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Really, folks? Do you have any idea how insane you sound?

cam2 on March 1, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Again, I am just putting data points out. Anyone is free to draw any conclusion they want.

Calling me a nut for doing that is equivalent to callng me a nut for pointing out that Lee Harvey Oswald had Cuban sympathies.

When I start saying on here that 0bama flew Air Force One to Brentwood and slipped something in Breitbart’s drink, get back to me, otherwise, your hyperbolic attck on me doesn’t help the discourse.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Those aren’t “coincidences”. You’re just a literal psychotic.

Random on March 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Whatever.

GAZE

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:53 PM

No one questions that The Mob puts out hits on people all the time. Yet it’s insane to believe that political mobs also have enemies rubbed out?

Eyes wide shut.

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Whatever.

GAZE

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Ignore the troll. He is part and parcel of the crowd that gave us Obama in 2008. He was likely masturbating to the crease in Obama’s pants. Was likely drooling over hope and change for weeks. Probably has fake roman columns in his bedroom still today. He is 100% certain we have nothing to fear from an Obama presidency…

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I’ve been saddened the whole day but it’s starting to get a little creepy. I can’t even go on Twitter because too many people are using his face as their avatar. Why can’t people show their respects without turning someone into an iconic, surreal figure?

No Niks on March 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM

1. Corsi book about to be released, to debut at #1.
2. Trump pressures 0bama to release the certificate.
4. Down the memory hole.
6. Breitbart taken off the table, by unknown cause.
7. Conference oversadowed by Breitbart death.
8. Bomb squad at Rush Limbaugh’s house.
9. Arpaio concludes that ????
10.Memory hole.
I see a pattern here.
cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM
————

Nut.

Random on March 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM

So Random, are those 10 points true or are they all lies ?

burrata on March 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Ignore the troll. \\[snip]

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM

HE probably doesn’t even know what “GAZE” means, anyway

lol

People misunderstand me quite often actually, in that I like data points. The ones I pointed out above are irrefutable, because they historically happened. I just keep them in mind. If something wild keeps happening over the B.C. at each breakpoint, and continues all the way to the election, then we will have a bonafide pattern. For now, I just take note, don’t draw a conclusion, and watch with an eagle eye.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM

You’re just a literal psychotic.

Random on March 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM

“Literal”- in the Joe Biden sense? Barry Dunham had Kaddafy murdered in broad daylight with the whole world as a witness. You think he wouldn’t stick the blade on the Down-Low?

Lt. Quarles Harris:

Donald Young:

Kam Kuwata:

Nothing to see here?

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Less than nice things… Nope, not lies.

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Says the person who will vote for Obama if Romney is the nominee. I’m becoming more than convinced that you’re an Obama plant.

Take it somewhere else and thanks for turning this thread into another one of your “look at me” posts.

JPeterman on March 1, 2012 at 9:05 PM

HE probably doesn’t even know what “GAZE” means, anyway

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I do not know. willing to be taught a new communication tool.

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 9:06 PM

JPeterman on March 1, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I am happy where I am.
Why do you hate Obama so much?

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Weiner & Balls

Jim Treacher on March 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Very well, time to feed the troll.

First: you are, indeed, committing libel, because you have not substantiated your claims. Libel can be performed through false accusation, or it can by committed by false implication. You are guilty of the latter. False implication here means you claim to have derogatory information, and then do not produce it. This is also known as FUD or the Nancy Pelosi. We deconstruct below.

OK then, you’re qualifying your next statement with a preceding condition. Here, you’re acknowledging a specific social taboo; don’t talk ill of the freshly-dead. Or, more simply, you’re saying: I know this behavior is bad.

I have some less than nice things I would like to remind people about him,

Having just acknowledged the social taboo, you immediately break it by pulling a Nancy Pelosi. Or, as I’ve defined above, a libel. You state you have nasty things to say about Breitbart, and are also implying they’re significant enough to warrant everyone’s attention. Look at me! But then:

but I think we wait a few days…

You back away in a dazzling display of passive-aggressive behavior, by re-acknowledging the social taboo and giving the impression you’re abiding by it, while simultaneously denying anyone the benefit of the accusations or implications you claim you have. Until you rectify this, it is libel. And because you intentionally broke a taboo while simultaneously acknowledging it, your particular turn of phrase is dishonorable.

All of this could have been avoided if you had simply held your peace. Consider the timing of your statement, and think before you type. That’s really all you need to do. Now you are a dishonorable libelist until these “few days” pass, when you can fulfill your own promise. Or you can do it here and now, since Breitbart wouldn’t want any of this passive dancing about. Out with it, or crawl back into your hole.

ctwelve on March 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Why do you hate Obama so much?

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Why do you love a Misery Index of 18% so much?

Shooting to break Carter’s 19.72%, eh?

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Why do you love a Misery Index of 18% so much?

Shooting to break Carter’s 19.72%, eh?

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I do not. I hate it very much. I have not had a pay increase since the middle of 2000. In fact, I have had a 33.33333333% decrease in my income since then. I have good cause to want to get rid of the Obama, but the thing I will not do is replace him with someone who long term has an even higher risk of causing even more harm. Romney is just such a person. I will work to ensure he is not elected. Pick one of the other candidates and lets get rid of Obama. Do not count on my being on your side if Romney is the one your supporting.

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM

HE probably doesn’t even know what “GAZE” means, anyway

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I do not know. willing to be taught a new communication tool.

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 9:06 PM

You use it on someone who is being so ridiculous that there’s no point in engaging them and cluttering the thread.

It’s a synonym for, “Here’s official notification that I’m going to ignore you.”

As in “gaze right through you as if you’re not there.”

It’s a good tool for self-control. When Dr. Tesla and bluegill get me fired up, I need to remember to use the GAZE more. It makes threads more peaceful :)

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I am happy where I am.
Why do you hate Obama so much?

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Your mask just fell off.

JPeterman on March 1, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Weiner & Balls

Jim Treacher on March 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM

heh

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 9:16 PM

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I guess I learned something from this thread. I was imagining it as a blank stare meant to indicate you are dumbfounded by the stupidity of the other person. Thanks.

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 9:17 PM

ctwelve on March 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM

LOL what a leftist tool you are.

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I think you are quite literally the first person to ever accuse me of that. Thanks!

ctwelve on March 1, 2012 at 9:17 PM

ctwelve on March 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM

LOL what a leftist tool you are.

astonerii on March 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Lt. Quarles Harris:

Donald Young:

Kam Kuwata:

Nothing to see here?

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Thank you for posting those links. I didn’t have them handy. Good blogging ;-)

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM