Quotes of the day

posted at 10:36 pm on March 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Breitbart knew instinctively, as people in Washington and most other places did not, that movies, television programs, and popular music send out deeply political messages every hour of every day. They shape the culture, and then the culture shapes politics. Influence those films and TV shows and songs, and you’ll eventually influence politics.

“The Left had known that for generations, but on the Right, so many people in politics thought only about politics. To Breitbart, that was folly. ‘The people who have money, every four years at the last possible second, are told, ‘You need to give millions of dollars, because these four counties in Ohio are going to determine the election,” Breitbart told the National Policy Council in October 2009. ‘I am saying, why didn’t we invest 20 years ago in a movie studio in Hollywood, why didn’t we invest in creating television shows, why didn’t we create institutions that would reflect and affirm that which is good about America?’…

“There really was a cultural right out there, and Breitbart made sure the country — and those eastern conservatives — knew it.”

***

“It was always funny to many of his friends that Andrew Breitbart, after he became famous, was probably most famous for being a 100 percent polarizing political lightning rod. The reason that was funny was two-fold: He didn’t actually have strong philosophical/policy beliefs – at all – and he was always perfectly comfortable and perfectly welcome in ideologically and culturally diverse settings. Like my L.A. backyard (pictured), dozens of times…

“Breitbart’s real accomplishment was his innovative, hyper-kinetics 21st-century media creation. Who else could say they helped make both The Drudge Report and The Huffington Post what they are today? Operating with budgets the fraction of daily newspapers you will never hear of, Breitbart consistently and gleefully produced about the highest impact-per-dollar political muckraking in the mediasphere…

“The circus could make even his friends wince sometimes (especially following his insanely combative and hilarious Twitter feed), but it was almost always at least interesting and frequently funny. I understand that some of his antagonists are pouring acid on his grave today, or at least bitching about the lack of James O’Keefe forensics in various obituary notices, and all I can say is: 1) He (and I, for that matter) wouldn’t have it any other way, and 2) The next Breitbart-hater to match his entrepreneurial esprit-de-corps will be the first.”

***

“I don’t think there’s much of anything I agreed with him about, which is an understatement. My interactions with him were first friendly, then later heated and vexed, though maybe not unfriendly even then. He tweeted something at me yesterday, which I ignored. There are some people who live for the fight. It’s something I try not to be part of. Yet it’s a big, punchy, vivid and outrageously honorable tradition in the American public square. I cannot think of many people who lived more out loud than he did, more in primary colors. I remember thinking at some points even the name — the way it rolls off your tongue — has this rough, brickbat, unsmoothable sound: Breit / Bart.

“I noticed on my Facebook feed this morning this comment from my friend Hilary Rosen: ‘#AndrewBreitbart RIP you big crazy rabble-rousing bundle of contradictions, loathsome actions and a giant heart. You have made your mark.’ I don’t think I can say anything more fitting.”

***

“Another evening we were both arguing with someone who still believed government can create jobs. She was from Madison and like all liberals there, she saw Governor Scott Walker as a union-busting thug who hated the working man. I explained that Walker’s privatization created way more jobs than the government did and she said, ‘Yeah, but they were all just tourism jobs.’ Breitbart ended the whole argument with, ‘So?’

“What a word. It’s only two letters but it shows the PC left they’ve never thought past the silly hysteria that surrounds their accusations. Oil companies have had record profits this year. So? That’s what they’re supposed to do. Up in Canada, my father has been fighting with the local schoolboard because they are hiring fundamentalist Muslims as guidance counselors. The trustee in charge of the program said my father’s comments could be construed as anti-Islamic and I was surprised to see him explain why they are not. ‘You need to learn Breitbart’s magic word,’ I said in an email. ‘When she calls you anti-Islamic, say, ‘So?” This was yesterday.

“I once asked Andrew where it all came from. Where did he get the hubris to take on the whole world? ‘I woke up one day,’ he told me, smiling with a drink in his hand (despite accusations, he didn’t do drugs), ‘and I said, ‘What Would Andrew Do?’ From that day forward I did whatever I wanted and said exactly what was on my mind.’ His boldness was contagious. Days after meeting him you catch yourself strutting down the street with your chest puffed-out yelling, ‘So?’ at everyone who has a problem.

“This is precisely why he was so popular. He made us all feel fearless.”

***

“The first time I met him, years and years ago when his book ‘Hollywood, Interrupted’ had just come out, he cheerfully called himself ‘A.D.D.’ He had big plans, lots of them, and he executed them brilliantly. He had a bazillion more. And now he’s gone too suddenly and too soon.

“He will be greatly missed, but his legacy online and in the conservative movement is built to last.”

***

“I’ve never known someone, perhaps with the exception of Drudge himself, who had more of a savant’s sense of media, old and new — but especially new. In the early days of the Drudge Report there was a lot of talk about how Drudge made the news, and that was often true. But he could only do that by understanding the news and how it worked at a visceral instinctive level. Matt saw this same gift in Andrew, which is why he hired him. The two of them changed the course of the massive river of news for literally billions of people. That’s no exaggeration, even venerable enterprises and institutions that despised the Drudge Report and pretended it didn’t exist had to change course because of it.”

***

Via the Franklin Center for Government & Public Integrity.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

TXUS on March 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Click on the link I posted (name and time stamp).

It’s still there I’m looking right at it.

Try this link.

JPeterman on March 2, 2012 at 12:35 AM

TXUS on March 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM

You’re probably looking on this thread like I was. Follow JPeterman’s link.

hawkdriver on March 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I’ve checked twice, and its’ original comment’s gone, but no notification of a ban where the comment was originally posted. Hmmm.

TXUS on March 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Nope, I still see it. I’ll copy it again right now:

BREAKING NEWS: It’s 11:00 am, Thursday, March 1, and Andrew has not risen from the dead … he is dead … the world continues to live on … yes, Bart is still stone cold dead. Enjoy the dirt nap.

Monkei on March 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I see it now, thanks. I was looking on this thread. I guess it wasn’t bad enough.

hawkdriver on March 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Made the same mistake. Oh, well, that putz is a neck in search of a noose, which will come soon, I think.

TXUS on March 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM

devan95 on March 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM

If you took an iconic leftie song like that from the 1960′s and plugged conservative names into it, that just might be enough to cause some liberal heads to explode.

slickwillie2001 on March 2, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I’m really not in favor of the attitude expressed by the song in this regard. In spite of all my jokes I’m really against anyone who treats women as objects. I guess it was a mistake to post the song, it’s been a long time since I thought about the words in it.

Igor R. on March 2, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Oh cut it out! The title’s Only The Good Die Young But My Dad Lived For-frikken-ever!! Oh…um…something like that ;D

Your heart was in the right place, Igor. And hopefully, quite healthy!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 2, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Bmore on March 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM

My contribution to QOTD tunes..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM

JPeterman on March 2, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Thanks, now I got it. The original post of the troll’s comments on this thread failed to note it came from another thread, thus our confusion. Good catch.

TXUS on March 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM

TXUS on March 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Nope, I still see it. I’ll copy it again right now:

Monkei on March 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I’ve made comments that posted and then were later poofed without getting me banned, it can certainly be done.

slickwillie2001 on March 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM

It’s time to deploy the Breitbart method of recrimination.

If you’re on Twitter copy the following tweet and send it to Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Are YOU going to denounce this @DWStweets? Daily Kos calls for Westboro Baptist Church to protest Breitbart’s funeral: http://t.co/8FLedobM

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 12:42 AM

My contribution to QOTD tunes..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Very nice…..Here’s one. Breitbart had Irish ancestry, you know.

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I am sick of this kind of nonsense. I don’t know about the rest of you but I am going to do something about it. These in particular.
dft2000
Monkei
freshface
There are two more. I’ll work on that in due time. I have got to crash. Goodnight all.
Andrew Breitbart RIP, we will pick up where you left off.

Bmore on March 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM

TXUS on March 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM
You’re probably looking on this thread like I was. Follow JPeterman’s link.

hawkdriver on March 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM

…it was on ‘this’ thread at 11:05.

KOOLAID2 on March 2, 2012 at 12:45 AM

slickwillie2001 on March 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Yes, that happened the night of the Michigan primary. Jailbreak’s comment went poof! but unfortunately he himself did not as he was still here the next day.

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM

My contribution to QOTD tunes..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Perfect as always. Yes I do wish he was still here. Weeps. : (

Bmore on March 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Bmore on March 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Goodnight!

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Done.

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Both places for me. I’m worn out. Good night cyncook. And thanks.

Bmore on March 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Nice tune..I have always liked Irish/Celtic music..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Go Rest High on that Mountain.

JPeterman on March 1, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Thank you, beautiful just made me sadder though.

arnold ziffel on March 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Bmore on March 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Later..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Still, the timing of AB’s death strikes an eerie chord in me….

Sherman1864 on March 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM

May have gotten an e-mail warning???..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Being Irish myself, I’ll offer this to Mr Breitbart and for the rest of we potato eating Mick brawlers. :-)

hawkdriver on March 2, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Me too. Night Bmore. Kool (and the gang).

hawkdriver on March 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Night all.
AB RIP!

KOOLAID2 on March 2, 2012 at 12:59 AM

mythicknight on March 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Coped, not cooed. Damn phone autocorrect.

mythicknight on March 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM

hawkdriver on March 2, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Excellent!..Beautiful song..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Igor, are you still among us?

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Cyn, you guys should get a room.

I read through the other posts from today. Sad.

bazil9 on March 2, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Cyn, you guys should get a room.

I read through the other posts from today. Sad.

bazil9 on March 2, 2012 at 1:09 AM

LOL How so?

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Sadly – we have a Martyr for Our Cause

Let’s NOT LET Hot Air or The Rest of The Mainstream Media to Squander His Legacy!

williamg on March 2, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Andrew’s passing is a BigLoss. May his family, friends, and followers find solace amid their grief.

Christien on March 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Not exactly on topic, but I hope continuing the same fight Andrew Breitbart was engaged in.

I consider myself obligated as a sacred duty to support good, honest, and wise men to public office, regardless of party affiliation, to the best of my ability to judge such things. I may be blinded by partisan prejudice, and I respect those who have an honest different of opinion. There may be some Democrats who do qualify, there are definitely some Republicans who do not.

In my best judgement, the current President of the United States is neither good, nor honest, nor wise, that he dishonors the office to which we have elected him, and he is in fact and intent an oathbreaker who swore falsely to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution. He must be removed, using the Constitutional mechanism of the ballot box, and a better man chosen, before it is too late.

On the eve of election day in Michigan, Santorum invited union Democrats to come vote for him in the Republican primary. It was at best foolish and shortsighted to invite people to help him now, when there is good reason to believe they will not help him in November. Not as bad is the possibility that he is being used, and has made himself vulnerable to being used. At worst, it was an actively malicious betrayal.

Now, the AFSCME (American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employeees) is encouraging its Democrat members to cross over and do the same thing in Ohio; to attempt to get a man nominated whom they will then oppose. This perversion of the electoral process must be resisted.

To my best judgement and to my regret, Rick Santorum is not good, honest, or wise enough to be the next President. I had thought it sufficient to to support the candidate I prefer, but now I feel I must actively oppose Santorum’s nomination. If the race is close in Ohio and he wins with the help of Union Democrats who will oppose him in November, he will gain additional funding and momentum and help further Obama’s known tactic of weakening and crippling potential opposition in advance.

To his discredit, Rush Limbaugh, a “conservative champion”, encouraged this sort of malicious mischief in the Democratic primary four years ago. To all of ours, including mine, we made no real protest, underestimated Obama’s cunning, and opened the way for him to attempt the same thing, more effectively.

If we cannot win elections fairly, honestly, and honorably, and allow our opponents the same privilege, we are no better than those we oppose, and cannot expect a God of truth and justice to support us.

Notwithstanding all its flaws, the United States of America has been the brightest beacon of goodness and freedom the world has ever seen except for Jesus Christ. I will do everything in my power, though I have next to none, to see it renewed and restored.

Confutus on March 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Harry’s Game

I will go east and west
(To the places) from whence came
The moon and the sun

The moon and the sun will go
And the young man
With his reputation behind him

I will go wherever he came from-
The young man with his reputation behind him.

Clannad

Dire Straits on March 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM

And appropriate lyrics for Mr Breitbart I think.

hawkdriver on March 2, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Gots to jet, too, the great white biscuit that is my bed calling me.

But before I go there, and knowing that you followed HotAir from time to time and probably are lurking now, thank you, Andrew Breitbart. For your ferocity and fearlessness. For your creativity. For your take no prisoners ‘tude. For waking up generations of conservatives, old and new. And for doing it all with joy, real joy.

While your Sun set way too early, it will rise again and again and again. And, as always, we are with you and the Sun and the morning. Your mission lives on. Godspeed, good warrior.

TXUS on March 2, 2012 at 1:18 AM

And appropriate lyrics for Mr Breitbart I think.

hawkdriver on March 2, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Lovely and sad…

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Andrew Breitbart’s death is to conservatism what Dale Earnhardt’s death was to NASCAR.

My contribution to QOTD tunes.

“Where do our heroes go?”

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

hawkdriver on March 2, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Very appropriate..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2012 at 1:20 AM

TXUS on March 2, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Beautifully said, Tex.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 2, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Confutus on March 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Yep, you’re right.

About as off topic and inappropriate as you can get.

hawkdriver on March 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM

That indignation came to Breitbart in mid-life. A bluff Irishman who had been adopted as a baby by a Jewish couple in Brentwood (one of L.A.’s tonier neighborhoods), he moved to the right in college, at Tulane University in New Orleans, and crossed over completely with the Clarence Thomas hearings, which fueled his rage against the Left for their hypocritical treatment of American blacks. I can personally attest that no cause fired his righteous indignation more than the Left’s plantation attitude toward African-Americans.

My suspicions grow that Breitbart may have had undiagnosed hereditary hemochromatosis. It almost killed me. Its #1 marker is young, unexpected death by heart attack. Called the “Celtic Curse,” the highest incidence in the world is found in Irish men – 1 of 83 have this genetic iron-poisoning disorder that is 100% fatal if not caught. Average age of diagnosis is 41. I was diagnosed at 41 and it almost killed me. My heart was majorly malfunctioning.

Before he is laid to rest, they really do need to do a DNA test for hemochromatosis, for his kids’ sake.

cane_loader on March 2, 2012 at 1:37 AM

“I want my legacy to be, that they know that they’ve screwed with the wrong guy.”

May, 2011 VIDEO: Andrew Breitbart on his Legacy

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 1:39 AM

t never bothered me until recently….like I told Igor, my situation has changed somewhat. :-) Now I’m a dragon mother or something.

cynccook on March 2, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Q. How do you turn a moderate liberal into a raging conservative?

A. You present him with a daughter.

kringeesmom on March 2, 2012 at 1:56 AM

My contribution to QOTD tunes.

“Where do our heroes go?”

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

dejavu…. I was just chatting w/my liberal NASCAR crazed cousin and gave her that very example!

I’m trying to stay awake for Red Eye. only an hour to go..

kringeesmom on March 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Still, the timing of AB’s death strikes an eerie chord in me….

Sherman1864 on March 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Death always comes in threes.
Once it was Lady Diana, Mother Teresa and Burgess Meredith.

Lanceman on March 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

He is dead and all the cares of this often awful world are no more. I envy him.

Random on March 2, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Death always comes in threes.
Once it was Lady Diana, Mother Teresa and Burgess Meredith.

Lanceman on March 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Whitney, Davey Jones and Breitbart? I thought about that 3 thing as well.

Renwaa on March 2, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Whitney, Davey Jones and Breitbart? I thought about that 3 thing as well.

It’s because the humain brain often thinks in threes. That’s it.

Random on March 2, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Yep, you’re right.

About as off topic and inappropriate as you can get.

hawkdriver on March 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I offer the excuse that I love my country, and feel this is
a time of crisis. I have been watching this space, and others,
for a few years, lurking but saying little. Recently, something has begun to awaken a sense of passion and urgency. I can no longer
be a bystander. I have a seen a little of and respected Breitbart’s work..no bystander, he, and definitely passionate, but not always wise. I’m coming arouhd to the opinion that since I’m already a fool or at least, often foolish, and can’t help it, it’s better to be an obnoxious fool who cares enough to say and do something than a well-mannered bystander who cares little and says and does nothing. Another day, another thread, may have been better for that comment, but my caring has been dead, or dormant, or asleep, or buried. It’s been waking up, and woke up a little more today.

Confutus on March 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM

He is dead and all the cares of this often awful world are no more. I envy him.

Random on March 2, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Yep. The ironic thing is that he is no longer part of the world that he worked so tirelessly to make better.

It’s crazy. I have never shed a tear over a death of someone I didn’t actually know. Even Reagan. But – today I had a little tear come to my eye when I listened to Gut talking about losing his friend.

I don’t think it’s the actual death of the man that brings a tear to my eye. Really – when you don’t know someone personally – how much are you going to “miss” them? It is what he represents.

The conservative cause needed Andrew Breitbart. We have heard many people talk about who was going to take up his sword and head back into the belly of the beast. But – let’s face facts. Whoever becomes the next Breitbart could be just as effective as he was, have just as much swagger, be everything we need a Breitbart replacement to be…but we’d be better off if we had that new person PLUS Breitbart.

I pray that his wife and kids find comfort. I hope they know that while he may not have stepped in front of a speeding bus to save his family – he died trying to save his kids. He knew that if he didn’t do the work he was doing there would be nothing left for the children he loved.

He was an amazing man. He was too damn young to go – especially now. And the challenge before this planet just got a helluva lot harder today than it seemed yesterday. And it felt pretty damn daunting before this.

If the measure of the impact one’s life can be measured by the size of the void they leave – I think we can fairly say that Breitbart was an amazing man whose like we’ll be fortunate to see again in our lifetime. I think I join a long line of people that wish they would have had the time to have one cocktail with the man.

Godspeed, Andrew.

CycloneCDB on March 2, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Confutus on March 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Oh get over yourself. I hope we have a lot of dems voting for the Republican in November. Your Romney love blinds you.

Vince on March 2, 2012 at 3:33 AM

My best to his family…

Gohawgs on March 2, 2012 at 4:55 AM

and the only thing the lsm will mention is shirley sherrod….

idiots…

cmsinaz on March 2, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Good Morning!

ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!

cmsinaz on March 2, 2012 at 6:04 AM

cmsinaz on March 2, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Good Morning! Yes, I’m sure they’ll feel virtuous for waiting a day before they start, not that they all waited…

Night Owl on March 2, 2012 at 6:14 AM

and the only thing the lsm will mention is shirley sherrod….

idiots…

cmsinaz on March 2, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Good morning. I was hoping that when I woke up this morning I’d learn that it was all part of some elaborate “sting operation” Andrew had done just to expose the left for what they really are.

*sigh*

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Dang. You cold. A vital young father of four small children is struck down without warning and it leaves you feeling ambivalent? If Anthony Weiner were to suddenly die leaving behind his young wife and newborn baby, I would still find that very tragic, regardless of the mistakes he’s made in life and regardless of his liberalism.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I was actually delighted when Ted Kennedy kicked the bucket if that provides any perspective.

Stoic Patriot on March 2, 2012 at 6:17 AM

I think Rush ought to be interesting today too. I wonder if he’s really angry that his home address was published during the excitement last night?

Night Owl on March 2, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Let me make sure I have this straight: A father dies at age 43, but you’re indifferent because you disagreed with his thoughts on whether the state ought to be involved in a religious tradition.

Fantastic.

thirtyandseven on March 1, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Yeah, being a destructive influence in certain areas isn’t going to give me the warm and fuzzies. He was a force for good in some places, and was its opponent in others. As I said above, I was pleased when Ted Kennedy kicked the bucket. And yes, that was over disagreements about his thoughts.

Stoic Patriot on March 2, 2012 at 6:22 AM

BIGHEAVEN !

stenwin77 on March 2, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Yea, shame on him for saying Go-Proud should be allowed at CPAC.

THE HORRRRORRRR.

/sarc.exe

blatantblue on March 1, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I certainly hope you feel the same way about letting the UAW speak at CPAC then.

Stoic Patriot on March 2, 2012 at 6:22 AM

BIGHEAVEN !

stenwin77 on March 2, 2012 at 6:22 AM

That is a nice thought!

Night Owl on March 2, 2012 at 6:27 AM

The hour long tribute on FNC “Red Eye” should be replayed, as is, every year on this day… forever…

Soft and sweet, my brother, be thy resting place.

Khun Joe on March 2, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Night Owl on March 2, 2012 at 6:14 AM

yepper

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 6:16 AM

*sigh*

cmsinaz on March 2, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Khun Joe on March 2, 2012 at 6:30 AM

I’m sorry I missed that….

cmsinaz on March 2, 2012 at 6:33 AM

BIG Breitbart.
Andrew!!!

maverick muse on March 2, 2012 at 6:45 AM

the passing of the great Breitbart has left a large void in our movement. who will step up and carry his torch?

renalin on March 2, 2012 at 6:51 AM

renalin on March 2, 2012 at 6:51 AM

That’s the $64,000 question. Unfortunately, my mind goes blank. I just hope his passing can be a rallying point for all of us in November. No matter who the nominee is, and we know none of them are very appealing, we can ask ourselves: Faced with the choice of “fill in the blank” versus Obama, what would Andrew do?

TxAnn56 on March 2, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Go read KJ’s post today….its a must read

Thank you KJ!!

cmsinaz on March 2, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 6:16 AM

From kingjester’s blog post this morning.

Isn’t it funny how those who claim to be the most tolerant among us are actually the least tolerant of all?

RIP Andrew Breitbart. Thank you for shining the light and making the cockroaches scurry for cover.

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 6:58 AM

What can I say that hasn’t already been said. Rest in peace Mr. Breitbart. Prayers go out to all of your loved ones and friends. Truly a sad day but your legacy will live on. Oh and David Frume, you’re a disgusting douche.

Jesse on March 2, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 6:58 AM

spot on…the party of diversity and tolerance, what a crock

cmsinaz on March 2, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Andrew Breitbart not just a Happy Warrior but he told us we were at war.

Are you prepared for that war, now?

I am saddened at the loss of such a good and happy man.

I am more determined than ever to not just survive this war but win it.

Andrew used his skill and energy in his own way to fight, and that is what is required of you: not to fight as he did but to fight with the strength he carried in YOUR OWN WAY.

It is what he asked us to do at CPAC this year.

Will you grant him that request?

ajacksonian on March 2, 2012 at 7:38 AM

He died too suddenly and too young. Forevermore when I think of AB two simple little words will spring to mind. Anthonyweiner Pressconference. What more is there to say?

rogaineguy on March 2, 2012 at 7:48 AM

This morning I woke up and thought of Warren Zevon’s sage advice:

Enjoy every sandwich.

My son sang a Zevon song at my dad’s funeral. It’s beautiful song.

Thank you, Andrew.

Fallon on March 2, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Andrew Breitbart: Warrior Prince
by Ann McElhinney on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 4:17pm ·

“I hate those people, I really hate those people.”

Andrew Breitbart said that a lot.

And he wasn’t just talking about liberal liars and hypocrites. As often as not he was talking about establishment conservatives who either never knew or had forgotten what the fight was really all about. He REALLY hated them.

And there are so many of them. You’ll find them tweeting today about how much they valued him. They didn’t; he scared them. He fearlessly said all the things they didn’t have the balls to say. For that he was loved by true conservatives and hated by the establishment frauds. These fake conservatives knew they couldn’t be that brave, that courageous, take those kinds of risks and, more than even the hateful liberals, they wanted him to fail. Andrew didn’t fail.

His words and actions have inspired so many young people, and many not so young, to take action and to speak out wherever they see the hateful liberal narrative being preached.

So many people today will talk about the nasty, vitriolic, irrational leftists whose tweets are such a fitting testimony to their bankrupt morality and such a fitting tribute to Andrew’s power to drive them literally insane. But today is not their day.

We drove together on Saturday from Troy to Detroit airport. We had both made speeches at an AFP event over the weekend. He got in the car and immediately complained of feeling really ill. I presumed it was because we had drank too much the evening before. Turns out I was wrong. Andrew was probably dying. But despite this he talked so animatedly about Fox News’ dated aesthetic, a CNN offer to team up with Weiner for a talk show, an Aaron Sorkin offer and of the fight, the fight–always the fight–to tell the truth and expose the liars.

He liked to use the word warrior. A few weeks ago we were both in Traverse City for another event and the Dana Loesch peeing over the Taliban storm in tea cup erupted. A conservative event planned for the following day had decided to drop Dana. Andrew hated those people. We stayed up super late that night. Andrew tweeted like a crazy thing. He was on the phone and texting, defending his “warrior princess” as he called Dana. I was a witness to those calls and to the texts and tweets coming from the cowardly organizers, the “it’s out of my hands” crowd. Andrew hated you guys; you know who you are.

The scene was amazing–Andrew tweeting and texting and calling people and getting more and more angry with the organizers of that event who had dropped Dana. He was surrounded by admirers who just wanted to be close to the fire that he was.

I am not sure if Andrew liked Jack Kerouac, but On the Road offers what’s for me a perfect tribute for Andrew:

“…the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

Farewell Andrew, brave warrior. You were better than them all. I am so glad I knew you.

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM

BIGHEAVEN !

stenwin77 on March 2, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Perfect.

Fallon on March 2, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Okay, I’m tearing up again. That was a wonderful read.

Fallon on March 2, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Breitbart: “Wait ‘Til They See What Happens March 1st”

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Friday, March 2, 2012

In a stunning coincidence, It appears Andrew Breitbart suffered his untimely death just hours before he was set to release damning video footage that could have sunk Barack Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign.

Around three weeks ago on February 9 during the ‘Blog Bash’ event in Washington DC, Breitbart made a prophetic comment that takes on a somewhat chilling nature given the fact that he died in the early hours of March 1st.

Speaking to Lawrence Sinclair of Sinclair News, Breitbart stated, “Wait til they see what happens March 1st.”

[...]

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Fallon on March 2, 2012 at 8:38 AM

:-(

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Day 2, still devastated :/

tom daschle concerned on March 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM

When Andrew Breitbart said, “Wait ‘Til They See What Happens March 1st”, he wasn’t referring to the video footage of Obama. He was referring to Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s press conference.

The only coverage of that I’ve seen on HotAir was a Green Room piece by Anita MonCrief, before the actual press conference:

Exclusive Interview: Sheriff Joe Arpaio Investigating Obama, Thinks There’s “Fire” as Well as “Smoke”

It would be nice to see Ed Morrissey or Allahpundit cover what was actually said and shown at the press conference yesterday.

I think that Andrew Breitbart would say that the mission is always more important than the man.

I appreciate what Andrew Breitbart did, and the enormous difference that he made. I am still in shock about this loss. And, at the same time, I believe that Andrew would want us to keep our focus on the mission and not on him.

The mission is the mission of truth.

What was one of Andrew Breitbart’s final interviews (if not THE final interview of his career)?

It was an interview of Sheriff Joe Arpaio on February 29th, the day before Sheriff Arpaio’s March 1st news conference with members of his “Cold Case Posse”.

Andrew Breitbart was interested in the information that sheriff Joe Arpaio shared yesterday. And I think that Andrew would want that information broadcast as far and wide as possible.

A fraudulent electronic “document” was posted on the White House web site, and claimed to be legitimate by the President of the United States.

This is bigger than Watergate.

Yet so far, Michelle Malkin, Ed Morrissey, and Allahpundit have completely ignored it.

Honestly, is that what Andrew Breitbart would have wanted?

ITguy on March 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I became a grandma this week. I now have a little “warrior princess” to help raise.

Like whiplash, the duality of joy and sorrow, of life and death is particularly poignant and a bit painful this week.

Fallon on March 2, 2012 at 8:57 AM

ITguy on March 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM

If there is smoke and even if there is fire, the media will throw a wet blanket over it. They consider the matter over and done. I understand your frustration but the media hates Sheriff Joe and will not do anything to help him. Even many on the right considers it a lost cause. They do not want to face the left’s ridicule. I’m sorry.

Fallon on March 2, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Fallon on March 2, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Congratulations!

Yes, everything will become more poignant now, especially the burning determination to make sure your grandchild does not grow up in a Barak Obama world.

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 9:04 AM

They do not want to face the left’s ridicule. I’m sorry.

I expect better from Michelle Malkin, Ed Morrissey, and Allahpundit.

And Andrew Breitbart was never afraid to face the left’s ridicule.

Breitbart: “Wait ‘Til They See What Happens March 1st”

ITguy on March 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Stoic Patriot on March 2, 2012 at 6:22 AM

GOProud =/= UAW

Good Lt on March 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Honestly, is that what Andrew Breitbart would have wanted?

ITguy on March 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I’m sure if Andrew thought it was an important story to get out his colleagues at the BIG sites will follow through with it.

Flora Duh on March 2, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Update: Ed Morrissey has weighed in… I may not agree with his perspective on this issue, but I respect him for at least acknowledging the press conference and the conclusions of Sheriff Arpaio’s Cold Case Posse:

Arpaio: Obama birth certificate is a fraud
posted at 9:15 am on March 2, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

ITguy on March 2, 2012 at 9:33 AM

“He made us all feel fearless.”

He was our best,.. and I hope, and believe what will be his best legacy, is the legions of happy warriors who will vie for the Honor of bearing his shield,

I’m thinking there will be a great many people who take his lesson to heart and carry on the fight. Hopefully with his same level of skill, but warriors we have, lots and lots of them.

I agree too, he would have delighted in the insane levels of hate his passing brought to daylight. From those little prigs at Slate to the cave dwellers at dkos, they prove his points about them, just by acting out in pleasure when good people pass on..

He didn’t exagerate about the left and they contempt for average Americans, this above all else proves that.

mark81150 on March 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM

“He made us all feel fearless.”
Even more so now, with his passing, no rest.

mark81150 on March 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Bmore on March 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM

GOProud =/= UAW

Good Lt on March 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM

True, they’re not the same. But if you’re going to let one organization that a bloc of the conservative movement steadfastly opposes speak, why not another?

Stoic Patriot on March 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM