Breaking: RIP, Andrew Breitbart; Update: Collapsed while taking a walk near home

posted at 9:16 am on March 1, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Terrible news from our friends at Big Journalism, confirmed by Ben Howe on Twitter:

Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles.

We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.

Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.

I can’t say that I knew Andrew well, but I knew him enough to know that we have lost a stalwart fighter.  Andrew and I laughed together, debated together, occasionally disagreed together, and all of this passionately and memorably.  Andrew could be many things, sometimes concurrently, but he could never be ignored.

In some ways, Andrew was our Merry Prankster.  He was willing to take risks and look foolish in order to make a point or win an argument, with more courage than most would muster.  No one who saw it will ever forget how he seized the podium at Anthony Weiner’s press conference and demanded vindication from media outlets who had been disparaging him and defending Weiner when the former Congressman got caught literally with his pants down.  Few men have had the kind of impact Andrew did in such a short time, and he leaves behind a media empire that is still gaining strength.

I’m stunned that such a relatively young man has been taken from us at what appeared to be the peak of his life.  We will miss you, Andrew.  I will miss you — your energy, your boldness, and your many unremarked kindnesses to fellow conservatives.  Godspeed.

Update: Just remembered this great interview with Andrew from a little over a year ago on the Pigford settlement story.  I took this in the hallway of a conference in San Diego, and I basically just pointed the camera at him, asked him a single question, and Andrew did the rest.

Update: When a man as young as Andrew passes, everyone wonders how it could have happened.  According to Andrew’s father-in-law Orson Bean, he collapsed while taking a stroll near his home, and couldn’t be revived:

Breitbart was walking near his home in Brentwood, Calif just after midnight Thursday when he collapsed according to his father-in-law Orson Bean. Someone saw Breitbart fall and called 911. Emergency crews tried to revive him and rushed him to the emergency room at UCLA Medical Center, Bean said.

He is survived by his wife Susannah Bean Breitbart, 41, and four children.

Terribly sad.  Again, keep Susannah and the children in your prayers today.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 9 10 11 12 13 14

I really want this to be a hoax.

29Victor on March 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Dave Rywall on March 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM

When I saw the headlines this morning I figured it would take about 10 seconds for the Anti-American/Anti-Semitic/Racist/Marxist/Traitor/Democrat/Progressive/Liberal/Left to start hating on Andrew, and expressing glee at his passing, all the while attacking the Right/Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Party as being the party of hate and intolerance!

Amazing, the complete and utter Mental Imbalance of these people; complete and utter scum!

Dale in Atlanta on March 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I’m a huge fan of him. I’m praying for his family and friends.

But still. How does a 43 year old die “Unexpectedly” from “natural causes”? He looked healthy at CPAC this year.

bigrichard.small on March 1, 2012 at 9:37 AM

For the sake of his kids, one of the things they really must check is his iron levels.

Very few have ever heard of genetic iron poisoning, also known as hereditary hemochromatosis, or the Celtic Curse, but it kills quite a few men in their 40s by gradually building up a toxic overload in the heart muscle for a period of years, until the heart basically shorts out and stops.

This is the second most common hereditary ailment in America, after Down syndrome, inherited from two carrier parents. Why have most of you never heard of it? Because they can’t sell you a drug for it. The only treatment is for one to repeatedly donate blood. This forces the body to scavenge the iron excess to build new red blood cells. And surprisingly few doctors check iron levels. Iron tests were taken out of regular screening in 1997.

The disease is most common in the Irish genetic pool – 1 in 83 Irishmen are estimated to have it – 1 in 250 white people in general. English-Scottish have the next highest incidence of genetic iron poisoning. Most of them have no clue they have the disease until they drop dead of a heart attack or go into liver failure.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Rush on Andrew…

… a great listen.

Seven Percent Solution on March 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Dale in Atlanta on March 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Remember when Tony Snow passed? And then a couple of years later, when Giffords was shot the Left still had the balls to lecture us on “tollerance.”

29Victor on March 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM

A suggestion Ed: Make a blog post with links to all of the Hot Air stories concerning Breitbart.

NotCoach on March 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM

How terribly sad. Deepest sympathies to his wife and those young children, and to all those who cared for this young man – gone too soon.

helenvt on March 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Stunned. Thoughts and prayers are with the Breitbart family.

canditaylor68 on March 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM

DAMNIT. What the hell??

Book on March 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I thought Andrew Breitbart was a one of a kind, intellectually honest, hater of hypocrisy.

I really respected him for his willingness to confront hypocrisy wherever he saw it.

I admired his courage to face the debate.

I think those who know him would say his loyalty was legendary.

I will really miss his perspective.

I can’t even comprehend the ugly comments coming from leftists about his death, but I think Andrew Breitbart would appreciate the irony of his final act on earth being to reveal their nightmarish hypocrisy and hate-mongering on the occasion of his death.

mountainaires on March 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Should have added “and civility” above.

29Victor on March 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I’m so sad for journalism & especially his family.
How incredibly sad & tragic.

Badger40 on March 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM

The Won is sighing in relief.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Rush on Andrew…

… a great listen.

Seven Percent Solution on March 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Agree. Rush and AB, two of the best. I will miss AB, going to buy his book today.

VegasRick on March 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM

We’ve lost a fighter for truth today.

R.I.P.

Yakko77 on March 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM

“I love my job,” Breitbart wrote in an update to “Righteous Indignation,” his 2011 book. “I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and–famously–I enjoy making enemies.”

If only any, any, any of the current ‘leaders’ had this much, or even less, steel, if only…

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Hey Jim, what’s up? First of the month, BIG day huh?

KeninCT on March 1, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Is it an embarrassment to be a recycled troll?

hawkdriver on March 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I have to leave in a couple of hours for an epideral, so I’ can’t stay online long to follow this.

My prayers to his wife and children.. I didn’t know he had any, he kept his personal life away from all this insanity, wisely,..

God bless you all, your husband, your father was loved, and will be missed.. so very much.

We won’t let his work die…

mark81150 on March 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Good luck! Hope all goes well.

Yes, Andrew will be missed.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I always liked the Dead Kennedys – Jello Biafra was one of a kind…

affenhauer on March 1, 2012 at 12:05 PM

LOL! Thank you. I’ve been having a very hard time laughing since the news about A.B. broke this morning. Very sad day. I’m heartbroken for his wife, daughters and the world.

totherightofthem on March 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

All you need to know about the Left are their comments relating to Andrew’s passing…

… The next time anyone suggests that we compromise to get along with these creatures, I suggest we remember Andrew and tell them to shove it up their a$$!

Seven Percent Solution on March 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

I live in LA County. I was going to chase down Breitbart and take him flying some day soon, as I’m about to get some free time. I know he would have loved it.

He’ll come back, stronger than ever, somehow.

Jimmy Doolittle on March 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

For some reason, this reminds me of the tragic shooting of Gabrielle Giffords. I wonder if Chris Matthews will chastise the left for their, violent rhetoric like he did after Giffords?

Nah!

Kingfisher on March 1, 2012 at 12:26 PM

He was here in town this past weekend and my husband told me he would take the day off so I could go meet him. I told him no, that I would get another chance. Heartbroken…

Russell28 on March 1, 2012 at 12:26 PM

This is very sad news. It’s odd that a healthy 43 year old would die unexpectedly like this – hope this doesn’t turn out to be another “Billy Mays” story.

When I go out – I’d like to go out like Breitbart – to the sound of cheering from the liberals.

It will mean that I lived a righteous life – as Breitbart did.

HondaV65 on March 1, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Davy Jones yesterday, Breitbart today, it’s turning out to be a very sad week.

Rebar on March 1, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Incredibly sad. I thought he was just getting started.

theperfecteconomist on March 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Well, I’m waiting for ‘them’ to tell us ACTUAL cause, not ‘NATURAL’ cause. Tim Russert died suddenly from a ruptured aorta…they never said “he died of natural causes”, but “the actual cause is undetermined.”

VorDaj on March 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Damn Few.

RIP

HellCat on March 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Interesting! Never heard of that.

KeninCT on March 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

29Victor on March 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I’m a bit stunned at how hard I am taking this, I can’t imagine the heartache of those who actually knew him.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I’m looking out at my honors biology class and wondering if any of them will make half the positive impact on the planet as Andrew did in a few short years. Godspeed indeed, Andrew, and much sympathy to your family who must be reeling from such awful news.

This was not good news to wake up to this morning.

Bob's Kid on March 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM

From the actress who played Deborah on “Everybody Loves Raymond”.

@PatriciaHeaton
Sobbed all the way to work this morning. My dear friend and fearless warrior @AndrewBreitbart, has passed away. Can’t stop crying.
Flora Duh on March 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM

This ^

I didn’t know him, but Andrew’s passing is like the death of a friend. I’m just devastated.

redridinghood on March 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

And they’re just getting started.

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I’ll say it again. We know where those websites are if we want to read their trash and wretch. I’d rather not read it here.

Thanks.

CycloneCDB on March 1, 2012 at 12:09 PM

As someone earlier here in the thread noted, Breitbart himself did the exact same thing. He would approve.

And as this later post confirms, not all of the folks here have the stomach to go to those sites.

Thanks Del for stomaching that DU trash….can’t do it

cmsinaz on March 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

The only way to destroy the Left is to blatantly expose them for who they really are. The reaction of many of them to this event proves in spades that they do not have much to recommend them, or their “philosophy.”

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

hawkdriver on March 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM

And to be deluded enough to think he is clever.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Is it an embarrassment to be a recycled troll?

hawkdriver on March 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM

You wound me, Jim!

KeninCT on March 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

You were a Patton in our struggle… Goodbye, Best Regards

Keith_Indy on March 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM

What a tremendous loss. My condolences go out to Breitbart’s family. I really appreciated all the work Breitbart did exposing the hypocrisy of the Liberals. He will sorely be missed.

OxyCon on March 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Just gutted. Feels like the lights of the world are turning out, one by one. Bad news, bad news. All this negative momentum building, like the earth is going to tip over and plunge us all into darkness. He is now a martyr, we have to pick up the flag and soldier on.

Codec717 on March 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

That’s the sad part, you don’t know have to go to the site to confirm you know what they are doing… They are that predictable.

Keith_Indy on March 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I can’t believe this.

A year ago my boss died suddenly of a heart attack – he was 43 with two young children. We simply couldn’t process the fact that one day he was at work and the next day he was gone.

Praying for his family, friends and colleagues.

kmid219 on March 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM

A true patriot.

Semiteconservative on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Interesting! Never heard of that.

KeninCT on March 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I am still struggling to survive hereditary hemochromatosis. It almost killed my a$$.

My heart started malfunctioning again last month and I had to go back in to get my blood filtered.

If you know a family with a history of young, unexplained deaths among the men due to heart attack, or if you yourself have odd symptoms and pitter-pattering heart – ALWAYS check the iron. Drinking beer makes it much worse because you absorb even MORE iron from your food.

There’s a chance that Breitbart had the condition and never knew it. If so, his kids are carriers. 1 in 9 white people are carriers of the iron poisoning gene. It’s critical that they take a blood sample immediately, for his kids’ sake.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

hawkdriver on March 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM

You wound me, Jim!

KeninCT on March 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I’m still betting Deb Frisch.

hawkdriver on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

jayhawkingeorgia on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Conspiracy theories in 3…2…1…

I hope the MSM doesn’t seize on this opportunity to disparage his name and the movement. Sadly, I expect otherwise. I bet the Kosholes and the couple hundred people that watch Current TV are dancing a jig right now. Despicable, but expected…

I’ve watched enough CSI to know that certain chemical agents are nearly undetectable and can mimic “natural causes”. The KGB used (still does?) certain chemical agents for taking out targets.

I’m just sayin’…

conservablogger on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

god forbid someone might call him a pile of human excrement. that’d be just mean, wouldn’t it?

sesquipedalian on March 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

The way the Kennedys treated other people, especially women, was despicable. That has nothing to do with politics.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

This is absolutely devastating. Unbelievable.

Book on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Found out about an hour ago. Became physically ill. I feel for his wife and kids. Will be turning 40 in 6 weeks so the age thing is personal for me. To spare my sanity (and the lives of leftists anywhere in my sphere of existence from an equally but less natural untimely death), I am not going near Twitter nor will I read any leftist hate site.

TheLastBrainLeft on March 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace.

katy the mean old lady on March 1, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Amen.

RIP Andrew

jayhawkingeorgia on March 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Good ol’ MSNBC.com, at the end of Andrew’s obit the site makes sure to give their readers moral justification for attacking him today, and even a little ammo to do it with:

Breitbart seldom showed restraint in his vitriol to his critics and seemed to relish in the negative attention his antics earned him.

After Sen. Edward M. Kennedy of Massachusetts died in 2009, Breitbart tweeted “Rest in Chappaquiddick” and called him “a special pile of human excrement.” When critics questioned his tone, he tweeted they “missed my best ones!”

And, of course, their readers are running with it.

29Victor on March 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

RIP Andrew, you fought the good fight and were a true patriot.

jqc1970 on March 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

It’s shocking because he’s badly needed and it was so unexpected.

the_nile on March 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

From the Huffington Post’s Melissa Lafsky, The Footnote Speaks: What Would Mary Jo Kopechne Have Thought of Ted’s Career?:

What was Lafsky thinking when she wrote this piece as if she was looking at her own reflection in a pool?

The Kennedy family was full of more criminally insane people than any political family in American history. Only a leftist would believe that Ted Kennedy’s career should be heralded when he was nothing more than an elected blowhard.

The Kennedy family has been referred to as “the royal family” of America. I find this disturbing.
What have they done that was so great to deserve this accolade? In fact, their family is so tainted that it is almost like linking Adolf Hitler as the symbol of Germany. Germany is a great place. And so is the USA. It doesn’t deserve to be slandered like this.

Here is a list of things that the Kennedy family has committed that I don’t like.

The Kennedy family fortune came from bootlegging booze during the Prohibition.
Joe Sr. Kennedy ordered that his daughter Rosemary have a lobotomy because she was retarded. He did it without telling Rose Kennedy first. Rosemary is still alive in a Wisconsin institution.( at least in Y2K she was still alive)
Joe Sr. allegedly had a affair with actress Gloria Swanson, which Rose ignored.
Joe Sr. was a Nazi sympathizer who made money doing deals with the Third Reich.
JFK’s allegedly had affairs with Marilyn Monroe and many others while he was married.
JKF had connections to crime organizations, including the Mafia.
Ted Kennedy drove a car off a bridge on Massachusetts’ Chappaquiddick Island after a party, fatally injuring aide Mary Jo Kopechne. He then left her to die after escaping.
Ted’s son Patrick, now a Congressman, sought treatment for cocaine addiction as a teenager.
Joe II Kennedy, tried to get an annulment (instead of a divorce) erasing his 12-year marriage. Supposedly Joe wanted to remain in the church, so he was willing to say that because he’d lacked “due discretion,” he had never really been married. Joe’s ex-wife published a book “Shattered Faith” that depicts him as a narcissistic bully and protests his efforts to have their 12-year marriage annulled. The annulment got overturned and his next marriage was not in the Catholic church.
Michael Kennedy drew negative publicity for an affair with his family’s underage baby sitter.
William Kennedy Smith was accused of rape at the family’s Palm Beach, Florida, estate after a party with Uncle Ted. He was acquitted.
David Kennedy overdosed in drugs and died in 1984.
Bobby Jr. was found in possession of marijuana while a juvenile.
Bobby Jr. overdosed on heroin in 1983 while aboard an airplane. He was arrested upon landing.
You see, the Kennedy family isn’t so great. JFK was elected president due to Nixon’s 5 o’clock shadow. There are several drug addicts, criminals and adulterers in the family. Are they still royalty? Do they still represent America?

The answer is a resounding NO ! When Ted was buried I had hoped that he would be buried upside down with his ass above gorund so that he could serve useful function in death that he could not in life.

As a place to park one’s bike upon visiting Arlington.

DevilsPrinciple on March 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Sounded like a stroke. What a sad, sad day. Beyond partisan ideas, Breitbart made a huge difference to the cause of simple truth. I hope, with Rush (who has been talking about him in the last half hour), that the Breitbart organization can keep his legacy going.

But Andrew Breitbart was sui generis. We shall not see his like again.

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

First Hitchens, now Breitbart. This is bullshit.

joshlbetts on March 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

My feelings and sentiment too Cindy. I had to stop reading Twitter because Jim Treacher is retweeting all of Andrew’s tweets he received from the leftist haters. Andrew used to take pleasure and a bit of pride in retweeting them, but they got too overpowering for me to handle right now.

Flora Duh on March 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Celebrities and public figures always die in threes. It started with Whitney Houston, then Davy Jones, and now Andrew Breitbart.

Mr. Breitbart obviously the biggest loss to society of the three, but my sympathies extend to all the families.

AttaBoyLuther on March 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I can’t believe this.

Praying for his family, friends and colleagues.

kmid219 on March 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Your boss’ kids need to get the DNA test for genetic iron poisoning – hereditary hemochromatosis – AKA the Celtic Curse. It costs $200. The Celtic Curse kills a LOT of men with heart attacks around age 43. Average age of diagnosis is 41. We had two generations of young, unexplained deaths in our family, and I was about to be the third, until we discovered the Celtic Curse in our blood.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Palin facebook piece:

God bless you, Andrew. Rest in peace, friend. We will continue the fight.

- Sarah Palin

Paul-Cincy on March 1, 2012 at 12:39 PM

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Doesn’t the CBC test for that?

KeninCT on March 1, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Okay – but you act as though we wouldn’t know that classless a-holes were acting like, well, classless a-holes unless you posted it here. We all know what you’ll find there…and if we want to see it, we can go find it. To post it on here is not enlightening anyone – it’s just infuriating those of us that respected the man.

CycloneCDB on March 1, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Completely stunned upon reading this this morning, and I almost immediately imagined the classlessness with which the media will handle this. So sad, May he rest in Peace

drpboston on March 1, 2012 at 12:40 PM

My deepest condolences for his family. He was far too young and is already greatly missed. Like Jim Henson (in my mind, anyway) he is someone who was teken from us far too quickly, with so much more to give. May he rest in peace, and may his family find some solice soon.

DrAllecon on March 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM

C’ mon God! Why now? We needed this fellow badly!

Sherman1864 on March 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I wish there were a way I could contact Brietbart’s family and urge them to get a DNA swab to check for genetic iron poisoning. It’s truly possible that this is what happened to him, and few doctors think to check it. We are inundated with added iron in our diets – it’s added to our cereals – flour – multivitamins – it’s in red meat and shrimp and oysters….

If he had it, his kids could have it, too.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM

VorDaj on March 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

That is an innocuous statement from Ben Howe speaking on behalf of the recently departed and his family. All it really means is that there was no indication of foul play or self inflicted harm.

NotCoach on March 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM

This really sucks. We need people who are capable of going down into the gutter and dragging out what they find. I mean that in a good way. We don’t have enough people on our side like Breitbart and in order to beat the left wing psychopaths we are going to need more.

Our side simply plays too nice and that is going to have to end. The hard left has no intentions of playing nice, or compromising, or being reasonable. Breitbart, in the short time he had on this earth, shows us that we have to be more aggressive and think outside the box if we are going to defend liberty in this country from the modern day national socialist party (aka Democrat Party).

William Eaton on March 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Hugh Hewitt interview Mr. Brietbart on his show yesterday and plan to make the broadcast available to the public later today here http://www.hughhewitt.com/blog. Might I suggest that, if you can afford a tribute, that you purchase Mr. Brietbart’ book “Righteous Indignation: Excuse Me While I Save The World”.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Thanks Cindy.

bluefox on March 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Just looked at the HP comment board. On the first three pages at least, the commenters there are keeping it respectful.

No, they are just heavily editing the comments now and going in and scrubbing others after the fact but I got these gems. A little messy in cut/past..the comments follow the time stamp.

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
den1953
Strange Days Indeed!

4606 Fans
Become a fan

12 minutes ago ( 9:52 AM)
The phony got his just rewards!
Favorite (18)
Flag as Abusive

Hufferoni

7 Fans
Become a fan

6 minutes ago ( 9:52 AM)
Perhaps God was not happy with Andrew’s work … beware followers
Favorite (5)
Flag as Abusive

Payd Troll
keep your tea

504 Fans
Become a fan

6 minutes ago ( 9:52 AM)
people pretending that he wasn’t what we all know he was.
Favorite (40)
Flag as Abusive

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
SLivermore

248 Fans
Become a fan

3 minutes ago ( 9:55 AM)
Looks like the Grim Reaper has a gotcha plan of his own!
Favorite (2)
Flag as Abusive

And, note all the favorite nods these got.

kit9 on March 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Email the editors at Big Journalism if you are that concerned.

NotCoach on March 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Wow, that’s a shocker. After the fraudulent Sherrod video I wasn’t sure how I thought of Breitbart. Hope his family is coping.

mythicknight on March 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM

From the Yahoo News story:

“I’ll remember his enormous, brawling passion and ready good cheer,” ABC News’ Terry Moran wrote on Twitter. “For better and worse, he reshaped modern journalism.”

Important to stay balanced and objective, I guess.

Owen Glendower on March 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Doesn’t the CBC test for that?

KeninCT on March 1, 2012 at 12:40 PM

NO. That’s the hardest thing abut educating people about genetic iron overload. Nothing but an iron panel checks for it. The majority of people have never had it checked ever, in their life,. And, contrary to myth, they don’t check it at the blood bank either.

I almost died of it….. My brother is a doctor and he scoffed at me until he checked and he had it, too. He assumed that somewhere along the line someone had check his iron, and was wrong.

cane_loader on March 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM

AB took great pride in the madness he invoked on the left. He wore their hatred like a badge of honor. Take comfort in that as you read the rotten comments, I think he’d be pleased to know even in death he has the ability to expose liberals for the souless cretins they are.

Buttercup on March 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM

But Andrew Breitbart was sui generis. We shall not see his like again.

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

J.E. Dyer:Amen JE,heres Rush Online Streaming!:)
=================================================

Via:
====

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM

mythicknight on March 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Nothing fraudulent with that video , it was Beck that messed that up.

the_nile on March 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM

mythicknight on March 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Nothing fraudulent about it shock trooper.

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I have not had time to go through the 10+ pages of comments, so if this is repetitious, please bear with me. I am a retired peace officer [SGT] with 28 years with my last department, and a total of 36 years wearing a badge. When you are an investigator, you look for anomalies, things that do not match.

1.) Andrew Breitbart died of what has apparently been ruled natural causes at age 43. NO autopsy has been performed, nor has there been time for any forensic examination. [We are still waiting for the formal final findings in the Whitney Houston case.]
2.) Noting for the record that the normal life span of a male of his age is over 70.
3.) Coroners/Medical Examiners by practice at least and by statute in many states are required to conduct a full post-mortem and inquest for any suspicious death or death where there is no obvious cause. In my state, unless you die in a hospital from a previously diagnosed cause, a post mortem is specfically required by statute. [recent change in our law, that is destroying the budgets of the coroners]
4.) The Los Angeles Medical Examiner’s office is notorious for issuing findings that contradict the evidence to benefit the powerful.
5.) Andrew Breitbart received scores of threats on a daily basis from the supporters of the Left, was personally responsible for the temporary defunding of the Left’s political vote fraud machine [ACORN], and specifically had announced that he was in possession of pictures and data about Obama’s hitherto secret and deliberately concealed days in college that he was going to release during the presidential campaign.
6.) This meets the definition of suspicious circumstances, and since there is not a neon light that starts flashing on your forehead saying “natural causes” when that is the cause of death; there should be a post-mortem before any ruling or announcement. Even if it was a heart attack, stroke, or aneurysm; it requires a pathological examination to determine that.
7.) So from the beginning, we have that huge anomaly. Something ain’t right.
8.) Being professionally a suspicious soul, I am reminded of the case of a Bulgarian gentleman named Georgi Ivanov Markov; not of the specific means, but the general process. YMMV.

Subotai Bahadur on March 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Gay sex tapes..?

affenhauer on March 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I’m thinking the Cooper Union speeches and the (very radical) Socialist meetings that he attended in Chicago while he was at Columbia.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM

One of my biggest political heroes…can’t believe this! Conservatism has lost a great voice. Now’s the time to encourage a new generation of patriots in his honor!

NextGenerationVoters on March 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Awful news. I just heard him on Hugh Hewitt Show yesterday. Prayers to his family and friends.

simkeith on March 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Rest in peace, sir.

alchemist19 on March 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Breitbarrrrt! Damn… Probably the best and most important libertarian/conservative journalist/media personality… dead.

I’m sure earlier pages are full with similar speculation: but you have to wonder about certain somebodies with access to certain espionage agencies that can make certain assassinations look like certain “natural complications”.

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

One doesn’t die from “natural causes” at 43. Even if, strictly speaking, they’re “organic,” they’re not “natural” in the sense of being “ordinary.”

VorDaj on March 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I really want this to be a hoax.

29Victor on March 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Please, please, please, Ashton Kutcher, come out and say we’re punk’d. I promise I’ll forgive you.

AJsDaddie on March 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

@donnabrazile
Andrew Breitbart was a conservative political combatant who was unafraid of his critics. We battled on and off air, but he was a genius.

Flora Duh on March 1, 2012 at 11:54 AM

That’s nice and somehow unexpected.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

+1 I keep trying to find the right words to say.
I just wanted to someday shake his hand.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Go with God, Andrew Breitbart. Your courage in the face of liberal hate and attempted repression is an inspiration to all of us who want big government out of our face.

hillbillyjim on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM
The Won is sighing in relief.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Cindy Munford:True that Cindy,I’m betting that Andrews “Goods”
on Hopey are in a vault,on his orders,when to drop
it!—:)

canopfor on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM

the_nile on March 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM Flora Duh on March 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM

The wind is certainly out of my sails. I can’t think of another soul capable of picking up the banner.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Subotai Bahadur on March 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Daikokuco on March 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Yup and yup.

Bruno Strozek on March 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Conspiracy theories in 3…2…1…

conservablogger on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Conspiracy theories help give meaning to something meaningless. It seems insane that this father, patriot & fighter’s death would be so pointless.

I want his death to have meaning. I want it to be heroic. I want him to have died in battle as a result of his beliefs and his undaunted courage.

Mostly, my mind rebels at the idea that someone who seemed almost superhuman died such a common, simple, senseless death.

That, and I want someone to be angry at for it.

29Victor on March 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM

+1 I keep trying to find the right words to say.
I just wanted to someday shake his hand.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM

So instead now you have to keep his spirit alive by continuing the fight. Now more than ever it’s up to you (and me and all of us).

I will always use Breitbart as an example to AJ of how conviction matters.

AJsDaddie on March 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM

affenhauer on March 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Please, that would be considered another plus.

Cindy Munford on March 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM

You have to break a few eggs or drown a few “promising, young, Progressive women” to make a Utopian omelet and Lyin of the Senate.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM