Bomb squad called to Rush Limbaugh’s house in Palm Beach

posted at 9:23 pm on March 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

It’s a false alarm, but people have been e-mailing about it and nerves are frayed today so I figured readers would appreciate an update. No worries:

A suspicious package delivered to radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh’s residence on North Ocean Drive this afternoon turned out to be nothing more than a “business opportunity” from a listener, town police said this evening.

Town police and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office bomb squad opened the unsolicited 18-by-18-inch package around 7 p.m. to discover it contained an electronic plaque commemorating the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln by John Wilkes Booth, said Fred Hess, Palm Beach police spokesman.

Hess would not reveal the name of the person who sent the package, but he said he lived in the Pittsburgh area and that town police had spoken with him. The man had sent the plaque to Limbaugh, thinking the politically conservative host would want to join him in a business venture, police said.

Because the plaque had wires attached to it, they erred on the side of caution. Rush reportedly wasn’t home at the time.

Via the Daily Rushbo, here’s his tribute to Breitbart at the top of today’s show.

Comments

Better safe than… C R E E P E R!!!!!!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on March 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I would guess that Rush has better options than to have business ventures with someone who sends him packages that are mistaken for a bomb.

WhatNot on March 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Yeah, that’s one business opportunity all shot to hell.

squint on March 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Glad it was a false alarm.

The Green Room is inaccessible. It comes up showing the statement “No entries matched your criteria,” with no posts listed.

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Sounds like a moronically-veiled death threat.

profitsbeard on March 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I know I’ve been labeled a foil hatter around here seriously folks, just think about the following for a second:

1. Breitbart alleges felony conduct by obama’s pravda MSNBC
2. Breitbart exposes Sheirff Arpaio’s evidence against the birth certificate pdf.
3. Breitbart dies for apparently no reason in public.
4. Rush has a bomb scare.

All seems bit much for 24 hours, no? Coincedence?

abobo on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

First?
heh…

(P.S. Sorry for the video game reference, I was Playing “Minecraft” today.)

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Didn’t this guy know he is only supposed to go to the Government for money?!??!?! CMON MAN!

VikingGoneWild on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

A plaque commemorating the assassination of Lincoln? Seriously? And with wires attached?

Yeah, it does sound like a death threat. What possible business venture could this have been.

JellyToast on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

You too? I thought it was my ancient and slow as molasses laptop getting quirky again.

squint on March 1, 2012 at 9:33 PM

the slave party speaks

newrouter on March 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM

1. Breitbart alleges felony conduct by obama’s pravda MSNBC
3. Breitbart dies for apparently no reason in public.
4. Rush has a bomb scare.

All seems bit much for 24 hours, no? Coincedence?

abobo on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Lets not forget the Obama college tapes he said he had.. that he was saving for the summer.

JellyToast on March 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Between the hatred for AB, Sheriff Joe, and Rush…too many crazy lefties out there.

Not. Going. To. End. Well.

GrannyDee on March 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Better safe than…

WastelandMan on March 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

That’s why Fluke should wrap it..

Oh wait….new post.

Electrongod on March 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Wait…what? Some dingbat thought Rush Limbaugh, of all people, would want to sell cheesy plaques commemorating the death of Lincoln?

Bishop on March 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM

1. Breitbart alleges felony conduct by obama’s pravda MSNBC
3. Breitbart dies for apparently no reason in public.
4. Rush has a bomb scare.

All seems bit much for 24 hours, no? Coincedence?

abobo on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Yes, a conspiracy that the LA coroner’s office and Rush himself are in on.

Did you happen to actually read any of the stories about these two incidents today or not?

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Unhinged left…

wildcat72 on March 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM

On Hanity:
Breitbart Group will release Obama / Harvard tapes in 1-2 weeks…

mjbrooks3 on March 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

J.E. Dyer on March 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Allah said that the Green Room is being migrated to new servers. Probably won’t be more than an hour or so.

MadisonConservative on March 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

…commemorating the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln…, thinking the politically conservative host would want to join him in a business venture, police said.

4realz?

Tzetzes on March 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Can’t blame folks for being concerned. The left has been violently unhinged for years – and their violence has been utterly unchecked by the media and most of law enforcement. The crazies pretty much have free rein of the country and can get away with anything. No matter what they do, no matter who they hurt, the media will cover it up. That’s what gave me pause today with the Arpaio birth certificate story. It sounds crazy, right? A conspiracy that deep? But then you remember who the conspirators would have to be — leftists — and how much the media covers for them, and it doesn’t seem so crazy after all.

Rational Thought on March 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Better safe than… C R E E P E R!!!!!!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on March 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

How’d you make the SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS crooked?

SouthernGent on March 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

JellyToast on March 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I’ll bet he made sure a few people (namely Drudge) had copies just in case. I have no doubt it will still be released according to Breitbart’s preferred timeline.

Kataklysmic on March 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

On Hanity:
Breitbart Group will release Obama / Harvard tapes in 1-2 weeks…

mjbrooks3 on March 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Good!

JellyToast on March 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

abobo on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Read. There was no bomb scare, any more than the Boston “bomb scare” a few years ago.

MadisonConservative on March 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

The left’s major actual leaders were assassinated over the course of the 60′s. Let’s hope this doesn’t flow the other direction this time around and that this really is just a really bad day.

Boomer_Sooner on March 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Yeah I did. I also remember that judge who ruled against Obama getting offed in a certain Tucson shooting that people only seem to remember for Gabby Giffords. Strange sh!t happens and taking note of it doesn’t make you strange – at least I hope not. How many more Vince Fosters or Larry Sinclairs is it going to take before we on the right who should have learned to not trust the media by now, stop trusting the media narrative? I got no hard evidence to speculate upon, but still think that all stones should be unturned, and I’m wrong – like I was about Mitt ability to win Michigan, I’ll admit it.

abobo on March 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

First Andrew, now THIS?!?

Swerve22 on March 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I know it’s even more than a long shot to think Breitbart’s passing and this bomb scare are connected, but with frazzled emotions over AB’s death, it’s still a thought…hmm.

NextGenerationVoters on March 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM

MadisonConservative on March 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I heard about the Lincoln plaque when reading it in the headlines. Still, sh!t’s been strange lately and I wouldn’t put a cover up for a dry run or some other cover story beyond the media.

abobo on March 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Haven’t read yet. What did the Bomb Squad find? Backed-up toilet?
:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Stop. With. The. Conspiracy. Theories.

For f*ck’s sake, man.

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Glad it was nothing..Rush’s eulogy on AB was great..probably the best one I have heard today..I’m still so sad about it

sadsushi on March 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM

The package was just “Two If By Tea” with an Ipad wired to it.

It’s some fan trying to convince Rush to have an Apple flavored Tea.

Electrongod on March 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Stop. With. The. Conspiracy. Theories.

For f*ck’s sake, man.

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Occams razor also comes in to play. People were saying AB needed to be careful when he talked about having the vids on Obama, now this happens only a couple weeks later?

I’ll wait to see the autopsy before I say it’s not suspicious.

Swerve22 on March 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM

So you trust the liberal media to look out for El Rushbo’s best interests when deranged folks send him packages? That’s fine, but I’m not so naive. Besides, I already said that I had no hard evidence to go on, just that I want all this sh!t INVESTIGATED TO THE FULLEST!! Is that really too much to ask? Who knows, maybe that alone is enough to get a man labeled crazy in obama’s Amerika.

abobo on March 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Yeah well this side is better armed and intent on making sure the perp has the really bad day this time….

HatfieldMcCoy on March 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I’ll wait to see the autopsy before I say it’s not suspicious.

Swerve22 on March 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Same here. It just doesn’t make sense.

NextGenerationVoters on March 1, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Glad it turned out to be a false alarm. I just don’t think my poor heart could handle the death of two shameless, self-promoting charlatans in one day.

Armin Tamzarian on March 1, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Has anyone explained what 43 year old breitbart’s death by natural causes was. Was it a heart attack etc.. Does his family have history of this. Was he taking certain medicines. What were the perscriptions. Has he recently showed symptoms of poor health. Has he recently recieved death threats, etc.

So many questions. All we got is a 43 year old guy was taking a walk at midnight, falls and dies of natural causes.

Did he take any medicine before the walk. I mean an autopcy hasn’t been done to see if anything is in his system. Incredible!

Need CSI to see if this was murder!

Danielvito on March 1, 2012 at 9:55 PM

The bomb squad found a stash of bombs Rush throws out in his show.

galtani on March 1, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Sheeple. It’s not Obama, it’s the lizard overlords. Their finally making their move against conservatives.

lester on March 1, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Danielvito on March 1, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Here’s the big secret to Andrew Breitbart’s “mysterious” death: cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Armin Tamzarian on March 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Armin Tamzarian on March 1, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Remind us. What are you doing here?

egmont on March 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM

The package was just “Two If By Tea” with an Ipad wired to it.

It’s some fan trying to convince Rush to have an Apple flavored Tea.

Electrongod on March 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I ordered that for my Father-In-Law’s birthday a few months back. He said it tastes like–wait for it!–tea.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Armin Tamzarian on March 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Has that been established or is it speculation. That’s why I find it incredible they say he died of “natural causes” without doing an autopcy. I can think of only Gov. palin that is hated by the left more than this guy.

Danielvito on March 1, 2012 at 10:01 PM

1. Breitbart alleges felony conduct by obama’s pravda MSNBC
3. Breitbart dies for apparently no reason in public.
4. Rush has a bomb scare.

All seems bit much for 24 hours, no? Coincedence?

abobo on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

#2 is wrong – Breitbart had the Obama college tapes. I don’t know what you’re talking about regarding him exposing Sheriff Joe’s “evidence”.

athenadelphi on March 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM

dft2000
Monkei
freshface

Three commenters who imho need to be shown the door. I will work on just that if I see them post. In the interest of honoring Andrew I can think of nothing better then expelling the vile leftist that infest this very site.

Bmore on March 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM

1. Breitbart alleges felony conduct by obama’s pravda MSNBC
3. Breitbart dies for apparently no reason in public.
4. Rush has a bomb scare.

All seems bit much for 24 hours, no? Coincedence?

abobo on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Ummm, what did Breitbart expose about what Sheriff Joe was working on? I haven’t seen anything with the 2 of them linked in an article.

karenhasfreedom on March 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Armin Tamzarian on March 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM

It didn’t hurt Obama.

profitsbeard on March 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM

It didn’t hurt Obama.

profitsbeard on March 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM

To be fair…
Obama never inhaled…

Oh…something wrong here….

Electrongod on March 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM

the slave party speaks

newrouter on March 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM

What are you trying to say, here? Are you talking about the GOP? You know, THE PARTY OF LINCOLN, FOUNDED BY ABOLITIONISTS? Or were you referring to the Democrats? They ARE the party of the KKK, after all, but there’s nothing in the story to indicate that the item was sent by a Democrat (though the supposed “business opportunity” seems rather ridiculous; I think we’re not getting the full story). Either way, your comment is asinine. For your sake, I hope you meant the latter because, even though your comment would be non sequitur, at least it wouldn’t necessarily be founded in utter bunk and reflect upon you as a history-revisionist hack.

CanofSand on March 1, 2012 at 10:06 PM

lester on March 1, 2012 at 9:57 PM

OMG, your syntax is worse than your logic. Tell Soros he’s getting screwed having you on the payroll.

Thomas More on March 1, 2012 at 10:08 PM

lester on March 1, 2012 at 9:57 PM

By the way, apt moniker, that.

Thomas More on March 1, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Bmore on March 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Yeah, with all the tools that have shown up on the Breitbart and Limbaugh threads today, we could open a Home Depot.

Left Coast Right Mind on March 1, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Neo-Confederate jerk.

Media – You revealed the delivery address, let’s have this guy’s return address.

VengeanceIsMine on March 1, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I had my alarm clock on at the top of the hour so it was the news that woke me and I hear Rush telling me that Andrew had died last night. I looked out the window as I lay in bed and saw the sky and could only think its the good ones that seem to go. I said goodbye to him and thanked him for helping us and I prayed for us who are left behind. I can’t think that he was “happy” about leaving his family in these times, unprotected. So we must be there in our thoughts and prayers for them to ask God’s protection for his family as they have become part of ours. Thank you Andrew. I wish there were 10,000 just like you on this planet to confront the forces we face now.

athenadelphi on March 1, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I’ll wait to see the autopsy before I say it’s not suspicious.

Swerve22 on March 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM

The LA Coroner’s office confirmed the death from natural causes to Jim Geraghty, who called them.

Sometime a coincidence is just a coincidence.

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Rush should have waited. Then if the package didn’t go off after 36 hours, he could call his doctor.
:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM

the slave party speaks

newrouter on March 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM

The Republican party was founded by Abolitionists, and Abraham Lincoln was their second Presidential candidate. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican. The KKK had an actual caucus in the Democrat party, for chrissakes!

Learn to history.

ctwelve on March 1, 2012 at 10:20 PM

JellyToast on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

That was my thought also. What kind of deranged mind thinks that is a business opportunity?

AZfederalist on March 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM

karenhasfreedom on March 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Quiet!

Dude’s connecting the dots and showing us the wheels within wheels here.

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Bishop on March 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM

But you don’t understand. The plaques were covered in a very high quality, black velvet. AND it had those poker playing dogs on the back in case you didn’t like the Lincoln scene.

TugboatPhil on March 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM

The first day in over a week where Rush didn’t spend most of his show shilling for Santorum and this happens. Coincidence? I think Rick’s got some ‘splaining to do.

jan3 on March 1, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Sometime a coincidence is just a coincidence.

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM

But what was the cause?

Swerve22 on March 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Sometime a coincidence is just a coincidence.

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM

The same office that wouldn’t hazard a guess about drugs in Whitney Houston until the tox report came back?

Now it’s no secret that I love a good conspiracy theory. So what if Breitbart had stopped by a local watering hole just before his death. I’m sure there’s nothing that could be put into a drink to induce a heart attack, or similar symptoms.

TugboatPhil on March 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

TugboatPhil on March 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I’m sure that just because you want that to be the case, it must be.

But this isn’t a spy movie.

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 10:30 PM

But what was the cause?

Swerve22 on March 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Some shadowy assassin agent of the left.

Or something.

Must be. Things don’t just happen by coincidence.

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM

sorry Allah – my post about Breibart should be in a different thread but it was Rush that woke me this morning and that’s what this thread was about. Just call me inconsolable and discombobulated.

athenadelphi on March 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Armin Tamzarian on March 1, 2012 at 9:54 PM

That’s pathetic loser for self-made, successful individuals.

jan3 on March 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Oh, my gosh, I just spent my entire dinner listening to my son go on about the new update, with the jungle and wild cats that you tame with fish, ability to enchant…I had to watch his new enchanted diamond pick ax get 3 times as many diamonds from the ore than a non enchanted one…his new enchanted diamond chest armor…it glows and creepers just bounce off! Weird game…

Back OT…I’m glad Rush is all right. It was already a sad day.

pannw on March 1, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Sometime a coincidence is just a coincidence.

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM

That “confirmation” is just the initial autopsy findings. The toxicology has to be sent out. It could take a couple weeks for that to be analyzed and reported.

jan3 on March 1, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Panetta did it.

FerdtheMoonCat on March 1, 2012 at 10:34 PM

pannw on March 1, 2012 at 10:34 PM

That was a response to

WastelandMan on March 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Watching the flaming skeletons must have fried my brain.

pannw on March 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Bomb scares?

Obama needs to apologize in order to calm things down.

malclave on March 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM

A bomb scare at Rush’s and Andrew Breitbart AND Davy Jones die a day apart. Definitely a conspiracy.

vcferlita on March 1, 2012 at 10:42 PM

TugboatPhil on March 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

So, was AB known to frequent this establishment?

Swerve22 on March 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

TugboatPhil on March 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Who is going to handle all this? Local government units? Oh, I trust that/

KOOLAID2 on March 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I Hope to hell Rush, Steve Bannon and Sarah Palin have good security in place, Ted Baxter …he don’t need no security he be the tough guy always beatin up two womens at one time!

ConcealedKerry on March 1, 2012 at 11:06 PM

ConcealedKerry on March 1, 2012 at 11:06 PM

The Left has to love Ted, it gives them someone to point to and say -’look how stupid those Republicans are!’.

slickwillie2001 on March 1, 2012 at 11:19 PM

jan3 on March 1, 2012 at 10:34 PM

And when it comes out that nothing was amiss, then what will the conspiracy theorists do?

Good Lt on March 1, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Why put his actual address there?

maynila on March 1, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Bomb scares?

Obama needs to apologize in order to calm things down.

malclave on March 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM

ROFLMAO!

ghostwriter on March 1, 2012 at 11:33 PM

ConcealedKerry on March 1, 2012 at 11:06 PM

In my recollection, the only media figure to be assassinated in this country was Alan Berg, a liberal Colorado radio host murdered by right-wing white supremacists.

So, stop wringing your hands pretending the poseurs are “courageous” somehow.

urban elitist on March 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

So, stop wringing your hands pretending the poseurs are “courageous” somehow.

urban elitist on March 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Egg-zactly. Idiots like them aren’t even worth the bullet for a permanent STFU, much less the inevitable criminal record. (and can you just imagine the circus that the jury trials would be?)

Even if you DID evade the cops, you’d become Public Enemy #1 for every drooling moron that thought whoever you killed was a paragon of conservatism. Most of whom have shotguns and/or deer rifles…and itchy trigger fingers.

Not. Worth. It. Thus, the ‘threats’ they get are from keyboard warriors and losers halfway ’round the nation.

MelonCollie on March 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM

urban elitist on March 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

You really are a piece of work. Go back to Kos where you belong

AZfederalist on March 1, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I would like to thank the leftists for once again showing up and demonstrating what low-life scum they truly are, and why they must be defeated.

Adjoran on March 2, 2012 at 12:04 AM

All seems bit much for 24 hours, no? Coincedence?

abobo

“Rule #39: There is no such thing as coincidence.” — Special Agent, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, NCIS

Typicalwhitewoman on March 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM

ummm… I wonder what the ‘bomb squad’ found? Good cover, huh?

faraway on March 2, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Like I said before, there are a lot of crazy people in this world. I would suspect the FBI should keep tabs on this individual, not that I am a fan the nanny state, but considering this is the 150 anniversary of the American Civil War the last thing any of us need is a John Wilkes Booth admirer wanting to actually become John Wilkes Booth.

William Eaton on March 2, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Whatta Yinzer.
A letter of introduction would help.

nimrod on March 2, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Armin Tamzarian on March 1, 2012 at 9:54 PM

You needn’t worry.

Barry and Slow Joe almost never fly on the same plane together.

Or Barry and Moochelle, for that matter.

VelvetElvis on March 2, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Nice radio show you got there…

Kissmygrits on March 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM

How’d you make the SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS crooked?

SouthernGent on March 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

It is just a visual trick of your eyes.

jistincase on March 2, 2012 at 10:34 AM