Video: Hey, who’s up for another “Avengers” trailer?

posted at 9:29 pm on February 29, 2012 by Allahpundit

The bad news: This is the third different “Avengers” video I’ve posted in the past four months. The good news: At the rate they’re putting these things out, we’ll be able to stitch together the entire film from YouTube clips and watch it that way before it hits theaters on May 4. The better news: This is the best trailer yet. No foolin’. The first one was “meh” but intriguing because it was our first look at the film; the second one, which ran during the Super Bowl, was really just atmospherics. This is more of a meal. I might actually dial it up on Netflix when they add it to the server circa 2015.

Exit question for “Red Eye” fans: Isn’t that TV’s Andy Levy as “Hawkeye”?

Comments

Do they fight high gas prices?

radjah shelduck on February 29, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Uh…about that…Once Film-Focused, Netflix Transitions to TV Shows

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I’m actually looking forward to this, but I’ve been a Joss Whedon fan since Firefly so I was going to check this out anyways.

NerwenAldarion on February 29, 2012 at 9:35 PM

whoa …. :)

BD57 on February 29, 2012 at 9:36 PM

A pistol? That chick’s gonna use a pistol against that mega-monster?

itsnotaboutme on February 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

These reboots are always so confusing to me. Which one is Mrs. Peel?

Chickyraptor on February 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I dig it and that is the best one yet.

ted c on February 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Meh – just more CGI, banging drums and an ominous choir from Hollywood. Pass.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Uhhh, I’d prefer them in their own movies. It loks pretty good, but the Hulk ruins it for me. Not a comic book geek, who’s the guy with the bow and arrow and what good does that do against a huge metal monster?

Tony737 on February 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM

This preview makes me feel very old. Maybe I’m wrong, but it just doesn’t seem like the kind of thing grown-ups would be interested in. Now my 12-year old son, definitely.

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Tony737 on February 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yeah, I don’t get that either. They got Iron Man, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, and then there’s a guy with a bow and arrow. I never really got that. It just seems weird.

SoulGlo on February 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM

These reboots are always so confusing to me. Which one is Mrs. Peel?

Chickyraptor on February 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Now that, I would be interested in, but HWood would undoubtedly ruin it. Some lovely person has uploaded episodes to youtube…

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM

So with that giant flying eel thingy chasing Iron Man at the end of the preview, do I presume we’re being attacked by Japan?

Weebork on February 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I don’t know. I just ain’t feeling it with these trailers. And I’m about as big a Whedon fan as you’ll find. I own every season of every TV show the dude ever did(I won’t count Roseanne which he was just a writer on). And he definitely showed he could make a solid bigscreen genre adventure(on a modest budget no less) with Serenity.

But maybe it’s the sheer number of superheroes needing to be packed into a 2-hour movie or my preference that they keep Loki in the Thor franchise or their refusal to bring back Ed Norton or the silliness of mixing Hawkeye and Black Widow who shoot arrows and bullets with Thor who’s a freaking God or it’s a combination of all of the above. But something has me concerned about this.

(BTW, I know this might be nitpicking, but why did Joss shoot this in 1.85:1 when every other Marvel flick that’s led up to The Avengers has been 2.35:1?)

Doughboy on February 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

And as far as Allah’s exit question. I may not quite remember who Hawkeye is but I didn’t recognize Andy Levy in the preview. I’ll look again to be sure.

Weebork on February 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

That’s Jeremy Renner (“The Hurt Locker”) playing Hawkeye. He was also in “Thor”.

clayj on February 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Iron Man (Tony Stark) is a billionaire industrialist who is often lambasted as a “war profiteer” in the comics. His character has always been called a fascist and capitalist vampire by others in the books. He was for the Patriot Act. His enemies are Muslim, Chinese and Russian terrorists.

People hate him and curse him and he doesn’t give a damn because he’s too busy saving them.

Yeah, Iron Man is my kind of hero. And Hollywood was surprised when the film was a breakout success… typical.

Utica681 on February 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Saw the news clip…When will they kick out the Occupiers????

Oh wait…

Electrongod on February 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Pretty much my thoughts on this type of stuff. Kids go for the BANG! BOOM! POW!! (if a person gets that allusion maybe he is old, lol)
Adults tend to look more for acting, with a good story.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM

This looks like it might be good or at least better than the new Bat Man movie. The trailer for the Bat Man movie looked boring.

TigerPaw on February 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

clayj on February 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Yep, he cameoed as Hawkeye in Thor. I wouldn’t be surprised if Joss Whedon actually shot that particular scene(he directed the post-credits sequence in Thor). Renner’s basically being shoehorned into every action franchise these days. He’s in The Avengers. He was just in Mission: Impossible IV and he’ll be taking over for Matt Damon(although as a different character) in The Bourne Legacy.

Doughboy on February 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

that’s wicked awesome

DHChron on February 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM

There must be something wrong with me.

I’m 61, watched the thing slacked-jawed and yelled out to the wife, “Look at this! We gotta see this one at the theater!”

(I’m also a level 18 Nord in Skyrim breaking the dark-elf mold by training in magic at the College of Winterhold)

I guess you’re as old as you feel.

Rod on February 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

No thanks. For what I’ve managed to force myself to watch of them, they seem to be produced with target audience retarded teenagers. Such a waste of talented actors but producing worthy films are too risky. The money from crap staring celebrities and violent computer graphics is just too easy and irresistible.

Chessplayer on February 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM

level 18 Nord! that’s wicked awesome

DHChron on February 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Hollywood already ruined it. They cast that bug-eyed waif, Uma Thurman as Emma Peel. Personally, I kept waiting for Diana Rigg to walk into the scene and kick the crap out of her.

CurtZHP on February 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM

And Hollywood was surprised when the film was a breakout success… typical.

Utica681 on February 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Yeah, they spent that $140 million just for fun. They never expected to make a dime. Typical Hollywood basher.

lester on February 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

That’s Jeremy Renner (“The Hurt Locker”) playing Hawkeye. – Clay

Who the heck is Hawkeye? An olympic archery champ? haha

Tony737 on February 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM

These reboots are always so confusing to me. Which one is Mrs. Peel?

Chickyraptor on February 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

The chick with the hammer, I think.

malclave on February 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Who voted that the eye patch guy be black?…

Gohawgs on February 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

TigerPaw on February 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Boring? The first teaser was weak, but so were the teasers for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. And while the second trailer wasn’t all that exciting, it did have some cool shots like the football field being bombed in the middle of a game. And the 6-minute IMAX prologue they showed before Mission: Impossible IV was sick. Some truly insane stunt work and cinematography in that sequence.

Doughboy on February 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM

So…that’s it? No mention of the Iowa Democratic Party trying to subvert the democratic process? Alright then, I guess it’s on to the important stuff, like superhero movies and reality shows…

Dunedainn on February 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM

My neighbor has been working on this for almost a year now and they’re still not finished. Pulling 7 day weeks for the last 3 months. I hope it’s worth it. My son will get a free T shirt so he’s all in.

LeftCoastRight on February 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Looks awsome. The Hulk still sucks though.

I really don’t get the whole fascination with CGI. It just looks like a cartoon to me.

logis on February 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Was that Fin Fang Foom at the end flying after Iron Man?

jaboba on February 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I like these fantasy pics but it’s gotten to the point where I can’t take them seriously (thus don’t enjoy them, specific titles) when actors with high profile Leftwing histories are involved — I can’t “suspend disbelief” adequately when watching them any longer such that I can enjoy the film itself.

I’ll see this once it comes around on PPV, not in any theatre. But I’ll be wondering if one of those ‘stars’ is using the n-word in it…

Lourdes on February 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Was excited for this ever since I saw the Incredible Hulk with Ed Norton, and Iron Man with Robert Downey, Jr.

Then I heard they were getting rid of Ed Norton.

Disappointing.

hatespam on February 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM

That’s Jeremy Renner (“The Hurt Locker”) playing Hawkeye. – Clay

OK, I’ll watch this (but on PPV like I already wrote).

Lourdes on February 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Munch… Munch… Munch…

(fistfull of popcorn)

Munch… Munch… Munch…

Seven Percent Solution on February 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Speaking of the actor possibly saying the ‘n-word’ –

I was in Hawaii when I first watched STAR WARS EPISODE II was first released and went to see it in a local theatre there.

When that scene with actor Samuel L. Jackson first appeared where the camera pans around the room of the Jedi Masters seated in a meeting (Yoda’s there by hologram) and then the camera shows Jackson, the entire audience in the theatre laughed aloud. Up to that point, audience was raptly silent, involved in the film, then when Jackson was shown among the Masters, everyone burst out laughing, an obvious genuine response to…uhh…preposterousness.

Then quickly returned to serious watching of the film but that moment was telling. The audience was the typical Hawaiian audience of about 40% Caucasian and the majority being Islanders of various ethnicities.

I think one can only suspend disbelief up to a point and then reality sets in.

Lourdes on February 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM

clayj on February 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

He was ALSO in THE TOWN directed and acted in by (Democrat) Ben Affleck.

Renner was great in THE TOWN, as was Affleck (and his work) but I have to force myself to cast aside their politics after these last two election cycles. THE TOWN is well worth seeing, though, despite Affleck’s DNC association.

Lourdes on February 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Adults tend to look more for acting, with a good story.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Well, I’m old enough to have caught the allusion, but also love big, loud, shiny, mind numbing movies.

I’ll be there provided Renner and/or Downey Jr don’t call me a racist.

kim roy on February 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Who voted that the eye patch guy be black?…

Gohawgs on February 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I think that was Marvel Comics, a little over a decade ago.

malclave on February 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM

CurtZHP on February 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Oh, wow. I had completely forgotten about that. When it came out I just decided to pretend that it did not exist.

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Aw, I want to see it. It’s big, fun and your basic good vs. evil.
I think everyone can appreciate some old school good guys fighting bad guys alongside some cool shiny stuff/explosions.

Adults tend to look more for acting, with a good story.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM

LOL..I read books for a good story, movies are there to provide me dumb entertainment/eye candy for when I’m tired.

BakerAllie on February 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Doughboy on February 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Yep it looked boring, and I’ve always loved the Bat Man character and Cat Woman character from the Adam West television version of Bat Man.

What I said in the thread about the Bat Man trailer when it was posted on Hot Air a couple of months ago is that the trailer made the movie looked boring, but who knows, maybe the movie itself will be okay.

TigerPaw on February 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Rod on February 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Obviously I recognize those words as being English, but when used in those combinations they have no meaning to me. Still, I feel that congratulations are in order?

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM

These reboots are always so confusing to me. Which one is Mrs. Peel?

Chickyraptor on February 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

LOL. That’s why I clicked on the trailer. I was wondering if Emma looked as good after all these years.

Vince on February 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM

BakerAllie on February 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM

In that case, I’m glad it exists! :-D

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Rod on February 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

WHAT?

Vince on February 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Butt-head sez: Avengers movie, I bow to your awesomeness.

Me sez: Must pop popcorn and watch trailer again.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 29, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Who voted that the eye patch guy be black?…

Gohawgs on February 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I think that was Marvel Comics, a little over a decade ago.

malclave on February 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Yup. When Marvel rebooted the Marvel universe in The Ultimates line, they modeled Nick Fury after Samuel L. Jackson. They even made a joke about it in one of the issues.

Queasy on February 29, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Rod on February 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

+1000

Dunedainn on February 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM

“We’re not a team, We’re a time bomb”—

We know that Progressives are LOKI.

….but we Conservatives are looking for IRON MAN!!!!

PappyD61 on February 29, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Who voted that the eye patch guy be black?…

Gohawgs on February 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I think that was Marvel Comics, a little over a decade ago.

malclave on February 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Queasy on February 29, 2012 at 10:50 PM

That was a “dig” at Sammy for saying he voted FOR the obamanation cuz the obamanation was black…

Gohawgs on February 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I’m guessing either Fing Fang Foom or the Jormagund World Monster at the end of the clip there.

I’ll probably watch it eventually when it comes out for rent, but man… Samuel L Jackson in any movie seriously hurts it. Blech.

They’re mixing old and new Avengers. It’s been years since I’ve read Avengers, but what you have in this movie is much of the staple crew.

Logus on February 29, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Exit question for “Red Eye” fans: Isn’t that TV’s Andy Levy as “Hawkeye”?

Chuckled for a solid minute. Uncanny resemblance at 1:18. Well done, Allah.

Hostile Gospel on February 29, 2012 at 11:06 PM

That’s Jeremy Renner (“The Hurt Locker”) playing Hawkeye. – Clay

Who the heck is Hawkeye? An olympic archery champ? haha

Tony737 on February 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Dude, where you’ve been? Been askin’ around for weeks at different HA threads seeing if you popped up. Glad you’re back! :D

About the Avengers, I dunno if you picked up the Entertainment Magazine. Awesome. I’ve wanted to go for years to ComicCon in SD. Check out last years’ appearance of the whole team. Everything there is just red meat for me.

I still don’t like the new Spidey; that role is a shoe-in for Topher Grace. He’s Peter Parker BAR NONE. I didn’t want Chris Evans for Cap ‘tho he does a great job (too many super heroes already check his IMDb), but Channing Tatum could’ve handled the role. Sometimes I get them mixed up. Let’s face it, better that archer than Aquaman or something like that.

Per the interview at Entertainment Mag., with so many Type-A personalities Robert Downey Jr. was gonna lead in some sort of way but he had to back down. They did add a bunch of lines to keep it fun and snarky.RDJ learned his lesson to be a team player this time, got some weight off his back and he benefitted from it.

People may disagree with his Oscar skit with Gwyneth, but they have a great chemistry and with two Iron Man movies, couldn’t be better.

ProudPalinFan on February 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM

You guys just don’t know how to have fun in the movies anymore. Either that, or comic book movies have turned into middle-aged chick flicks, because my BFF and I can’t wait for the Avengers movie.

Although I do agree with you all about Hawkeye, except, well, Jeremy Renner is my latest movie star crush, so I’m fineif he’s in every scene.

Meryl Yourish on February 29, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Can’t wait! The only bummer is Samuel Jackson, who is one of the biggest liberal jerks on the planet.

sage0925 on February 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Bring

It

!!

Tim_CA on February 29, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Maybe too much of a good thing. Gets to be noise after a while.

paul1149 on February 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM

There must be something wrong with me.

I guess you’re as old as you feel.

Rod on February 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

51 here, with a lvl 85 female Orc Resto/Enh Shaman, currently residing in Orgrimmar. Said the same thing to my husband about seeing it in the theater…lol.

sage0925 on February 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I haven’t enjoyed the Avengers Comic since I was a kid, the late 60′s editions, when Jack Kirby used to pen some, I was a huge fan then,.. Hawkeye was lame, even then,.. Cap… he was always cool.. Iron Man was rather stiff in those comics, as in,.. worried I may die any second because my heart might fail stiff… still one of the many angst ridden Marvel line up.

I stopped being a big fan about the time I enlisted in 1980,.. was hard to follow them as much. The BX wasn’t a great place to get comics.

I personally liked the Doom Patrol,..

and Challengers of the Unknown..

Superpowers were cool sure..

somehow though, you always knew even at 9, that wasn’t going to be, and when you dreamed of being a hero.. well, hardcore training would have to do,.. and guts, with brains, compensate for lack of invulnerability..

God know’s I could do with some mutant healing powers now, ..

But the Challengers always struck a nerve for me.. They weren’t just smart, they were tough, and never quit.. never.. even when Rocky was stuck duking it out with a reanimated mummy with super strength,.. he Rocky Balboa’d his butt and stayed in the fight..

not a bad lesson for the kid who grew up as Vietnam ended, just seemed the right lesson for the time, wether the authors meant to or not.

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM

They spent weeks filming here in downtown Cleveland last summer. It was a big deal when various clebs were in town to do their respective scenes. So we feel a little proud of “our” movie. Even though I probably won’t recognize E. 14th street amongst all the flying debris. Two thumbs up.

I once bumped into Robert Downey in the mid-80′s before his star had fully risen. He was with a little-known actress named Umma Thurmon and a BIG star Anthony Michael Hall. (This was in San Antonio.) Funny how things change.

Buck Turgidson on February 29, 2012 at 11:51 PM

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM

As a 68 year old… I am definitely going to see this one. Big Iron Man fan, and Captain America very good, and also liked Thor.

Dasher on February 29, 2012 at 11:54 PM

sage0925 on February 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM

You have that right.

Dasher on February 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Was that Fin Fang Foom at the end flying after Iron Man?

jaboba on February 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Well, since Loki is the bad guy, I’m thinking the Midgard Serpent, the one that Norse Mythology says Thor is supposed to wrestle to signal Ragnarok, Norse Armageddon.

Snitchmo on March 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I liked ironman 1… the rest I found to be crappy… and I have low expectations for this thing.

I don’t know… the stupid costumes are just too goofy.

The ironman thing worked better because it wasn’t a costume and he had no interest in keeping anything secret. His suit is as much a costume as your car is a costume.

But Captain america looks ridiculous on the big screen and the whole concept of Thor is problematic even within the very loose structure of a comic book movie.

I’m having huge believability issues here.

I know this isn’t the “avengers”… but… I’d stick with Ironman and the Hulk… they’re both the most believable superheroes as they draw their power from “science”… sort of… I know captain america does as well… but… come on.

I’m also over comic book movies in general. The market is just way over saturated and something that was occasional and fun has become cloying.

Karmashock on March 1, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Every negative comment makes me want to see this movie more… and what’s that you say, Levy in this movie?? Is one of the Avengers in this movie Sgt. Orville Stanley Sacker??

Salted Meats on March 1, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Must…resist…but cannot…

…must reach…IMAX theater…NOW…..

urrrgggghhhh…changing….

What are you?

…I’m FanBoy…lol

May not be as good as Dark Knight Rises…but it’ll do until then…

Now, if they *just* get that Lobo script worked out; that should bust some PC-type heads right there.

BlaxPac on March 1, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Can’t wait!

mythicknight on March 1, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Best comment on Youtube.

79 Twilight fans don’t like this trailer.

Bill C on March 1, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Looks awesome. I’m very glad Marvel decided to not have Ant man. A wife beater who can shrink to a tiny size and mental control ants while also being somewhat certifiable is not exactly a good edition to the avengers

LordDaMan on March 1, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Mythological Norse Gods Thor and Loki ruin this movie. And yeah, WTH is the black widow going to do with a .22?

Will_Hal on March 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Is it just me or after all these trailers, is it not becoming apparent that other than maybe some elements of The Hulk’s supernaturalism (rage & power) that this upcoming flick is more of a vehicle for Iron Man more than anything else?

Don’t the rest of the “Avengers” just seem like add-on’s?

Face it: Iron Man carries them all. He’s cooler, badder and just more riveting and interesting.

Opposite Day on March 1, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Utica681 on February 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Indeed! Always looked at RD Jr’s Stark as a kind of cross between Francisco Danconia and Hank Reardon, but with only 1% of the bombast and pedantry. The writers could’ve gone a lot of different ways and still made a mint. Very pleasantly surprised at the unmistakable libertarian/objectivist overtones in the screenplay.

Noocyte on March 1, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Exit question for “Red Eye” fans: Isn’t that TV’s Andy Levy as “Hawkeye”?

Between this movie, Fox’s Touch, and Red Eye, Andy will definitely be busy.

netster007x on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Opposite Day on March 1, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I think so and most likely it’s because the IM character seems much plausible than the rest.

Will_Hal on March 1, 2012 at 1:46 AM

What good is a guy with a bow and arrow? I don’t know. Ask Smaug.

Rip Ford on March 1, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Rip Ford on March 1, 2012 at 1:57 AM

HEH!!

Noocyte on March 1, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Obama hates this movie. You have a guy in a stars and stipes outfit called Capt America. You have a green guy, who is green like money he calls the incredible Koch. Iron man makes weapons that kill muslims and terrorists. And the leader who happens to be black, gets the shaft buy only getting one eye.

Look for Obama calling for a boycott of this movie because the heroes have to much power that needs to be shared with the rest.

Good trailer though. The Evil guys were the right height.

Gedge on March 1, 2012 at 4:26 AM

These reboots are always so confusing to me. Which one is Mrs. Peel?

Chickyraptor on February 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Mrs. Peel will always be the sexy lady in the tight black leather catsuit dispatching villains with a few karate chops (more sex appeal in that old clip than in a dozen modern films, and she does it in German too! LOL).

Gladtobehere on March 1, 2012 at 6:08 AM

Can’t wait to see this!

sage0925 on February 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM

We need a HA for MMOs!

85 Arc Mage AND a level 50 Jedi Master in SWTOR.

dogsoldier on March 1, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Samuel L. Jackson? Nope. I wanna see a movie where the characters all look like me, if I’m going to vote for it’s success with my theater dollars. I’m not sorry either. It’s time these Hollywood success stories understand that politics is more than skin color.

ExpressoBold on March 1, 2012 at 7:00 AM

All these comic book movies look the same. There are too many of them. Why do people keep going to see them?

Don’t like all the CGI. Makes the whole thing look dull and artificial.

bluegill on March 1, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Can’t wait to see this!

sage0925 on February 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM
We need a HA for MMOs!

85 Arc Mage AND a level 50 Jedi Master in SWTOR.

dogsoldier on March 1, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Yeah, I’m looking forward to the Avengers movie too.

37, with a level 85 BE Frost/Blood DK in Undercity.

Torch on March 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Ugh, I get ashamed of my conservative brethren who act like cavemen when it comes to movies…it makes me wonder why it gets posted on HA at all. No wonder the meme of conservatives being stodgy, old, white men keeps coming up.

Sammo21 on March 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Yeah – ok.
Make sure you see Act of Valor before you see this. You’ll thank yourself.

Free Indeed on March 1, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Speaking of the actor possibly saying the ‘n-word’ –

I think one can only suspend disbelief up to a point and then reality sets in.

Lourdes on February 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM

The only two movies as bad as or worse than SWE2 were SWE1 and SWE3.

Google ‘redlettermedia star wars’ and watch the reviews.

Those movies DESTROYED the Star Wars franchise.

fossten on March 1, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I think one can only suspend disbelief up to a point and then reality sets in.

Lourdes on February 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Funny that. I was TDY there and saw the same at the IMAX downtown one night. Regarding the “new” 3D Episode 1, the kids and I thot it sucked. Definitely will not go see any more. The 3D part was sheer hype – shoulda known better since it wasn’t filmed in 3D to begin with.

But we’re definitely down for all the upcoming comicbook action flicks, preferably IMAX 3D. About the only one I probably won’t take them to see is Prometheus, at least not until I’ve checked it out first. ;)

AH_C on March 1, 2012 at 9:18 AM

What good is a guy with a bow and arrow? I don’t know. Ask Smaug.

Rip Ford on March 1, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Seriously. It’s like people learned nothing from the Dukes of Hazzard.

TexasDan on March 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Dark Souls, people. Dark Souls.

JeremiahJohnson on March 1, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Seriously. It’s like people learned nothing from the Dukes of Hazzard.

TexasDan on March 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM

And the Dukes didn’t have Tony Stark designing warheads for their arrows.

These groups always have a mix of really powerful and, by comparison, weak characters. In the comics the original Avengers were Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Ant Man, and the Wasp. The last two being normal humans who could shrink down to insect size. (Okay, Ant Man could also control ants and Wasp could fly, when shrunk, and fire “stings.” Woo hoo.) Could be worse. The Legion of Super-Heroes had Superboy and Supergirl hanging out with such powerhouses as Bouncing Boy and Matter Eater Lad.

Rip Ford on March 1, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Samuel L in SWAT and Unbreakable, solid jobs in both. All you have to do is make a liberal act badass (SWAT) and suddenly they have a conservative mindset…we just need to get him into more violent roles…like this one!

Doughboy on February 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Very simple answer…because it was the right thing to do and Joss is Uber enough to do whatever the frak he wants…kinda like Chuck Norris…maybe they are related?

Oh, and ex-lvl 80 hunter/warr/prot. pally…gave up WoW when my first kid was born…never did get to kill the darn Litch King…Sad Panda… :P

airmonkey on March 1, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Now, if they just add Superman, who could act alone to protect the planet, without the need of the others, things would be fine.

Then, for good measure, since we are talking about fictitious characters, we might as well toss in Alec Guinesse’s Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Luke Sky Walker, Bruce Lee from Enter the Dragon, Chuck Norris, and the Star Ship Enterprise with Captain Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Zulu, Bone McCoy, Chekov, and Uhura, and the earth will be safe.

William2006 on March 2, 2012 at 12:42 AM