Quotes of the day

posted at 10:47 pm on February 29, 2012 by Allahpundit

“These results strongly suggest that Romney has successfully positioned himself almost exactly in the middle of the Republican electorate. This is far and away his greatest advantage moving forward, as it makes it very difficult for any candidate to forge a voting coalition large enough to topple Romney. Gingrich or Santorum would have to cobble together a strange bedfellows, left-right coalition of the most moderate and most conservative Republicans to defeat him. If you cannot win 50 percent of the vote outright, this is the best way to win – splinter your opposition onto two sides.

“This points to the two major points to draw from yesterday evening. First, Mitt Romney has essentially failed to win a majority, or even an overwhelming plurality of Republican voters to date. His average vote haul in the prior states was roughly in line with what we saw last night in Arizona and Michigan – carrying somewhere around 40 percent of the vote. Second, no candidate has yet found a way to topple him, because the non-Romney voters are divided on opposite sides of him. Thus, while Romney is not going to surge to the nomination as the majority choice of the party, it is very difficult to see how any of the declared candidates topples him.”

***

“Yes, his home state of Michigan was closer than Romney expected it would be a month ago (although not two weeks ago, when one poll had Rick Santorum winning there by 12 points). But the key detail in the exit polling from Michigan was this: Romney won the votes of self-described Republicans by 10 points, 47 percent to 37 percent.

“The fact that Romney didn’t win by a landslide in Michigan was apparently the result, in whole or in part, of mischievous Democratic voters trying to weaken him. Exit polls suggest that those voters added as much as 3.5 percentage points to Santorum’s total…

“Most Republican voters are out-and-out conservatives (indeed, 42 percent of all Americans describe themselves as conservative) — but they’re not necessarily tribal conservatives who are searching for someone ideologically pure to follow. Romney was more than conservative enough, it would appear, for a near-majority of Republicans in Michigan and Arizona.”

***

“Romney has shown in Michigan as elsewhere a capacity to win votes in affluent areas—which is exactly where (at least in the North) Republicans have been weak in presidential general elections over the last 20 years. Look at it this way: in 1988 George H. W. Bush carried the five-county metro Detroit area 50%-49%–a tiny margin, but one which enabled him, with a 56%-43% Outstate margin that was underwhelming in historic perspective, to carry Michigan. Similarly, the elder Bush, with big margins from affluent suburbanites, carried metro Boston, metro New York, metro Philadelphia, metro Cleveland and metro Chicago, which enabled him to win the electoral votes of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Illinois…

“Affluent suburban voters are not happy with the Obama economic polices and are facing a choice between a Democrat who wants to tax their marginal income at 44% and a Republican (whether it is Romney or Santorum) who wants to tax it at 28%. They are far less concerned than they used to be about the cultural issues which moved them to the left in the 1990s and kept them there up through and including 2008…

“Affluent suburbanites are not a target group anyone has focused on much. But there are plenty of them and they tend to be in states with lots of electoral votes currently considered unavailable to Republicans. Mitt Romney’s showing in Michigan, on top of his proven appeal to this demographic—and particularly to affluent women—suggests they could make a difference in November 2012.”

***

“Michigan was Mr. Santorum’s best shot at delivering a fatal blow to Mr. Romney. He logged as many campaign stops as Mr. Romney, and he benefited from a social-conservative majority in the western part of the state. His super PAC spent more than it had in any other contest. Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich left both states largely to him—Mr. Paul focusing on the upcoming caucus states (Washington, Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota), and Mr. Gingrich trying to stop his slide in Georgia (his home state) where polls show Mr. Santorum gaining.

“Yet Mr. Santorum couldn’t beat Mr. Romney mano-a-mano. Unforced errors played a role. Mr. Santorum’s crude dismissal of John F. Kennedy’s famous 1960 speech advocating the strict separation of church and state didn’t come across well. Nor did his suggestion that wanting everyone to attend college is snobbish. And his robocalls inviting Democrats to crash the GOP contest boomeranged…

“Mr. Santorum is focused on Ohio, Tuesday’s key battleground with 66 delegates. Mr. Romney can afford a narrow loss there as long as he wins a solid plurality of all the Super Tuesday delegates. Mr. Santorum’s candidacy will realistically be at an end if he loses the Buckeye State, though he could linger for weeks. Even a win leaves him on life support unless he can also best Mr. Romney in Tuesday’s Southern contests, coming in first or second with Mr. Romney trailing in second or third place.”

***

“‘This is like watching a Greek tragedy,’ McCain told the Herald. ‘It’s the negative campaigning and the increasingly personal attacks … it should have stopped long ago. Any utility from the debates has been exhausted, and now it’s just exchanging cheap shots and personal shots followed by super PAC attacks.’

“The Arizona Republican, who endorsed Romney earlier this year and is set to rally with him in Phoenix tonight, said he believes the former Bay State governor will get the nomination, yet he worries a long, drawn out primary campaign could leave Romney too wounded to triumph in November.

“‘I know he’s going to be the nominee but I also worry about how much damage has been done,’ McCain said. ‘I think we still can win. … Once we get this over, the more we’ll be focused on Obama’s failures.’”

***

***

“It shows the Democrats are terrified of him.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The moral of the story: never discuss politics, sex, or religion with anyone you are likely to be living or working next to for a while.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:35 AM

So true; the couple who bought the house were very nice, though. Although it was obvious that the husband was a gay Chinese national who had only married the wife for immigration reasons. She was one of the first people that I ever saw with a Hillary ’08 bumpersticker on her car. In 2004. No kidding. But I was still nice to her and DH always shovelled her walk and driveway after her husband went on his extended visit to San Francisco… Because we’re inclusive like that. :-D

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I had the opportunity to get into a mormon church or whatever they call their cult-space.

They had a room in the center of the building that had 30′ ceilings. It had a baptismal made of glass in the shape of a bowl about the size of a large Jacuzzi. It rested on the backs of three golden bulls. This is where those freaks baptise the dead, or whatever they call their freakish ceremony.

The whole place was a freakshow. Gilded in gold, white carpets, food stores for thousands of people to wait out Armageddon…

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Good Night!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Have a good day tomorrow!

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:40 AM

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Yeah he got me. I am such a rube sometimes!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:41 AM

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:40 AM

The baptismal looked a bit like this one…

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Remember when jailbreak filled an entire screen with MITT!!! You even said, jailbreak, I don’t follow what you’re saying…could your repeat that? LOL Now his comment is gone.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:39 AM

It BETTER not be gone. It took me 20 seconds to make that post. My time is valuable.

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 AM

LOL Lurk much? Anyway, no worries: the memory of it will linger on in our hearts!

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Bmore, I got one you are bound to hate :)

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Only a clueless person, like a Palin nut, would not know that you are flat out lying…an an arseclown.

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

My time is valuable.

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Yeah. You gotta waste ours with inanities.

Lanceman on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Bmore, Dire

don’t know if your around- looks like I missed the rounds.

Oh well, this ones for all the little girls of the 60′s

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:42 AM

This has been an odd thread (nothing new). Is that a practice for Mormons that die then? Their ceremony?

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:46 AM

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Lurk?

I just signed on. Going to watch the Romney BOR discussion and then go to beddy bye.

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Yeah. You gotta waste ours with inanities.

Lancewoman on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Inanities? Me? I dont think sooooooo.

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Oh, are you a Mormon?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:47 AM

My time is valuable.

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 AM

*belly laugh*

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

You can’t be the arbiter of my life’s experience. In 1998 they built a mormon temple here in stl on interstate 64. It was open to the public for two weeks to tour before being sealed forever only to be visited by mormons.

So sorry, hate filled reprobate. I was there, I wore the booties while I walked around, I saw it with my own two eyes.

Freakshow city they are.

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 AM

What do you mean it’s not without their consent? Of course it is! You can’t ask a dead person for consent about something. They are doing it deliberately so they can declare these people converts to Mormonism. They count them, not knowing if they would consent.

This.

Is.

Wrong.

They have no right to do this, and how you can see it any other way is beyond my understanding.

JannyMae on March 1, 2012 at 1:30 AM

The body is dead. The soul is alive. It’s the immortal soul that gets baptized, not the body.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 AM

The baptismal looked a bit like this one…

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I couldn’t get your link to load. Was it like the one here?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:50 AM

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Good one..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Here she is in all her glory. It was 1997, not 1998.

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Wow! The actual soul doesn’t participate spiritually in the baptism but other humans do. The soul has already left the body but the baptism helps in some way? What ever. I am realizing I will need to update my will.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I couldn’t get your link to load. Was it like the one here?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Yeah it was like that. A baptismal on the back of bulls.

You should have seen the cafeteria. They think they will wait out the tribulation in their temples so they stock food. Mormons are great friends of the preppers when it comes to canning and food storage knowledge :)

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:52 AM

My time is valuable.

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:43 AM

*belly laugh*

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:47 AM

hehe. My time is more valuabler.

Pink Floyd was on the cover of USA Today. They showed Pink holding a guitar.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2012 at 1:54 AM

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I grew up as a child watching the Monkees TV show..I have at least one of their LP’s..Hand me down from older sister..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Yeah. You gotta waste ours with inanities.

Lanceman on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I think this latest column by Coulter hits the nail exactly on the head for me as for my problem with Santorum.

He is running a presidential campaign but with positions on issues that are more appropriate for a governor than for a president.

crosspatch on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 1:54 AM

During the summer I would go swim at the neighborhood pool just about every day. Around 1 or 2 the monkee’s show would come on, two episodes back to back. That was my time to high tail it back home and get some PB&J and watch.

I would kill for a battlewagon like they had!

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Daschle Uspun!

From what I’ve read on Joseph Smith and the Mormon faith, I’d definitely say Mormonism is more occult secret society than a religion. I keep saying that for America to elect as President a practicing Mormon would be like the Israelis electing a Druze. It’s just inconceivable.

Of course I thought the same about the Marxist Crypto-Muslim, so who am I to say?

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 AM

SparkPlug on March 1, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I wasted 1.2 seconds reading it. I want it back. But I did laugh..so guess it was okay.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Knicks storm back, beat Cavs 120-103 behind bench.

Jeremy Lin does it again.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2012 at 1:59 AM

All this talk of Mormon Baptism of the Dead has me wondering about new possibilities in the realm of voter fraud.

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Pink Floyd was on the cover of USA Today. They showed Pink holding a guitar.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Right away.

“oh by the way, which ones Pink?”

Answer: Roger Waters.

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Pink Floyd was on the cover of USA Today. They showed Pink holding a guitar.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Which one’s Pink?

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 AM

There’s two episodes every Sat & Sun on ME TV. 5pm eastern. Check your listings.

Lanceman on March 1, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 1:59 AM

So, are you a Mormon?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 2:00 AM

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 1:59 AM

No prob then. Acorn and friends will be defeated and Mitt will be Prez.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Oh, are you a Mormon?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:47 AM

LOL.

I am just intelligent enough to know that Mormons dont have food storage in their temples. I live in California…my street is filled with well-to-do Mormons.

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 2:01 AM

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 AM

The Druze are a unique sect to be sure. Apparently I have cousins in their towns, as every shopkeeper called me their cousin as they shoved wares into my hands trying to sell me stuff!

They cook a mean St. Peter’s fish!

I was in Capernum, I think… on Saint Nicholas day. The parade was great!

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Happy Leap Day everyone.

In 4 years we can celebrate again. I can’t wait.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2012 at 2:02 AM

So, are you a Mormon?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 2:00 AM

If by ‘Mormon’ you mean idiot, then yes. Yes he is.

Lanceman on March 1, 2012 at 2:02 AM

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I am not a Mormon, I just try to understand it. Maybe I’m getting it wrong. Making fun of other people’s convictions is kind of masturbatory.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I live in California…my street is filled with well-to-do Mormons.

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 2:01 AM

That means your the expert. I went to high school with some who were middle class. I wouldn’t know anything about their temple or their storage idea’s.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 2:01 AM

You should enjoy the confidence and comfort of your ignorance as long as you can.

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 2:05 AM

If by ‘Mormon’ you mean idiot, then yes. Yes he is.

Lanceman on March 1, 2012 at 2:02 AM

If you were here, I would give you a cookie!

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Muffy and Bunny will take time out of their busy days of lunching and shoe shopping to ensure Mittens big victory in November I’m sure.

That’s curious wording. Who else could possibly topple him? Declared candidates are all we’re down to at this point and all of them suck equally, Romney included.

NoLeftTurn on March 1, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Hey, as long as they ain’t flyin’ planes into buildings, killing Sharon Tate or making people drink grape Fla-vor-aid with the strychnine topper, I got no prob.

Lanceman on March 1, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Trying to understand something is noble, doesn’t mean you know it. I made fun of nothing. I don’t think a sexual term was needed. Lourdes wouldn’t approve. Perhaps you should meet.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 2:07 AM

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Excellent memories..Sometimes I wish I could go back in time..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 2:07 AM

If you were here, I would give you a cookie!

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Are you my grammy?

BWAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

Abdicate!

Lanceman on March 1, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Jailbreak on March 1, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Well, I don’t think there’s anything intrinsically wrong about stockpiling food, and in any case this seems to contradict you.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 2:08 AM

The GOP will dismay you.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Mormonism is a religion. Religions are worldviews. Worldviews make truth claims. Truth claims should be tested for validity. When truth claims fail the validity test, their system is shown to be unsound. Unsound worldviews get ridiculed. This is reality.

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Pink Floyd will replay you.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

NoLeftTurn on March 1, 2012 at 2:06 AM

In other words, it’s a huge sh!t sandwich and we all gotta take a bite.

Lanceman on March 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Are you my grammy?

BWAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

Abdicate!

Lanceman on March 1, 2012 at 2:08 AM

No, but you made me laugh, so I’d like to give you a cookie!

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Excellent memories..Sometimes I wish I could go back in time..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 2:07 AM

There is some mystical synergy between residual chlorine and PB&J sammiches. You can transcend this mortal coil and its attendant limitations simply by noshing on PB&J while saturated in pool chemicals.

8D

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 2:13 AM

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Ah, I see I touched a nerve. After wallowing in snark you’re suddenly getting spinsterish.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Good night all!

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 2:17 AM

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I posted about it earlier in the thread, anyway this afternoon a few gals and I were talkin about Davy being our first crush and all, this making us feel…. well old and sad. It’s hard to explain. Loss of innocence, childhood gone buy, mortality…
mostly just sad.

My favorite – Valerie. There’s a version of Daydreamer on Youtube, that’s from very recently – At the very end Davy say’s
God Bless America! I’m not going to post it, I don’t want to be redundant, take a look for it. :)

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Daschle, I dated a Lebanese Armenian girl who said that the Druze really are as interesting as the literature about them. If you haven’t, read Gurdjieff’s “Meetings with Remarkable Men”. Fascinating reading if you’re interested in that part of the world.

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 2:17 AM

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwichs used to be a food group unto itself..:)

PS..I think now they are considered bad for you..:(

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Okay weirdo. Ohhhh spinsterish. LMAO. Big laugh-thank you.
I was being decent to you actually, you appear new. I am actually going to wallow in my bed. Need some zzzz. Work comes early.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 2:19 AM

That needs clarification. By “independent,” I mean independent of the GOP machine. And by “helping,” I mean making sure that all candidates accusations were held up to honesty scrutiny. They weren’t and still are not. Only accusations against Romney have been held up to the light.

Connie on February 29, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Yes, FoxNews has been in the tank for Romney since the word “go” and they haven’t been very subtle about it either. I find myself watching cable news less and less these days. I stick with sites like this one to get my news. HotAir is a good aggregator.

NoLeftTurn on March 1, 2012 at 2:19 AM

PS..I think now they are considered bad for you..:(

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Reduced fat PB and low sugar jam on wheat bread…whats to bitch about? ;)

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 2:20 AM

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Your belief system is sound? Based on what? Or are you under the delusion that you don’t believe in anything?

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:21 AM

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Thanks for pointing Valerie out..I saw it earlier today..:)

PS..I think we all miss our childhood innocence every now and then..It can keep you grounded..I know I miss mine on occasion..Remembering the Monkees is one those times..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Well, now, you see, you’ve hit on the operative part of the whole enterprise. That’s why it seems so harmless to me, but then again, I’m not a Jew. Most of my ancestors weren’t hounded and oppressed for many millenia.

cynccook on February 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Uh, I’m not a Jew either and I wouldn’t look kindly on being baptized after death, nor would I want any of my relatives baptized after death either. You think it’s harmless and from a spiritual standpoint, it probably is. But it’s my philosophy that no one should have anything forced upon them that they haven’t sought out themselves. Even in death. That’s what makes it offensive. It’s none of their effing business. Let them pray for his soul if they want to but that’s about as far as it ought to go.

NoLeftTurn on March 1, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Lanceman on March 1, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Exactly. People make fun of us Catholics all the time. I’m not going to mock another religion.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:25 AM

PS..I think now they are considered bad for you..:(

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I said a word not getting through the filter ;P

Get some reduced fat PB and low sugar real fruit jam on whole wheat bread. Who can complain?

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Your belief system is sound?

Based on what?

Experience, revelation and grace

Or are you under the delusion that you don’t believe in anything?

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:21 AM

nope

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM

People make fun of us Catholics all the time.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:25 AM

When I was a kid, I wanted to be catholic. But I could never vote ‘rat, so that’s a disqualifier.

Lanceman on March 1, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Good Night.

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 2:31 AM

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Seems like the First Lady wants our kids to have celery sticks and carrots..:(

PS..I like my PB & J sandwiches straight….:)

PS..Thanks for the tip..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 2:35 AM

MontanaMmmm on March 1, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Later..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Experience, revelation and grace

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM

How would you expect me to validate your experience, revelation and grace? These are totally subjective criteria.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 2:52 AM

How can we ever hope to have an honest leader, when we encourage flagrant deceit by loving,or even tolerating, a candidate who “positions himself”(i.e. tells us lies) in the direct center in order to win an election?
Are we stupid enough to believe that a candidate immoral enough to tell us lies, in order to win, won’t also do worse evil after he’s elected?
Isn’t this the man that is called a flip-flopper-a man that we really have no idea what his real beliefs or principles are-a man that created Obamacare for the faux messiah and supported abortion and now taxing the rich”1%” encouraging the every envy that is destroying the nation in no small part by the “free lunch” and “tax theft”games, that we are pleased tha he has deceive us by pretending things enough to be in the almighty center -as if being in the center of a sinking ship is what America needs?
We, the only sufficiently powerful loyal opposition to the Marxist elements in our political system,reject the “social conservative” candidates precisely because we also reject their morality.

We have become, as a nation, so morally corrupted that we hardly realize what we really are anymore. No small wonder the entire nation is falling apart and has become disfunctional. And no, all you fiscal cons, money isn’t going to save us anymore than a Band-aid can cure runaway cancer.

Our illness is our open embrace of evil (the list is too long)and then calling it a “good.”

Small wonder that “ethicists” in the UK are brazenly calling for the wanton slaughter of God’s innocent helpless babies after they’re born and few (other than God and the babies) care.

IMO, we no longer deserve the freedom so many died to protect.

Don L on March 1, 2012 at 3:11 AM

NoLeftTurn on March 1, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I think most Christians believe that in spiritual matters God has given us free will – that He wants us to come to Him, but freely. There is no place for a spiritual ritual that the person cannot consent to, and it’s not like infant baptism where the individual will later make a choice. I can see where others, non-Mormons, would take offense at the practice.

Although I have to admit I laughed when I first heard about it years ago, picturing my dead hedonist alcoholic father forcibly and helplessly made a Mormon. Serve him right, I thought. But no, I just don’t believe God works that way.

Shay on March 1, 2012 at 3:47 AM

About Mormon baptism for (not of) the dead:

This is baptism of living people, acting as proxies for those who are dead. No raiding graveyards, no creepy occult stuff. Mormons do not attempt to communicate with the dead to ask them their wishes. It differs only in a few details from ordinary baptism of the living such as pictured here.

Mormons attempt to do this on a blind, equal opportunity basis for all who have died, except with a special emphasis on their own family and ancestors. Having a baptism performed on behalf of a person does not imply that that person was, is, or ever will be a posthumous Mormon convert. It means that they have that opportunity should they ever wish to accept it. They don’t believe in forcing baptism on either the living or the dead: It is understood that is up to the person (and God) to determine whether a baptism on his/her behalf is accepted or acceptable.

It is the official policy that members obtain the permission of the closest living relative to a deceased person born within the last 95 years. They are not to submit the names of unrelated people, famous persons, or names from unapproved projects such as lists of Jewish Holocaust victims.

But, some members don’t know the policy, and some think it doesn’t apply to them. The church doesn’t attempt to police them unless there is a complaint.

Since this has nothing to do with the Presidency of the United States, Mitt Romney isn’t ever going to try to explain it to or through the press. Try Mormon.org if you must know more.

Confutus on March 1, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Confutus
Bwaaaahaaahaaa
So your saying, Mittens talks to dead people?
Thread winner!!!!!!!!!!!

angrymike on March 1, 2012 at 4:15 AM

Oh wait I’m half awake, so you say he doesn’t try to talk to dead ppl.

My bad, glad I reread things, sorry.

angrymike on March 1, 2012 at 4:19 AM

You know, I’ve never really looked at Mitt before, just always had a general sense that he had decent hair for a Pol and that’s about it. But now that I actually look at his face, in the video above, he really looks kind of weird.

Kooky, sort of. I can’t really explain it. I mean he has a well proportioned face, strong chin, bit of grey in the hair but its even on each side. I think its his eyes that are throwing me. There kind of dead inside. Like he’s looking through you at the wall behind. Creepy in a way. If this were discworld I’d say he was looking me in the ear, really hard.

Buckshot Bill on March 1, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Buckshot bill
but…but… Its his turn!

Newt/Palin 2012

angrymike on March 1, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Seems like the First Lady wants our kids to have celery sticks and carrots..:(

PS..I like my PB & J sandwiches straight….:)

PS..Thanks for the tip..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 2:35 AM

My daughter is twelve and she just learned the joy of PB & J. She would never even try it before. Her new favorite thing is Nutella, which is hazelnut butter with chocolate. I wonder what the school would think of a Nutella and marshmallow sandwich?

Night Owl on March 1, 2012 at 5:49 AM

I wonder what the school would think of a Nutella and marshmallow sandwich?

Night Owl on March 1, 2012 at 5:49 AM

that marshmallow is TOO sweet, it’s on the banned list

cmsinaz on March 1, 2012 at 6:00 AM

So I’m watching Santo on MoJo. He’s all giddy, spiking the ball and stuff.

Note to Rick: Of the 59 delegates on the table on Tue, you won 15 to 44 for Mitt. Try to save the TD dance for the day you actually, you know, win a primary.

MJBrutus on March 1, 2012 at 6:22 AM

cmsinaz on March 1, 2012 at 6:00 AM

LOL- We make smores with peanut butter instead of chocolate, and I have to send a bunch of them in her lunch because her friends mooch them! I’ll probably be arrested.

Night Owl on March 1, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Night Owl on March 1, 2012 at 6:22 AM

I’m pretty sure that PB is a veggie, according to the NIH, so you’re good :-)

MJBrutus on March 1, 2012 at 6:24 AM

“Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has won the Wyoming caucuses, CNN projects.”

Romney won his home state of WYoming!

crash72 on March 1, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Heh

Night owl :)

Save that bail money

cmsinaz on March 1, 2012 at 6:59 AM

nutella and marshmallow sounds wicked awesome

DHChron on March 1, 2012 at 7:08 AM

As a gay female, I trust the Lord-Jesus Christ. Ima thinking he wouldn’t entertain those prayers.

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Lord-Jesus ADORED gay females from what I hear.

Igor R. on February 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM

He adores everybody, from what I hear.

ddrintn on March 1, 2012 at 7:10 AM

I hear Jesus is wicked awesome

DHChron on March 1, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Don’t start bashing other religions. It’s so unnecessary.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Unless it’s Rick Santorum’s conservative Catholicism. You ‘bots opened that can of worms.

ddrintn on March 1, 2012 at 7:13 AM

There are some real tools on here when it comes to knocking Romney’s religion…what is funny is that 95% of what is brought up is false or so misconstrued that even as a member of the LDS Church I thought it was strange what you were talking about.

g2825m on March 1, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Confutus on March 1, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Riiiiiiight…and some rabid Mittfans still will mention the death of the Santorum’s baby…everything is relevant if it can hurt the chances of one of Dear Leader’s rivals.

ddrintn on March 1, 2012 at 7:18 AM

There are some real tools on here when it comes to knocking Romney’s religion…

g2825m on March 1, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Oh, quit whining. How much have we heard over the past couple of weeks about Santorum’s religion? It’s been non-stop.

ddrintn on March 1, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Sorry, but I don’t see how that puts Romney right in the middle of the GOP electorate.

ddrintn on March 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM

I haven’t noticed much mormon knocking, but maybe I don’t pay attention.

DHChron on March 1, 2012 at 7:23 AM

I was thinking the same thing dd – that whole passage was just a crock of sh!t

DHChron on March 1, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I hear Jesus is wicked awesome

DHChron on March 1, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Funny, I hear the same thing.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 7:27 AM