Quotes of the day

posted at 10:47 pm on February 29, 2012 by Allahpundit

“These results strongly suggest that Romney has successfully positioned himself almost exactly in the middle of the Republican electorate. This is far and away his greatest advantage moving forward, as it makes it very difficult for any candidate to forge a voting coalition large enough to topple Romney. Gingrich or Santorum would have to cobble together a strange bedfellows, left-right coalition of the most moderate and most conservative Republicans to defeat him. If you cannot win 50 percent of the vote outright, this is the best way to win – splinter your opposition onto two sides.

“This points to the two major points to draw from yesterday evening. First, Mitt Romney has essentially failed to win a majority, or even an overwhelming plurality of Republican voters to date. His average vote haul in the prior states was roughly in line with what we saw last night in Arizona and Michigan – carrying somewhere around 40 percent of the vote. Second, no candidate has yet found a way to topple him, because the non-Romney voters are divided on opposite sides of him. Thus, while Romney is not going to surge to the nomination as the majority choice of the party, it is very difficult to see how any of the declared candidates topples him.”

***

“Yes, his home state of Michigan was closer than Romney expected it would be a month ago (although not two weeks ago, when one poll had Rick Santorum winning there by 12 points). But the key detail in the exit polling from Michigan was this: Romney won the votes of self-described Republicans by 10 points, 47 percent to 37 percent.

“The fact that Romney didn’t win by a landslide in Michigan was apparently the result, in whole or in part, of mischievous Democratic voters trying to weaken him. Exit polls suggest that those voters added as much as 3.5 percentage points to Santorum’s total…

“Most Republican voters are out-and-out conservatives (indeed, 42 percent of all Americans describe themselves as conservative) — but they’re not necessarily tribal conservatives who are searching for someone ideologically pure to follow. Romney was more than conservative enough, it would appear, for a near-majority of Republicans in Michigan and Arizona.”

***

“Romney has shown in Michigan as elsewhere a capacity to win votes in affluent areas—which is exactly where (at least in the North) Republicans have been weak in presidential general elections over the last 20 years. Look at it this way: in 1988 George H. W. Bush carried the five-county metro Detroit area 50%-49%–a tiny margin, but one which enabled him, with a 56%-43% Outstate margin that was underwhelming in historic perspective, to carry Michigan. Similarly, the elder Bush, with big margins from affluent suburbanites, carried metro Boston, metro New York, metro Philadelphia, metro Cleveland and metro Chicago, which enabled him to win the electoral votes of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Illinois…

“Affluent suburban voters are not happy with the Obama economic polices and are facing a choice between a Democrat who wants to tax their marginal income at 44% and a Republican (whether it is Romney or Santorum) who wants to tax it at 28%. They are far less concerned than they used to be about the cultural issues which moved them to the left in the 1990s and kept them there up through and including 2008…

“Affluent suburbanites are not a target group anyone has focused on much. But there are plenty of them and they tend to be in states with lots of electoral votes currently considered unavailable to Republicans. Mitt Romney’s showing in Michigan, on top of his proven appeal to this demographic—and particularly to affluent women—suggests they could make a difference in November 2012.”

***

“Michigan was Mr. Santorum’s best shot at delivering a fatal blow to Mr. Romney. He logged as many campaign stops as Mr. Romney, and he benefited from a social-conservative majority in the western part of the state. His super PAC spent more than it had in any other contest. Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich left both states largely to him—Mr. Paul focusing on the upcoming caucus states (Washington, Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota), and Mr. Gingrich trying to stop his slide in Georgia (his home state) where polls show Mr. Santorum gaining.

“Yet Mr. Santorum couldn’t beat Mr. Romney mano-a-mano. Unforced errors played a role. Mr. Santorum’s crude dismissal of John F. Kennedy’s famous 1960 speech advocating the strict separation of church and state didn’t come across well. Nor did his suggestion that wanting everyone to attend college is snobbish. And his robocalls inviting Democrats to crash the GOP contest boomeranged…

“Mr. Santorum is focused on Ohio, Tuesday’s key battleground with 66 delegates. Mr. Romney can afford a narrow loss there as long as he wins a solid plurality of all the Super Tuesday delegates. Mr. Santorum’s candidacy will realistically be at an end if he loses the Buckeye State, though he could linger for weeks. Even a win leaves him on life support unless he can also best Mr. Romney in Tuesday’s Southern contests, coming in first or second with Mr. Romney trailing in second or third place.”

***

“‘This is like watching a Greek tragedy,’ McCain told the Herald. ‘It’s the negative campaigning and the increasingly personal attacks … it should have stopped long ago. Any utility from the debates has been exhausted, and now it’s just exchanging cheap shots and personal shots followed by super PAC attacks.’

“The Arizona Republican, who endorsed Romney earlier this year and is set to rally with him in Phoenix tonight, said he believes the former Bay State governor will get the nomination, yet he worries a long, drawn out primary campaign could leave Romney too wounded to triumph in November.

“‘I know he’s going to be the nominee but I also worry about how much damage has been done,’ McCain said. ‘I think we still can win. … Once we get this over, the more we’ll be focused on Obama’s failures.’”

***

***

“It shows the Democrats are terrified of him.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I know I’ll regret asking, but what is magic underwear and is it available in powder blue?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 AM

It’s a colloquial name for Mormon temple garments. You should google it together with “Romney” and you’ll learn a lot! Not sure about the color scheme.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Don’t know if it’s taboo like drawing pics of Mohammed or something. But here’s the goods. Like I said last night, surprisingly lightweight and comfy looking.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 12:45 AM

KickandSwimMom on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 AM

P.S. she attacks and insults people personally. Her style. Rock on Kick.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 12:42 AM

That, bazil, also sounds like hate.

Can’t you do better than that? Gossip in private or else stop gossiping. The latter is the decent thing to do.

And you’re a dirty pot calling the kettle black. Gossip is like that, as are those who gossip: they usually are simply jealous people who lust after or envy after some qualities in others and they go about trying to defame those whom they usually also don’t know but about whom they feel destructive sentiments about.

If you dislike me, fine, go away, don’t read my comments but bitchin’ and gossiping about me, particularly in public so as to expose yourself doing it, is desperately cheap.

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM

God you blather on. I am objective. My Greek family came here in 1910. The history shared with me was from that time. So you were born and raised and YOUR objective? Heh. Silly goose.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 12:45 AM

born and raised in France (I said W Europe there, and more to the N-W of Greece, guess I should have said just W, I see how it is confusing) didn’t mention the country, as it wasn’t relevant) …

jimver on March 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:38 AM

You can also google, just for kicks: Oath of Vengeance. Apparently, the LDS church put an end to this sometime in the 1980′s or ’90s, but I’m damn sure the “Oath” part of the Mormon initiation rite was still in place when Williard had his day. Wikipedia’s entry says the Oath was ended in the 1920′s, but I’ve been read accounts from ex-Mormons who stated that the Oath was still in place till the 1980′s or so.

It’ll be interesting to see this get all fleshed out. I can’t wait!

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Hmmmm….Grandpa never mentioned that one. There were others though: never try to teach a milk cow geometry; it will only make them feel bad about themselves and sour their milk. Never underestimate the spitefullness of a laying hen; it will spoil the corn. Always carry the sheep up the hill, no good can come from giving a goose the vote; etc. Now granted, he did come out with quite a few of these after he hit his head on that combine, but still, there is definitely wisdom there.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Yup, I agree. How about these: never teach Obama to tell the truth, you might not like what you hear. Never teach Hillary to wear miniskirts. And never wrestle with Nancy Pelosi: Nancy will like it, and you will get dirty.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I would like some magic underwear. Would it help when I am selling to a client?

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Don’t start bashing other religions. It’s so unnecessary.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 12:37 AM

That’s an incredibly simplistic view of people who are questioning the Mormon practice of baptizing people, INTO THEIR FAITH, posthumously, WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT. Seems like it’s Mormons, in that context, who aren’t respecting others’ religions.

I would object to them doing that to my loved one, or myself.

JannyMae on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Hmmm. I don’t know. Looks kind of binding to me.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Lord-Jesus ADORED gay females from what I hear.

Igor R. on February 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Show me in the Bible where that is so.

Christ can no more adore sin than He can despise Himself.

He loves our souls, He rejects our sins. If we don’t reject our sins, we don’t know Him.

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 12:45 AM

That man sure looks ready for polygamy!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Well, got a busy day tomorrow. Later all . . .

KickandSwimMom on March 1, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Did your дедушка pass those sayings along to you?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Well, got a busy day tomorrow. Later all . . .

KickandSwimMom on March 1, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Sweet dreams!

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I guess it all depends on how he wants to avenge it. If Muslims are at fault, I’m all for it!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Bmore on March 1, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I will rest on my earlier Monkees song as my QOTD tune..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Come on, that was a joke!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:52 AM

jimver on March 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Okay, France then. So you went to vacation tourist spots in the ME. As I go to Mexico quite often. What I see as a tourist isn’t daily life there.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Hmmm. I don’t know. Looks kind of binding to me.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Heh. I only had a couple ‘none-of-my-business’ questions about the female garment. But hey, beats having to wear a bustle & corset!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Did your дедушка pass those sayings along to you?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Yes Grandpa Nostradamus taught me all about the future American politics!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Come on, that was a joke!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Of course it was! Don’t worry Lourdes-he believes as you do.
You hetero’s lol

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Come on, that was a joke!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Well, OK, thanks for clarifying, because what you joked isn’t in the Bible, just to be clear.

Igor R. on February 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM

And it sounded so much like the usual, common stuff I read by those promoting such patooey, well, couldn’t tell it was “a joke”. Thanks again for clarifying, you’d be surprised how many people try to promote what you wrote as credible an aspect to Christianity.

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Remember when jailbreak filled an entire screen with MITT!!! You even said, jailbreak, I don’t follow what you’re saying…could your repeat that? LOL Now his comment is gone.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:39 AM

You sure I didn’t say Jailbait? Yeah I have it, but not with me, its back at the shop. Wrong thread though. Look here mid page. My comment on his comment. His was at 10:43 and it is gone. Ed has instructed me not to use my technique when hunting anymore, so I can’t cross post to you from that thread. http://hotair.com/archives/2012/02/28/open-thread-michigeddon/comment-page-13/#comments

Bmore on March 1, 2012 at 12:55 AM

That man sure looks ready for polygamy!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Oh no you di’int. HAAAhahahahaha!!!
;D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Dang. After those three clips… I’m getting brainwashed into liking Mitt.

MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Of course it was! Don’t worry Lourdes-he believes as you do.
You hetero’s lol

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM

what is it exactly that I believe?

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I will rest on my earlier Monkees song as my QOTD tune..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I can’t say that I blame you a bit. It was perfect. : )

Bmore on March 1, 2012 at 12:57 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Awesome to see you!

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Guess again:

Mitt Romney- “Islam is not an inherently violent faith.”

Mitt Romney- “‘Jihadism’ is not a part of Islam.”

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Okay, pretty sure that no Muslims were present in the mob that killed Joseph Smith, but the more I learn about Mormonism, the more awesome I think it is. I mean, magical undergarments, an Oath of Vengeance? Fantastic.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:58 AM

what you wrote as credible an aspect to Christianity.

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM

As an atheist I’m not a reliable source either way. But I know enough to claim Jesus didn’t explicitly endorse homosexuality.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Lourdes on February 29, 2012 at 11:56 PM

OK, Blockhead, for the final time: It’s a MORMON BAPTISM. INTO THE MORMON FAITH. It’s a CEREMONY. It’s not a little “gee, I think I’ll say a prayer for them.”

Marcus on February 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Gee…something’s really bothering you and it ‘s not that issue, not really.

Anyway, as it ‘s been explained here earlier, that practice involves a request.

People pray for a soul’s conversion to their faith, they ask for an agreement or a declination, the soul can respond as it wishes, according to their theology.

All you, Marcus, have to concern yourself with is saying “no” when/if when you are in the after life, you hear Mormon’s praying for your soul’s conversion. Just say no, all your fears will be avoided.

So the belief goes.

I’d say that there are far more substantial issues bugging you, however, what with your random negativity. I understand you object to that Mormon prayer for some souls, I get that, but you taking such forceful offense to it as a concept seems quite overdone. No one’s threatening you, no one’s forcing you to do anything, now or in that hypothetical future.

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Hey Cyncook, just look up some on the Druze. Once you get hip to them, you will accept no Mormon substitute.

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Oh no you di’int. HAAAhahahahaha!!!
;D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Caution: objects in the magic underwear are larger than they appear!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Bmore on March 1, 2012 at 12:55 AM

It was Jailbreak. I assumed you were calling him/her/it “Jailbait” to be disparaging. But year, it was the Michegeddon thread. The comment is gone now.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:01 AM

what you wrote as credible an aspect to Christianity.

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Yes, Igor, you’re right, Christ didn’t, God doesn’t, anywhere in the Bible, “endorse homosexuality.” The Bible in many passages refers to it as behavior that is deemed to be sin by God. And Christ explains later — many areas, many statements — that sin separates us from God.

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 1:02 AM

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Why, why is Mitt so McCain-y?

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:02 AM

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:39 AM

You do know why Jailbait wouldn’t re post right. He knew it would get him banned. Which was exactly why I was trying to get him to do it. I have had a change of heart about Jailbait because of some thing he did at my request last night. It was surprisingly decent thing for him. I have decided to leave him alone for now. I hope he will calm down one day.

Bmore on March 1, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM

LOL Well, I’ve never rocked a bustle, but DH certainly likes the other! :-D

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Bmore on March 1, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Oh Bmore, are you talking about his linking to that awful song? He’s deranged, simply deranged. I don’t see that changing any time soon.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Caution: objects in the magic underwear are larger than they appear!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Ohhh…I thought that the men were ordered to carry the Sacred Billy Club er-uh–What were we talking about?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Mitt Romney- “Islam is not an inherently violent faith.”

Mitt Romney- “‘Jihadism’ is not a part of Islam.”

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Well, Romney is wrong on both accounts.

IT COULD depend on what one views as “violence” or “inherent violence” as to Islam but from what I understand about it, it calls for certain acts be done to others for certain circumstances that are, indeed, quite violent. That’d make that violence “inherent” to Islam because it’s written into their ‘theology’ as a required response to certain things, certain people.

And “Jihadism” is a part of Islam sects, is it not? Are they not “instructed” by their religious leaders to take up a cause that includes violence against others for prescribed reasons?

I don’ t know what’s in their Kuran as to Jihad but I do know that Jihadism is an action that their religion, via religious leaders, require for certain conditions.

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 12:58 AM

It’s kinda like the Knights Templar meet Freemasons! Oodles of fun! Plus “The Pearl of the Great Price” and extraterrestrials!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Awesome to see you!
bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Good to see you, too. Our boy is growing up. He’s graduated to “healthy weight” nutro. :)

MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 1:08 AM

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Hmmmm….what’s so striking about them to you?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:09 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Very good to hear! Say hi to your girl. Hope all of your are well.
*wedding bells* yet?

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:09 AM

KickandSwimMom on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 AM

P.S. she attacks and insults people personally. Her style. Rock on Kick.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 12:42 AM

That, bazil, also sounds like hate.

Gossiping about me, particularly in public so as to expose yourself doing it, is desperately cheap.

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I don’t know but obviously any religion whose last prophet was named “Moroni” with the obvious way to call his teachings is WAAAY cool!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Have you ever really taken the time to sit down and read about Scientology? It’s mind-blowing. Some similarities here, I think. Hubbard was a derivative drunk, I think.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:11 AM

LOL Well, I’ve never rocked a bustle, but DH certainly likes the other! :-D

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:03

Ha! That’s why I don’t ask. All he’d have to say is something like “See, I’ll dress up like Little Boy Blue, and you put on this lamb costume…” and ‘POOF!’ Thirty-odd years of marriage goes up in smoke!
;D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I’m Catholic and want to stay that way is all. I don’t want any kind of conversion after my death, thanks.

KickandSwimMom on March 1, 2012 at 12:45 AM

As I said before, the dead don’t have to accept the baptism. It wouldn’t force your soul into conversion.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Romney’s no superstar, but he’s the best out of the lot remaining. Gingrich is the most consistently despised political figure in America for the last 16 years, and Santorum goes out of his way to put his foot in his mouth.

The other governors and executives fell out earlier. The US government is the world’s largest operation with an annual budget larger than the entire economies of every other country in the world except Japan and China. It takes some management experience to run it effectively – serious experience, not being an incompetent Speaker thrown out by his own Party or the #3 guy in the Senate leadership.

Adjoran on March 1, 2012 at 1:13 AM

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I know enough to say it’s complete nonsense because years ago some neighbors tried to secretly convert me, but will not read this crap. Of course to me all religions are really crap, although certainly some of their non-religious aspects are better than others.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Have you noticed an ad on the sidebar for a new book by Peter Kiernan???

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 1:10 AM

You are so weird you amuse me. Yes, I am soooo hateful and sinful. As you said, why expect less? Grrrrrrah. ;)

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:15 AM

;D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:12 AM

LOL Well, as long as you get to be the girl, I don’t see the problem!

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:15 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Very good to hear! Say hi to your girl. Hope all of your are well.
*wedding bells* yet?
bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Boy you have missed a lot. !!! Everything has quickly progressed. :D

MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Homosexuality is a sin. I hope you pray for forgiveness and change.

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Good god, I despise self-purported Christians like you.

Paul said it doesn’t matter if you are Jewish or Greek, free or slave, man or woman. Paul himself admitted that God would prefer you not to be a fornicator or even married, but you have twisted this in knots to be self-righteous over others.

Learn some humility.

John the Libertarian on March 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Have you noticed an ad on the sidebar for a new book by Peter Kiernan???

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:14 AM

The ads are personalized, but who is he?

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Btw..I love you my Christian sister.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:14 AM

You absolutely crack me up. How did they go about this covert soul-snatching op, anyway? What on earth did you say when you figured out what was going on? Didn’t you tell me that when you were still in high school your friends kept inviting you to retreats in an effort to convert you, too?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Boy you have missed a lot. !!! Everything has quickly progressed. :D

MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I know..I miss you. The girls have my email. Drop me a line sometime.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I’ve actually been to Lourdes! VERY pious place, nothing but candles at night.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:18 AM

The ads are personalized, but who is he?

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I certainly hope it’s not personalized for me. I usually get the zulily (little girl’s clothes) and the Pottery Barn. This is for a book…here it is. Awesome title. Regardless of the merits of the book, it just amazes me at how coarse this society has become.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM

John the Libertarian on March 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Thank you John.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Really? I thought Moroni was that Italian guy I once dated with the penthouse and yacht and buncha guns…Yeah. Prophet or no, Moroni (or Maroni), if not worshiped, is to be feared.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:18 AM

The retreats were in college. The neighbors were later, they invited me for a little party, but soon I noticed that all the guests wanted to talk about Scientology, so I excused myself and left.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Boy you have missed a lot. !!! Everything has quickly progressed. :D
MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM
I know..I miss you. The girls have my email. Drop me a line sometime.
bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Ok, will do! Now it’s time to get ready for bed. Nighty night all

MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 1:12 AM

So, that makes it appropriate for Mormons to take it upon themselves to do it without the consent of the deceased? That is why they are doing it, isnt it? So they can claim “converts?” You can’t see why people have a problem with this practice?

JannyMae on March 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Mitt won the Wyoming Caucuses…Cowboy up

Gohawgs on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I would object to them doing that to my loved one, or myself.

JannyMae on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Not without their consent. Why didn’t you read the article before you got yourself upset?

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM

The full name was Alberto Macaroni, but in a totally moronic way they abbreviated it.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Yes Grandpa Nostradamus taught me all about the future American politics!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Ooooh. That gave me gooseflesh! Heh. That’s why my comment was so hilarious, silly. But was that the right word for Grandfather?

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Good night, all!

JannyMae on March 1, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Well, Romney is wrong on both accounts.

Lourdes on March 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Do you think Christianity is inherently violent? What does “written in their theology” exactly mean? That some passages and images in the Quran can be interpreted as a call to arms? A bit like Matthew 10:34 is sometimes interpreted as an advocacy of physical violence and not as a metaphor for the fact that conflict will necessarily arise as some take up the cross and follow Him?

joana on March 1, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Were you offended or flattered that they wanted you on their ‘team.’ O/T Gee, I really love Weezer.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:25 AM

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Yes, it was exactly right. There are of course several variations but that’s what someone would normally call their own as in “Grandpa” vs say “Grandfather” or “Granddad”.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM

JannyMae on March 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM

You can’t object to or discuss anything. Your a racist or bigot either way. R’s here have taken the lib playbook. Fun and stuff.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:04 AM

You may be right. Somethings never change. I know and understand why he linked that song. He knows I know. I’m gonna cut him some slack. He is what he is. Well big day early and I am all worn out. Lexington won’t wait. Nice town. So far.

Good night all.

Bmore on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Good night all.

Bmore on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Sweet dreams, sleep well!

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM

LOL Well, as long as you get to be the girl, I don’t see the problem!

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:15 AM

You, cookin’ woman, are a scandal (and I’m sure your DH loves it)!
;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:25 AM

It just felt a little weird. They had always been friendly, but it was never the same afterwords. I looked at the in a different light.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I know your gone-but GN.

bazil9 on March 1, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 1:12 AM

JannyMae on March 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM

She just explained to you that the deceased must consent. Why do you insist that it is done without their consent? You know you’re a bit of a control freak when you want to command and direct even dead people’s decisions.

joana on March 1, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Boy you have missed a lot. !!! Everything has quickly progressed. :D

MeatHeadinCA on March 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM

You take the vows??!!??..Sweet!!..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 1:30 AM

You, cookin’ woman, are a scandal (and I’m sure your DH loves it)!
;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Sooner or later the wolf gets into the sheep’s clothing.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM

What do you mean it’s not without their consent? Of course it is! You can’t ask a dead person for consent about something. They are doing it deliberately so they can declare these people converts to Mormonism. They count them, not knowing if they would consent.

This.

Is.

Wrong.

They have no right to do this, and how you can see it any other way is beyond my understanding.

JannyMae on March 1, 2012 at 1:30 AM

joana on March 1, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I’ve always respected the Grateful Dead.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM

No kidding? How the blazes do you know this arcane stuff?!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Bmore on March 1, 2012 at 1:27 AM

BTO..Cool..Great tune..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 AM

JannyMae on March 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM

If you believe in the afterlife, then you know that the deceased can consent.

Gelsomina on March 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM

No kidding? How the blazes do you know this arcane stuff?!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I’m well versed in Macaroni and Cheese!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I know what you mean. When my husband and I bought our first house, we really hit it off with the other young couple next door — in fact, she had been my French teacher when I was an undergrad. She was in law school and I was just starting at the same law school. Even our little dogs loved to play together. It was awesome until the night we were playing euchre or something and the subject turned to politics… We soon realized that while my husband and I were super right wing, this other couple were super left. We didn’t hold it against them, but they were never really very friendly after that. In fact they soon sold their house and moved away! So I guess in my story, our neighbors are you and my husband and I are the Scientologists. LOL I should go to bed!

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:33 AM

No kidding? How the blazes do you know this arcane stuff?!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I don’t think that Moroni was ever really called Macaroni. Igor is a naughty scamp, you know.

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:35 AM

cynccook on March 1, 2012 at 1:33 AM

The moral of the story: never discuss politics, sex, or religion with anyone you are likely to be living or working next to for a while.

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Cyncook, you haven’t heard about the Sacred Peacock? Read G.I. Gurdjieff’s “Meetings with Remarkable Men”.

Both Mormonism and Scientology are offshoots of Freemasonry and other secret societies. From what I’ve read on the Mormon rituals, the similarity to the Masonic Rites is undeniable. The Druze have occult beliefs and rites that have many occult researches seeing the Druze as a link between the ancient mystery religions and more modern occult secret societies such as the Masons and Rosicrucians and the like.

sartana on March 1, 2012 at 1:36 AM

posthumously, WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT.

JannyMae on March 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM

They tried doing it posthumously with their consent, but they didn’t get a very good response rate.

notropis on March 1, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Good Night!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I’m well versed in Macaroni and Cheese!

Igor R. on March 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Yeah, heavy on the Cheese har-har. And as for your “wolf…sheep’s clothing” retort, le gasp! (and giggle)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 1, 2012 at 1:37 AM

You know you’re a bit of a control freak.

joana on March 1, 2012 at 1:29 AM