Video: The 1% tip hoax

posted at 9:50 am on February 28, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

The story was too good to be true.  A wealthy banker runs up a three-figure bill, only tips 1% (!), and writes a note to the server to “get a real job” as a parting insult.  CNN, Huffington Post, and other media outlets ran with the story of the arrogant banker and his miserly recompense to the help.  There was only one thing wrong — it really was too good to be true:

According to Huffington Post, CNN and several other news sites, a person claiming to be an employee of the “wealthy” banker took a photo of the receipt and posted it on a blog, “Future Ex-Banker”. The blogger paired the photo with their own caption:

“Mention the ’99 percent’ in my boss’ presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1 percent badge of honor that he tips exactly 1 percent every time he feels the server doesn’t sufficiently bow down to his Holiness. Oh, and he always makes sure to include a ‘tip’ of his own.” …

The post set off a hailstorm of online comments that touched on the 1% vs. 99% class warfare embodied by the Occupy movement.

HuffPo later posted a statement from the restaurant that said that the photo had been “altered and exaggerated.”  How exaggerated?  Well, according to the local CBS affiliate — who actually asked the restaurant about the bill — the meal was just over $30 instead of $133, the tip was 20% and not 1%, and the customer didn’t write any note to the server on the bill.  “Exaggerated” in this case serves as a synonym for “flat-out lie.”

Then again, without a lot of flat-out lies, where would the Occupy movement be?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

How about you tell us exactly what’s written on your degree.

blink on February 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I will not be telling you where I went to college/what is on my degree…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

blink on February 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Yeah, I wasn’t arguing with you. I was emphasizing that companies routinely give one or two week courses on that certification.

And that you want to pass the exam the first time to avoid shelling out more money.

It is entirely possible for someone with very average intelligence to pass the test.

I read the official Cisco guide for that cert. It wasn’t all that difficult, just a lot of info to memorize for the exam.

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Do you know how hard is it to get these certs?

Somwhat…3-4 one week courses, 3-4 tests. Our company has a number of them filling positions for the Guvment.

How long for a true engineering degree? 40 or so courses, 3-5 years.

Larr on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Oh, but the truthiness is off the charts.

John the Libertarian on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Yes, we all know you put your life on the line every day for your country.

Some might call you a national hero.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM

LOL..didn’t you see idiot4life in the movie Acts of Valor. She was in the background plugging in a router in the mission control room in scene 14. I think she got a bronze star for that.

HumpBot Salvation on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM

ITguy…

Whats so funny?

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Spaceballs now! This is like my favorite thread ever!

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

You ever watch a cat playing with a mouse?

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Hee. But a mouse is tangible. I was thinking more like watching it chase a laser light, a mere illusion of substance.

CCNP might get you Subject Matter Expert, but it won’t get you classfied as an Engineer.

Larr

Larr on February 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Yeah, we got a bunch of those working in the basement of Command HQ. They make a little more than the equivalent on the street. But then again, contractors prefer to place their best workers at the flagpoles and send the lessers to remote/out of sight sites.

AH_C on February 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM

i was just reading the comments at HuffPo, and the wingnuts are now blaming the restaurant…

sarainitaly on February 28, 2012 at 11:11 AM

They’re guilty until proven innocent.

The evidence is fabricated, but accurate.

Penalty for imaginary and fabricated crimes against the 99%: Destruction.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Do you know how hard is it to get these certs?

How long for a true engineering degree? 40 or so courses, 3-5 years.

Larr on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Well I have both…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

See the problem is…

Router,switches,Firewalls and VOIP devices don’t configure themselves…

If in order for all these pieces to be put together you have to pay someone like me to make it all work…

Network Engineering is not a “soft” skill. If that were the case they would be recession in my field. We have so many jobs in my company available. Not enough technically gifted people around to fill them. These are jobs with a base salary of 75K

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Yes but engineers, real engineers, you know, those guys that can get a P.E. actually design the hardware that you are connecting.

You are to a real computer engineer as a carpenter is to an architect.

SPCOlympics on February 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

The neat penmanship was the giveaway for me. Nobody sitting in a restaurant writes that neatly. Also, the overall cleverness of the 1% bit was a red flag.

This was a hoax, not an urban legend, but it carries most of the traits which make urban legends go viral, as they say. To wit: tidy plot, commonplace setting, clever, almost punchline-like test at end, featuring current issue or fear, and highly moralistic.

One interesting thing about urban legends and hoaxes is they present a deeper truth than the superficial one. In this cace the superficial truth is that bankers are greedy, 1 per centers. The real truth though is different. It’s that the Left will lie to win public support. The recent Fakegate scam in the global warming community is just another example.

MaxMBJ on February 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

There are “so many jobs in your company available” and “not enough…people around to fill them”, and yet you have time to come on a site like this and argue with people?

And with a base salary of 75K, that puts someone in your profession pretty comfortably in the top percentage of wage earners/taxpayers.

How long have you had this job, and what is your current salary range? Are you paying your “fair share”?

TeresainFortWorth on February 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM

If it is that easy how come the base salary for network engineering jobs are so high? Why aren’t more American kids going into Network Engineering? When I was in college my class was about 70% Asian 20% white and 10% black/any another race….

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM

So your Asian/white/black/mix class is now more likely to lie and cheat than people who don’t work those jobs.

How do you know those people weren’t Americans too?

You racist nitwit.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Those in the occupy movement who consider themselves the 99% (more likely they’re just another 1% group) probably would have skipped out on the bill leaving the server and the restaurant with nothing.

iamsaved on February 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Talk about those in the occupy movement leaving someone with nothing… they even took the kitchen sink!

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 11:17 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Proud “graduate” os mycomputercareer.com

PJ Emeritus on February 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

How long for a true engineering degree? 40 or so courses, 3-5 years.

Larr on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

My first degree was in electrical engineering.

I struggled with some of the math and, yeah, it took me five years. (Though, I paid my way without student loans. The jobs I worked for the first two to three years were what was really rough.)

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I probably make more money than you…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Cool, a mind reader too!

JusDreamin on February 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Well I have both…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I’m recommending you for the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

(wipes away tear) So inspired.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

“YOU WANT ME ON THAT FIREWALL ! YOU NEED ME ON THAT FIREWALL !

M240H on February 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Of – fingers refuse to work today

PJ Emeritus on February 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Well I have both…

Cool…but to leave the engineering field to become a network admin?That’s a demotion in our company.

Larr on February 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

That’s what it’s evolved to. Used to be you got a tip if you gave good service, period. Now a tip is expected even for lousy service.

slickwillie2001 on February 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

True, but it’s become expected because along with it the businesses decreased the base pay.

Many waiters still do quite well for themselves – otherwise they wouldn’t be doing it.

But, many businesses are taking advantage of the situation too on their budgets.

Only, the waiter’s income is determined more by the customer than by the business.

Remove the expectation of tips and the businesses will have to raise the base pay because otherwise they’d not have enough people wanting to do the job.

Two-way street.

Logus on February 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

TeresainFortWorth on February 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I will not be discussing my salary. It is irrelevant

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Well I have both…
liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Well, to paraphrase what you yourself said earlier, PROVE IT.

Show us the “originals” so that we can ascertain for ourselves that you aren’t lying to us.

That’s the burden of proof that you are demanding from this restaurant owner, so live up to your own standards.

See how it works?

TeresainFortWorth on February 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I will not be discussing my salary. It is irrelevant

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

you know what I’m gonna say people

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Trolls csn’t live without being fed.

Don’t feed the Trolls.

TimBuk3 on February 28, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I will not be discussing my salary. It is irrelevant
liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

No – you said yourself that you “probably make more than most of you”, so you yourself made your salary a “relevant” issue.

If you want us to believe you, then you – like this restaurant owner – are going to have to PROVE to us that you are who you say you are.

That is what you are demanding from this restaurant owner, and we are going to hold you to the same standard.

So, either tell us how much you make, or we are all going to assume that you are lying.

TeresainFortWorth on February 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I will not be discussing my salary. It is irrelevant

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

O RLY

I have a college degree in computer engineering. I probably make more money than you…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Why did you even bring it up, then?

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I have a CCNP. Yes I’m that smart thats why I’m a liberal

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM

ITguy…

Whats so funny?

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

It’s even funnier that you don’t have a clue why others would find that amusing!

If you’re so freakin’ smart, give me your best guess as to why I found your comment funny.

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

blink on February 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Oh. Sorry ’bout that.
Some advice: You should stop arguing with “lib”.
It’s obviously smarter than all of us, makes more money, and poops rainbows.
On a serious note: It’s just here to try to make waves on every thread. It would readily go away if it were ignored.

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Come on, talk nerdy to me: What’s the Big O notation for a HashMap insertion, lookup, and deletion?

Ditto for a Binary Search Tree.

strictnein on February 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

This indeed has become quite a funny thread to read and take part in.

l4l has unwittingly commandeered the entire thread and we like hounds are on to the singular fox.

A fun rabbit trail indeed.

l4l, you are like a fish in a barrel, only you put yourself in the brine of your own accord.

Logus on February 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

See the problem is…

Router,switches,Firewalls and VOIP devices don’t configure themselves…

[liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM]

No they don’t. You need an instructions manual, or several, to do it. They’re prepared by the engineers who develop the equipment and programs. It’s what you learned how to do and you may be very accomplished at it, but it’s still a technical, and not an engineering, job. It’s no different than the becoming a stationary engineer, another fine profession.

If you do keep at it and be inquisitive not just about how to make things work but how they work, you’ll be on the road to becoming an engineer. But go after the degree in engineering, since the way the system we are stuck in works, you need a degree to be more than a technician, regardless of what your job description is.

Dusty on February 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Well I have both…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Then why did you downgrade yourself to stressing the CCNP?

Kinda like a “lawyer” talking about how good the work/pay is for a paralegal.

AH_C on February 28, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Ditto for a Binary Search Tree.

strictnein on February 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

shut up Real American!

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 11:24 AM

CNN and/or Huff Post need to give us names so we can all Occupy Restaurant in protest (getting close to lunch time EST!)

HoosierStateofMind on February 28, 2012 at 11:24 AM

“YOU WANT ME ON THAT FIREWALL ! YOU NEED ME ON THAT FIREWALL !
M240H on February 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

You, sir, owe me a new keyboard….

TeresainFortWorth on February 28, 2012 at 11:25 AM

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

One would think that, but after spending 13 years online in various message boards and formats, I’ve seen plenty of people of various stripes.

You can ignore certain individuals. They won’t always go away nor care if they’re ignored or not.

This applies to people of every stripe, ideology, demeanor, etc. But the libs and the nutters tend to be the worst.

Logus on February 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM

The only reasons I care about liberal4life’s salary are that A) she’s the one who brought it up in a failed attempt to condescend to another commenter, and B) I want to find out just how much of a liar and cheater she is based on that new research.

Oh, and I want to put her name in for the Nobel Prize for all of her great and selfless service to humanity.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM

“YOU WANT ME ON THAT FIREWALL ! YOU NEED ME ON THAT FIREWALL !
M240H on February 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

You, sir, owe me a new keyboard….

TeresainFortWorth on February 28, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I missed that. Lol.
(BTW, Theresa, you need to alternate: drink coffee, read comment, etc.)

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I think we have far better material in which to deconstruct retard4life over then his career choice. If he is an IT guy he is a productive member of society and we should not be trying to tear him down over it, his silly chest thumping notwithstanding. Instead, let’s ask retard4life how he would feel about his employer no longer offering HC insurance because it is cheaper to pay the fine. Or how he would feel about his employer being taxed and regulated out of business.

NotCoach on February 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Well I have both…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Aren’t you special?

I’ve got $5……come by with your “can of air” and clean my keyboard.

Tim_CA on February 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM

yeah, what was it? Charity work in inner cities or something? Reading books to kids? This woman is essential to society

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I will not be telling you where I went to college/what is on my degree…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Well, who didn’t know that? I’d be embarrassed to admit my inadequacies if I were you, too.

Personally, I wonder why you show up here every day to prove how completely ignorant and gullible you are. We aren’t stupid. We figured it out the first day.

Resist We Much on February 28, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Logus on February 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Yeah, you’re probably right.

But I have seen it work. (And, it’s too funny.)

I’d swear I think some of them become convinced that there’s something wrong with their computer. (Though not anyone with a CCNP, of course. LOL.)

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Janitors are engineers too. They call themselves Custodial Engineers.

I guess they got a four year degree for that.

You can call yourself anything you want. Doesn’t mean that’s what you really are or what you really do.

Liberals have come to like changing the definitions of words to suit themselves, make themselves and others feel better about their jobs.

Nothing wrong with being a janitor. Nothing wrong with being called a janitor.

l4l, you only continue to devalue and degrade yourself in the view and opinion of others here, but feel free to continue posting and opining. You bring levity, so that’s something.

Logus on February 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Why did you even bring it up, then?

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

*** SNICKER ***

ExpressoBold on February 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I will not be discussing my salary. It is irrelevant

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

O RLY

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Why did you even bring it up, then?

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM

THIS.

But he’s “that smart,” didn’t he tell you?

fossten on February 28, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Well I have both…

[liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM]

Well, it’s been a long time since college, but I suppose these are still basic courses for engineering across the disciplines. Tell us a little something you know about fluid mechanics, mechanics of materials, and/or thermodynamics?

Dusty on February 28, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Ha – was just in the head and our paper towel dispenser is now issuing longer sheets. Asked who did it and was told it was our IT/Facilities guy (CCNP certified). Cool!!

Larr on February 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM

This liberal4life follows the same exact pattern of bragging about its educational background and income as crr6 does.

Hmmm…

fossten on February 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Aren’t you special?

I’ve got $5……come by with your “can of air” and clean my keyboard.

Tim_CA on February 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Now that was a gut-buster. !!!

AH_C on February 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM

hey lib4life…how do you feel about the names of fake scandals?

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM

But he’s “that smart,” didn’t he tell you?

fossten on February 28, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Stupid is the new smart.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Aren’t you special?

I’ve got $5……come by with your “can of air” and clean my keyboard.

Tim_CA on February 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM

This might be my “Comment of the Month”

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I’ve got $5……come by with your “can of air” and clean my keyboard.

Tim_CA on February 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Now THAT is the funniest comment in the thread!

MNHawk on February 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM

(Psst.)
Hey, guys……I think it’s gone.

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM

[NotCoach on February 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM]

Why would you expect her to be honest about those questions when she isn’t honest about herself?

Dusty on February 28, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Stupid is the new smart.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM

It’s slimming, too.

Resist We Much on February 28, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Perhaps lib4life got his/her degree from a technical college like DeVry. They offer “engineering” degrees in such areas as “Computer Engineering Technology”. Not the same thing as CE or EE from one of the big universities. That would explain the transition into an IT role with networking certifications…

SPCOlympics on February 28, 2012 at 11:40 AM

twas good while it lasted *sad face*

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I feel sorry for you; all that education and you are the dumbest troll we’ve had here in a very long time.

lorien1973 on February 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Most people who call themselves engineers are not.

I’m not an engineer, nor am I a technician as some of you would put it.

If you are simply configuring things, no matter how complex then you are a technician or an admin. Period, doesn’t matter how many tests and certifications you have.

If you are licensed by your state, then you are an engineer, even if all you do is sign paperwork. Because that is what engineers are, they are people licensed by the state to say they are engineers. They have to get the credentials and they have certain rights and responsibilities.

The rest of us are programmers and systems analysts. <– ME.

jnials on February 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I knew from the second i read that that it was all a ploy to revitalize the Occupy Wall street “I’m the 99%” slogan… So predictable. But it wasn’t a “prank” it was intentional.

Kaasproav on February 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM

When you dispose of your values, morals, and common sense, lies are all you have left.

Sterling Holobyte on February 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Dilbert is amused with this thread.

Cloture on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Dusty on February 28, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I don’t. Just saying there are better things to attack her(?) over.

Did he/she say he/she was a her in a past thread?

NotCoach on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

TeresainFortWorth on February 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

You demanded that an individual who stated that he had a Computer Degree had to send you all the original records proving his claim. If you had a University Degree you would know that when you apply for a job, you are required to have the degree granting University send copies of your transcripts. The last time I did that it was about $12 per degree.

dahni on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Fluid mechanics wasn’t a required course for computer engineering at my university. Materials and Thermo most certainly were. The electrical engineers had to take fluid mechanics, though.

[blink on February 28, 2012 at 11:38 AM]

Thanks for that. It’s been a long time. There was no computer engineering in my day; it was under EE if you wanted to specialize via a minor or something.

Dusty on February 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Aren’t you special?

I’ve got $5……come by with your “can of air” and clean my keyboard.

Tim_CA on February 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Now that was a gut-buster. !!!

AH_C on February 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Went out for a few minutes and still cracking up about that. 8)

AH_C on February 28, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Heh. HuffPo moved the story with the “update” back to the Food section. What weasels.

juliesa on February 28, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Ever notice how libtards who spend their time trolling Conservative websites always make elaborate claims as to their education? After all, if you’re going to make stuff up, why not claim four or five doctorates in nuclear physics.

cicerone on February 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

You mean like Chudi?

Lanceman on February 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Did he/she say he/she was a her in a past thread?

[NotCoach on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM]

I thought I saw a few commenters refer to “her” as her, so went with it.

Dusty on February 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I thought I saw a few commenters refer to “her” as her, so went with it.

Dusty on February 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Ya puts it into google, ya gots to go with what’s there.

MNHawk on February 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM

You mean like Chudi?

Lanceman on February 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM

No, Chudi is Dr House in real life.

So is csdeven. I forget what thread they revealed that, but it was pretty amazing they both admitted it within like 10 minutes of each other.

lorien1973 on February 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Did he/she say he/she was a her in a past thread?

NotCoach on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Someone linked its twitter profile and it was a female. Doesn’t necessarily imply it’s the same person. But it was just a little funny that it was in a thread where it argued that mormons only support romney cuz he’s mormon. Guess the twitter profile’s race? The irony was kinda funny.

lorien1973 on February 28, 2012 at 11:53 AM

cicerone on February 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

You mean like Chudi?

Lanceman on February 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM

And crr6.

fossten on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM

(Psst.)
Hey, guys……I think it’s gone.

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Did it get tired of “Whack-A-Troll”?

It’s proably off asking it’s friends to help it understand why we found its comments funny. If it were as smart as it thinks it is, it wouldn’t have to ask for help to figure that out.

:-)

Good times, good times!

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I’m an engineer of good times y’all! count it!

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM

He wasn’t attacked for being an IT guy.

Indeed. No one has ever attacked me for being an ITguy :-)

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Did Soros have any children late in life?
I think it went off to pop pimples and comtemplate why nobody understands it. Lol.
(Actually, it moved on to try to wreck newer threads.)

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM
DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Ooh!–JJ gets hit on by an older woman in today’s Good Times!
(Must see TV.)

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:59 AM

dy-no-mite RedCrow :)

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM

“YOU WANT ME ON THAT FIREWALL ! YOU NEED ME ON THAT FIREWALL !
M240H on February 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I should have mentioned this earlier… that comment cracked me up!

But liberal4life is no Jack Nicholson.

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Motivation

The lies are the fire for crowd.

Huff Po may be rewarded. Remember the reporter from Stalin’s Russia who won a Pulitzer while painting a cheery picture for the NYT?

They just have to think big and repeat them often enough.

I have some quotes from some German leader on that score and can suggest some consultants.

Even if you give them some slack for being human, you have to carefully sift facts. They know about that.

Wow. I’m glad they didn’t have to handle situations like the decision to invade Iraq.

We probably would have invaded Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria and Yemen. We had sloppy evidence on all of them. And 3,000 people dead.

IlikedAUH2O on February 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM

dahni on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

A photocopy of the diploma would suffice – that shows the name of the degree-granting institution, and the degree received.

Before I left my university, I asked for an UNOFFICIAL copy of my transcript, which they gave me for $0.10/page. I still have it, over 20 years later.

The $12 that you refer to is for a Certified Copy, with all of the bells and whistles – and yes, most people will have to provide those to an employer, but that transaction usually is done without the transcript ever making it into the student’s hands (less chance of alteration).

TeresainFortWorth on February 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM

lorien1973 on February 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM

No, cdseven is either a war hero or a mother of something. Depends on the day.

Lanceman on February 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM

And crr6.

fossten on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Miss our “I guarantee it” troll. :)

itsspideyman on February 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Lol. (I made that up, but I did like that show.)

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM
I wrote that it’s my comment of the month.

What about: “YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE UPDATE!!!”

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM

No, cdseven is either a war hero or a mother of something. Depends on the day.

Lanceman on February 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM

This also made me laugh.

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Lanceman on February 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Hey, Lanceman…This thread is almost as off-topic as the QOTD at 2am.

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM

RedCrow,
The whole point of “Hide the decline” was THEY CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM