Video: The 1% tip hoax

posted at 9:50 am on February 28, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

The story was too good to be true.  A wealthy banker runs up a three-figure bill, only tips 1% (!), and writes a note to the server to “get a real job” as a parting insult.  CNN, Huffington Post, and other media outlets ran with the story of the arrogant banker and his miserly recompense to the help.  There was only one thing wrong — it really was too good to be true:

According to Huffington Post, CNN and several other news sites, a person claiming to be an employee of the “wealthy” banker took a photo of the receipt and posted it on a blog, “Future Ex-Banker”. The blogger paired the photo with their own caption:

“Mention the ’99 percent’ in my boss’ presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1 percent badge of honor that he tips exactly 1 percent every time he feels the server doesn’t sufficiently bow down to his Holiness. Oh, and he always makes sure to include a ‘tip’ of his own.” …

The post set off a hailstorm of online comments that touched on the 1% vs. 99% class warfare embodied by the Occupy movement.

HuffPo later posted a statement from the restaurant that said that the photo had been “altered and exaggerated.”  How exaggerated?  Well, according to the local CBS affiliate — who actually asked the restaurant about the bill — the meal was just over $30 instead of $133, the tip was 20% and not 1%, and the customer didn’t write any note to the server on the bill.  “Exaggerated” in this case serves as a synonym for “flat-out lie.”

Then again, without a lot of flat-out lies, where would the Occupy movement be?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

HuffPaint switched the article from OWS to Food, then added ‘purported’ into the headline to cover their arses.

But read some of the comments posted prior to the correction.

Disgusting ‘people’.

VibrioCocci on February 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Which means you’re more likely to lie and cheat.

Right?

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM

If I would have been drinking my soda at that moment I would have choked laughing.

Logus on February 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Actually, the Obama administration will come up with a mandate that all diners must tip a minimum of 20%. We all know how Obama LOOOOOVES his mandates.

Bitter Clinger on February 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM

You forgot the part where the restaurant is required to submit reams of new paperwork to the IRS showing that the wait staff is getting that 20% upon threat of federal fines and penalties.

Happy Nomad on February 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM

This is caused by your typical MSM liberal “reporter” sitting on their butts and taking stories off the inter-net. They take everything as gospel. This is why I don’t listen to the MSM. There are very few true investigative reports anymore. CNN is always getting burned by these lazy “reporters”! This is why no one with any brains watches CNN or the MSM……………..

vietvet68 on February 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM

The whole thing sounded bogus to me. If there were no waitresses, who would serve you at restaurants?

Judge Judy: “If it doesn’t make sense, it’s probably a lie.”

disa on February 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I have a college degree in computer engineering. I probably make more money than you…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Prove it. Until you do, me thinks I’ll believe those who say you are a hobo.

Dusty on February 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM

You know this really does happen in real life! It’s probably happened multiple times at this restaurant. This lady clearly feels embarrassed for all the negative attention to her clientele.

ElenaKagan on February 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Like a Muslim, where it is ok to lie when it is beneficial to Islam, it’s ok to lie if your a liberal to obscure the fact that you have no facts.

iamsaved on February 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Dan Rather reports that the receipt can’t be verified, but he stands by his story.

kit dinker on February 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I have college degrees in Business Administration and Accounting. I have a CV which includes systems development and critical analysis. I’m retired so I have plenty of time to sit around all day and comment on political blogs. What’s your excuse?
All your bragging about (you hope) making more money than I do doesn’t answer the questions about your prejudice against white males and Asians. Do you want to address it or just whine about your employment status?
BTW, what aspect of “Computer Engineering” is your preferred educational and professional focus and remember: I have experience in systems development. Don’t say “Integrated Circuit Designer” either, since Ø proved that professional track is a current dead end.

ExpressoBold on February 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I hear waiters make great climate scientists.

MNHawk on February 28, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I know I say this everyday but that’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Then again, without a lot of flat-out lies, where would the Occupy movement be?

And have a compliant press to spread the lies.

clippermiami on February 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM

They can blank out the private info from the receipt

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:13 AM

then you’ll accuse them of photoshopping the receipts to support their face-saving claim.

Please just stop it. You were not injured/slighted by this banker, so why do you persist in defending the original claim.

To take your modus to its logical conclusion, I’d say that your denial of owning that twit account is just face-saving. I demand that you prove that you are not the owner by showing us a picture of you.

AH_C on February 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Suspension of Rational Thought == liberal4life

kirkill on February 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Well then, I hope you’re on board with having your taxes raised. You know, because you’re not paying your fair share, according to your messiah, The One.

Bitter Clinger on February 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM

As a general thought, if any of us were going to perpetrate a hoax like this wouldn’t we at least pretend to have a meal as bankers so we could establish authentic fakeness? At least we would have a real receipt then and we could hide behind the anonymity of the internet while perpetuating this fraud. Instead these bright bulbs decide to photoshop something that can be very easily verified.

NotCoach on February 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Then again, without a lot of flat-out lies, where would the Occupy movement be?

Many of them should be occupying jail cells. The rest are exactly where they’ve always been: occupying mommy and daddy’s basement…wondering why a major in comparative lit and a minor in “sociology” isn’t getting ‘em that job they claim they want…

cicerone on February 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM

They can show us the initial charge. That information is stored

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Libby,do some investigative work(yes I said work)and find this sleaze bag banker for us so we can all out him.

docflash on February 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Happy Nomad on February 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Yeah, and we’ll have to have a new division in HHS dedicated to providing subsidies to “the poor” for their dining out opportunities.

Bitter Clinger on February 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

libtard4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Ever notice how libtards who spend their time trolling Conservative websites always make elaborate claims as to their education? After all, if you’re going to make stuff up, why not claim four or five doctorates in nuclear physics.

cicerone on February 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

= “I’m currently enrolled in Heald College because I saw an ad on TV while I was watching Maury Povich in the middle of the day and they told me that when I graduate, Fortune 500 companies will line up to hire me because of my mad skills”

NapaConservative on February 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I know I say this everyday but that’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM

It can’t be as funny as finding out that Ken likes to shuffle his stick on webcams. Come to think of it…

liberal4life meet KeninCT. KeninCT meet liberal4life. Do us a favor. Take Margaret Sanger’s advice and don’t breed. For the good of us all.

MNHawk on February 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

The Restaurant can comeout and produce the “real” bill if it ever existed. That way everyone will believe it. Until I see the “real” bill, I will believe the initial story.

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Occam’s Razor – which is simpler:

A failing and flailing movement (#Occupy) alters (via pen or photoshop) a receipt in order to gin up outrage;

or…

an unknown and unnamed banker, after “showing up” the 99% (on a tip receipt) and finding his “arrogance” exposed (by someone OTHER than the wait staff who received the tip), goes to the restaurant and “pressures” them to make a retraction, which they then willingly do (out of fear of losing this one customer (who, btw, was never named)).

Religious_Zealot on February 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

That’s a lie!

Prove it.

VibrioCocci on February 28, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Ya know, I just looked at the picture of the receipt on HuffPo because it’s a better quality image…handwriting doesn’t even match. Anything for the cause…

and to be honest, I hope this banker leaks the name of Future Ex-Banker as a warning to would-be employers of his dishonesty.

redmama on February 28, 2012 at 10:33 AM

So when can I see the real bill? If this is exaggerated?

Me thinks the wealthy banker went in there and threatened someone…

And the moon landings were faked.

Restaurant wants to save face. The need to show the “real” bill if they want to be believed

WTC was brought down in a controlled demolition, a missile hit the Pentagon and flight 93 was shot down.

Why don’t you show us more of your personal information?

I think it’s a tranny.

single stack on February 28, 2012 at 10:33 AM

MNHawk on February 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

don’t ask why that pair is Fabulous! just enjoy the Fab!

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 10:33 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM

This explains the username. I suppose one, no matter how intelligent, can believe any ideology they want, no matter how ridiculous, when they desperately protect it with this much confirmation bias and denial.

NukeRidingCowboy on February 28, 2012 at 10:33 AM

If Lib4Life didn’t exist you’d have to make her up.

Preferred LibFreeDie or whatever her name was. Same BS with added outrage and histrionics.

CorporatePiggy on February 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Even if it was real, I do not see the problem. Some waiters and waitresses are not cut out for the job they have. I have give them lower tips, as a way to try and persuade them to change jobs.

astonerii on February 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Just remember, everyone.

Liberal4life has a degree in computer engineering, which means he/she probably makes more money than you.

And as such, that means he/she’s more likely to lie and cheat.

Which is why it makes perfect sense that he/she’s defending this hoax.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Computer engineering, or computer science (networking, programming, etc.)?

blink on February 28, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Networking…

I’m a CCNP as well

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM

LORDY why oh WHY do Yall CHOOSE to continue feeding this obvious TROLL?

Katfish on February 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Took one of those Sally Struthers correspondence courses while in prison, did ya?

Are you factoring in food stamps, section 8 housing, medicaid and cash assistance with that total?

BruthaMan on February 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM

So when can I see the real bill? If this is exaggerated?

Me thinks the wealthy banker went in there and threatened someone…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM

What?

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM

They can show us the initial charge. That information is stored

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM

What makes you think that twitter account is me?

They can blank out the private info from the receipt

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:13 AM

What?
YOU HAVE A DEGREE? (From what?.. a box top?) GET OUT!

lobotomy4life! If you were twice as smart as you are now…you would still be stupid!
What kind of school could could possibly educate you? You’re the kind that could be locked in a bathroom…and still pee your pants!
Hey! I wanna help you out here too!: “I probably make more money than you…” …make sure the gobberment taxes you on your brain…and not your income! (That way you only have to mail in a couple of copper Lincolns!)

KOOLAID2 on February 28, 2012 at 10:42 AM

The Restaurant can come out and produce the “real” bill if it ever existed. That way everyone will believe it. Until I see the “real” bill, I will believe the initial story.
liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM

In other words, you are willing to believe what you WANT to believe, and you aren’t willing to entertain any other possibility.

You are willing to believe an anonymous blogger (who has since “gone dark”) over a restaurant manager who is willing to go on camera and talk to the press.

You WANT to believe the initial story, because it fits your personal narrative of evil bankers and the greedy 1%. If the story turns out to be false, then you will have to re-examine what you have accepted as gospel truth, and the fact of the matter is that you don’t WANT to have that narrative challenged.

That’s lazy.

The saddest thing of all, though, is that you are perfectly willing to let people like this play you for a fool. They are COUNTING on your gullibility to advance their narrative.

They sit behind their computers day after day, laughing at how willing people are to believe the stories they make up, and telling all of their friends how easy it is to dupe the rubes into believing whatever is put in front of them.

They know that you won’t bother to check their fabrications because the ones who do finally wake up to their elaborate hoaxes are the ones who quit reading their sites.

They are COUNTING on you being lazy and gullible.

And you have proven them right once again.

TeresainFortWorth on February 28, 2012 at 10:42 AM

LORDY why oh WHY do Yall CHOOSE to continue feeding this obvious TROLL?

Katfish on February 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM

You ever watch a cat playing with a mouse?

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2012 at 10:42 AM

That’s what I thought. Don’t embarrass yourself anymore by calling that engineering.

And are you actually on here boasting that Cisco has given you a certification? For real?

blink on February 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM

you must be joking.

IT networking is not engineering? wow

Looks at the job description of a network engineer.

I have a CCNP. Yes I’m that smart thats why I’m a liberal

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I have a college degree in computer engineering.

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

The Restaurant liberal4life can comeout and produce the “real” bill diploma if it ever existed. That way everyone will believe it. Until I see the “real” bill diploma , I will believe the initial story that liberal4life is nothing but a troll .

Religious_Zealot on February 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Whatever happened to Crrrr6666 and AnninCa?

red131 on February 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

My thing is bigger than yours. Heh.

unclesmrgol on February 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Bitter Clinger on February 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Considering how much he and his (elided) wife gave to charity before he became president, I bet he’ll reconsider.

Oh, wait. You might be right as Obama is above the law.

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

If a waiter/waitress gives poor service, they get a 10% tip. If adequate, 15%. If great, 20%. I’ve given plenty of 20% tips and tend to lean that way anyhow, but I’ve given plenty of 10% tips…

Logus on February 28, 2012 at 10:10 AM

That’s what it’s evolved to. Used to be you got a tip if you gave good service, period. Now a tip is expected even for lousy service.

slickwillie2001 on February 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Does not compute — a degree in the field that brought us photoshoping, CGI and even landed Apollo on the moon with just 2K of memory.

Either you lie, or AA passed you thru so you could feel empowered. But you’re defintely not using your brain power in the computer sciences.

But you could always prove it with something geeky.

AH_C on February 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Yes I’m that smart thats why I’m a liberal

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Don’t forget, fab, oh master of punctuation. F***ing fab, even!

MNHawk on February 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I have a CCNP. Yes I’m that smart thats why I’m a liberal

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

And yet you’re stupid enough and closed minded enough to jump to conclusions that fit a predetermined bias rather than examine the evidence.

fossten on February 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

[ExpressoBold on February 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM]

Pffft. Don’t bother. He doesn’t think like an engineer, he doesn’t write like an engineer, he doesn’t even reason like an engineer.

He might be in software design or a website developer, though I doubt it.

Dusty on February 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Even if true, at least the 1% person left a tip. Those in the occupy movement who consider themselves the 99% (more likely they’re just another 1% group) probably would have skipped out on the bill leaving the server and the restaurant with nothing.

iamsaved on February 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Get back to work, dumb@zz.
Who gives a nit about your college degree? Big deal.
I venture to guess that you’re vastly outclassed here in regards to education. So, I’d tread softly.

Oh, and I also posit that your “education” is simply training.

freedomfirst on February 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM

you must be joking.

IT networking is not engineering? wow

Looks at the job description of a network engineer.

I have a CCNP. Yes I’m that smart thats why I’m a liberal

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Vizzini: I can’t compete with you physically, and you’re no match for my brains.

Westley: You’re that smart?

Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?

Westley: Yes.

Vizzini: Morons.

Never go up against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!!!!!

unclesmrgol on February 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I have a CCNP. Yes I’m that smart thats why I’m a liberal

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I know I say this everyday but that’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I have a CCNP. Yes I’m that smart thats why I’m a liberal

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

“I’m good enough. I’m smart enough. And doggone it, people like me.”

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM

you must be joking.

IT networking is not engineering? wow

Its not. Network ‘Engineering’ is a soft skill. When’s the last time you made a router, switch, or anything besides configuring software or slinging cables? Sure it requires some level of intelligence, but it is not classical Engineering.

I’m a software ‘engineer’ and say the same thing about my profession. It is an arts profession.

kerncon on February 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Networking…

I’m a CCNP as well

[liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM]

LOL. So you now know righty-tighty, lefty-loosey.

Dusty on February 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Restaurant Idiot4life wants to save face. The It needs to show the “real” bill paystub if they it wants to be believed

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM

FIFM

freedomfirst on February 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Oh Drats! Even better:

Westley: You’re that smart?

Vizzini: I have a CCNP. Yes I’m that smart.

unclesmrgol on February 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Never go up against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!!!!!

unclesmrgol on February 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I know I say this everyday…oh f it! This thread is hilarious!

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I have a CCNP. Yes I’m that smart thats why I’m a liberal

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

But what you’d really like is a CCCP.

JeffWeimer on February 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I thought the handwriting looked a bit too perfect.

Buy Danish on February 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I put myself through college as a waiter.

I have had small/no tips before, but never from a wealthy customer.

The wealthy ones would tip well, sometimes exceptionally well, if they felt you had earned it. When they left the minimum tip (%10 in those days was standard), that is when you knew they weren’t happy with service.

There were customers who didn’t tip, but they were oddball types who could never become wealthy.

Johnny 100 Pesos on February 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM

But what you’d really like is a CCCP.

Winner!

Bets if lib4life knows what that refers to? I got $1 against.

kerncon on February 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Be Honest……how many people do you know that get their news from “huffpo”?

And CNN is viewed by the vapid for entertainment purposes, not news (you don’t even see it in the airports anymore – it’s all FOX).

The liberal media has been outed, and has become a running gag.

Tim_CA on February 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM

This is what we will see from now until election day. No lie too big in the service of the greater good.

And I thought Rathergate was serious. Seeing how things are going, the culprits back then look like rank amateurs.

Physics Geek on February 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Three of my sons have Engineering Degrees from Georgia Tech. A fourth has a Mechanical Engineering Technology Degree from another school. We all work for defense contractors. Based on Gov’t standard labor categories, a “technology” dgree precludes an individual from meeting the qualifications of an “Engineer”

CCNP might get you Subject Matter Expert, but it won’t get you classfied as an Engineer.

Larr

Larr on February 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM

blink on February 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Hehe. And if libby is a recent entrant to the field, certainly not making top wages, as back in the heydays. COTS work is almost like just another commoditized job, altho it’d pay more than the burger-flipper or barista.

AH_C on February 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Buzzfeed commenters hardest hit!

Sharke on February 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM

ElenaKagan on February 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Seems to me that “this lady” has grounds for a harassment/libel charge against the person who cooked up this little stunt.

She has lost valuable time having to field phone calls and reply to e-mails, as well as having to take the time to pore through receipts to find the one in question, just to prove her INNOCENCE.

It’s possible that she has lost business as a result of this one person’s lies.

A perfectly decent business owner has had her reputation tarnished, and for what? So that somebody could advance their narrative?

Who is the “evil” one now?

TeresainFortWorth on February 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM

[sarc]Yes, Cisco desperately wants to make it very difficult for people to use their products so they only certify very few people. [/sarc]

blink on February 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Actually, that test is meant to be a bit difficult. (Probably best to take a week-long course where they have test equipment set up.)

It’s also an expensive test(/course). You can take it as many times as you like until you pass, provided you shell out another re-test fee.

(I never took it, just looked into it, before. My degrees are in EE and SE.)

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I know I say this everyday…oh f it! This thread is hilarious!

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM

It really is! All from a determined troll and a fake restaurant receipt. We can maul anything into submission!

ExpressoBold on February 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Me thinks the wealthy banker went in there and threatened someone…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Me thinks that you have the intellectual abilities of a squashed cockroach.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Bitter Clinger on February 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I already do tend to tip 20% as a rule, but if Comrade 0 tells me to? I’m gonna tell him to suck my … and tip 10%. And make sure the server knows why…

affenhauer on February 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM

kerncon on February 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM

See the problem is…

Router,switches,Firewalls and VOIP devices don’t configure themselves…

If in order for all these pieces to be put together you have to pay someone like me to make it all work…

Network Engineering is not a “soft” skill. If that were the case they would be recession in my field. We have so many jobs in my company available. Not enough technically gifted people around to fill them. These are jobs with a base salary of 75K

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Yes I’m that smart thats why I’m a liberal

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

But if you make more money than somebody else, you’re more likely to lie and cheat than they are.

So one could conclude that your superior liberal intellect leading to your superior computer degree allows you to make superior income, which means you’re more likely a liar and a cheat than somebody less intelligent and liberal than you are.

Hence, you’re a liberal, and that makes you more likely to lie and cheat.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM

iamsaved on February 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I wouldn’t say they would leave nothing – there would be a mess in the bathroom to remember them by.

Johnny 100 Pesos on February 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Larr

Larr on February 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Do you know how hard is it to get these certs?

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM

These are jobs with a base salary of 75K

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

And the people who work them are more likely to lie and cheat than those who make less than 75K.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Do you know how hard is it to get these certs?

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Stop whining. Jeez.

fossten on February 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Can someone identify this blogger/photoshopping employee and bring this to the attention of his “eeeevil banker” employer?

Czar of Defenestration on February 28, 2012 at 11:07 AM

See the problem is…

Router,switches,Firewalls and VOIP devices don’t configure themselves…

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

“Me thinks” thou dost protest too much.

fossten on February 28, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Do you know how hard is it to get these certs?

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Yes, we all know you put your life on the line every day for your country.

Some might call you a national hero.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Do you know how hard is it to get these certs?

I teach IT as an adjunct faculty member, so I have pretty good idea. Yes, they can be a challenge, but no, they are nowhere as difficult to achieve as was my master’s degree in nuclear engineering.

Physics Geek on February 28, 2012 at 11:09 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Just remember that if you’re making more than somebody else, you’re more of a liar and a cheater than they are.

Good Lt on February 28, 2012 at 11:09 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

ITT Technical College isn’t really a “college” – would any of the classes that you took at this “college” transfer to an accredited University?

If not, then you don’t have a “college degree”, you just got training at a place that calls itself a college.

Then again, I guess the folks who go to “Clown College” (yes, there is such a thing) can TECHNICALLY say that they have a “degree”, too….

TeresainFortWorth on February 28, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I hear waiters make great climate scientists.

MNHawk on February 28, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Indeed.

Climate “scientists”:

Hide the decline!

Hide the real data!

Change the “data” to fit our narrative!

This story:

Hide the real receipt!

Change the “receipt” to fit our narrative!
(even if you have to completely make stuff up!)

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 11:10 AM

i was just reading the comments at HuffPo, and the wingnuts are now blaming the restaurant…

sarainitaly on February 28, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Looks like his e-schwartz is bigger than our little certificate holder’s.

MNHawk on February 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Until I see the “real” bill, I will believe the initial story.

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Of course you will. I’ts not like the blog writer had an agenda or anything… And of course they are so much more credible than the owner of say, a restaraunt with nothing to gain by telling lies.
In my experience, successful hard working people respect hard work from servers. That was true way back in the day when I was a server, and I return that respect to this day.
Remember the wait staff? Working for a living, not sitting in a tent or mommies basement b1tching.

JusDreamin on February 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

So what you’re saying is you’re the 1% and we’re the 99%?

NukeRidingCowboy on February 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Yes, you’re capable of installing them. That’s a very noble profession. It’s not an Engineer.

Maybe the next kid down the street can call himself an Engineer because he hooks up people’s new home entertainment systems.

blink on February 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM

If it is that easy how come the base salary for network engineering jobs are so high? Why aren’t more American kids going into Network Engineering? When I was in college my class was about 70% Asian 20% white and 10% black/any another race….

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I have a CCNP. Yes I’m that smart thats why I’m a liberal

liberal4life on February 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ITguy on February 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM