Video: Rare American who can afford to buy Chevy Volt vows to buy one

posted at 8:52 pm on February 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline via Amanda Carpenter: “Volt sales to double.”

Via the Examiner, to entertain you while we wait for Michigan results, a palate cleanser from today’s “I bailed you out now you bail me out” campaign schmooze to the UAW. What’s the most over-optimistic part here? O breezily insisting he’ll have a second term as president? O assuming that they’ll still be making Chevy Volts five years from now? Or O thinking that the Secret Service will ever let him drive one? C’mon, champ. You know it’s a fire hazard.

Nice of him to be cutting free car commercials for Government Motors, don’t you think?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

You geniuses never learn. Do you really believe that a US or Israeli attack against Iran won’t push oil over $160 per barrel? At that point people will be bidding up the price of Volts in dealer inventory.
bayam on February 29, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Azzwipe

Electricity doesn’t come from trees

Sonosam on February 29, 2012 at 1:19 PM

bayam on February 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Wow. It’s a direct quote from the Car Czar.

PS- Don’t forget the $45 billion (with a “B”) dollar tax breaks that ONLY GM, and no other auto company, got. Your “minority stake” argument isn’t the only way the feds were involved/had a say.

And again, please try to be more informed. It’s your responsibility as a citizen.

rogerb on February 29, 2012 at 3:38 PM

rogerb on February 29, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Informed?

I was actually stupid enough to be talking up a Tesla (I don’t know how seriously I was considering one) until an orthodontist pointed that oil supplied the electric in my area. And the motor wouldn’t make noise like it did in his Mustang.

Now Tesla has the S model coming out. It has an engine at each wheel, is a Porsche sedan and minivan at once and seats seven. The stock is only $55. It never needs maintenance! A former Wall Street guy who gives me advice is nuts for the thing. The unveiling was awesome and the execs looked and sounded sharp.

You almost forgot the extra wiring house wiring and 4 or 5 hour downtime every 200 miles. What fun to track in the rain and snow.

The guy who wrote the email has a Leaf. He mentioned that how you drive and hills can reduce range a lot.

And I am supposed to track all this?

IlikedAUH2O on February 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM

And I am supposed to track all this?

IlikedAUH2O on February 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Ha. Track “race” or track “stay informed”?

I think the thread is pretty much dead, so I don’t think it’s much of a diversion:

Is the AU for Auburn, Australia, or something else? If you don’t mind me asking, of course.

(Roll Tide if it’s Auburn :) )

rogerb on February 29, 2012 at 9:22 PM

And I am supposed to track all this?

IlikedAUH2O on February 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Well, you really should know about bricking a Tesla.

unclesmrgol on March 3, 2012 at 3:11 AM

You can link to all the quotes online and suggest any number of conspiracy theories. The fact remains that a minority stake does not give the government control.

bayam on February 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM

30%, while a minor stake, is, coupled with the UAW’s 55% stake in GM, an overwhelming 85%. No other investors can do a thing without either the Government or the UAW’s aid.

And I’m sure the UAW isn’t going to do anything to cross Mr. Obama — for you do have to go along to get along.

Too bad for all those retirees on Main Street who once owned GM stock before it became Government Motors. They can take great solace in any bones Mr. Obama might choose to throw them…

unclesmrgol on March 3, 2012 at 3:27 AM