Quotes of the day

posted at 11:25 pm on February 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Voters in Tuesday’s Michigan Republican primary were looking for a candidate who they thought could beat Barack Obama in November and they found him in Mitt Romney. The former Massachusetts governor won 61 percent voters who said the candidate quality that mattered most was the ability to defeat Obama.

“Overall, 52 percent of Michigan voters said Romney was the Republican candidate most likely to defeat Obama in November; only 26 percent thought former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum was most likely to beat Obama.

“An overwhelming majority of voters in Michigan — 54 percent — said the economy was the issue that most mattered in deciding how they voted, and 45 percent of them voted for Romney, compared to 29 percent who voted for Santorum.”

***

“In Michigan, it was less of a resounding victory for Romney than a near-miss of a humiliating defeat at the hands of a toppled Pennsylvania senator who is to the right of the Republican mainstream and running a seat-of-his-pants campaign. And that was the easy part…

“‘He’s still in the fight of his life for the next month,’ said Republican consultant John Weaver, who advised former Romney rival Jon Huntsman and GOP nominee John McCain in 2008. ‘If Romney wins the nomination, it will be because he dragged the base kicking and screaming.’…

“‘A win is a win,’ said Republican consultant Charlie Black, who is advising Romney, said of Tuesday’s results. ‘The race is going to go on for a while, but he’s back in a fairly commanding position. There will be plenty of time for him to get back on his main message and re-establish a connection with independent voters who right now are looking askance at all Republicans.’…

“‘Tuesday’s results will certainly stop some of the handwringing over Romney,’ Goeas said. ‘The Romney campaign has had a lot of ups and downs and I haven’t seen any signs of them pushing the panic button. They systematically look forward, and at some point he should get credit for the sturdiness of his campaign.’”

***

“‘It does seem that his campaign is having a tough time sort of garnering that — not just that support, but that energy that’s needed,’ former Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, a favorite of the movement, said in an interview late Tuesday. ‘Whether Romney wins or loses in Michigan tonight, just the fact that he’s had such a fight in his home state is evidence of that blessing not yet being given to him across the board.’

“Ms. Palin said that if Mr. Romney became the nominee she would support him ’100 percent,’ but said he still had considerable work to do get important portions of his base on his side…

“Yet, there are those conservatives who view Mr. Romney as plenty conservative enough, and are eager to move on to the battle to defeat Mr. Obama, with Mr. Romney as the nominee.

“‘Frankly, the candidates are so close ideologically I just think that we’re losing sight of the huge gulf between our candidates and Obama,’ said James Bopp Jr., a conservative activist and party official in Indiana who supports Mr. Romney. ‘We’re suffering from the ‘grass is always greener’ syndrome.’”

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

multiuseless on February 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Explain every Christian denomination and who is a faux Christian or not-and why. Catholics, Pentecostal, Baptist, Mormon, Lutheran, ect..

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM

nparga23 on February 29, 2012 at 1:39 AM

RickB on February 29, 2012 at 1:37 AM

LOL! Where in the heII do you find this stuff. Wait, wait never mind. ; )

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 1:39 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Sometimes. I carry ear plugs in my purse.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:40 AM

nparga23 on February 29, 2012 at 1:40 AM

<blockquoteHe is in three right now. This Saturday will be his last show with one. The one I linked had a really good local following, their show was fun. Not uplifting but fun.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM

nparga23 on February 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Axis: Bold as Love = Best Hendrix album
(And that song’s a great one.)

RedCrow on February 29, 2012 at 1:42 AM

What’s so offensive about it? Pointing out that Romney is a lot stronger of a candidate that most of the True Conservative(TM) crowd gives him credit for?

Anybody that lets an internet poster determine who they will and will not vote for based on emotion shouldn’t really ever be within a thousand yards of a voting booth in the first place, bro.

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Your wild, sweeping generalizations about people, and your condescension are what I find offensive. Putting “true conservative” with a “trademark” symbol, while mocking anyone who doesn’t agree with you and putting them in a “category” Is dishonest garbage, IMO.

I didn’t say it was ONE Internet poster affecting me. It’s a whole pattern of A-HOLES™ like you, who support Romney, who have started to make me believe that he isn’t worth supporting. I know only a handful of honest, objective, Romney supporters. The rest are like you and the Mittbots here. They lie and distort and mock and SMEAR the other candidates and their supporters. They say crap like “A vote for Santorum is a vote for Obama.”

They, like you, are condescending A-HOLES™. If Romney is like you, I don’t want to vote for him.

And your crap about him being a strong candidate is very likely to blow up in your faces, and I almost hope it does.

JannyMae on February 29, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Crap, I just looked at the clock, I’ve got a 10 hour drive in the a.m. Good night all. Here one last tune. I like to play it here once every so often.

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 1:45 AM

RedCrow on February 29, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Real good stuff. Enjoy the Morphine. Good night all.

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:18 AM

That is your sons band?

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 1:46 AM

JannyMae on February 29, 2012 at 1:43 AM

This is a political blog…I hope you don’t make choices from comments here.

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 1:46 AM

He played guitar in the band. He’s been doing the rock star thing for a while, I think he is finally outgrowing it.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I liked that song..different. Not bad at all.

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 1:51 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Sometimes. I carry ear plugs in my purse.
Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Ah, what a parent will suffer for their kids. Mine survived their years of having a basement/garage band rehearsing what was supposed to be something like rock & roll.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 1:51 AM

nparga23 on February 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I don’t understand your comments or lack thereof. Is there a problem any of us can help you with?

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:51 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 1:51 AM

He’s twenty-seven and has been playing out for a long time and I am just as goofy as any soccer mom could ever think about being. Video taping their shows and buying their band shirts that I don’t wear. Sucker!!!!!!

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:51 AM

lol..I was wondering. Dude!

So, I voted for newt in Florida. Rick and Mitt suck. But there is a suck meter. Obama hits the highest suck mark.

Wake me when we have a nominee. You won’t see me defending Rick or Mitt. I will however say how it is with the current admin.

Good night.

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM

You can disagree with his phrasing, but doesn’t it succinctly sum up Santorum’s sabotage attempt in Michigan – and it’s disastrous result?

whatcat on February 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

No, it’s a whole boatload of hyperbole and BS, designed to ridicule Santorum and ALL his supporters. It has nothing to do with the failure of some bogus “sabotage” attempt you bots were preaching about all day. There was no “disaster.” Romney would have won anyway. You are trying to spin this into something that it isn’t, to prop up your WEAK candidate. He should have destroyed Santorum in his “home state,” and he barely beat him.

JannyMae on February 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Very different but it was a charismatic group. On the last song they had all the girls get up on the stage and dance.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I found out it was a really good way to get girl’s attention (being in a band). Probably why 99% of guys start/join a band. Though in my day, the sound was a bit more rock&rolly than the contemporary genre in your shared vid.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 1:58 AM

If that is your attitude, then you are pro-Obama. Face it. I would have to hold my nose with a vise to vote for Santorum, but I would do it to get rid of Obama. Clearly, you prefer a more liberal agenda.

Priscilla on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Wow! That’s a lot to infer from one line of one post. Sorry, but if I preferred a more liberal agenda, I’d be supporting RINO Romney.

Epic fail.

JannyMae on February 29, 2012 at 1:58 AM

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Agreed. I thought Newt was the most likely to shake things up like I want but it wasn’t meant to be. My bumper sticker will read

ANYBODY BUT OBAMA 2012!

Catchy don’t you think?

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Please Janny, I know the feeling but get your emotion out of the way. Logic sister.

bazil9 on February 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Thanks, but I need to vent my frustrations with these “Only Romney can win” jackasses.

I’ll be better tomorrow.

JannyMae on February 29, 2012 at 2:01 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 1:58 AM

He’s been all over the map in the rock genre. Some more mainstream than that example.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Why yes. I voted for who I wanted to. Nope, not meant to be.

Good night..zzz are a call’in.

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

No Red Eye tonight, I bet.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

ANYBODY BUT OBAMA 2012!

Catchy don’t you think?

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 1:59 AM

But, Cindy? That’s not what a bunch of folks here are saying!!!
They’re saying things like, “I’ll never vote for that liberal RINO Romney,” etc.
Sorry for my pessimism, but we’re gonna lose in November.

RedCrow on February 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM

JannyMae on February 29, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I get it. Have a good night. Relax a bit. Jackasses will be jackasses.

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Einstein defined insanity as…

Mr. Joe on February 29, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Mr. Joe on February 29, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Well, if you can’t vote for Romney, perhaps you can slip into a coma for 4.5 years. When you come out of it, maybe you’ll still have something left. (It really depends on Obama’s golf game, and the outcome of the Congressional elections.)

RedCrow on February 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Good night, folks.

JannyMae on February 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:01 AM

If you get into music in depth, especially as a vocation, it’s helpful to be able to jump in anywhere. My starter “band era” was late 60s-early 70s so the music was, of course, the rock-pop of those times. Was a good background to get into other areas of the entertainment industry. And to provide for some great fun memories.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

JannyMae on February 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Good night.

RedCrow on February 29, 2012 at 2:12 AM

RedCrow on February 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM

It will all depend on what is happening in November. Regardless of who the nominee Obama has the press and a lot of money it was always going to be an uphill battle.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:13 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

He’s got a lot of good memories. I forgot, he occasionally plays with a cover band so he does some of the older tunes also. Time and more to grow up and get into the real world full time.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:15 AM

JannyMae on February 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Goodnight, sleep well!

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:13 AM

What does or doesn’t happen in the Middle East, Iran-Israel esp., between now & then could turn the whole ball game who-knows which way.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Good night. Good talking to ya!

RedCrow on February 29, 2012 at 2:18 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Isn’t that the truth. Too much out of our hands, we just have to do the best we can. I try to remember that no one man is capable of bring down this country, our form of government is not built that way.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:20 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I don’t think she was saying that anything happening in the ME was a non-factor. Was she?

RedCrow on February 29, 2012 at 2:20 AM

RedCrow on February 29, 2012 at 2:18 AM

You to, try not let it get you down.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:20 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Oops. I misread your post.
Sorry.

RedCrow on February 29, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:15 AM

That’s great. It’s a great experience even if a person doesn’t follow-up in later years. My folks encouraged me even when I was banging out awful 3 chord wonders (that impressed me, at least).

And though I work professionally in the area, I still love to just jam when I get the chance, moreso when it’s good ol’ rock & roll such as I grew up listening to, e.g. stuff like this. Great good, simple fun.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Oy, three “greats” in my last comment. Gotta work on my vocabulary.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Although I like metal music I do get weary of the lead singers sounding remarkably like Cookie Monster. If you saw how much gear we have I think the term enable is more appropriate than support. He cut off his down to his azz hair but didn’t look rock and roll enough so now he has what looks like a high & tight that he does into a mohawk for shows. All in all it has been a positive experience.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:30 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I do the same thing all the time.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I think the term for the Cookie Monster vocal style is “scring”, combo of scream & sing.
Ha! Yeah, “enable” or “co-dependent”. If you want a case of a parent really being into the whole thing, check out “The Shaggs” and some of their music on YouTube. They were “so bad that they are good”, but their father was determined they would be “stars”.
No mohawks, nose-ear rings, etc. in my day, but got frequent lectures from the principal on my hair length.
Wait until your son looks at the pictures ten years from now. :D
But everyone has to have some embarrassing “what was I thniking?” moments to ponder in later years! It’s the circle of life.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:46 AM

JannyMae on February 29, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Bolded the baseless name calling for you so maybe you can see yourself in the mirror. The (TM) thing is a play on the ABR crowd (who, by the way throws around more baseless insults and dishonest claims than any other group except for the Dems – example Romney LOVES Obamacare and socialism etc. etc. etc.) acting as if they are the only true conservatives in the party and that anybody who supports Romney or really any candidate other than the non-Romney flavor of the week is a dirty RINO selling their soul for political gain, a puppet of the shadowy “establishment”, trying to be Romney’s stalking horse, etc. etc. Call me condescending all you want, but I’m not the one who’s ever said I’d vote for Barack Obama if my candidate doesn’t win, and I’m not the one who’s ever threatened to stay home and let the country fall to ash around me to get back at some made up shadowy entity (consisting of everybody who doesn’t like my guy). This is even worse than the Dems and independents because YOU KNOW what another 4 years of Barack Obama means for the country and yet choose to do nothing because you’re butthurt about he primary process. So excuse me if I don’t say nice enough things about you while you berate and trash me others that agree with me that Romney is our best shot.

Don’t forget what Burke said – The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. If evil triumphs, I doubt it will matter whether good men did nothing, or did nothing to make a political point about somebody they didn’t like.

Swerve22 on February 29, 2012 at 2:52 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I don’t see him ever thinking he was anything but hot, no shortage of ego. I’m surprised he has never gotten a tatoo and we were lucky to forgo any drugs. One of the bands he is in has been signed by a small indy label, they are in the midst of cutting a video. He will be playing bass with cuts of him playing a zombie mixed in.

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:54 AM

JannyMae on February 29, 2012 at 1:43 AM

You realize you are acting just as petulant as you claim your opponents are acting?

scotash on February 29, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Romney may be the inevitable candidate at this point and, he can’t be much worse than a third Bush term, which, bad as that would be, wouldn’t be anywhere as bad as a second Obama term.

I don’t know if Mittens can beat Obama, but as of this moment, the plan is:

Romney 2012, Stay Home 2016.

Obama can only make me vote for Romney this year. Once he’s gone, nothing can make me vote for Romney a second time.

SuperCool on February 29, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Oh, Red Eye is on. Goodnight all, sleep tight!!!

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Cindy Munford on February 29, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Cool deal, it’s so much easier for small indies to get some attention nowadays. Was a tough road in decades past. I know a lot of do-it-yourself artists in diff countries who have done well even just handling it all themselves.

Good for him in avoiding drugs (and tats,lol). Working in video can be time-consuming, but it’s fun. Even for zombies.

A healthy ego is good, if it’s not too tied into the sense of “hotness” since hotness slips away over the years. Except for yours truly, of course. heh.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 3:12 AM

scotash on February 29, 2012 at 2:55 AM

I am more petulant than all of you clowns put together. Try to keep up will ya.

SparkPlug on February 29, 2012 at 3:31 AM

I can see that no one dares to challenge me.

SparkPlug on February 29, 2012 at 3:33 AM

I can see that no one dares to challenge me.
SparkPlug on February 29, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Or it could be that anybody who might have even a remote interest in engaging in jackassery has gone to bed.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 3:38 AM

LOL at quoting palin. She couldn’t win Alaska if she tried. First off it’s Romney’s native state. His home state really is Massachusetts, which he will win by a huge margin. His other home state is New Hampshire, which he has already won by a wide margin. Enough with these toolbag’s opinions. They offer nothing to the narrative. Someone please tell $arah, Rush, Levin and Ingraham to just shutup. You lost already! Get over it!

rubberneck on February 29, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Rubber
now that should be your name, as in your father should used one!

angrymike on February 29, 2012 at 5:22 AM

rubberneck on February 29, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Soooo, you’re the one slowing down to watch a guy change a flat tire….

Mitt loses in November if Palin, RPaul, Newt, Santorum, Rush, Levin and the traitors from ’08 — baby Buckley, Frumster, Brooksie, Noonan, Colin Powell et al — don’t get up on that stage with Romney, publicly support him through words and deeds and unite most R’s and some dems in an effort to overthrow the socialist occupying 1600 Penn. Ave….

Gohawgs on February 29, 2012 at 5:31 AM

angrymike on February 29, 2012 at 5:22 AM

I hear sheepskin can be porous…

Gohawgs on February 29, 2012 at 5:34 AM

‘We’re suffering from the ‘grass is always greener’ syndrome.’”

it appears so, after super tuesday folks need to truly consider dropping off imho…

we need to focus on dear leader and get the man out of office…

cmsinaz on February 29, 2012 at 5:54 AM

a negative spin on a mitt win by mika this am

cmsinaz on February 29, 2012 at 6:10 AM

Great to wake up over here in the Eastern Hemisphere and see Romney won in both MI and AZ despite the shenanigans of Santorum in MI! He was NEVER interested in those voters staying with him and most people saw through that.

I laugh at Allah’s other MI poll article with the multiple Updates attempting to explain why RS lost and why people keep voting for Romney!

Hey Allah, Ed, et al, and posters here on HA, maybe it is because voters in the conservative and Republican party ACTUALLY LIKE Romney and see him as capable of beating Obama!!?? I think many posters and the HA writers need to change their paradigm of who THEY think Romney is…

I am as conservative as ANYONE on this site maybe more and I SUPPORT Romney. Frankly, I wonder where some people get all upset and call him a liberal that is NOT supported by his voting record. Any past liberal stances that other conservatives have taken (Santorum, Gingrich, Perry, Reagan, W, GHWB, Henry Hyde, etc) are ALL quickly forgiven but Romney’s live with him eternally! That is flat out wrong and conservatives need to rethink why they are doing that to Romney.

Romney is NOT going to be a pom pom waver like some of you expect of him BUT he is a professional that will FIX the economy and return our country to conservative principles…the same thing Levin, Rush, Ingraham, NRO, Hannity, etc backed him in last time and HE HAS NOT CHANGED from 2008…

Super Tuesday will begin the time that all the rest of the candidates drop out as they will see that they cannot defeat Romney. The candidate that HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE MOST QUALIFIED for our current situation since the race began and also from 2008.

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Gohawgs on February 29, 2012 at 5:31 AM

Just because they’re brain dead blowhards doesn’t mean they don’t know what time it is. Those rogues don’t have to like it. When they can no longer deny the obvious they will either make themselves irrelevant (suicide for any of them) or they will fall in line.

Too bad for the thumb-suckers who won’t. The line forms here —->

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 6:27 AM

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Allah continues to shame himself. Ed chose his guy, but hasn’t been a pr-ck about it. Ed hasn’t kvetched about how much the world sux just because Santo can’t win a primary (0 for 2012, quite a record). AP continues to drag out every fairy tale at hand to put Mitt down. Here’s the world’s smallest violin, and it’s playing your song AP!

The fact is that Mitt has won when the polls are open. When average, rank and file Republicans get to cast their vote. He hasn’t shined in meaningless beauty contests where a handful of dead enders band together for a 4 hour non-binding caucus. That’s because he isn’t pandering to the fringe whackos. He’s talking to people who want a brilliant, sane, experienced leader who will revive this nation’s economy.

And by doing so, Mitt is keeping himself in perfect position to win a general election. Unlike the self-immolating Newt or the gynaphobic Santo, Mitt is not digging his nose up the tail end of the elephant.

So carry on AP. I look forward to reading how much you love Mitt when he wraps this thing up. And if you can’t, find another job because nobody is going to want to hang around to read about how sad you are about our nominee.

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 6:39 AM

And if I get selected, great, and if I don’t, I can live with that too.~Mitt Romney

Spoken like a guy who is completely at ease with second place.

and this is the best you so called moderates can do?

Really?

The country needs a leader and you people opt out for Wally Cox? If this country survives another 4 years, the Romney voters won’t have a damn thing to do with it. They’re only fine with abusing members of their own conservative family,.. Obama, the big bully on the block?

not so much..

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 6:47 AM

As stated in Allah’s other post, this is very true as Florida showed this as well with its diverse voting crowd:

he’s (Romney) the only candidate to win primaries in the northeast (New Hampshire), southeast (Florida), southwest (Arizona), and now the midwest (Michigan).

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Rubber
now that should be your name, as in your father should used one!

angrymike on February 29, 2012 at 5:22 AM

That’s clever…you take 5 minutes of your that pea brain of yours to figure that one out???

rubberneck on February 29, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Gohawgs on February 29, 2012 at 5:31 AM

Why should they suddenly want to be on board? They have been undermining the guy from the start. Rush and $arah can take a flying leap for all that I care…they are in it for themselves.

rubberneck on February 29, 2012 at 6:52 AM

they are in it for themselves.

rubberneck on February 29, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Exactly. And that is why the will fall in line.

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 6:54 AM

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 6:39 AM

EXACTLY!

What people here FAIL to realize is Romney is winning with OPEN and CLOSED primaries. The States he lost were Caucus beauty contests where if you think about it people at the caucus’ aren’t truly FREE to vote their conscience as some likely feel “pressured” to vote with everyone else in their little group…Iowa comes to mind…were there Evangelicals that were willing to vote for Mitt but then thought that IF I do I am going to get reamed at Church on Sunday?

Bottom line: Romney is winning in ALL sectors of the country and what WE WANT from our candidate YET some here on HA are upset about Romney…way to make the tent smaller! :o)

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 6:56 AM

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 6:39 AM

you really think you’re smarter than the writers of this Blog?

….mmm heh,.. ok…

Ed, I’ve been reading for years, you, I never heard of before reading the comment section here..

The fact is, Romney inspires no one but the wonkish micro middle, and dude… try winning a general with that.. and he barely pulled it out in Michigan.. Santorum can attract blue collar union democrats..

Mitt, not so much.

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 6:57 AM

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I have said from the moment Perry showed he wasn’t ready that Mitt would be our next POTUS. The hard liners can’t seem to remember that New England, California and the Northern tier all get to send delegates to the convention. They think that primaries are only conducted in red states in the Southeast and that blue states don’t count. Mitt started this race with close to half of the nation in his column by virtue of the fact that none of these other clowns had a shot in anything but a solid red state.

Those who questioned Mitt’s inevitability are simply incapable of doing basic arithmetic.

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Sorry CNBC says the Market is already pricing in an Obama victory in November.

And I CANNOT BE EXCITED about nominating yet ANOTHER BIG GOVERNMENT PROGRESSIVE, sel castrating republican.

Nominating Marco Rubio is NOT going to fix the man that gave ROMNEYCARE as the lead on the ticket.

NO NO NO to Mitt

NO NO NO to ObamaRomneyCare!

on to Super Tuesday.

PappyD61 on February 29, 2012 at 7:06 AM

you really think you’re smarter than the writers of this Blog?

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 6:57 AM

You can name your own reason for it but I’ve had a heck of a lot better track record of predicting how this campaign season was going. If I had to pin it down, I would say it would be because I’ve been free to call it the way I see it because I don’t have an audience to please or have to worry so much about the consequences they would face for being wrong.

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Spoken like a guy who is completely at ease with second place.

and this is the best you so called moderates can do?

Really?

not so much..

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 6:47 AM

mark,
I see his comment as a sign of confidence and strength. Romney is NOT SO DESPERATE that if he loses his life will fall apart…However, he will rely on his strengths of a turnaround and economic expert and show people that if elected he will get the country on the right track again…which Obama will not given another 4 years.

Also why you think Romney voters are bullies…quite the opposite, we are not on here throwing Mittbots, RINO’s, and other names like we are called everyday! Okay, I’ll give you csdeven and a couple of others can get down in the mud but overall we are generally the ones on the receiving end. Which makes me laugh because MOST Romney supporters are very conservative and recognize him for his STRENGTH as an economic expert and something our country NEEDS right now and we keep looking the other way.

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 7:07 AM

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 7:07 AM

romney needs to do more than get us on the “right track”. this country needs to sprout wings and fly.
romney wants us to crawl in the mud along with the dems. hence, i ain’t too enthusiastic about voting for the man.

renalin on February 29, 2012 at 7:13 AM

‘Whether Romney wins or loses in Michigan tonight, just the fact that he’s had such a fight in his home state is evidence of that blessing not yet being given to him across the board.’ – Sarah Palin

Mrs. Palin goes on to say that she’ll support Mittens if he gets the nod.
Nothing like sacrificing your principles, eh?
Caveat Emptor
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 29, 2012 at 7:20 AM

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Yeah, exactly. And I’d say Romney doesn’t even really inspire that micro-middle that much. They’re just getting their rocks off by apparently sticking a finger in the eye of the conservative base. Once Romney’s nominated they won’t have much to say, beyond blaming that same conservative base for the fact that Romney will be consistently at least 5 points behind Obama in the polls.

ddrintn on February 29, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Mrs. Palin goes on to say that she’ll support Mittens if he gets the nod.
Nothing like sacrificing your principles, eh?
Caveat Emptor
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 29, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Oh, come on. She’s not going to get out there on the stump for the guy. I just don’t see it happening. Mitt will have to get Nikki Haley to do that, I guess.

ddrintn on February 29, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Communique from The Establishment:

To the citizens of AZ and MI, we The Establishment would congratulate you on your good judgment in selecting our man Mitt Romney, except of course, that you had no choice. In exchange for your obedience, you will be spared the retribution of The Establishment when we resume power. You have earned the privilege of standing by as spectators as we The Establishment educate the rebellious states who foolishly refuse to bend to our unstoppable will.

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Rubber
nope as I remember everyone of your posts you see Sarah in a bad light, you should be giddy with pride that your hero won Michigan. Sarah has said she will get behind Obama Romney if he wins the primary. It will be fun to watch you mittens lovers as he stutters every time Zero says” I based Obammy care on your health reform, so now it’s all wrong” and then loses the general because he’ll have no answers for him!

angrymike on February 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Sarah has said she will get behind Romney

angrymike on February 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM

If she really wants to help, she’ll get WAY behind him. Out of camera shot at the very least.

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 7:27 AM

G2825m
Yes sir, Mittens will not fall apart you have that correct, he has lost many other elections before, he’s used to it.
Haaaaaaha haaaaa

angrymike on February 29, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Right now, there are still many of us who are in the ABR (Anyone But Romney) mode. Trust me, if ROmney wins, all of us will switch to the ABO (Anyone But Obama) mode. I don’t know too many people, who aren’t hardcore leftist, who don’t believe 4 more years of Obama and the Democrats, wouldn’t be a disaster for the country.

bflat879 on February 29, 2012 at 7:29 AM

So far after 10 states (numbers are approx):

Romney:
163 Delegates
1,747,000 votes

Santorum:
83 Delegates
930,800 votes

So Romney doubles Santorum in both popular and delegate votes. I would say there are MANY people who like and WANT Romney as our candidate despite Palin, Rush, and Levin (who I like and listen to when I am back home). Two of whom supported Romney and the other one was on the ticket Rush and Levin were AGAINST last election! Romney has not changed ANY of his stances and yet we are pushing candidates that voted both LIBERALLY and conservatively in PA and the other candidate as Speaker of the House at times threw conservatives under the bus. Go figure?

Romney did what a Governor representing his state and constituency and had the State Constitutional authority to do and attempted to in a conservative principled way in a HUGE liberal state shore up his Healthcare disaster and Romney is ridiculed for it. Hey, what happened last election Rush, Levin, Palin, HA Posters, when the plan was ALREADY in place and the issue rarely came up?

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 7:33 AM

From CNBC this morning:

While President Obama may not be Wall Street’s ideal candidate, stock prices are rising on growing expectations he will be re-elected this November.

Part of that, market pros say, is simply that investors feel more certain about who will be in the White House for the next four years and which policies they will have to deal with.

Obama’s chances of winning in November increased to above 60 percent on Tuesday, up from about 50 percent at the beginning of the year, according to the odds on prediction market Intrade.com.

Heh.

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM

“Citizens”? You mean that tiny sliver who felt inspired enough to vote in yet a couple more low-turnout primaries? Maybe if we have record-low turnout in November Mitt will have a tad more than a snowball’s chance of winning by a point or 2.

ddrintn on February 29, 2012 at 7:34 AM

The air in here is thick with hero worship, I’m going back to bed. Good luck with your hero, I really hope you ppl are right and he can win the general, cause if he doesn’t were all screwed!

angrymike on February 29, 2012 at 7:35 AM

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Well thank you for responding in such a reasoned manner.

Everything in my experience makes me react to his comment as I do.. what you see as confidence, I see as a lack of commitment to win. I grew up in a family where grey didn’t exist, cops, soldiers,.. I knew I would serve in the cold war before I was ten years old.

I don’t much like his comment, because I am passionate about getting rid of Obama.. and if the rank and file concedes to him, I think it’s a monsterously dumb mistake… but I can see the reasoning.

I’ll still vote for Santorum next week in the Ohio primary.

and I’ll… probably vote in the fall,.. what I simply do not understand about Romney and his most rabid followers, is whe he’s not reaching out to conservatives, not at all..

He’s running against the social conservative base.

While saying all nicey nice things about Obama. That is part of the reason the base rejects him. He doesn’t have to “set his hair on fire”,.. what he needs to do, is show he at the very least, understands our concerns and will listen to our views, if not adopt them as president..

is that so damnn hard?

He seems instead to have wholey adopted the DNC play book.. conservatives are evil, spineless (I’ll be good.) moderates are ok,… but those progressives?…. oh,… let’s be like them.

He’d get alot more social con votes, if he didn’t act like we were some strange alien life form he’d never heard of before. Granted.. being from New England, he’s never seen a conservative who wasn’t tamed, gelded, and caged,.. but if he wants to govern all of us, he’d better act like it.

He may well win the nomination, and loose because the base stays home, with no reason to support him, other than, he’s not quite as bad as Obama.. for some of us, it may be enough.. but folks need someone to vote for, not against.

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Sarah has said she will get behind Romney

angrymike on February 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Awwwww, what cute snark. And I guaran-damn-tee you that if Palin doesn’t get out there and lend her presence to Romney’s campaign effort, you’ll be among the first ‘bots in here to blame her for his defeat.

Anyway, as I said maybe he can get ultra-popular Nikki to get out there on the stump for him.

ddrintn on February 29, 2012 at 7:36 AM

G2825m
Haaaaaaha haaaaa

angrymike on February 29, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Angry…
Romney lost in 1994
Romney won in 2003
Romney lost in 2008

So he is 1-2 currently.

How many times did Reagan run for POTUS before he was elected? I’ll answer that for you: TWICE! he finally won on his THIRD attempt.

So Romney is on his second try.

I know MANY of you like to count his primary and caucus losses in the past but that is in the PAST. Add his wins this time around and it is not as bad as you think.

Right now he is 6 for 10. I like those odds! :o) He’ll continue to pick up more as move along…it is only a matter of when will you decide to join the Team that will defeat Obama?

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Because you’re dead wood, bud. They’re going to win on the squish vote alone. They’re going to give us a vivid demonstration of Squish Power in November. And Romney will lose by 9.

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Yep.

ddrintn on February 29, 2012 at 7:40 AM

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 7:33 AM

you neglect to mention, he was running against McCain.

so they opted to go for the more conservative of the two… right?

not at all inconsistent with now, now is it?

They support the more conservative choice, it’s not rocket science.

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 7:41 AM

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM

But he never ran against the conservative base.

ddrintn on February 29, 2012 at 7:42 AM

He’s running against the social conservative base.

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 7:36 AM

No he isn’t. Nor is he pandering to “the base.” Mitt is running to become President of the United States, not President of “the base” or President of the Tea Party.

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 7:43 AM

He’s running against the social conservative base.

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 7:36 AM

MJBrutus on February 29, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Good grief, what a squad of weasels. Of COURSE he’s running against the conservative base. That’s why closet libs like you adore the guy at the moment.

ddrintn on February 29, 2012 at 7:45 AM

He’s running against the social conservative base.

is that so damnn hard?

mark81150 on February 29, 2012 at 7:36 AM

mark,
I am currently serving overseas and if I recall from previous posts you served as well. You need to stop listening to Rush’s talking points. I am a HUGE fan and a 24/7 member of Rush’s but his blatant SLANT against Romney and the way he presents comments that he applies to Romney make it seem Romney is saying certain things that he clearly IS NOT. Rush has been ticking me off lately. I still read his website daily but he has something against Romney and many of the things he says are simply untrue.

Go to Romney’s website: mittromney.com and you will see OVER AND OVER AND OVER Romney is constantly attacking Obama in ads (video, radio, written). He also has almost every speech and appearance there that you can CLEARLY see he is constantly speaking to us conservatives. I agree that sometimes he’ll make comments that do not come out right…but I ask you to consider the source: MSM who want ANY of our candidates to look bad and fail so they focus on Romney’s missteps like they did with Bush. How many do they point out about Obama? Exactly.

Romney is not some boogeyman that EVEN some on OUR SIDE say he is…his record in MA was a conservative record. I have posted it on here over and over again. :o)

g2825m on February 29, 2012 at 7:48 AM