Quotes of the day

posted at 11:25 pm on February 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Voters in Tuesday’s Michigan Republican primary were looking for a candidate who they thought could beat Barack Obama in November and they found him in Mitt Romney. The former Massachusetts governor won 61 percent voters who said the candidate quality that mattered most was the ability to defeat Obama.

“Overall, 52 percent of Michigan voters said Romney was the Republican candidate most likely to defeat Obama in November; only 26 percent thought former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum was most likely to beat Obama.

“An overwhelming majority of voters in Michigan — 54 percent — said the economy was the issue that most mattered in deciding how they voted, and 45 percent of them voted for Romney, compared to 29 percent who voted for Santorum.”

***

“In Michigan, it was less of a resounding victory for Romney than a near-miss of a humiliating defeat at the hands of a toppled Pennsylvania senator who is to the right of the Republican mainstream and running a seat-of-his-pants campaign. And that was the easy part…

“‘He’s still in the fight of his life for the next month,’ said Republican consultant John Weaver, who advised former Romney rival Jon Huntsman and GOP nominee John McCain in 2008. ‘If Romney wins the nomination, it will be because he dragged the base kicking and screaming.’…

“‘A win is a win,’ said Republican consultant Charlie Black, who is advising Romney, said of Tuesday’s results. ‘The race is going to go on for a while, but he’s back in a fairly commanding position. There will be plenty of time for him to get back on his main message and re-establish a connection with independent voters who right now are looking askance at all Republicans.’…

“‘Tuesday’s results will certainly stop some of the handwringing over Romney,’ Goeas said. ‘The Romney campaign has had a lot of ups and downs and I haven’t seen any signs of them pushing the panic button. They systematically look forward, and at some point he should get credit for the sturdiness of his campaign.’”

***

“‘It does seem that his campaign is having a tough time sort of garnering that — not just that support, but that energy that’s needed,’ former Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, a favorite of the movement, said in an interview late Tuesday. ‘Whether Romney wins or loses in Michigan tonight, just the fact that he’s had such a fight in his home state is evidence of that blessing not yet being given to him across the board.’

“Ms. Palin said that if Mr. Romney became the nominee she would support him ’100 percent,’ but said he still had considerable work to do get important portions of his base on his side…

“Yet, there are those conservatives who view Mr. Romney as plenty conservative enough, and are eager to move on to the battle to defeat Mr. Obama, with Mr. Romney as the nominee.

“‘Frankly, the candidates are so close ideologically I just think that we’re losing sight of the huge gulf between our candidates and Obama,’ said James Bopp Jr., a conservative activist and party official in Indiana who supports Mr. Romney. ‘We’re suffering from the ‘grass is always greener’ syndrome.’”

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

First.

Bishop on February 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Wait… da**it, I’m not supposed to actually be first. Can I change my answer?

Bishop on February 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

True Conservatives(TM), union thugs, and Michael Moore friends combined couldn’t push Romney out. I’d say it’s time to finish this primary process already.

Can’t wait to hear the Rush/Levin spin tomorrow.

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Romney has systematically beat down every obstacle and yet the True Conservatives(TM) continue to say he’s a weak candidate and Obama really REALLY wants to run against him. Meanwhile Obama and the Democrats continue to try every trick in the book to get Romney beaten in the primaries (with the help of Mark Levin, Rush, Palin, etc.)

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Mitt wants to defeat Obama, and Rick wants to defeat Satan. I’m not seeing a heck of a lot of difference, only that one of them has a clearer focus.

John the Libertarian on February 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I can relate to that. If I have to vote for him that would be a good way to describe it.

HotAirian on February 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

That’ll teach the Republican base to question their Dear Party leaders. They do all. They know all.

RBMN on February 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

When I read this kind of tripe, it really makes me not want to vote for Mitt at all.

I think I might prefer four more years of Obama to having to watch you sanctimonious, know-it-all, a-holes crowing about a Romney victory.

JannyMae on February 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I for one will be really interested in how he’s going to oppose Obama on Romneycare Obamacare THIERcare.

HotAirian on February 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM

The Republican base continues to choose Romney while the pundits try to prolong the race.

Mormontheman on February 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM

This would be Teh QOTD, torn from none other than the HA front page:

“PPP: Santorum up by 10 among election-day voters in MI”

whatcat on February 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Can’t wait to hear the Rush/Levin spin tomorrow.

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I’d actually like to hear them un-spin and say straight out: gird your loins for a second Obama term.

Marcus on February 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

THEIRcare *

HotAirian on February 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

JannyMae on February 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

What’s so offensive about it? Pointing out that Romney is a lot stronger of a candidate that most of the True Conservative(TM) crowd gives him credit for?

Anybody that lets an internet poster determine who they will and will not vote for based on emotion shouldn’t really ever be within a thousand yards of a voting booth in the first place, bro.

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Meh..If Romney gets it,,he’s got my vote…I really think any one of the 3 (sorry Ron) would do a good job in the office…

Obama and his whole crew need to GTFO….

BigWyo on February 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I’ve always known that she felt this way, but I’m glad she clarified. Now hopefully Obama can knock her out of the top spot on the Mitt supporters’ enemies list.

Kataklysmic on February 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

HotAirian on February 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Remember, when the federal government does it, it’s oppressive. When the state government does it, it’s like your dear old Dad putting his arm around you and saying, “I love you son, and you need to buy health insurance so I don’t have to take away your allowance.”

RBMN on February 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Cuts both ways. If Romney struck out tonight in MI, half of your team would be talking about taking their ball and going home rather than voting for the terrible theocratic sweater-vest wearing lunatic.

Good Solid B-Plus on February 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

10 points!! PPP said that Santorum was ahead by 10 Points!!!

Priscilla on February 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

JannyMae on February 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

You mean this?
“True Conservatives(TM), union thugs, and Michael Moore friends combined couldn’t push Romney out.”

You can disagree with his phrasing, but doesn’t it succinctly sum up Santorum’s sabotage attempt in Michigan – and it’s disastrous result?

whatcat on February 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on February 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Nobody’s acted that way so far; why would we start now?

All the “I’m staying home” garbage is coming from the folk who wouldn’t deign to cast their vote for somebody associated too closely with the Hated Establishment.

KingGold on February 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Wait… da**it, I’m not supposed to actually be first. Can I change my answer?

Bishop on February 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

You were for being second after you were first…typical flip-flopper!

WashJeff on February 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Obama desperately needs a body man tonight!

profitsbeard on February 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

JannyMae on February 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

If that is your attitude, then you are pro-Obama. Face it. I would have to hold my nose with a vise to vote for Santorum, but I would do it to get rid of Obama. Clearly, you prefer a more liberal agenda.

Priscilla on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

10 points!! PPP said that Santorum was ahead by 10 Points!!!
Priscilla on February 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

There are two pollsters I would avoid depending on in making any serious political analysis; PPP and ARG.
Shady outfits with horrible records.

whatcat on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Credit the Tea Party for making sure that this primary process wasn’t a walk in the park for Romney, like it was for McCain. But the fact is, we’re years away from having an authentic Tea Party candidate who’s ready to run for POTUS.

I don’t know if all this talk about the economy improving and Obama looking like a good bet to be re-elected is just MSM spin, or if there’s actually something to it. But at this point, we need to stop all this infighting and focus on the big picture. This is not a typical election. Either we save the country from a Marxist getting a fatal 2nd term or we’re screwed.

Anyone on our side who’d rather see Obama get re-elected than see Romney win (to prove a point, of course) is an adolescent.

ardenenoch on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

obama is satan

gerrym51 on February 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Remember, when the federal government does it, it’s oppressive. When the state government does it, it’s like your dear old Dad putting his arm around you and saying, “I love you son, and you need to buy health insurance so I don’t have to take away your allowance your mother and I don’t have to pay for you, the poor, illegal aliens, moochers…”

Gladtobehere on February 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

obama is satan

gerrym51 on February 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

No, Satan is not that stupid.

RBMN on February 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Getting Obama out of office is the goal…..bottom line, exclamation point. Our country will not survive another 4 years of him.

If Romney is the nominee, he has my vote….but he doesn’t have my money, my boots on the ground, my enthusiasm or affection. He better know though, that I will be watching his every move over the next 4 years and keeping notes.

tencole on February 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Let’s keep it going boys and girls…

… Looks like a new debate on Saturday with the Huckster, then another vote next Tuesday!

Hang in there Newt…!!!

Seven Percent Solution on February 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

JannyMae on February 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Priscilla on February 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I find his Op Chaos antics despicable, but I’d still go with the ABO candidate even in a sure-to-lose case as there would be with Santorum.

whatcat on February 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on February 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I’ve never heard any Romney supporter say that here on HA or elsewhere, except about Paul. I’ll whole heartedly support whoever it is over Obame, up to and including a Rockem’ Sockem’ Robot.

On the other hand I consistently hear many self proclaimed True Conservatives(TM) bragging/threatening about how they’ll stay home, vote Obama, campaign for Obama, etc. if Romney wins just because they apparently hate the “republican establishemnt” more than they want to defeat Obama and save the country.

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

obama is satan

gerrym51 on February 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Well…
He goes to universities promising to hands out pills…

He is a snake in a garden…

Electrongod on February 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM

obama is satan

gerrym51 on February 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

No, Satan is not that stupid.

RBMN on February 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Bamn! Not even 50 comments in and we have a winner.

Kataklysmic on February 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

You’re needed in the Headlines.

RickB on February 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

If this keeps going on, Obama will be handed the election if it’s close. Romney is the only candidate that can beat Obama and it’s time for Republicans to rally behind him and get the campaign going. Gingrich is a bloated egotist and Santorum has killed himself with women voters. Gingrich doesn’t do well with them either. Romney is hardly perfect and makes mistakes but he will certainly be up to the task of beating Obama assuming the economy is the issue voters care about and there is no reason to think otherwise. As I have said before, if there is a contested nomination in late August it’s too late to start a real campaign. The party would be well advised to move the convention to mid July if this thing can’t be settled soon. There is simply no good reason not to nominate Romney at this point and get this thing on the road.

jake22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

So does this mean that it is Gods will for Romeny to win the primarY?

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

You wouldn’t have to feel bad, even voting for RP. He would have less than a poodles chance in Hades of winning, so it would just be a protest vote.

whatcat on February 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Sarah Palin is an uneducated drama queen and quitter. I don’t why anybody pays attention to her. She really needs to be ashamed of herself.

Chudi on February 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Kataklysmic on February 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Nah. She’s said it over and over that she’d support whoever gets the nomination since at least last summer. The mitt-bots hate her so much, they’ll whine if true to her word she campaigns for Mittness and readily slime her as being the millstone if he should win anyway. Just watch and see. As for myself, I’m voting 3rd party with or without Sarah’s support of him.

AH_C on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Romney is going to need Rubio to unite. Rubio can focus on the conservatives and Hispanics while Romney trys to get the indys
Romney is the nominee I don’t like it but if he gets a conservative on the ticket then i will have to vote for him

Conservative4ev on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

Somehow I think this quote is coming back into play..:)

Dire Straits on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

As for myself, I’m voting 3rd party with or without Sarah’s support of him.

AH_C on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Who is this 3rd party you speak of??..:)

Dire Straits on February 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

oh yes Romney 2012 feel the excitement people!

DBear on February 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Chudi on February 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Hey LIAR, you said you weren’t going to post here anymore, you poor Drama Queen.

RickB on February 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

oh yes Romney 2012 feel the excitement people!

DBear on February 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

You forgot the /sarc

Conservative4ev on February 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

JannyMae on February 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Please Janny, I know the feeling but get your emotion out of the way. Logic sister.

bazil9 on February 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

She really needs to be ashamed of herself.

Chudi on February 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Brought to you by Chudi™

Electrongod on February 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

whatcat on February 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I’d support Paul over Obama happily – half his foreign policy goofyness wouldn’t ever make it anywhere in the first place, but he’s the only one I’ve consistenly heard people say they’d sit home over other than Romney.

Swerve22 on February 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Obama just tweeted to Michael Moore: “Got any more #great# ideas lard man!?”

profitsbeard on February 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Wow..How do we bring everyone back under the big tent??!!??..Let me try..The GOP will betray you!..:)

*transferred from the election thread*

Dire Straits on February 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

oh yes Romney 2012 feel the excitement people!

DBear on February 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Well I’m golf clapping as loud as I can!

Marcus on February 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Conservative4ev on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I’d prefer Jindal or Paul Ryan. Jindal comes from an energy producing state and he has experience with health care matters, so he’d be able to bolster the ticket in 2 key areas. Ryan would make me feel much more secure about Romney actually tackling entitlement spending and the debt. I know he’s publicly praised Paul Ryan and his budget, but that would be taking his support a step further.

Either way, Romney did give a good speech tonight and he’s raised his game when he had to at recent debates. If he can stay away from silly gaffes and back off the class warfare pandering, he can sew this up soon and he’ll beat Obama in November. That Huckster debate will be interesting.

Doughboy on February 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

they’ll whine if true to her word she campaigns for Mittness
AH_C on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

If Romney were nominated and if she were to campaign for him, it would be in a limited manner. Although she incites devotion in a small group within the GOP, outside of that her negatives are just too high among the general voting public for her to have a high profile in the campaign.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

She really needs to be ashamed of herself.

Chudi on February 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Sure and who are you? Anonymous blog poster who know one knows. A freak show poster. I bet you would have bones flying out of your closet left and right. Oh yeah..I know..your not running for office. Neither is she. Ashamed? Your posts here are shameful. Take a look in the mirror sometime.

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

All that is left of Ricky is a pile of ashes and a charred sweater vest.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

ROMNEY KICKED SWEATER VEST ARSE!!!!!!

NEWT YOU RUSH!!

NEWT YOU LEVIN!!!!

NEWT YOU MR AND MRS SARAH PALIN!!!!!!

NEWT YOU BRETT BARE!!!! (yes i spelled it wrong on purpose)

NEWT YOU PINKSTATE AND THE REST OF YOU GEEKY BLOOOOGERS!!!!

ROMNEY KICKED ALL YOUR ARSES!!!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Jailbreak on February 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station Romney campaign!

Somehow I think this quote is coming back into play..:)

Dire Straits on February 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I agree.

Gladtobehere on February 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

HE’S ….The Standard.

This country is like the dinosaurs….seconds before the asteroid.

KirknBurker on February 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

But, but, but, but its GODS will that Rick Sanitorium be surging.
Karen Sanitorium.

Please, can somebody with a net come catch these lunatics. Its easy to spot them…they are the ones wearing sweater vests.

Jailbreak on February 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I remember in VA and NC, after McCain had wrapped up the nomination, those western, mountainous counties in Appalachia, Huckabee won those counties going away in those late primaries. It wasn’t even close! I sincerely hope the base will rally behind whomever wins the nomination to defeat Barack and his minions.

SouthernGent on February 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM

NEWT YOU BRETT BARE!!!! (yes i spelled it wrong on purpose)

Jailbreak on February 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

The only question is, “why”?

Bishop on February 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

HotAirian on February 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM

On federalism grounds.

Boy, that was easy. Next!!

JohnGalt23 on February 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Doughboy on February 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Oh you mean like the big old toads he said just yesterday and the day before??….he can’t stay away, he has no control…..those “gaffes” just pop out when ever they want to.
For Obama, he’s the gift that keeps on giving.

tencole on February 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

There’s still time for SMOD/Cthulhu 2012! It’s the only way to be sure.

Gladtobehere on February 29, 2012 at 12:15 AM

John Weaver is always the go to man for the press to bash the Rs….of course, maybe that’s because he’s worked for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee

moles…the R party is filled with them

r keller on February 29, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I’m sort of coming around to a Ron Paul nomination, at least he would provide a little crazy pizazz over the pure vanilla being foisted upon us by the GOP.

Bishop on February 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

VOTE ROMNEY!

LET the THOUSAND YEARS of DARKNESS BEGIN.

It was never the risk that Romney would lose to Obama (although that is likely).

It was the risk that he might win…and we’d be stuck with the destroyer of the GOP.

Unless Rand Paul is his Veep, you can forget unifying the anti-Obama coalition.

I will not vote for he that has contributd to the murder of innocent life.

KirknBurker on February 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

First.

Bishop on February 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Wait… da**it, I’m not supposed to actually be first. Can I change my answer?

Bishop on February 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

There are days I feel stressed…filling in for you.

KOOLAID2 on February 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM

First.

Bishop on February 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Loser, you violated your contract.

RickB on February 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM

John Weaver?

John Weaver???

We’re talking Steve Schmidt levels of credibility here.

I still can’t get wound up over these primaries. All of our candidates are deeply flawed. Their weaknesses cancel out.

I don’t give a sh** which one comes out on top.

ABO.

novaculus on February 29, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Tom Curry
Sounds about right, Santorum has been doing himself no favors as of late in the social issues area. He just couldn’t help himself, lack of discipline, it hurt him. Not sure about the Catholic vote aspect. They seem as a group to be center left so that may explain it. One thing is Rmoney definitely got the lib vote. I don’t care what anyone try’s to tell me. Its a fact.
Beth Reinhard
Pretty good article, hits the right points. Rmoney had to win and he did. It did cost him. The gaffes will never be enough to do serious damage. It just makes for bad optics on his part. The South will be a slog. Its soon so we will see if the momentum can carry him. The support down South ain’t strong and the voters will have to go kicking and screaming. The Win may have been ugly, but a win is a win.
JIM RUTENBERG
Wow, I had know idea Rmoney spent $30 million on TV to help win. That is telling. I don’t think the Tea Party is pitted against Mitt as much as they just aren’t real enthused by him. Tea Party folks just really want rid of 0 and want House and Senate gains. Who knows he might try to reach out to us yet. Nah. We will vote for him or whoever the nom is. But make no mistake there is no enthusiasm for Rmoney or anyone else. Just have to get rid of 0.
Video 1 Mitt looks beat, black bags under the eyes. Thanks the establishment types as he should. Mitt sounds fairly humble here and stays on track going after 0. Just as he should.

Congrats on the wins! I have said since 2008 that Rmoney was a fore gone conclusion. I still think that. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to see him work for it. He is further to the left then I would like, much the same way Santorum is too far to the right for me. I will vote for whomever the eventual nom is in the General. In the primary, well we shall see. I have still a few days to decide.

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

VOTE ROMNEY!

LET the THOUSAND YEARS of DARKNESS BEGIN.

Unless Rand Paul is his Veep, you can forget unifying the anti-Obama coalition.

I will not vote for he that has contributd to the murder of innocent life.

KirknBurker on February 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Obama is not just pro-abortion, he pro-infanticide. If it comes down to Romney vs. Obama, Romney (Obama’s echo) would be a better choice.

Gladtobehere on February 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Bishop on February 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Ron Paul would take the fight to Obama on every issue, with extraordinary glee.

But even as a Paul supporter, I’ll be the first to admit: If defeating Barack Obama is your number one issue, Ron Paul is not your choice.

Mitt Romney is.

JohnGalt23 on February 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Jailbreak on February 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

…says someone who probably puts on his pants on, then his boxer shorts…in that order!

KOOLAID2 on February 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Loser, you violated your contract.

RickB on February 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM

No problem. I’ll just put on my purple SEIU shirt, find a non-union guy in a wheelchair, beat the hell out of him, and get my contract reinstated.

Bishop on February 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Come on now Jailbait, can’t you even show some decency for a few minutes. Do me a favor go back over to the Rmoney open thread, huh , what do you say ole pal?

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I will not vote for he that has contributd to the murder of innocent life.
KirknBurker on February 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

You rejected Santorum for the same reason, correct? (e.g. his vote to fund PP)

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Bishop, see what I did there?
hehe

angrymike on February 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM

No problem. I’ll just put on my purple SEIU shirt
Bishop on February 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Wait a minute??!!??..You are a Vikings fan??!!!..:)

Dire Straits on February 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM

JohnGalt23 on February 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM

My number one issue now is keeping my family alive when everything comes tumbling down, and none of the clowns being offered up by the GOP is remotely close to having the seeds to put things right before the tumbling occurs.

Bishop on February 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Eh, better no ongoing jackassery in any thread.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM

what for dude?

Jailbreak on February 29, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Bishop on February 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM

+100. Your not alone. Some need to understand that.

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 12:26 AM

*transferred from the election thread*

Dire Straits on February 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

…your disciples tried on various threads all day today and yesterday…and I was screaming plagiarism….but they acted like Joe Biden and kept doing it!

KOOLAID2 on February 29, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Credit where due: Romney grinded out a victory when he needed it. Another testament to the importance of early/absentee voting in contemporary elections.

Would love to see a Romney campaign cash flow statement right about now. Can’t be pretty.

Robert_Paulson on February 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM

AngryMike! Good to see you! OHIO

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Yeah, good luck with that, its Jailbait. ; )

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM

angrymike on February 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Real funny. We’ll see who’s laughing when a busload of my union friends show up on your front lawn soon.

Bishop on February 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Bishop on February 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM

You expect any politician to save you/your family from Teh End Of The World As We Know It?

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

“A small group”…..Seriously?? What a maroon.
It was just at CPAC that they had to open 4 more viewing rooms for her speech.
or how about this…..http://www.twitvid.com/D5NTD

But we all know that Mitt doesn’t need any help drawing a crowd, now don’t we?….http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/mitt-romneys-ford-field-fumble/

tencole on February 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I will not vote for he that has contributd to the murder of innocent life.
KirknBurker on February 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

You rejected Santorum for the same reason, correct? (e.g. his vote to fund PP)

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 12:23 AM

BS! I voted for Gingrich in the Iowa Caucus (coin toss).

I’m for Santorum because he is practicing Catholic and at least a socon if not a fiscon.

Romney is left of center and has no idea who he is or why he is running other than to add it to his resume cause its cool.

Look, either way we lose if Romney is our candidate against O.

If Mittens wins, we are stuck with uber-squish.

If Mittens loses to O, we get the Marxist, but at least with a Senate that could slow him down.

Mitt will replace Kennedy on the SCOTUS with David Souter’s brother and boom, its over.

Mitt just sucks ….so…damn …..much.

KirknBurker on February 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM

what for dude?

Jailbreak on February 29, 2012 at 12:26 AM

….stink maybe?

KOOLAID2 on February 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM

what for dude?

Jailbreak on February 29, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Because you’re a good guy. Hows that?

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM

what for dude?

Jailbreak on February 29, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Look, if your gonna stay, how about cuing up a tune or two and relaxing?

Bmore on February 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Not me personally, no, but putting the nation back on the tough road to recovery, sure why not? But none of them will because they’ll be too worried about their social status, being adored by the media, and gladhanding their pals across the aisle.

It’s time to pay the fiddler, and the fiddler wants his money.

Bishop on February 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Robert_Paulson on February 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I’m sure that’s just what Obama’s thinking too….with a sly grin on his face.

tencole on February 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Romney: Islam Is a Peace-Loving Religion

Connie on February 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I know I sign onto HA to read Jailbreaks comments. I find them very insightful.

bazil9 on February 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Yes, we should gather the pearls of wisdom from the guy who was Cecil Huntsman’s and John McCain’s adviser.

whatcat on February 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM