Georgetown co-ed: Please pay for us to have sex … We’re going broke buying birth control

posted at 1:55 pm on February 28, 2012 by Tina Korbe

At a hearing of the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee yesterday, a single witness — Georgetown law student and “reproductive rights activist” Sandra Fluke — told sympathetic policy-makers that the administration’s so-called contraception mandate should stand … because her peers are going broke buying birth control.

“Forty percent of the female students at Georgetown Law reported to us that they struggled financially as a result of this policy (Georgetown student insurance not covering contraception),” Fluke reported.

It costs a female student $3,000 to have protected sex over the course of her three-year stint in law school, according to her calculations.

“Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school,” Fluke told the hearing.

Craig Bannister at CNSNews.com did the math — and discovered that these co-eds, assuming they’re using the cheapest possible contraception, must be having sex about three times a day every day to incur that kind of expense. What Fluke is arguing, then, is that her fellow law students have a right to consequence-free sex whenever, wherever. Why, exactly, especially if it costs other people something? When I can’t pay for something, I do without it. Fortunately, in the case of contraception, women can make lifestyle choices that render it unnecessary.

At one point, Fluke mentions a friend who felt “embarrassed and powerless” when she learned her insurance didn’t cover contraception. Can you imagine how proud and empowered that same friend would be if she learned she has the ability to resist her own sexual urges? We can only assume she doesn’t know that because Fluke and she both labor under the illusion that contraception is a medical necessity.

Some little part of Fluke must recognize that it’s not … because she sought to bolster her argument with an example of an illness in which contraception might be a medically necessary treatment. Another friend of hers, she said, has polycystic ovarian syndrome, for which contraception is a common treatment. Some insurance programs that don’t cover contraception normally would nevertheless cover it as a treatment for PCOS — but other insurance programs wouldn’t. Fluke makes it sound like contraception is the only treatment for PCOS. In fact, it isn’t — and contraception is prescribed as a treatment only when the woman also wants to contracept. Fluke says her friend is a lesbian — and so wouldn’t need contraception. Why didn’t she opt for any of the other treatments, then?

At the end of her testimony, Fluke spoke in strong language of her resentment of university administrators and others who suggest she should have chosen to attend a different university that would have offered student insurance that does cover contraception — even if that other university wasn’t quite as prestigious as Georgetown.

“We refuse to pick between a quality education and our health and we resent that, in the 21st Century, anyone thinks it’s acceptable to ask us to make that choice simply because we are women,” Fluke said.

Ms. Fluke, I resent that you think women are incapable of controlling themselves, of sacrificing temporary pleasure for the sake of long-term success. You make us sound like animals, slaves to our instincts and able to be used, but we’re better than that. We’re persons, equal to men in dignity and love.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 9

Real Americans always laugh and sneer at their betters. Makes them feel less inadequate. Guess if my house had wheels I would too.

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:33 PM

CONS! Soon QueeninCT will revert to calling you “racefans”, cons. And then you will be pwn3d, cons.

Walter Sobchak on February 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Remind me again why you know so much about gay cruises?

Archivarix on February 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM

My vasectomy solves the problem of all these suffering co-eds. Form a line ladies.

hanzblinx on February 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Admittedly I’m not the sharpest tool in the drawer, but why does this guy want us to pay for birth control for the women he sleeps with?

kit dinker on February 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I can’t quit laughing. Then I realize she might actually believe what she is saying. This whole thing really isn’t a joke?! If that is true then wth is wrong with her? I have to agree with a previous poster. I believe a higher education does make you more stupid in some instances. Or maybe most.

Trinityangel on February 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Did anyone ask her if she wanted the government to buy her flowers?
Did anyone ask her if she wanted the government to buy her candy?
Did anyone ask her if she wanted the government to buy her booze?
Did anyone ask her if she wanted the government to buy her dinner?
Did anyone ask her if she wanted the government to buy her some cigarettes for afterwards?

Freddy on February 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Hey, no fair, the government never gets me any of that stuff when it screws me.

RINO in Name Only on February 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Hmm, a Georgetown law student learned at the pharmacy counter ‘for the first time’ that contraception is not covered under her insurance policy. Apparently that means that she did not read her policy coverages. Didn’t read before acting – hey, maybe she has a future on congress!
And what is up with the tool over her left shoulder who keeps nodding his head?

maryo on February 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Why shouldn’t they be able to get a plan with coverage suitable to their own situation?

SarahW on February 28, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Of course they should be able to get a plan with contraceptive coverage. I should be able to get a plan the excludes contraceptive coverage–and her cost shouldn’t be transferred to me.

You might be having a debate on how best to reform the healthcare system. This hearing today was about an entitled young woman wanted her “stuff” for “free”.

The way to reform healthcare is (was) through free-market reforms. The democrats went exactly the opposite way.

RedCrow on February 28, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I call B.S. She’s a law student; she can’t do math.

drewwerd on February 28, 2012 at 3:41 PM

karenhasfreedom on February 28, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Choose the birth control or none that suits you. Don’t presume to tell others what is the best medical choice. That is between a woman and her physician, and the standard of care and the substantial body of evidence that supports one method over another for any given individual.

Prevention of pregnancy is not the only benefit of hormones, and you are ridiculous for implying that it is somehow not only against nature but more harmful than beneficial to employ them for any purpose.

SarahW on February 28, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I’ll make it easy for you. Most people just don’t care. Use pills, don’t use pills, find something else. Whatever.

Just don’t ask us to pay for it. If you can’t afford it, then perhaps it’s time to reevaluate your life choices and/or redo your budget.

I’m really finding it mind boggling why some find the concept of “user pay” difficult.

kim roy on February 28, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Molested? Fondly? I can only imagine what goes on in your doublewide. I pity you and those around you.

Really.

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:37 PM

It was your messiah Barry Odumbo who wrote that wistful ode to a known child molester, Queenie, not me.

Walter Sobchak on February 28, 2012 at 3:42 PM

kit dinker on February 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM

OK. I see what you did with that.

LMAO!

MNHawk on February 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Yes, we’re laughing AT you.

kim roy on February 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:33 PM

You believe that, Spanky. You just try and believe while you’re in the fetal position underneath your fire hazard desk that we all live in “houses with wheels” (not that there’s anything wrong with having a home, is there?) and trying not to obsess over Bristol Palin on some conservative blog wondering what went very very wrong in your life.

We’re not the ones with a desperate ad on line trying to troll for dates with the lame-arse “I’ll even watch chick flicks” beta whine.

So sure, some of us may live in “houses on wheels”, but we aren’t you and that’s all that matters.

kim roy on February 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Stop having sex or pay for your own birth control. Life is tough, and then it gets harder. Deal with it.

lukjuj on February 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Reproductive rights? What about our homosexual brethren? Oh nvm.

Trinityangel on February 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM

SarahW on February 28, 2012 at 3:25 PM

My sister is a cancer doctor. There are serious side effects to the pill. Even worse, are the hormone replacement therapy pills that doctors are handing out like candy. THOSE HRT pills are linked to breast cancer. My sister is VERY LIBERAL, a rabid pro-choicer, the whole 9 yards. Yet, she did NOT take HRT to help with all of the very uncomfortable physical issues of menopause. She really does not think it is safe. I followed her lead when my time came. I trust her medical training and judgement implicitly.

karenhasfreedom on February 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM

kim roy on February 28, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Because to these people, “I’m not paying for your contraceptives” really means “you can’t have birth control EVER, and you should really be barefoot and pregnant while you’re baking that pie, shouldn’t you?”

Or something…I’m not spending a lot of time trying to figure out the logic, because I’m getting tired of blood shooting out of my ears.

El Dillo on February 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM

The U.S. Education system throws condoms at children in Middle School and High School like they’re throwing Mardi Gras beads… and this woman would have us all believe that they can’t get free condoms at a University?

If all she is worried about is Birth-Control pills and their cost so women can have unprotected sex then she’s a lousy shopper and obviously not a coupon clipper, and she’s playing Russian roulette. In fact, Planned Parenthood will give any woman who asks for them free Birth-Control pills and even free GYN exams if they qualify. No insurance required.

I would also like to know why a woman that can even afford to attend Georgetown University Law — how the heck can they NOT afford birth control pills? They only cost between $20 – $50 per month if you can’t get them for free.

She’s just a disingenuous tool. Nothing more.

FlatFoot on February 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Where did El Presidente Downgrade get the authority to order private companies to hand out free stuff?

Chip on February 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM

What? Have you been reading the Limbaugh Letter? Don’t listen to drug addicts.

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Wow, you didn’t even try to answer that.

So by implication, are you saying that El Presidente Downgrade has exceeded his oath of office?

Chip on February 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Tina does the video have to come on automatically?

Dr Evil on February 28, 2012 at 3:50 PM

QueeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:37 PM

BTW, Queenie, you never answered my question. Was birth control not available to Stanly Ann in the early ’60′s? Why did she get knocked up by some drunken loser like Barry Sr? Was Obama’s Mama a dirty trailer park slut?

Walter Sobchak on February 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM

This is when the ref jumps in and stops the fight.

MNHawk on February 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM

hanzblinx on February 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM

THREAD WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

(you men are SO predictable!!!) LOL

karenhasfreedom on February 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Just called PP. Birth control plus an annual exam is under $300/year.

Vera on February 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Sandra Fluke = crr6?

No wonder she hasn’t posted recently…she been gettin’ busy.

Cloture on February 28, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Walter Sobchak on February 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Did you know there are nude pictures of her? Google them.

karenhasfreedom on February 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Walter Sobchak on February 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM

My my, what an angry patriot! Such terrible language too! I guess when you’re WT you don’t learn how to conduct yourself like a decent person. Sigh…

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Let’s see, going through my checklist for my daughter who starts college next year…..

1) Good academic programs – check
2) Early-in and financial aid forms ready – check
3) Contraception paid for by college – ?????

BacaDog on February 28, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I strongly suggest her male counterparts at Georgetown avoid consorting with her and her friends. Yeesh.

jake49 on February 28, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Protected sex three times a day for three dollars a day?

$1 per pop?

WHERE CAN I SIGN UP?!?!

cane_loader on February 28, 2012 at 3:56 PM

“Forty percent of the female students at Georgetown Law reported to us that they struggled financially as a result of this policy

Scr*W you lady, Pun intended. It’s not my obligation to pay for YOUR SEXUAL HABITS.

TX-96 on February 28, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Choose the birth control or none that suits you. Don’t presume to tell others what is the best medical choice. That is between a woman and her physician.

SarahW on February 28, 2012 at 3:25 PM

As is the expense. Don’t presume to tell others to get between a woman and her physician with their wallet, and not respect their opinion on how their money is to be used.

Insurance is for mitigating risk. If someone is engaging in a risky activity with 100% chance of having after effects… then they should absorb the cost entirely themselves.

dominigan on February 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I don’t care. Get a part time job if it’s that important to you.

darwin on February 28, 2012 at 4:02 PM

GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW: Where minds are opened. And legs as well.

fusionaddict on February 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM

1) Good academic programs – check
2) Early-in and financial aid forms ready – check
3) Contraception paid for by college – ?????

Exactly and if you happen to be Catholic you might have added Catholic college to that list, as if that really means anything anymore…and to think Georgetown actually used to be a Catholic instituion…

ironmarshal on February 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM

QueeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Was she or wasn’t she, Queenie? Was Stanly Ann a slut or not? Why didn’t the “typical white woman” Granny Toot make sure that Stanly Ann had access to contraceptives and/or an abortion?

And I’m not angry, Queenie. At least not at you. I find your deflection and projection quite amusing.

Walter Sobchak on February 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Fluke says her friend is a lesbian

…Tina pointed out, with a subtle note of irony modulating her otherwise strictly factual tone.

mr.blacksheep on February 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM

What’s her phone number?

Smedley on February 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Really.

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Thanks to your online pic, we know what goes on in your place — you’re a hoarder.

I pity those around you, because if there are people who can stand you, they’re buried underneath newspapers from the nineties.

Really.

L.N. Smithee on February 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I’m writing this against my better judgment, but during an especially difficult financial crunch, my wife and I had no health insurance and no money for contraceptives. Certainly no money for kids. So what did we do? Yes, that right, kiddies.

We had no sex. For months. Nothing. I kept it in and she kept it in and we stayed faithful to each other. We took long walks hand in hand, we learned new ways of kissing, and we made it work.

If a married couple can use good sense, why not a law school? If you don’t have money, you don’t have money.

JoseQuinones on February 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM

SarahW on February 28, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Perfectly stated: don’t drag me and my tax $$ into it…

affenhauer on February 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Since it takes at least two to have sex, why not whare the cost?

lea on February 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Having the video start-up automatically is perilously close to shoving things down our throats –

is it the HotAir mandate, nowadays?

OhEssYouCowboys on February 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Where does HA find these people? it is so embarressing to know that this great country has gotten to this low level.
Onc a great poet said:
Good Morals=Good Nation
No Morals=No Nation

evergreenland on February 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM

. . . and they’re making lawyers out of these oversexed idiots?

rplat on February 28, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Perhaps she should learn to swallow.

bloviator on February 28, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Did you know there are nude pictures of her? Google them.

karenhasfreedom on February 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Yeah, I’ve seen ‘em.

Walter Sobchak on February 28, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Craig Bannister at CNSNews.com did the math — and discovered that these co-eds, assuming they’re using the cheapest possible contraception, must be having unprotected sex about three times a day every day to incur that kind of expense.

That’s what you call working girls, if you get my drift. Perhaps they can get their pimps to cover the cost.

lonestarleeroy on February 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM

If she is so concerned about her peers having to spend $3,000 on birth control over three years, why doesn’t she offer them the $2,997 she won’t need to spend?

OrbeaRider66 on February 28, 2012 at 4:15 PM

what’s the record for the most comments on a post?

mjbrooks3 on February 28, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Chip on February 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM

What? Have you been reading the Limbaugh Letter? Don’t listen to drug addicts.

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Wow, you didn’t even try to answer that.

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Do you have an answer for that yet?

Chip on February 28, 2012 at 4:17 PM

How much does that IPhone cost over those three years?

Folks, this is no slippery slope. This is a a bottom-less ravine. Just imagine a similar argument from say, Univ. of Tenn.

“Alcohol costs the average male student over $17,000 over his 4 year career as an undergraduate…add in the $3,000 it costs for birth control for the women and you can see how vital it is for free contraception and alcohol for college students.”

BobMbx on February 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I assume part of that $3,000 price tag is for the abortions she’ll get when the 12% condom failure rate kicks in.

So I’m supposed to work hard to create tax revenue so ghetto people and liberal college whores alike can breed indiscriminately.

In November I’ll be voting for an earth-destroying meteor.

Crusty on February 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM

“When you set up a board to decide whose medical needs are legitimate and whose are not, a woman’s medical needs take a back seat…” – Sandra Fluke

Welcome to Obamacare, Ms. Fluke. Now that that’s settled, how ’bout we go back to your place and get ‘active’.

PorchDawg on February 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM

What a loser! I’m a woman and I managed to make it through law school, graduate in the top 5% of my class, and not get pregnant. I didn’t need to government to order someone else to take responsibility for my uterus and reproduction, which I thought were two of the many goals of the whole feminist movement in the first place.

I swear, Progs like this witch will claim to be pro-choice, but make no mistake:

PROGS ARE ONLY PRO-CHOICE WHEN IT COMES TO UTERI, RECTUMS, AND POT. WITH REGARD TO EVERYTHING ELSE, THEY ARE TOTALITARIAN CONTROL FREAKS.

This woman CHAMPIONED DEMOCRATS WHEN THEY PASSED LEGISLATION THAT WILL DENY ME, A GROWN WOMAN, OF MY CHOICE TO DECIDE THE KIND OF HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY THAT I WANT TO PURCHASE BEGINNING IN 2014.

Do NOT forget that Progs were behind Prohibition and the “Absolute Shall” failed absolutely because, in the end, Americans hate these sanctimonious, pompous, elitist, holier-than-thou, hypocritical, know-it-alls, who believe that they know what is better for the hoi polloi than the hoi polloi themselves.

Keep your laws off of my body, out of my health insurance policy, out of my larder, out of my cupboards, out of my medicine cabinet, out of my business, out of my bedroom (yeah, I’m talking to you Progs with your mattress tag police and curly Q lightbulbs), out of my car, out of my financial transactions, out of my contractual relationships and out of my bloody wallet.

Fund your utopia without me.

Resist We Much on February 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM

QueeninCT once went to a NASCAR race in the hopes that some toothless drunken inbreds would take one look at his purdy mouth and go all Deliverance on his ass, but they rejected him (after he spent an entire week practicing squealing like a piggy). That’s why Queenie hates “race fans”.

Walter Sobchak on February 28, 2012 at 4:21 PM

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I believe the correct response to your hubris is to suggest you take the log out of your own eye before trying to take the splinter out of another person’s eye.

BTW the best term for you is Hypocrite.

chemman on February 28, 2012 at 4:22 PM

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Oh my goodness, thank you for this. I now understand why liberals obsessively laugh and sneer at Sarah Palin.

DrMagnolias on February 28, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Wait……They can afford Georgetown Law school, but can’t afford contraception?!!! Cry me a river, young ladies. Maybe if you can’t afford it, then you should refrain from having sex altogether.

Susanboo on February 28, 2012 at 4:24 PM

If this lawyer screws her client for 100 bucks an hour, does she still keep her 40%?

dthorny on February 28, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Walter Sobchak on February 28, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Please save the redneck rape fantasies for your fellow tin box dwellers.

Thanks!

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM

As the graduate of a Jesuit university, I can say their is nothing more embarrassing to the Catholic Church than the Society of Jesus (aka the Jesuits). Georgetown is a Jesuit University.

bw222 on February 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Perhaps she enjoys speaking for her fellow students who seem to have sex all the time. In her case – it’s hard to believe she has – sort of the Janet Napolitano syndrome. Janet loves the body searches at the airport – it’s the only time someone touches her!

I do not want to pay for anyone’s birth control, abortions, viagra, boob jobs, face lifts, hair plugs – on and on. All of this is OPTIONAL – not a NECESSITY.

IlonaE on February 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I’ve been to about 15 different gay pride parades over the years. Every year, about half of the official “floats” have people throwing sealed condom packets to the crowd, often with promotional ads on them. At Mardi Gras the krews throw beaded necklaces to the crowds; at gay pride parades, they throw promotional condoms.

How can they afford to do this? Because condoms are cheap. Dirt cheap.

One years, in a sort of obsessive-compulsive collector’s mania, I collected as many free condoms as I could, to see how many different promotional messages they had. When I finished counting, I had 43 different styles of promotional condoms, and over 200 total condoms altogether.

Total cost: $0.

Furthermore, many urban clinics (AIDS clinics, Planned Parenthood clinics, etc.) routinely hand out condoms free to all takers. They often have big bowls of them on the front desk.

On top of that, if endless supplies of free condoms aren’t your thing, you can buy boxes of 100 condoms, from well-known name brands, for $24.95 or less (http://www.discountcondomking.com/ , for example).

So, really, condoms should cost you somewhere between 0¢ and 25¢ each, if you plan ahead.

So, if she copulated with 1000 different random boys, one on every single day of her 1000 days attending Georgetown, then her total contraception cost should be somewhere between $0 and $250, for her entire post-graduate career.

Then again, in the real world, the boy is the one who often has a condom on him at the end of a date, making its cost a moot point, since the girl didn’t pay for it.

Oh, and if you plan on being promiscuous like this, then all the best progressive advice sites say you’ve got to use condoms, since no other form of birth control protects you from all the nasty STDs out there in “hook-up land.”

Let’s just get it out in the open:

Free contraception for everyone = promotion of loveless promiscuity = the intentional destruction of monogamy = the destruction of the nuclear family = the essential precursor to a total communist revolution.

This equation is spelled out clearly in many early communist texts. And they’ve been trying to make it a reality ever since.

Zombie on February 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Quick research: From Planned Parenthood’s website. On the highest end, birth control pills cost $50 a month…but can cost as little as $15. Still, at the high end, that equates to $600 a year or $1,800 over the course of 3 years. This very easy to find FACT calls Ms. Fluke’s complete testimony total and complete BS. If she’ll make this crap up, she’ll make it all up.

What is it with Ivy League law schools like Georgetown, that has produced Ms. Fluke and Harvard that has produced Mr. Obama that all seem so extraordinarily prolific as liars? They just make crap up and say it. Where does this mentality come from? It’s like a pathology! And YOU KNOW that some Democrat out there is now going to start running around quoting Ms. Fluke. She said it, therefore her BS is now in the record. I’ve got $5 that says Nancy Pelosi will be the first to quote Ms. Fluke in her hand wringing testimony.

PorchDawg on February 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM

What? Have you been reading the Limbaugh Letter? Don’t listen to drug addicts.

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 2:45 PM

And yet you listen to Obowma? a self confessed cocaine user and seller?

HYPOCRITE.

dthorny on February 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Did she need a sex break or two during the hearings?

Wine_N_Dine on February 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Georgetown law student and “reproductive rights activist” Sandra Fluke

A few of thoughts:

1)- Isn’t that some sort of oxymoron, as Miss. Sandra Flake seems determined not to exercise her right to reproduce.

Fluke reported.

2)- One would like to think that a female law student at Goergetown would have the maturity and the intellectual wherewithal to chose sexual partners who could be counted upon to at least pay for and provide their own Trojans?

3)- Moreover, there are plenty of enterprising young women in Washington DC who have been able to turn extra-marital sex into a revenue stream.

If Miss Sandra Fluke etal are unable or unwilling to choose responsible sexual partners with whom to enter mutually supportive committed relationships, well then perhaps Miss Sandra Fluke etal should at least resist the temptation to give it away for free.

Mike OMalley on February 28, 2012 at 4:30 PM

there’s no way that ‘chick’ is getting hammered like chop meat three times a day unless she’s giving it away to anybody that would take it. I guess the political nerds would hit that its their only option.

Your Mamma loves me on February 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha!

Well written, Tina.

Random on February 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM

JoseQuinones on February 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM

You mean you couldn’t afford something so you did without until you could? Fascinating concept.

What you hear is the sound of liberal heads exploding.

BTW, what a sweet story and a lovely relationship you and the wife have. :)

kim roy on February 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Uggg.

Thought I was reading a post by AP…it then dawned on me about halfway down it was yet another preachy moralizing post by Tina.

Pablo Honey on February 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM

This poor, poor, Georgetown street urchin … so much money to spend on not getting pregnant, and so little money for bread and milk.

Georgetown law students … the new poverty.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM

What’s her phone number?

Smedley on February 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Just check any restroom door at Georgetown (mens or womens).

bw222 on February 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM

real americans! stroke it in front of webcams with cool dud3s

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM

You know, many abortions cost $1k or more. If Ms Fluke is defining abortion as contraception, her pricing makes sense. Of course, this also means that she and her comrads never plan on using anything else, other than abortion, as a contraceptive- exactly the sort of attitude that the abortion industry claims doesn’t exist.

Book on February 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM

real americans! stroke it in front of webcams with cool dud3s

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM

It’s better than the usual real american diversions of meth and nascar I suppose.

Enjoy!

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Is pregnancy now an airborne illness?

As I recall, I was aware …even as an undergrad, that some activities don’t pose a risk of pregnancy.

krome on February 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I feel powerless. Whatever.

JellyToast on February 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I can’t imagine this girl getting 3,000 dollars worth of sex unless it’s with Elliot Spitzer

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Don’t listen to drug addicts.

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 2:45 PM

If a drug addict is someone who can not or is not willing to do what is necessary to stop consuming a drug would that then make the Georgetown girl an addict?…and then by your logic we should not listen to her! You are so wise oh benevolent one! What other addictions should I pay for? I know I only have a doctorate and so my double-wide only has the 1 window but if I see a crack addict outside my window should I be obligated to pay for his next fix?

…maybe if its you I think i might…you sound like you need it.

(yes, I realize you were referring to Limbaugh’s addiction(yes, I think you are too dumb to get the reference on your own so I did have to use the parenthesis(yes, using a parenthetical in a parenthetical is rarely used and therefore noticeable and cute(thanks for noticing!))))

airmonkey on February 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Really.

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Poor thing…you really shouldn’t sneer at those inbreds and rednecks as you so nicely call them.

Looking at your profile picture..with your fivehead, wide-set and sunken eyes….it’s obvious your family tree is missing a multitude of branches.

And you really better clean up the basement before your mommy gets home and grounds you from watching chick flicks.

HumpBot Salvation on February 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM

dthorny on February 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Well, yeah. Hypocrite, liar, liberal. I’m pretty sure they’re all grouped as synonyms in Roget’s. Seriously. They just make crap up and say it. Barack Obama told over 20 lies and gross exaggerations of fact in his 40 minute speech health care to the joint session of congress and the American people. Over 20 lies in 40 minutes. That’s more than one lie every two minutes. And the guy that got in trouble was the one guy out there with the courage to call him on it. Apparently, in congress, calling someone on their lies is more offensive than the lies themselves. How pathetic is that? How messed up is that?

PorchDawg on February 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Enjoy!

KeninCT on February 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

no…it’s not

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Santorum is looking better and better due to people like this.

At least he wouldn’t put up with this mandate. Romney, I am not so sure that he wouldn’t just listen to this girl’s story and have “pity” on her for having to buy her own contraception so she can have her casual sex.

Sterling Holobyte on February 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM

GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW: Where minds are opened. And legs as well.

fusionaddict on February 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I agree on the legs are opened part, but not minds. This gal’s testimony is a testament to utter stupidity. Her mind is clearly not open to the concept of personal responsibility.

climbnjump on February 28, 2012 at 4:38 PM

link that profile pic Humpbot

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 4:38 PM

If she’s going broke paying for contraceptives maybe she should charge her customers more..

HotAirian on February 28, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Minor correction – Georgetown isn’t Ivy League. Since the Ivy League is a sports conference, and Georgetown isn’t in it, it isn’t Ivy League. Georgetown plays in the Big East.

I don’t disagree with any of your points, but I had to point that out. Call me a perfectionist, sorry.

Professor de la Paz on February 28, 2012 at 4:39 PM

What you hear is the sound of liberal heads exploding.

BTW, what a sweet story and a lovely relationship you and the wife have. :)

kim roy on February 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM

This reminded me of when I was in law school. I ate so much canned soup that, after I graduated, I couldn’t eat canned soup, again, for years.

Oh, my 3rd year, I lived in a converted frat house – they just put locks on the doors – and I had a hot plate to heat my soup. I had no phone, no table, no chairs and no oven. The refrigerator and the restrooms and the showers were first come, first serve – at the end of the hall.

But, I did have instant coffee!

This pitiful soul, complaining about her birth control conundrum … sickens me to death.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 28, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I bet she had a purse full of phone numbers before she left the capital building.

pugwriter on February 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM

But, she would get him to take his socks off…one mask for her and another for him for extra, blackout protection.

Even that creep would chew off his arm in the morning.

Resist We Much on February 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM

$1,000/yr on contraception vs. $47,000/yr tuition and fees for Georgetown Law School. Hmmm…I wonder which one is making her go broke…

At least we know where lefties get the idea that our fiscal situation can be solved by cutting small budget items while leaving social security and medicare alone…

rcpjr on February 28, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I’d like to hear what other Georgetown Law School students and alumni have to say about Ms. Fluke’s testimony.

Does Ms. Fluke really represent the dire needs of her classmates accurately?

Will the Georgetown Law School Administration provide a rebuttal to Ms. Fluke’s testimony?

Will Ms. Fluke’s testimony be covered in the school newspaper, the Georgetown Law Weekly?

This should create quite an interesting “dialogue” on campus.

In the meantime, Ms. Fluke is damaging the reputation of Georgetown Law School.

Ms. Fluke’s classmates, who are probably struggling financially just to pay their tuition, may not appreciate having their future potential employers laughing at their alma mater as a result of her ridiculous testimony.

wren on February 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on February 28, 2012 at 4:39 PM

you’re supposed to be a liberal jack wagon in college…that’s what I tell myself for comfort.

DHChron on February 28, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Isn’t she embarrased to even get up and testify to being so stupid!

How about keeping an asperin between your knees!
My heck, what have we created in our universities.

Bambi on February 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Pablo Honey on February 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Yes. And I’m on board with you on this 99 times out of a hundred. But this time we have some funny writing (see my comment at 4:31 pm), especially considering the source. And even some libertarian reasoning.

So I give this Tina post a pass.

Random on February 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM