Virginia Republican: My wife won’t have sex with me thanks to the uproar over this ultrasound bill

posted at 8:20 pm on February 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

I heard about this on Friday but ignored it on the assumption that he had uttered one tin-eared off-color line in the course of an otherwise sober floor speech. Nope. If you’re late to the game too, watch it now. This guy is in full-blown stand-up mode and, as you’ll hear from the laughter, it worked like a charm. Even the Democrats in the hall were hooting. Can’t remember the last time that happened with a viral clip of a Republican saying something outre.

Crisis for the “indignation industry”: Is this grounds for some patented manufactured outrageously outrageous outrage, or does the bipartisan laughter render Albo largely immune?

I asked Albo what exactly he was thinking when he went public with such, uh, information. Here’s what he said:

“My speech was not during normal business of the House. It was during the ‘Morning Hour,’ which is an informal time prior to discussing and voting on bills. During the ‘Morning Hour,’ delegates announce meetings, welcome people to the House such as the local Garden Club or home town visitors, tell stories, or comment on current events.”

“The speech was poking fun at me and a humorous look at our lives as delegates. We get caught up in the rhetoric down here in Richmond, and when we go home, our families and friends remind us what ‘normal’ people think. It seemed to ‘hit a chord’ with the members because both Republicans and Democrats stood and clapped. They knew exactly what it’s like to go home and have your spouse give you his/her opinion of what really matters. … Maybe I should ‘leave the comedy to the professionals.’”

To answer the question posed above: Nothing renders a Republican fully immune from paint-by-numbers indignation. Said the Fairfax County Democratic Committee, “To Delegate Albo, women’s health is not a serious issue, but a punch line, and the floor of the House of Delegates is a locker room, where men can swap jokes about their wives.” So there you go. Box checked.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The secondary subject of this thread would not go down well in England. :)

OldEnglish on February 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM

My sister-in-law married a Brit and lives in England. Her teenage daughters titter amongst themselves whenever they hear talk of fanny packs from the Yanks in the family.

cam2 on February 27, 2012 at 10:27 PM

i always thought that at the core of conservatism was male sexual frustration.

sesquipedalian on February 27, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Not when one of your favorite things to do is romance and bed rich, beautiful, liberal women … and walk away when they least expect it, sending them to another appointment with their shrinks. Doesn’t get better than that.

TXUS on February 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM

“No nookie for you…ONE YEAR!”

AubieJon on February 27, 2012 at 10:38 PM

And why is this important?, it started out as a lighthearted post — fanny packs have been so tabu for so long that I just wanted to speak up for my peeps. We have enough negative stereotypes to answer to, without being accused of donning fanny packs.

Bike courier bags for the OWS generation and computer bags for us older folks.

urban elitist on February 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Taboo.

Tabu is either a club in the MGM Grand or an F.W. Murnau movie from 1931.

Or maybe you meant t.A.T.u.?

Good Solid B-Plus on February 27, 2012 at 10:55 PM

TXUS on February 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Wow, in a good way.

FLconservative on February 27, 2012 at 11:04 PM

This bill is nothing but legalized rape.

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM

On social issues, I’m fairly liberal, but this is just stupid. And when I use the word “stupid”, it’s not from my lack of vocabulary to come up with a more a nuanced statement.

thuja on February 28, 2012 at 12:08 AM

The life of unborn children is much more important to me than the sex life of a politician. Sorry you married a petty vindictive woman, you jackass.

PalinLover on February 28, 2012 at 7:31 AM

If my husband pulled something like this, he’d be sleeping with the dogs.

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 27, 2012 at 8:40 PM

If my wife pulled something like this, she’d be an ex-wife. “Using” sex to manipulate a spouse is destructive to the relationship.

Over50 on February 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Albo proves once again that libs have little sense of humor. Maybe if he had said that the wife is usually barefoot in the kitchen and not trying to control his votes on behalf of his constituents by withholding sex, the joke would have been better received.

Tabu is a cologne from the 40′s.

Kissmygrits on February 28, 2012 at 9:49 AM

i always thought that at the core of conservatism was male sexual frustration.

sesquipedalian on February 27, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Show you know little about either Conservatives OR Sex with your wife? Maybe you rely on ultrasound stimulation…

dahni on February 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM

This bill is nothing but legalized rape.

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I’m going to assume you’ve never been raped.

Esthier on February 28, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Honestly I thought it was pretty funny.

netster007x on March 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM