Chris Christie: I’d consider it if Romney asked me to be his VP

posted at 2:30 pm on February 27, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Chris Christie has resisted every temptation to run for president, but he’s no longer sure he’d be able to resist the temptation to join the GOP ticket as the vice presidential nominee. If Mitt Romney asked, he just might say yes, he said yesterday.

Christian Heinze of the website GOP12 notes that Christie, the popular sharp-tongued Republican who endorsed Mitt Romney’s candidacy for president, is now singing a different tune when asked about being on the GOP ticket in 2012.

“If Gov. Romney were to come and talk to me about it, I would listen because I love my party enough and I love my country enough to listen,” Christie said on CBS’ Face the Nation on Sunday.

As Heinze reported on Monday, Christie last year said, “Can you see me as somebody’s vice president? I mean, who would be that poor guy? You know, I just don’t think that my personality is necessarily suited to being No. 2.”

In all likelihood, Mitt Romney won’t ask Chris Christie to be his running mate. No matter how valuable Christie has been to Romney throughout the primary process, Christie wouldn’t diversify Romney’s ticket in the strategic ways a vice presidential nominee should. Like Romney himself, Christie’s executive experience is in a Northeastern, blue state. The white, Anglo-Saxon Catholic Christie wouldn’t do much to attract the crucial Latino vote or to reassure anxious evangelicals.

Then, too, Christie’s year-old remarks still ring true. His strong, forceful personality isn’t suited to a No. 2 position — and to sacrifice him as the governor of New Jersey to sideline him as vice president makes no more sense for the conservative movement at large than it does for Mitt Romney’s prospects of a victory in the general election.

It’s polite of Christie to say he’d consider a Mitt Romney offer — and it’s also a dramatic way to emphasize that he thinks Mitt Romney and no other GOP candidate should be the nominee — but nothing more.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

One more guy who’s in the game instead of sitting on the sidelines chirping on a.m. radio or on Fox News.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Well he is the only other reasonable option after Rubio was found to have a Mormon past.

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

And I’d consider not voting for that ticket.

flyfisher on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I don’t know if he has gravitas, but he has gravity.

RBMN on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Did I miss the part where the GOP had any shot of carrying New Jersey?

Lost in Jersey on February 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM

And I’d consider not voting for that ticket.

flyfisher on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Whatever will we do if we lose your all-important vote in November?

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM

O/T,

BREAKING……………….

@abc7newsBayArea tweeted:
**************************

#BREAKING:
**********

Roosevelt Middle School in Oakland is on lockdown. Police are searching for a gunman in the area.

Submitted 11 mins ago from twitter.com/abc7newsBayArea
============================

Roosevelt Middle School in Oakland is on lockdown as police search for a gunman in the area
*************************

canopfor on February 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM

canopfor on February 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM

at some point you think the HA editors would ask if this article is worthy of a main post… maybe that is asking too much of HotGas

gatorboy on February 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Better a Mormon past than a Marxist present.

flyfisher on February 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

That is the secret, 2 NE liberal RINOs on the ticket. Yup, sure like those odds in the fall.

karenhasfreedom on February 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Christie: My fridge is always open…

The Nerve on February 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

So,the game of Chess is being played out!
(sarc)

canopfor on February 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

There’s absolutely no news value in this article.

bloviator on February 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

And I’d consider not voting for that ticket.

flyfisher on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Whatever will we do if we lose your all-important vote in November?

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I have no importance, only principles. I’m sure the party will swim along fine without me.

flyfisher on February 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Good point. Everyone knows that in order to be a true Christian, one must believe this is the US of KKK-A and that our chickens are coming home to roost. /

Kataklysmic on February 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

It’ll be bad if Romney gets the nomination. It’ll be ten times worse if he picks Christie as his running mate. Outside of the NY-Washington corridor, people see Christie for what he is, as a liberal blowhard.

NoNails on February 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

…chirping on a.m. radio or on Fox News.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

He was on Morning Joe last Friday though.

DanMan on February 27, 2012 at 2:37 PM

karenhasfreedom on February 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

karenhasfreedom:D*mmitt,another Great RINO Purgation again come’th!
(snark):)

canopfor on February 27, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Christie: My fridge is always open…

The Nerve on February 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

hehehehe. good one

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Did I miss the part where the GOP had any shot of carrying New Jersey?

Lost in Jersey on February 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM

If not for the black holes (pun intended) in Newark, Camden, and Trenton, New Jersey would be a reddish-purple state. Christie is fairly popular with the tax paying part of the state population that don’t carry NJEA membership cards. NJ could easily turn red if there were a way to stop the rampaging voting fraud.

That said, Romney/Christie ticket would be a thunderous disaster in every contested flyover-country state. Nothing say “up yours” to the conservative base as two Northeastern RINOs on the same ticket.

Archivarix on February 27, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Lost in Jersey on February 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Somewhere, wherever she is, Ann Coulter had an ‘O’.

I think that they just might. At the very least, PBHO is going to have to play some defense there. Thanks to Christie and to PBHO’s Israel hatred the state could actually be in play for Mitt even without Christie being on the ticket.

MJBrutus on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

NoNails on February 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I always use “gun-grabbing” to modify the phrase “liberal blowhard.”

flyfisher on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

That’s one creepy picture of Mitt

Jackalope on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

flyfisher on February 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Principles don’t keep you from doing your basic duty as a citizen, they encourage you to do your duty.

And as a “conservative”, that’s to be pragmatic and vote for the best available candidate (which won’t be Barack Obama).

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

How does it feel to not only have the dumbest comment on EVERY single comment thread..but to also be an ignorant bigot?

HumpBot Salvation on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Romney joining forces with the Muslim loving Governor of NJ = No Bueno

apocalypse on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

RINO + RINO = EPIC LOSS

But lots of wet dreams for Ann Coulter.

davek70 on February 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM

HumpBot Salvation on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

It’s made a point of calling Romney, “the Mormon” or some such repeatedly now on another thread. It’s just trolling. Let’s not feed it any more.

MJBrutus on February 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

That’s a winning ticket–2 northeast RINOs. Puhlease. Christie’s sudden jerk to the right is shameless pandering. Team Obama will have a hayday with both of their records.

We all know RAND Paul will be Romney’s VP pick. He needs the Paultards, TP, and South votes.

The only plus would be Christie body slamming the Obama food police and a debate with Sheriff Joe. I’d pay money to see either fight.

conservative pilgrim on February 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Small point Tina but Christie is not Anglo-Saxon.Not all white people are Anglo-Saxon.

celtic warrior on February 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

HumpBot Salvation on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I can see evangelicals voting for a single Mormon on a ticket.
Asking them to vote for a double Mormon ticket is too much. Might as well throw in the towel if Rubio is on the ticket

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Where did I saw I would not vote? And you don’t get to define my duty. My duty is to vote my conscience, not be “pragmatic.” As I have said before, I don’t put my trust in a president or a party or anything else of the world. That’s how a heathen thinks.

Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation. (Psalm 146:3)

flyfisher on February 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

RINOtastic.

Rebar on February 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Ugh,ahem,must I tell ya how a RINO is concieved!!

An Ugly Baby
posted at 11:34 am on April 25, 2006 by Allahpundit
****************************************************

canopfor on April 27, 2011 at 10:00 PM

canopfor on February 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I thought your work in New Jersey wasn’t done yet? Isn’t that what you told us just a few months ago?

Right Mover on February 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM

HumpBot Salvation on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I can see evangelicals voting for a single Mormon on a ticket.

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

It seems it’s proud of it.

lorien1973 on February 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Religious bigot.

rbj on February 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

So this post is kind of funny to me. Its like Tina is having a conversation with herself and decided to write it down about whether or not Christie would consider being veep. Its like, if asked he might consider it, but Romney wont ask because it wont soothe “nervous evangelicals”(whatever that means), and Christie wouldnt consider it anyway because he doesnt want to be number two so in summation Christie was just being polite. Yes Tina, he was just being polite, but after you came to that conclusion, why did you then decide to write this down like its an actual news story? I normally try not to criticize the writing but this is, in all due respect, a silly non-story and the analysis didnt add anything to it.

nswider on February 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Gads, it seems there so many who ‘would consider’ the vp slot if mitt is nominated, half of America is in the running? I do not in any way or fashion like christie or mitt for that matter.
L

letget on February 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I can see evangelicals voting for a single Mormon on a ticket.

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Your opinion on this subject is not worth the bandwidth you just wasted.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Look, if you are going to continue to make Christie posts, I am going to have to buy a new wide screen PC monitor.

faraway on February 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Most iritating voice of 2011 = Ann Coulter

apocalypse on February 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM

And neither half of the ticket would be likely to carry his “home state.”

Right Mover on February 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I can see evangelicals voting for a single Mormon on a ticket.

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Honey, first of all..you don’t know any evangelicals. Second of all…no one gives a chit about your bigoted opinions.

HumpBot Salvation on February 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM

flyfisher on February 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

He’s not going to be on the ballot either, BTW.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:48 PM

..left unsaid if s the fact that Ann Coulter has had to change her panties four times per day..

(Oh, I am gonna pay for that.)

The War Planner on February 27, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Romney joining forces with the Muslim loving Governor of NJ = No Bueno

apocalypse on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Lets see, Romney/Christy Cap and Trade Check, gun ban Check, etc
Oh yea I am getting in line

KBird on February 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Running mate? I don’t think he does a whole lot of running.

Flange on February 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Fat Man and Little Boy

sarc of course/

ted c on February 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Romney may be looking for a way to claim to be reaching out to the Tea Party without actually reaching out to the Tea Party. I am not so sure Romney’s going to install a conservative as his VP. He’s more likely to look for some other box to check instead.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

In the game how? He’s not running for president despite some very big attempts to draft him. There’s very little different in what Christie or Palin is doing, which is opining from the sidelines. I know you want to make it all Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin’s fault that Romney is unpopular with the base, but it just isn’t so.

Doomberg on February 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

This is an oustanding idea.

One night Christie would get the midnight munchies, sneak into the West Wing and eat Romney with a nice bottle of Chianti.

Then we would have President Keiko and a Vice President Boehner who would be crying *hard* at the thought of being Keiko’s next snack.

Mealticket for real baby.

CorporatePiggy on February 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

The War Planner on February 27, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I would let you have it with a barrage of feminist outrage if I didn’t already beat you to the jibe :-)

MJBrutus on February 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

NoNails on February 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Some of us inside that corridor see it as well.

Archivarix on February 27, 2012 at 2:38 PM

fairly popular is a good description. He’s better than the alternative we faced in 2009, but he is hardly getting the job done here. His latest budget proposal should tell you that.

As to your comments about voter fraud, do you really contend that dem control in the bulk of NJ is merely a result of voter fraud? The major inner city areas (and you name only three of the many) completely overwhelm any chance those of us in rural NJ have of affecting any change when it comes to statewide races. Voter fraud has very little to do with it. The fact is, they don’t even need to bother.

MJBrutus on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I promise you there is precisely zero chance that the won will have to play any kind of defense in NJ.

Lost in Jersey on February 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM

No more arugala and veggies?????

sweet.

ted c on February 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM

ted c on February 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

That was pretty good :-)

MJBrutus on February 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM

And now we know why Coulter is so in the tank for Romney….

Psycotte on February 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Most iritating voice of 2011 = Ann Coulter

apocalypse on February 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Yes, it’s far worse listening to her than Barack Obama.

His voice is just music to your ears, correct?

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I can see evangelicals voting for a single Mormon on a ticket.

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Only you could actually buy the “Rubio is really a Mormon” spin. The vast majority of GOP voters will NOT be using Romney’s Mormonism as a reason to not vote for him, anymore than they would use that as a reason to not vote for Rubio, even if Rubio actually was a Mormon. If Romney gets the nomination, Rubio may be his best chance to help secure the general election race (outside of Obama’s own record working against him).

Bitter Clinger on February 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Somewhere, wherever she is, Ann Coulter had an ‘O’.

MJBrutus on February 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Thanks for putting that image in my head.

If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the corner scrubbing my brain with a giant q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol.

DRayRaven on February 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Seeing the two of them together, Mitt seriously needs to gain some weight. Big time.

a capella on February 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Doomberg on February 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

He’s governing a state, unlike half-Governor Palin and her million fan Facebook page.

Or Limbaugh and his kittens and concubines, mouthing off from the sidelines.

Because Rush would have to take a pay cut, har har! That joke never gets old!

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM

And neither half of the ticket would be likely to carry his “home state.”

Right Mover on February 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Massachusetts is far gone to the Dark Side but Christie may actually force the Dems on the serious defensive in New Jersey, if not carry it outright. It is the most densely populated state in the union, and carries a significant electoral weight that Dems absolutely cannot afford to lose. Just the idea that Dems will have to defend what they believe to be their home base would be sweet.

Again, this opinion comes with a disclaimer: what may be good for New Jersey will become an epic fail outside of NE Coast. I’d rather have Christie run at the top of the ticket, with Allen West or Susana Martinez as a southern anchor, than have a RINO double-down.

Archivarix on February 27, 2012 at 2:55 PM

The Mittster-Keiko-Boehner campaign logo:

CorporatePiggy on February 27, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Mitt choosing someone who is not afraid to fight? What’s the matter, Ron Paul not vocal enough for you?
Basically, they are two peas in a pod, they are both so similar in policies, it would be a fit.
And Christie being outspoken, he can take the heat off of Mitt…the problem is, he is in a state of no value to the Republican’s…no, I think he better ask Ron Paul for another choice…

right2bright on February 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Bitter Clinger on February 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Don’t fall for it…the poster is one who just posts controversial things to get “hits”. Ignore it, and it will go away.

right2bright on February 27, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Look at the picture!

The optics alone are horrible.
Even Huckleberry knew if he was to go anywhere on the national stage he had to slim down.

The only reason I can see for this duo is that the Establishment has given up on winning in 12 and this duo makes Christie Creme the next RINO whose turn it is in 16.

If this happens the GOP will truely go the way of the whigs, the conservatives will have had enough of being glad handed by the Good Old Boy Party and run a candidate of their own. Can’t happen soon enough!

ConcealedKerry on February 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Romney doesn’t need Christie around to say F-U to conservatives. He says it quite loudly on his own. And yes, we do hear him.

swinia sutki on February 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Two words: Jan Brewer.
’nuff said.

Dexter_Alarius on February 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Or Limbaugh and his kittens and concubines, mouthing off from the sidelines.

Because Rush would have to take a pay cut, har har! That joke never gets old!

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM

So only those in office can proffer an opinion? Nothing screams “Establishment” more than that attitude.

Bitter Clinger on February 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Seeing the two of them together, Mitt seriously needs to gain some weight they remind me of Laurel and Hardy.

Emperor Norton on February 27, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Two Rinos on the ticket. WOOOOOHOOOO!!!

Southernblogger on February 27, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Christie’s approval rating in NJ is 53%, of course he would make NJ competitive.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

More reason to not pick Romney. We do not need the ultra progressive teacher’s union bully. His teacher’s union bullying is about his only redeeming feature.

astonerii on February 27, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I would give anything to watch just one Christie vs Biden debate. Please just let us watch one?

moseby on February 27, 2012 at 3:03 PM

gatorboy on February 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Yeah, I’m waiting for the post on Obama’s “African Americans for Obama” story on Drudge and Farrakhan’s “the racists are going to kill Obama”. Can’t wait to comment on those.

silvernana on February 27, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I can see evangelicals voting for a single Mormon on a ticket.

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Kind of like blacks to vote for anything other than a plantation democrat. Hell, kind of like getting Chitcagoans to vote for anything other than a corrupt Democrat machine piece of trash.

You’s really are kind of dumb, you know girl?

MNHawk on February 27, 2012 at 3:04 PM

No. He’s not done with Jersey. We need him here, warts and all.

ctmom on February 27, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Two words: Jan Brewer.
’nuff said.

Dexter_Alarius on February 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM

The one that is so conservative she tossed the constitution upholding birth documentation bill that would require a prospective President to actually prove he is elligible to be president? I think I will pass.

astonerii on February 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Or Limbaugh and his kittens and concubines, mouthing off from the sidelines.

Because Rush would have to take a pay cut, har har! That joke never gets old!

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Bitter Clinger on February 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM

No, he gets paid to give his opinion as does St. Sarah. A lot. A whole lot.

But at some point, people who say that this country is in dire straits if BH Obama gets re-elected, have to do a little more than throw stones at those with the balls to actually run for president.

We are up to our armpits in “opinions”. We have a guy now in the Oval Office who does nothing but talk.

A little more appreciation for those in the game on our side would be nice, along with less criticism.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

As much as I like Chris Christie he’s a northeast moderate like Romney.

Romney needs a deep conservative to excite the base. I don’t claim to have clairvoyance in that respect

gerrym51 on February 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Yes, but he would make the ticket less competitive in many more states. Romney needs a contrast to help him in the general. The only contrast between Romney and Christie is personality…… and weight (sorry, couldn’t resist.)

Bitter Clinger on February 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

lulzzzzzz at christie being a RINO.

therightwinger on February 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Chris Christie is Grimace from McDonalds?

portlandon on February 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Christie: My fridge is always open…

LOL

gerrym51 on February 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM

gerrym51 on February 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

And he’s a first term governor. I think he’s great with a great future. I don’t want to see him on a ticket at this point.

MJBrutus on February 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM

gerrym51 on February 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I consider myself part of the base and what I’m pretty excited about is beating the living daylights out of Obama.

Figuratively of course.

Would you rather have Santorum stutter and stumble in a debate with Biden for example, or have Christie tear his guts out and show them to him?

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 3:09 PM

No, he gets paid to give his opinion as does St. Sarah. A lot. A whole lot.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Ok, but back to Doomberg’s point: How is Christie “in the game”? I mean the game right now is Presidential politics and Christie chose NOT to jump in, same as Sarah. Yes, he’s a Governor, but otherwise, he’s no different than Sarah or Rush.

Bitter Clinger on February 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Instead of culling the herd, the larger RINOs surround the wounded and exposed RINO and risk the survival of the entire herd to preserve the hereditary leadership.

-Marlin Perkins

batterup on February 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM

gerrym51 on February 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I don’t buy it. The “base” is not the whack-jobs who post at H/A crying “RINO, RINO!” PBHO is all that is needed to fire up the true base. What he needs is a reliable wing man who he won’t need to clean up after. My choice would be Mitch Daniels (I would really love to see him go outside the box and select Marsha Blackburn, but that won’t happen).

MJBrutus on February 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM

batterup on February 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM

LOL!

MJBrutus on February 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Figuratively of course.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Of course, I’d love to see Christie rip Biden in a debate, but anyone can rip Biden in a debate. Sarah did a fine job in ’08. But debates alone aren’t winning the race (’08 being a fine example).

Bitter Clinger on February 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I can see evangelicals voting for a single Mormon on a ticket.

liberal4life on February 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

lobotomy4life…in regards to religion…you have obviously spent so much time in moms basement with your head wedged between your buttchecks, that your vision and mindset have been obscured by the reflection of your own putrid entrails!

KOOLAID2 on February 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Bitter Clinger on February 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM

He’s in the game, as in he’s in office.

He’s an executive, running a government, dealing with actual issues, not ethereal ones.

And demonstrating that Republicans can win in blue states. And be successful.

Not just flapping their gums after meekly quitting after a half-term in office (Palin) or having never run for anything like Limbaugh.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

LMFAO……the fatso from New Jersey will do a lot to make the liberal Romney look less liberal since fatso is a screaming libtard. This combination of losers will kill off whatever is left of the republican party. Now that I said that, at least one good thing would come from picking CC as veep.

David in ATL on February 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

-Marlin Perkins

batterup on February 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM

“Now that’s funny, I don’t care who you are.”

Bitter Clinger on February 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

An unprincipled flip-flopper just like his buddy mittens, birds of a feather n all that.

NY Conservative on February 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM

The VP search should start and end with Rand Paul.

ModerateMan on February 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Who cares? What? Should we find another Quayle to help us in this respect?

How ’bout we stop with all the side show nonsense and find people who actually can handle this terribly important and difficult job?

Christie is one of those. And, I’d say he would help the ticket more than anybody (save Rubio, of course).

Pablo Snooze on February 27, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Santorum is Not going to be vp. I think RAND PAUL has a betterchance.-I did not say Rand Paul will be vp

gerrym51 on February 27, 2012 at 3:17 PM

He’s in the game, as in he’s in office.

And demonstrating that Republicans can win in blue states. And be successful.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Look, I’m fine with you wanting to defend the idea of Christie being a VP nominee and all. I just don’t see why you needed to rip those on our side (i.e. Sarah, Rush, etc.) — who help influence and shape the conservative cause — to do it.

Bitter Clinger on February 27, 2012 at 3:17 PM