Video: Canadian father arrested after child draws a gun in school …

posted at 3:15 pm on February 26, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Well, to be fair, the local police did find a gun in Jessie Sansone’s house after they arrested, strip-searched, and held him for hours, after which they pressured him to retroactively consent to their ransacking his house without a warrant.  It was a toy gun:

Jessie Sansone and his family are reeling after he was arrested and strip searched by police after his four-year-old daughter drew a picture of a man with a gun in her Kitchener, Ont., kindergarten class.

The 26-year-old father of four said Saturday the sketch was supposed to be him, getting the bad guys and monsters.

The school must have thought differently, as after Nevaeh drew it Wednesday, the school contacted Family and Children’s Services and they called police.

Waterloo Police met Sansone at the school when he tried to pick up his kids he was told he was charged with possession of a firearm. He was then handcuffed and put him in one of the several squad cars waiting outside, he said.

But hey, this is for the children, right?  So this doesn’t matter at all:

While Sansone was being strip searched at the police station: told to disrobe, lift his testicles and bend over, his wife was home with their 15-month-old daughter.

“They came to my house, told my wife that I had been charged with possession of firearms, that she would have to come with them, and that Sundae (their infant daughter) would have to go with the social worker,” said Sansone. Stephanie called her Mom who rushed over to take Sundae instead. …

Sansone said police searched his house and found a plastic toy gun that shoots foam darts.

Just remember — the Nanny State will give you “rights” only when it pleases them to do so.  When it suspects you may have committed a random act of freedom, they’ll toss any government-granted rights out the window in order to Protect the Children®.  God help you if you’re stockpiling Nerf guns and your daughter has a creative streak in class.

Sounds like a family that may be choosing to home-school in the future, eh?

Update: The Toronto PD were not involved in this incident. The towns of Kitchener and Waterloo are about as close to Toronto as Mankato is to Minneapolis, our Canadian friend Dave Rywall informs me.  I’ve changed the headline and the first paragraph, and apologize for the error.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

There is nothing you can say that liberals are not stupid enough to believe.

sharrukin on February 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Or stupid enough to vote for.

Roy Rogers on February 26, 2012 at 5:16 PM

thirtyandseven on February 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Being fairly new to comment here, I find it helpful, they’re are a couple of commenter’s that don’t need the tag. But its probably a good idea with all the new personalities. Just thought I’d add my two cents, for what its worth./

Bmore on February 26, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Or stupid enough to vote for.

Roy Rogers on February 26, 2012 at 5:16 PM

The proof of that is living in the White House.

sharrukin on February 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM

There is nothing you can say that liberals are not stupid enough to believe.

sharrukin on February 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Truer words were never written.

thirtyandseven on February 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM

A couple of years ago I was traveling with a friend who was accosted by security in Heathrow airport because he had a shirt with a picture of brass knuckles on it (the shirt company logo). He was told, “It is a weapon”. This is what happens when the population gives up their guns. Sheesh.

ghostwalker1 on February 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Has Canada become totally fascist ahead of us? Barack Obama better moving even faster.

VorDaj on February 26, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Has Canada become totally fascist ahead of us? Barack Obama better get moving even faster.

VorDaj on February 26, 2012 at 5:21 PM

The truth is going to come out that the police were sent to clear the house of any monsters and that they feared for the lives of the other children. The testicle lift is a little known but very effective test to see if someone is truly a monster.

They are just looking out for the family’s well being.

tommer74 on February 26, 2012 at 5:27 PM

logman1 on February 26, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Make it 5: Gas (Hot, even). Mobility is everything…

affenhauer on February 26, 2012 at 5:32 PM

When my kid was in 4th grade he made a cartoon that showed him throwing a rock at another kid. I got called to the Principal’s office and was told it was a good thing that I was a paying member of the PTA…. Otherwise, he’d have been suspended.

Key West Reader on February 26, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Did that happen here in the Keys? What school and when?

elfman on February 26, 2012 at 5:35 PM

In a sane world sarcasm tags wouldn’t be needed, unfortunately we live in a world with liberals. There is nothing you can say that liberals are not stupid enough to believe.

sharrukin on February 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Sarc tags are for wussies and libs, but I repeat myself.

Not using them makes people pay attention and weeds out the lazies.

cozmo on February 26, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Sacre bleu!

Kissmygrits on February 26, 2012 at 5:47 PM

The story ends with this:

The family is trying to decide what to do next, and they are finding a new school for their children to attend.

May I suggest hiring the most bloodsucking, leach of a lawyer you can find and offer him double the normal percentage for whatever he can collect from the school, the police and CPS.

MikeA on February 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM

It takes an especially virulent form of stupidity to believe that there can be non-violent drug offenses which land you in prison. Do a quick search to educate your ignorant self, Nancyboy: “Columbia Mexico Cartels drugs violence murder”.

Jaibones on February 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I’m sorry, but violence is somewhat justified here. The teacher that freaked out over this should get slapped upside the head and told to mind her own bloody business.

VPJ on February 26, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I’d say I’ve never heard anything as stupid in my life, but O and his campaign droogies are just getting warmed up…

n0doz on February 26, 2012 at 6:18 PM

ImageSniper on February 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Save up and drop down some coin on a HERO camera. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/GoPro+-+HD+HERO+960+Wearable+HD+Video+Camcorder+-+Silver/1421112.p?id=1218257753900&skuId=1421112&st=hero&cp=1&lp=4

These things are awesome. Very small with a wide field and good sound. I have two. 1 for the house & 1 for the car. They are easy to start and very inconspicuous.

Welcome to the police state!

VikingGoneWild on February 26, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Under my plan of Guns and Ammo, false arrests will necessarily skyrocket.

Kini on February 26, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Hats off to Charles Adler & Kris Sims for going after this story, our news media here in the states would have swept it under the rug in an instant.

None of these types of actions have the purpose of making anyone safer, in fact the opposite is true. Our institutions and obviously the ones in Canada also, have been captured by people that hate freedom and love statists socialism. That is the ugly fact and these people will not leave these institutions without a fight.

Citizens need to make a common practice of screeching to high heaven for weeks on end when these types of assaults against our freedoms happen. The policy with us must be than an apology is not good enough, somebody needs to at a minimum lose their job and maybe even civil or criminal action be pursued.

Axion on February 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM

thirtyandseven on February 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Some us got it.

pat on February 26, 2012 at 6:34 PM

When liberals say gun control is reasonable, they know that this is where they want us to be headed. Guns in the hands of civilians are a threat to the State’s monopoly of violence, and are therefore antithetical to the liberal conception of government.

Professor de la Paz on February 26, 2012 at 6:40 PM

ghostwalker1 on February 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Unfortunately, that same story could happen if you substituted “Heathrow” and “security” with “some airport USA” and “TSA”.

Yes, TSA in the US is equally capable of equally insane findings.

AZfederalist on February 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM

ghostwalker1 on February 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM

So what these guys were getting at is that the very image of a weapon could hurt someone, I suppose? I’d say it boggles the mind, but it’s all too expected at this point.

Vanilla Salt on February 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM

What we learned at recess in 3rd Grade (1965). Sung to the tune of On Top of Ol’ Smokey.

On top of Ol’ Smokey, all covered in blood,
I shot my poor teacher, with a .45 slug.
I went to her funeral, I went to her grave,
Instead of throwing flowers, I threw a grenade.

In the interests of full disclosure, neither I nor any of my classmates ever gunned down a teacher, or threw grenades at any. Other than my obsession with Ann Margret in Viva Las Vegas some 48 years since seeing it the first time, I think I turned out relatively normal.

TugboatPhil on February 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM

“We” need to stop this using whatever means “they” make necessary -and those are extreme means to be sure. (No less extreme than the unConstitutional/illegal practices that are now “standard procedure.”)

GuitarMark on February 26, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Just imagine if “they” had planted a gun…

imagine his fate… his day in court.

“It wasn’t mine! I don’t even have a gun!”

Sure you don’t, sir… sure you don’t. So the police just planted it, eh?

No, that could never happen, could it?

GuitarMark on February 26, 2012 at 6:58 PM

TugboatPhil on February 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Reminds me of this little ditty from my grade school days:

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school
We have tortured every teacher, we have broken every rule.
Now we’re marching down the hall
To kill the principal
And hang the secretary

Glory, glory hallelujah!
Teacher hit me with a ruler.
Met her at the door
With a loaded .44
And she don’t teach no more.

Of course, back then, things were different. We had prayer before lunch in a public school (*gasp* the horror!), playground fights stayed on the playground…I got in a few scraps myself and ended up later on becoming good friends with some of the guys I scrapped with.
Playground equipment was made out of wood and metal. And yet we didn’t need to talk about feelings more than we did about long division, and we didn’t need prescription medications to get us through the day.

Left Coast Right Mind on February 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM

When I was a kid, I’d draw up battles from WW2 in my notebook when bored.

Iguess that would be death penalty up north.

KirknBurker on February 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Absolute insanity.

Insanity.

You can’t make something like this up.

KMC1 on February 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Because a gun could be hidden behind testicles ???
Sounds more like our TSA.

J-Paul00 on February 26, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I recall one of the fads from my school days, the 1960′s, where we thought it was nearly a fashion requirement to have a Levi’s jacket and in the little Levi’s label on the breast pocket we inserted a single .22 Long Rifle round. To my crowd it said we were outdoors-men. IT didn’t have anything to do with violence or terrorism or any such thing. Imagine that today!

MikeA on February 26, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Remember that our federal government is conservative.

It’s not the ones on top we must worry about, but the ones in the middle of the government. The bureaucrats. The ‘petty bourgeoisie’ .

It doesn’t matter whether the one in charge is Obama, Pelosi, Romney, or Paul. What matters is the ever expanding, ever more authoritative army of civil servants between them and us.

Johnny 100 Pesos on February 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM

“Stupidity you can believe in.” Should be slogan for all progressive ideas.

LizardLips on February 26, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Meanwhile the more civilized United States incarcerates over 4 million of its own citizens, the vast majority of which are in jail for non-violent drug related offenses. But this individual story of harassment is an outrage, or something.

libfreeordie on February 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Nice try.

Actually, scratch that….lousy try.

I have mixed feelings about US drug laws. But users and sellers are well aware of the penalties for possession and sale of restricted substances.

I think any reasonably intelligent person could see the difference between being arrested for, say, possession of a controlled substance, on one hand, and being arrested because your four-year old drew a picture of a gun in pre-school class on the other, yes?

Libfreeordie-you are surely not so dim that you cannot see the difference, are you?

The beginning of my conversion from left to right, many years ago, started when I realized that the “tolerance” of the left was a cold myth.

The Left is the main threat to free expression in this country, and in the western world, today, as many astute non-conservatives such as Nat Hentoff and Stuart Taylor have noted.

Dreadnought on February 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Um. . . something (MANY things) just HAVE to be missing from this story. Er. . . right???

Not that it would justify any of this but is it illegal to own a gun in Canada?

Really puzzled by all of this. . .

RedNewEnglander on February 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM

When my father was sent to Nam I sung this;

My father’s overseas
Fighting Commie Vietnamese
To thee I sing
Land of my father’s pride
shooting a .45
On every mountainside
Let commies scream

I hope I haven’t disturbed any of you.

banzaibob on February 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM

More evidence that you don’t have to go to Canada to find myriad examples of an aggressive and violent police state. So I guess the focus on this story is merely because its about guns. Otherwise why wouldn’t Ed et al cover stories like this?

libfreeordie on February 26, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Dreadnought on February 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Having read her feel-good ignorant drivel for a while…yes, she is that dim.

cozmo on February 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM

libfreeordie on February 26, 2012 at 7:55 PM

This is your brain on drugs. Any questions?

Roy Rogers on February 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM

B.S.

I’ve seen enough of the supposedly “non-violent” effects of drug use: neglected children, filthy living conditions, abject poverty (because the addict can’t keep a steady job and/or blows any money they make on the next high), the petty crime needed to support the habit, etc. that you cannot tell me drug use is a non-violent (read: victimless) crime.

englishqueen01 on February 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Tyranny. This was the act of a tyrannic police state, not a free republic/democracy.

Yakko77 on February 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM

AZfederalist on February 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM –

Vanilla Salt on February 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM –

EXACTLY.

Meanwhile, I also know someone who has (on more than one occasion) forgotten that he was carrying a Smith and Wesson tactical knife, passed through the metal detector and boarded a plane. I feel much safer now…

ghostwalker1 on February 26, 2012 at 8:30 PM

O’oh, Godverment is goooo’ood.

Speakup on February 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Some common sense would do you well here.

See, here’s the thing. Drug use is a choice. If you live in abject poverty because of that choice, it’s your own damned fault.

Drugs would cost less if legal, and therefore, require less petty crime to fund a drug user’s habit. The market provides a way to obtain any good as long as there are buyers for that good. Making something illegal doesn’t make it unavailable, it just makes it more expensive.

Lot’s of children are neglected by alcoholics. I’m sure many children are neglected by cigarette smokers. Yet, I don’t see you presenting an argument calling for the prohibition of alcohol and tobacco.

Ultimately, the heart of your logic is this: a person is not responsible for their own actions. That is neither conservative, nor is it in step with the ideals of the American founding. I don’t support the wholesale legalization of narcotics, but it’s stupid to think that we’re winning the war on drugs, that we’re going to win the war on drugs, and that we aren’t just shooting ourselves in the collective foot with a shotgun trying to fight the war on drugs.

Professor de la Paz on February 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Harassing someone over their kid’s drawing of a gun is bad enough, but details like this:

?????????????
!!!!!!!!!

TigerPaw on February 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

If the little girl had drawn her dad holding a Jedi light saber, I wonder if the teacher would’ve gotten as upset? Or drawn him with one of those weapons Klingons use – Bat’leth (I had to google for that).

TigerPaw on February 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

This is why I have no respect for public workers. I bet everyone, to the very last government worker who is asked about something like this says the same thing, something like: “I just work here”,or “Don’t blame me, I don’t write the rules”, or “Don’t shoot the messenger”, or “I’m just doing my job”. Well, to me, your job is to oppress and steal from citizens with unreasonable fees, oppressive taxation, or, as in this case, throwing someone in jail for no reason. To all government workers: spare me you’re “I just work here” dismissive excuses. If you work there then QUIT because if you don’t then you are just part of the problem, you are not just an innocent employee, you are nothing more than a German soldier saying “Hitler did it”. Get a real job that contributes to society and stop expecting everyone else to support your useless existence. You are under worked and overpaid and I don’t want to hire you, pay you, or work with you. Expect to get nothing from me but condemnation and ridicule. Don’t expect me to ever help you. Don’t expect me to thank you, appreciate you, or even have pity on you. The only and biggest thing this family did wrong was talk to anybody from the government. When a government worker asks me a question, be it policeman, fireman, social worker, or DMV thief, I refuse say a word and never give them permission to step foot on my property without a warrant.

Dollayo on February 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

This happens to non-white Canadians all the time – it’s a very intolerant country. This only makes the news because it happened to a white person, and a family at that. Most can relate to his ‘plight.’

KillerKane on February 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Well, here is a link to a case where a non white didn’t get arrested for a violent drawing… Islamic teachers were just suspended after a boy wrote a report advocating killing (guess who?) with a gun on the cover.

http://vladtepesblog.com/?p=44885 (link there to Ezra Levant’s tv reporting on this new toronto case too)

oryguncon on February 26, 2012 at 9:27 PM

?????????????
!!!!!!!!!

TigerPaw on February 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Well its the first step before the anal probing…

Bunsin2 on February 26, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Jaibones on February 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM

You really shouldn’t speak of “virulent stupidity” nor ignorance when you so abundantly exhibit it yourself, bonehead.

“Drug-related violence” is directly related to DRUG-PROHIBITION. And jails are full of non-violent citizens (as Nancyboy correctly observed). If you’re actually so ignorant of this fact as you claim to be, you should follow your own advice and do a little Googling.

Prior to Reagan and then Bush and their “zero tolerance” policies, both sources such as NORML and federal sources such as the DEA agreed that an estimated 70-85 % of pot was grown in this country; as a result of “government” meddling, that figure switched in a matter of years to (an estimated) 70-85 % of pot coming from outside the country… and more importantly, to smugglers switching to emphasizing importing the much more expensive and problematic drug cocaine (since “minimum mandatory sentencing” caused them to conclude it made more sense to smuggle the much more profitable drug since it risked the same penalty).

This in turn was directly responsible for the “crack epidemic” (which the “government” of course used as “justification” for more of their meddling which in fact was the very cause of the problem they attempted to use to justify their policies).

Open your mind, get a clue or both… please.

GuitarMark on February 26, 2012 at 9:30 PM

libfreeordie on February 26, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Alternet.org…..

really?

You might as well quote from the Communist Workers Daily.. or better, the Martian Conspiracists Handbook of Lunatic Rants..

I take it, you read your children their Miranda rights before checking their homework for errors? Or before you check their computer logons to make sure they haven’t been talking to any cyber stalkers?

fascist…..

mark81150 on February 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Well its the first step before the anal probing…

Bunsin2 on February 26, 2012 at 9:28 PM

LOL. Are these Canadian police again, or police from outer space?

I wonder if the kid had drawn her dad holding a Jedi light saber would the teacher have had a fit?

TigerPaw on February 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM

libfreeordie on February 26, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Remind us who’s in charge of educating most of our children in the vast majority of our schools? Oh yeah! That’s right! THE GOVERNMENT!

/PBBBBT

gryphon202 on February 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Everytime a gross injustice like this happens in Canada, in the small darened areas of the minds of the victims…

A piece that makes them Canadian, dies a little bit..

and in the vast unused portion where free thinking occurs, a newly minted American thought is born.

Just as some conservatives are really just liberals who have been mugged by reality, events like this murder the innocence of people who never considered how badly these laws are abused.

Bet that young man never votes socialist again, or any of his close friends and family…… you generally only need to feel that boot, just once to wise up.

mark81150 on February 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM

TigerPaw on February 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Since Lucas is a well known liberal, doubtful… though he did make some pretty good movies to motivate us on the right to fight evil… he just assumed we’d see the empire as being rightwing….

silly boy…

of course Darth Vader was a progressive,.. and Darth Sideous was Nancy Pelosi… he didn’t see the resemblence?The deathly pallor,.. the dried husk of humanity,.. the evil smirk of glee when torturing the virtuous…

She must’ve stopped taking her botox for a few weeks to shoot those scenes..

mark81150 on February 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Reminds me, I need to finish mounting those push pins on the tips of my son’s nerf darts, so I can be ready the next time my sis in law’s by friends shows up..

extra points for a sticking forehead shot.
]
He’s got the belt fed nerf machine gun too,.. my brother got it for him last year.. I just don’t have the patience to rig 50 darts for the belt.

would make a decent youtube vid though….

mark81150 on February 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Has Canada become totally fascist ahead of us?

Duh. The land of my birth has long been in love with euro Pacifism. They think any show of independence from the US in the past is crude at best, and no I don’t think they are as honestly “nice” as everyone makes them out to be. Speaking as one born and spent most of the first two decades of her life there.
They don’t understand that bad things happen and the police will NOT be there when it does. They took Mark Steyn to task with their kangroo courts that have only to do with stifling free speech. This “hate speech” thing which this incidence is truly part of is one of the most frightening things in the world-, but in Canada this has been the way of it for a long time. Shame on them. they deserve the huge boo they should get.

Noelie on February 26, 2012 at 10:12 PM

It must be a true story. If anyone wrote it as a fictional tale, everyone would say it was too far-fetched to be plausible.

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 26, 2012 at 10:14 PM

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 26, 2012 at 10:14 PM

especially,.. a toy gun?… a crayon drawing?

Like a few other people, in the 6th grade I used to draw starship battles and alien wars like they came off the Mysterious Planet set.

They’d leg ironed my dad, and he had six guns almost all the time at home.

mark81150 on February 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Soon to happen at a school near you:

“I’m sorry sir we are going to need you to step out of the car and keep your hands where I can see them.”

“What for Officer”

“Well your son was caught drawing bags of money on his notebook in class and thankfully the properly trained indoctrination facilitator called us.”

“WHAT?”

“Well you know that having money which the state has not redistributed to you is illegal.”

“I haven’t got any money officer. The government takes all of it. It could be that we got him a Monopoly game for Christmas…”

“It’s the winter solstice not the C word sir.”

“Oh right I forgot”

“Well now we’re going to have to strip search you just to make sure your not hiding anything.”

“Your kidding right?”

Cop pulls out taser and shoots father.

Bunsin2 on February 26, 2012 at 10:45 PM

sharrukin on February 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Sarc tags are for wussies and libs, but I repeat myself.
Not using them makes people pay attention and weeds out the lazies.
cozmo on February 26, 2012 at 5:45 PM

thirtyandseven on February 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Some us got it.
pat on February 26, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Got what? . . . Did I miss something?
molṑn labé ! : )

listens2glenn on February 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Jaibones on February 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Being a buyer, seller, user, or “some or all of the above” makes you, at the very least, a contributor to the creation of non-productive, and dysfunctional people in America.
And at the very WORST, an “accessory” to all that lawless anarchy and chaos going on in Mexico and Columbia.

listens2glenn on February 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

listens2glenn on February 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

And no doubt you feel the same about Americans who buy diamond engagement rings.

Oh no, you’re a massive hypocrite, just like the man who you idolize.

libfreeordie on February 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Dude should’ve been arrested for having FOUR disease factories by age 26 and naming one of them Sundae. good lord what a retard.

Your Mamma loves me on February 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Canadians think they’re so much more morally superior to us. NEVER AGAIN will I think that.

JimC on February 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Ummmm, Ed –

This story didn’t take place in Toronto.

Waterloo is a city an hour and a half west of Toronto.

Toronto police had nothing to do with this.

Dave Rywall on February 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Oh LORD canada….

TX-96 on February 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Your Mamma loves me on February 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Don’t much care for kids myself or the name “Sundae” for a kid, but that was harsh. And so what if he had 4 kids by 26?

TigerPaw on February 27, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Your Mamma loves me on February 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM

And I’m sure people with mentally disabled family or friends don’t appreciate the word “retard” being used as a pejorative.

TigerPaw on February 27, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Anyone who is not appalled by the hideous government intrusion in this story, congratulations. You are well on the road to serfdom. And if you think this can’t happen here, you are a fool as well.

swinia sutki on February 27, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Holy Crap on a Cracker!

dmn1972 on February 27, 2012 at 8:33 AM

swinia sutki on February 27, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Its already happening here, only its much, much worse.

libfreeordie on February 27, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I suspect that gun sales are going to spike after this one hits the talk radio circuit. My own child got in trouble at school and sent out to the hall just for criticizing one of his classmates science project as not being as good as the kid before him. They have taken the anti bullying meme to new heights all over this country. When I was a kid in school if you weren’t big enough to fight then you learned how to run.

jistincase on February 27, 2012 at 9:37 AM

so … if I can get my kid to draw a picture of Obambi taxing me to death … they’ll search the White House, strip search the perp, and send the kids to Child Welfare??

Bring it!!

small_c_con on February 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Among the myriad lessons we learn from a case like this one is… schools are just another gateway into the citizen’s home when one lives in a socialist state.

Murf76 on February 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

If this was the U.S., it would be Holders answer to Fast and Furious…Toy’s R US, arming our kids and teaching them terrorist acts…

right2bright on February 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Murf76 on February 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

To a liberal, a home is a gateway to crime…and if a Christian home, gateway to terrorism…

right2bright on February 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Because a gun could be hidden behind testicles ??? Sounds more like our TSA.

J-Paul00 on February 26, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Dude must have been HUNG, y’know?

jistincase on February 27, 2012 at 9:37 AM

F*** you, a******. It’s punks like you who make kids’ lives a living hell for no damned good reason and then hid behind the equally-s***-eating teachers when we had the nerve to get revenge.

Asurea on February 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I guess if the child drew a picture of her two daddies sharing a condom and clean heroine needles, the child would have been given a gold star and told to bring the two daddies in for Show and Tell. I would be livid. The Police State is coming to USA as well.

stop2think on February 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Obviously the store where he bought the deadly nerf gun needs to be shut down for illegal gun-running…///
Watch out Toys R Us…..

I hope the US never goes this far into PC he!!…. oh wait….

dentarthurdent on February 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM

As a parent, educator and citizen of the US, I see nothing wrong with the police being notified of the drawing by the 4 year old.

As a matter of fact, that’s good and apprpriate behavior by the teacher! Then the local SWAT Team was called in, and I’ll bet it was a political decision to follow through as the police did.

dahni on February 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Canadian father arrested after child draws a gun in school …

By the same logic (token), if a child draws his/her teacher kissing another same-sex person, the parents of said child should be awarded the highest Canadian medal for a civilian?

Sir Napsalot on February 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Asurea on February 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Not quite sure what you meant by that one. If you are accusing me of being an a hole you really got that one wrong. I was one of the kids that learned to avoid trouble if possible and run when necessary. I was teased by the jocks and the goat ropers but you know what, I learned to deal with it. I didn’t sit in the basement and feel sorry for myself and think what a crappy life I had. It’s this Johnny will get a prize just if he shows up so that he doesn’t feel bad mentality that is screwing up the kids. I am not sure but is that how you feel? Maybe you should have stood up for yourself even if you didn’t have the physical ability to do so. Kids at least respect that fact that you are willing to do that. The first day that I finally bloodied a kids nose was the day that they started leaving me alone and after that the order of the universe was aligned.

jistincase on February 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM

dahni on February 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Then you have ceased to be an educator that gives a crap and are nothing more than an indoctrination facilitator.

jistincase on February 27, 2012 at 12:05 PM

dahni on February 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

You have to be a bought-and-paid-for anti-gun zero tolerance PC lib union teacher to say something that ridiculous.

As quoted in Howard’s Green Room thread on this:
When the child’s teacher asked her to explain the sketch, she said it was a picture of her father “getting the bad guys and monsters.”
That expalnation should have been the end of it. If she had said something like “that’s Daddy killing Mommy last night” – I would support calling the cops to check it out, and ONLY to check it out – but that’s not what happened. This guy did not deserve to be “charged with possession of a firearm” for the crayon drawing of a 4 year old.

dentarthurdent on February 27, 2012 at 12:06 PM

guess I’ll be keeping my C.C. someplace else now that the ‘under the sack’ hiding spot is outed.

aceinstall on February 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I feel sorry for my Canadian friends. Meanwhile, libs everywhere are clapping and hoping we can begin doing this here very soon.

goflyers on February 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM

jistincase on February 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Meh, misunderstood what you were saying.

It wasn’t about fighting fair, it was about getting even. The teachers at the public school I went to covered for the bullies, to the point of blaming my parents for a black eye I got during school hours.

Ended up putting oil-coated strips of Na in their football helmets. Got expelled for it, but….well, there were other schools.

Yes, things have gotten out of hand, but it’s gotten to the point these “teachers” are actively victimizing students. They don’t just teach to the lowest common denominator, but try to force anyone above that down to the level of the morons. Anyone smart enough to see through their bull is targeted.

Pretty jacked up.

Asurea on February 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM

They have the oil and their dollar is worth more than ours.

ultracon on February 27, 2012 at 5:03 PM

My daughter drew a picture of a stick-me shooting a stick-deer who looked very happy to be my prey. I used a magnet to clasp it to the door of my gunsafe. Since I’m an American, it’s all perfectly legal!

BWAHAHAHA!