Quotes of the day

posted at 8:15 pm on February 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Whether Mitt Romney wins or loses the Michigan and Arizona primaries on Tuesday, his advisers are warning donors and other supporters to prepare for a longer, more bruising and more expensive fight for the Republican presidential nomination that may not be settled until at least May…

“Mr. Santorum is likewise preparing to fight on for weeks or months, enticed by new party rules that award delegates in early primaries and caucuses based on each candidate’s share of the votes. ‘The race is going to go a long time,’ he said as he left the stage, promising to ‘fight fire with fire.’…

“There is a growing sense among party leaders that the primary fight has gone on long enough and that continued attacks by the candidates and their allies have steered the conversation away from the economy and could damage the party’s prospects in the fall. But several Republicans said a diversion to social issues threatened to turn off independent voters, who will be needed to form a winning coalition in the fall…

“In Michigan, some Republican leaders expressed worries about the effect of an extended battle on the party’s prospects of winning the White House and suggested that the time had come for the party to rally around one candidate, however imperfect.”

***

“The most disturbing aspect of this election is that despite the parlous condition of the country and the profound vulnerability of the incumbent, the best Republican candidates — Jeb Bush, Mitch Daniels, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, and Haley Barbour — have sat it out. As I keep lamenting, in the terrible year 1968, with assassinations, riots, 550,000 draftees in Vietnam and 200 to 400 of them returning in body bags every week, at one time or another, Lyndon Johnson, Robert Kennedy, Hubert Humphrey, Nelson Rockefeller, Richard Nixon, and Ronald Reagan were all running for president, and all of them were more impressive than the present contestants.

“Of the surviving Republican contenders, Ron Paul is a sound monetarist and a doughty libertarian, but he is a 76-year old kook who, like President Obama’s pastor, Jeremiah Wright, thinks 9/11 was the chickens coming home to roost. Newt Gingrich is a completely unfeasible flake. Rick Santorum is consistent, courageous, and believably argues for fiscal encouragement of families and the creation of jobs that add value to the economy and not just more lawyers and consultants and service-industry leeches. But he has his feet stuck in cement on abortion and same-sex marriage, and early in the campaign even criticized contraception. These shouldn’t be partisan issues at all, and any candidate who gets into them has self-detonating grenades strapped to his torso, front and back. Mitt Romney is more presentable and has a successful private-sector career behind him, but is afflicted by plasticity and has faced in all four directions on most issues…

“It is all as ludicrous as Fidel Castro, the world authority on misrule, claims. If Obama loses, it will be because the Republicans jump the rails on this corrupt, farcical nominating process and draft a serious candidate on a serious platform. If he wins, it will be a disaster to delight America’s critics, and will be repealed by a nation chastened back to its senses in 2016.”

***

“Maine Republican Gov. Paul LePage told POLITICO Saturday he hopes to see a ‘floor fight’ at the GOP convention in Tampa this summer, giving the party an opportunity to nominate a ‘fresh face’ rather than one of the battered members of the 2012 field.

“‘I’m pushing for a floor fight … I’d like to see a good old-fashioned convention and a dark horse come out,’ LePage told my colleagues Dave Catanese and Alexander Trowbridge at the National Governors Association winter meeting. ‘I think the candidates, in my mind, have injured themselves and injured the party by not following Ronald Reagan’s ‘never speak badly of another Republican.”…

“‘It’s been too messy. I just believe we ought to go to the convention and pick a fresh face,’ LePage said. ‘They beat themselves up so badly that I’d think it’d be nice to have a fresh face.’”

***

“The most interesting [convention] scenario, however, is the case where the unpledged delegates would be sufficient to give a candidate a majority, but his claim to the nomination was somewhat tenuous. Suppose, for instance, that Mr. Romney had 43 percent of the delegates, Mr. Santorum 37 percent, and about 8 percent of delegates had not yet pledged to a candidate…

“If Mr. Romney’s plurality lead seemed to be built upon structural advantages in the delegate selection process rather than popular support — say, for instance, that Mr. Romney had the most delegates, but Mr. Santorum was 10 points ahead in national polls at he time — some delegates might conclude that it was not in the best interest of the party to give him a helping hand…

The aesthetics of how a candidate performs could be important in a case like this. If in addition to trailing in national polls, Mr. Romney had lost key states like Michigan and Ohio, it would be harder for him to claim that his nomination reflected the collective will of the Republican electorate.”

***

“By performing his aloofness from and contempt for the radical right, even as he fakes solidarity with it, Romney is doing exactly what he needs to do. He is keeping the radical right close to him for the general election by seeming to bow to its power, even as he is signaling to everyone else that he knows how miserably inadequate the support of the radical right will be in the general election.

“So let’s all calm down and stop getting so excited about a deadlocked convention, and a dark-horse nominee introduced at the last minute, and an imploded Republican opposition. Beyond Super Tuesday lie delegate-rich states like New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and California that are not top heavy with Tea Partiers and evangelicals and that will almost certainly enable Romney to arrive at the convention with a strong hand. And beyond that are the party elites, who were content to use the radical right-wingers but who never liked them, and who tremble at the thought of Candidate Santorum. Finally there are the Tea Partiers and evangelicals who, though hostile to Romney at present, would rather vote for a golden retriever than give Obama another four years in the White House.

“What seems like a circus now is serious business, so let us look beyond the circus instead of exaggerating it.”

***

“Whatever risks it might pose in the general election, the controversy over contraceptives, the Catholic Church, and the Obama administration has been an unalloyed blessing for Santorum in the Republican-nomination fight. Popping up unexpectedly, it has shifted what the political sharpies call the ‘issue matrix’ in an awkward direction for Romney and a comfortable one for Santorum, and is likely to help the latter further solidify his already firm hold over a voting bloc with which his rival is notably weak…

“If Santorum can consolidate the support of these groups as Gingrich did momentarily in South Carolina, the battle between him and his amalgam of red-hots and Romney and his army of regulars will be pitched—and, depending on what happens on Tuesday in Michigan, maybe bloody and protracted

“The reality is that even winning Michigan (and Arizona the same day) may not be enough to rescue Romney from the rough. ‘Every money guy I know thinks Romney can’t win a general election,’ says a respected Washington player and presidential-campaign veteran. ‘Our guys on Capitol Hill are moving into survival-of-the-fittest, only-worrying-about-themselves mode. They think the damage to Romney may be done and may be irreversible—and now he might not even be the nominee. So Romney not only has to win Michigan and Arizona, but he has to have a resounding knockout on Super Tuesday or he’s gonna be in real, real trouble.’…

[I]f Obama prevails, precisely the opposite dynamic is likely to kick in: a period of bitter recriminations followed by a reformation (or counterreformation) of the GOP. This, please recall, was what many Republicans were counting on to happen in the wake of their party’s loss of the White House and seats in the House and Senate in 2008. Instead, Republicans seized on a strategy of relentless opposition to Obama, which proved politically effective in 2010 but left the party as bereft of new ideas, a constructive agenda, or a coherent governing philosophy as before. With Obama having looked beatable months ago, a botched bid to oust him—especially if coupled with a failure to take over the Senate—would usher in a full-blown Republican conflagration, followed by an effort to rise from the ashes by doing the opposite of what caused the meltdown of 2012.

***

Via Mediaite.

***

“‘Well, I think it is important to appeal to the independents, certainly as I’ve described, Ronald Reagan did,’ she said. ‘We will not win by getting only the people who voted for John McCain. So, yeah, we need moderates. We need my gender. We need independents. But I don’t even know what he is talking about — playing to fears, particularly. When I make that point I have specific criticisms. I don’t think we should be prattling nonstop about contraception in the middle of an economic meltdown. I don’t think we need a candidate who proposes child janitors and then turns around and opposes worker comp requirements in the welfare reform. That is Newt Gingrich. I think you need an appealing candidate. But conservative positions are appealing and the more conservative a candidate is, you know the better off you are, which is why I support Mitt Romney.’”

***

“GOP presidential hopeful Rick Santorum said today that watching John F. Kennedy’s speech to the Baptist ministers in Houston in 1960 made him want to ‘throw up.’

“‘To say that people of faith have no role in the public square? You bet that makes you throw up. What kind of country do we live that says only people of non-faith can come into the public square and make their case?’ Santorum said…

‘I don’t believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute. The idea that the church can have no influence or no involvement in the operation of the state is absolutely antithetical to the objectives and vision of our country,’ said Santorum. ‘This is the First Amendment. The First Amendment says the free exercise of religion. That means bringing everybody, people of faith and no faith, into the public square. Kennedy for the first time articulated the vision saying, no, ‘faith is not allowed in the public square. I will keep it separate.’ Go on and read the speech ‘I will have nothing to do with faith. I won’t consult with people of faith.’ It was an absolutist doctrine that was foreign at the time of 1960,’ he said.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

The GOP will say..day…kay… nope, can’t think of anything.

BoxHead1 on February 27, 2012 at 12:38 AM

LOL! Well BH1 damn near everything that could be contributed to that theme was–in several languages. That well has just about been tapped, so to speak.

predator on February 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM

FloatingRock on February 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Bmore, a great instrumental by the ABB:

predator on February 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

In his books he agrees with Rothbard that fractional reserve banking is fraudulent. It’s a free-banking system…as long as banks don’t use token money.

joana on February 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM

In that very link I shared, he alluded to the fraud. But I didn’t hear him say he’d use the government to impose a metallic standard. He only said he’d use the government to make sure the currency wasn’t fraudulent.

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Hey Sgt. Vulcha! Have you checked out any of those Underworld movies with Kate Beckinsale yet?

predator on February 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Also, I find the Ron Paul approach to “currency” the most appealing. It seems to incorporate a more competitive, transparent approach.

MeatHeadinCA on February 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

predator on February 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Few better, classic.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

predator on February 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM

And I thank you for you. Wish providence would have allowed me to have joined after 9/11 instead of “back then”. So many more opportunities commensurate with the training and skills that were given me!

Oh well. All things to their time. So glad you served. So glad I served. So good to know you.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Confutus on February 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I can respect your opinion!…and you are not telling people they are stupid…or they can rub some knob…or smoke their dope…or take their meds…or threaten some butt…etc.
That’s the kind of posts I always read (before I got in on the first reg)…and got lost after the second reg.
I’d rather sit back and read what you folks have to say, than try to change lobotomy4life diaper’s, or the secretion of bluegill gushing!
I would enjoy reading unseen discuss what she thought SP’s strategy was, or those who would defend Romney, Cain or Crazy Eyes…before the shrill came in!

KOOLAID2 on February 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Hey guys, riddle me this, how come every time bluegill and her merry group of Rmoney peeps post, I hear this song in my head?

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

FloatingRock on February 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Good one! Dang you had to dust that one off. Its been a while. LOL!

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Hey, am I too late, caught in a…..;

MontanaMmmm on February 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

The GOP will say..day…kay… nope, can’t think of anything.

BoxHead1 on February 27, 2012 at 12:38 AM

this will help

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

SparkPlug, you still here?

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

So glad you served.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Whoa. Full disclosure here. I wouldn’t want to be one of those who makes false claims. I was not in. 1970. I was 1-A and went through the draft lottery. Number did not come up. Just an avid admirer and ardent studier of the military.

I had planned to volunteer for the service during ‘Nam, but a friend of my sister’s who had just got back drove me around the country on an all nighter to talk me out of it. He tried to get me to defer. I wouldn’t do that. I told him that on his advice I wouldn’t sign up, but that I would make myself available to the draft. Felt like I should at least do that. He relented, but said, “Pray you don’t go. No one here appreciates it.”

Tragically, he was right about a lot of people in this country at that time.

predator on February 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

SparkPlug, you still here?

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

OMG. It happened again. Right before you called me I posted. remember before you asked me to post a song? only I just posted one 10 seconds before your post.

WEIRD. Twilight zone.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

There you are, kinda started me when the page refreshed. Hey did you get my message about owing you a royalty. I know fluffin is cozmo’s but I borrowed Mittler youth. Thats yours right?

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I’m jealous

Kataklysmic on February 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Yep and oh wow. Maybe deep down, maybe all that the bunch of us has ever wanted is Cirque du Soleil tix…

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

WEIRD. Twilight zone.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

LOL! : )

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

started=startled

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

HOTEL? …I keep hearing that thumping from the ‘Jaws’ movie!

KOOLAID2 on February 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

My contribution is this one..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

predator on February 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I remember. That was so impressive! Thanks for reminding me. Ask again at the end of this week; bet I’ll have seen one.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Hey, am I too late, caught in a…..;

MontanaMmmm on February 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Not a thing wrong with that right there. Except he should have stuck around longer : ( At least we have what we we have. : )

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Oh that’s what you meant. fluffin’ nutter is cozmo. I think I was the first to use Mitler Youth. I may have seen it used before somewhere tho. There is nothing new under the sun. Except maybe “The GOP will betray you.” (:

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Awl come on now she’s just a tiny fish. Waste of perfectly good scales really. ; )

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I’m gonna play the song again, just for you.

;)

predator on February 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM

“The GOP will betray you.” (:

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM

True, I still owe ya though.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

My contribution is this one..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Nice live version. : ) Nice sound, always loved Doobie Brothers. Good times, great memories.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM

True, I still owe ya though.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Its all good.

how about some NEIL YOUNG.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

this will help

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

That helped.

The GOP will screenplay you.

BoxHead1 on February 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

predator on February 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Whew! Whatever, I’m glad you’re alive. And thanks for your honesty. It’s a good Soldier quality that in you, I salute.

Stand down.
G’night good man.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Dire Straits on February 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

OMG, Dire luv ya. You just flashed me back to my first real dance with the cutest boy at summer camp in 7th grade. ahh good times….

MontanaMmmm on February 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Dire Straits on February 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

OMG, Dire luv ya. You just flashed me.

MontanaMmmm on February 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

He does that every now and then. Most of the time he gets arrested but you liked it. (:

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Stand down.
G’night good man.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

And goodnight to you, Sgt. It’s almost bunk time for me. I have about three fingers worth to put down, and then I’m out.

predator on February 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

: )

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

MontanaMmmm on February 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Good deal..Gotta love the memories..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM
: )

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

nitey nite – call in like I see it – just kiddin :0

MontanaMmmm on February 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I just saw the movie “Season of the Witch” yesterday, so what the hell, might as well throw this golden oldie into the mix.

predator on February 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM

When old Rick goes back to doing whatever it is he does, we can always remember him for his most prolific quote when referencing our nations only Catholic president.
“That makes me throw up”. Sweater Vest 2012

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2012 at 1:20 AM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

You know as a Southern man I ain’t supposed to like Neil, but I always have. Rust and Dust show at Madison Square was gang busters. Here try this, its part of the reason why.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM

MontanaMmmm on February 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Good night, pleasant dreams.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM

“That makes me throw up”. Sweater Vest 2012

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2012 at 1:20 AM

It is a damn shame he never got to force citizens to purchase something…like Romney.

tom daschle concerned on February 27, 2012 at 1:26 AM

predator on February 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Still has a heII of a good sound.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Looks like everybody’s calling it a night. Must be closin’ time and last call, so good night all.

See ya next weekend on the QOTD for another night of festivities.

predator on February 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Good night, pleasant dreams.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM

U2 -U2

MontanaMmmm on February 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Oh Fee, You’re trying to live a life that’s completely free.

You’re racing with the wind and flirting with death…

…so have a cup of coffee and catch your breath.

tom daschle concerned on February 27, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Still has a heII of a good sound.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Brings back some memories. The good times, although I don’t remember a lot of them. ;)

predator on February 27, 2012 at 1:29 AM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Of course I’m sure your aware of the first have of the conflict.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:30 AM

predator on February 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Enjoyed it ..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2012 at 1:31 AM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Enjoyed it ..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Same here, you ol’ instigator you. ;)

I’m gone.

predator on February 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM

predator on February 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM

We do our best..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM

The GOP will screenplay you.

BoxHead1 on February 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I hate on your excellence
…yet admire it.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM

tom daschle concerned on February 27, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Good tune, I get caught up here, I think I will start adding them to my collection. You ever hear of the cats? They’re popular out this way. They have a very loyal fan base. Kinda the same way the Dead had.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM

predator on February 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Night predator.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM

predator on February 27, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Missed this, or was it that?

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I never could get into galactic, string cheese, widespread, or wilco. I think those were all dead/phish analogues.

What’s his name…the one man band…Kellar Williams

tom daschle concerned on February 27, 2012 at 1:50 AM

have=half

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Must me getting tired. One more for from the road. I think I may have posted this once before a while back. Always worth another tumble.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 1:53 AM

tom daschle concerned on February 27, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Yeah, I never got the bug for em either. But man if you get it, you stay got, apparently.

On that note I’m out. Good night everybody.

Bmore on February 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM

In ’08, Romney(3rd) quit the race in Feb and Huck(2nd) quit the race March 5th after McCain(1st) garnered the required amount of delegates (1191)with wins that “Super Tuesday”. This election cycle, everyone is supposed to quit the race yesterday with no one having won 1/2 the delegates needed. Why’s that?

Gohawgs on February 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I hope the morning crew can clean this up..:):)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Oh, how I miss the days of Reagan…

when I was three and none of this sh!t mattered :)

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Oh, how I miss the days of Genesis…

when this was the best song evah

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 2:32 AM

and as long as no one is up, let’s get down to the ultimate in Brett Michael’s memorabilia

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 2:49 AM

For which It stands

Gohawgs on February 27, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Republic makes the Bamster tight in the throat too…he thinks we live in a dictatormacracy

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:03 AM

ok you people are crazy. who did all this? we know who.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2012 at 3:10 AM

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:03 AM

NOT Larry Sinclair???

Gohawgs on February 27, 2012 at 3:15 AM

As I remember it, Romney was in second place behind McCain, but had been largely financing his campaign with his own money. He saw that he wasn’t going to win it and bowed out rather than split the party and throw more money away on a losing effort. Huckabee kept going and ended up with more delegates, before he, too, conceded.
This is in part because there were more and larger states contested before Super Tuesday and more delegates had been awarded. This time around, since the Republican Party has been penalizing states with early primaries by awarding them half the delegates, some states have scheduled their primaries later. The race is closer and fewer delegates have been awarded, so there isn’t the pressure to drop out early. I don’t expect anyone to concede before Super Tuesday. Afterwards, we shall see.

Confutus on February 27, 2012 at 3:15 AM

If romney ever belts out SLAYER! and gives the goat head sign. I’ll vote for him. Till then. Romney is betamale.

Gedge on February 27, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Gohawgs on February 27, 2012 at 3:15 AM

come now…that was proven false by administration approved lie detector analyses

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:20 AM

come now…that was proven false by administration approved lie detector analyses

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Did I write Larry Sinclair??? I meant, Michelle…

Gohawgs on February 27, 2012 at 3:23 AM

now that would make any man tight in the throat…even if he was drunk as Davey Crockett

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Confutus on February 27, 2012 at 3:15 AM

But, there does seem to be a bit of teeth gnashing that Romney isn’t the only candidate left standing — after the 1st Primary…

Gohawgs on February 27, 2012 at 3:27 AM

I wonder if Breitbart’s videos involve blow, Larry Sinclair, and more blowing?

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:29 AM

134th look at Chris Christie?

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:35 AM

134th look at Chris Christie?

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Is that you, Ann?

Christie can’t make it across a field without Gov’t assistance…

Gohawgs on February 27, 2012 at 3:38 AM

okeydokey – here’s a great one from a local band in my neck of the woods

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Hooters and Zombies

Gohawgs on February 27, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Gohawgs on February 27, 2012 at 3:38 AM

hahahaha

1st look at Zombie Reagan?

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:45 AM

the fvck y’all want!

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:48 AM

hahahahaha…this is awesome – I’ve never seen so many mullets on the same stage

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Etagere you
Hair turn gray you
Frikkin-A you

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM

The GOP won’t liberate you,
it’ll confiscate you, cause
Mitt wants to be your man….
Someday we’ll look back on this,
and it will all seem funny.

*ohhh, that’s a sweeeet link*

cane_loader on February 27, 2012 at 4:11 AM

boy mika sure hates folks who are criticizing dear leader for apologizing…comparing koran burning to flag burning? c’mon mika

cmsinaz on February 27, 2012 at 6:12 AM

ah, the bashing of both mitt and rick when joe is away is strong this am….

cmsinaz on February 27, 2012 at 6:15 AM

cmsinaz on February 27, 2012 at 6:12 AM

You do a public service by watching that show every morning! I couldn’t do it.

Night Owl on February 27, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Night Owl on February 27, 2012 at 6:36 AM

it can be tough lemme tell ya

cmsinaz on February 27, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Mika has the IQ of my third @ss cheek…of which I’ve none

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 6:46 AM

last I checked I wanted to kill the flag burning ocupoopers but I restrained myself…that’s the diff Mika

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Dudes: Check out how the moron Mika moves her right and left shoulders anterior to posterior, anterior to posterior when she talks…the stoooopid sas. I think she’s there to make the men look like geniuses. It’s not working.

gracie on February 27, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Interesting information from a recent poll out of Michigan:

The last week of the campaign in Michigan has seen significant damage to Santorum’s image with GOP voters in the state. His net favorability has declined 29 points from +44 (67/23) to now only +15 (54/39). Negative attacks on Romney meanwhile have had no negative effect with his favorability steady at +20 (57/37). Two weeks ago Santorum’s net favorability in Michigan was 34 points better than Romney’s. Now Romney’s is 5 points better than Santorum’s.

Also of note:

-Romney is winning union households 40-29 over Santorum, just another data point suggesting that his bailout stance isn’t going to be a big problem for him at least in the primary.

-Only 5% of likely primary voters are Democrats and they’re splitting their votes 28-28 between Romney and Santorum…it doesn’t look like the 2012 version of ‘Operation Chaos’ is getting off the ground.

Long story short: Republican voters are rejecting the unelectable bigot Rick Santorum. We are going with Mitt Romney, the man who will beat Barack Obama!

All the Democrat cheerleading for the bigot Rick Santorum (Democrats know the bigot Santorum would be EASY for Obama to beat) hasn’t helped as much as they hoped it would.

Go Mitt!!

bluegill on February 27, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Mika’s a definite brown bagger, that’s for sure.

tape over the mouth too…then maybe

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 6:56 AM

and politico toots their own horn on their poll that shows dear leader winning the independents, oh how they are giddy about that…

cmsinaz on February 27, 2012 at 6:57 AM

bluegill, it would be a lot easier to take you seriously if you’d stop cheerleading for mittens the Inevitable

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 7:01 AM

“That makes me throw up”. Sweater Vest 2012

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Aw, yes. Those profound, immortal words of Rick Santorum will forever live on in our memories long after the bigot Santorum loses the nomination to Romney this year.

bluegill on February 27, 2012 at 7:03 AM

how about Maddow going off on Politifact?!?!?!

6 months ago they’re the pulitzer prize winning website

now Maddow says they’re hacks! that’s one shill of a lezzy

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 7:03 AM

bluegill on February 27, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Oh blew one: u left out the most important parts
Mutton chops quivering at 39, Santorum 37. Margin of error 3-4. Rick will grab a chunk of the delegates for sure. Gonna be a long ride to the convention.

gracie on February 27, 2012 at 7:07 AM

bluegill on February 27, 2012 at 7:03 AM

is shilling fun for you…is it just your thang?

get off his beautifully groomed, four American Car owning d!ck please.

yay Mitt. we get it

DHChron on February 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I agree almost entirely with this paragraph. The GOP though were “relentlessly opposed” to Obama though only in response to Tea Party pressure.

ddrintn on February 27, 2012 at 7:11 AM