Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:00 am on February 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

How important are Michigan and Arizona to Romney’s campaign? Important enough that the man himself will make a rare Sunday morning appearance on Fox to pitch himself to late deciders. (Santorum, a Sunday morning stalwart, will be on ABC and NBC.) That’s your best bet, especially since Chris Wallace decided to schedule him back to back with Mitch the Knife, whose name you’ll be hearing a lot later this week if Santorum pulls the upset on Tuesday.

If you’re sick of the primary, and everyone is, try the gay-marriage face-off on CBS between O’Malley and Christie instead. The full line-up via the AP:

ABC’s “This Week” — Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum; Govs. Rick Snyder, R-Mich., and Deval Patrick, D-Mass.

NBC’s “Meet the Press” — Santorum; Govs. Jerry Brown, D-Calif., and Jan Brewer, R-Ariz.

CBS’s “Face the Nation” — Govs. Martin O’Malley, D-Md., and Chris Christie, R-N.J.

CNN’s “State of the Union” — Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.; Govs. John Hickenlooper, D-Colo., and Scott Walker, R-Wis.; Robert Gibbs, adviser to President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign.

“Fox News Sunday” — Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney; Gov. Mitch Daniels, R-Ind.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

You are a flat out liar. I am not csdeven, and I do not want csdeven to be held responsible for anything I say.

You sad cases seem to be obsessed with csdeven. Maybe it’s because csdeven outwits you dimbulbs at every turn? Who knows.

Grow up.

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM

We need to remember that attack ads (and pamphlets) have been around since the second election of our country.

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I am primarily interested in who will go after the Jugeared Won-dur and not their own.
If you want to impress me and win my vote, direct your attack at him and display your willingness and ability to take him on.
Other than that it’s just schoolyard bickering and neither professional nor demonstrative of leadership.

OkieDoc on February 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 10:37 AM

You have a bad memory.

smoothsailing on February 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Now many of the Arizona Latinos who intesnely disliked Brewer will apply their dislike to Willard, and support one of his opponents.

Emperor Norton on February 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Emperor…
I live in AZ and I do not know of these latinos that hate Gov Brewer…I do know of the ILLEGALS living in the state (that cannot or should not be voting) that picket Sheriff Joe’s office daily BUT these are not Republican voters anyhow. So I do not believe your example works in trying to apply it to Romney.

I work and live around Latino’s at home and they have NO ISSUES with wanting the border enforced…they get affected by illegals just as we do because they are AMERICAN citizens and those that came over here legally are TICKED at the ones sneaking across the border now! :o)

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM

@Rational Thought

The detroit economics club controlled the venue. Santorum got 400 people and romney sold out for the 700 seat venue. Detroit isn’t new york and they had no time to move to another hotel. There aren’t that many hotels in downtown detroit.

Plus Ford Jr is on the board of the detroit economics club.

Romney got 1,200 people. It is a fundraiser for the detroit economics club. Tickets were $45 for members and $100 for non members.

Romney’s campaign people were against the venue but they had no choice.

Finally the venue was supposped to be in the atrium in ford field which would have been packed and a great venue. At the last minute the secret service said it was a no go because of security reasons. So with the speech starting at noon they had to quickly move it to the field or not have the speech. Romney’s advisers weren’t for this venue and they didn’t control where the venue was.

This is where the media is a HUGE factor. Obama has this happen all the time of secruity reasons moving a venue and empty seats and the media doesn’t talk about it.

And in Romney’s case they barely mentioned the fact that the detroit economics club controlled the venue, that it was a fundraiser not a campaign rally and that the secret service moved it from the atrium.

Here is the picture of the atrium at Ford Field where the speech would have been given if the secret service didn’t at the last minute say no. There is no view of the field with empty seats and would have been a great location.

The detroit economics club apologized to the romney campaign.

ryandan on February 26, 2012 at 10:48 AM

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM

OkieDoc on February 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I agree with you that the focus needs to be on “THE ONE” and Romney has been doing that for quite awhile (you can visit his site at mittromney.com and see all the former ads/videos) but I believe that since it is the primary EACH candidate is trying to distinguish himself from the other by running ads that some may call attack ads that are pointing out policy or voting record differences. I am okay with that type of ad…even the ones that paint Romney in a negative light because these are the Big Leagues and you need to be able to take a punch and get back up again…if not then you need to get out because WE ALL KNOW HERE ON HA that Obama is NOT going to tread lightly.

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 10:49 AM

bluegill, here’s some advise – vehement denial is far less effective than simply ignoring the naysayers after a quick fvck you

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM

You are 100% right. I think Emperor Norton was just stretching to find a way to try to spin in a negative way something that is an OBVIOUS HUGE positive for Mitt Romney.

Jan Brewer is a hero with backbone and is admired by ALL races.

By the way, check out this song: God Save Arizona

It’s one of my favorite new Ray Stevens songs.

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM

To: Katie Packer-Gage, Romney Campaign
Dear Katie:

Thanks so much again for a great day. It was a privilege to host Governor Romney and we were delighted to have such a terrific turnout of 1200 members and guests. Folks at the strolling luncheon afterwards were happily abuzz.

Sadly, I just heard that there is some confusion in the media regarding the selection of today’s venue. That is very disappointing after such a terrific meeting.

As I said in my remarks today, we sold out the previous venue in 90 minutes and were delighted that Ford Field was available and could accommodate the DEC. Further, we thought it a wonderful Detroit landmark to host this nationally broadcast meeting.

The original plan was to host the Romney meeting in the atrium, which is where we host DEC meetings when at Ford Field. During our walk through with the security team there were further issues raised due to the size of the crowd so we moved the event to the field. Had we followed our normal plan in the atrium, the football field would not have been visible – and the room would have been packed.

I so apologize for this confusion. Thank you again.

Best,

Beth

Following Friday’s speech Chappell sent the Romney campaign a letter clarifying the process after the setting was widely panned by commentators across the political spectrum, a development she wrote was “very disappointing after such a terrific meeting.” She added, “I so apologize for the confusion.”

Another board member, who asked not to be named, confirmed Chappell’s account and noted that the attendance was impressive for a club-organized event.

“I’m just being really honest with you, 1200 is a good crowd. Twelve hundred is one of the largest crowds they’ve had,” the board member said. “It wasn’t sparse — it was the way that they set it up.”

The member confirmed the Club president’s story that the event was moved to Ford Field because there wasn’t enough time to find a smaller venue for the (relatively) large crowd. They also confirmed the Secret Service’s role in moving the event from the atrium to the field itself, where cameras caught the mass of empty space that ended up overshadowing Romney’s speech.

Even though the truth might help Romney, whom the board member opposes, the member said it was important “to be fair.”

“I was there. And it was not sparsely attended,” the board member said. “That was one of the largest economic crowds I have ever seen.”

A spokesman for the Secret Service said that as a rule, they never discuss deliberations with staff publicly, but that in general it’s “very common” for the Secret Service to coordinate with campaigns about selecting the location of events.

ryandan on February 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Just for the record, and so I stop getting these e-mails, csdeven and bluegill post from entirely different IP addresses.

Ed Morrissey on February 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Rasmussen’s Daily Presidential Tracking Poll:

In a potential Election 2012 matchup, the president leads Mitt Romney 45% to 43%. That matches the closest Romney has been since February 2.

Now, where can I get that Romney paid troll money that I’ve read so much about?

Syzygy on February 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

somewhat OT –

sheriff Joe is a blowhard corrupt piece of Cow excrement.

But AZ’s immigration law mirrors the unenforced Fed law…so get rid of the POS hick sheriff and let’s secure the borders.

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Not hard to fake. You’ll never convince me otherwise.

smoothsailing on February 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Jan Brewer is a hero with backbone and is admired by ALL races.

By the way, check out this song: God Save Arizona

It’s one of my favorite new Ray Stevens songs.

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Thanks, bluegill…but I cannot listen or view any type of YouTube or whatever you sent on the computers here at work in Afgh.

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Romney’s campaign people were against the venue but they had no choice.

ryandan on February 26, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Yes. They did. They could have said no. The Economic Club would have scrambled and found a new venue. Come on, man. This is just silly. The campaign screwed up. Detroit is a major metropolitan area with an international airport 20 miles away. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of appropriate venues within 20 minutes of that airport. They could have rented a facility at Eastern Michigan University, right up the road off I-94. They could have used a hangar at Willow Run Airport, which, incidentally, hosts lots of these kinds of things. Stop. You’re just sounding whiny…kind of like the Romney campaign. And I say that as a Romney supporter. I am really, really concerned that his campaign staff is that incompetent. He is supposed to be the competency candidate.

Rational Thought on February 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM

It was a major, major campaign screw-up.

Rational Thought on February 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM

And who are the only people talking about it?

No one.

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM

ryandan on February 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Great correction and hopefully those bashing Romney will recognize HE is popular with conservatives and I will even admit that sometimes he is not the best at off-the-cuff remarks but that does not bother me as I am more concerned about the economy and THAT is something Romney is an expert at fixing.

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 11:00 AM

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM

You are right about that. The thing is… I don’t care what people think about me. I just don’t want csdeven to be held responsible for anything I say. Sometimes I express strong opinions on here, so I wanted to clear that up totally and make it clear that my posts are mine and mine alone.

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 11:00 AM

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Our server never restricted any sites. We could view almost anything. They did seem to block all the sex related sites though which was good.

smoothsailing on February 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

You sad cases seem to be obsessed‘ with csdeven. Maybe it’s because csdeven outwits you dimbulbs at every turn? Who knows.

Grow up.

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM

There’s ^^^^ that WORD again! Who always used that word?

KOOLAID2 on February 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

somewhat OT –

sheriff Joe is a blowhard corrupt piece of Cow excrement.

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

DHC…We LOVE Sheriff Joe because he DOES HIS JOB and yes, craves the media attention but that is good because he is out there showing THIS is how you enforce the law and that is definitely one thing illegals know he does in Maricopa County! That is why gets re-elected so often.

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Ed Morrissey on February 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Oh. My. God. People actually wrote about this?!?!

You people are nuts!

csdeven, you have my utmost sympathy for having these crazed stalker types out to get you or something.

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

note to self: never given even the slightest bit of identifying information on this comment board.

FREAKY!

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Poor bluegill carp can’t even afford a new thought to post, and you claim it has multiple IP locations?/

Oh well, it least it doesn’t like Sanctimonium. That guy makes rObamney look good.

S. D. on February 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM

lol I have no idea why they have bought into the sock puppet meme. I had no idea what a sock puppet was until they brought it up.

HEY! Perhaps they bring it up because they are the sock puppets?

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Rational Thought on February 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Rational…It was shown that the Romney campaign directed by the Secret Service moved the event (because of the size of the crowd) to Ford Field. I do not know why you are upset or still pondering on this after the real story has now been posted? :o)

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM

FREAKY!

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Are you crying?

katy the mean old lady on February 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Romney/Daniels 2012

I like the sound of that :-)

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM

S. D. on February 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

This post makes no sense.

antisense on February 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

smoothsailing on February 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

smoothie…
Yeah, those same sites but my NIPR computer where I am blocks youTube and ANY social media like Facebook, blogs, etc and even some educational, military, and other sites get blocked! There is no rhyme or reason to the reasons…haha

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM

smoothsailing on February 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Puritan.

antisense on February 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Ed Morrissey on February 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Ed, I’m not emotionally involved in this dispute…I’m a big csdevin fan. I do think different IP addresses are achievable through nefarious bluegilling just as Obama can eat shark fins through nefarious consumption of said fins.

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Ed Morrissey on February 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Thank you Ed!

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I don’t think commenters csdeven, bluegill, and rich801 are actually the same person.

True, they are often strident on behalf of their empty suit, Willard, and they sound alike, but they are not one person. Remember, the nature of a cult is to have plenty of members, but who all sound alike. That’s the part that will fool you. To a cult, the more members they have, the better. They want to expand. They are Borg!

Since we are discussing Willard, let me point out that the Mormons actively promote the idea of “the more the merrier,” too. They send their yoots on missions to make converts to Mormonism. They baptize the dead into their religion, while they’re not looking. And the Mormons used to practice polygamy. They believed it would increase the size of their group. Willard’s own great-great-grandpappy Parley Pratt had 12 wives. At the same time. Even Larry King only had 7 wives–and they were not concurrent.

Willard’s great-grandfather Miles Park Romney had 5 wives and 30 children. Yes, you read that right. Five wives and 30 children.
And this was way before the NBA.

The reality is that many commenters can sound alike and think alike, even to an extreme degree.

Emperor Norton on February 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM

The “real story”? Yeah. I didn’t see “the real story” in any of the coverage of that disaster, and now Obama’s got lots of film for some brutal ads. Deal with reality. Romney will have to.

Romney/Daniels 2012

I like the sound of that :-)

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Daniels is 4 feet tall, with a bad comb over and a truly wacky marital history. Come on, man. Let’s not pick candidates whose personal lives will become the story.

Rational Thought on February 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Ed Morrissey on February 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Doesn’t mean they don’t suffer the same integrity, intelligence, and mental maladies.

tom daschle concerned on February 26, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Puritan.

antisense on February 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM

It was a Middle Eastern company that provided the service.

smoothsailing on February 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

HEY! Perhaps they bring it up because they are the sock puppets?

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

You really drive some of the people here crazy, it seems. Kudos to you.

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Like you, I couldn’t care less what these loons believe. The problem is that it reflects badly on Hot Air because it presumes that Ed, Allah, and Tina, are amateur rubes who are unable to police this site. They should publicly apologize to Ed, Allah, and Tina, for publicly insulting them.

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Stop with all the pessimism. Incumbents lose re-election campaigns more than the challenger wins them.

technopeasant on February 26, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Quite right, provided the challenger keeps it a referendum on the failed incumbent. A challenger who is so flawed that the issue becomes him, rather than the incumbent, is a loser. We can’t give America the choice between the fire or the frying pan. We need to offer a candidate who Americans can see in the office without a sense of dread. That keeps the question on whether the incumbent has earned another 4 years.

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

The North American International Auto Show is held at Cobo Hall in Detroit.
Cobo has been there 50+ years.
That venue would have been more than sufficient.

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

S. D. on February 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

This post makes no sense.

antisense on February 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Then given your nom de blog, I guess it meets with your approval.

S. D. on February 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

James Saville would disagree with you :)

Joe does his job alright – frames innocent teenagers for terrorists plots.

that’s not publicity, that’s criminal.

Secure the border, throw Joe in jail

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Emperor Norton on February 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Yes, they can. And that includes the supporters of every candidate. And the non-candidate, too, for that matter.

Syzygy on February 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Emperor Norton on February 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Replacing one ad hominem attack with another still does not change the fact that Romney has more delegates and more raw votes than anyone else.

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Emperor Norton on February 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM

hahahaha, snort…

OkieDoc on February 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

And, realistically, we all know who that candidate is — we’ve all known it for a while now — which is why I think the party will coalesce around Romney very quickly when it’s all said and done. He is the only one whose candidacy will put Obama on defense.

Rational Thought on February 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Quite right.

Well, I need to take off now. Good luck in the viper pit… or, should I say, clownhouse.

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I suspect she is not a conservative, she just hates Obama. She
turned down an invitation to the Governor’s dinner at the White
House.

Amjean on February 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I just love these kinds of remarks. The ghost of Gene McCarthy is lives on in the fever swamps of the GOP. Are you or have you ever sympathized with a liberal or liberal idea? Remember, you’re under oath. The stake is in the ground, the tinder is ready, we’ll get your confession of witchcraft one way or the other.

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I live in mass. I have voted for Romney for Senate,Governor,and President in 2008. I will vote for him this year in primary and hopefuuly for president.

Having said that he is a MODERATE technocrat. I suspect that most people miss the obvious.He is a equity capitalist at heart. If he has majorities in congress he will attempt to remake the economic structure of USA just like when Bain capital would take control of a money losing company.

That means adjustments to medicare,SS,medicaid,taxes,.
A restructuring of governemnt. In mass. he had an entrenched democratic legislature that prevented him from doing this.

Hopefully we will have a Republican congress.

Gerry-mittbot

gerrym51 on February 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM

the party will coalesce around Romney very quickly

Like flies on doo-doo?

Emperor Norton on February 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM

g2825m on February 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Yeah NIPR and SIPR. I didn’t catch the at work part. We still had guys manage to get to some UMCJ parties from content they got to.

smoothsailing on February 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Like flies on doo-doo?

Emperor Norton on February 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM

If that’s the imagery that gets you through the night, okay. But it will happen.

Rational Thought on February 26, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Romney/Daniels 2012
I like the sound of that :-)
MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM

The Ken Doll and the Cabbage Patch Kid? What could go wrong!

Naturally Curly on February 26, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Ed Morrissey on February 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Thank you Ed!

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Holy Cow! I wouldn’t believe it if Ed had not posted. What kind of compulsive losers plague Ed and Allah with e-mails over such moronic, paranoid conspiracies? How obscenely pathetic.

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Syzygy on February 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM

precisely why I support Tuna Sandwich McGurk…who couldn’t like a solid republican (not to mention yummy) candidate?

It’s him or McCotter.

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM

The Ken Doll and the Cabbage Patch Kid? What could go wrong!

Naturally Curly on February 26, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Nothing. Not a thing. There is enough economic and political brain power between those 2 that if it were fuel we would be exporting more energy than Saudi Arabia!

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Daniels 2012

Combover

gracie on February 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM

And what’s with Mitt’s white mutton chops??

gracie on February 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Combover

gracie on February 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Yeah, but Mitt’s hair is fabulous, so that should be plenty to lock up the shallow, superficial, look-obsessed vote. So you have no excuse to stay home on election day.

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM

My family has created more jobs than Obama in 31/2 years…how? Because we create jobs…we don’t save doomed unions and create create Unicorn handlers.

Obama – I’ll create and save negative 3,000,000 jobs…you’re welcome.

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I’m thinking of switching my support to Fred Karger.

Syzygy on February 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 11:24 AM

This is how the herd of trolls are culled. Just prove them to be what they are and they disappear. Hopefully Ed just culled the herd of Tinfoil Hat paranoid schizophrenics.

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM

“Gene McCarthy” or ‘Tail Gunner’ Joe?

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 26, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Re:

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM

“Gene McCarthy” or ‘Tail Gunner’ Joe?

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 11:31 AM

By the extreme deranged behavior the Tinfoil Hat Brigade was displaying, I suspected some were. Clearly it was way more than I suspected. It is sad. We used to have a much better class of troll. lol

L8R! Lots to do today!

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 11:45 AM

The choice was clear: Mitt Romney, the 45th President of the United States.

GO MITT!

I always admired Jan Brewer for her courage.

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I sincerely hope you have treatment options available for your coming personal deception. If Willard happens to win the nomination his defeat would be of epic proportions because the only chance he has to perform even as well as Carter did against Reagan would be a complete overturn of Obamacare by the Supreme Court.

Annar on February 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM

csdeven on February 26, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Lol.

smoothsailing on February 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Syzygy on February 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

first I’ve heard of Karger! I wonder if he like Tuna?

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Ed…if I ever e-mail you anything you have my recorded position to shoot me – fatally if you’d like. I must warn you I’m to the right of you Santy pubs who hate liberty though. I have 20 guns and security cameras :) and a vicious dog who would distract you by licking you to near death. WATCH OUT!!

but I’ll never e-mail you :(

feel free to e-mail me because I’m the bestest writer you got though

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM

*permission*

that’s called grammar

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 12:06 PM

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I hadn’t heard of him either, until he was mentioned a couple days ago on NPR. (Where would we be without NPR?)

Based on your question, I take it you’ve now educated yourself about him…..

And I will refrain from answering directly!

Syzygy on February 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Rational Thought on February 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Why don’t you join your Obama friends at Huffington. Gov Daniels is one of the smartest men in our party. Hopefully, and he will be part of the Romney cabinet.

Redford on February 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I like Daniels. But he and his wife’s marital history would be an unwanted distraction in the general election. I particularly think SHE would be against. it.

Better to give daniels a cabinet post

gerrym51 on February 26, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Redford on February 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I don’t think you have to be an Obama supporter to see that Daniels would probably not add to the electability of the ticket. Being part of the cabinet is one thing, picking him for VP is quite another.

Priscilla on February 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Go Newt!

Gingrich has a concise plan, a proven track record, will not have to learn on the job, has strong foreign knowledge and policies, and the tenacity and intelligence to undo Obama. Newt inspires confidence, stability, and security.

Romney is a sleazy used car salesman and phony as a three dollar bill.

Romney has proven he is good at buying people because he knows he can’t run on his RINO/Socialist record!

Sparky5253 on February 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Wasn’t he part of the Bush team somewhere along the line, growing the budget really big, blowing a whole lot of money out there never to return?

gracie on February 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Are you crying?

katy the mean old lady on February 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM

No! The bib and diaper get wet some other way!

KOOLAID2 on February 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I wonder when HA will post this;
tbrickert on February 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Hope so. Read it. Rick’s right.

gracie on February 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM

tbrickert on February 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM

As low as my regard is for the pious Rick (it was an act of great self-discipline to avoid the alliteration), he said,

I don’t believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute,

Well I don’t either. In fact, if I didn’t know him better, I would applaud him for acknowledging such a separation is there to begin with. Of course, he was understating his stance enormously, in that he would want nothing more than to entangle religion in government far beyond what our founders intended or liberty demands. But that particular quote does not damn him.

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 12:54 PM

gracie on February 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM

He was head of OMB from ’01 to ’03. Years in which he helped us out of the Clinton dotcom crash and worked to get the tax cuts passed. Bush’s irresponsible spending came later.

MJBrutus on February 26, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Redford on February 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Yeah. I belong over at HuffPost. You’ve really been paying attention. Sheesh. Daniels in the cabinet somewhere? Fine. As a running mate? No. I do not want to be treated to several months of learning all the gory details about when his wife left him for another man…and then came back…and then he took her back. Yeah. Worrying about that kind of story sucking the oxygen out of the campaign — that is just sooo Huffington Post.

Rational Thought on February 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Emperor Norton on February 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM

OMG, the Larry King and NBA references still have me giggling.

Fallon on February 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Oh. My. God. People actually wrote about this?!?!

You people are nuts!

csdeven, you have my utmost sympathy for having these crazed stalker types out to get you or something being such a tool like me.

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

msupertas on February 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Did they book Daniels the bookkeeper in the same program so Romney will appear strikingly charismatic?

galtani on February 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM

“If Santorum pulls the upset …” What upset? The guy was up by strong double digits two weeks ago – how can him winning be an upset after that?

Notice that Santorum has not yet won a primary with any delegates at stake, though. His only primary win was Missouri, a non-binding “straw vote” which Romney didn’t bother with contesting, and Gingrich didn’t even bother with qualifying for the ballot.

Adjoran on February 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Rational Thought on February 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Since we’ve all known it for quite a while now, why haven’t we already coalesced around Dear Leader of the Sacred Electability? Come on, you have to do a better job of living up to that username.

ddrintn on February 26, 2012 at 3:37 PM

ddrintn on February 26, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Oh, darlin’, I live up to my username in every way, every day, and you know it. The party hasn’t settled fully on Romney yet because he’s got to earn it. He’ll be a much stronger candidate after a bruising primary. When he finally gets the nom, everyone will climb on board. Sarah Palin will climb on board. Newt Gingrich will climb on board. He’ll have the stalwart trucons, the moderates, the indies, the God squad, all of ‘em. And we’ll all be focused on getting that mad man who is getting our soldiers killed in cold blood in Afghanistan out of the Oval Office.

Rational Thought on February 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I read the Huffington post also. Plus some other Liberal websites.
I like to read what their whining about. Boy they REALLY can whine

gerrym51 on February 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Adjoran on February 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Iowa.

hawkdriver on February 26, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I gotta say, though, I know a lot of Paul supporters, and they do not like Santorum. I thought they would — assumed they would — but they really hate the guy. Santorum’s rise is moving a lot of them to Romney. I don’t have an explanation for it. It’s just what I’ve seen.

Rational Thought on February 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Why did you assume that those who support a limited-government Constitutionalist, and who are in favor of limited government, would like a big-government statist? And I doubt they’re moving to Romney.

Dante on February 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Jan Brewer endorsed the most conservative candidate, Mitt Romney.

bluegill on February 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Supporting TARP disqualifies anyone from being considered a conservative.

Dante on February 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM

James Saville would disagree with you :)

Joe [Arpaio] does his job alright – frames innocent teenagers for terrorists plots.

that’s not publicity, that’s criminal.

Secure the border, throw Joe in jail

DHChron on February 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I remember that case very well. Old Joe has been paranoid for decades. It must have begun while he was an “undercover DEA agent in Colombia”.
Sure … *cough* *cough*

Joe keeps getting re-elected because of all the retirees in communities surrounding Phoenix. The old folks in Sun City really loves his horse-mounted “posse”.
:rolleyes