Video: A personal apology to the president of Afghanistan

posted at 8:13 pm on February 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Gateway Pundit. You’re going to watch this and a question is going to occur to you, so let me answer that question up front: No, we can’t nominate her instead of Romney or Santorum. C’mon — she looks much younger than 35.

But let’s check back in 2016.

Twelve more people died today because of the wholly inadvertent scorching of a couple of Korans, which may or may not be a felony in Pennsylvania by now. If you’re thinking this’ll all be behind us soon, though, well … change of plans:

The U.S. ambassador to Afghanistan sent a top secret cable to Washington last month warning that the persistence of enemy havens in Pakistan was placing the success of the U.S. strategy in Afghanistan in jeopardy, said U.S. officials.

The cable, written by Ryan C. Crocker, amounted to an admission that years of U.S. efforts to curtail insurgent activity in Pakistan by the lethal Haqqani network, a key Taliban ally, were failing. Because of the intended secrecy of that message, Crocker sent it through CIA channels, rather than normal State Department ones.

The cable, which was described by several officials familiar with its contents, could be used as ammunition by senior military officials who favor more aggressive action by the United States against the Haqqani havens in Pakistan. It also could buttress calls from senior military officials for a more-gradual withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan as the 2014 deadline for ending combat operations approaches…

“The sanctuaries are a deal-killer for the [Afghan war] strategy,” said a senior defense official, who was familiar with the current debate and who, like several officials in this story, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal deliberations.

Are they a “deal-killer”? Somehow I find it hard to believe that O’s going to slow things down after (a) Panetta already mentioned reducing our combat forces a year ahead of schedule, (b) Pentagon officials have started whispering to the media about shifting from counterinsurgency to counterterrorism led by Special Ops, and (c) Americans are no doubt sicker of the war than ever after a week of watching Afghans rampage over a few burned books. He wants to be the president who brought the troops home and suddenly he has more political cover than ever to do that — with an election just eight months away. I wonder what he’ll do.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

She has more balls than the entire Republican leadership combined.

I have no idea who she is, but I like her.

joekenha on February 24, 2012 at 8:18 PM

These types of videos are some of the few things that make me think
that the a$$hats haven’t taken over completely.

Amjean on February 24, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I don’t get the fervent anti-apology movement in the conservative blogosphere. Such jingoist pandering it’s sickening.

Lord on February 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Something tells me she ain’t a neocon. None of that nation building, winning hearts and minds for her. And I noticed, she had some not so kind words for social conservatives in the muslim world.

Over all, this is the type of voter that GOP candidates need to be wooing. Not the base. F the base.

keep the change on February 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Totally. Friggin’. Awesome. That’s what common sense looks like.

Rational Thought on February 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Atta girl.

Despite the best efforts of our nitwit teachers unions, retarded network media, and uniformly leftist celebrity/entertainment culture, some young American girl has developed such a startling clarity of moral judgment and worldview that she could write and present this classic piece of opinion journalism … and it gives me hope.

Jaibones on February 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Outstanding !

jtgun on February 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Lord: It seems there are a lot of things you “don’t get.” Do try and catch up with the rest of us some time, eh?

Good Solid B-Plus on February 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I had just watched this and clicked on HotAir and Allah has not let us down. He has the thread up already. Kudos.

This actually made me giggle. I am really glad someone has some perspective here.

karenhasfreedom on February 24, 2012 at 8:26 PM

This needs to go viral.

Disturb the Universe on February 24, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Forgot the ‘palate cleanser’ tag.

Scott H on February 24, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Good Lord! How did this woman escape from the Obama plantation? She’s in a lot of trouble with Obama’s Truth Watch Attack Team, for sure.

Maybe there is hope afterall.

Harbingeing on February 24, 2012 at 8:27 PM

But let’s check back in 2016.

She has my vote.

Disturb the Universe on February 24, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Now, I like that “apology”.
:D

whatcat on February 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Lord on February 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Dumbphuck doesn’t get sarcasm.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM

and I thought Dr. K was pissed…he’d be proud, and KP is probably wringing her hands somewhere about a black woman that doesn’t have to follow The Talking Points

r keller on February 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM

A year of interning with John Bolton and she’ll be ready for the gig.

princetrumpet on February 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM

People dont understand her till they have brothers or sisters in the military…

Something Romney has no clue. 5 boys with zero military experience.

liberal4life on February 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

So called Muslims used their Korans to plan killing and other nefarious plans. Troops found them defaced, as a result of that, with those plans and burned them. Kiss my white behind you who see this as wrong. I’ll stuff those Korans where the sun doesn’t shine. Don’t even try to use the Bible as a defense to your defense of that stinking Koran and the accompanying Hadiths. You’ll lose.

MNDavenotPC on February 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

She has more balls than the entire Republican leadership combined.

I have no idea who she is, but I like her.

joekenha on February 24, 2012 at 8:18 PM

No, she has guts. If she had balls, she’d have burned another one while talking.

bernverdnardo1 on February 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about!

constitutionalconservative on February 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I’m sorry that this would never see the light of day on the lap-dog media.

LizardLips on February 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Wow! Simply awesome.

I’m sorry the media hasn’t taken this and run it on every channel in every state.

I am sorry that there are not a lot more like this young lady who are more than willing to voice what our “leadership” shrinks from voicing, lest our “leadership” might “offend” somebody…like the ones who are killing our sons and daughters as well as their own in the name of “peace.”

Damn good job, young lady.

Don’t lose your voice.

Use it. Often. Loud and clear.

coldwarrior on February 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I look at Palin, Brewer, and this lady, and I think they have more testosterone and testes than most of our men!

KOOLAID2 on February 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM

liberal4life on February 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

They are just taking Obama’s lead.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM

People dont understand her till they have brothers or sisters in the military…

Something Romney has no clue. 5 boys with zero military experience.

liberal4life on February 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

So you guys talked about those bad polling numbers for Obama at the Organizing for America offices today, huh? “Now get out there and let’s get Barack re-elected!”

Rational Thought on February 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM

liberal4life on February 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Oh and we know you never served. That is very clearly welfare queen.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Lord on February 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM

You’re right, you just don’t “get it” and you probably never will.

Tim Zank on February 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Diggin’ it.

Only 300 hits? Time to change that, folks!

RedNewEnglander on February 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Krauthammer said it well “these are no longer apologies, this is groveling, on our knees”.

The president shames the land, every day.

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

MooCow would like to immediately propose marriage to her. Like…yesterday…

Facebook me, you gorgeously strong American woman. MooCow has lovin for you.

MooCow…out.

MooCowBang on February 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I’m so glad she so thinks about America /

liberal4life on February 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

And, Kearstin Powers is a groveling American fool. Why Fox pays her even a dime is befuddling.

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Wow!

Just wow!

Bruno Strozek on February 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Good stuff

John the Libertarian on February 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

She has more vids. Me likey.

29Victor on February 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

A blast from the not so distant past.

Obama has triple digit lead in Detroit as well. He beats Romney 3 to 1 there head-to-head

liberal4life on February 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Basic Math 101

25 x 3 = 75

liberal4life on February 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Like I asked on another thread. How does it feel to be the dumbest commenter on EVERY thread?

HumpBot Salvation on February 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Libturd4life were you edumacated in these United States of Amerrrica?

That was far far too funny.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Cannot imagine the million tons of hate she’s gonna take from the left. By the end of the week she’ll be out of school, out of work, and looking for a new place to live — with bars on the windows. She’s a brave young woman. She must have read some Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

Rational Thought on February 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I’m in love.

ButterflyDragon on February 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I’m so glad she so thinks about America /

liberal4life on February 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Turd feels threatened.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM

r keller on February 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I watched that entire segment. KP was regurgitating theWH talking points she must have received before the segment and I was screaming at the tv. Ruined my dinner. But Dr K got his points across.

FLconservative on February 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Only a total idiot and/or someone who hates Western Civilization and/or hates American troops would still want to stay in Afcrapistan.

VorDaj on February 24, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Lord on February 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Up yours, and I mean that with all sincerity.

Thomas More on February 24, 2012 at 8:40 PM

She is Captain Kickass. The White House is occupied by President Jackass.

Philly on February 24, 2012 at 8:40 PM

3 to 1 baby….

aahahahaahhaha what a dimwit.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Out: Obama Girl
In: Tea Party Girl

faraway on February 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM

People dont understand her till they have brothers or sisters in the military…

Something Romney has no clue. 5 boys with zero military experience.

liberal4life on February 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

You mentioned this before as if there was a military draft you were shanghaied for recently, that they missed.

KOOLAID2 on February 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM

She only has 121 subscribers. http://www.youtube.com/user/kiradavis422?feature=watch

Click & subscribe. Give her some encouragement.

29Victor on February 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM

So. Very. Awesome. Makes me think this country isn’t doomed after all.

KateNE on February 24, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Oh yes, stay in Afcrapistan for another 10 years, throwing away the lives and limbs of even more American troops for these stupid general’s hubris and nothing else. Damn these anti-American traitors to hell.

VorDaj on February 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Lord on February 24, 2012 at 8:21 P

Dimshiit…trying taking each story one by one and thinking about it. I know that is really really hard but just try. You don’t think it is silly that we are worried about some burnt books when people are being killed? Somehow , in fact, I know if the Afghanis were Christians and the books were Bibles you would be thinking a whole lot differently.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Now that is speaking truth to power!

I am sorry I haven’t had the opportunity to meet this lady; SHE IS AWESOME!

TN Mom on February 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM

liberal4life, watch that women. Now, she is beautiful, from the inside to the outside, and does she possess guts.

She is a mensch. The president is an utter fool. It’s one thing for the commander of the unit to say something, but not for the president of the ‘free’ world.

The still somewhat free world deserves self-destruction.

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM

When did Libfree4lifeonothers serve? I bet it was with Obama.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Barky is thrilled at the developments. All of his efforts went towards screwing things up so much in Afghanistan that America begged him to pull the troops out. This has all ben very obvious from the start, like when Barky called for a full strategic review of Afghanistan and then, when the review came in and the recommendation was for a surge in troops, Barky said that the review had taken 6 months to complete (duh) and was now obsolete because the conditions on the ground had changed. Basically, the retard in the White House said that the Pentagon were total idiots who knew less about what was going on in Afghanistan than the guy with the blazing 84 IQ sitting in the Oval Office.

So, what happened? America let Barky get away with that while the INdonesian Imbecile then called for another full strategic review … which also took months to make (as these reviews tend to) and returned with the same recopmmendation for a troop surge as before. Barky decided that he never needed to ask the Pentagon anything and made up his own number of troops “needed”. Great.

But, America let the despicable POS get away with it. Sad. Truly.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I’m so glad she so thinks about America /

liberal4life on February 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

So a sarc tag covers up for the drooling and brain leakage now?

KOOLAID2 on February 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Check out the rest of her channel–good stuff!

Sekhmet on February 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM

They certainly have more fortitude and character as well as what you stated.

arnold ziffel on February 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM

l4l, do they teach writing skills in the leftie schools?

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I’ve been re-posting this everywhere today. Amazing insight. Amazing bravery. God Bless this patriot!

rightwingindy on February 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Something Romney has no clue. 5 boys with zero military experience.

liberal4life on February 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

A blind squirrel who just fell out of a tree and hit his head would still be smart enough to see that Afcrapistan is an anti-American disaster.

VorDaj on February 24, 2012 at 8:46 PM

We have nothing to apologize for.
America is the driver of Western Civilization. Without us the rest of the world will revert to a medieval hellhole, as it’s already starting to do.
Jingoist…well, maybe. Pandering…nope, don’t see it. You see, we’re sincere in our pride and love for America and in our disgust and loathing for the scum that’s kissing tyrant ass.

single stack on February 24, 2012 at 8:46 PM

When did Libfree4lifeonothers serve? I bet it was with Obama.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I think lobotomy4life has ACORNS in its diaper!

KOOLAID2 on February 24, 2012 at 8:46 PM

All of Romney’s 5 “boys” are smarter than every general we now have.

VorDaj on February 24, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Something Romney has no clue. 5 boys with zero military experience.

liberal4life on February 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Mirro, mirror…how much military experience does Obama have, exactly?

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Mirror, mirror, look into it. The American Military is lead by civilians, still.

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 8:47 PM

For a very brave young lady I offer this Twain quote.

“The human race is a race of cowards; and I am not only marching in that procession but carrying a banner.”

I wish the men in the Republican Party have this much fire in their bellies to do and say the right thing.

hawkdriver on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Just watched this on gateway pundit and came back here and saw it..good job allah in putting this up here too.. this is absolutely brilliant and well said by Kira Davis…i think this is already going viral..just look at all
comments on the youtube page

Kira Davis for VP!!

sadsushi on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Click & subscribe. Give her some encouragement.

29Victor on February 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM

In for one.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

The generals want that extra star, from Obama, to get more in pensions. Thus, they are PC morons, from all sides.

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

rightwingindy on February 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I’m pimping her channel wherever I can. We need more of this. She needs to know she’s appreciated.

29Victor on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

No,she has guts. If she had balls, she’d have burned another one while talking.

bernverdnardo1 on February 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Touché.

joekenha on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Wow, somebody is so clueless as to try to equate American social conservatives with muslim fundamentalists. Must be the product of a public education, nobody else could be that frickin’ stupid. Not even worth tossing out any rational argument such as the fact that American social conservatives want to stop having babies ripped from their mothers’ wombs; muslim fundamentalists behead or kill victims of rape to maintain family honor. Yet a lib like this moron will claim moral equivalence.

keep the change on February 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Hey, clueless! She is the base.

AZfederalist on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I don’t get the fervent anti-apology movement in the conservative blogosphere.

Lord on February 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM

That’s because you’re stupid.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Killing or bombing are no longer acceptable terms in the services.

Now they call it “servicing the target”, no kidding.

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

This show that unlike the stupid anti-American crap at the Pentagon, aka Grand Mosque of Dhimmitude, they are real Americans.

VorDaj on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Standing ovation for that chick! Well stated!!

nachomama on February 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I’m in love…

NotCoach on February 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM

liberal4life on February 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Basic Math 101

25 x 3 = 75

liberal4life on February 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Sorry but what a hoot.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Jeb Bush will be apologizing for Kira Davis in 3.2.1

faraway on February 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM

keep the change on February 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM

You’re truly insane.

CW on February 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM

After 11 years of war trying to help both Iraq and Afghanistan deal with their internal affairs. I think the most Americans feel like this young woman feels. Perhaps there is hope for the next generation.

SC.Charlie on February 24, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Click & subscribe. Give her some encouragement.

29Victor on February 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Done!

JPeterman on February 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM

The president shames the land, every day.

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

He was good on this topic tonight. One of them on the panel also said that we apologized not because we respect islam, we don’t, rather we apologized to avoid the expected violence.

Enough of this crap about ‘our great respect for the religion of peace’.

slickwillie2001 on February 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM

It will take women to fix mens’ messes. Sorry-I HAD to go THERE.

ProudPalinFan on February 24, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Lord on February 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM

First of all, after you’ve apologized for something which is partly your enemy’s fault, without making the enemy’s role in the issue quite clear, all you’ve done is hearten the enemy.

If I were Mr. Obama, I’d have gone on TV with one of the more-defaced copies of the Koran and (a) apologized for our accidental burning, but made it quite clear via visual evidence that (b) the Taliban had profaned the Koran far worse than we had.

You want to put the ball into the enemy’s side of the court — put them on the defensive. The current scheme has our President cowering before Karzai and the Taliban.

I notice that said cowering doesn’t seem to be doing a thing — mainly because Obama has let the enemy seize the propaganda initiative.

unclesmrgol on February 24, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Here website also for all to see http://kiradavis.net/

sadsushi on February 24, 2012 at 8:55 PM

This needs to go viral.

Disturb the Universe on February 24, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I sent it to all right-minded people in my addy book. I hope all of you did as well.

I love this woman.

predator on February 24, 2012 at 8:56 PM

25 x 3 = 75

liberal4life on February 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM

You’d expect it to be up around 99% or so, if I get the OWS numbers right….

unclesmrgol on February 24, 2012 at 8:56 PM

For a very brave young lady I offer this Twain quote.

hawkdriver on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

And I offer these. And don’t worry, I’ve got plenty more.

Mosques are plenty, graveyards are plenty, but morals and whiskey are scarce. The Koran does not permit Mohammedans to drink. Their natural instincts do not permit them to be moral.

How they hate a Christian in Damascus! – and pretty much all over Turkeydom as well. And how they will pay for it when Russia turns her guns upon them again! It is soothing to the heart to abuse England and France for interposing to save the Ottoman Empire from the destruction it has so richly deserved for a thousand years. It hurts my vanity to see these pagans refuse to eat of food that has been cooked for us; or to eat from a dish we have eaten from; or to drink from a goatskin which we have polluted with our Christian lips, except by filtering the water through a rag which they put over the mouth of it or through a sponge! I never disliked a Chinaman as I do these degraded Turks and Arabs, and when Russia is ready to war with them again, I hope England and France will not find it good breeding or good judgment to interfere.

VorDaj on February 24, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Click & subscribe. Give her some encouragement.

29Victor on February 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Done!!

Tim Zank on February 24, 2012 at 8:57 PM

liberal4life, watch that women woman.

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM

How come I can never find women like this? My unlucky rabbit foot only lets me meet liberal women.

Fabulous video. Very articulate with her message.

VikingGoneWild on February 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM

DID I listen to a different video earlier? A few of you are making it sound like she’s anti-war, anti-military. She’s anti-Obama, anti-apology and anti-Karzi.

hawkdriver on February 24, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Funny thing that YouTube. Only shows 302 views right now. … and yet, it has 1,330 likes and 48 dislikes.

Funny thing that.

AZfederalist on February 24, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Lord on February 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM

What’s sickening is my President apologizing about burning Korans to a bunch of neanderthals that have no qualms about cutting the head off of someone for reading a Bible.

PalinLover on February 24, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Mark Twain’s evaluation of Muslims would be too candid for many sensitive ears today. The onus of political correctness nowadays stifles honest observation and truthful judgment regarding low-classed people. It is now the custom to deny inferiority by using euphemistic, white-washed language that speaks of depraved savages as being merely deprived.

The fact of the matter is that Muslim rule still means oppression and stifled progress. One has only to contrast the desolation of the Palestine of Mark Twain’s era to the productive fertility of Israel today to see that the right kind of people in a land can make a vast difference in its prosperity and its enlightened spirit.

VorDaj on February 24, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Funny thing that.

AZfederalist on February 24, 2012 at 8:59 PM

liberal4life is in charge of their math.

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 9:00 PM