Video: A personal apology to the president of Afghanistan

posted at 8:13 pm on February 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Gateway Pundit. You’re going to watch this and a question is going to occur to you, so let me answer that question up front: No, we can’t nominate her instead of Romney or Santorum. C’mon — she looks much younger than 35.

But let’s check back in 2016.

Twelve more people died today because of the wholly inadvertent scorching of a couple of Korans, which may or may not be a felony in Pennsylvania by now. If you’re thinking this’ll all be behind us soon, though, well … change of plans:

The U.S. ambassador to Afghanistan sent a top secret cable to Washington last month warning that the persistence of enemy havens in Pakistan was placing the success of the U.S. strategy in Afghanistan in jeopardy, said U.S. officials.

The cable, written by Ryan C. Crocker, amounted to an admission that years of U.S. efforts to curtail insurgent activity in Pakistan by the lethal Haqqani network, a key Taliban ally, were failing. Because of the intended secrecy of that message, Crocker sent it through CIA channels, rather than normal State Department ones.

The cable, which was described by several officials familiar with its contents, could be used as ammunition by senior military officials who favor more aggressive action by the United States against the Haqqani havens in Pakistan. It also could buttress calls from senior military officials for a more-gradual withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan as the 2014 deadline for ending combat operations approaches…

“The sanctuaries are a deal-killer for the [Afghan war] strategy,” said a senior defense official, who was familiar with the current debate and who, like several officials in this story, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal deliberations.

Are they a “deal-killer”? Somehow I find it hard to believe that O’s going to slow things down after (a) Panetta already mentioned reducing our combat forces a year ahead of schedule, (b) Pentagon officials have started whispering to the media about shifting from counterinsurgency to counterterrorism led by Special Ops, and (c) Americans are no doubt sicker of the war than ever after a week of watching Afghans rampage over a few burned books. He wants to be the president who brought the troops home and suddenly he has more political cover than ever to do that — with an election just eight months away. I wonder what he’ll do.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Out of the closet, strident black conservatives are a rare thing in public life.
They should be celebrated and encouraged. What’s depressing about that?
You’ve seen how they are vilified when they wander off the reservation.

Codec717 on February 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM

We need to close our bases around the world and bring all of our troops back home where they belong. Interventionism does not work. It drains our coffers, strains our military and stretches them thin, and doesn’t make us safer.

Dante on February 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Warfare is a drop in the ocean compared to welfare, and there hasn’t been a successful large-scale attack since 9/11.

stefanite on February 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I’d vote for her.

AP – It was not an accidental burning.

TfromV on February 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM

She’d better get an update video going since more U.S. military have died thanks to Koranhysteria.

Muslims, those self-proclaimed pompous iconoclasts [no pictures of Allah or Mohammad permitted!] have turned the Koran itself into an icon worth killing over.

World-historical hypocritical imbeciles.

profitsbeard on February 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM

God bless that girl.

RebeccaH on February 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Has our president apologized to the families of the service people killed while executing orders?
To the American children whose parents won’t be coming home?
This is why I want our service people home…I don’t trust their safety under a commander in chief who cares more about Muslim angst that American deaths.

rebekahhuang on February 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Killing or bombing are no longer acceptable terms in the services.

Now they call it “servicing the target”, no kidding.

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Tankers have used that term for at least 20 years that I’m aware of.

mnealtx on February 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM

This gal is my hero.

jeanie on February 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I haven’t read all the comments so if someone has posted this, sorry. Ramirez has his take on bho’s apology today. Again he is right on!

I do love this gal, God bless her.

L

letget on February 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM

She is terrific! She doesn’t need to run for office. She should raise many children! That is where the real power is.

virginiabelle on February 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

AP – It was not an accidental burning.

TfromV on February 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM

They keep using this word – accidental. I do not think it means what they think it means.

No one has burned any filthy, maggoty Korans “accidentally” – they pissed on them, poured kerosene on them and lit them on fire. This is not an accident.

It may not have been thoughtful, sensitive, or constructive, but it obviously wasn’t an accident. What is an accident is that we have elected such a wimpy, pos, Muslim-sucking nitwit as our President.

Jaibones on February 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I’m sorry that half my fellow Americans live in a Sesame Street Fantasy world where they elected a complete fraud as POTUS. He is a man who is committed to the complete dismantling of the American Idea. He is a man who can’t recognize true evil like the Taliban who throw acid in the faces of little girls simply because they had the audacity to go to school.

The stench of evil in your country rises up to the very nostrils of God and He is not happy.

NickDeringer on February 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I am happy someone else sees this pigsty as I do.

pat on February 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Just for contrast,12-07-11 CBS News:
274 Soldiers’ Ashes Dumped in Va. Landfill

entagor on February 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM

These swine just can’t wait for excuses to go all guano crazy. It’s what they live for. “Oh good, someone burned a koran, we can riot now!”

Akzed on February 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Guys, I guess I’m in Eeyore mode now…. but I really feel I need to vent.

From what I see in Afghanistan, that war is officially lost now.

We lost the war, at the cost of the blood of our men and women. At this point, with the dumb, superstitious Afghan populace being caught up in the wave out outrage against us, I see two options:

Drop a lot of bombs to send a message and stay under the roaches show themselves and then kill as many of them as possible in a massive surge, or just leave as soon as possible, just as the Soviets did, but tell them if we have to come back, we will be lighting nukes.

This sounds so negative, I know, but we’ve been over there for 10 years. America was not built for a 10-year war. No country as fractious as ours, with the opposition allowed to be as vocal as ours, with a change in power at the top every 4-8 years, can be in a 10-year war and win.

The thing I really want people to think about, is the tragic, destructive legacy of the Bush family. And I voted for Bush 41 once, and Bush 43 twice. That father-son presidential duo combined to mire us in endless wars, because they had the guts to get us in them, but didn’t have the guts, sense or instinct to finish them off with a win, no matter what flak they took from the Democrat/MSM/traitorous opposition.

41′s idiotic, short-sighted decision to leave Saddam in power set up 43′s gutless, short-sighted decision to bolster the confidence and power of the mullahcracy and lose the larger, strategic war by letting Iran kill American men and women in Iraq for years with impunity, and by not finally crushing the mullahs, once so much military force was mustered at great sacrifice to our nation’s families, so that we as a nation and as a planet could move on. There are a lot of educated young people in Iran who long for freedom, that our government spares no effort to abandon. Even Valentine’s Day is banned in Iran, though the young folk do their best to celebrate it clandestinely!

Bush 43 didn’t have the guts to make the tough call and stomp Iran, once it went to war against our young men and women in uniform. Instead, he let our soldiers continue to bleed and be maimed for life from IEDs, with NO consequence to Iran.

The other partner in this tragedy, of course, is the virtual de-facto treasonous alliance of Democrats and the MSM, chanting, “Bush lied; kids died.”

But either way you slice it, the responsibility rests at the top. Bush 41 set up the Iraq War with his wobbly ways, and then Bush 43 didn’t shoulder the ultimate responsibility to definitively win the war.

This is an American tragedy. And – before people start throwing shoes at me, I cast three presidential votes for these men.

That said, maybe the root reason for these thoughts is that I reject, utterly, the idea that I can be forced to choose between 0bama and Jeb Bush, should he be installed as a “compromise” candidate by the GOP. After two Bush presidents have combined to basically lose two American wars, I have had enough. Fair or not to J.E. Bush, I will never vote for him, even at the cost of staying home and by default casting a vote for 0bama.

I would vote for Ron Paul over 0bama, albeit grudgingly, because I think his foreign policy is dangerous. But, there is something very basically wrong with the Bush family, at least just judging by foreign-policy results. Both Bushes, especially 43, seem to be GOOD MEN. I like W. But he and his father, by failing to win two wars and come home, have left our country a foreign-policy tinderbox that may yet develop into the most disastrous, possibly even civilization-ending, world war yet.

Please, please don’t let me be forced to choose between John Bush and Barack 0bama. If that’s the choice that faces me on the ballot, I think I will lose all hope, until the remaking of the world.

Eeyore off.

But I had to get that off my chest.

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Thank you for expressing so eloquently what many of us think and feel powerless to do anything about. You are an amazing young woman with a mind of your own. I expect to see more of you in the future.

AZConservative12 on February 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM

How much will it cost to build the infrastructure needed to support their functions back home? How are you going to pay for those costs? Certainly, you realize that it will cost much more in the short term, right?

blink on February 25, 2012 at 12:20 PM

It won’t cost near as much as the wars do and have, nor near as much as maintaing troops and bases throughout the world.

But this is a great generalization of yours with nothing to back it up.

Dante on February 25, 2012 at 1:19 PM

41′s idiotic, short-sighted decision to leave Saddam in power …

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM

The idiotic decision was getting involved in the first place.

Dante on February 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I talked to Kira Davis last night. She told me that she would call/skype into my show and talk about her video, and other stuff she has written and broadcast before. I will tell you when I find out, when she will be calling into my show. This is where to go: TBTV

TexasorBusted on February 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Hmm, last two comments didn’t show. So as to not accidentally double-comment, I’ll come back later and if they’re not there, I’ll tweak them and re-post.

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Test – crap

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I think I figured out the offending word. It seems to be the name of a prescription drug. I’ll re-post later, unless the two comments are released from moderation.

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM

At least I can say crap on here ;-)
lol

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Well said! Thanks for sharing!

Pablo Snooze on February 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM

No apologies! They should apologize to us for 911 rather than celebrations across all of the middle-east.

No more apologies from us!

Next time burn the truck carrying the korans, not the korans themselves.

Sherman1864 on February 25, 2012 at 3:13 PM

80,514 views since 2/23 when the video was done! impressive

sadsushi on February 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Ramirez nails it on this front

ted c on February 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Does anyone who’s in the photo over her left shoulder?

madmonkphotog on February 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

TEST:

Lithium

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 6:06 PM

TEST:

Valium

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Wow, I had no idea that the site filters will not allow the name of any mood-altering prescription drug. I just tried about 6 of them, and Lithium was the only one that came through.

oh wait… I know a legal mood-altering prescription drug. Let’s try:

TEST:

Marijuana

;-D

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM

hehe

Cracked myself up

lolol

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I was trying to say the name of the prescription drug that Bush 41 was taking durig his presidency and during Gulf Storm, and the site won’t allow it o_O

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Cocaine?

cane_loader on February 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Does anyone who’s in the photo over her left shoulder?

madmonkphotog on February 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Allen West

macblanegirl on February 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I’d like to apologize to the world for Obama.

How America foisted this buffoon and disgrace upon the planet is a curious combination of stupidities.

Whitey guilt and BDS were primarily the causes.

And now we all have to suffer the consequences of this tyro dimwit.

profitsbeard on February 25, 2012 at 7:08 PM

But this is a great generalization of yours with nothing to back it up.

Dante on February 25, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Generalizations with nothing to back it up would be YOUR post, actually. Costs to lease the property, infrastructure and base support costs are all appreciably *less* for overseas bases than stateside.

mnealtx on February 26, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Dante on February 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Right after we napalm bomb Afghanistan’s poppy fields

Wade on February 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Wife works at dscc. Also, I drive by rickenbacker everyday and I have news for you. We started substantially withdrawing equipment & troops 1 1/2 years ago. I’ve seen it. That’s why we have the upsurge in attacks, we’ve BEEN pulling our troops out for a while.

joshlbetts on February 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM

GOOD JOB!!!

Mr. Grump on February 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I will be with Kira Davis on my show TB-TV tonight. If you are interest in hearing from her, here is the address to TB-TV. My show is on Monday-Saturday 10PM-1AM ET (7-10PM PT). She says that she will be at the first hour. Should be fun. Hope you show up.
TexasorBusted

TexasorBusted on February 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Now, was that so hard? Apparently, it is if you’re a liberal without this young lady’s inherent ability to tell right from wrong.

PorchDawg on February 27, 2012 at 1:48 PM