Quotes of the day

posted at 10:35 pm on February 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

“‘You have to ask Congressman Paul and Governor Romney what they’ve got going together,’ Santorum told reporters in the spin room in Mesa, Arizona. ‘Their commercials look a lot alike and so do their attacks.’

“Santorum’s top strategist John Brabender went even further, charging that the two men had ‘joined forces’ and were coordinating attacks against his man

“‘Clearly there’s a tag team strategy between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. For all I know, Mitt Romney might be considering Ron Paul as his running mate. Clearly there is now an alliance between those two and you saw that certainly in the debate.’…

“The Romney campaign ridiculed the notion there was any coordination. ‘If ever there was an iconoclast who got up there and said what he believed, it’s Ron Paul,’ said Stuart Stevens, Romney’s chief strategist.”

***

“Paul’s spokesman denies this, noting that they have spent millions on four television ads attacking Romney, but there does seem to be something, prima facie, to their conduct during debates, if one assumes that the alliance would preclude Paul from criticizing Romney in debates. In the previous seven debates, going back to the January 7 New Hampshire debate, Ron Paul has only attacked Mitt Romney once

“Paul’s kid-gloved treatment of Romney in the debates so far doesn’t necessarily say anything about their relationship, but it seems like, of late, Paul has been notably kind to the race’s front-runner.”

***

“And now, Paul’s national campaign chairman, Jesse Benton, confirms that the decision last week by the two campaigns to skip a March 1 CNN debate in Georgia was a closely-coordinated one.

“Benton, asked on MSNBC Thursday afternoon to detail the specifics on how the two candidates have cooperated during the campaign:

“‘A lot of it just comes down to scheduling. Both of our campaigns, for example, had places, specific places we wanted our candidates to be on March 1st, and they weren’t in Georgia. Other states that were priorities for us. And so we talked it out and we said, ‘Hey, let’s present a united front and make sure our candidates can get where they need to be rather than being at the 22nd or 23rd debate in Georgia.’ That’s how we cooperate.’”

***

“Senator Rand Paul first discussed his higher aspirations at the beginning of this year. He said he wouldn’t close the door on being a Vice Presidential candidate. After a speech in Louisville today, Paul held that door firmly open, saying he wants to be part of the national debate.

“Paul’s name has swirled as a possible pick that would give Romney points with the Tea Party. When asked directly what he would say if Romney made the offer, Paul tried to punt.

“I don’t know if I can answer that question, but I can say it would be an honor to be considered,’ he said.”

***

“Of course, this could be much ado about nothing — just a politician answering a question. On the other hand, it is sure to spark more speculation that some sort of deal may be in the works between the Romney and Paul camps. It’s not as if Ron Paul’s campaign hasn’t stoked speculation. As the Dallas Morning News reported, Paul’s national campaign chairman, Jesse Benton, recently said: ‘Any Republican should have Rand Paul on his short list.’

“On the surface, tapping Paul as veep might not make sense. But conservatives are refusing to go along and eat the dog food with Romney — and adding Rand Paul to the ticket would fire conservatives up – and ensure that Ron Paul drops any plans to launch a 3rd party challenge. And just imagine if Romney arrives at the GOP convention needing some of Paul’s delegates to win the nomination?

“It’s not an absurd idea.”

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

***

Ingraham: Hey, Governor, when you watched this last night, did you take away this impression that some are taking away — and I think I stated this a couple days ago on the show — that your Texas compatriot there, Ron Paul, seems to be, you know, guarding the flank for Romney. He seemed to go in at various junctures and either amplify Romney’s points or try to take Santorum out at the knees on issues that clearly benefit the would-be frontrunner Mitt Romney. Do you get the sense that there’s an unspoken alliance there?

Perry: You know, I don’t know whether there is an alliance there or not, but that’s been the case all through the debates, all 20 of them I might add. That Ron Paul and Mitt Romney had a really interesting partnership, let us call it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Pa lin oia will des troy ya

Sorry. Just singing to myself.

Lanceman on February 23, 2012 at 11:51 P

M

On QOTD you must go the full 10 yards….

John the Libertarian on February 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Lanceman on February 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I still have my chocolate chip waffles-thank you!
Wasn’t tempted by the bakery at all.
annoyinglittletwerp on February 23, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Oh, Lord . . . chocolate chips are about the only thing I don’t like baked/fried into my pancakes and/or waffles.

You and my wife would get along GREAT, on that score.

listens2glenn on February 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM

You know who I really miss?
jenfidel.
*runs*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Haha. Don’t run, ‘twerp. People would be shocked if they knew some of the commenters that I enjoy reading even if I don’t agree with them.

Kataklysmic on February 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM

The Rand Paul factor makes the most sense here. He would make a good VP for any of them.

BakerAllie on February 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM

This is gonna melt the tin foil………. But the Rominee top card HAS TO, HAS TO, HAS to have a “minority” on the undercard.

Rubio
West
Condi
Jindal
or a Woman of any ethnicity

**** 2 white guys and a moving van – Aint gonna work in 2012.

FlaMurph on February 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM

If Paul wants the nomination, you don’t think it would have made sense for him to hit Mitt in IA or ME, states Paul almost won?

Kataklysmic on February 24, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I’m not quite sure what happened in ME. Lord knows the Paul campaign played hard trying to win.

IA? They went after Gingrich, who if you’ll recall, was looking like he might run away with it. Had anyone really seen ChurchLady on the horizon, they would have taken him on also.

JohnGalt23 on February 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM

You better check the air pressure in your tires!!..:)

Dire Straits on February 24, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Spawn’s driving back w/us-in his own car.
It’ll give him a few months to acclimate and find a part-time job. etc.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Santorum, the biggest baby in politics.

echosyst on February 24, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Dire Straits on February 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM

You too. Got your SOTD.

Two questions:
1. Compared to the main page photo, what do you think about this likeness?

2. Does that make Romney the dog?

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM

some accounts say Paul won ME yet his campaign never raised any fuss about having the win stolen from him. Strange….oh wait no it isn’t if Paul is working for Mitt

unseen on February 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM

And Ed, AP and Tina never wrote a word about it.

JPeterman on February 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I’m not personally fond of Grover Norquist, but he made a salient observation at CPAC this year, which is that the Tea Party and Ron Paul supporters mark the fifth and sixth “waves of immigration” to the GOP since the party’s reformation in 1964.

If Romney’s allying with Paul in order to get Paul supporters to the GOP banner and keep them there, that could ensure conservative governance for a decade. And, frankly, I think the hardcore Tea Party folks ought to be a bit more grateful for that.

KingGold on February 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM

LoLz..Hard to tell..:)

Dire Straits on February 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I still have my chocolate chip waffles-thank you!
Wasn’t tempted by the bakery at all.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 23, 2012 at 11:56 PM

So, it’s like you’ve given up nothing

You know who I really miss?
jenfidel.
*runs*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Shuddup! Jenfidel is my FB friend!

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I have blood type ABO!

Lanceman on February 23, 2012 at 11:47 PM
+ 100..Excellent..:)

Dire Straits on February 23, 2012 at 11:50 PM

(Like Joe Biden)…I’m plagiarising that ABO blood type!

KOOLAID2 on February 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Paul definitely hit Newt the hardest, but his attacks against Perry were no cakewalk.

Kataklysmic on February 23, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Thanks. I had heard he attacked Perry too, but hadn’t seen that one.

bluefox on February 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM

BakerAllie on February 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Aw (expletive), he’d make a good Treasury Secretary.

And I’d bet he has no discrepancies with his taxes, either.

listens2glenn on February 24, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Perry was awfully flush with cash when Paul dropped the “trust” ad on him.

Kataklysmic on February 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Once again, he took on Perry at a time when it looked like (to me, at least) that Perry was going to run away with it.

Ron Paul punches up. If the SweaterVest can’t handle Ron Paul’s heat… do we really want him as our candidate?

JohnGalt23 on February 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Good deal..He will have a pair of boots before you know it..:)

Dire Straits on February 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Parole.

John the Libertarian on February 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I work next to a bakery. I gave-up a lot.
I was just playing fetch w/Jerkface. We use a toy mouse.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Scroo it. Imma become a Mittbot and live the rest of my life in a dumbacid fugue.

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I was just playing fetch w/Jerkface. We use a toy mouse.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I was just playing w/ Lucy. Using a broom straw. $$$ in expensive toys and she plays with trash. Red milk dealies under the fridge.

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I’ve just gotten word that you’ve been rejected from the MittTopia…sorry.

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Ohh..I’m sorry..The GOP will betray you..:)

Dire Straits on February 23, 2012 at 11:05 PM
ROTF. I was waiting patiently for this. You were a bit late with it today. No thread is complete with out it. (:

SparkPlug on February 23, 2012 at 11:07 PM

?
Hang in there Newt!!!!

KOOLAID2 on February 24, 2012 at 12:14 AM

JohnGalt23 on February 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I’ll be honest, I’m not big on the Sweatervest. He’s certainly better than Obama though. I’d rather have a lecture on my bedroom proclivites than watch my grandchildren breaking rocks for the Chinese.

But to your point on candidates taking the heat–yes, I’m all for it. Get everything out now. That way in the general we have already dealt with all the bad facts about the candidates and only have to contend with Axelrod’s outright fabrications.

Kataklysmic on February 24, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I’ve just gotten word that you’ve been rejected from the MittTopia…sorry.

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Sucks to be me.

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Sasha really doesn’t play and anything/everything is a toy for Penny.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2012 at 12:17 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 24, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Dire Straits on February 24, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Sasha really doesn’t play

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2012 at 12:17 AM

No. She gets bit!

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Kataklysmic on February 24, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I agree with you for the most part, but you forgot the MEDIA.

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Mitt is incredibly weak for a supposed good candidate. The fact that his small donations are weak will kill him.

Flapjackmaka on February 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Where the hell is canop4?

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM

As much as I’ve enjoyed listening to Rush in recent years, since Obama has been in office, I respect Ron Paul’s judgment and wisdom more. I turned off Rush’s show this morning after about 2 seconds when he violated Reagan’s 11th commandment by attacking Ron Paul with Alinsky tactics in such a malicious way.

Even on Iran I trust Ron Paul more than I do Rush, not that I agree with either one on the matter, if I had my way we would have invaded Pakistan and Iran after 9/11 instead of Afghanistan and Iraq, so I’m not a pacifist. I would have smashed our enemies until they were all dead or they surrendered, and only then would I have helped them rebuild their nations, maybe.

Rush supported Iraq, look how that turned out, we just handed it over to Iran recently! Great! Rush is not all knowing nor does he have a monopoly on wisdom. He helped Bush unnecessarily sidetrack the War on Terror for years when they went into Iraq and Afghanistan instead of Pakistan and Iran, to the hearts of the enemy. In hindsight it should be obvious to everybody here how foolish that mission was: Iraq didn’t attack us on 9/11, the only reason we should have gone in was on our way to invading Iran.

Rush Limbaugh is not a Reagan Republican, he’s a Bush neocon. Here’s some proof:

Back in the day Reagan had an idea: The US economy was larger and stronger than the Soviet economy so if there is an arms race it will bankrupt the USSR long before ourselves. It worked, the USSR withdrew from Afghanistan not because they were beaten militarily but because they were foolish and bankrupted themselves on a fools errand.

Osama Bin Laden adapted Reagan’s strategy and threw it right back in our face, and unfortunately Bush and Rush Limbaugh and other neocons were foolish enough to fall right into their trap, and now we’re bankrupt just like the USSR was.

So while Reagan was wise enough to defeat the USSR, unfortunately George Bush and Rush Limbaugh were foolish enough to fall for a similar ploy.

Maybe if Rush Limbaugh had a Mea culpa moment about how he was wrong about Iraq and mistakenly encouraged his audience to get sidetracked from the real goal all of these years, at the cost of so much blood and treasure, maybe I’d take him and his criticism of Ron Paul more seriously.

And sure Rush Limbaugh has a great radio show and is an inspirational communicator, but in virtually every respect Ron Paul has had a more admirable life than Rush. He has maintained his health and fitness, studied to become a doctor, served in the military, delivered thousands of babies, served his country in Congress for years battling the overwhelming forces of corruption that rule the establishment, remaining resilient and consistent throughout, unlike Rush, (according to what I’ve heard from other long time listeners).

Rush Limbaugh may have a more popular radio show that Ron Paul but I find Ron Paul to be a more admirable person.

FloatingRock on February 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Where the hell is canop4?

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I think he usually shows up to break the reverie (<– is that a word?), and bring us all back to reality. He'll be here–we just gotta wait until everybody's relaxed.

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Mark Levin opened his show and spent about an hour on it. Very convincing argument (hey it’s the Great One) that both hate Conservatives.

Marcus on February 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I heard most of it off & on. It was actually 2hrs and no phone calls at all until the 3rd hour. Very informative. Not good for R Paul or Romney.
He played tapes of both of them and read the 1987 letter that Paul sent to Reagan with some harsh words when Paul resigned from the R Party.

bluefox on February 24, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Good lord, I’m surprised I have to do this twice, but for the sake of all that is good and holy, here it is a SECOND time:

Parole.

Night all.

John the Libertarian on February 24, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Rubio will not be the VP to Romney.

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Man, I gotta laugh. Every one of you clowns think that every candidate is weak. My, do we have short memories. Any one of these guys will beat obama by a clear margin. They are no weaker than George W. Bush was in 2000. And he was fighting against an incumbent with a good economy.

Need I remind you jokers that SickWillie never got 50% of the vote? If not for one H. Ross Perot, you’d never have heard of Monica BlewClintSki.

This country, as a whole, isn’t conned into voting for a ‘rat just because it’s a ‘rat. obama was an anomaly. Several million of children who never would vote otherwise came out of the woodwork to vote for Jay-Z. Or Puff Daddy. Or any other rap star you can name.

The thrill is gone.

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Marcus on February 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Mitt Romney hates conservatives so virulently that Mark Levin heartily endorsed him in 2008. So did Rush Limbaugh, by the bye.

KingGold on February 24, 2012 at 12:26 AM

This. Plus it gives the blowhards like Levin another excuse to get their two minutes hate on.

Firefly_76 on February 23, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Some of the clips he played were hateful, but they were Romney’s & R Paul’s own words.

bluefox on February 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM

And he was fighting against an incumbent with a good economy.
Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Huh? Clinton’s 8 were up.
He was against manbearpig, king of oral flatulence.

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM

FloatingRock on February 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Well, like Iraq, neither Iran nor Pakistan attacked us on 9/11. So I don’t really see what your argument is here since it’s contradictory, unless you were wanting to use the attack as an excuse to wage war on nations you don’t like. Waging war on Iran and Pakistan would have been just as foolish.

Dante on February 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM

unseen on February 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Probably because the caucus was meaningless and Paul was gonna come away with a majority of delegates no matter what.

thphilli on February 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM

FloatingRock on February 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I wait for your take on how Ron Paul sold his old soul to Mitt, and you write all that?

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM

This is where we’ve come. Change principles as easy as you change clothes. All that matters is the aquistion of power. How utterly Democrat. Whomever can win for whatever reason. Welcome to the future of the GOP.

29Victor on February 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM

bluefox on February 24, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Wow!!!!! No phone calls!!!!!

That’s serious.

Dante on February 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I agree with you that compared to Obama, every one of these candidates is William Wallace. What I lack faith in is the electorate.

Kataklysmic on February 24, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Marcus on February 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM

How the hell can anyone listen to that whiny voiced ass? Seriously.

thphilli on February 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM

And I hope you’re right about the thrill being gone…
If Obama had an R after his name, I’d feel better. Not because people want to vote for D’s, but because 99% of the media are D’s.

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM

So did Rush Limbaugh, by the bye.

KingGold on February 24, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Rush did not endorse Romney. He did endorse W. And that’s the only time I heard him endorse anyone.

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM

My thoughts while reading this.

gyrmnix on February 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM

O/T: Obama’s latest campaign (marketing) slogan is “Greater Together.” It is an appeal to the hive-mind collective, I guess.

(Or is the theme Ron Paul/Mitt Romney: Greater Together?

onlineanalyst on February 24, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Ronulans can only be trusted to cause chaos if they don’t get what they want. Which, by definition, is anarchy. So they’re essentially upper crust anarchists.

What they are not is GOP or conservative. So their gynecologist messiah can go pound sand for all I care.

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Kataklysmic on February 24, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I try to be positive, but if you’ve ever worked in a customer service industry for a number of years it becomes clear that a good chunk of the populace is cripplingly stupid. Like, “I’m shocked you were able to tie your shoes this morning” stupid.

How the hell can anyone listen to that whiny voiced ass? Seriously.

thphilli on February 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Heh. Small doses. His books are excellent.

BakerAllie on February 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Huh? Clinton’s 8 were up.
He was against manbearpig, king of oral flatulence.

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Owlgore had the force of incumbency behind him.

What I lack faith in is the electorate.

Kataklysmic on February 24, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Quit worrying. I’m reminded of the end of the movie ‘Teachers’ where Judd Hirsch (Roger) says to Nolte “Why? Half of those ‘kids’ aren’t coming back”

Trust me, half of those ‘kids’ that voted for the cool black man aren’t coming back. The winner will get nowhere near 69 million votes. I have said before that obama will not get 37 million votes.

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I still have my chocolate chip waffles-thank you!
Wasn’t tempted by the bakery at all.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 23, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Ok that cheating isn’t it? That’s like saying you will give up gummy worms and then go and eat a school of gummy fish.

BTW can you catch gummy fish using gummy worms?

SparkPlug on February 24, 2012 at 12:36 AM

My thoughts while reading this.

gyrmnix on February 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Did you overlook this one?

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Did it ever occur to anyone that Ron Paul might realize that his bid is a longshot, so in the process he would like to be able to choose who the nominee should be if its not him? And of the remaining candidates there is only 1 who has note brutally attacked him or he doesn’t completely loath. Soooooooo. There’s your conspiracy. . . . . Ron Paul is influencing the party in every way he can, including attempting to influence who the nominee should be if its not him. No grand bargains or deals need to be struck for this.

Also, here is an alternative theory. Ron Paul knows that Romney has around 25-30% support in every state. He doesn’t want other candidates to break out and start winning 35-40% of the vote because they could run away with the nomination. He knows Romney doesn’t really lose or gain support really when attacked, as has been shown through countless polls. So by attacking the “not-Romney’s” when they rise, he is able to keep a fairly level playing field where Romney, Santorum, Gingrich split a bunch of states leading to a brokered convention. A brokered convention where all of Ron Paul’s delegates suddenly become VERY valuable and he can GREATLY influence the party.

thphilli on February 24, 2012 at 12:38 AM

SparkPlug on February 24, 2012 at 12:36 AM

At least it’s breakfast. You can burn the carbs off during the day.

BakerAllie on February 24, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I have said before that obama will not get 37 million votes.

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM

From your keyboard to God’s ear. Several times.

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Ronulans can only be trusted to cause chaos if they don’t get what they want.

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:33 AM

A good majority of those ‘Ronulans’ were disillusioned obama voters. They weren’t voting Rethuglican to begin with.

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Heh. Small doses. His books are excellent.

BakerAllie on February 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I can’t even last a youtube clip when they are posted here. A couple of sentences and I want to punch my speakers.

thphilli on February 24, 2012 at 12:39 AM

BTW can you catch gummy fish using gummy worms?

SparkPlug on February 24, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Why not? People with dentures can gum darn near anything.

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Remember when Michelle Bachmann was Romney’s “stalking horse?”

MeatHeadinCA on February 23, 2012 at 11:43 PM

You mean just because she gave him a hug and a kiss? LOL

bluefox on February 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM

How the hell can anyone listen to that whiny voiced ass? Seriously.

thphilli on February 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Same reason we read your sick posts—-entertainment. Also you might consider the content of Levin’s broadcast and not worry about his voice. Something tells me you ain’t no Andrea Bocelli your own self.

arnold ziffel on February 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM

You mean just because she gave him a hug and a kiss? LOL

bluefox on February 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM

No, because she gave most of us a headache. :)

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Regarding Limbaugh’s endorsement*. I guess more of an endorsement in all but name.

gyrmnix on February 24, 2012 at 12:42 AM

BakerAllie on February 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM

God, I love that. LOL!!! (And I know what you mean, too.)

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Okay. I can accept that. There was quite a charisma difference though, if you ask me (which you didn’t).

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:42 AM

arnold ziffel on February 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM

You’re pretty good with that blowgun.

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:43 AM

if you ask me (which you didn’t).

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Huh? Nobody around here ever asks – they just take and get huffy if you cqall ‘em on it.

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:44 AM

This stupid fat pig is a laugh.

Romney doesnt attack Ron Paul because he isnt a threat to Romney you stupid fat idiot.

How do you know what a father would do for a son….you have had many wives and many failed children but you sure in hell havent had any children…thank God.

You stupid fat pig….the liberal Sweater Vest got his ass kicked and it was great and you can go newt yourself you conspiracy-making boring fat tool.

Sorry fat pig but an electable Republican will be elected which will destroy your ratings. go buy some more illegal drugs, goon.

Jailbreak on February 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Never seen it, so I can’t really comment on it.

Although, I did miss out on linking to this amazingly appropriate image. I am forever ashamed.

gyrmnix on February 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

thphilli on February 24, 2012 at 12:38 AM

This makes perfect sense. However, it wouldn’t be unwise for Paul to seek a quid-pro-quo either. Why perform such a valuable service and ask nothing in return?

Kataklysmic on February 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

failed children = failed marriages

Jailbreak on February 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Any stories?

You mean just because she gave him a hug and a kiss? LOL

bluefox on February 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Or when her campaign hinted at wanting the VP slot? LOL

Flapjackmaka on February 24, 2012 at 12:46 AM

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Well, I’ve been around for a while, but commented very infrequently.
Maybe I’ve built a tolerence for impoliteness.

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:46 AM

You’re pretty good with that blowgun.

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Thank you sincerely. I have much work to do to catch up to most of you. There are people here that could be writers for late night comedians. I am in awe.

arnold ziffel on February 24, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Jailbreak on February 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Flunked that etiquette course again, did ya? What’s that make, five tries now?

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:46 AM

arnold ziffel on February 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM

My “sick” posts?

thphilli on February 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Jailbreak on February 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

“Thank you for representing us in such a classy way” –The Romney Camp

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 12:48 AM

They are no weaker than George W. Bush was in 2000.

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Yeah, but in hindsight now we know how awful Bush was, (even though Obama is worse), and how wrong Rush Limbaugh was about Bush back at that time, and we know that none of the three big-gov candidates that Rush supports now even rise to Bush’s miserable level.

Ron Paul is the antidote, but Rush Limbaugh and Karl Rove types and the rest of the conservative/RINO establishment seem to have enough influence that they can hold him down in spite of peoples own better judgment, so it seems to me. I personally know people who seem to agree with Ron Paul more than the rest but keep hearing so-called “thought leaders” tell them that Ron Paul isn’t a serious candidate. He seems pretty serious to me.

The problem is that the “thought leaders” are the very people who helped spend $16 trillion in debt and are remain unrepentant generational thieves on the road to status quo.

FloatingRock on February 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Jailbreak on February 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Has the asylum noticed you escaped your room yet to post? Lil Mittens might actually lose MI. You bots said he could deliver it for us in November. It aint happening unless there is a blowout.

Flapjackmaka on February 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Jailbreak on February 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Hi Pink. Why don’t you try being a non-feral human for a change?

SparkPlug on February 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I don’t know how you Night Owls do it.

Night everyone.

BakerAllie on February 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM

gyrmnix on February 24, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Rush didn’t endorse Romney. I didn’t hear the entire show yesterday or today, but they say that Rush said that he’s still not expressly endorsing a candidate. Fair enough, though that’s a great deal of nuance to pack into a headline. And then there’s how Rush’s site headlined the article in which he names Romney as preferrable to McCain.

He ‘endorsed’ Romney in the same way Palin ‘endorsed’ Newt. At that time, before obamacare, and before our country started being destroyed by the marxist, AND after Fred Thompson dropped out, Romney was head and shoulders above the rest of the candidates.

I have news for you – I voted for Romney in ’08. That was then, this is now.

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I don’t care, I’m not a Ron Paul fanatic, I’ll be pushing for Peter Schiff on the Libertarian ticket after that. Ron Paul is probably the last Republican candidate for POTUS I’ll ever vote for.

FloatingRock on February 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Jailbreak on February 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

“Thank you for representing us in such a classy way” –The Romney Camp

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Pink is on Mitt’s payroll? Or did he get a PINK slip?

SparkPlug on February 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM

BakerAllie on February 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Night. Thanks for the laugh.

RedCrow on February 24, 2012 at 12:53 AM

FloatingRock on February 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Bash Bush all we want but let’s not forget the horror of what a President Gore would have done on 9/11.

And if you think under 5% unemployment rate was ever going to happen in a Gore Administration, then I want some of your drugs.

Whenever I look at 9/11 photos, I get teared up about all the dead and at knowing how Bush never let it happen again.

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:53 AM

My thoughts while reading this.

gyrmnix on February 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM

My thoughts on yours.

RickB on February 24, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I don’t know how you Night Owls do it.

Night everyone.

BakerAllie on February 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM

There’s a bar right across the street
He’s got a need you just can’t feed
Out on the floor he shuffles his feet awayyyy yeah yeah
Must be the gypsy in their soul
He has a need for rock & roll
He always will
He’s out there still
He’s a night owl

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I don’t know how you Night Owls do it.

BakerAllie on February 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Sentient algorithms. Turn ‘em on and kick back for the show. :)

platypus on February 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I don’t know how you Night Owls do it.

Night everyone.

BakerAllie on February 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I think some of it is time zones, shift work, coffee or wine.
Have a good night.

arnold ziffel on February 24, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Ok time to energize this thread.

Stevie Nicks – Edge Of Seventeen

SparkPlug on February 24, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Ron Paul is very likely to be the GOP king maker. Ignore or dissmiss him at your peril.

lexhamfox on February 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Yeah, but in hindsight now we know how awful Bush was

FloatingRock on February 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Awful? Motherfletcher, please! As I’ve always said, with the exception of Reagan, you’d have to go all the way back to Eisenhower to get a better President.

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

…they remain unrepentant generational thieves on the road to ruin, to be more illustrative.

FloatingRock on February 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM

unseen on February 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM
And Ed, AP and Tina never wrote a word about it.

JPeterman on February 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I remember reading about it here on HA, perhaps in the headlines?

bluefox on February 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM

lexhamfox on February 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

OK, bluefox, you seein’ this?

Lanceman on February 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM