Quotes of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on February 20, 2012 by Allahpundit

“‘Michigan is the whole shooting match,’ said one senior GOP strategist not aligned with a campaign. Says another: ‘If Romney loses Michigan, all hell breaks loose.’

“Given that real possibility, one knowledgeable GOP source confirms that some Republicans are circulating the deadlines and the basic math that would allow another candidate to get into the nomination fight and take it all the way to the convention. More than a half dozen states’ filing deadlines have yet to pass. A majority of the delegates to the national convention are still up for grabs. One more factor to be considered: many states are choosing their delegates proportionally, which makes it easier for a candidate pick up delegates without outright winning a state…

“One of the Republicans who has seen the memo said ‘no one is hoping that this will come to play,’ regarding a new candidate entering the fray. Yet some Republican partisans feel they need to make some contingency plans depending on the outcome in coming primaries.”

***

“‘We’d get killed,’ [a prominent Republican] senator said if Romney manages to win the nomination after he failed to win the state in which he grew up.

“‘He’d be too damaged,’ he said. ‘If he can’t even win in Michigan, where his family is from, where he grew up.’…

“It would have to be somebody else [besides Santorum or Gingrich], the senator said. Who?

“‘Jeb Bush,’ the former Florida governor.”

***

“Gov. Mitch Daniels says he is receiving more calls urging him to get into the race for president, but will not change his mind…

“‘I never wanted to run, never planned to run,’ Daniels said.

“But he said the Republican National Convention, scheduled for August in Tampa, may be a contested or brokered convention, something not seen in decades.

“‘It is not impossible that no one gets there with the thing locked up,’ he said.”

***

“Indiana GOP Chairman Eric Holcomb, one of Gov. Daniels’s closest advisers, revealed to POLITICO that ‘the whispers have become shouts, the knocks on [Daniels’s] door have become fist pounding.’…

“Despite the fact that he is a top Romney surrogate, [Chris] Christie, too, has received entreaties from senior Republicans, sources said, with the pitches rising again in recent weeks as Romney has struggled…

“There are roughly 30 states and territories where delegates aren’t bound to a particular candidate. The majority of the other states, according to a number of party officials, call for delegates to be bound for a first round of balloting but not the ensuing rounds.

“‘The dirty little secret is: At the end of the day, these guys and gals can vote any way they want,’ said a Republican who has attended national conventions for decades. ‘Each state has different (laws) on pledged delegates.’”

***

“While most Republicans wish they had different choices in the party’s presidential field, a nationwide USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds overwhelming resistance to the idea of an old-styled brokered convention that would pick some new contender as the nominee.

“By 66%-29%, the Republicans and Republican-leaning independents surveyed say it would be better if one of the four candidates now running managed to secure enough delegates to clinch the nomination. Most are happy to see their roller-coaster campaign continue: 57% say the battle isn’t hurting the party.”

***

“This remote scenario would probably lead to a debacle. The last contested GOP convention was in 1976, when incumbent Gerald Ford narrowly defeated insurgent Ronald Reagan — and then lost to Jimmy Carter in the fall. Back then, the establishment still had the clout to impose its will on the party. Today, restive constituencies such as the Tea Party refuse to get pushed around by — to use a Gingrich term — political ‘elites.’ The convention hall in Tampa would be a battle zone

“The issue, for Republicans, is not just that Santorum would lose in November. It’s that he could be a drag on House and Senate candidates as well. Imagine, say, Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) trying to explain to his constituents why someone who doesn’t fully understand women’s participation in the workforce should be president.

“Listen closely and you can hear the anguished cries: ‘Mitch! Chris! Jeb! Help!’”

***

“‘If Romney can’t find a way to turn this thing around and win Michigan I think this question of a brokered convention a contested convention, whatever you want to call it, is a much more salient question,’ [Campaigns and Elections Magazine editor Shane] D’Aprile told Fox News…

“A contested convention could be ‘disastrous,’ D’Aprile said, because delegates chosen by their candidates ‘feel very strongly about their candidate.’

“‘You’ve got a deadlock scenario,’ he said. ‘I think it’s significantly harder for someone to walk on the convention stage out of nowhere, given the makeup of the delegates they may be facing. I think that’s a scenario for potential disaster for the party. I don’t know how you come out with an actual consensus candidate from there.’”

***

“In a lot of ways the coming Michigan primary feels like the Florida primary again for Mitt Romney. He’s facing another near-death experience. He wakes every morning to news accounts of the five things he needs to do to right in his campaign before it dies. Then, after choking that down, he rolls over to the other stories—speculating about which white-knight candidate might arrive to rescue the GOP from the botch Mitt Romney has made of things…

“Michigan will determine whether Mitt Romney’s superior money advantage and bigger organization is worth anything. It’s to these two qualities that insiders cite when explaining why Romney can weather these challenges from Santorum and Gingrich. But Romney’s losses show the obvious limitations to this firewall. Money and organization don’t help much in contests where movement conservatives dominate. They don’t help in Michigan, which is not as hospitable as Florida was but has a more diverse electorate than the caucuses in Colorado and Minnesota. Right now Romney advisers still seem confident they will pull it out in Michigan. And if past is prologue, a win will revive his fortunes, diminish the talk of a brokered convention, and set Romney up for his next near-death experience on Super Tuesday.”

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Via Breitbart TV.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Sorry. Too early.

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 6:49 AM

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 6:48 AM

funny they had no problems with the hillary v obama going til june eh?

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 6:49 AM

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 6:49 AM

The Mittbot Meltdown around here has been quite spectacular…and ugly.

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Canopfor
may you live forever! I don’t need no stinking propaganda news, I get the real news from Canopfor!
tnx!

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 6:48 AM

angrymike:Anytime…stink’n BraindeadLeftyObamaSuckUpsMSM!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Re-Posty!!

O/T..Intell Alert…Sh*t is hitting the Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@SteveGardnerITV tweeted:
**************************

2,000 protesters at U.S. military base in Afghanistan after reports that foreign troops burned copies of Quran during disposal

Submitted 41 mins ago from twitter.com/SteveGardnerITV
=======================================================

Video:
*******

ISAF commander General Allen issues apology over inappropriate disposal of Islamic materials at Bagram airbase

Submitted 52 mins ago from http://www.youtube.com
==========================================

General John R. Allen, commander ISAF Statement
Uploaded by ISAFMEDIA on Feb 20, 2012
**************************************

General John R. Allen, commander of the International Security Assistance Force, today issued the following statement:

===========================================

NATO commander in Afghanistan orders probe into ‘improper’ disposal of Qurans and other religious material
************************************************

Submitted 1 hour ago by editor
============================

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 4:13 AM

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 6:53 AM

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 6:51 AM

just hope everyone rallies together at the end of this to get rid of dear leader…

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Good morning everybody!

Mornin’, y’all. I hate it when I’m right.

Except in this case.

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 6:36 AM

KJ, the Gallup statistics mentioned in your article reminded me of something Amjean said last night, did you see it?

For the first time in my life I had a polling company call me (Gallup) and ask me many questions. They asked if I thought Obama was a good president, however, did not mention Newt, Romney, Santorum or Paul even once during the 15 minute session. I was asked if I liked Sarah Palin.

I thought it was very odd.

Amjean on February 20, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I was asked if I liked Sarah Palin.

I thought it was very odd.

Amjean on February 20, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Besides that, what else did they ask you?

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 12:03 AM

They asked what I thought personally was the No. 1 issue our government should take care of. They asked what issues the voters thought were the most important in this upcoming election. What were the five issues I thought were most important. They asked if I thought John Boehner and Nancy Pelosi were doing a good job. Whether I was a republican, democrat or independent.

Most curious they asked if I believed in heaven and hell. If I considered myself religious – how often I went to church Then they asked me if I believed in aliens. At that point I pressed the caller ID button and verified that the call was from Gallup. They asked how many people were in my household, any children, my age, my income range.

That is all I can remember. It was sort of interesting. I hope
they call me again.

Amjean on February 21, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Somr of these “Mitt supporters” hated Conservatives to begin with, even before the Invasion joined them.

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 6:48 AM
—————————————–

funny they had no problems with the hillary v obama going til june eh?

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 6:49 AM

cmsinaz:Oh gawd,the Re-Create DNC of 68′ Lefty Civil War,the
Socialist ProgTards Vrs. Liberal DemoRats,haha!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Kingsjester
Its a shame “We the people” are screwing it all up, jerks!

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM

No, I didn’t. Interesting…

It’s also interesting that some posters seem genuinely perplexed and in denial concerning the backlash against Mitt.

Somebody, please tell me. Is this a by-product of Northeast isolation or some sort of regional hubris? Or simply being out of touch with the rest of the country?

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 6:59 AM

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 6:49 AM

The Mittbot Meltdown around here has been quite spectacular…and ugly.

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 6:51 AM

kingsjester:No kidding,I’m a Newty supporter,and I think,Santorum
may upset the apple-cart so to speak,as hes hitting
Obama where it hurts,his so-called beliefs!:)

Btw…GoodMorning!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 6:59 AM

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM

you got me there…

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 6:59 AM

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 6:56 AM

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 7:00 AM

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Good morning, my friend. Yep. Rick is saying the things that Americans have been saying around the water cooler and at after-church lunches for 3 years.

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Canopfor, Kingsjester
morn. ;-)

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Im from Ohio, mitt comes off as to fake with a lib record. Mittens care Obammycare, ppl don’t want or like government in health care, me thinks.

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:07 AM

From Morning Joe

Rick Santorum could take Republicans down with him
Feb 20 2012
***********

Republicans haven’t quite thrown away what they see as a winnable presidential election, at least not yet. But they’re trying their best.

In GOP circles, there is more than a whiff of panic in the air.
(More…..)
============

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:08 AM

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 6:59 AM

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 7:01 AM

kingsjester:Exactly so,and h*lls/bells,Team Hopey has been over-
the-top rhetric for the last three years,

and now,the Left are having a fit,the way Santorum is
talking….too much!!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:11 AM

O/T,

Crude Oil and Commodity Prices
February, Tuesday 21 2012 – 07:07:41

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Guys,and lady’s
I’m a Newt guy, but I’d vote Santorum in a minute over flaky, shaky Mittens. Mitt just doesn’t get it, to me.

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:18 AM

A little tune to start your day.

Deal with it Barak!

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 7:19 AM

O/T.WTH..WTF…why have inspectors…what a joke!

Iran:
******

UN inspection team ‘has no plans’ to visit nuclear sites, only holding talks with officials in Tehran

Submitted 24 mins ago from http://www.google.com
============================

Iran says UN nuke inspectors will not visit sites
44 minutes ago
***************

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — A U.N. team visiting Iran has no plans to inspect the country’s nuclear facilities and will only hold talks with officials in Tehran, Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman said Tuesday.

The remarks by Ramin Mehmanparast cast doubt on how much the U.N. inspectors would be able to gauge whether Iran is moving ahead with its suspected pursuit of nuclear weapons.

The two-day visit by the International Atomic Energy Agency team, which started Monday, is the second in less than a month amid growing concerns over alleged Iranian weapons experiments.

Iran denies charges by the West that it seeks atomic weapons, insisting its nuclear activities are for peaceful purposes only, such as power generation.

Mehmanparast said the visiting IAEA team was made up of experts, not inspectors. He told reporters that the IAEA team was holding discussions Tuesday in Tehran to prepare the ground for future cooperation between Iran and the U.N. watchdog. He said this cooperation is at its “best” level.

“The titles of the members of the visiting delegation is not inspectors. This is an expert delegation. The purpose of visit is not inspection,” said Mehmanparast. “The aim is to negotiate about cooperation between Iran and the agency and to set a framework for a continuation of the talks.”

Visits to individual Iranian nuclear sites were also not part of the IAEA earlier visit three weeks ago.
(More…..)
=============

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:19 AM

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I’m with you.

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 7:22 AM

A little tune to start your day.

Deal with it Barak!

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Flora Duh:Excellent,I’ll add this ditty!

And,GoodMorning!:)
============================

“I am America” – Krista Branch
*******************************

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:24 AM

In the aggregate things could not be going better! Mitt will be our next POTUS and it is going to be tremendous to have a GOP POTUS who will hold absolutely no obligations to the religious right. The deal with the devil that brought the so-called SoCons in to the party has been the bane of this country. Mitt will forge a brand new coalition, consisting of those ideals and priorities that all Americans can share. Gone will be the alienation of those who care about this nation’s future but were repulsed by the moralizing, intolerant and divisive politics of religious imposition on their lives.

From gays to Jews to women who seek only opportunity and a full share of the American dream, the party will at long last become the big tent that includes all but those who choose to stand out in the rain as pariahs.

MJBrutus on February 21, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Flora Duh
Beautiful song and lady, still gives me chills when sung like that
Thx ;-)
Oh and good morn!

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:29 AM

*shaking the head*

Canopfor @7:19

Unstinkingbelievable

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 7:31 AM

MJBrutus on February 21, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Lofty words from the individual who once said that he hated all of the posters at Hot Air, and referred to me as a private body part.

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 7:32 AM

The fact that the gop “leadership” in DC is about to piss in their pants….brings a smile to my Possum Holler mug.

:-)))))))))))))

PappyD61 on February 21, 2012 at 7:33 AM

*shaking the head*

Canopfor @7:19

Unstinkingbelievable

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 7:31 AM

cmsinaz:This is Surreal,Israel,will have no choice!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:33 AM

And the lsm is still hyping that Iran doesn’t want build weapons, just wants nuclear capabilities

Are you kidding me andrea?

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 7:34 AM

A little tune to start your day.
Deal with it Barak!
Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 7:19 AM

G’mornin’, all.

Nice tice tune, Flora’. : )
But if Martina were my wife (I know,”Yeah, right”), I would gently try to tell her,”Honey, you went a little ‘heavy’ with the dark, around the eyes.”
But she’s still gorgeous.

listens2glenn on February 21, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Canopfor
dang it more chills, “Call the truth team on that woman” lol

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:34 AM

You’re not kidding Canopfor and dear leader will try to talk bibi out of it…I hope bibi yells him to pound sand

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 7:35 AM

:-)))))))))))))

PappyD61 on February 21, 2012 at 7:33 AM

PappyD61:Oh gawd,there is going to be alot of puddles,
and GoodMorning!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:35 AM

cmsinaz on February 21, 2012 at 7:35 AM

cmsinaz: Hopey has snubbed Bi Bi twice,I predict,Obama will come
out of the meeting,looking pale,I think it will be an
ultimatement!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:38 AM

MJBrutus on February 21, 2012 at 7:28 AM

listens2glenn on February 21, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Canopfor
dang it more chills, “Call the truth team on that woman” lol

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:34 AM

angrymike:Lol:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Puddles
my new name for Mittens, so stole ;-)

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:40 AM

But she’s still gorgeous.

listens2glenn on February 21, 2012 at 7:34 AM

listens2glenn:Morning,hubba hubba!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Puddles
my new name for Mittens, so stole ;-)

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:40 AM

angrymike:Lol,SoakedMitts!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:42 AM

MJBrutus on February 21, 2012 at 7:28 AM

The red meater jesters who call themselves “conservatives” are too closed minded to get it. If the moral minority continue their “inquisition” they will be seen as intolerant religious bigots and house and senate candidates will be punished for it. Insanityum.

FlaMurph on February 21, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Romney ahead by 2 in MI poll out this morning, same poll had him down by 9 a week ago.

Jon0815 on February 21, 2012 at 7:45 AM

FlaMurph on February 21, 2012 at 7:44 AM

78% of Americans are Christians. That’s not a minority.

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I just heard the Romney remarks a few minutes ago about Michigan.
Since I’m a Michigander, presently looking out over a sunrise on Lake Huron, I can attest that we do have a lot of water, and the trees are the right height. So what’s the problem?

moo on February 21, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Stop it, Willard!

Last evening on the caller I.D. were FIVE robo-calls from Mittens.
Hell, if my dogs could talk, they’d want to tell Romney to f___ off too! He’s interrupting their naps. Not that they have anything better to do during the day, but …

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Oh, and I’ll add that there is no ice on the lake right now, it’s February, so global warming must be real. \sarc

moo on February 21, 2012 at 7:48 AM

O/T…Anybody feel a tremble in said States!

@ChicagoBreaking tweeted:
**************************

Small earthquake rumbles near Illinois-Missouri border

Submitted 3 mins ago from twitter.com/ChicagoBreaking
============================

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Karl
I really feel for the pups, teach em how to answer, that would be a hoot!

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Insanityum.

FlaMurph on February 21, 2012 at 7:44 AM

FlaMurph:Thats strange,I hope Santorum didn’t stand to close to

‘Pelosium’!!(sarc)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I feel I’m a STRONG conservative, not so religious. The ppl want this country back on a Christian path, that’s what its about. Toss the Muzzy, and lets move on.

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Good morning! Yahoo front page headline:

The Tea Party Hit List for 2012

Now, why would they do that?

Fallon on February 21, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Flora Duh:Excellent,I’ll add this ditty!

And,GoodMorning!:)
============================

“I am America” – Krista Branch
*******************************

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I’ve had that one bookmarked since the first time I heard it.

Flora Duh
Beautiful song and lady, still gives me chills when sung like that
Thx ;-)
Oh and good morn!

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:29 AM

You’re welcome and good morning to you, too!

Nice tice tune, Flora’. : )
But she’s still gorgeous.

listens2glenn on February 21, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Yes, she is gorgeous, but all I could think about when they showed a closeup of her eyes was, it’s a good thing she’s not in politics or she’d be characterized as much as another beautiful lady was.

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 7:59 AM

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:24 AM
—————————————–

I’ve had that one bookmarked since the first time I heard it.

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Flora Duh:Veddy nice—-:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 8:02 AM

And I say it’s the counter-culture movement of the ’60s that became the ‘unbridled hedonism’ of the 70s, that has been the bane of this country for forty some odd years, now. listens2glenn on February 21, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I agree with you but you’re not going to change it overnight. And you’re not going to change it with someone who is unelectable once his views are known.

Basilsbest on February 21, 2012 at 8:05 AM

The Tea Party Hit List for 2012
Now, why would they do that?

Fallon on February 21, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Fallon:So much for Civility!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Ron Paul has released a new ad this morning that questions Rick Santorum’s conservative credentials.

And gentlemen, the purpose of the link is to invoke commentary on the ad, not the Pic of the Day to the right of the video. :-)

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Lmao
Flora Duh

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Yahoo front page headline:

The Tea Party Hit List for 2012

Now, why would they do that?

Fallon on February 21, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Isn’t that what Debbie Whatshername Schultz would call a “dog whistle”?

If the news station was FOX and the party being highlighted was (D), of course.

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Um, does RP get points for using the word “groovy” and a pic of Sasquatch?

Fallon on February 21, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Darn you, Ron Paul! I think I found another word that gets caught in moderation. I doubt it was the word “groovy” so maybe, the big red, hairy guy in the woods…

Fallon on February 21, 2012 at 8:18 AM

78% of Americans are Christians. That’s not a minority.
kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 7:45 AM

How’d that 78% work out for you last time when the pro- abortionist swept into power ? You think like a liberal if you think everyone on your side shares the extreme positions – in this case bible thumping and regressing back to the good ol days of the segregated 1950s– it’s 60 years later and it’s time to smarten up. You have less than half of that 78% for your inquisition. No- you are a minority and will doom any 2010 success with this religious purity crap.

FlaMurph on February 21, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Then they asked me if I believed in aliens.

Amjean on February 21, 2012 at 12:23 AM

WTH?

I’m assuming you mean space aliens, not illegal aliens.

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Yes, space aliens. They also asked if I believed people could
have ESP. Those were the “wierd” questions. Everything else
asked was along political and economic themes.

Amjean on February 21, 2012 at 8:21 AM

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Back at’cha. (had to leave for a few minutes)

listens2glenn on February 21, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Mitt up by 2 in Michigan. And the information ads on Santorum are just starting to have their impact

Basilsbest on February 21, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Not surprised in the least. Mitt Romney is the best candidate, by far. He will beat Obama.

I don’t believe for a second that Republican voters will nominate a bigoted clown like Rick Santorum.

Once people get more information about the fraudulent fiscal liberal Rick Santorum, the more repulsed they are by the man.

The people who I could see wanting to vote for Rick Santorum in the primary are Democrats… in order to get a VERY EASY candidate for Obama to beat.

By the way, I love this wonderful new ad, which provides important information about the unelectable fraud Rick Santorum’s liberal voting record.

(I recommend you guys save and upload this video to your YouTube accounts. It seems that it is currently unlisted.)

Not only is Rick Santorum a big government career politician, but he’s also a bigoted theocrat with extreme, retrograde social politics. This man Rick Santorum is not someone who believes in personal freedom. Rick Santorum is just a paternalistic statist who wants to use government power to impose HIS morality on the rest of the country.

Hey, Rick Santorum, TAKE A HIKE!

We want to beat Obama, and we know that you are a total joke.

bluegill on February 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 6:59 AM

If that is a legit question, I’ll take a stab at it. There is a sense of superiority that NE liberals have toward “flyover country.” It’s well-known and well-documented.

What is not so well-known is the fact that NE conservatives have to deal with not only the supercilious jackasses on the left, but sanctimonious know-it-alls on the right, who reflexively hate northeasterners, regardless of their political ideology.

I’m originally from Oklahoma, but came east many years ago for school, married a Navy guy originally from NJ and have lived in CT and PA primarily, with short stints in VA and FL. Since he retired from the Navy, we’re in NJ. I’ve been, and my husband has been, a lifelong conservative. Recently, I’ve been made aware, by folks like you, that that is not good enough. That voting for a NE conservative is the same as voting for a liberal. That Republicans like Romney and Christie should really be Democrats. That conservatives like us are not wanted in “your” party.

Talk about hubris.

Priscilla on February 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Yes, space aliens. They also asked if I believed people could have ESP. Those were the “wierd” questions. Everything else
asked was along political and economic themes.

Amjean on February 21, 2012 at 8:21 AM

That is weird. Maybe Obama’s planning on replacing Biden with a space alien who has ESP, and Gallup was floating a trial balloon.

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM

More talks, more committees, more of a whole lot o’nuthin. I am afraid for our world.
Which is what they want.

GREAT posts this morning! GREAT links this morning!

herm2416 on February 21, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Fallon on February 21, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Good morning Fallon!

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 8:46 AM

asked was along political and economic themes.

Amjean on February 21, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Perhaps this person moonlighted as a pollster for National Enquirer!

I just remembered that she asked a few questions about
abortion – whether it should be legal or illegal, illegal at
certain stages, etc.

And all the questions required “yes” or “no” answers.

Amjean on February 21, 2012 at 8:48 AM

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 7:41 AM
—————————————–

Back at’cha. (had to leave for a few minutes)

listens2glenn on February 21, 2012 at 8:27 AM

listens2glenn:Hey so did I,tea making time!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Flora Duh:Lol…..MEOW!:)

canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Morning, Flora. We have Paczkis today! Grab some coffee and a little artery clogging treat, it is Mardis Gras in the Midwest.

“We open at 4 a.m. instead of 4:30 just because want to get them before they go to work. And its become a Fat Tuesday tradition here,” said owner Michael Weber.

Fallon on February 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM

listens2glenn:Hey so did I,tea making time!:)
canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Is it the same in Canada, as in Britain?

listens2glenn on February 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Flora Duh on February 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Flora Duh:Lol…..MEOW!:)
canopfor on February 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM

That reminds me; saw the Victoria’s Secret model who recently quit, on GBTV last night.
Interesting interview.

listens2glenn on February 21, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Priscilla on February 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Actually, one of my good friends is New Jersey’s own Gene Hoyas, formerly known as Col. Manly Rash, now The Bulldog Pundit, a great Reagan Conservative. He agrees with me and runs my blog on his site.

What else ya got?

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 9:18 AM

How about Romney using his “superior money advantage and bigger organization” to support the candidate that the voters select should he not be the favored one? Certainly there would be a place in a new conservative administration for his expertise.

onlineanalyst on February 21, 2012 at 9:22 AM

MJBrutus on February 21, 2012 at 7:28 AM

LMMFAO!

Coffee all over my screen! I never expected you to say something that funny, Bruti.

Lanceman on February 21, 2012 at 9:22 AM

bluegill on February 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM

What’s wrong, Your fellow getting a little limp?

Bmore on February 21, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Fallon on February 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Our local (Pittsburgh) grocery-store bakeries have been featuring them for weeks. Fat Tuesday is an extended holiday for us ethnic types.

onlineanalyst on February 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Karl
I really feel for the pups, teach em how to answer, that would be a hoot!

angrymike on February 21, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I’m not sure I want to hear everything they have to say.
(chuckle)

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 21, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Fallon on February 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Only Paczkis are @ …Wal-Marts here.
Being that I’m giving-up pastries for Lent, today’s gonna be non-stop nosh for me.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 21, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Priscilla on February 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM

What else ya got?

kingsjester on February 21, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Haha, well good on ya for actually liking a Jersey Boy conservative…and, of course, not all conservatives think exactly alike. I thought that was part of the point.

Well, nvm. I knew I shouldn’t have taken your question seriously – sorry for running on ;)

Priscilla on February 21, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Only Paczkis are @ …Wal-Marts here.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 21, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Sadly, Hamtramk is no longer majority Polish, but rather … Muslim.
Fortunately, the bakery in the Village near here makes them.
This day always makes me recall JFK:
“Ick[sic] bin ein Berliner” = “I am a jelly donut”.
What a buffoon.

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Environmentalists are their own worst enemy. Phil Jones, Michael Mann, Peter Gleick. What fools.

J_Crater on February 21, 2012 at 2:15 PM

…stuck on electability and not on principles…

AH_C on February 20, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Perfect description.

GOP principles have become Democrat principles, just 10 years later.

That is what comes of fiscal ‘conservatism’.

Siddhartha Vicious on February 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM