Quotes of the day

posted at 10:15 pm on February 17, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

“I can understand how I confused people with the way I worded the joke and their taking offense is very understandable. To all those who took my joke as [a] modern-day approach, I deeply apologize and seek your forgiveness. My wife constantly tells me I need new material — she understood the joke but didn’t like it anyway — so I will keep that old one in the past where it belongs. To those who applauded my comments and remembered the joke, thanks for your encouragement. To those who thought I was callously encouraging that as a prescription for today, I kindly ask your forgiveness.”

***

“In all fairness, it’s not entirely clear that Friess, himself, gets the joke. Last night, he told Last Word host Lawrence O’Donnell that the joke’s humor was simply based on the absurdity, back in his day, of using aspirin as contraception. He also told O’Donnell that he was getting a lot of “hilarious” emails from people who also didn’t get the joke.”

***

“You know, [reporters] sit there and they say nothing, while for 20 years [President Obama] sits in a church with a guy who is a racist,” Santorum says. “And somehow or another Foster Friess is now who I am? This is just crap.”

“I went at Charlie Rose this morning a little bit for bringing this stuff up. They want to talk about contraception. This is how the media wants to frame me. We have to go out there and keep pounding away.”

***

“You know I agree with many of the things that Rick Santorum says, but when I heard this I really just wanted to go kick him in the jimmy,” McSally said. “He’s totally out of touch. I mean, completely out of touch. These are the types of arguments we heard 20 to 25 years ago as to why women couldn’t be fighter pilots. It’s an insult to the men and women who are serving overseas, putting their lives on the line and focusing on the mission right now.”

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

AZfederalist on February 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Santorum who is so fiesty lately could turn the subject to his great record when was in congress and Senate , he seems he learned a good lesson from Newt in attacking the media. I think he will always be framed in this narrative, he should hold a press confrence and jast talk about economy , the borders, jobs …Iran Middle East …. .

evergreenland on February 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Electrongod on February 18, 2012 at 12:09 AM

My Father was pretty strict about the “meeting the parents” rule..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I cannot for the life of me figure out in what way that older gentleman’s joke is offensive. I’m not suggesting that premarital sex didn’t happen but before wide spread use of contraceptives, keeping your knees together (not having sex) was a legitimate method for not getting pregnant.
Cindy Munford on February 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Am I the only one that didn’t think the joke was offensive at all? Is the media throwing a fake tantrum to try and make something over nothing? This whole discussion is about the first amendment anyway, why should the left and the media be allowed to advance the premise this is about contraception?

Ellis on February 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I guess we were not raised to be constantly, perpetually offended. Why doesn’t anybody laugh at jokes anymore?

Fallon on February 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I don’t get why the aspirin-as-contraceptive ‘joke’ was so out of bounds, unfunny, or should require Andrea Mitchell time to catch her breath.

Didn’t the idea start out as a recommendation decades ago from either Dear Abby or Ann Landers? It’s really that old, but as I recall it didn’t really start out as a joke.

Why did that require an apology?

slickwillie2001 on February 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Yes, that joke is as old as the hills and I thought it was cute back then and still do. It’s worth a smile, if not a chuckle.

People have lost their sense of humor.

Elisa on February 18, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Canine :D

burrata on February 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Ah. The voice of experience. Welcome! But there are others. Think “knees to the nose.”

predator on February 18, 2012 at 12:13 AM

And by the way, abscond is pretty much on the money.

WryTrvllr on February 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Anybody seen AP on Twitter lately..?

d1carter on February 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM

No, I checked his Twitter page today because I thought maybe he had blocked me for some reason. His last tweet was sent Feb. 07.

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Alicia M. Cohn
Good heavens, lighten up everyone, including you Rick. Man o man pc is crap. The day is approaching where you can’t have any fun with anything for concern over offending someone. Well its what you get when men and women are coward into buying into someone elses hangups. Hey they are your freakin hangups, keep it to yourself, an off color joke is not that big a deal. What a bunch of pansy’s our people are becoming.

Tommy Christopher
This feigned offense at a innocent and innocuous little joke. Meanwhile tune into any liberal HBO comedy show and watch them yuck it up over killing baby’s in the womb and that’s funny. The words I want to use to speak out against these people will get me banned from here in a NYC second. They aren’t worth it. Liberals %$@$#&( ))(&^% ^%$#%&(( . There I feel better.

Robert Costa
So Rick is upset by this. Well his tack on this doesn’t help me in supporting him. He would have been better off to have lifted a page from the Ronald Reagan playbook. Maybe something like. Well there he goes again. followed by a laugh and a sense of the nonchalant. In other words just blow it off as unimportant. Most of all have humor about it. This is one of the personality traits I don’t find appealing with Rick. Light hearted next time.

Jonathan Easley
So this will be the narrative, good luck, its a losing narrative. Sorry liberal a$$ Martha McSally, not all of us see it your way. I just hope you lose. I hope you lose badly. Then you will turn it around and say it just wasn’t fair. Its a mans world. Bite me! By the way we are all living in the same time period under similar conditions for the most part. Out of touch, out of touch with what,with whom? Liberals I should hope so.

Video
Lawrence is one of the best at one thing. Intellectual Dishonesty. “I don’t want to get bogged down.” Yes I realized the question I asked is garnering a answer that doesn’t jibe with my narrative. Let move along ,lets not get bogged down. Oh and let me do what all liberals do, interrupt, change the subject and tell you what I want you to say. Hold on, answer this question the way I want you to. Lawrence you sir are %&**& W@#_$@ )%$@@( and a *&&$%&* )$%%^%@@! %^%. There I feel better.

What a huge non story. Grasping at straws, the libs are sincerely afraid of Santorum, funny. An awful lot of folks on our side said they wouldn’t be. Funny!

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Sorry. I don’t haggle. But I AM good for it.

WryTrvllr on February 18, 2012 at 12:09 AM

*sigh* I try to negotiate. And what does it get me? Rejection.

predator on February 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Looks like a lot of folks are tweeting at him..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM

He’s on vacation per Ed.

JPeterman on February 18, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Anyone who dated my sister had to come in and meet my mom and dad..If they didn’t it was going to be trouble..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I always loved this joke. The link has some “rules” too.

I highlighted my favorites.

___________________________–

APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO DATE MY DAUGHTER

NOTE: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by a complete financial statement, job history, lineage, and current medical report from your doctor.

NAME_____________________________________ DATE OF BIRTH_____________

HEIGHT___________ WEIGHT____________ IQ__________ GPA_____________

SOCIAL SECURITY #_________________ DRIVERS LICENSE #________________

BOY SCOUT RANK AND BADGES__________________________________________

HOME ADDRESS_______________________ CITY/STATE___________ ZIP______

Do you have parents? ___Yes ___No
Is one male and the other female? ___Yes ___No
If No, explain: _____________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________

Number of years they have been married ______________________________

If less than your age, explain
____________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________

ACCESSORIES SECTION:

A. Do you own or have access to a van? __Yes __No

B. A truck with oversized tires? __Yes __No

C. A waterbed? __Yes __No

D. A pickup with a mattress in the back? __Yes __No

E. A tattoo? __Yes __No

F. Do you have an earring, nose ring, __Yes __No
pierced tongue, pierced cheek or a belly button ring?

(IF YOU ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ANY OF THE ABOVE, DISCONTINUE APPLICATION
AND LEAVE PREMISES IMMEDIATELY. I SUGGEST RUNNING.

ESSAY SECTION:

In a minimum of at least 50 words, what does ‘LATE’ mean to you?

______________________________________________________________

In a minimum of at least 50 words, what does ‘DON’T TOUCH MY DAUGHTER’ mean to you?

______________________________________________________________

In a minimum of at least 50 words, what does ‘ABSTINENCE’ mean to you?

REFERENCES SECTION:

Church you attend ___________________________________________________

How often you attend ________________________________________________

When would be the best time to interview your:

father? _____________

mother? _____________

pastor? _____________

SHORT-ANSWER SECTION:

Answer by filling in the blank. Please answer freely, all answers
are confidential.

A: If I were shot, the last place on my body I would want shot would be:

B: If I were beaten, the last bone I would want broken is my:

______________________________________________________________

C: A woman’s place is in the:

______________________________________________________________

D: The one thing I hope this application does not ask me about is:

E. What do you want to do IF you grow up? ___________________________

F. When I meet a girl, the thing I always notice about her first is:

______________________________________________________________

F. What is the current going rate of a hotel room? __________________

I SWEAR THAT ALL INFORMATION SUPPLIED ABOVE IS TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH, DISMEMBERMENT, NATIVE AMERICAN ANT TORTURE, CRUCIFIXION, ELECTROCUTION, CHINESE
WATER TORTURE, RED HOT POKERS, AND HILLARY CLINTON KISS TORTURE.

_________________________________________________________
Applicant’s Signature (that means sign your name, moron!)

_______________________________ ________________________________
Mother’s Signature Father’s Signature

_______________________________ ________________________________
Pastor/Priest/Rabbi State Representative/Congressman

Thank you for your interest, and it had better be genuine and non-sexual.

Please allow four to six years for processing.

You will be contacted in writing if you are approved. Please do not try to call or write (since you probably can’t, and it would cause you injury). If your application is rejected, you will be notified by two gentleman wearing white ties carrying violin cases. (you might watch your back)

Elisa on February 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Dire and Bmore are here. Excellent. Could it be music time? I’m struggling with something that suits the thread. So I may have to go off topic. Sort of.

predator on February 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Then why did you cancel CNN debate , that was your chance to get from under this contraception cloud.

evergreenland on February 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

They are all debating on CNN this week on February 22. It’s the next CNN debate (2 weeks later on March 1) that is cancelled.

I can see why it will be repetitive, gives CNN the chance to torpedo our candidates and gets in the way of campaigning in all the Super Tuesday states.

Elisa on February 18, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Elisa on February 18, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I meant one week later.

Elisa on February 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I’m far younger than Friess and I got the joke instantly. My grandparents used to say it.

You know, people were FAR less PC in their day. They didn’t mince words and edit what they said, beyond general politeness with company (something missing from today’s culture). My grandfather was of German descent and my grandmother was Italian. They had derogatory names for every ethic group and all of their friends, including themselves. They never took offense, they just laughed.

The people on the left and in the media need to get over themselves.

Common Sense on February 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM

DoubleClutchin on February 18, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I am sure there were all kinds of sage amusing advice to young men but since I am a woman I wasn’t privy to them. I know this is hard to believe but for a brief time in my live everything wasn’t couched in sexual innuendo.

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM

predator on February 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I think this suits this thread quite nicely.

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Elisa on February 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM

LoLz..It was almost that bad..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I think this suits this thread quite nicely.

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM

oops, linked to the wrong “this” but you get the idea.

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM

He must be taking his vacation serious.

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM

You know, people were FAR less PC in their day. They didn’t mince words and edit what they said, beyond general politeness with company (something missing from today’s culture). My grandfather was of German descent and my grandmother was Italian. They had derogatory names for every ethnic group and all of their friends, including themselves. They never took offense, they just laughed.

The people on the left and in the media need to get over themselves.

Common Sense on February 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I’m pretty certain Andrea Mitchell has heard it before as well, she’s 66 years old, yet she put on the fake-vapors act.

slickwillie2001 on February 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Have you ever used tweet grid??..It is pretty cool..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM

oops, linked to the wrong “this” but you get the idea.

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM

That one seems to drive the point home quite well.

predator on February 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Elisa on February 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Thanks, I’ll be printing out 5 copies to give to the parents of my 5 grand-daughters.

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM

He must be taking his vacation serious.

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I agree..I hope it is not “Forrest Gump Father” serious..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM

. Why doesn’t anybody laugh at jokes anymore?

Fallon on February 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

If it doesn’t have a delete expletive in it, it’s not a joke.

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Charlie Rose, that old fool, got his.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Have you ever used tweet grid??..It is pretty cool..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Yeah I have, when I’ve been on Twitter conferences.

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

predator on February 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM

predator, thats a good one. I’m thinking of going with a fairly vulgar one, you know to test everyones sensibilities. What do ya think? Should I ?

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

We are also getting away from what the question should be, -how did this contraception fake-issue end up coordinated between George Stephalopolis and the administration?

slickwillie2001 on February 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM

He can’t leave forever, he loves us./

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Oh the hell with it. How ’bout a party song.

It is Friday night after all. Happy Hour!

predator on February 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Elisa on February 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM

someone gave me a copy when my daughter was around 13. I thought it was so funny.

She wasn’t allowed to date till she was 16. Then when she was almost 16 I wondered why I didn’t say 18. lol So I slipped in date “in groups” till she was 17. No joke.

Elisa on February 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM

He must be taking his vacation serious.

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Poor guy. He’s been getting accused of being a RomneyGingrichSantorum “shill” a lot lately. He’s probably really confused. :-)

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Those who are never tested will fail.

predator on February 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Good deal..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I’ll vote for whoever just don’t expect me to break out the pom poms.

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM

LoLz..He will be back..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I think this suits this thread quite nicely.

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Flora
Well I, well its perfect. You are a goddess! Don’t get upset at me for the one I post. If I get banned I’ll come back as c-less. I just don’t like how pc we have all become, mine will reflect that opinion.

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM

slickwillie2001 on February 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

That. … and how did this become a debate on contraception when the real issue is the government forcing religious institutions to violate their religious precepts by forcing those religious institutions to pay for that which violates those precepts?

Once again, we are letting the left set the premise when the real premise is blatant interference by the government with peoples’ faith.

AZfederalist on February 18, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I hear you..I’m the same..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Women are sh#tty fighter pilots. They come far behind men in that pursuit as they do in just about every other physical endeavor one can think of. I can’t think of one sport where a woman – even one single woman – could beat the best men … or even the second tier men. Not a one. But somehow that will change with fighter jocks? LOL.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM

My wife has far better eye hand coordination and took the most recent deer I am now making meatballs out of. STFU. She also has her CCW

WryTrvllr on February 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Dire Straits

QOTD song, I have elected to go with a very politically incorrect song tonight. So with that said anyone who might offend easy. Don’t Play This One.
Oh, it feature Tina Turner and her girls. Remember you listen at your own peril.
We are all adults, I find it comedic. Jazz don’t ban me bro.

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM

But they can also have children, so perhaps they should not be killed in combat. Just sayin.

WryTrvllr on February 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM

LoLz..He will be back..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I’m getting a weird feeling about this…I hope I’m wrong.

d1carter on February 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Poor guy, we are all projecting on him, I think he’s like me and dislikes all of them.

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I’ll vote for whoever just don’t expect me to break out the pom poms.

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:39 AM

You don’t like these, I believe they were quite tasty.

RickB on February 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Am I still here? He types nervously into the machine.

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I’m still here!

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:51 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Some years ago I listened to an interview on the radio with a female who was a fourth degree black belt or something to that effect. The interview was about how movies portray women who are 100 pounds lighter than their male opponents and yet they kick their a$$.

This lady said no way. She said if she went up against a man (she was 5′ 4″ and 120 lbs.) who was 8-10 inches taller than she was and had her by 70-100 lbs. in weight with her same qualifications, he would kick her butt–severely. She said any punch or kick she delivered would feel like a mosquito bite to him, and anything he hit her with would feel like a sledge hammer. She also said she was uncomfortable with the ideas that movies put in the heads of young girls. That they could just go up and start putting the whoopin’ on some guy. She said they are in for a rude awakening and are likely to get hurt.

predator on February 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM

That’s lame. Everyone knows that old and never all that funny demonstration of wit. It was awful, and insulting. The joke also was never based just on the absurdity of using aspirin fior a contraceptive, but the notion that a woman properly avoided pregnancy by keeping her legs together. It’s not separable from that attitude about worm or the implication that this ought to suffice for women today. He’s a liar if he implies he didn’t mean it that way, too..

You might agree with the sentiment, but people, it is not a winner. Santorum can’t win the general, not if you excuse this guy. Keep, as they say, ***king that chicken, all the way to Obamas second term.

SarahW on February 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM

True but funny.

evergreenland on February 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM

For now.-_-

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM

If it doesn’t have a delete expletive in it, it’s not a joke.

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Remember the days when this and this made preachers and parents all across America GASP?

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM

You know, what’s lost in all of this is the reality of how futile a Santorum candidacy is. I spoke to my very iconoclastic 22 yr old son tonight…he is a huge Romney fan, because he sees Romney as gallant and tough and presidential. This is not based on any input from me, becaue, frankly, that would be a negative. But he was very clear about his anger and confusion that Repubicans are moving towards Santorum, who he sees as oppressively conservative. Hw will not vote for Santorum under any circumstances – he sees him as a bad guy. If we nominate Santorum, the GOP will be the bad guys for years to come. With Mitt, we have a chance to win, with Newt, we lose with dignity, with Rick, we brand ourselves as losers.

Priscilla on February 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM

WryTrvllr on February 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM

That’s a cute anecdote but the fact remains that women can’t compete with any men at a professional level in any sport. The handful of women who do play in men’s leagues are no challenge for anyone. But you think things are different just for flying jets and dogfighting? I don’t. I’d rather screw the NFL up by forcing teams to have women on them than screwing our fighter squadrons up.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 18, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Republican congressional hopeful Martha McSally, who is running for the House seat recently vacated by Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), said Rick Santorum’s remarks about women in combat made her want to “kick him in the jimmy.”

What a fool. She projects better than Pelosi and Wasserman-Schultz.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:54 AM

d1carter on February 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I hear you..I think Allah is on vacation..He will be back..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM

predator on February 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Big time. I love how the women in movies always seem to run just as fast as the men, too … even though women are at least 10% slower than men.
Men’s 100 meter record: 9.58
Women’s 100-meter record: 10.49.

Almost a full second slower in just 100 meters. But not in Hollywood.

It’s so ridiculous that it’s sad …. almost.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Test

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I’ll give you one for R & R..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Elisa on February 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM

True story. A came to the house to pick my daughter up for a date. After introducing himself we chatted awhile. When my daughter came down and they were ready to go I told him if he upset her in any way I would give him a head start and that I ran marathons for fun. I would certainly catch up to him before to long. He looked at my daughter who sweetly smiled and nodded her head to indicate I was telling the truth. We all still laugh to this day about the expression on his face.

chemman on February 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I’ll forgive you for that, but it’s not because of the song. My ex was a Zappa fan and the last time I heard that one was when I was still stupid. LOL

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Bmore, are you a tad paranoid tonight? :)

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM

RickB on February 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Mmmmmm, candy! There is two spelling for the cheerleader pom poms/pom pons but regardless, I’m not breaking them out for any of these folks.

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM

WryTrvllr on February 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM

That’s the rub. It’s a nature thing. The one who can bear the fruit must be protected. It’s why males of many species are more brightly colored that the females (think pheasants) or why male deer have the racks (also for duels, granted), but the males are the ones that are to stand out, to be targeted and to do battle. If females have to do it, then so be it. But it should be only if they have to. I take nothing away from women who want to and can, but nature was designed to prevent that, if possible.

Call me archaic, I don’t care. Men are protectors, first and foremost. Women are nurturers, first and foremost. We as humans can alter those priorities and duties, but it is not an everyday thing. It is not the way nature intended it.

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 18, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Sorry. Totally disagree. Brute strength…sure men win. easily. What was designed to be brute strength today??? an M4?? A raptor?? (If Obozo has his way) a B52?? uh-uh. Nobody is slashing swords anymore. I promise you….my wife is far more stable with a 92 than anyone else here.

WryTrvllr on February 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I’ll give you one for R & R..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Nice, I see you weren’t taking any chances with getting banned. Smart man. ; )

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 18, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Not quite correct. At the ultra marathon distances (100 milers) women have been winning races against the top men. Women’s bodies carry more body fat that can be converted to energy which works to their advantage in the longer events.

chemman on February 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 18, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I guess you’ve never heard of this lady.

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM

No disagreement. Men were DESIGHNED(sp?) to be expendable. Sorry.

WryTrvllr on February 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM

aw it’s designed

WryTrvllr on February 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM

If you are in a little more mellow mood I will give you a little Bluegrass Band you might know..One of the best voices I have ever heard..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 12:51 AM

mud sha sha shark…..

DoubleClutchin on February 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Bmore, are you a tad paranoid tonight? :)

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Yeah, I think it was that dope thread. Contact high?

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM

I’ll give you one for R & R..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM

How about one for last call?

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Schadenfreude

See what I mean, I can’t even operate the quote thingy right.

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

one could certainly make the case that Santorum was the most fiscally conservative senator during his tenure.

In the words of Johnnie Carson: “I did not know that”.

Jasper61 on February 18, 2012 at 1:08 AM

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Good one..Although I hate hearing those two words..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Hey me lady in pink, she rocks. Love the strip! I’m a little red in case you hadn’t noticed.

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Pink Floyd.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

No worries. None much matters. You’re ok.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Eh, screw it. Echo chamber here.

Priscilla on February 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Speaking of good music for a laid back bar music..Try this one out..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Good one..Although I hate hearing those two words..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

“Closing time” the worst words ever heard down at the Corner Bar & Grill. :)

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:12 AM

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Speaking of good music for a laid back bar scene..Try this one out..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 1:12 AM

fixed..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Pink Floyd.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Still trying to lute JB, aren’t you?

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Priscilla on February 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I am sure your son is charming but to say you have no impact on his views is beyond naive.

Cindy Munford on February 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM

“lure”

*damned booze. must be close to closing time*

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Poor sharrukin, I just peeked back in on that drug thread. Man all the heads at HotAir are out. I think most of em are Dr. Paul supporters. Poor sharrukin,

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

SparkPlug on February 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Shhh, buzz kill.

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

She’s one of my nephews favorite’s. : )

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Clearly those that have a problem with the joke, or actually keeping the knees shut as a contraceptive method are privately embarrassed to admit that they’d never go that route. It’s way more fun to run around with your heels behind your ears. That phrase probably dates me too…..

Wolfmoon on February 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I hear you..The only thing worse is if someone comes in and says the cops are running sobriety tests just down the street after the bartender has just said those two words..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I’ve argued with the Pee Wee Herman brigade before and will survive to do so again.

sharrukin on February 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Excellent voice and a very good band ..IMHO..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Last Saturday Mr. Duh and I took 2 of our grandsons to Big Daddy Don Garlits Racing Museum. He had one of her early pink dragsters there, it was cool to finally see it after being a fan of hers for years.

Mr. Duh does auto electrical work for Mr. Garlits so he knows him personally. He introduced me to him, but I don’t know what I was more excited about, meeting Big Daddy, or seeing Cha Cha’s car. lol

Flora Duh on February 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Still trying to lure JB, aren’t you?

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Shhh, buzz kill.

Bmore on February 18, 2012 at 1:16 AM

*LoL. Got any cat stories?

SparkPlug on February 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Here’s a little honky–tonk tune for those who like that sort of thing. One of the greatest in my opinion.

predator on February 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM