Have your picture taken with Michelle Obama … for $5K

posted at 8:30 pm on February 17, 2012 by Howard Portnoy

Except for the stratospheric price tag, the title sounds like the sort of come-on you would expect to see on the boardwalk at Ocean City. You know the routine: Suckers get to pose alongside a lifesize cardboard cutout of the First Lady, much like the one next to the schlemiel in this picture.

Only this is the real deal. In the latest shameless ploy to raise campaign funds, Mrs. Obama will be making a limited engagement in-the-flesh appearance in Boston. The Boston Herald reports:

The first lady is doing two events in town, a panel discussion with representatives from the left-leaning Emily’s List, NARAL and the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health at the Institute of Contemporary Art on March 9. A ticket to that event can be had for the bargain basement price of $500.

But the ‘formal dinner and photo opportunity’ with Mrs. O that follows is the big ticket item: $5,000 a head (or $2,500 for preferred seating and no pic).

Well, in fairness, not just a head. I am presuming that your whole body appears along with the First Lady’s well-toned physique (the result, no doubt, of a healthy diet).

The column goes on to observe that her husband, His Nibs, has made previous trips to Beantown for photo ops with the commoners, one of which went for the even more outrageous price of $15,000. But former area talk show host and conservative commentator Michelle McPhee claims that the president has charged as much as much as $50,000 for Kodak memories.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at howard.portnoy@gmail.com or by posting a comment below.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

about soon-to-be-former rep. west.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM

No, he will either be VP, or will be Rep. from the new district, to your chagrin and my schadenfreude. He is a true mensch, and those of you who can’t suffer that he’s not a leftie are total scum, you true racists.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM

you’ll like the new one.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Thank goodness that I won’t have to suffer her.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM

You are an idiot. I’m only responsible for myself. I would have never asked you to provide anything, until you played that stupid game.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM

you can judge a man by the company he keeps. you belong here, this place is yours, too. keep it clean.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM

You have never kept it clean. There are quite a few idiocies on the net, HA too, but I never knew that “I belong here”. How crazy.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Thank goodness that I won’t have to suffer her.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM

don’t forget to send postcards.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM

keep it clean.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM

You stink it up. If you’d go away it w/b cleaner.

See how stupid this is?

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM

don’t forget to send postcards.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM

\

Better, yet, I won’t be sending taxes, to support you and the other moochers.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I never knew that “I belong here”. How crazy.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM

in a sense you do, there’s a community here that you’re part of. you comment here all the time, no? you’re shaping the site’s reputation just like that racist pos. if the site becomes notorious for racist commenters, like fox nation, it reflects poorly on you as well (i know it’s an lgf link, deal with it).

it’s common sense.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM

$5000 for a picture of her

better have Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and princess Leia to balance it out

WaaaAAAaaaAAaahhhhh!!!!!

Sonosam on February 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Better, yet, I won’t be sending taxes, to support you and the other moochers.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM

we’ll be fine. just return your medicare scooter before heading for canada.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM

people are watching.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

ATAAAAAAAACK! WAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

L to R: Princess Leticia of Spain; Carla Bruni, First Lady of France

Just, wow.

Kenosha Kid on February 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM

how bout you go FYS dooshbag

Sonosam on February 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM

we’ll be fine. just return your medicare scooter before heading for canada.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Proves how non-discerning and what a fool you really are.

Lefties hate people.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM

it’s common sense.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM

You have zero of it. Because you lefties believe in communes, you think like this.

I’m a free and proud individual.

I live to destroy you and yours, because you are leeches, bloodsuckers.

Deal with it.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM

how bout you go FYS dooshbag

Sonosam on February 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM

you’re making the baby jesus cry.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I’m a free and proud individual.

I live to destroy you and yours, because you are leeches, bloodsuckers.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM

you’re a pathetic, deluded individual.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM

you’re a pathetic, deluded individual.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM

None are more so than you and yours.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:44 AM

i’ll help you buy the plane ticket, just gtfo.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:45 AM

It must really suck to live in a plantation, or to be the looter who keeps moochers in one. I detest and fight the latter more than the former. They are the modern-day slaveholders. Just look at their pro-China sweat-shop mentality, for just one example.

Live free is pretty good, but it’s hard.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM

i’ll help you buy the plane ticket, just gtfo.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I’m free and rich and I live to annoy and destroy you. I buy my own everything. You steal it from the producers, you scum of the earth.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM

just gtfo.

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Ah, the decorum-demanding community. How soon you forgot. What a hypocrite you are, you and all the lefties. You want standards, your own shoved down the throats of all others.

I grant you to be whatever/however you wish to be.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Plus, I’ll get off when I please, to your annoyance. You have zero say in it. I’m a 100% free person. You are shackled.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:49
Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM
etc.AM

thanks for the laughs. i’ll go to bed now while you’re packing your bags. bring a warm sweater, it gets cold up there!

sesquipedalian on February 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Aw lefty scum

they love slavery and are in the process of not only continuing it, but making SOP in the US

Sonosam on February 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Since Obama, Barack, charges way more, and is thinner, maybe she should charge by width, to bring in more dough for the cause.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM

So Michelle will give me $5K to have my picture taken with her… Let me think about it.

ghostwalker1 on February 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I don’t get the First lady hatred and disrespect.

stingray9813 on February 17, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Respect is earned and the hatred is just her projection. Moochelle has a chip on her shoulder the size of Kenya and she hates whitey. She pulled down $300,000 a year for sending poor folks to a different hospital after Barry Soetoro stole his senate seat. She’s a bitter bitter ugly woman who Revvy Wright fixed up with Barry who prefers the low down with men. She truly is a despicable person who should have NO influence on American life.

Robert Jensen on February 18, 2012 at 5:44 AM

I can just hear her size 12′s stamping up and down the halls of the White House…

What a sick, pathetic, worthless human being.

tom daschle concerned on February 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM

…and if you donate 10k, you can get a picture with her scoffing down a Big Mac with super-sized fries.

Don L on February 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Even though we need millions of independent votes to beat Obama, stupid Michelle-is-ugly jokes in 4…3…2…

itsnotaboutme on February 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Michelle’s looks are average. It’s her self-righteousness and her smug sense of entitlement that are ugly. Michelle is a public figure in a public office (an unelected one), and she uses her position to influence public policy. She shouldn’t expect to be immune from criticism.

Plus, after what the left did to Sarah Palin, it’s ironic to hear anybody complain about someone on the right criticizing Michelle Obama for anything. The left savaged Sarah Palin and her children, and even made disgusting jokes about her innocent Downs Syndrome baby. And even though Sarah Palin no longer holds (or is running for) any elective office, they still can’t stop hating on her. I saw Joan Rivers on t.v. the other day making a stupid Palin joke; it’s beyond pathetic how the leftists continue to revile Palin for her unforgiveable sin of being an accomplished female politician with conservative views.

AZCoyote on February 18, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I don’t get the First lady hatred and disrespect.

stingray9813 on February 17, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Robert Jensen on February 18, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Great summary of the first food police-personage(FPP-which rceived a waiver on Big Macs and super-sized fries)
The left’s “I don’t get it response, now that thy can’t deny it, will be: “Sooooooooo?”

Don L on February 18, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Late to the party again…

but why spend $5K when you can go to the zoo and get a free picture with a silverback gorilla.

SteveInRTP on February 18, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I’ve always thought that Jimmy Carter looks pretty chimpesque too. So it’s automatically racist to apply the same criteria to Michelle Obama?

Puhleeze…

NorthernEx on February 18, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Do they make a version of the “<– I'm with stupid" t-shirt that says "<– I'm with commie"?

Or maybe I could dress up as a giant broccoli spear?

EddieC on February 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Not sure why anyone would pay any amount of money to have a photo taken with anyone??????? So much more can be done with an amount of $$$$$$ like that.

Oh well Michelle is off to Aspen to ski according to one of the Aspen local papers so no more paid photos for now…..there more than likely will be little press about this trip…..Imagine that

Karla1953 on February 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Robert Jensen on February 18, 2012 at 5:44 AM

I forwarded this article and comments to all the people in my church. I told them you and these comments represent conservative values and to consider that in November.

stingray9813 on February 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Read on Drudge that she is on yet another ‘vacation’ skiing in Aspen. Or fund raiser perhaps? Never sure which Obama I dislike the most but Michelle does seem to be winning by a hair.

jeanie on February 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM

This cult of personality is becoming disturbing…and the most disturbing part is that these to egomaniacs are buying onto their own “greatness.” You could bring John Locke or Benjamin Franklin back from the dead and I still wouldn’t pay them a penny for a photo op. The Obamas are redistributing wealth: from the pockets of people with too much money ($5000 would go a long way to helping poor people in the communities of these morons but I guess President Vacation needs it more than a child with no food so he can further ruin our economic system so that we are all without food) into their own coffers.

allstonian on February 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I wouldn’t pay $0.05 for a pic with that windbag. Then again, I could cut off the half of it with her in it and use it on my dartboard.

stukinIL4now on February 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM

So Michelle will be only too happy to have her picture taken with you if you’re part of the 1%.

RJL on February 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM

RJL on February 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM

…or if you got dough from the producers/taxes, and are being exploited for this kind of crap. The circle is vicious. Stop it!

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM

stingray9813 on February 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM

And to be fair, did you also forward them some of the many vicious and hateful remarks that liberal Democratic supporters of the Obamas wrote about Sarah Palin and her kids, and tell them that those comments represent liberal Democratic values and to consider that in November?

Yeah . . . that’s what I thought.

AZCoyote on February 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM

stingray9813 on February 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM

The sheeple in that church are already in Obama’s azz.

Also, you lefties on HA, most of you, have computer generated noms and ‘thoughts’.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Holy Trollers.

justltl on February 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Well, in fairness, not just a head.

Guys pay double.

unclesmrgol on February 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM

stingray9813 on February 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM

No one is buying your schtick, moron.

tom daschle concerned on February 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM