Palin on a brokered convention: “I would do whatever I could to help”

posted at 1:25 pm on February 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

Quote: “I cannot predict what will happen in the future, but I know that I have got the fire in my belly to try to help, to try to make a difference. And if that involves running for public office at some point in the future, I’m game for that.” Now all that’s standing between us and the greatest blog story ever is Jeb idly wondering aloud in front of reporters whether the Bush brand might be in better shape these days than everyone thinks. Oh, and I guess we’d need a Gingrich comeback to happen at some point too to make sure the delegates split three ways. Don’t sweat the details, though. Dude, this is happening.

Well … no, it probably isn’t. And even if it did, wonders WaPo, would Palin stand a chance?

One, her clout is dubious. Her popularity peaked long ago, and the supporters she does have won’t necessarily follow her lead. When Palin praised former House speaker Newt Gingrich on her Facebook page, many of her fans balked. While Palin can amplify tea party concerns, she doesn’t speak for or carry that group.

Two, she isn’t what people are loooking for. The names that come up when talk of a brokered convention surfaces — as either candidates or potential dealmakers — are relatively moderate politicians with broad support: former Florida governor Jeb Bush, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels. A polarizing figure like Palin is hardly in the mix.

Fair enough, but go read Ben Domenech’s post posing the provocative question of who Republicans should support if they become convinced that Obama’s going to win in November regardless. I argued the other day that if we get to a brokered convention, the eventual nominee will be so weakened by party chaos that delegates will break for the most electable option simply to give the GOP a fighting chance against The One. But maybe that’s wrong. If the economy starts to hum and O jumps out to a big lead, the calculus for some party powerbrokers might shift towards choosing a sacrificial lamb as his opponent. If they opt for a tea partier and Obama goes on to win, then they can scapegoat the movement as being “too extreme” and unelectable. If they stick with Romney and Obama beats him, then they’ll have the same problem they had after 2008 but only more so — a conservative base convinced that it’s the RINO establishment that’s unelectable and that the party needs to move further right. Palin’s too savvy to offer herself up as a sacrificial lamb if the race looks like a lost cause, but maybe some other conservative isn’t: This would, after all, be a shot at the presidency, albeit a long shot. I wonder what grassroots righties would do in that case. Would you want a conservative candidate to emerge from the brokered convention, even if it appeared likely he/she would lose, or would the calculus shift to supporting Romney and letting him be thrown to the wolves? So much heart-ache in the fact that we’re even thinking about this.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8

b9…thanks for the prayers! Glad to see you posting more on QOTD. I hope this means you are feeling better and life is good :)

wolverinefan on October 8, 2014 at 6:32 PM

You got it Wolvie! Blessings to you, my friend. I was sorry to see you had another setback. :(
Still not doing well but have made some minor progress….
Doin my best and trying to keep faith. Thank you. :-)

bazil9 on October 9, 2014 at 3:36 PM

This is just beyond the beyond, yet it is true. The destroyer is pure evil..

I will catch up in the a.m.

Meanwhile – tears.

Prayers.

Opinionator on October 10, 2014 at 2:35 AM

*SMH*

Fallon on October 9, 2014 at 10:32 PM

These people are serious, Fallon. And you wonder why I don’t talk out there?

Opinionator on October 10, 2014 at 3:40 AM

b9 :)))

Great to see you! Thanks for your kind words re my repairs. I am definitely not the patient type (ha!) especially when it comes to battling city hall and other bureaucratic nightmares, but I am stubborn and persistent. Now that I know the work will be done, my stress load has been reduced considerably. Yay :)

It’s odd how I fought others’ legal battles for 30 years – only to be forced to battle on my own behalf for survival/preservation issues since the stroke. I suppose it’s fortunate I have the background since I know others who have lost their homes these last few years. For example, that HAMP program which was O’s big ‘panacea’ for the housing market crash only actually helped 3% of millions of applicants. It took me three attempts and an appeal to become one of those who made it through. It is unlikely I would have been able to keep my home otherwise. . . I feel so bad for those who have lost so much.

I’m so sorry to hear you are still suffering but glad you’re a bit better! I only learned you have residual issues from a car accident on QOTD :(( Is there anything we can do to help? You know at the very least you have my/our prayers. I hope further treatment is available to lessen your troubles – and that your nephews are brightening your days.

Opinionator on October 11, 2014 at 12:50 PM

wolvie :)))

You know I’m rooting and praying for gel and a brace! When will you have the MRI? I think it’s logical to assume the best here, particularly since you’ve seen some recent improvement – yay! I don’t think if you had a tear that requires surgery that that would be the case. [And I'm not going to dwell on all the good results and advances they've made with that surgery (including my brother's) since I hope you just won't need it! :)]

Hang in there, wolvie. I know for a fact that either way you’ll be back to walking normally waaaay ahead of me so there is that! After three years of hobbling I know I’m not giving up. You’re light years ahead of me :)) I’ll bet money you’ll be snowmobiling this winter!

Hope all is going well for you otherwise!

Opinionator on October 11, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Fallon :)))

Let’s hope your accountant is right! So glad to hear your fear factor was reduced!!! In this case I’m praying for a classic bureaucratic screw up :)

When is the wedding? How’s it going with Rauner? Please let us know how you’re faring when you can.

Flamingos! LOL! Perfectly precious :)))

To the rest of our Refugees: You Are Missed!! Please visit :)!

Opinionator on October 11, 2014 at 1:18 PM

P.S. wolvie – I don’t yet know the start date for repairs. It will probably be the end of Oct. or early Nov.

Opinionator on October 11, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Its kinda weird being a gay Palin fan..It is kinda lonely. lol
She has never done or said anything to offend me. I feel no hate/extremism from her. She fights for what I hold dear…ssm is not on the top of my list.

{{hugs}}}

bazil9 on October 5, 2014 at 5:04 PM

((((B9)))) I told you about Indianola, Iowa, right? (Sarah was supposed to throw her hat in the ring, oh well.) It was pouring rain and I was hiding out in the back of one of the media tents trying to keep dry and I met a sweet young man from St. Louis. He was part of a large Tammy Bruce group that had come to cheer her on. We became fast friends and later, hubby and I were invited to the meet-up. We arrived just as the meeting was starting and Tammy herself came over to us and welcomed us and found us a place to sit, unreal. My new friend was thrilled to see that we came. I remember Tammy’s words, she kept saying, there is more that unites us than divides us. She said, that things would get difficult but that we needed to keep remembering, there is more that unites us than divides us.

I think all of us feel alone in our unique political views, sometimes. That’s not to dismiss the real feeling but to say, we are alone together. :-)

Fallon on October 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Crap, just lost a long post to OP. I’ll be back later to repost. I have leave soon to pick up my little pumpkin.

Hi Wolvie!!!

Fallon on October 14, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Hi, OP, let’s try this again…

After pawing through my records, it appears I was the one who messed up. Grrr… Hate admitting that. I found the papers, still in my tax folder. I called the IRS apologized and described what had happened. There will most likely be no fine. *Whew!*

Sometimes, Occam’s razor means someone really did mess up with no mal intent. I was so sure I was being persecuted, I never entertained the thought that I was wrong. Lesson learned.

Quinn is lying his head off, some will believe him. Hopefully, Rauner will win by a nose. If he doesn’t, I’m afraid my daughter’s company may move out of state. It’s that dire. My main goal now is to convince those who won’t vote for Rauner because of his “social issues” that the children, alive in the state right now, can’t afford another four years under Quinn. Family values can also mean keeping extended families intact. I don’t know that I’m making any gains, but I won’t stop trying.

The wedding is fast approaching, first relatives arriving today. Yikes! It’s getting exciting and real.

Fallon on October 15, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Hey Fallon :)

Sounds like the wedding is this weekend? What a joyful time for you and your family! You certainly will be busy…enjoy the moment and don’t let the stress get to you!

wolverinefan on October 15, 2014 at 5:11 PM

wolverinefan on October 15, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Hi Wolvie!!! Yup. This is the weekend. I just spent the day dress shopping with my sister. We have so much fun together. On a whim, we went into a shop neither of us knew, and she found her dress.

I’m weirdly not stressed. Well, let’s just say, stress isn’t winning, yet.

OP, the lawsuit is still going forward. Third motion to dismiss (or whatever) was denied. So… great news today.

Fallon on October 15, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Sheesh OP…I’ve tried posting 3 times and I keep losing it before I’m finished!!! Is that because it refreshes before I’m finished?

Will try a shorter version and hope for the best

MRI is scheduled for Mon. Staying positive and not anticipating surgery. Thanks for the encouragement…I know it’s only been 2 months of waddling (bought a penguin costume for Halloween so there’s that lol) Have you continued to improve over the last 3 years? Best hit submit :)

wolverinefan on October 15, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Hi Guys :)

Fallon – Great news re litigation on the eve of Wedding Weekend! Aside from the first attempt which was probably a standard Demurrer to the pleadings and the second, which was probably a Motion for Summary Judgement (also somewhat routine) (I’m guessing here), the fact that you’ve also survived a subsequent Motion to Dismiss means there’s teeth in that thar claim (heh) both procedurally as well as factually. Excellent! This also confirms your atty is quite competent – also excellent! And great job on common sense arguments to woo Rauner voters. Keep up the great work. We are oh-so-proud of you for actually making a difference!

I know the wedding will be absolutely Beautiful!! Cannot wait to hear all about it and I will be thinking of you and all your family tomorrow. Please include food in your recap (lol!) and stories of Little One, I’m guessing, as flower girl?

Most importantly, have fun! I know you’ve worked your ____ off :)

Wolvie – Great attitude as always! I’m glad your MRI is Monday (so no more undue delays). Prayers for excellent results, m’Dear. I think you’re rounding the bend into the final lap – without surgery. Cannot wait to hear your good news :))

My own progress is s l o w – almost imperceptible. Doc told me I’d need to ‘retrain’ ALL muscles on the right side so that’s what I’m trying to do. I make myself try to pick something up with my hand, or open a jar, or hold that onion better when I’m chopping it, or Not park in handicapped spaces or use a cain or or or or or or. Occasionally I get nice feedback – like the elderly gal who regularly visits me who said she’s noticed improvement in the last year – as I hold myself more upright when walking and my movements are more smooth. Every tiny little thing I’m able to do now that I wasn’t before is a celebration – inside at least :) I won’t give up. I will Never give up!!!

B9 – Thinking of you, Sweet One! Wish I could join you for a little dip at the beach and we could drive by my old house together :) Hope you’re keepin’ on and feeling better! Prayers for more, better, complete recovery for you. Please hang out with us when you can. I’ll feed you :)

Later. Sending Big Love. We Shall Overcome – all of it!

Opinionator on October 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM

P.S.’s Nice article, Fallon :) Love it!

At some point I added a ‘do not refresh’ program which works quite well. I’ll try to remember the name so I can look it up (on my own computer ?! lol) and link it.

Opinionator on October 17, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Try this to prevent auto-refresh. It works for me on Firefox – except for Drudge and FoxNews.com.

Opinionator on October 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM

The wedding was a determined success. If that sounds funny, it is. Daughter is the most easy going adult ever. She was never worried that something would go wrong. She was convinced it would be the “best day ever” and it pretty much was…

She wore an strapless A-line ivory satin gown with a lace jacket, very old Hollywood in its look. My granddaughter wore an ivory satin dress (same material aw mommy’s) with a black plaid sash that matched daddy’s tie. The bridesmaids were in dark green.

I’m doing this in parts so I don’t lose it.

Fallon on October 20, 2014 at 8:56 AM

The flowers were mostly hydrangeas. We switched it up and the bridesmaids carried ivory hydrangeas. The maid of honor’s had a touch of dark green and purple in them and the brides had a little more dark green and purple mixed in. It was very pretty.

The tables had hydrangeas with chunky gold glitter in the clear glass vases. I saw an arrangement online and we copied the rolled under dark green leaves in the bouquets and centerpieces.

Fallon on October 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Rehearsal dinner was at an Italian restaurant, family style, lovely lemon and caper chicken, pastas, caprese and Caesar salads, sausage and peppers and tiramisu. Lovely.

At the wedding, we had passed appetizers… beef wellington, brie and raspberry, pear and gorgonzola wrapped thingies.

Starter was a butternut squash soup. The guests had a choice of lamb chops, steak, chicken and veggie. I had the lamb. Each had a different starch and veggie but I really can’t remember what they were today, lol. Still banquetty but pretty good considering they were serving 175 people. We had an open bar and cabernet and chardonnay table service. I had a glass of champagne for the toast and a glass of cabernet at the table and then was too busy to drink the rest of the night. Smartest thing I did, lol.

Daughter’s cake was funfetti inside but white chocolate filling and white buttercream frosting. Kind of like this. With a “Best Day Ever” gold topper.

Late night snack of pulled pork mini sandwiches, grilled cheese bites and tomato soup shooters and s’mores outside at a fire pit. There were also sparklers outside.

Then, Sunday morning, I had a brunch for 30+ at my house. My SIL made a couple of large egg casseroles. My sister made chocolate and cinnamon pumpkin bread and a pumpkin streusel coffee cake. I made pans of oven-baked bacon a fruit platter and purchased apple cider donuts. My and hubby’s extended families all came over and we were visited by the bride, groom and granddaughter, too.

Last guests left at about 4 pm yesterday afternoon. So, today I am moving slow and enjoying the quiet.

(Oh, I sent wedding flowers to the nursing home for my mom to be included in a way with the wedding, too.)

Fallon on October 20, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Wow, Fallon! Utterly awesome!! Thank you for transporting us there. I knew I would end up crying ‘over’ your daughter’s wedding and I did, twice. “Best Day Ever” and wedding flowers for your Mom…………

The colors, rolled under leaves, Autumn touches, the food !!!, sparklers, sheer elegance mixed with a large dose of comfort… Applause & Standing Ovation !

I wish I could see photos and videos.

Extremely Well Done, {{{{{Fallon}}}}}. From finding the dress by catching that ‘sign’ – to every beautiful detail – it all sounds just spectacular!

Enjoy your well deserved rest :)

Opinionator on October 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I now have proof that as usual you were reading my mind before I read here or even had the thought, Fallon, lol!

Thank you so very much!!!

Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous!

Opinionator on October 20, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Fallon…Sounds like an absolutely beautiful wedding!!! Busy, busy 3 days for all involved and I’m sure your totally exhausted. Were you involved alot with the planning of the wedding? It’s kind of a let down after all the excitement isn’t it. Hope they are on a relaxing, fun honeymoon! Maybe you need to take a vacation, too. lol

wolverinefan on October 21, 2014 at 5:24 PM

OP…That’s the spirit to have, “I will never give up”! You’re doing the right thing by challenging yourself and not taking the easy way out of doing things. (reminder to self-give my mom back the handicap permit!)

Had the MRI last night so won’t have results for a few days. I actually wore something other than tennis shoes today for the first time since May!!! Talk about progress…doesn’t take much these days to make my day :)

wolverinefan on October 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Fallon on October 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Very well said Fallon! I like that…true. {{Fallon}}
Cool story about Tammy! Thx for sharing. Once Predator said I remind him of Tammy…I was like-I wish!

I see the wedding has come and gone, sounds like it was wonderful. :)

bazil9 on October 26, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Later. Sending Big Love. We Shall Overcome – all of it!

Opinionator on October 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM

{{((OP}}}

lol….food always works for me!

Thank you dear friend. :-) You’re one hell of a lady.
A sincere thank you for all the prayers.

If you’re ever out this way, we will beach it.

Wolvie ———> Hugs- keep on rollin!

bazil9 on October 26, 2014 at 8:57 AM

btw..what ever happened to KA2- Jug Ears?

I saw him make one comment on a daytime thread probably 2 months ago….
weird.

bazil9 on October 26, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Hellooo Ladies and Silent Men Folk :)

Thank you, b9! I think you’re one helluva gal as well :) I look up to All of you Refuge Women for your strengths, kindness, brains, humor. . . and ETC.!

Wolvie, do you have good news? Please let us know. Fingers and toes are crossed! So glad you finally escaped tennis shoes :) I bought some old fashioned Keds this summer – didn’t know they still made them. Miraculously, they do :)

Fallon, sending strength for the final push. . Don’t work too hard! Sending more ‘verbal hugs’ re your Mom. {{{Fallon}}} I understand the difficulties of seeking aid from the government (yuk). . . and the difficulties of her disease. I have a dear aunt who is suffering from the same in Lexington, KY. My cousins are coping as well as possible – and holding onto precious moments. I used to visit a girlfriend’s Mom, hold her hand and just smile into her eyes. When she returned the favor it was glorious! That she wasn’t aware of her condition was a God-send. . My heart hurts for you and all who suffer along with our loved ones. Just remember you don’t ever have to ‘really’ say goodby as you will never lose her. EVER.

b9, I would trade your FLA weather here today especially. It’s cold, gray and raining. The good news is I’ll put off dealing with leaves a little longer :)

I worry about KA2. No news and no reply to multiple emails from a few of us. I’m wondering if Bmore knows anything?

Today I’m cooking and there will be plenty to spare so please dive in! I’m making brown sugar and dijon glazed ham (with root beer at the base), delish roasted potatoes (large dice, sprinkle with Lipton’s Onion, melted butter, rosemary, thyme and garlic – cover and bake), a nice corn casserole (regular and creamed corn, a little cream, butter and cracker crumbs throughout), applesauce and probably Grands Biscuits with honey. Oh, and simple puff pastry apple and blueberry tarts for you and my neighbors, who supplied the apples!

After tonight, I’m gonna need to starve and lose 5 lbs. before my doc appt. next week :)

Hang in there, y’all. Sending love.

Opinionator on October 28, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Not to be missed – and you’ve probably already seen it lol!

“I’m Gonna Bug The Crap Out Of Them”

Opinionator on October 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Not to be missed – and you’ve probably already seen it lol!

“I’m Gonna Bug The Crap Out Of Them”

Opinionator on October 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM

I didn’t see it..Thanks! Loved it…CUDA!!!!!!!

bazil9 on October 28, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Very odd about Jug Ears…not returning emails either…
huh…
Hope he is okay.

bazil9 on October 28, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Hang in there, y’all. Sending love.

Opinionator on October 28, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I’m kicking myself for not asking more questions about what’s going on in your life. Next time

Very odd about Jug Ears…not returning emails either…
huh…
Hope he is okay.

bazil9 on October 28, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Me, too.

Fallon on October 29, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Upstairs on the Palin story, I asked Bmore if he’d heard anything from Jug Ears…

Fallon on October 29, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Not a peep. Leads me to suspect he is gone. I have received no emails from him.

Bmore on October 29, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Not good.

Fallon on October 29, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Saw that. I’ve had a bad feeling about this for a few months now. There is no way he wouldn’t respond if he was okay.

Prayers.

I left a message for you on page 10, btw. .

Opinionator on October 29, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Fallon -

This is interesting. I’m sending it to my cousin, too.

Wolvie -

Are you okay?

b9 -

Glad you had fun with your nephew last night :) I had one little two year old-ish girl get her candy and then climb up onto a chair on my front porch (which took some work) and settle in. LOL!! I don’t know if she was tired or just wanted to hang out for a bit.

XXOO All

Opinionator on November 1, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Hey Op~

lol! How cute. You’re pretty cool, I suspect she wanted to hang out
with you. :)

We did have fun, this was the first year that he could trick or treat..
He was Curious George and my Brother in law was The Man in the Yellow Hat.

Mom ordered pizza and lasagna ect.. so we all had a nice time.
I’ll send u a pic.

bazil9 on November 2, 2014 at 7:38 AM

I love this! She sounds genuinely po’d and gives it with both barrels.

Opinionator on November 2, 2014 at 1:46 PM

B9 -

Thank you so much for the pics! Both of your nephews, their Auntie, your BIL and even the pumpkin are adorable!!!

I was ‘nice’ until the last ‘pack’ of boys crowded against my door on Halloween. There were at least 10 of them. As I opened the storm door I said, “Get back. Get back and open your bags! (Kind of like stop or I’ll shoot heh.) And y’all need to say thank you because not enough kids are doing that.” One poor, sweet little guy said, “I say thank you.” I said, “Good. Thank you for saying thank you!” It was the last of my candy and I didn’t have any for the last boy. Sigh. I’m sure it’s a good thing I ran out at that point.

I’m ashamed of myself. Maybe they’ll split up the group next year or skip my house lol. I seriously felt bad but they were literally ready to pounce and I’d had it after three hours of hobbling :(

Nothing like turning into a real b/witch on Halloween! Otherwise, it was a great night, heh. . .

Your family affair with Italian food sounded fabulous :)

Opinionator on November 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Wolvie -

I asked B9 to send my contact info to you. She did but the mail didn’t work.

If you’d like to receive it, please let her know. [After that last post I wouldn't blame you if you didn't HA!]

My prayers continue. .

B9 also asked Bmore to mail Jugs and he said he would. Sigh.

Thanks again, B, for all of the above!

Opinionator on November 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Fallon -

Final stretch! I hope you’ll be able to set aside some time for a well-deserved rest after Tuesday!

At least if we retake the Senate we might have a chance to exert more pressure. I wish I were more optimistic. I don’t want to fall into permanent ‘at this point what difference does it make’ malaise.

As Sarah says, “Buck up or stay in the truck.” Wise words. .

I’ll try.

Opinionator on November 2, 2014 at 2:26 PM

As Sarah says, “Buck up or stay in the truck.” Wise words. .

I’ll try.

Opinionator on November 2, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Me, too. Two of my more liberal friends asked me out to coffee tomorrow. I said, I can’t. I have to walk the neighborhood one more time for Rauner tomorrow. Meh.

I have a list of people who usually only vote in presidential years. I’m putting a door hanger on their doors tomorrow reminding them of their polling place and voting hours. There are over a hundred in my area to target like this. If we can get just a few more of them to vote this time, it will be worth it.

Fallon on November 2, 2014 at 9:34 PM

If we can get just a few more of them to vote this time, it will be worth it.

Fallon on November 2, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Amen. But 100 are too many to visit. Wish I could help! When you get home, I’ll welcome you with a hug. . .

Well done, I say in advance. Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, m’Dear! You are a true Champ.

Opinionator on November 3, 2014 at 3:12 AM

When you get home, I’ll welcome you with a hug. . .

Opinionator on November 3, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Thank you. Five hours of walking today (10 am until 4 pm with an hour off to eat lunch and take the dogs in for a bath and cut – they smell nice, now). I only had one guy turn me away. Not bad, but my feet hurt, lol.

Going back and forth on whether to go in to call tonight. I’ve already received a couple of calls here. I think they have enough volunteers, lol.

Fallon on November 3, 2014 at 6:28 PM

H E L L O ! ! ! !
I think, I’m going to get a spanking!
(:->)

JugEarsButtHurt on November 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM

H E L L O ! ! ! !
I think, I’m going to get a spanking!
(:->)

JugEarsButtHurt on November 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Yep…Op has a whip and Fallon has the paddle ;)

bazil9 on November 4, 2014 at 1:18 AM

I swear to God, Jugs, that’s exactly what I was going to write to you in an email in the morning!

Thank You God that our JugsterChamp is safe and sound!

Now bend over, Jugs, dang you anyway.

How are you ??? :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

P.S. – B9 – all was well at the doc :)

P.S.S. – Fallon – I’m glad you didn’t go in tonight (I trust). Great job on all but that one idiot :)

P.S.S.S. – Wolvie!!! Please. . .let us know you’re okay as well. . .

Sleep well, All.

Opinionator on November 4, 2014 at 2:03 AM

P.S. – B9 – all was well at the doc :)

Opinionator on November 4, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Awesome!!! xo

bazil9 on November 4, 2014 at 2:11 PM

P.S.S.S. – Wolvie!!! Please. . .let us know you’re okay as well. . .
Opinionator on November 4, 2014 at 2:03 AM

So sorry if my absence had you worried!!! I was just pulling a Jugs :) My dr. appt. kinda had me upset…nothing they can do for my knee except a total knee replacement! Totally wasn’t expecting that diagnosis! He gave me a knee brace for support and told me to pray the swelling/pain goes away. So I put the brace on-helped the knee but caused swelling in my ankle and calf…uuuggghhh! That’s the bad news and why I didn’t get back to you…. getting embarrassing…I didn’t even tell my kids what the dr. said…so sick of talking about my health problems!!!

Now the good news and why I checked in today. I chucked the knee brace and was able to spend the last three days laying low and staying off my feet as much as possible. Knee and ankle are feeling much better…prayers obviously being answered :)

wolverinefan on November 4, 2014 at 2:52 PM

H E L L O ! ! ! !
I think, I’m going to get a spanking!
(:->)

JugEarsButtHurt on November 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Jugs..Jugs..Jugs!!!

Better have an awfully good excuse!!!

Seriously, so glad you surfaced.

wolverinefan on November 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM

P.S. – B9 – all was well at the doc :)

Opinionator on November 4, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Hmmm…did I miss something?

wolverinefan on November 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Voted this afternoon and was glad to see a strong turnout! Hopefully they were all Republicans lol

Of course this is Michigan and I don’t expect to see the GOP take the Senate seat :(

wolverinefan on November 4, 2014 at 3:00 PM

BY GOD YOU DID IT, FALLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yEEEEEEEE hAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I am so very, very proud of you. {{{{{{{{{{{{Fallon}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

And Wolvie’s Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am elated to see you,,,,,,more to you tomorrow. PRAYERS now, to complete your healing.

I am dancing on air!

Okay, I’ll kinda pipe down……….and open the champagne.

Joni Ernst says: “We’re gonna make them squeal”.

LOL

Love You Guys!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

Opinionator on November 4, 2014 at 11:44 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

Opinionator on November 4, 2014 at 11:44 PM

I’m over the moon!!! Wooooot Woooooooooooot!

Fallon on November 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Fallon, I know for a fact you helped in a MAJOR way to help it happen.

Prediction: you move up the ladder immediately.

I am thrilled for you!!!!

Opinionator on November 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Congrats to all of you! Much needed wind in many sails. ; ) Big Hugs And Kisses To You All! XOXO

Bmore on November 5, 2014 at 8:56 AM

OP – Did you see this?

libfreeorgan is snorting in the morning now??????

JugEarsButtHurt on November 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM

And, a morning visit from Bmore! What a day! Gotta brew another pot of coffee!

(I’m gonna wear out the exclamation point today, meh. Sue me.)

Fallon on November 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Fallon on November 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I am trying very hard to be happy. Today is not a happy day for Miss Lamar and I. In one hour from now………….the morning after the election…………we lost the finest Man I ever knew. The emotion of it has permanently tempered my enthusiasm level for all prior elections. I will make no mention of this upstairs. I am very happy for you Fallon. You did good! XO

Bmore on November 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Bmore on November 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Oh, I am so sorry. My Pops died in 2008 (on a fairly memorable date), and this was the first year I forgot to think about him on the anniversary of his death. I felt terribly guilty a few days later when I remembered. My burden, not yours.

Hugs to you and Miss Lamar. May the finest Man you ever knew live forever in your heart and memory.

Lives of great men all remind us,
we can make our lives sublime,
and, departing, leave behind us,
footprints on the sands of time.

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Fallon on November 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Fallon on November 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM

This wave of red is certainly making him smile. ; )

Bmore on November 5, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Bmore on November 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, Bmore. It truly puts into perspective what is really important in life doesn’t it. My prayers are with you and your family.

wolverinefan on November 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Hoping all are keeping safe and warm.

Putting in an order for ice skates, skis, sleds, ATVs, snowmobiles (snow machines), Percheron and Belgian horses and sleighs. A little something for everyone.

And, lots of warm blankets, hot chocolate and marshmallows…

Fallon on November 19, 2014 at 10:48 AM

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king. J.R.R. Tolkien

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, Refugees.

Fallon on November 22, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Crazies for Sarah Palin Hey Hey

A little fun…

:-)

Fallon on November 22, 2014 at 8:39 AM

The Little Pie Eater.

Bmore on November 24, 2014 at 10:39 PM

The Little Pie Eater.

Bmore on November 24, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Beautiful little one, beautiful picture. I hope you printed out a copy for her parents.

I’m making “normal” pies today, apple, pumpkin and chocolate silk. I wanted to change it up a bit this year but the peasants revolted.

Fallon on November 26, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Miss Lamar is making candy roaster and pecan! The Lodge is a mix of the most wonderful aromas. Yum! Two fires built. One is being cooked on. You remember the look. The little one is learning a lot. Both about fire and about Ringo Ray the cat. Lovely, lovely day. Hope you and all of yours have a lovely day as well. XO

Bmore on November 27, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Fallon

Bmore

wolverinefan

Opinionator

bazil9

…hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
It’s a blessing that each and every one of you is on Hot Air!

JugEarsButtHurt on November 28, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Thanks Jugs, still celebrating today…having the kids over tonight for homemade pizzas :) Figured they would be ‘all turkeyed out’.

Hope yours was relaxing and bountiful!

wolverinefan on November 28, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Bmore

Been following the Galt thread with AC’s ranting’s! Is he claiming to be a Christian??? I think I have another name for him but don’t want to get banned!!! Something isn’t right with that one, not going to waste my time engaging with him.

wolverinefan on November 28, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Had a lovely time! Hopeful everyone here did as well! wolverinefan not to worry. I took quite a bit of time deliberating on just what I needed to say to him. I said it in the most simplistic of vulgar phrasing. He simply had said enough. Those are my last comments for him. You are right not to invest any energy his direction. ; )

Bmore on December 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM

OP, it’s been too long. Please check in.

Fallon on December 5, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Hi All,

Sorry, I haven’t wanted to bring my woes your way.

Gas forced air heater died and I was without heat for 15 days, through the arctic blast and beyond. I am grateful to have a new one in place and so are my animals. Got sick (probably from that) and a week later am finally starting to rally back. Have difficult porch repair issues to deal with – they actually started work. . . Had a pretty awful Thanksgiving but it’s beyond me now. Each of these layers are mini novelettes which I’ll spare you.

Sometimes I feel like that idiot ‘the rent’s too damn high’ guy with laments of ‘my plate’s too damn full’. HA.

Wolvie, sorry I didn’t answer your questions about my health. I felt a lump which the doc wasn’t concerned about (although he might do an ultrasound in six months). I had shared that with B9 on the phone so wanted to reassure her that all was well. How’s your knee? My prayers have continued.

All of you here have sustained me with comments re pie, beautiful little pie eaters :))), food on the hearth, family and normal Thanksgivings. B9 has offered lovely, on the phone support throughout! Thank you!!!

Fallon knows that when I’m quiet difficulties are afoot. Sometimes I don’t have it in me to even discuss it. However, I always come here to check on all of you, and my prayers are always following each of you.

Love you loads.

Opinionator on December 7, 2014 at 3:00 PM

When I try to post I get shut down and get this warning:

What is Data Execution Prevention?

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.

Grrr… OP, good to see you’re okay. Posting quickly before I get shutdown again.

Fallon on December 15, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Okay. That made it through. I read your post days ago and breathed a sigh of relief.

Love you loads and will try to call later…

Fallon on December 15, 2014 at 9:52 AM