Just what you want to hear: Planned Parenthood works around the clock to hook your kids on sex

posted at 9:35 pm on February 16, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Recently, American Life League came out with a six-minute exposé of Planned Parenthood that was so appalling that I would have had a hard time believing it was true had it not been about Planned Parenthood. The video included clips and images from PP educational materials — cartoons and the like — and the gist of the clips was that teens should learn to pleasure themselves and each other as soon as possible.

At the time, I was so disgusted that I couldn’t bring myself to post it. Now, I wish I had. Because of a copyright claim, YouTube pulled the video. No worries, though: You can read more about its contents here. As the smallest of samplings, here’s a screenshot:

The cartoon in the corner speaks for itself.

The point of the ALL’s video was simple: Planned Parenthood has a vested interest in hooking the next generation on sex. They’re in the abortion business. They depend upon unwanted pregnancies to stay in business. They know no unwanted pregnancy occurs without sex, so they encourage sex — albeit “safe” sex.

Over at BuzzFeed, BigRedH mocks the American Life League for its concern, writing, “Yes, this is both real and terrible. How dare Planned Parenthood try to educate people?” But pamphlets, coloring books, mascots, banners, outrageously-shaped lollipops … These aren’t the hallmarks of education. They’re the hallmarks of marketing. Fortunately for Planned Parenthood, the product they’re marketing is the easiest in the world to sell — and, when teens buy it and then have need of other products (a.k.a. contraceptives, STD testing, abortions), Planned Parenthood cashes in.

It sounds extreme, but, in the end, isn’t that the foundational idea of Planned Parenthood — that customers should be able to have sex without consequences, unless those “consequences” are “planned”?

If it all still sounds like a stretch to you, consider Planned Parenthood’s latest effort to meet teens where they are:

Whether they are texting high school students, lecturing in public schools, or coaxing students to their cringeworthy “Teen Information” website, Planned Parenthood relentlessly tries to appeal to the nation’s youth. Their most recent attempt is the newly-launched “HeyPP!” Twitter account. The page is meant to reach teenagers with sexual health information[.]

Sexual health information like, oh, how to have a conversation with your boyfriend about using a condom, how to know when the time is “right” to have sex or how to know if you’re a “cheater” (hint: it depends on your particular relationship’s rules).

The good news is, teens are unimpressed:

Planned Parenthood’s reputation is fading in popularity as quickly as their choice of words. (Another HeyPP tweet reads, “Sounds like a solid plan!” I’m still watching for the word “groovy.”) Planned Parenthood has been exposed for lyingfailing to report statutory rape, and not only concealing, but aiding in the sex trafficking of minors.

But it isn’t only Planned Parenthood that has a dwindling reputation among teens. Abortion as a whole is becoming increasingly unpopular with our nation’s youth. Unlike generations before, today’s teens are a part of what can be called the “refrigerator generation.” Unborn children are not an abstract “blob of tissue” to us, as we have grown up seeing ultrasound images of our unborn brothers, sisters, and cousins on our refrigerator doors. Combine this with an increase in pro-life activism, and it makes sense that more of our generation reports to be pro-life than pro-choice.

Abortion and Planned Parenthood are losing popularity among youth, and no excessive use of the words “like” and “totally” is going to change that.

It’s irritating — and a little insulting to the intelligence — that the “experts” at Planned Parenthood really think teens need help figuring out how to follow their natural urges.

But what angers me most about Planned Parenthood’s perpetual attempts to perpetuate knowledge about every last perversion that plagues the human race is that it robs marriage and sex of mystery and romance. If everybody’s business is everybody’s business, then nothing is private. How ironic that the “right to privacy” has made public in a huge way what was once between just two people.

Incidentally, what evidence we have still suggests it’s better when people keep it to themselves. Let’s please bring back the conversational taboo; surely sex was more exciting that way.

Update: A kind Twitter follower supplied me with a link to a still-working version of the video. “Enjoy” isn’t exactly the right word, so … be appalled:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 8

ITguy on February 16, 2012 at 9:57 PM

How do these people live with themselves? What’s the suicide rate among Planned Parenthood employees? This is just monstrous.

Nom de Boom on February 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM

There’s even less proof of evolution across species than you claim there is of God.

All you have is change over time – horses turning into larger horses.

massrighty on February 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Ugh, trying to explain evolution to the willfully ignorant is like doing level 1 tech support.

There’s LOTS of supporting evidence of evolution. We’ve even seen it happen in realtime, in a lab. (Google fruit flies.)

See this:

this:

this:

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I think you can argue that PP is handing out age-inappropriate materials without making up wild conspiracies that they’re trying to get kids pregnant (by encouraging birth control use? what?) so that they can “kill more babies.”

RightOFLeft on February 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

This video is…appalling.

And they’re showing this to schoolchildren? Middle school children?

The_Jacobite on February 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Ted Torgerson on February 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Again, try to follow the conversation if you’re going to jump in.

Dante on February 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Oooookay !
I never said humans popped onto earth, you said I did.
You guys can be funny.

pambi on February 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I paid for it, and you would have to if you had a job and paid taxes.

Ted Torgerson on February 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Zing!

Lanceman on February 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

While we’re checking sources, do you have sources for God existing?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Yeah, logic does a pretty good job of supporting the assertion. I could show you, but it would require you to do some actual critical thinking.

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

You’re calling me willfully ignorant? Heh.

We both have reputations here; I’ll keep mine, thanks – you can have yours.

massrighty on February 16, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Macro/micro.
Sigh.

pambi on February 16, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I went to catholic school K-12. I’m pretty well informed of this “God” person. The power of critical thinking is to take all the information in and make a decision, right? Not just blindly accept what you’ve been told?

Might want to get on that.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I accept no funds to subsidize my sex life; Dante loves the subsidy more than his partners.

Nemesis of Jihad on February 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

That’s the only thing you got out of the whole post, huh? And you don’t know, you assume. There are plenty of kids (myself included) who made it through highschool without sex.

Regardless, way to fully address the main points of my post./

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM

You need to take a larger view of things, especially against the backdrop of the entirety of human history (and prehistory) rather than trying to take one single person out of that entirety. The main points of your post were nonsense against this context.

Dante on February 16, 2012 at 10:29 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Listen. I’m kinda on the fence on this man-made global warming thing too. Could you provide me some links to bolster that?

And we all know that George W. Bush caused the national debt to skyrocket. This I know because Nancy Pelosi provided a link on her website.

Lanceman on February 16, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I went to catholic school K-12. I’m pretty well informed of this “God” person.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Not if you slept through class.

viking01 on February 16, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Actually, it doesn’t. If the existence of god could be proved, then there would be no need for faith.

Dante on February 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Might want to get on that.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

It seems to me anyone thinking “critically” should never discount anything that can neither be proved or disproved.

darwin on February 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM

At least I stayed awake for the classes that were teaching, you know, facts.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I had a great public school education in Massachusetts. In the early 80s we had a ‘Health’ class every year in Middle School. In the 5th or 6th grade we had the Health class that focused on sex. It was basically a class on human reproduction. We covered hormones, pituitary gland, puberty, periods, wet dreams, testicles, sperm, ejaculation, ovaries, pregnancy etc. It was very scientific and not political in any way. Freshman year in high school is when we had the STD/AIDS/Don’t have sex or wear a condom class. Overall, I was happy with the information I got and didn’t feel brainwashed. The one exception might be trying to scare everyone about AIDS.

Wigglesworth on February 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Again, try to follow the conversation if you’re going to jump in.

Dante on February 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Again we do agree. You said people’s sex lives are none of the government’s business, I agreed with you, which is why it is so ridiculous that Planned Parenthood is putting out these informational videos promoting sex because Planned Parenthood is funded by the government. I followed the conversation perfectly well. You’ve tried to dodge that as though there were another subject (God, evolution, whatever), but failed. I’m glad to have you on my side.

Ted Torgerson on February 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM

darwin on February 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM

You know, this bugged me for a long time. I was agnostic for about 5 years in my early twenties. You know what I figured out?

Cthulu might exist too.

Doesn’t mean I have to “wonder” if he does. He doesn’t. It’s a safe bet.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM

At least I stayed awake for the classes that were teaching, you know, facts.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Yeah. Like ‘facts’ about Sweden. Overrun with muslims and a normal unemployment rate double ours. Not to mention their tax rates.

Lanceman on February 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM

At least I stayed awake for the classes that were teaching, you know, facts.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Do leftists obsess about sex more when awake or asleep? Citation please!

Nemesis of Jihad on February 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Dude, I posted the stats. Sweeden is one of the most, if not the most atheistic country in the world. You’re just making yourself look like an idiot, here.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

At least I stayed awake for the classes that were teaching, you know, facts.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Thirteen years of opportunities and he didn’t learn to capitalize “Catholic School.”

I rest my case.

viking01 on February 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:13 PM

You must be a load of fun at parties telling everyone they aren’t actually having a good time but are really only responding to various electrochemical changes in their body.

Apparently you see only a little female human animal holding another animal. I see something more.

Bishop on February 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Dante on February 16, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I talked about the idea of safe sex and the fallacy that we “know” all kids are going to have extra-marital sex. I changed your word from “know” to “assume.” You’re assertion that throughout the entirety of history people have had sex does nothing to refute my statement.

Furthermore, my discussion of the fallacy of “safe sex” is extremely pertinent to this discussion. Just because you can’t come up with a good rebuttal doesn’t make my post out of context.

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

So did I K-12.. Heard a lot about Him, started doubting what I’d been taught, used a helluvalot of my own critical thinking along the way, actually sought Him out & met Him for myself. Big difference.
Hope you’ll allow for that possibility/difference, someday, too.

pambi on February 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM

You’re just making yourself look like an idiot, here.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Are you sure that’s what’s happening here?

massrighty on February 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Bishop on February 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I never said you can’t have a good time, or just appreciate life in general.

The only difference is, you think god did it.

What if I thought L.Ron Hubbard did it. What’s the difference?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Actually, only 3% of their business is abortions.
Nice cartoon, though.
triple on February 16, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Liar.

jawkneemusic on February 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM

actually sought Him out & met Him for myself. Big difference.
Hope you’ll allow for that possibility/difference, someday, too.

pambi on February 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Nah, Bleeding for homosexual suicide victims is more important to her.

Lanceman on February 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM

It doesn’t take that much effort to Google for teenage sex studies that reveal the percentage of kids having sex by age.

Yes, the fascinating argument about whether teenagers will have sex.

bayam on February 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Dante on February 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Your understanding of the concepts of both proof and faith are suspect.

Logic can prove things. Faith is not about believing in the existence of something that cannot be proven. I can have faith that a chair will hold me up every time I sit in it.

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Liar.

jawkneemusic on February 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I thought I said that.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

‘Dude’. See massrighty at 10:35

Lanceman on February 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM

You’re always blindly accept that whuxh you read on Dkos.

faith/fāTH/
Noun:
Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I went to catholic school K-12. I’m pretty well informed of this “God” person.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

You might find this interesting.

clarifides on February 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

As of 2010, about 70% of Swedes are members of the Church of Sweden

Throw in another 10% for Eastern Orthodox, Catholics and Muslims and you have around 80% religious.

sharrukin on February 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

The justification for laws against statutory rape and child molestation is that teenagers are not mature enough to consent to sex.

How can watching a Planned Parenthood video overcome that lack of maturity?

halfbaked on February 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Liar.

jawkneemusic on February 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM

You might want to check that. Like when Kyl tried to make the same assertion (his number was 90%) and then later backtracked and said ‘it was not meant to be a factual statement’.

Anywho, politifact, wikipedia, PP, and all available sources (except hot air commenters) says im correct. So take that however.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I never said you can’t have a good time, or just appreciate life in general.

The only difference is, you think god did it.

What if I thought L.Ron Hubbard did it. What’s the difference?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Actually I never mentioned a belief in God, the Christian version or otherwise.

Critical thinking skills would normally include reading comprehension, don’t you think?

Bishop on February 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Cthulu might exist too.

Doesn’t mean I have to “wonder” if he does. He doesn’t. It’s a safe bet.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM

That’s very cute. My point however is regardless if you believe in God or disbelieve, you should always remain open to the possibility that you’re wrong.

darwin on February 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

As of 2010, about 70% of Swedes are members of the Church of Sweden

Please do yourself a favor and crosscheck with:

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM

darwin on February 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

You have a point. But if I had to be “open to the possibility” there was a god, based on no evidence whatsoever, I’d also have to be open to the possibility of well.. anything, really.

Are you open to the possibility there are nazis on mars?

I mean, probably not but.. you can’t be sure, can you?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM

ugh. ok I haven’t posted in ages..but have to weigh in.
Each and every child, conceived and eventually born is a gift. A miracle in fact. As a mother of three I would like to see the emphasis placed on the growth of the fetus in the womb. I didn’t learn that in school, not even in the late 70′s.

I learned it from my midwife.

I have a 16 year old daughter, with a boyfriend and we speak freely. She’s not ready for sex and when she is we’ll talk about it first.

It’s called parenting. Not Planned Parenthood.

seesalrun2 on February 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Please do yourself a favor and crosscheck with:

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Maybe Wikipedia should do the crosscheck.

sharrukin on February 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

You might want to consult sources other than liberal or liberal-leaning publications.

I had a link bookmarked,http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/just-a-reminder-politifact-is-often-more-politics-than-facts-108512484.html, but that page is no longer available.

Perhaps one of our intrepid commenters can find it.

Lanceman on February 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Are you open to the possibility there are nazis on mars?

I mean, probably not but.. you can’t be sure, can you?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Behold the limit of triple’s critical thinking skills.

Oh, and asserting that there is no evidence for a god is not proof of that assertion. Furthermore, lack of proof is not lack of existence. You managed to get TWO logical fallacies into 5 words. I will admit that I’m impressed.

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I’m technically a “member of the catholic church”, but im still an atheist, believe me. It doesn’t mean anything.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

politifact = notably biased
wikipedia = doesn’t even need to be said
PP = they are the original sources of all your stats; so yes, they support/confirm your stats. (Do you not see the fallacy of citing your original citation as a support for your citation?)
all available sources? really? all of them?

I thought you were a critical thinker…

Or,

You’re just making yourself look like an idiot, here.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I used you as a citation, so you’d accept it.

massrighty on February 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Oh yeah, the kind of thinking that got us into iraq. That’s worked out fantastic, huh?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Maybe Wikipedia should do the crosscheck.

sharrukin on February 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Hahahahahaha!

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

After watching the video, I think I can see a few underlying themes.

1) Sex isn’t just fun, it’s inconsequential. The exclusion of any serious treatment of the subject is apparently meant to convey the idea that it’s entirely recreational. The most serious risk, in fact, is not having sex.

2) Unlike sex, sexual identity is very serious business. The sexual impulse is integral to an individual’s identity, so much so that it defines who one is. It is immutable, and one of the primary tasks of adolescents is sexual experimentation in order to “discover” one’s correct sexual orientation.

3) Biology is the sum of all meaning. There is no higher meaning to sex, no symbolic content, and no real value beyond physical pleasure. In fact, it’s a joke, a cartoonish joke perpetrated by one’s own (disembodied, and hence autonomous) genitalia. Taking it seriously constitutes a failure to “get” the joke, making one an uninitiated rube.

In short, all the most important marketing buttons are being pushed. The product is safe. It is also something that shouldn’t and cannot be ignored. Everyone needs the product. There is no escape. Yet, paradoxically (and this really underscores the cognitive dissonance of Planned Parenthood et al.’s philosophy of sex), the product itself is sufficient reason to purchase it; it is a self-evident, self-contained good.

Basically, you’re being given a “hard sell.” Everyone knows you should buy this product. Everyone is buying this product. People who don’t see the need to buy it are stupid. You aren’t stupid, are you???

Nom de Boom on February 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM

You just proved that faith DOES believe in something that cannot be proven.. before you sat down, right ??
Or do you need proof, first ??

pambi on February 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Perhaps one of our intrepid commenters can find it.

Lanceman on February 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Is it this one?

sharrukin on February 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM

mass, while I admit citing PP for their stats, who else would be realistically available to divulge those stats.. other than PP?

Is there some sort of neutral third party I’m not aware of keeping track of PP health statistics?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Here’s what people from your perspective don’t get:

It doesn’t matter whether it’s 1% or 100%, 1 Abortion or a Million.

It’s still murder, and no tax money should going toward PP.

Bluray on February 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM

and for a happy side note, my 25 year old daughter just had a sonagram and I will welcome my 2nd grandchild, a hopefully beautiful and happy girl to the family on July 13th.

She will join my incredible grandson Nathan, age 20 months. They struggle and are broke, but are thrilled to the core.

THAT is God.
Miracles.

seesalrun2 on February 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM

If any of you are Rockford/Maverick fans, don’t read James Garner’s Wiki page. It’ll make you cry.

Lanceman on February 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Hahahahahaha!

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

The numbers he is pushing are inflated by atheists with an agenda. I don’t believe in God but I know you aren’t going to get those sorts of numbers outside of a totalitarian state.

sharrukin on February 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM

ugh. ok I haven’t posted in ages..but have to weigh in.

I learned it from my midwife.

It’s called parenting. Not Planned Parenthood.

seesalrun2 on February 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM

You should give Sarah Palin a call.

Give her some tips.

Pablo Honey on February 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM

No, but blind acceptance of their stats, without proof (perhaps from an auditing agency) amounts to faith, not concrete proof.

massrighty on February 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I’ve discovered that if you do not continue ‘in good standing’ (meaning following the church’s requirements to participate in the sacraments) that you are no longer considered a Catholic, by the church itself..
That’s where hubby & I stand, too. Just don’t happen to care one hellualot.

pambi on February 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Read that “religion in sweeden” article a bit moure.

There’s a few nuggets you might be interested in.

The Church of Sweden services are sparsely attended (hovering in the single digit percentages of the population).[9]

The reason for the large number of inactive members is partly that until 1996, children became members automatically at birth if at least one of their parents was a member.

And then this.

According to the most recent Eurobarometer Poll 2005,[13]
23% of Swedish citizens responded that “they believe there is a god”.
53% answered that “they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force”.
23% answered that “they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force”.

Only 1 in 10 Swedes thinks religion is important in daily life.
Around 7 out of 10 children are christened in the Church of Sweden.
Just over 5 out of 10 weddings take place in church.
Almost 9 out of 10 Swedes have Christian burials.
Islam has around 130,000 adherents in Sweden (more according to Muslim sources).[15]

So, keeping in mind this is the source YOU cited.. what say you?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Yes, you have to be open to the possibility of anything … and since what we know now is probably infinitesimal compared to what we don’t know, being open to the possibility of anything at least keeps your mind thinking.

darwin on February 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

You should give Sarah Palin a call.

Give her some tips.

Pablo Honey on February 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Good one! I knew if you kept on trying you’d finally succeed.

Congrats!

darwin on February 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

darwin on February 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Monsterquest is the show for you my friend.

They are open to everything.

Pablo Honey on February 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

What does that have to do with the price of fish in Wakayama?

Maybe you’re trying to assert that a lack of evidence is the equivalent of the lack of existence. Because if that is so, you’ve just debunked evolution from one species to another (much less a genus, family or order).

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Is it this one?

sharrukin on February 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Thank you. Don’t know why my link was bad.

Lanceman on February 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

seesalrun2 on February 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Congratulations – and welcome back!

massrighty on February 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Yes darwin, but you have to keep in mind there is a difference between opening your mind to new scientific discovery and opening your mind to blind faith and ancient stories with absolutely no scientific backing whatsoever.

That’s not thinking, its regression.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Only 1 in 10 Swedes thinks religion is important in daily life.
Around 7 out of 10 children are christened in the Church of Sweden.
Just over 5 out of 10 weddings take place in church.
Almost 9 out of 10 Swedes have Christian burials.

So, keeping in mind this is the source YOU cited.. what say you?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

So 70% of children are christened in Church?
50% of wedding take place in church?
90% of burials are church burials?

Very odd atheists they have in Sweden.

sharrukin on February 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Hopefully the coroner is keeping track of Planned Parenthood statistics.

In Auschwitz the mountains of eyeglasses, dentures and prosthetics are convincing indicators of what happened.

viking01 on February 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM

So, keeping in mind this is the source YOU cited.. what say you?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I don’t understand your point with Sweden or Eurpoe in general. There’s been a concerted effort by the left to delegitimize and diminish religion in Europe for nearly a hundred years.

What is your point? If you’re a leftist I understand, if not …

darwin on February 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM

70% of children are christened automatically. Did you miss that part?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Well you have a point too. Atoms didn’t exist until we had to technology to actually be able to prove they exist which came about starting in 1931 or so.

I mean imagine trying to tell people in the middle ages that all matter was composed of these tiny little globs which you can’t see.

Bishop on February 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I agree, but I think it’s more nefarious than that. Free market and individual liberty ideas really are appealing to modern young people, just ask Ron Paul. However, when you’re a sex or any other kind of addict, you’re paranoid. When you’re paranoid, you think that Rick Santorum’s goons coming to stop you from getting your fix is a realistic fear, and is more important to stop than say, your energy prices necessarily skyrocketing.

Secondly, selling sex as get it as many times as you can from as many partners as you can, because it feels good and it’s normal is part of the assault on the family. Obviously, us fellas are going to be receptive to this. This makes men the unscrupulous womanizer that feminists vilify willing to lie and force his way down south. And of course, if that’s what normal sex is, why get married and have a strong family?

Transpo on February 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Might want to get on that.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Obviously something happened to scar you.
Now you’re an extremely bitter person, warring & raging against those who you think have somehow done you wrong.
Get a clue about life, friend: Just bcs you can’t Google proof that God exists, or find some kind of experiment that proves He does, does not mean He doesn’t exist.
Inbstead of trying to force your beliefs upon others by ridiculing theirs, perhaps you ought to just be open minded enough to be tolerant of those who do have Faith that He exists.

Badger40 on February 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

What is your point? If you’re a leftist I understand, if not …

darwin on February 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM

It was from an earlier thread he was referencing.

He said this country was devolving into some godless secular country, and I said, hey, that’s not so bad, just look at sweeden and norway.

And on the other hand, with 95+% belief in god, lies saudi arabia, turkey, iran, etc.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

The cartoon in the corner speaks for itself….

Thank gawd Joe Camel is not around anymore to influence the kids.

mechkiller_k on February 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

You should give Sarah Palin a call.

Give her some tips.

Pablo Honey on February 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Good one! I knew if you kept on trying you’d finally succeed.

Congrats!

darwin on February 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

thanks Darwin, I think you defended me when Mr. Pablo was using me to a political point. What’s lacking in this discussion and what I was trying to point out, that we all are here through shear courage and dedication. What happens after is called parenting. Sharing your values and through thick and thin teaching and nurturing your children.

Obviously, Mr. Pablo would prefer abortion or having the State take care of raising his/her spawn.

seesalrun2 on February 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

70% of children are christened automatically. Did you miss that part?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Christening involves parents taking the infant to church. Nothing automatic about it.

Did you miss that part?

massrighty on February 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Planned Parenthood has gone to great lengths to fool the public into thinking that abortions make up only “3 percent of services provided” in their clinics. In reality, according to its most recent report, abortion patients constitute 12 percent of all Planned Parenthood clients, or 332,000 of 3 million unduplicated clients.-CATHERINE ANTHONY ADAIR

Oops I guess that 3% lie is used to distort the facts. To come up with the 3% PP will count all services separately even if a woman comes in for a pap smear, mammogram, and an abortion . It is one visit but the way they spin it one would think there were three visits by three different people. Dishonesty is the best friend of the pro aborts.

CW on February 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

…you missed the entire point.

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Other than your horror about the prospect of college students having sex, I didn’t think you really had much of a point. If they’re already having sex, giving them condoms is hardly encouraging them, and may help prevent a greater evil.

cam2 on February 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Sure, I’ll be perfectly tolerant of your beliefs when you stop trying to make discrimination legal. Deal? Deal.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

70% of children are christened automatically. Did you miss that part?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Your bitter ugliness is showing like a cancerous tumor in the middle of your forehead.

Badger40 on February 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

You also believe in fairy tales, so what do you know.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Only 1 in 10 Swedes thinks religion is important in daily life.
…………………
Almost 9 out of 10 Swedes have Christian burials. ……..

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Hhahahahaahaha

the irony.

CW on February 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Or do you need proof, first ??

pambi on February 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM

You may want to try reading what you wrote again. Try to focus on the word “cannot” and think real hard about it.

Pattosensei on February 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM

“That’s adorable, but sunshine and puppies isn’t proof of god. It’s proof of sunshine and puppies.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:13 PM”

Okay little person, stay on topic, why does a profitable business such as PP deserve my tax dollars in any way shape or form. Especially an organization originally formed by a psychotic eugenicist skank who wanted to wipe out black people using colorful preachers. Any of those come to mind Rev Al and Rev Jess and Black Jesus himself Barak “I don’t wanna punish my daughter with a Baby” Obama. That was his grandchild he was talking about snuffing out! Oh wait, yeah why does a profitable business need public money. If their goals are so righteous, then libs like yourself should give up the gold and provide them with the funds.

Africanus on February 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

70% of children are christened automatically. Did you miss that part?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM

That hasn’t been true for 15 years.

sharrukin on February 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

This is a fun thread.

Bishop on February 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Where in this thread, or ANYWHERE I’ve ever posted in Hot Air, have I advocated discrimination?
Women are not denied the opportunity to buy birth control.
It is not the Federal govt’s job to provide it to her.
She is free to go get it herself.

Badger40 on February 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Badger40 on February 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

A common malady of the “religious” atheist.

CW on February 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

So, keeping in mind this is the source YOU cited.. what say you?

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I’ve got some articles on global warming by Algore. What do you suppose they might say?

Lanceman on February 16, 2012 at 11:03 PM

But it explains a lot.

Did you also miss the part where the church is attended by something like single digits of the pop, despite having 70% membership?

Wonder how that figures? Weird.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 11:03 PM

triple on February 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Thinking that someone who has faith CANNOT POSSIBLY walk in critical thinking, reason, and logic is one flat out lie.
You might wanna work on that.

pambi on February 16, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Women are not denied the opportunity to buy birth control.
It is not the Federal govt’s job to provide it to her.
She is free to go get it herself.

Your presidential candidates are. You know, the people you’re planning on electing? Or were you going to vote obama? If so – my apologies.

triple on February 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM