Quotes of the day

posted at 11:07 pm on February 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., relented on Tuesday and now says he’ll allow a Senate vote on an amendment that would reverse the White House’s controversial requirement that all insurers provide birth control free of charge to women. The proposal put forward last week by Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., would exempt employers from providing any care they find immoral.

“It’s unlikely to pass the Senate, and Reid blocked the vote last week. But he gave in on Tuesday, providing a potential opportunity for his fellow Democrats Ben Nelson of Nebraska (a cosponsor of Blunt’s amendment), Robert Casey of Pennsylvania, and Joe Manchin of West Virginia to go on the record with their opposition to the contraception mandate…

“Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., said Blunt’s proposal could lead to effects far beyond contraception. ‘If I believe that prayer should cure all disease, that’s my belief, and I’m an employer, I can deny coverage for any life-saving intervention,’ Boxer said at a news conference on Tuesday.”

***

“‘Let’s be clear about what’s at stake,’ said Carney. ‘The proposal being considered in the Senate applies to all employers — not just religious employers. And it isn’t limited to contraception. Any employer could restrict access to any service they say they object to. That is dangerous and it is wrong. Decisions about medical care should be made by a woman and her doctor, not a woman and her boss.’

“The measure, proposed by Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) would amend the Affordable Care Act to allow any employer to exclude any health service coverage, no matter how critical or basic, by claiming that it violates their religious or moral convictions. Moreover, according to the National Women’s Law Center, the amendment would remove critical non-discrimination protections from the Affordable Care Act. For instance, an insurer could deny maternity care coverage to a same-sex couple, an interracial couple or a single woman for religious or moral reasons.’…

“‘This is a terrible vote for them,’ said a Senate Democratic aide, explaining why Reid relented. ‘We are thrilled at the prospect about spending as much time as possible talking about this vote. They are caught between their base and a hard place.’”

***

“Obama’s revised rule appears to have won over Republican Sens. Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine. Both had called for changes to the original rule despite their support in the past for a bill with a similar objective.

“‘It appears that changes have been made that provide women’s health services without compelling Catholic organizations in particular to violate the beliefs and tenets of their faith,’ Snowe said in a statement. ‘According to the Catholic Health Association, the administration ‘responded to the issues [they] identified that needed to be fixed,’ which is what I urged the president to do in addressing this situation.”

“‘While I will carefully review the details of the president’s revised proposal, it appears to be a step in the right direction,’ Collins said in a statement. ‘The administration’s original plan was deeply flawed and clearly would have posed a threat to religious freedom. It presented the Catholic Church with its wide-ranging social, educational, and health care services, and many other faith-based organizations, with an impossible choice between violating their religious beliefs or violating federal regulations. The administration has finally listened to the concerns raised by many and appears to be seeking to avoid the threat to religious liberties posed by its original plan.’”

***

“Catholics’ views of President Obama were little changed during a week in which the administration battled publicly with Catholic leaders over whether church-affiliated employers should have to pay for contraception as part of their employees’ health plans.”

***

“Catholic bishops, energized by a battle over contraception funding, are planning an aggressive campaign to rally Americans against a long list of government measures which they say intrude on religious liberty…

“On the federal level, the Obama administration has cancelled or threatened to cancel contracts awarded to Catholic charities for work to prevent HIV and to help victims of sex trafficking. The administration says the charities have to provide services such as condoms, emergency contraception and abortion referrals to maintain the contracts; the charities protest that such conditions violate their religious faith.

“Several states, meanwhile, have required adoption agencies that receive public funds to treat same-sex couples on par with any other prospective foster or adoptive parent. Catholic Charities object, saying the church doesn’t sanction gay and lesbian relationships. Rather than comply with the laws, bishops in Illinois, Massachusetts and Washington D.C. have shut down Catholic adoption agencies.

“The bishops portray this as an out-and-out war on free exercise of religion.”

***

“Cardinal-designate Timothy Dolan, who heads the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, said in an interview with The Associated Press that he trusted Obama wasn’t anti-religious and intended to make good on his pledge to work with religious groups to fine-tune the mandate.

“‘I want to take him at his word,’ Dolan said in Rome, where he will be made a cardinal Saturday. But he stressed: “I do have to say it’s getting harder and harder,’ to believe Obama’s claim to prioritize religious freedom issues given the latest controversy…

“Dolan, the archbishop of New York, said the main concern is that the so-called ‘choking mandates’ remain. In addition many Catholic entities are self-insured. It remains unclear how they would get around the mandate to provide services that they consider morally illicit.

“‘Was what was intended to be a concession, and what gave us a glimmer of hope at the beginning … really just amount to a hill of beans? And it seems as if it does,’ Dolan said.”

***

“Sen. Dick Durbin, the second-ranking Democrat in the U.S. Senate, said Tuesday afternoon that he doesn’t know if President Obama’s revised contraception mandate violates the religious liberty of self-insured religious institutions, such as some hospitals, universities, and the Catholic church in Washington, D.C.

“‘That is the remaining question in my mind–the risk plans, the self-insured,’ Durbin told THE WEEKLY STANDARD following the Senate Democrats weekly luncheon. ‘I want to know how they’re treated. I’ve asked that.’…

“Durbin said he doesn’t know what, if anything, needs to be done to protect self-insured religious institutions. ‘I don’t know. I need to know the answer,’ he said. ‘The same question’s been raised to me, and I don’t know.’”

***

“Obama has made clear who is part of his ideological coalition and who is not. Discussions on the structure and restructuring of the contraceptive policy were conducted between the administration and pro-choice and feminist groups. The institutions targeted by the mandate — particularly those represented by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops — were not in the room. The administration engaged in no substantive consultation with Catholic bishops, who were only called to receive pronouncements. Interest-group liberalism is alive and well in the Obama White House…

“[W]ith a single miscalculation, Obama has managed to unite economic and social conservatives in outrage against government activism and energize religious conservatives in a way Mitt Romney could never manage. Culture-war debates in America are evenly divided. But the objects of culture-war aggression do not easily forget.

“If Obama is playing a political chess game, he has just sacrificed his queen, a rook and all his bishops. It would have to be a deep game indeed.”

***

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Dire Straits:Lol,ya I posted the Mittens/Newt/Santorum will Betray
U,a few days ago!:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM

LoLz..Sorry I missed it..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I can’t wait for Dingy Harry to allow a vote to tell us what uniform to wear based on Obowma’s…

… This ‘Utopia’ is a hoot!

Seven Percent Solution on February 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Seven Percent Solution on February 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

+ 7%..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I do love the word on the street. It’s nice that they stopped saying that once she became a mommy, though. Still, was the baby wrinkled and bald, ’cause…

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

No, but it immediately started complaining about not paying enough taxes.

Igor R. on February 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM

NUNS!

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Lanceman on February 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Lanceman, see I knew that’s what it was. Maybe one day we can meet for a beer and see who can catch the quarter before it falls in the glass. Or we can try this.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

That Dick Durbin is a piece of work..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

No, but it immediately started complaining about not paying enough taxes.

Igor R. on February 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

LOL Of course it did. You failed to comment on the worldly double entendre I incorporated into my Becky Quick comment, btw. A little surprised were we?

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Why is it somehow a crazy position to think that people should buy what they want to buy, including insurance coverage?

drewwerd on February 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

BLASPHEMER!!!

FloatingRock on February 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Outrageous: US weighing options for future cuts in nuclear weapons, including 80% reduction

“…A level of 300 deployed strategic nuclear weapons would take the U.S. back to levels not seen since 1950 when the nation was ramping up production in an arms race with the Soviet Union. The U.S. numbers peaked at above 12,000 in the late 1980s and first dropped below 5,000 in 2003…”

slickwillie2001 on February 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

If 0 did this on purpose I guess I’m just not smart enough to see what advantage it gives him. Sure it pisses us off, garners 40% guaranteed liberal Catholic vote. But what else if anything? Looking like an Epic Fail so far.
Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

While we’re bickering over the contraception component, we slowly accept the idea that the government is the entity that should control medical care.

Cleombrotus on February 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I’ve informed the Mister that if I happen to outlive him by many years…I plan to join a religious order…that doesn’t require a vow of silence.
what?

annoyinglittletwerp on February 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

NUNS!

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I found that a little offensive; my mother was a nun.

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Just saw Liz Cheney on Fox…she is very impressive.

d1carter on February 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Cleombrotus on February 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Great point, it is part of the strategy.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

No dark orgasm in the back room

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Igor R.:Heres the Navigational Map,from Team Liberal!
=====================================================

HEALTHY,HAPPY AND HOT
*********************

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I was rendered speechless…so I had to type my response.

Igor R. on February 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

FloatingRock on February 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

i kinda like this one…

annoyinglittletwerp on February 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Doesn’t look like a lot of haters here tonight. I guess its safe for me to watch the Palin Video now. You guys should know better then to think I missed it.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I was rendered speechless…so I had to type my response.

Igor R. on February 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Har har.

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

How is that possible?

Cleombrotus on February 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Why imagine that! I’m certain that they could and that would be absolutely right and proper. You know why Barbara BoxofRocksHead? Because it is their right to exercise their religious conscience you hag! Now, if their employees don’t agree with that stance and would like insurance for medical treatment, they have two options: 1) take some of the money they are being paid as employees and buy catastrophic health insurance with a large deductible, or 2) find another employer that will pay for insurance.

See, that’s what being an American is about. Freedom to practice one’s faith and freedom to associate with whom one chooses to associate. Sometimes the consequences are harsh if one chooses poorly, but the rewards are great if one chooses wisely. Having the government dictate to religious organizations, or for that matter even businesses what they must or must not cover is, oh. let’s say it sounds a bit like a dictatorship.

AZfederalist on February 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

… This ‘Utopia’ is a hoot!

Seven Percent Solution on February 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Seven Percent Solution: I’m hope’n for a combo of ‘MOM JEANS’
and a thuggish Brown Shirt,so I can
p*ss-off the guards at Re-educational
camp!(sarc):)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

PAY FOR IT and it’s YOURS!!!

What a nifty concept, huh? You`ll have to check one out one day.

kim roy on February 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Intriguing. Now walk me through that “PAY FOR IT” part. Do you mean with a special card that comes from the state or is the money directly deposited into my account from the U.S. Treasury?

cynccook on February 14, 2012 at 11:57 PM

LMAO
Thanks, ladies!

katy the mean old lady on February 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Great point, it is part of the strategy.
Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Diabolical, actually.

Cleombrotus on February 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM

The revised rule that requires insurers to provide the coverage “for free” if the employer objects to paying for the coverage?

Have these bimbos worked out what happens if an INSURER (such as the Catholic Church itself in the case of self-insurance) doesn’t want to provide the coverage?

Remind me never to trust Susan or Olympia in any negotiation requiring an understanding of anything the least bit complicated.

unclesmrgol on February 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I found that a little offensive; my mother was a nun.

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

cynccook:Oh come on,in case of life threatening or Chasity line was
a hoot!!

Its humour!——————————-:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Do you suppose that years after Obama is gone and it becomes apparent that he is the worst president ever, the libs will suddenly push that he is, in fact, half white?

carbon_footprint on February 14, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Do you really think he will ever leave?

herm2416 on February 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

How is that possible?
Cleombrotus on February 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM

LOL It’s just a joke that my Lutheran grandfather liked to make when his Catholic in-laws were around. Then he would just smoke his pipe and watch everyone else argue.

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Question for ya
Thought you said you are from MD Is the Bmore short for Bawlmer? Hon?

katy the mean old lady on February 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Cynccook, I’m sorry. I meant no offense.
I’ve been feeling very shell shocked today and was trying to inject a lighter mood. I’m really sorry, I thought they were cute and looked like they were having fun, I guess I thought they were real, do you think it was a spoof?

I meant no disrespect, I’m Lutheran and our synod President and churches are against this 100%.

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Just saw Liz Cheney on Fox…she is very impressive.

d1carter on February 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Yes she is impressive..Looks and Brains..:)

PS..Plus she is conservative also..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Diabolical, actually.

Cleombrotus on February 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Yep, and its not the first time he’s gone that route.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Definitely the bishops. But the queen? I think Michelle is still on his side. And we are being rooked constantly, so I think he’s got those too.

unclesmrgol on February 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM

PAY FOR IT and it’s YOURS!!!

What a nifty concept, huh? You`ll have to check one out one day.

kim roy on February 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM

cynccook on February 14, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I`m thinking hard and recall being told that people actually used their own money that they were given after doing something. I think it was called `earning` and `work`.

kim roy on February 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

O/T…Updated update,Oregons 6.0 Earthquake!
———————————————

No damage reports from Oregon coast earthquake

Submitted 1 min ago from http://www.washingtonpost.com
===========================

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Aargh! I bit.

Cleombrotus on February 15, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Cynccook, I’m sorry. I meant no offense.

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

No, no! It was just a joke! I wasn’t offended at all. And yes, that video was made for an amateur movie, it said. We’re Catholics, and we love to dance. Even the nuns!

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Against dancing nuns? Badly dancing nuns? Us Catholics are against them too.

unclesmrgol on February 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Sorry to say it but, once you go that route you never come back.

Cleombrotus on February 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

kim roy on February 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Well, maybe, but it sounds like on of those Nigerian internet scams to me. I’d play it on the safe side anyway.

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

The GOP will betray..nevermind..:)

Dire Straits on February 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM
———————————————-

Dire Straits:King_True is that you,haha!(sarc):)

canopfor on February 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

… to the both of you!

Seven Percent Solution on February 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Seven Percent Solution:Hehe,ahem————-:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

That’s good too. I like how they’re men pretending to be women pretending they’re men, (some of them).

FloatingRock on February 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Palin video
Looks left, looks right, okay not a hater to be seen. Should I whisper this? HeII no.

I will never understand for the life of me why people hate this woman. She just isn’t that bad. Of course I’m bias, I am a big Palin supporter. She is getting better and better. Her analysis has always been fairly keen. Now she is really honed in on message and seems even more comfortable in her own skin. We should all be able to acknowledge her talents as pertaining to 0. She is on him big time. We should love that. Great spokesperson for us in my opinion. I have heard pretty much every reason not to like her. Most are little more then media driven talking points that people are all to happy to parrot. I have looked at her record and concluded that she is on balance very appealing as far as politicians go. I guess somethings are just not meant to be figured out. Oh well, on to the tunes.

Palin!

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM
——————————————–

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

cyccook:That’ll teach me to step in to it!—:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Ok, guess I’m still outta sorts. Thank goodness your not.

unclesmrgol. lol. (just in case, since I’m clearly jumpy tonight,
it’s the mandate silly. I enjoy(or used to)my liberty.

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I’m wit’ ya there. Never have figured out the wholesale acceptance of the “she’s dumb” and other rot tossed at her.

AZfederalist on February 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM

First, this whole thing is BS in a barrel. Anyone wanting birth control now has little difficulty in getting it.

Second, way to go, Senate ‘pubs; you’re overreaching again and will eventually snatch defeat from the jaws of victory — again.

Third, this :

is very misleading.

I would wager that the ratio of the number of practicing Catholics who vote to the number of people who self-identify as Catholic who vote would be a lopsided one.

And finally, Snowe and Collins are a couple of water-headed Democrats very poorly disguised.

hillbillyjim on February 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM

O/T,its getting worse for Hopey,er,struggling
US Tax Payers!
—————

U.S. crude up $1, with investors concerned about supply as turmoil in Middle East continues

Submitted 4 mins ago from af.reuters.com
============================

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Question for ya
Thought you said you are from MD Is the Bmore short for Bawlmer? Hon?

katy the mean old lady on February 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Nope, but I do get that all the time. Its been my nickname since I was young. I was always releived they didn’t go with Butch. I have some kin up there. I am familiar with hon. Hamden Hon. Southern born by the grace of God. Although the Eastern Shore of Md is a near paradise. Great fishin and hunting lots of on the water activities. Maryland at least some of it has been ruined by the liberals unfortunately. The Bmore is because I was from the wrong side of the tracks and always dreamed of doing well. You know the whole American dream thing. They say its all I ever talked about getting out of here and going places.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Well,this needs theme music!
—————————–

billy joel only the good die young
***********************************
***********************************

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

billy joel only the good die young
***********************************
***********************************

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Now, this song I really do find offensive.

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

ALT, love Python! Funny!

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

katy the mean old lady on February 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

You’re not mean either. ; )

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I left out this, and it is the most important point that is being overlooked:

THE WHOLE MANDATE IDEA IN AND OF ITSELF IS IMMORAL. It is a bane to the God-given rights enumerated in our founding documents, and an affront to liberty itself.

This has been a calculated misdirection by Jugeared Jesus, Plouffe, and Co., aided and abetted by their minions in the media who set the table with the contraception questions in the earlier debates.

hillbillyjim on February 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I would love for the Catholic Church to (re)join the cause of liberty, but not just their liberty, all of ours. Let’s overturn Obamacare ASAP!

You know it’s not going to be easy to repeal Obamacare and the SCOTUS wont rule until the nomination has already been decided, I believe. There is no way to know what they’ll do, they may decide to let the voters decide. If Romney wins they may figure people must be OK with it. We need to operate on the assumption that it will not be overturned, and that means we need a serious candidate that is a game changer, not a status quo GOPer who wants to preserve the racket for as long as possible. Debt and deficits DO matter now that the baby boomers are retiring and our society is moving into a less productive phase. We cannot sustain the status quo without creating a huge tax/inflation bubble that will smother the future. There is no perfect candidate in the race but the one who’s right for the times is Ron Paul.

FloatingRock on February 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

canopfor, petty good QOTD song right there. I better get busy picking one.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM
——————————————

Now, this song I really do find offensive.

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM

cynccook:True dat,and its a reminder,the way the Left thinks,
an anthem for free sex and their perception/deception
of Catholics,or,Christians for that matter!:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:47 AM

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM
—————————————–

canopfor, petty good QOTD song right there. I better get busy picking one.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Bmore:Suggestion….MeatLoaf,Paradise by the DashBoard Lights,
…..ahem!:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

cynccook:True dat,and its a reminder,the way the Left thinks,
an anthem for free sex and their perception/deception
of Catholics,or,Christians for that matter!:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:47 AM

It’s true. I can’t even stand to listen to that song on the radio. Once I really paid attention to the lyrics, I longed to hit Billy Joel in the face. But then he kept having drunk driving accidents, so I figured someone else was already punishing him…

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I left out this, and it is the most important point that is being overlooked:

hillbillyjim on February 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

hillbillyjim:Good to see ya:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Can’t stay awake any more. Night all!

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

hillbillyjim:Good to see ya:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

The same to ya, Mr. Linkmeister. Keep up the good work.

:>)

hillbillyjim on February 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Pleasant dreams.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:47 AM
——————————————

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

cynccook:Lol,smack em in da face,Retributive Justice thingy,haha.

Yup,when you think back,they played it on the radio about
10 times a day!:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM
The same to ya, Mr. Linkmeister. Keep up the good work.

:>)

hillbillyjim on February 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM

hillbillyjim:Thanks,working on it!:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

So I’ll be around forever.
Good to know.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM

cynccook on February 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Then you will really like this one: Still Billy Joel

AZfederalist on February 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Then you will really like this one: Still Billy Joel

AZfederalist on February 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Can’t. Breathe. ROTFLMBO!!!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Otay,I’m out too,cynccook…sweet dreams,

Everyone Good Night,and pleasant *O.B.E’s!!

*Out-of-body experience
***********************

====================================================

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Happy Valentines day. I know you are hitched to the Mister.

SparkPlug on February 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Then you will really like this one: Still Billy Joel

AZfederalist on February 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM

AZfederalist:Lmao,well done,haha!:)

Okay,nite again!

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Liz Cheney rocks.

SparkPlug on February 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Here is a very good Billy Joel tune..Excellent piano..IMHO..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

So I’ll be around forever.
Good to know.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM

annoyinglittlewerp:——————:)

canopfor on February 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Happy Valentines day. I know you are hitched to the Mister.

SparkPlug on February 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM

He asked me what I wanted for V-Day. I said to see his face on the side of a Milk Jug. That’s when the fight started.
*rimshot*
Thank you veddy much.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

I liked Pink Floyd when they were just Floyd. When they merged with Pink they weren’t as good. -Jailbreak

SparkPlug on February 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

ROTF.

SparkPlug on February 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

The caption on this post’s picture,

Darth Vader at the podium with Grand Moff Tarkin

Kini on February 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Many believe that if Romney wins the nomination the SCOTUS is more likely to let Obamacare stand, thus there would have to be a lengthy and difficult if not impossible effort to repeal it. Conversely, if Ron Paul wins the nomination the SCOTUS is more likely to overturn it, thus negating the need for such a battle.

FloatingRock on February 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM

The caption on this post’s picture,

Darth Vader at the podium with Grand Moff Tarkin

Kini on February 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Or, Dumb and Dumber

hillbillyjim on February 15, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Aloha, Kini, and goodnight to all.

hillbillyjim on February 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Dire Straits

QOTD song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycCRTl-_aCE

I’m stuck. To many Catholic threads. When stuck go with the default.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Just saw Liz Cheney on Fox…she is very impressive.

d1carter on February 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Yes she is impressive..Looks and Brains..:)

PS..Plus she is conservative also..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

She better never run for office…

KOOLAID2 on February 15, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Okay who’s got some QOTD tunes? Load em up.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

She better never run for office…

KOOLAID2 on February 15, 2012 at 1:15 AM

While I see your point..I think she would be a very good politician..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Okay who’s got some QOTD tunes? Load em up.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

John Prine for me today

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Dire
Could have gone this route.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

While I see your point..I think she would be a very good politician..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I want her too…but then they would Palinize her.
Next thing you know..she’s dumb as a box or rocks…and looks like her dad in drag…and they’ll be yelling ‘Halliburton’ and blaming her for the Gulf oil spill…etc

KOOLAID2 on February 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Nice one, humor, with melody.

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Make ya smile every time. : )

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Ain’t you got a QOTD song my brother from another Mother?

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM

First off, contraception means abortion, when you call out a lib on it they act like someone just stomped their instep.

Second, religion (Christian) hating liberals is a time tested meme who’s time has come again.

Third, for the first time in a long time Christians are in the cat bird seat and I think this affront to Christian morals can gain some traction, especially when put in context against Obamacare and the corruption that brought us this hellish nightmare.

The more nationalized health care is instituted the more control over religion liberals will have.

Speakup on February 15, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Bmore on February 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

..Try this one..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who’s the purest candidate of all?
Endicott 2012!

Endicott’s always back in time, Endicott’s not the cheating kind
Endicott’s full of compliment, Endicott’s such a gentleman

Endicott’s carrying a heavy load, Endicott never really ever moans
Endicott’s not a wealthy guy but Endicott pays the bill on time
Endicott’s got ideas and plans, Endicott’s what you call a real man
Endicott always will provide ’cause Endicott is the family type

(why can’t you be like Endicott?)

Endicott keeps his body clean, Endicott don’t use nicotine
Endicott don’t drink alcohol, Endicott uses no drugs at all

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 15, 2012 at 1:49 AM

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

John Prine is awesome…Very good music..IMHO..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM

One more, nite all.

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I thought you might like him. Played him all day. My God he’s gotten so old, then I read he had cancer surgery, but still seems like he’s touring. Do you like Little Feat?

opps I said good night didn’t I. oh well….

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 1:57 AM

MontanaMmmm on February 15, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Yes I like Little Feat..My wife really likes them..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Dire Straits on February 15, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I’ll chose one tommorrow nite, for her then.
Nite Dire and BMore.