Julianne Moore: As a longtime liberal, I found Sarah Palin “pretty terrifying”

posted at 3:05 pm on February 14, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Lovely. Just what you want to hear from the actress who plays Mrs. Palin in the soon-to-be-released HBO film, “Game Change.” Julianne Moore says she found her theatrical muse “terrifying.”

Actually, Moore’s quote about SP is neither as ideological nor as personal as the headline makes it sound. NewsBusters supplies the context:

Moore explained how she recognized Palin’s political appeal:

“Here’s a woman who’s a parent, who’s an actual working mother, who worked her way up from local government, who was definitely middle working class, married to a commercial fisherman….She was incredibly relatable, she was attractive, she was young; she was speaking to a wide portion of the population that didn’t feel that they’d been noticed or seen or heard.”

In her February 14 item (posted on February 13) “Julianne Moore: Sarah Palin was ‘pretty terrifying,’” Schwab quoted Moore:

“I would say, as a registered Democrat and longtime liberal, I think that I speak for a lot of women when I say that when [Palin] burst onto the scene, the way that she did that was pretty terrifying because I really felt like, Oh my gosh, the Republicans might have this election,” Moore recalled of her first perceptions of Palin back in 2008. “She was so electrifying as a figure, it kind of blew everyone away.”

So, it wasn’t Palin per se that scared Ms. Moore; it was her freshness, the way in which she invigorated an admittedly dull and unattractive ticket.

Still, Moore’s remarks soften my expectations of her portrayal of Palin in the movie. Moore’s a pro, so it’ll be solid and as sympathetic as she can muster, but it won’t be transcendent. Before I read these comments and had just seen the trailer, my hopes were quite high: I dreamed some core of Julianne Moore might have connected with the character she was called upon to play. No such luck.

Eh, well. Look at it this way: Liberals have Meryl Streep and Julianne Moore. We have actual Margaret Thatcher and Sarah Palin. Authenticity for the win. Clearly, prominent conservative women intrigue and attract Hollywood. What can we say? They’re magnetic.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I’m not a fan of Palin’s but I’ve long had the standing that without her on the ticket Obama would have won a landslide victory. McCain excited no one and had no real support going into that election.

Benaiah on February 14, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Didn’t seem like McCain wanted to win. It was weird. Palin dragged his arse over the finish line.

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Lanceman on February 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Lanceman, I’ve come to expect nothing less from you. : ) I had forgotten about ole Bilbo. Of course it was 35 + years ago when I had read it. The math definition, well let me just say I ain’t great with the numbers thing.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM

If you can get this thread to 800 I’ll buy you a beer.

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:19 PM

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Mormon?

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:22 PM

If you can get this thread to 800 I’ll buy you a beer.

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:19 PM

You can’t go to the Palin well too many days in a row.

Lanceman on February 14, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Well I knew who she was because of this set of profiles of her,

narciso on February 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM

“Maverick” McLame had made his career out of compromising with the Democrats and kicking the Republican base. When he had to fight against Obama and his ideology, he didn’t believe strongly enough in conservative principles and didn’t want to be called a raciiist. He was psyched out.

Gladtobehere on February 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Gladtobehere on February 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Good analysis.

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Well I knew who she was because of this set of profiles of her,

narciso on February 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM

All I kept thinking was “You idiot, don’t choose a broad!” (shades of Geraldine Ferraro came to mind)

Jesus, she was a sweet thing in high school.

Lanceman on February 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:19 PM

You can’t go to the Palin well too many days in a row.

Lanceman on February 14, 2012 at 8:24 PM

You can lead a Mr. Seven to water but you can’t make him think.

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM

You can lead a Mr. Seven to water but you can’t make him think.

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Heh. Looks like we have a wiener!

Lanceman on February 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Good analysis.

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Thank you.

Gladtobehere on February 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM

So is it Mr. or Mrs?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM

ladyingray on February 14, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I feel like I haven’t seen you around lately, or am I just being less vigilant in my old age?

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Well we were spared the excitement of the Minnesota machine T Paw, so there’s that to consider, couldn’t even swing his own primary
this time around,

narciso on February 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Here’s a nice clip of McCain defending Palin.

Garym on February 14, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Oops, bad link. I’ll try again.

Garym on February 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM

ladyingray on February 14, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM

She hasn’t been. I told her narutoputz was back.

Lanceman on February 14, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Cindy
I had to run out earlier before I could respond to your ? , I’m sorry to say I forget the ? I went back to look for it and couldn’t find it. I’ll give you an answer if you can remember what it was. : )

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Strike 1 – Flaking out on her one term in office.

Strike 2 – Doing Reality TV

Strike 3 – Facebooking like a teenager.

Next question?

NoDonkey on February 14, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Get help.

Aitch748 on February 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM

So is it Mr. or Mrs?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Only her hair dresser knows for sure.

BTW, Happy valentines to Cindy, Flora and Katy the Curvaceous Lady.

Also Twerp and GopherGirl and Midwestprinces and wi farmgirl too.

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Get help.

Aitch748 on February 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM

It wouldn’t help.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Don’t say it to me, say it to them.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 8:51 PM

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Don’t say it to me, say it to them.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Sorry. I thought you were in charge of special deliveries. LOL

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Aside from being incompetent, Schmidt and Wallace are seditious bastids.

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Yep, Johnny Mac’s A-Team. It’s a wonder he came as close as he did.

slickwillie2001 on February 14, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Lets try this again.

Garym on February 14, 2012 at 8:56 PM

How many of the Romneybots here are LDSers? On twitter it is quite a few.

CoolChange80 on February 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:52 PM

HeII no, I ain’t in charge of nothing on this thread, just trying to satisfy your request to keep it going. I like Palin enough to throw in, but I still don’t know who the heII the winch is.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:04 PM

winch=wench

Sorry apparently I have trouble with those. See clinched=clenched.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM

If you don’t mind me asking, I had thought you female, correct?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Lets take this despicable fool Lanceman as an example. I have two sons who are serving honorably in the military. They have served since 2006 and all the old timers at HA know it. Look at how he insults them. We also have a person here who went searching for my son at the Army post he is posted to.

For those reasons I am very guarded with personal info. My gender was known by all since the very beginning of HA, but since people here have actually been using that information to attempt to stalk me, I am not inclined to share it once some confusion about it began.

So, it isn’t anything personal, if I tell you, I am telling everyone. I just am not going to open myself up to people who cannot keep their blogging life in perspective.

If it means that much, I can create a throw away email and give it to you through it. Your choice.

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Neither Julianne nor Tina come with in a light year of her;

narciso on February 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

This isn’t the first thread that you’ve done this, is it? This is an obsession.

Gladtobehere on February 14, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Criticizing a political figure on a political blog is perfectly acceptable. Making me the subject of threads on a political blog is thread jacking.

Of course as always, YMMV.

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Forgive us, if we don’t see you highlighting the difficult but necessary work of our soldiers, sailors and airmen, on various battlefields from the Horn of Africa to the Hindu Kush, whereas
you spout ignorant half remembered memes about someone who has ‘walked the walk’ on a whole host of issues,

narciso on February 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Nope, can’t say as that I blame you a bit. Privacy is something I treasure dearly. If no one here was anonymous, that would be a different beast. I will promise I would never stalk anyone. Unfortunately you only have me saying trust me. I completely understand. I too have been somewhat guarded here. There are many folks that I do not trust. The only reason, just so you know, that I asked is because I get tired of having to write he/she. It just is a little strange. Anyway, How was the steak?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM

One show I won’t be watching..

reshas1 on February 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM

csdeven
Thank your sons for their service to our country for me. I will for ever be indebted to our brave men and women in uniform. Oh in case you were curious. I’m a guy.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM

She hasn’t been. I told her narutoputz was back.

Lanceman on February 14, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Really? Under what name?

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM

hold that against her.

Funny.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Alrighty. Can answer that two ways. ;)

Serious: He was making it seem that because she took off her clothes in movies that she’s a tramp. Not fair and a tad sexist. She’s been in some high grade movies with some high grade talent around her and while she might intellectually be an idiot, I’ve appreciated her acting. Her comments don’t offend me as much as people like Garofalo and Sammy’s last rant. Moore just needs to educate herself a little rather than believing the party lines. The other two are out and out morons. Not worth calling her a wh*re repeatedly. IMHO, of course.

Not so serious: B’dish.

kim roy on February 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 8:41 PM

You told someone the Dire took someone to task and I wanted to know which thread? And it didn’t make any difference that you had to leave, I couldn’t remember which thread it was on either.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Anyway, How was the steak?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Awesome! Medium rare and very tender. It might just get me laid tonight.

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Of course as always, YMMV.

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM

You’re obsessed with Sarah Palin. I’ve seen the same rants on more than one thread. Then you said that someone else needed therapy. That goes too far. How many times are you going to rant at others and accuse them of being crazy?

Gladtobehere on February 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM

narciso on February 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Who is you?

and if you are talking about Palin, one of the first thing she does in every speech is recognize and praise our troops for the sacrifice they are making.

idesign on February 14, 2012 at 9:26 PM

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Can’t hurt. ; )

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Thanks very much and they do appreciate the sentiment. Army son is in sniper school now. Passed his first stalk today and has his hard line ID test tomorrow. Navy son is at Pearl. He calls us every February and tells us he is playing volley ball on the beach. We live in Idaho freezing our 8utts off. lol

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM

If you are not willing to stand up for Sarah Palin , then you are part of the problem.

CoolChange80 on February 14, 2012 at 9:30 PM

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Are you a Mormon?

CoolChange80 on February 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I was referring to csdeven, I have come across too many, like her, on Rightosphere and RightSpeak, some who border on Trig Trutherism,
As for Julianne, who I’ve been following since ‘Hand that Rocked the Cradle’ I guess one who ding her for ignorance, but she’s going off
the remarkably gullible portrayals by Halperin and Heileman, which unlike the Clinton’s Hillary and the Edwards, (they deliver grand guignol out of Desperate Housewives) was immediately challenged by
the subject.

narciso on February 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM

You’re obsessed with Sarah Palin.

So what? This is a political blog and Palin is a thread topic lots of times.

I’ve seen the same rants on more than one thread.

This thread isn’t about me.

Then you said that someone else needed therapy.

This thread isn’t about me.

That goes too far.

This thread isn’t about me.

How many times are you going to rant at others and accuse them of being crazy?

Gladtobehere on February 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I will until there is an actual thread with csdeven as the topic. Until then, only crazy people with priority issues prefer to drone on about a fellow HA member rather than the thread topic.

Savvy?

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I want to know why you are so insane when it comes to Sarah Palin. Are you a crazed member of the Cult of Latter Saints that is threatened by the existence of Sarah Palin, because she is a threat to your boy Mittens?

CoolChange80 on February 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Anyway, How was the steak?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Awesome! Medium rare and very tender. It might just get me laid tonight.

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM

A steak just might get you laid tonight?

WTH, are you feeding it to your poodle?

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 9:38 PM

narciso on February 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Sorry for the mistake…

You can’t deal with fools like csdeven, it seems like it lost it’s soul years ago.

idesign on February 14, 2012 at 9:39 PM

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

CoolChange80 on February 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM

That is the most plausible explanation. Its a religious motive.

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM

csdeven,
I want to know what is the roots of your rage against Palin? It is that she is a threat to Mitt Romney and you think this your best chance to see a member of the Cult of Latter Saints get elected president? Am I right, csdeven? I think so.

CoolChange80 on February 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM

You’re obsessed with Sarah Palin.

So what? This is a political blog and Palin is a thread topic lots of times.

I’ve seen the same rants on more than one thread.

This thread isn’t about me.

Then you said that someone else needed therapy.

This thread isn’t about me.

That goes too far.

This thread isn’t about me.

How many times are you going to rant at others and accuse them of being crazy?

Gladtobehere on February 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Savvy?

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I just wanted to make a point that you refuse to accept. Fine by me. Rant away. I’m getting off now anyway. Bye.

Gladtobehere on February 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Oh thats right, well its a bit of a long explanation. There is a troll that I had been doing some scouting on. Remember I told you I had been going back thru the old threads. A couple of months ago portlandon had clued me into what he/she had thought the case to be on some other troll. In searching the old threads I came across what portlandon had clued me to. So I spent some time studying up on it. Two nights ago on QOTD early in the evening hawkdriver had tried to set a trap for it, the troll, at least I think it was the same one. The trap failed. So later that evening, you know how I like to spend time there at QOTD late night, the troll came in for one of those quick hits. You know where they come in crap and leave. I decided since Dire and I were just kinda hanging out doing our normal thing I’d call the troll out. You know I’m a lover but I can be mean. Anyway I was very mean to it and sure enough it couldn’t resist. Remember I had to be pretty mean to it. Any way it came out and I was actually kinda busy with about three other conversations at the time plus I was watching the thread count because 1000 was coming up. I know thats a stupid thing I like to do. Kind of like first! You know the way Bishop plays funny. Anyhow I let it settle for just a second and then Dire, sweet one that he is, sprung the trap. It was funny. that troll couldn’t resist. Frankly and I think you believe me when I say I’m not much for name calling, but that idiot troll couldn’t resist the bait. And there it was, had, proving out the very point portlandon had shared with me months back. It was just lighthearted fun on my part. Something to entertain myself with, but it was perfect. Dire’s timing and words were flawlessly delivered and flawlessly timed. I like Dire, he’s a bud. Anyway no biggy just funon around. It did convince however that it is the same troll that has been banned three times. Not very smart, that one. Wow that was a lot of typing. ; )

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Why don’t libs play their own?

Moore can portray Nancy Pelosi and Streep can do Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Howcum, gals?

Because, if anyone paid real attention to the lib icons, they public would realize what hypocritical, slimy, deceitful, condescending s.o.b.s they actually are.

profitsbeard on February 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM

csdeven

Let’s take this despicable liar, cdseven.

Anyone can represent themself as anything from behind a computer screen. And, as someone caught in ‘misrepresentations’, I expect nothing less than despicable, regardless of who claims to know it personally.

But when PDS is involved, and the vast majority of its posts concern said P, it ‘gets’ what it deserves.

But then again, we have a rocket scientist who has plenty of time on its hands to run its keyboard.

Really? Under what name?

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM

KeninCT, Cindy.

Lanceman on February 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Cool, thanks, I’m confused by something because to different people you are a different sex. If you don’t mind me asking, I had thought you female, correct?
Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM

cross dressing even the deviate

Sonosam on February 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Now mind you the people behind this, is Roach, the Austin Powers honcho, and this third string player on ‘Buffy’ straining for relevance,

narciso on February 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM

csdeven on February 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Trivia, my Mom and Dad served and met at Pearl WWII. My sis was born there. Mom’s still living 92. Got her in the Women’s War Memorial, which was very cool.

You know that fellow your talking to does have a point. Its hurtful to some when you say the need therapy. Just a thought, you know you don’t like it when they do that to you. Chances are they take exception to it also. You know the whole perception/reality thingy. ; )

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM

the=they

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM

the=they

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM

And, contra-coincidentally, for my previous post

they = the.

profitsbeard on February 14, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I completely understand. Sometimes you mess with them just because you can. I am ashamed to say that I do it to non trolls.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Lanceman on February 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Thanks, I’ll watch.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I was just about to consign Miss Moore to that small cadre of performers who I will never ever pay a nickel to see anymore. Then I read the context. One thing I’ve learned on this blog is that you should always get the context. I’m just fine with Miss Moore. She’s a liberal. It’s allowed.

Tomolena1 on February 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Keep blowing everyone away Guv.

I’ll never forget when the news came out about that chartered flight from Alaska on its way to Middletown, OH the night before you were introduced.

Terrifying it was. I still remember the shock of all those media goons in despair.

Too bad we had to bring you up to the bigs early to bail the old f*rt out.

KirknBurker on February 14, 2012 at 10:16 PM

profitsbeard on February 14, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I’m trying to do better each and every day. I blame the keyboard cover, lack of spelling ability, lack of good grammar, blindness, plain ole stupidity, too many commas and of course Booooosh!

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 10:16 PM

People, if it is true that csdeven is a woman, then we know probable source of her hatred of Palin.

But…that is not for discussion on this thread. Too personal.

KirknBurker on February 14, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Julianne Moore’s ugly nipples are pretty terrifying.

GMO on February 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Sarah Palin is a threat to Mitt Romney and the Romneybots think this their best chance to see a member of the Cult of Latter Saints get elected president? Am I right, csdeven? I think so.

I wonder if Chudi is a Mormon too.

CoolChange80 on February 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM

KirknBurker on February 14, 2012 at 10:26 PM

csdeven and a lot of the Romneybots that are losing their minds over Palin because is a threat to their Mormon Messiah. It is all about the Mormon thing. The irrational Romneybots are members of the Cult of Latter Day Saints and this is their best chance at getting one of their own elected.

CoolChange80 on February 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Hold it right there, Did I hear nipples?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

When I see Julianne Moore I think of dried up beef jerky…

That is all…

celt on February 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM

He was psyched out.

Gladtobehere on February 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I fear Romney will be the same way. He doesn’t seem inclined to fight libs, only cons.

alwaysfiredup on February 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Julianne Moore’s azz looks like 50 pounds of chewed bubble gum.

Roy Rogers on February 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Strike 3 – Facebooking like a teenager.

Next question?

NoDonkey on February 14, 2012 at 4:02 PM

LMAO!

You obviously haven’t read any of Palin’s Facebook posts, nor are you familiar with those of a teen-ager. They consist mainly of “I’m bored.” “Text me. “At the mall with friends.”

Palin’s are serious analyses of policy, which are so damned good, that some of her other haters accuse her of having them ghost-written for her.

JannyMae on February 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Facebooking like a teenager.

NoDonkey on February 14, 2012 at 4:02 PM

LMAO!

JannyMae on February 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

That was cute.

alwaysfiredup on February 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Very cool. Thank your mom for her service.

I make a distinction between a normal rational Palin supporter and those who take criticisms of her as a personal insult. I do not take offense to comments about Mittbots etc because I know those comments do not apply to me. I expect the same from Palin supporters. There is no reason to take offense if the comment doesn’t apply to them.

But, when someone acts as if the comment does apply to them, then I usually accept that they know what they believe and I respond in that context.

csdeven on February 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM

And if Palin were a dem, she’d be lionized by the left and their media lackeys…

Gohawgs on February 15, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Who knew that the Obsessor is a lying sack of sheeit?

Gohawgs on February 15, 2012 at 3:24 AM

First it was the hatchet job of a film on Margaret Thatcher that used her frail current condition as a tool to downplay her great accomplishments ………….. and now we are getting a movie from Hollywood on Palin? What else are we to expect from Hollywood? An historically accurate movie has probably never been made.

SC.Charlie on February 15, 2012 at 4:11 AM

This headline to this article is very misleading.

It’s like Tina is going out of her way to get the Palin worshipers all worked up.

Julianne Moore was simply saying that, as soon as Palin came onto the scene, Obama supporters were scared that Palin might be a formidable candidate… but after Sarah Palin opened her mouth and gave more interviews, we all learned she was an incompetent buffoon!

To be honest, this is exactly how I felt (but I was happy at first rather than terrified) about Palin. When I saw her convention speech, I was elated! I remember the week leading up to the convention… everyone was waiting to hear from Palin. I was so hoping she would turn out to be capable. It was nerve-wracking. But it all went downhill after that convention speech. The worse part was it seemed like Palin never made much attempt to improve, and she still hasn’t to this day!

Palin can’t even name a single Founding Father. Here’s that infamous clip from the interview with Glenn Beck.
Funny thing is that if she were a man, she would never have even been offered the VP candidate slot. She was nothing but an affirmative action candidate, much like Barack Obama, whose ethnicity allowed his lack of experience and problematic associations to be overlooked by the media and voters.

bluegill on February 15, 2012 at 6:20 AM

You mean like this piece of Journalism;

narciso on February 15, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Meanwhile, look at whose actually sitting in the Naval Observatory

narciso on February 15, 2012 at 7:26 AM

He was the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations, a member of the Senate for 36 years;

narciso on February 15, 2012 at 7:27 AM

This is the stuck on stupide we’re fighting. The culture wars the liberal democrats are fighting (and winning) are because these high profile buffoons have a platform to spread their stupidity. We should be so aggressive and committed as the liberals are when spreading their propaganda. Instead we cower and apologize for what we believe in. For years they’ve stereotyped and libeled republicans and conservatives and it’s become part of our culture to ridicule religious persons and anyone with strong, moral convictions. Look at the contraception/abortion battle right now and how they’re mocking the Catholic Church and even Rick Santorum as they did Sarah Palin. They create some kind of schtick on a conservative as Tina Fey did with Sarah Palin and run with it no matter how untrue: “I see Russia from my house”. If we don’t start pushing back and soon, it will be a lost cause. (Can we say gay “marriage”?) It’s an all out assault all around when you watch the news and see what’s happening to us nationally.

mozalf on February 15, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Who is Julianne Moore?

flyoverland on February 15, 2012 at 8:51 AM

SparkPlug on February 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I saw him speak at the Cumberlain County Arena here in Fayetteville NC. He brought Linsey Graham with him. Really. Every warmup speech by the local political figures was more impassioned and on fire than McCain. I honestly don’t think he really wanted it.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2012 at 8:52 AM

bluegill on February 15, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Your opinion.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Palin was great until she spoke.

rubberneck on February 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM

How can you expect a cast of liberals to be open minded? That’s never going to happen, so to me the film isn’t going to be worth wasting my time. Add to that the fact that Palin is far prettier than the person that is playing her and it’s a double let down.

SgtRed on February 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Dear Julianne,

Thanks, sweetie, but I don’t take advice from or pay much attention to people who play dress-up and make-believe for a living, while being paid millions of dollars for the drivel they produce.

Have a nice day!

Dominion on February 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM

So why did you put that provocative title at the top of this un-newsy article? You had to contribute something and this lame excuse was all you had? That’s it, isn’t it?

woodNfish on February 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM

meh, ANOTHER Hollyweird movie I won’t see.

kirkill on February 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Why don’t libs play their own?

Moore can portray Nancy Pelosi and Streep can do Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Howcum, gals?

profitsbeard on February 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM

No doubt, but if the box office receipts are bad for the movies about conservatives, imagine pathetic they’d be for that! It’d be like a Michael Moore propaganda film.

kirkill on February 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM

You mean like this piece of Journalism;

narciso on February 15, 2012 at 7:23 AM

And people question why she didn’t run again. The people who are supposedly on the same side as her buy this crap rather than take a moment of their time to find out the truth. Why should she run for your benefit? You can’t even be bothered to give her the benefit of the doubt when you KNOW the media were playing fast and loose.

*you in the generic sense, we know who those are that prefer to be fed the media’s lies rather than think on their own

kim roy on February 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Actually, I always thought Ms. Moore was a little scary looking.

LizardLips on February 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

The thing to remember about Palin is that the communists scream and wail about her precisely because she is so effective. As bomber pilots used to say, when you’re catching flak it means you are over the target.

Lee